[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Baby & A/P thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 20

File: B40OJ232_model-01-427x640.jpg (145KB, 427x640px) Image search: [Google]
B40OJ232_model-01-427x640.jpg
145KB, 427x640px
I'm AP fan girl getting disappointed on every release print after print and I'm thinking about buying more Baby as a result. What are your favorite dresses? If you can accompany pictures with the names of the dresses 'cause I don't know many of them and I want to learn more!
>>
File: 2016 Sweet Devil.jpg (114KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
2016 Sweet Devil.jpg
114KB, 480x640px
Also I found bit disappointing that there's less dresses on sale from these brands. Or maybe it's the illusion I'm getting from that I need to search A/P and Baby separately.
>>
>>
>>
File: 2016 Creamy Berry Fairy Dream.jpg (168KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
2016 Creamy Berry Fairy Dream.jpg
168KB, 480x640px
>>
>>9519152
I kind of feel the same way. Especially since AP keeps releasing that "highwaist" bs for years, that won't fit my size.
>>
How new are you?
Just be patient. Prints vary a lot, come and go.
Baby does bad things too sometimes, they have sales too and you can find second hand for cheaper
>>
>>9519167
I mean I got some money for new dresses now but cause AP isn't releasing any nice ones I could buy Baby. Of course I'm buying AP again when they drop something pretty.
>>
>>
>>9519152
Baby is definitely the more traditional and timeless looking sweet of the two. AP might as well be the definition of trends and once they're on one, they'll beat it to death like crucifixes or tent one piece dresses and so on.

Baby/AatP also actually cares about their oldschool audience and gothic lolitas I find that to be really nice about them.
>>
>>9519193
Also the overall quality of Btssb is a lot higher than of AP
>>
>>9519224
>running red dye in dresses
>half-lined bodices
>unlined bodices
>wonky bodices
>snagged fabric
>unmatched prints
>hot-glued flowers and ribbons on clips
>shoes that fall apart after 1 wear
>higher quality than AP

uwotm8
>>
File: P13OJ215_model-04.jpg (131KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
P13OJ215_model-04.jpg
131KB, 480x640px
At least post coords, OP
>>
File: B41OT053_model-01.jpg (126KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
B41OT053_model-01.jpg
126KB, 480x640px
>>9519232
It's just opinion really. Most people don't own enough dresses bought directly from the shop to judge the facts. Idk why you would stick to one brand if you like sweet or prints anyway so I never undersood people who only pay attention to AP.

>>9519260
>>
File: B41OP317_model-09-480x640.jpg (60KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
B41OP317_model-09-480x640.jpg
60KB, 480x640px
>>9519264
>>
File: P13OJ207_model-10-480x640.jpg (88KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
P13OJ207_model-10-480x640.jpg
88KB, 480x640px
>>9519271
>>
File: BRKL0gbFraV.jpg (284KB, 977x977px) Image search: [Google]
BRKL0gbFraV.jpg
284KB, 977x977px
>>9519279
>>
File: BRprItoliCY.jpg (254KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
BRprItoliCY.jpg
254KB, 640x640px
>>9519281
>>
File: BU31kGIllQ6.jpg (229KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
BU31kGIllQ6.jpg
229KB, 1080x1080px
>>9519283
>>
File: BUvu3MUlcFk.jpg (246KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
BUvu3MUlcFk.jpg
246KB, 1080x1080px
>>9519287
>>
File: BTQWf-VFcdv.jpg (247KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
BTQWf-VFcdv.jpg
247KB, 640x640px
>>9519294
>>
File: BSnPPnSFEFr.jpg (519KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
BSnPPnSFEFr.jpg
519KB, 1080x1080px
>>9519296
>>
File: BSIC9BGlzwW.jpg (469KB, 972x972px) Image search: [Google]
BSIC9BGlzwW.jpg
469KB, 972x972px
>>9519311
>>
>>9519232
Interesting opinion, because these are all I know about AP and never heard about btssb. Though for the shoe thing, one should probably never buy any Japanese shoes and expect them to last longer than a season.

Also for the wonky bodice part, you sure know that ap are the ones releasing one potato sack dress after another?

I own dresses of both brands and I think it's about what you choose. Though btssb is making it more easier to find some quality among their newer releases while with ap you need to go through a forest of chiffon nd shiny fabric shit first until you find the nicer quality stuff.
>>
>>9519264
I own over 30 AP dresses and about 5 from Baby/Aatp.

AP may have dubious fabric choices, but the dresses are always fully lined, usually with in-built pettis. The stitching is always straight, and there are pockets. The bows and accessories are always stitched. The only complaint I can make is they choose fabrics that snag easily, like for Milky Cross.

When I bought my first Aatp I was shocked at how bad the quality is. It was much more expensive than the average AP too. I got Sweet Devil in Black and the flowers on the headpiece are literally hot-glued on, and the dress is mostly unlined. The satin on it is also very shiny and costumey. My other Baby dresses (which are usually made out of that thin papery patterned satin they're so fond of) are also unlined, and feel so thin and cheap.

>>9519317
I have shoes from AP that I've worn for over 3 years. Granted I don't wear them often, but the glue hasn't come apart or anything. I will say the shoe clips on some of them have cheap glue. Or just the weather is so hot here it melts them. I wasn't talking about potato sacks, Baby sent out a few batches of MTO tea party dresses that were literally crooked. They eventually agreed to fix them if they were sent back. It's also common knowledge that red-on-cotton prints from Baby ALWAYS run. AP's chiffon prints are solid though. You could probably put them in the washing machine.

That being said, I really hate AP's stuff lately. It's all this ugly ass Meta/Taobao/To-Alice looking shit that's not even as cute as the 2008 era sweet. It's just crap. I can barely give a shit about lolita in general anymore.
>>
>>9519224
I have to agree. AP always looks very cheap to me. The fabric choices and the sewing overall screams made in china. As for baby/ap, it screams small brand trying to appear like its bigger. I feel baby is in need of better management and that it's losing grip.
>>
Maybe I'm alone in this, but I've started feeling like a lot of Baby's prints are just far too busy, to the point where they all start looking the same. I know AP is guilty of this too, but apart from a few exceptions, almost everything Baby have released post-2013 has looked very samey to me before zooming in or seeing it up very close. I feel as though their prints used pop a little more.
>>
>>9519376
Have you bought anything lately from AP? For the most part I find that true, but a couple releases had issues like fraying fabric pieces stuck in the seam and cheaper fabrics. The few cotton releases they had were excellent however.
>>
>>9519412
Besides that some of the same prints are posted in this thread I think they look pretty different
>>
File: stmary1.jpg (105KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
stmary1.jpg
105KB, 480x640px
>>9519152
I feel sort of embarrassed to say this because I haven't heard a peep about it since release, but I really think the st mary line is the cutest print dress either brand has released in the past year and the best version thus far of the, albeit overdone, heavy christian motifs. The op's cut is just plain bad though, I wish brands would let the high waist trend die.
That release aside, I'm glad btssb is swaying more classical sweet these days rather than constantly tagging after the super sweet trend scraps ap left in its wake.
>>
File: kumyakumya.jpg (49KB, 303x403px) Image search: [Google]
kumyakumya.jpg
49KB, 303x403px
This year Baby seems to be making more hits for me than AP. It's making me go back and review their dresses, and it turns out I actually like quite a few of them.

Pic related, made me go back and look at Baby. AP's releases this year have been really meh in my opinion as well.
>>
>>9519376
I really like the quality of Baby's cotton/oldschool stuff - I have about a dozen oldschool pieces from them and a couple of newer pieces from the Baby Classical Series. However, the satin-printed stuff AatP have been doing is not to my taste at all, I have Vampire Nocturne and it's not fully lined and the cut isn't flattering.
>>
>>9519607
(re: the cut not being flattering, it has incredibly tight shirring, so even though the listed measurements were 78-101cm bust, it looked stretched and boobloafy on me at 84cm bust and had horizontal lines across the bodice as a result. You can kind of see the issues even on the model.)
>>
>>9519159
I have this, one of my favorite prints. It's so valentine-y I love it. All of my AP berry prints pale in comparison
>>
>>9519232
Those are all problems I've had with AatP but strangely enough never with BABY. Wouldn't they be made in the same factories and held to the same standards? AatP used to be one of my favourite brands but with their quality issues now, you're pretty much just paying for the name. I'd say you're paying for the print but those are blurry too.
BABY on the other hand seems fine, sturdy and crisp to me even in recent years. Maybe it's the fabric? Most BABY stuff I buy is cotton, and most AatP I buy is chiffon. I only have one (chiffon) AP dress so I can't judge that brand too much but at least the print is crisp and vivid.
>>
>>9519271
I wish AP did more worn photo shoots on real people like Baby does. We only get dresses on mannequins and low res fashion show shots, which often don't represent the actual dress that will be sold.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.