[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AKon Fort Worth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6

File: download.png (8KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
8KB, 228x221px
>Whose here?

>What are you looking forward to?

>Who is dressing up/what are you dressed as?

>Who is planning on getting lit?

>/CGL/ meetup?
>>
>>9512680
>>9483795
Double check the threads before you post a new one
>>
discord.gg/8Csnz3w
texas /cgl/ discord, quite a few people in here going to AKon
>>
>>9512696
that one was about I tetest for AKon and is also dead. this one is for people here and looking to meet people.
>>
How long before someone falls into/off of the water garden sculptures? How long until someone hits the fire alarm? How long until the Sheraton staff figure out what yaoi is and kick us out? I know I'm waiting eagerly.

Also, what do you guys think of the spread out nature of things? I like that there's next to no crowding but I dislike the fact that I can't plop my ass down for an hour and see the majority of the cosplay in one place like at the Anatole.

Side note: I really like the layout of the dealer room/artist alley. Great work on smashing those two together.
>>
>>9513631
I'm surprised no one has fell into the water garden pool already. Peoole keep walking into it- not the stairs but the actual water parts.
>>
>>9513631 if there were more cops outside I'm sure they'd be all over those people. I expect a photoshoot to go horribly wrong and have someone fall off the mountain tonight or tomorrow.
>>
Maybe tryna burn one down later. Who up?
>>
How is it
>>
REAL NIGGA HOURS

WHO UP
>>
Y'all better come visit me in the console room
I'm working 12 to 8 am
>>
Excuse me did I see Vic Mignona's pants correctly
>>
>all these panels but not one about obesity
>>
Where the room party at, no crossboarders or thristy neckbeards pls
>>
Who at the Hilton
>>
Anyone selling a pass?
>>
Join the discord nibbas
>>
>>9514103
Link
>>
>>9514106
3rd post ITT
>>
>>9513631
Dude dealer room is the best and only good thing so far. Everything I've gone to has been so boring and dull and if I see that fugly bitch with the Dio hat and saggy tits one more time I swear to god I'm gonna stab her.
>>
>>9514266
I was about to go today but then I saw the guidebook and the only two things that would even be "worth" going for are the same-old shitty Aniplex and Funimation panels where they give out the cheapest merch no one at the office wanted if you can tweet something extremely millenial.
>>
this is my first time at this con, and it is embarrassing how little there is to do. cons like sakuracon and fanime have tons of great panels, video gaming, karaoke, and multiple video rooms going basically 24/7, and here there feels like nothing to do once dealers is closed. all the guests are western dubshit, panels get canceled with no warning, and I am just like... how can a con this huge feel so bare bones.
>>
>>9514374
Apparently AA tables doubled in price in order for them to just pay for floorspace (in addition to probably a whole plethora of other problems) - it really makes you wonder what the inbreds who run the convention actually do because holy shit how did you manage to make the same convention for the past 8 years and not even manage to make it any more professional or remarkable when it comes to a fucking convention center.
>>
>>9514374

What panels got cancelled? Is it the guests panels or general panelists. Not much you can do if a panelist no-shows
>>
Has /cgl/ been losing activity or ... cause the last 6 years every A-kon thread will 404 by the end of the respective day.
>>
>>9514505
A lot of people have been migrating to discord. Try the Texas server.
>>
>>9514510
Oh cool. Didn't even know that existed. Thanks.
>>
>>9514505
Also there are currently 2 A-kon threads and a Texas thread.

Is anyone going to the fashion show today? I'm gonna have to miss it but I would love a recap or photos.
>>
>>9514553
The other two threads mentioned are inactive / made prior to the convention. (Normally they'd 404 or something, but .. inactivity).
>>
gonna ask here since i can't find the info on the guidebook app. what are the hours for the dealer room on Sunday? and aside from that is everything over at 5 PM?
>>
what would be the best strategy for getting matt mercer's autograph tomorrow? I mean. There is actually a signing in that line for someone else right before him so idk how people are gonna line up but i'll just head over when i get bored of swap meet probably.
>>
File: suedunnemm_metaaaaaaaaaal.gif (471KB, 450x479px) Image search: [Google]
suedunnemm_metaaaaaaaaaal.gif
471KB, 450x479px
Was there until an hour ago. That was me in the sombrero and the big bass drum.
>>
File: METAAAAAAAAAAL.gif (265KB, 450x479px) Image search: [Google]
METAAAAAAAAAAL.gif
265KB, 450x479px
oops meant to post this'n (from All-Con '13 or so)

If you're in Fort Worth now, it's a scene of massive debauchery we don't see much in this Plains town attached to Dallas' perimeter.
>>
File: Self_as_A-Ko_a_2012.jpg (592KB, 800x1067px) Image search: [Google]
Self_as_A-Ko_a_2012.jpg
592KB, 800x1067px
Giant hucksters' room+beer on sale right there. Beer, wine, you name it. Photo from some years back.
>>
>>9515174
>>9515176
>>9515179
the fuck am i looking at
>>
I was the guy with the tag "I Like Hands" with my gf "Your Uncle". Was my first con after being a long-time lurker.
>>
Whoever bought that goddamn purple Atelier Pierrot skirt, I'll pay you $250 for it.
>>
I hear the tea party was so-so, or else people didn't care to go even after buying tickets. Anyone have photos?
>>
>>9516893
I dont have tickets but the tea party was fine! Ran smoothly, had a lot of prizes for the raffle, had an icebreaker type of game, a photo backdrop with props, and every table got to take photos with the designers.

The only thing I wish wouldve happened would be that the designers actually went from table to table themselves, but with so many people that would have taken forever.

Food was good, I was never low on tea, they came by and refilled the salad even. For the most part I only saw a few itas, but man were those few itas pretty god damn awful.
>>
>>9516948
>tickets

meant pictures, not sure why I put tickets.
>>
Did anyone manage to get any photos from the J-fashion show?
>>
>>9515904
Was it ever for sale? I believe that Minpha's skirt to keep....seeing as he was smoking in it.
>>
File: IMG_8731.jpg (240KB, 750x1094px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8731.jpg
240KB, 750x1094px
>>9517144
All the show pieces were put up for sale after the show, was on display at the booth as well
>>
>>9516948
Yeah except for it being ita city it was fine
>>
Does anyone know why a girl with cat ears and a cosplay dress was allowed in the tea party? Wasn't there a strictly enforced dress code?
>>
>>9517286
Um did you see the other shit that got in???
>>
>>9517286
I didn't notice anyone in a cosplay dress.
>>
>>9517315
Maybe because I didn't see much of the other half of the room but most, save maybe 2-3 girls looked pretty well dressed.
>>
>>9517185
No idea what tea party you were at, but it wasn't A-Kon's.
>>
>>9517286
>girl
>>
>>9517611
It was a girl. She was nice but seemed real confused.
>>
>>9517318
Oh no she was there, there is actually a picture on the lolita Amino right now that has her in it when she was in line to get her picture taken with the good camera.

She had a cosplay wig, cat ears, pink milanoo monster dress and like hooker heels. I was impressed to say the least
>>
>>9517315
>>9517319
Honestly the majority of girls were well dressed whether they wore something more simple or went OTT with it. A few fatties were wearing coords that werent really "bad" but obviously 2 sizes too small and a few other girls literally hurt to look at at.

There was a girl there wearing Haenulis skelly dress with no blouse, AND NO BRA ON, with her poor pancake boobs screaming for the sweet release of death. She also had like Misa tier hair going on. I hated her far more than the cosplay lolita that got in.
>>
>>9517634
was there any possible way to regulate what people were wearing? the page for the tea party on the con website said something like "absolutely no cosplay" but i mean, if people paid for the tickets... would there really be a way to deny them entry? just wondering in the case of the cosplay lolita
>>
>>9517640
I really wouldnt know how they do it, but If I were running it I would put within the rules that if you arrived wearing cosplay you would be denied entry and could lose out on the money you spent.

Rules are rules and I think they should be enforced. Ticket events have every right to refuse you if you arent following them.
>>
File: ita.png (668KB, 720x1000px) Image search: [Google]
ita.png
668KB, 720x1000px
>>9517631
>>9517634
Wow you're right and both those girls seem to be in this photo? I didn't even notice them at all but how the fuck did the cosplay chii one get in.
>>
>>9517648
HAHA HOLY SHIT Yeah they are both in that photo wow. Talk about a coincidence.

I couldnt help but notice them because I was in line right by the escalators seeing everyone come up.
>>
>>9517144
Yeah and it sold fast.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.