[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dutch Thread: "Kritische Zeemeeuwen" Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 36

File: nethergundam.png (635KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
nethergundam.png
635KB, 1200x900px
Previously, in our /comfy/ slow thread >>9492567
>Lots of Animecon talk, new 18+ events, our meet,
>Animecon vs Abunai, which is better and why?
>Smoke's WIP shots of Rakan and wig stress
>Tully's!
>Dokomi talk
>Abunaai and their new merchandise
>Minque is kill?
>LolAIVD IS WATCHING YOU
>Lots of small talk
>And last but definitly not least, Prop-Anon won the Yamato preliminaries with Cordana. I for one welcome our new Nethergundam overlord.

The next five major events:
>Moshi Moshi Fair (June 17th, Amsterdam NH), a free fair for those who enjoy Japanese things and anime.
>Castlefest (August 3rd - 6th, Lisse ZH), the other outdoor fantasy orientated convention.
>Abunai! (August 25th - 27th, Veldholven NB), a nice con that suffers from the limited amount of suited venues.
>Amsterdam Comic Con (September 2nd & 3rd, Amsterdam NH), a geek culture fair that's all about buying stuff.
>Elfia Arcen (September 23rd & 24rd, Arcen LB), not the other outdoor fantasy orientated convention.
Our full con calendar with Google Calendar support can be found at https://www.churi.nl/agenda

Friendly reminders:
>POSTS MADE IN DUTCH ARE AGAINST GLOBAL 4CHAN RULES AND WILL BE REMOVED!
>We have a newcomers guide at https://churi.nl/newcomers-guide
>Defending yourself on /cgl/ only makes things worse. It's best to take things posted here lightly and just move on.
>Posting WIP pictures and/or progress about your current projects is encouraged.

If you think things have been quiet over here, that's becasue we've got a Discord. Feel free to join us ar https://discord.gg/RgaEYeK and say hi1
>>
Nethergundam also reporting in.
>>
File: kritischezeemeeuwen.jpg (1MB, 2571x1928px) Image search: [Google]
kritischezeemeeuwen.jpg
1MB, 2571x1928px
And for those who didn't catch this little gem on discord, we got a subtle mention in the Aniway magazine.
>>
File: smokeartikel.jpg (63KB, 770x578px) Image search: [Google]
smokeartikel.jpg
63KB, 770x578px
>>9519889
And I got mentioned too!
>>
Omg that's so cute
>>
>>9519865
I would avoid moshi moshi fair like the plague.
firstly its organized by Otaku shoppu which has a history of selling bootleg.
And they have reduced them selves to begging in Cosplaynk and other pages for people to give events.
>>
File: churiduo2.jpg (177KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
churiduo2.jpg
177KB, 1024x768px
STOP, SURVEY TIME!
http://churi.nl/survey/index.php/777492?lang=en

Has it really been a year since the first survey already? Well, I guess that means it's time for the third 'whenever I feel like it' Dutch Thread Survey! The questions are once again pretty much the same and you may still skip any question you like. The global results should be available publicly, although individual responses are only visible to me. Of course I (or maybe someone else) will make an infograph based on the results later on once this survey stops receiving new submissions. Everything else should be explained on the welcome page of the survey. Oh, and you can change the language of the survey to Dutch this time around. Isn't that cute?

Also in case you want to, you can view the old survey infographs on churi.nl
Spring 2016: https://churi.nl/surveys/spring-2016/
Fall 2016: https://churi.nl/surveys/fall-2016/
Current survey public results: http://churi.nl/survey/index.php/statistics_user/action/surveyid/777492/language/en
>>
>>9519914
Oh, I thought Lychee Tea is behind Moshi Moshi Fair?
>>
>Abunai! (August 25th - 27th, Veldhoven NB), a nice con that suffers from the limited amount of suited venues.
I think the venue and the surroundings is one of the best things about Abunai! but that's just me.
>>
File: gw045.jpg (76KB, 566x800px) Image search: [Google]
gw045.jpg
76KB, 566x800px
>>9519972
That should had been 'a nice con that suffers from the limited amount of nearby sleeping accommodations'. Sorry, it's been a long day filled with writing reports, making some finishing touches on the survey, posting a new thread, downloading a shitload of images like these, groceries, cooking and so on. I would love to say it won't happen again, but that would be lying.
>>
>>9519986
Ah like that, I normally sleep at the camping nearby as that's the cheapest option for me and I have a car and don't drink so it's not really a problem for me.
>>
>>9519914
>>9519967
Lychee Tea is partly behind it together with some guys who don't have anything to do with the shop.

It was very nice last time, so I probably go again this year.
>>
>>9519972
You are both right.
>>
8-9 july is El Mundo Fantasia. Might Be a good one to add to the upcoming events
>>
>>9520164
Sorry i got confused.
But lychee tea is not much better than outaku shoppu.
>>
>>9520703
They're worse, even. Saw them at Dokomi this year, and am pretty sure half of their merch was a copy, or uses a brand or image without a license. Last time I saw Otaku Shoppu, they were carrying some shady old stock, but most of their stuff was legit. That was on an event where fake is sad wasn't checking, so I have hope.
>>
>>9520703
Totally true. ;)
>>
>>9520733
Even worse, they showed up to that event at TU/e uninvited, claimed a dealerstand and put up a huge banner. Not only were they not welcome, they did all this without permission and that banner wasn't even allowed due to safety issues. Oh and they put up this barely dressed dakimakura cover whilst other dealers got clear instructions to leave the lewd stuff at home. GG Lychee Tea. I don't think they ever apologized for that shit.
>>
>>9520768
I've also ordered lenses from them once, got told the lenses were out of stock and never received my money back until I made a public post about them.
Great service.
>>
>>9520620
Oh? What's that?
>>
What are your experiences as dealers or artist on Tomofair?
>>
>>9520620
>>9520789
Might aswell add campzone then.
>>
>>9520792
Very crowded but the crowd isn't necessarily buying much. Lots of people just going there to see what's all about or to have a cheap excuse to walk around in cosplay. From my experience, it's mostly trinkets that have the best odds of selling, especially if they're based on really popular series/characters or are just plain cute. Having a really good sales pitch might help. It can be so busy, people don't feel liking browsing and will only stop to really look if they see/hear something that really interests them.
>>
animecons survey is up!
>>
>>9520620
>>9520789
It's comparable to Elfia, I think. Nice area in de Mondo Tuinen in Limburg. "Cosplay, steampunk and fantasy" is what the website said.
>>
so moshi moshi is a no-go? That sucks, it seemed fun to me. It's free.
>>
>>9520792
Used to be amazing when it was one day, it's decent as two days. Just the same profit spread across two days. Cheaper crowd means more small sales.
Are you the same person that's occasionally asking this same question about other cons, and if so, have you ever tabled?
>>
>>9521178
Polish a turd, it's still a turd.
>>
Which anon was circling around the meet but didn't say 'hi'? We're very curious to who you are!
>>
>>9521150
I'll throw it a quick look, not enough fantasy events for my taste.
>>
>>9521178
Schedule is up and a little boring, but if you life near, you can always check it out and leave.
>>
File: notonthemap.png (971KB, 846x577px) Image search: [Google]
notonthemap.png
971KB, 846x577px
So its true. I looked up a map from 2016 and it's not on there. It simply didn't exist before 2017.
>>
File: NiceMapNoob.jpg (225KB, 1080x1155px) Image search: [Google]
NiceMapNoob.jpg
225KB, 1080x1155px
>>9522206
Pffft... Nice map steal schlomo, but I recognize that map from somewhere! You stole it from my up and coming fantasy novel!
>>
>>9522208
Nah yours must be from 2017 because the Netherlands is back on it.
>>
>>9522216
>the Netherlands
Now hold up there sonny Jim, those are the Nether regions of the Holy Ramon Empire!

Go read a book or something nurt, in my setting there's no team Chaos. (Only Chaos Team, and they're great explorers and cartographers.)
>>
>>9522224
Tthe only one disagreeing with you is your own passport. #badumtss
>>
File: Chaos_Warrior_Emblem.png (4MB, 2260x2232px) Image search: [Google]
Chaos_Warrior_Emblem.png
4MB, 2260x2232px
>>9522224
>>
>>9522233
MILK FOR THE KHORNE FLAKES!
>>9522228
Bruuuuuuuuuuh
>>
>>9521557
Nope first time asker, but I'd love to hear more about selling at other events
>>
Anyone who has info on the new deshima party? Finally, more non con events
>>
>>9522460
>non-con events
Be careful with that phrasing, anon.
>>
File: edit.jpg (39KB, 600x284px) Image search: [Google]
edit.jpg
39KB, 600x284px
>>9522605
Yeah, before someone gets triggered!
>>
Post-Animecon-Boredom is ruling here. It's beautiful weather but I'm just inside gaming.
>>
>>9523231
my post animecon blues are hard.
Pained, sick and got the news my contract is not getting extended.
so games are great right now.
>>
>>9523255
Shit man, that fucking sucks.
>>
I haven't gotten the aftercon depression for the past few years now. It feels like most cons don't really seem fun to me anymore, anyone else with the same feeling?
>>
Guess who has two thumbs and just ordered a taiyaki pan? This gull!
>>
any updates in lolita land?
>>
Anyone heard about Niflecon?
>>
>>9523465
oooeeehhhhh....
so jealous.
i make mine in the popcake maker :(
>>
>>9523507
Just heard about it today, I thought it was a joke as I never heard about it before (just like JaapCon), but probably it was Hoshicon/Dashcon 2.0. Not sure about it if it is a joke or not.
>>
>>9523465

A big one or a small one?
I always wanted to buy a small one, but always afraid of burning myself or break it considering they're so cheap and I'm a kluns.
>>
>>9523449
kinda know this feeling this con
>>
>>9523511
>>9523507
Wait... what?

There was a mini con?
>>
>>9523541
Can't find anything on Google?
>>
>>9523541
At least of what I can see, five people are talking about Nifflecon #sniflecon. Nice joke, people.
>>
How was Moshi moshi fair?
>>
>>9523512
>A big one or a small one?
A small one for use on a gas stove that makes batches of two. I figured I might as well start off with a cheap one for the time being and if I end up actually using it on a (semi-)regular base I can always invest some real money and get myself a bigger/better taiyaki pan.

>I always wanted to buy a small one, but always afraid of burning myself or break it considering they're so cheap and I'm a kluns.
Just do it, otherwise you'll never get used to cooking. Whether it's burning yourself on a pan or accidentally cutting your finger while chopping vegetables, there is no escaping hurting yourself in the kitchen. Besides I feel like if you can operate a tosti iron you should definitely be able to operate a taiyaki pan. Just don't use metal and remind yourself that fire is hot.
>>
>>9523545
Not in a languages I can understand.

But I used >>9523553 advise and apparently they removed all their social media.
>>
>>9523573
Then still you should find something about it. So I am not buying this!
>>
>>9523557
It was okay. Weather, location and food were nice, but it had nothing new that you couldn't see at cons. (But I'm starting to get tired of seeing the same shops every time in general).

You also had to pay to get excise to karaoke, games and DDR (5 euro for all 3), which was shit, because the electricity didn't work at a certain moment and I hope that people and the three stands can get their money back.

I'm also curious how experience the rent for the stands was. A lot of stands upped their prices compared to Animecon.
>>
>>9523481
Twin meet tomorrow! I'm hoping it won't be too hot because my/our coords aren't super summery and idk if there will be shade.
>>
>>9522460
you mean this one? facebook /events/632416113632491
>>
My sister who used to watch anime and thinks superhero movies are 'ok' is, after 5 years of me trying to get her going to a con, saying she wants to watch wonder woman and cosplay her with me. I have no idea how/why the sudden change.
>>
Will Dutch women fall for me if I bring them buckets of fresh caught paling?
>>
>>9523854
They will literally fall unconscious on the floor right in front of you due to the stench. I don't think that's what you're aiming for though.
>>
>>9523854
I'd advise you to offer them buckets of licorice instead.
>>
I think I saw some of you gulls at Utrecht Centraal today, you all looked adorable
>>
>>9523660
I had no idea there was a twinmeet lol. I saw someone is wanting to organise a newfag meet but why a high tea? You can't move around and talk to new people at such a place at all so it seems pointless to go if you're not completely new?
>>
>>9523508
Aren't popcake makers for takoyaki (octopus balls), though? Taiyaki is the fish shaped cake. (see picture) But idk, maybe >>9523465 meant takoyaki in the first place, but accidentally wrote taiyaki. Reading >>9523558 I can't 100% make it up either, though "tosti iron" sounds like anon did mean taiyaki.
>>
>>9524262
I make both XP
its just a different batter and filling and they are tasty.
>>
>>9524262
Like I said, I bought a taiyaki pan. I need my stuffed fish shaped pancakes damnit!
>>
>>9523511
nooo noo, terracon was dashcon 2.0
so it's dashcon 3.0!
>>
>>9524601
LOL! So I was right, it was a joke. It was a birthday party and they called it Niflecon. So no Dashcon 3.0! Not yet!
>>
File: mzaln.gif (884KB, 198x257px) Image search: [Google]
mzaln.gif
884KB, 198x257px
How's the Ita comms in Rotterdam?
I'm moving in from London to study there and was wondering if there are any comms who do general group stuff.
>>
Was anyone else heavily disappointed with the game room at Animecon this year? So many half-empty rows of tables with small ass CRT TV's, a lack of diversity in terms of games (why so much smash?!), very little retro and why the fuck was it closed a during the night?! Pretty much all the fun stuf was placed outside the game room or stuffed away in the back. I do hope Animecon finds someone else to team up with for the game room next year because this truly was the worst they had in years.
>>
>>9524248
Thanks anon!

>>9524253
It's going to be either a picnic or a café meet depending on the weather. Afaik they want to keep it cheap and casual so it's more accessible to newbies.

>>9524617
You mean lolita comms? I don't think we have a separate ita comm lol
Either way the Dutch lolita comm is country-wide and organises meets all over the place, but especially in the Randstad. People in NL usually don't stick to one city when it comes to events and meetups. I'm sure there are some lolitas living in the Rotterdam area though, maybe a few of them will show you around if you ask.
>>
>>9524617
I hope you mean lolitas. most Dutch lolitas are quite widespread, so there are no city comms. meets are mainly held in bigger cities, so there might be one in Rotterdam too in the future
>>
>>9524618
I don't mind the small CRTs (didn't have anything better back when I played all my games on one!), those are fine for single player games, but they need a better selection of retro games. Couldn't even find Duck Hunt this year.
>>
>>9524631
Except in this case they were used for multiplayer games including Super Smash '"fox only, no items Final destination" Melee.
>>
>>9524618
Nope, I was not.
But the question is: team up with who? For some reason I have the feeling you want to put some group up here.
>>
>>9524618
animecon does its own game room. most of the stuff used is privately owned by the volunteers.
>>
>>9524671
I might have overlooked that one. ... Possibly because the CRT was so small.

Don't really get why they put games like that on CRT's anyway. Sure, it's more authentic, but it makes more sense to put some games on there that need the CRT. Like Duck Hunt. Or you know what would have been fun? Super Scope games. Now that's something most people can't play at home.
>>
>>9524797
I doubt any convention will cater their setup to your precise need
>>
>>9524671
LCDs cause lag when playing melee, no idea why. And if you're talking "fox only, no items, final destination" players, they care about that shit. Melee tournaments exclusively use CRTs afaik.
>>
>>9524820
I never said they should. I'm just a little disappointed they were light on light gun games this year.
>>
>>9524834
That's true. If you want to minimize input lag, CRTs are a good idea. This goes for all games. It's just how the technology works. However, the lag on LCDs and such isn't as bad as it used to be. Plus, if the CRT is so tiny people have trouble seeing the screen, you have a problem as well. So you either get a good, big CRT or you go for the next best thing and use a flatscreen with less than 40mms input lag, which is actually not at all hard to find.
>>
>>9524730
that is not true, or at least it wasn't last year

also, the game room being closed at night was kinda sucky - i missed randomly going in there at 5am half-awake for some vidya
>>
>>9523660
The fb event is called
'beginnersmeet picnic/café utrecht', it's not an high tea!

I think it is really nice that someone is making an effort for the newbies finally. She is also the one who is writing the FAQ. She is not a newby herself right? (I don't know her, I'm new myself)
>>
>>9525527
Oh, I mean >>9524253
>>
German gull reporting in. Just read the comments from last thread regarding Dokomi in Düsseldorf.

How are German and Dutch cons different?
>>
>>9525582
The Dutch have no industry whatsoever. No manga publishers, no anime streams aside from whatever happens to have English subtitles and available in our region (and the occassional kids show on Netflix). That means next to no interesting guests, many conventions operating on shoestring budgets because there are no big sponsors etc.

Basically, we have to do everything ourselves if we want anything. This resulted in a very active fan community in which nearly all significant organisations, from a pprofessional looking magazine to a manga library, are run entirely by unpaid volunteers. It also means there's not a whole lot to see and buy at Dutch anime conventions, so (good) animecons make sure there is a lot to do. Lots of lectures, panels, quizes, workshops and more organised by more accomplished fans (and not so accomplished randos on some occassions as well, sadly). It's a lot more about the experience of the fandom rather than the consumption of it.

The atmosphere, though, isn't always that different. AnimagiC and Animecon have a pretty similar feel. The former is just much more industry oriented.
>>
>>9525582
we serve alcohol
>>
>>9525594
What? Next you're going to tell me they serve it in glass bottles.
>>
DNStje uploaded a timelapse of the theatre a few days ago. Pretty cool to see how much effort goes in building everything up: https://youtu.be/aJEtucO3sUg
>>
>>9525527
I hope she isn't new herself is if she is writing a FAQ for the comm page lol
>>
CosplayClues are a bloody treasure and I love them. RIP bank account though.
>>
>>9527016
Finally a shop in the country that actually delivers fast and has good customer service
>>
>>9527016
A national treasure, quick shipping is life.

>>9527024
I recall a time where Minque was fast back when they where quite new. They really took a nose dive and I wonder what caused it.
>>
>>9527024
>>9527038
Speaking about minque, they're not accepting orders anymore on their site
>>
>>9527105
So..officially RIP I'm guessing.
>>
File: f91.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
f91.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>9527016
>>9527024
>>9527038
>>9527105
>>9527138

Minque = CosplayClues
>>
>>9527163
It's not though.
>>
Everyone who promoted minque has now run off to cosplayclues.
>>
>>9527206
It explains why team paraluna abandoned ship if minque is quitting.
>>
>>9527163
except it's not because it's run by different people. Yes, the new owners where part of minque on some deeper level but they weren't the core. I assume the moment minque started dying they took matters into their own hands and made their own company.

>>9527206
Which is only logical, they lost a sponsor and went to a new one.
>>
>>9527206
Actually it's only Team Paraluna who went from Minque to Cosplayclues.
>>9527587
The owners of Cosplayclues were part of Minque a few years ago. One of the owners was an employee of Minque, but he had to leave. So a couple years after, they started their own company but not with the knowledge of Minque dying. I am happy for them though since they're doing a far more better job then Minque ever did.
>>
>>9525526
What do you mean, not true?

Most of it ís owned by the volunteers, there's a bunch owned by the convention, a bunch owned by third party and privately brought along.

>>9524618
Duck Hunt was near the Smash TV's.
>>
>>9527705
I checked there, but I guess it wasn't on the times I went into the gameroom. (Which were a hassle anyway, because my bag fit into that little basket a little too perfectly. Made some stewards uneasy and want to refuse me entrance.)
>>
Do you guys ever do those orgies at cons I keep hearing about
>>
The Red zone at Abunai!
>>
File: Screenshot_20170621-181552.png (238KB, 1440x1960px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170621-181552.png
238KB, 1440x1960px
>Minque is kill?
Minque is kill!
>>
>>9527841
arda wigs at 50%? fuck yes im going to this
>>
>>9527907
That is if they have any left in stock. Last time I checked pretty much everything was out of stock at Minque anyway.
>>
>>9527943
possibly due to not rlly checking stock tho, and it's worth it either way bcs theyve just got a lot of usefull wares in general. 50% off is chill for almost anything cosplay material wise
>>
>>9525526
The last time Animecon had a game room not filled by one of their own is at least 10 years ago, if not longer.

Part of their game room is filled by others, like Warner and Bandai Namco, but the majority of the consoles, especially the retro ones or the specials like Taiko and pong are private owned or even built by the crew.
>>
>>9527987
if only their warehouse wasnt in the middle of fucking nowhere
>>
>>9527841
During the weekend I am at camp, a fucking sale!
Fuck me sideways...
>>
So is animecon going to move out of den haag or not?
>>
>>9530403
They're not sure yet, but it's kept growing, while it was already near the capacity of the venue last year (the world forum lists capacity at 5000 people, last year saturday there were 5700 unique visitors). So they're trying to find a bigger venue, but if that doesn't work they'll probably have to limit for the world forum.
>>
>>9530403
I've heard a lot of rumours from different sources but haven't seen any hard evidence yet. With that being said, from what I've heard is that Animecon has been looking for a new location since last year as they had some unspecified struggles with the World Forum. However they are currently under a contract with the World Forum that lasts until 2019 which prevents Animecon from leaving. This year however the World Forum violated said contract, allowing Animecon to leave. The last thing I've heard is that the staff has been or is looking for another location and are still trying to figure things out for next year which could explain why they didn't announce their new date yet despite there being one of the Den Haag website for 2018 and 2019: https://denhaag.com/en/location-events/476/world-forum

Again, keep in mind these are all unconfirmed rumours, so odds are they are complete bullshit. If you want to secure a hotel room for next year already, June 15th - June 18th are the dates given on the World Forum agenda for Animecon 2018 and you can always cancel your reservation free of charge if you do so ahead of time.
>>
File: plsprime.jpg (1MB, 2016x1512px) Image search: [Google]
plsprime.jpg
1MB, 2016x1512px
I generally like this gal her work but damn prime your stuff already
>>
>>9530612
also fill it with to hide sanding lines..
>>
>>9530612
I saw the construction and thought it was pretty clean, then i saw the finished gun in the sale groups and thought wow this is an awful finish.
>>
>>9530418
More likely somewhere between 7000-7500 if you include guests, cosplay judges, foreign cosplayers competing in the C4 and Bordercos, dealers, gophers, Stewards and everyone else.
>>
>>9530612
holy fuck this looks unfinished
>>
I'm starting to hate joker cosplayers but as a future harley quinn I have to play nice :/
>>
>>9530425
As a person deeper in the know: before you book anyting wait for official Animecon announcements. You do not want to be surprised
>>
>>9531016
>You do not want to be surprised
So, Ahoy Rotterdam it is?
>>
>>9531023
I would not count on that, the contract is for another 2 years and most like it has fine in it for breaching the contract and the following no shows in 2018 and 2019, that is pretty much standard for such contract and that kind of money involved.

And this might well be a amount of money that even Animecon does not have, even with more visitors they would have if they would go to Ahoy.
>>
>>9530418
Max cap for World Forum is 11k people. However, it's debatable where you'd want that many people in that building.
>>
>>9531023
I was talking about dates. Would suck if you have a hotel at the wrong date
>>
>>9531400
It's a good thing most hotels allow you to cancel your reservation without charging you a dime.
>>
>>9531417
If you do not go for the cheaper fixed price rate, yes
>>
>>9527835
Yeah, everyone but you
>>
>>9530906
Everyone hates Joker cosplayers, but HQ cosplayers aren't much better.
>>
So who's excited for Castlefest already? Anything special you're looking forward to?
>>
Tonight in Dutch Cosplayland.

Nishicon's site is hacked and Chris K. is bothering the Brits now.
>>
Woa that Chris K....

I realise he is a special kind of dense, but through simple trial and error he just have learned by now that this is not working for him. I mean even animals seem more capable in learning and improving.

His retardation in combination with his socially unacceptable preferences will get him in jail.
>>
>>9533635
what did i miss?
>>
>>9533052
>>9533635
deets?
>>
>>9527835
I'm curious as well, because I keep hearing stories.
Last one was from Abunai. Someone told me some people were doing shisha and having an orgy at the same time in their hotel room. Koningshof apparently kicked them out.
I have no idea whether this is true or not.
>>
>>9532817
B-but woodstock
>>
>>9527835
Can and can not confirm an orgy in the laundry closet at animecon 2 years ago.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1498507627642.jpg (6KB, 360x640px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1498507627642.jpg
6KB, 360x640px
>>9533649
>>9533652
'Goede Cosplay Slechte Cosplay' has some more, but it's basically Chris beeing Chris again.
>>
>>9534128
Why is that guy suck fecking trash. Please keep reporting him if you see anything like this.

I can't even get my head around this, she's 8 years old wtf.
>>
>>9530906
Which hq? If youre doing the slutty one please just hang yourself.
>>
>>9535121
New 52 harley, the one wearing roller blades. I like suicide squad harley but there are about 50 of them already.
>>
>>9525582
>>9525592
The result is that it's not that active actually. Most fans abstain so a lot of people you never hear about or see doing other things online or attend foreign cons. Netherlands isn't a very fashionable country either. Germany has Berlin, Belgium has Antwerp, France has Paris, England has London, Netherlands has nothing. It's probably true for games and animation industry too. A lot of retailers at some cons also travel from those neighboring countries.

A lot of the Dutch cons cater to the non fan visitors. Sometimes they try to serve as an introductory crash course on how to be a nerd in the Netherlands.
>>
>>9535079
Well, some things never change so it seems.
I hope he gets run over by a bus.
>>
>>9535780
What do you mean? In figurines & merch or general comics & manga? I know quite a few 'nerd' shops in NL. But probably not in the quantity you see abroad.
>>
>>9536101
The industry in countries like France and Germany goes way beyond 'nerd shops'. You walk into a bookstore and see shelves upon shelves of manga. Some even have anime series on dvd. And the publishers actually go to conventions to promote their wares, and the biggest ones often bring guest or two. Like the artist of Seraph of the End or author of Rurouni Kenshin.

All we've got in the Netherlands is Archonia plus a bunch of small stores that sell imported manga, anime and merchandise. Stuff the hardcore fans import themselves because it's cheaper.
>>
File: kroontje.jpg (129KB, 1328x747px) Image search: [Google]
kroontje.jpg
129KB, 1328x747px
Are we still posting WIPs and stuff? I made a small crown for Midsummer Day's Dream, nothing fancy but I thought I'd share.
>>
>>9535780
Pretty sure more foreigners have heard of Amsterdam than of Antwerp.
>>
File: compare.jpg (304KB, 1480x791px) Image search: [Google]
compare.jpg
304KB, 1480x791px
Oh, WIPs, good idea
>>9536286
Looks superneat!
atm working on my new cosplay, tier 19 blood elf demon hunter. Figured I might as well put my name on this, considering the pic. This is the shoulderpad, my prop vs reference
>>
>>9536292
Thank you. Your work is looking good, Smoke! Excited to see the final results already.
>>
File: IMG_1407.jpg (779KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1407.jpg
779KB, 1200x900px
>>9536286
>>9536292
Joining the WIP hype...kind of. Waiting for the kartomizer to come in tomorrow.
>>
>>9536355
>>9536292
You kids and your smoke machines. Back in my day we had to take a drag of a cigarette and blow it in front of the camera lens!
>>
>>9535780
It has little to do with fashion. The main issue is.... Language.
17 million Dutch, 82 million Germans, 77 million French. Add to the latter a large group of ex colonies.
It all boils down to market size. And Belgium lifts on the French language.
Next to that, there is traditionally a large comic culture in France and Belgium.
The cultural aspect you can reverse for the music industry, where the Netherlands has a much more active one. You can therefore find even in absolute number more music festivals in the Netherlands than anywhere else in Europe.
>>
>>9536461
Even in the World. Dance music (all styles) and festivals are basically our #1 export.
>>
>>9536461
>>9536517
It's true hardcore is the only relevant and respected Dutch industry today.
>>
>>9536101
>>9536259
Like Aniway has always been really try hard but it totally fails. When shops sell "manga" they are selling American and UK dubbed anime from 15 years ago. There are some actual manga stores but they sell only the most generic series, usually behind schedule and the American translation. So the Dutch "industry" is a third-hand industry that imports from other countries that import from Japan.
>>9536291
Nah Antwerp is hugely respected and has a long and rich fashion history, and is an important city for fashion design in the world. Much of Dutch fashion is actually just fast fashion from Scandinavian brands that are all just different labels of the same Scandinavian parent companies that mass produce clothes. Essentially the Netherlands has very little originality and has to depend on other countries for a lot of things.
>>
>>9536637
Calm your tits Bartje, your French province will never be relevant.
>>
>>9536637
Literally every American, Brit or other foreigner I know, knows more about Amsterdam than Antwerp. Doesn't take the history away, but it's not like we don't have any.

Get off your high horse.
>>
>>9536668
>>9536679
Sorry but Antwerp has always been one of the major fashion cities in the world. Along with London, Paris, Berlin, Madrid, Milan, Barcelona, New York, Tokyo.

Amsterdam is known for drugs and shit but not fashion. Simple fact if you're a Dutch fashion student go somewhere like Antwerp or London.
>>
>>9536687
Who is talking here about fashion? You ARE aware that 'fashionable' does not mean 'fashion-related'. I thought we were talking about the geek/nerd industry.

Also; there are LOADS of famous fashion designers that are situated in Amsterdam. It's part of the list, deal with it.
>>
>>9536019
If it's a new account, just spam the word appeltaart.
>>
>>9536708
It's just the facts. I don't know why this upsets you so much. Is it because of nationalism?
>>
>>9536726
You're the one boasting about Antwerp. That said; once again; this was about the geek/nerd industry. and in that regard; yeah we suck. It was not about fashion. We've got /fa/ for that.
>>
>>9536637
AniWay is made by unpaid volunteers, though, just like almost everything anime related in the Netherlands. I don't think you can fault them for not being a monthly magazine or something when it's just something people do for fun in their spare time.

As for the manga stores, Whoops, Archonia and so on do get new stock around releasedate (or maybe two weeks later if they didn't order in advance), but it's never going to be as fast as a megastore like Amazon that gets and starts selling stuff days if not weeks in advance. Also, I haven't actually seen any store call anime manga since, I dunno, the early 00's? If those are still out there, I'd love to visit them. They might have some rare shit that's worth a small fortune on Ebay now.

That said, you do have a point when it comes to the diversity of what they bring to conventions, but again, to be fair, there's a reason for that: popular stuff sells, niche stuff doesn't. Many stores mostly go to anime conventions for exposure because there's not much money to be made there, and to make sure the weekend isn't a total wash financial-wise, they focus on stuff that actually sells. That's what Whoops, Eppo and Archonia do. Oh, but at Abunai, if Eppo does not have something you want and they happen to have it in stock at their store (which they often do), they'll usually get it for you if you're willing to wait til the next day. (Asking nicely and not being an asshat helps.) Fantast and such just bring whatever leftover stock they have and try to sell that for a couple of euros per volume in the hopes they'll finally be rid of it without losing too much money.
>>
>>9536286
qt
Is it stiffened or reinforced in any way? I've been wanting to do something similar but I worry that the lace will just flop over.
>>
>>9536857
Thanks!
I stiffened it with wallpaper glue (the stuff you use for paper maché as well) at first. The lace was stiff after, but didn't hold shape well. I ended up reinforcing the bottom with some wire and now it is surprisingly sturdy.>>9536857
>>
>>9536292
looking good anon!
>>
>>9530425
As not so retired staff member, let me put some rumors to rest.
Apparently some organizations and people know better than we do when and where AnimeCon in 2018 and even 2019 is organized. While I am happy that people have such foresight, the rumors are far from what we know. We ourselves are not in the state where we can confirm or deny anything, as we are not certain ourselves.
Remind that we are not the only organization that uses the world forum, so blocked rooms say absolutely nothing.
As you know, we are always quite open on these things, as you as visitor and/or cosplayer have to prepare as well.
So in short, we hope to tell you all we can as soon as we know ourselves, since we have a year to prepare, and that is far less time than one would think.
>>
Who's going to the Gyaru festival on 22 July? I wonder what it would be like.
>>
>>9538869
I have the feeling that it will be more of a social event than something else. The tickets are quite pricey.
>>
Upgraded Cordana, Smoke-Anon style.
https://youtu.be/PHiIjot0XIA
>>
>>9538967
I deleted this video, sorry. This is the new one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm_qVmYvBus&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>9539336
>>9538967
Smoke makes everything more epic!
>>
>>9519889
>kritische zeemeeuwen
Fucking lol
>>
>>9536735
You could say the problem with you guys is that you don't understand how it's all interconnected. You can't grow a brain without the rest of the body.
>>
>>9536768
Most things are made by unpaid volunteers even in Japan. That doesn't stop the Japanese from taking it more seriously. Even some professional anime studios in Japan started out as amateur fans making their own animation.
If you don't want to see any fault then there is no reason to improve so don't expect improvement. It's really that simple.
I also don't see a reason why if you live in the Netherlands you should ever need to buy from a Dutch company, store, or worse yet buy at conventions. You make me think you might be technologically illiterate that you can't order from websites and use paypal.
>>
>>9539513
Considering there are quite some people in CosplayNL that don't know there are other stores than Minque, I honestly do not put faith in the capacity of some people.
>>
>>9539513
Not exactly unpaid volunteers, more like dojin groups (who can actually rake in a lot of money at Comiket if they're very popular). Plus those people actually have a shot at going pro. The Dutch don't, because there's not actual industry nor a fanbase large enough to support the common pro. Like, if AniWay actually started paying their volunteers, they'd be bankrupt within an issue or two. And you can't just say: treat this 10-15 hour a week hobby like a fulltime job or else you don't deserve anything. As if most people don't have school or actual jobs they have to worry about first and foremost...

As for buying from Dutch stores: they're often much faster that stores across the border. So if the price is good and I'd like to have something fast, I'm more likely to order something from within this country and watch how it arrives within 2-3 working days.
>>
>>9536292
Badass AF
>>
File: Dafaq.png (984KB, 688x912px) Image search: [Google]
Dafaq.png
984KB, 688x912px
*Screams externally*
>>
>>9539513
Because the Netherlands is one of few countries where 23 hour delivery service is common rather than exceptional.

As for why to buy at a convention: because not all people poor and like to buy something they see. Otherpeople buy because of the service when buying. Somepeople buy because aftercare service is generally 10 times better at a store. And another group like to get stuff at the official release date rather than waiting 2 days. another prime reason is that you have a way better overview of what is available.

Its not being technologially illiterate, its just different incentives when buying. There are usually 2 reasons to buy from abroad:
1) it is significantly enough cheaper
2) it is not available in the Netherlands.

To give an example: If I go to Yendor, I have my manga's immediately. If I order via Yendor, I get them on near release date. If I order from book depository, I have to consider a week of waiting. Since I can afford it, I choose the frst options.

It has nothing to do with someone being technologically illiterate, just different priorities.
>>
The minque sale was great(arda wig for 12.50-17.50 anyone?). They sold out of thermoplastic real quick as expected but if anyone was concidering going tomorrow; still worth it for all the other stuff at dirt cheap prices.

The owner was a real sweetheart and clearly a little emotional, I hope she'll be well.
>>
File: IMG_20170701_142953-01.jpg (4MB, 4008x5344px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170701_142953-01.jpg
4MB, 4008x5344px
It's takoya... teriya... taiyaki time!
>>
>>9538869
Gull represent.
>>
File: sintra test.webm (1MB, 1920x1088px) Image search: [Google]
sintra test.webm
1MB, 1920x1088px
Bought a board of sintra/forex whatever you want to call it. I plan to use it for a sword rather than wood since it snaps easily and wood is increasingly no longer allowed at cons.
Video of me trying to break 1cm sintra. It's surprisingly strong and nice, and makes a very smooth finish. You can saw it more easily than wood, and cutting/carving it with a box cutter is possible, but I don't recommend it to actually cut out shapes.
>>
>>9540361
If only it wasnt on the other side of the country, I wanted to buy some wigs :/
>>
I want to make a prosthetic for a character with a pretty prominent nose, does anyone have recommendations where to get the materials for relatively cheap?
>>
>>9540482
If you have a weekendOV it's still worth it but other than that, sucks bro. Can't have em all.
>>
>>9540533
WeekendOV lol lets keep assuming all gulls are still students.
>>
>>9540578
Never said i meant the student version, weekend OV's are also a really good normal OV subscription and the type I happen own myself.
>>
File: fullsizeoutput_98d.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
fullsizeoutput_98d.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Prop-Anon here; went to Worthing Comic Con. It was, probably, less than 1000 visitors, pretty tiny but kinda cosy. The cosplay competition was basically stand on stage, say who you are and what you're from, and wait for the result.There were only 2 categories. Kids up to 12, and 13+. they should've had an 18+ category as well imo.

I won though. I guess I'll be selling most of it.
>>
>>9540591
Other anon here, but you are aware that pretty much every uses week OV and weekend OV to describe the "week/weekend studentenreisproduct", right? But yes, NS Weekend Vrij is pretty awesome. I too have it and all it takes to break even is one trip to my grandma. Although the VIRM-IV I get to travel with is a bit bigger than the one in >>9540597.
>>
Every time I see a lolita dream dress thread or sales I'm in doubt whether I want to get into the fashion as well. But cosplay is expensive enough on it's own :/
>>
Advice on placing a black light in a mask ? I don't know about wiring or where to buy a blacklight small enough to fit above the eyes of a mask.
>>
>>9540825
There are UV LED's available, have a look at that maybe.>>9540825
>>
>>9540745
You can go on lacemarket and set the search settings to under 50 euro within Europe and see if there's anything affordable you like
>>
>>9540354
What is it even supposed to be?
>>
File: image-1-02.jpg (201KB, 640x841px) Image search: [Google]
image-1-02.jpg
201KB, 640x841px
>>9542278
A representation of my worst nightmare, that's what!
>>
Anyone got a cheap place to buy (damaged) Nerf guns? I'm in the mood to mod one to some sci-fi western gun prop to kill time.
>>
>>9544466
Marktplaats, seriously. AIso think Intertoys had a two for the price of one deal, but that might be over already, but Intertoys/Bart Smit have those type of deals several times a year iirc.
Good luck!
>>
>>9544466
bol.com is having a sale right now. Some nerf guns are like 50% off.
>>
>>9540358
Does yendor actually still sell? Their collection has been shrinking by the day and I haven't bought anything there for like 5 years.
>>
>>9544584
Oh , yes they do. Just about the same amount as always. And ordering there is super easy.
>>
so i finally found this 4chan part. What do all of you think of our dutch maid cafes btw ? worth to try it or ?
>>
>>9545077
If you mean maid cafés at conventions: if it floats your boat, they're pretty good for a facsimile. Tried Sparkling Potpourri at Abunai once, but it doesn't really float my boat.
>>
>>9545077
i think it's horrible to organize such a themed cafe at a temporary location that is absolutely not suitable for it. Huge part of a nice cafe/restaurant is the location and the building/interior design.
Not to mention that one time they tried setting up a maid cafe with screens in the middle of tomofair/gym hall.

But i'm not familiar with maid cafes, I guess most visiting guys won't look past the girls anyway.
>>
>>9545077
They're fun to visit once or twice with a group, but frankly I stopped caring about them a long time ago.
>>
>>9545077
Food-wise I love Neko Neko Ni. Their curry at Animecon was really nice. Ate it every day!

Service-wise it's mostly girls in cute outfits taking your order, doing a food-chant, playing games with costumers sometimes and you can occasionally buy a polaroid with the maids.

Personally, I go for the food as it isn't worth it otherwise.
>>
>>9546780
The food at Neko Neko Ni was actually surprisingly good and very nicely priced for Animecon standards, just wish they had some savoury things for when you sat down instead of only for takeaway.
>>
Is this the Dutch Cosplay NL thread?
>>
..I don't wanna start shit but has anyone else seen the japan expo video of levy cosplay (and team chaos)?
>>
how was behind the mask?
>>
>>9530796
thats because it is lol. This is the small one. I rushed it after I made a bigger one for myself. Tried to get rid of it for a high price. People arent as stupid as I thought they where in cosplayverhuur. Gonna sell it for a low price on etsy/el mundo probably
>>
>>9550440
they didn't even include Levy's name, shallow as expected from them desu. Not much else to say about it tho
>>
>>9550359
Yes, my name is mike, im the host. Nice to meet you
>>
So Pipoos started selling "cosplay materials": €50 for their home brand of thermoplastic (±1x1m), overly expensive 3mm think foam, €20 for 500ml liquid latex in the same bottles as the eBay listing Prop-Anon shared with us. Pretty ironic how Minque closed down only for Pipoos to start selling these things at Minque prices.
>>
>>9550481
Too much advocado.
>>
>>9550700
Those who want to pay absurd prices or don't know where to look, will pay for it regardless.

Anyone who knows how to google or do a little bit of research will soon find that things can be much much cheaper.
>>
>>9550481
The venue and food were great imo, wouldn't mind going there a second time!
>>
>>9550481
Venue was nice but imo, the food wasn't great. There was not a lot of variety and there were no sweet foods of any kind. I had fun at the event though, and can't wait until the photos are uploaded!
>>
>>9551502
I really missed water or tea as drinks. I also had a great time though. I spoke to a lot of people I never talked to before and the atmosphere was great. The walk through the park to get there wasn't too bad either.
>>
>>9551526
Them not offering even simple tap water was a disgrace, honestly. Very strange.
>>
>>9550628
fair enough, people can be real stupid on there

>>9550769
Those who want to pay absurd prices or don't know where to look, will pay for it regardless.

exactly, i seen a lot of people making no attempt to look for other stores and cry about minque closing, then not knowing where to buy their shit
>>
Just a quick heads up gulls, I'll be closing the survey tonight. So far I've received 54 unique replies and only one of them was shameful trolling. If you haven't filled it in or just want to rate the Dutch cons, you'll have until tonight. You can find the link at >>9519928
>>
>>9551534
There was water later, I did drink some. It was on the buffet table near the end of the event.
>>
>>9551557
just saw this and filled in :)
>>
File: IMG_r.jpg (410KB, 1000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_r.jpg
410KB, 1000x1333px
My christmas trees are coming along nicely.
>>
File: Photo on 08-07-2017 at 15.43.jpg (161KB, 298x720px) Image search: [Google]
Photo on 08-07-2017 at 15.43.jpg
161KB, 298x720px
>>9552829
Nice. I do love me some WIP shots.
I've been working too...

>Bad at sewing
>Practicing on relatively easy costume
>Not final gun
>Not final look & fit
>Pinned together
I'm quite content with how it is at the moment.
>>
>>9552907
Move over Blazikont, we've got a new best ass right here!
>>
So does this mean that the Netherlands was NOT put on the map?

ECG Season 7 Finals results:
3rd solo : Spain - The little Mermaid
2nd solo : Belgium - Mortal Kombat X
1st solo : Finland - Brave
Best Wig Award by Arda Wigs : Italy solo - Sakizou
Best Make Up Award by MAKE UP FOR EVER Academy : Sally from Spain group
3rd group : France - The phantom of the Opera
2nd group : Spain - Nightmare before Christmas
1st group : Switzerland - Krampus
>>
>>9552922
blazikont is senpai
>>
>>9552922
I see no ass in that picture though.
>>
>>9552980
Yeah that position really flattened it, I have no idea where anon sees a 'good ass'...
>>
>>9552980
>>9553087
That's because I've got access to the Patreon exclusive shots from behind.
>>
>>9553087
Agreed, looks like a trap imo.
>>
>>9553116
Do you now? Anything juicy behind that paywall?
>>
>>9553121
>Anything juicy behind that paywall?
Unfortunately yes, a whole bunch of lewds of Prop-Anon and OPa. I regret everything!
>>
File: con ratings preview fixed.png (23KB, 650x440px) Image search: [Google]
con ratings preview fixed.png
23KB, 650x440px
The survey is officially closed and the results are in. A huge thanks to all of you for actually completing this survey and work on the promised infograph will commence shortly. But for now, here are the usual three posts where I talk about all the things you have submitted, requested, or simply wanted to share.

>Responses
First off here are some boring numbers. This survey ended up with a total 55 unique responses, with an additional 4 marked as saved but not submitted. To compare, the previous survey had roughly 40 legit responses (not counting the TomoSpam), and the first survey only had 31 responses. It’s pretty safe to assume we’re growing as a community which is a nice thing. The average time to complete the survey was 5 minutes and 23 seconds and that’s about as interesting to know as watching paint dry.

>Convention ratings (pic related)
There wasn’t anything in here that I would call unexpected and most ratings are somewhat the same as with previous surveys. According to us Gulls Animecon is still the best convention around, while both TomoCon and TomoFair remain the worst events listed in the survey. The biggest change was for Dutch Comic Con which gained a full point bringing them to their first ever positive rating. I guess adding actual content that didn’t include spending money paid them off. Other than that, your voting behaviour changed with more people actually listening to my plea to only vote on the cons you have visited, so thanks for that!
>>
File: IMG_20170611_175625.jpg (68KB, 731x975px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170611_175625.jpg
68KB, 731x975px
And now for some things you want to see more in the thread. Just keep in mind that all change starts with you!

>WIP stuff (7x)
Then post your own projects? Yes, some people in the community believe in the whole “4chan is le autistic evil EKSDEE” thing. But let’s face it, if you’re a nice person then why should you care? Even then you can always post smaller stuff instead of full costumes if you’re afraid of being recognized by others.

>Con pics (5x)
Feel free to dump a few shots or links to albums here after a con. I’ll make sure to gather them all and place them in one easy to read post afterwards.

>Tutorials, help, cosplay advice/suggestions (3x)
Posting tutorials for no reason (other than I made this) seems a bit pointless, but if you want help feel free to ask. We have a team of experienced gulls who are tied to their desks and forced to answer any of your questions 24/7!

>Con stories (2x)
That could work as a conversation starter or thread reviver. Will keep this in mind!

>Drama (2x)
The thing about drama is you simply can not force it. Well, not unless say, you get a famous cosplayer drunk, stick it in her pooper while filming it, and then sharing said video online only for her husbando to lose it.

>Nethergundam
Paging Prop-Anon because I don’t feel like I should speak on her behalf.

>HEMA rookworst
Pic related!

>Fidget Spinner giveaway
Never!
*dabs Fedora while squatting*
>>
File: seagull_ava.jpg (205KB, 444x444px) Image search: [Google]
seagull_ava.jpg
205KB, 444x444px
Still here? Good, time for the things you want to see less and other feedback you gulls left.

>Overdue and/or shitty drama about the same old shit and/or vendetta’s (12x)
Amen! I don’t care about who 3D printed a traced face of George Clooney during a drunken Livestream, but didn’t sand away any of the seams before pinning it on a map attached to a trauma chopper at TomoCon. Real drama is fun, but drama fabricated for the sake of having drama is just as bad as eating shit for the sake eating something.

>SJW’s and shitty SJW discussions (6x)
Amen to that as well. It’s annoying, off-topic and exactly what I use the hide post button for.

>Fuck /sp/ (3x)
Fuck them indeed.

>Off-topic rants
Sorry for ruining your day with these posts Anon.

>I feel like a lot on our Discord doesn’t makes its way to the thread anymore
I feel the same Anon. Now not everything posted on Discord is worth cross-posting to the thread, but there certainly is a lot that gets left behind. Perhaps it’s time for some more cross-posting just for the sake of it?

>Can concerts also be added to the agenda?
If you want to maintain it, sure. However, AVO Blog has a perfectly fine concert agenda as it is so why bother?

>I love you OPa
>HI PROP ANON!
>NOTICE ME C-SENPAI
Looks like we’ve gotten ourselves some fanboys.

>It was fun meeting OPa and co, and I look forward to hang out with you all more!
And I like out meets as well. I can't wait for the Abunai Gull invasion!

And that's all she wrote. Expect the infograph somewhere in the future.
>>
>>9553158
>I feel like a lot on our Discord doesn’t makes its way to the thread anymore

Hakan wore an ebay soldier 76 facemask because his fat head didn't fit the one built for karel.
There's some fresh tcc discord drama for u.
>>
>>9553153
>>Nethergundam
>Paging Prop-Anon because I don’t feel like I should speak on her behalf.

I have to rescale the costume and can only start once I've moved to wherever that may be, but rest assured, it will be a house without literal shit on the walls. (there's some discord drama for you)

>>9553158
>>HI PROP ANON!
HI
>>
>>9553163
>fresh
>tcc
Get the fuck outta here mang, TCC isn't fresh.
Also what does this have to do with the Discord? Seriously man, I used to think the self-posting was a meme.
>>
>>9552922
>new best ass
where is it?
>>
>>9553292
In bed.
>>
File: IMG_0844.jpg (253KB, 961x1440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0844.jpg
253KB, 961x1440px
Okay?
>>
>>9553431
This would've been more appropriate right after the prelims, not a day after the finals and not winning them.
>>
>>9550481
shit
>>
Must say that vendetta-anon has been awfully quiet for a while now.
>>
>>9554271
Sakuraflor is probably too busy atm to make up drama about herself.
>>
>>9554297
I actually meant the one had been flaming that isanami girl for about 8 threads or something? It just suddenly stopped.
>>
>>9553431
That was made right after Animecon, I guess she felt right to repost it to commemorate the day she actually competed or something.
>>
>>9553158
>NOTICE ME C-SENPAI
Hey S-baka, please refrain from bringing this DutchTread ClassicTM back into life any more thankz
>>
Why does team paraluna always post super personal shit about themselves on fb??
>>
File: para.jpg (106KB, 480x939px) Image search: [Google]
para.jpg
106KB, 480x939px
The paraluna weight post made me feel bad about my weight, if sophie felt too heavy in the bottom left pic, I have to lose 15 kgs to be at that point (I'm 15 kgs overweight bmi wise) so fuck me then :/
>>
>>9554454
I thought the text was pretty inspiring. Normally these girls come across as sorta closed off to me but this came at a right time in my life personally to start working out.
>>
>>9554454
Why would that make you feel bad? That post wasn't about you. If you're projecting your own insecurities on her then that's your problem, not hers. You can't expect people to not share their own experiences because there's a chance some fragile person will get their feelings hurt.
>>
>>9554535
Yeah. I always kind of enjoy personal stories at times. It shows they're human like anyone else, have doubts like anyone else and are not just 'cosplayers' who are 'pure business'. I like it. It inspires me. I post personal stuff sometimes on my page if it seems appropriate.
>>
>>9554535
I bought a few things to help me with my diet, yeah it was a good post to read. Also my sister is underweight so in that way I can relate.
>>
>>9554300
I think it stopped because she and akuma broke up a little while ago. It seems like that at least.
>>
>>9554539
Women logic I guess?
I I see somebody that I think looks good, but they say 'I'm too fat' and I'm bigger than them, I am definitely by their standards too fat. I already know I'm fat, but it still sucks if others percieve you as fat. Like my mom would point people out on the street like 'you don't wanna look like that'
>>
>>9554271
Shhhhhhhhhh don't wake up sleeping dogs
>>
>>9554636
Wtf? Why? I didn't notice a thing?

>>9554638

Nah it's still around. Just not whining about isanami anymore but about other cosplayers. I think I know who it is and it's someone with grudges all over the place kek
>>
>>9555541
Drop the name anon :V
>>
>>9555541
Who is it? Maybe a reveal will make the madness stop.
>>
>>9550440
I felt bad for Levy when they turned the flag and her name wasn't on it. She was also standing in front of the flag, so it looked like an awkward situation.
>>
File: IMG_2025.jpg (1MB, 1242x1273px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2025.jpg
1MB, 1242x1273px
Do you think that kjcphotography sponsors the prism cosplayers to go to japan ? Read sugar daddy anyone ?
>>
>>9556358
No, not really.
>>
>>9556358
I'm more concerned about how unflattering the pictures are. Anne is a cutie like always.
>>
Somehow my funnest con friends faded away and the friends I have left started playing card games I'm not interested in at all. Past animecon I walked around alone quite a bit for the first time. I also had no one to go with Deshima with, which was a bit annoying as a girl because I don't like guys hitting on me, just wanted to dance. Where do I find new con friends who are about my age (~23) to hang out/deshima with? Or am I just getting too old for this shit?
>>
>>9556452
Sounds like you should had gone our meet.
>>
>>9556358
Eh no....
>>
>>9556358
why does the guy look like a Mr Yan twin brother? he looks like a creep
>>
>>9556944
Because ? All asian look alike ? Anyone who really knows him should know he is no creep.
>>
>>9554636
You wish your petty little heart dont ya.
They live together so its kind of the opposite.
>>
Braiding new aiguillettes took me 6 hours or something. There's now almost 20m or rope in my military decorations.
>>
>>9556944
lol he looks like a mix between Yanners and John from AM
poor guy
>>
>>9556452
Just go to the meet or on Discord, fair amount of people around that age.
>>
>>9556944
I really shouldn't laugh about it because KJC is a sweet guy. But goddamn it anon, now I can't unsee the similar faceshape.
>>
>>9556358
Japan is not that expensive anymore, tons of people I know go to Japan nowadays. You don't need a sugar daddy to sponsor that shit, save up your salary for a few months, and you're good to enjoy a few weeks. This could have been you too, if you'd actually do effort in wanting to visit Japan, anon.
>>
>>9557336
That Anon is just (poorly) trying to start shit. If anything I wouldn't be surprised if he/she has some beef with one of them.
>>
>>9556358
Ashley is going either way becasue she's there to compete, Roxy isn't going along?
Anyway, if some of you anons have cheap options for going to japan it's welcome, I want to go someday too.
>>
>>9557336
>>9557357
don't forget to ask in CosplayNL what you really have to do in japan during your trip
>>
>>9557361
I already know, lose my virginity
>>
>>9557357
Excuse you but ashley is competing next year. This year its the two members of MMMC
>>
>>9557382
Either way, cool for them.
>>
>>9557357
find a cheap ticket off-season (sept), you can go for like 450 if you look good.

Then just stay in hostels, order early (15€/night mostly).

In terms of food you can eat noodles & shit, but that's bland. Some chains or stands sell good food for ~3-5€

Think you can do it in 1000 euro if you stay around Tokyo. If you travel more, expect ~2000 (rail pass and more hotels)
>>
>>9558608
But I'm ugly :(
>>
>>9558628
what's that got to do with it?
>>
>>9558608
>>9558628
>>9558657
>you can go for like 450 if you look good
>if you look good
>>
>>9558659
I... I didn't see that. I assumed >>9558608 meant to 'look around' but..god I'm so blind.

Well played
>>
>>9558977
Yeah, I thought so too.
>>
>>9558977
Terrible Dutch, obviously I meant if you search for the best deals.
>>
>>9558608
I appreciate it bro, don't worry about the dutch to english translation.
>>
Don't ask me why, but I went ahead and started painting a Nerf gun to get some much-needed painting practice. Not exactly cosplay, but I figured I might as well post it here anyway as Nerf guns are easy to modify into gun props.

As for the how:
>Take everything apart and take notes of where all these springs belong if you want to keep the Nerf gun functional
>Mod the body any way you like. I removed the embossed logo's and chord loops using my rotary tool because I felt like it.
>Sanding sanding sanding
>Prime everything using plastic primer or an universal primer.
>Base coats, just use what you think you need but always use thin layers.
>Paint by hand using the right colours. I used four shades of metallic (graphite, metallic standard, rich silver, graphite+black).
>Add details to all parts you can't access once the gun is assembled, and give it a clear coat once you feel ready.
>Assemble everything, make sure it works and continue painting. Or be like me and fill up all the screw holes for dem aesthetics.
>Wanna make the grooves pop? Apply lots of watered down black paint in all the grooves and wipe it off. Or, dab instead of wipe if you want to make it look dirty as fuck.
>Wanna break up the metals a bit? Randomly make a few watered down splashes of metallic paint and dab them with a wet paper towel. Just wipe off any mistakes you make, as long as it's wet you can do anything you want baby.
>Wanna add some damage? Make random cuts in an old brush and use it to dry brush streaks of metallic paint around edges, or just drop it to get random damaged lines.
>Wanna make some sharp lines by hand? Use masking tape. Pro-tip: apply the tape to your table a few times to make it less sticky and greatly reduce the risk of pulling off the paint underneath it.
>Wanna be my lover? You gotta get with my friends.
But yeah, it's far from what I would consider done.
>>
>>9558608
I'd like to add, this though: DON'T stay in super cheap hotel's that get like a 6/10 rating. They are really bad. Stay in the ones with a 8/10 rating. Paying 2500 yen a night for a nice hostel is so much better than 1500 yen for a crappy one (and it's still cheap either way).
>>
Me: I'm going to paint my knife holster today.
Also me: *plays world of warcraft all day*

Anyone else procrastinating like hell?
>>
Me: I'm going to sand my helmet today!

Also me: *goes to work all day*

>>
>>9560236
Was going to finish cutting all my pattern pieces, ended up playing ESO all day. Oop.

>>9560273
At least you get paid for that, right?
>>
File: IMG_20170713_224946r.jpg (495KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170713_224946r.jpg
495KB, 1200x900px
>>9559378
Smooth lookin!

here's some of my own WIP, arm bracers, currently filling them and priming
>>
>>9560236
Me: I'm going to clean my room and do the dishes!
Also me: *reads fanfics for 4 hours straight*
>>
>>9560509
Only when the sun went down I decided to figure some stuff out and now I hate myself because I wasted a perfectly beautiful day by playing WoW while I could've gotten myself some PVC pipes.
>>
>>9560273
I know that feeling....
>>
>>9559378
As a fellow NERFanon, nice! Looks pretty!

>>9560236
I actually organised my closet today, so all the frills have a place again, one for productivity.
>>
>>9561197
>nerf
>frills

you are some kind of lolita, man
>>
>>9560508
Nice!
I'm always in awe when I see such small lines of foam and details, all smoothed out. Do you use a rotary tool for that? If so, how do you manage it?
Generally the foam is either too small to handle well with a rotary tool or the creases are too small.
>>
>>9561272
Not >>9560508 but I tend to cut my lines at an angle. However looking at the grooves, this seems to done by a dremel.

Time to get some PVC pipes lads.
>>
>>9545077
Sparkling Potpourri is good, the rest are meh.
>>
File: 1477490441819.jpg (2KB, 125x83px) Image search: [Google]
1477490441819.jpg
2KB, 125x83px
This thread is heading to the graveyard. A new Dutch thread has been given birth to and can be found at >>9561604
>>
>>9561486
In my opinion Sparkling Potpourri has cuter maids, Neko neko nii wins food quality wise.
>>
>>9556452
Hi my name is Godblaster and i'd like to be your 'friend' hehe
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.