[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>>9479784 is on its way to being archived. Let the Texas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 340
Thread images: 27

File: 5606TSNV_TornTexasFlag_med.gif (147KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
5606TSNV_TornTexasFlag_med.gif
147KB, 500x500px
>>9479784 is on its way to being archived. Let the Texas salt mining continue.
>>
>>9511742
Who needs rides from Plano to Fort Worth
>>
Offer still stands. If you got nothing to do, then let's hang out.

To the 8 people from El Paso, let me know when you guys wanna meet up. The 4 of us would love to meet you guys.
>>
Sheraton emailed that it's an enforced 4 person per room rule. Anyone there that can confirm they're enforcing or how?
>>
>>9511793
I'm volunteering and they told us it would be 4 people each room
I hope they got good Internet, want to download the new update for Tekken when I'm there
>>
>>9511787
You got it man I'll get a hold of you when we get there
>>
>>9511831
Cool. I'll be on this tread. Unless you want my Facebook if it's easier.
>>
>>9511793
Isn't that every con ever tho?
>>
>>9511880
San Japan and Ikkicon main hotels had that policy in place. It was easy to get around it at Ikkicon.
>>
>>9511752
I need a ride back on Sunday actually. I will obviously pitch in for gas money and we can grab something to eat before we leave too (also on me).
>>
>>9511916
if on sunday only
$15
don't have time to stay and do stuff since I have work later that day
>>
I'll be offering rides while I drive from Plano to Fort Worth
if you're in, or inbetween that area I can maybe pick y'all up. I should be leaving at 9am and hitting the highway around 9:30, so that's the cutoff time.
might be able to get 3-4 people in depending on what luggage they have
$15 each person, don't give change, and no exceptions
just taking y'all to the con/hotel and that's it.
if you want a ride. send me an email at [email protected] with where to pick you up and picture of luggage.
>>
>>9511793
Post the e-mail? I'm supposed to stay with a group of 6 at the Sheraton; the absolute LAST thing I want is to drive all the way up from Austin and get told "lol no"
>>
File: Policy.png (192KB, 1362x821px) Image search: [Google]
Policy.png
192KB, 1362x821px
For those staying at the Omni, I was able to find this PDF. It talks a lot about a pool, so it sounds like this PDF was for a like a resort hotel, or something, but it mentions that there are wristbands that are handed out a check in, up to a max of 4.

"• Wristbands are only given to registered resort guests, residents and spa members.
• A daily allocation of wristbands is based on the number of registered guests in each travel party (all names must
be included on the reservation), and cannot exceed the maximum occupancy (2-4 guests) based on guest’s specific
room type.
• Daily wristbands will be provided upon check-in to ensure that all guests are registered."

Point being, the Omni has/is using wristbands at least at some of its hotels/resorts, so bear this in mind this weekend and plan accordingly if you have folks that want to be out past 10:30 pm, when their Good Night Policy goes into effect.
>>
File: IMG_0353.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0353.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Who last minute prepping hur? Also is this funny or just lame?
>>
>>9512151
lame imo
>>
>>9512121
JFC anon, this has nothing to do with Akon. This is clearly a policy about using a pool.
>>
>>9512151

Are you the creepy sounding Kekistan profile pic guy on the Facebook group?
>>
>>9512202
He's talking about the policy that dictates if you ain't a paying customer to the hotel, your ass ain't getting up the guest elevators after that time at night. It's advice for anons who are cramming more than 4 people in a room. Someone mentioned it in the last Tex thread too, and people have asked in the Facebook group.

His point is about the hotel keeping track of who's a guest and who's not. Relax.
>>
>>9512240
Huh. I know a chick who is looking at staying with 8 or 9 people. If that's true, it'd make it hard to get back if people go to the raves or something. I'll pass it on to her and hopefully she can come up with a fallback if they can't reasonably slip by.
>>
Well lads
It's that time of the year where Akon starts again
Last time if anyone needs a ride, bought to head out
>>
>>9512240
Then why post a screen of the pool policy? It's unrelated.

I don't understand why people always flip their shit when hotels enforce their room policies at cons. Of course they don't let you have more than 4 people in a room, don't be surprised when they enforce that.
>>
>>9512276
>how do I into reading comprehension

Did you just skim over the highlighted section that says "Daily wristbands will be provided upon check-in to ensure that all guests are registered," or what?

The point in >>9512121 is they have a system to see who belongs after dark or to use certain facilities. Too many people made conjecture in the last thread about what the Omni is actually doing, so this is just evidence supporting the wristband theory, as it comes from their site.

It's literally just a PSA for people to be wary IF they break rules. Why are you so frustrated about someone trying to help?
>>
>>9512285
No, did you fail to understand they are taking specifically about wristbands needed to access the pool? Literally everything on the page is about the pool. The URL says pool. Do YOU reading comprehension?
>>
The Omni just turned our extra people away. We had a group of six.
>>
>>9512292
I do enough to also realize from working similar venues that wristbands like that aren't single purpose. It's not that crazy of a jump to presume that the very same wristbands are the ones staff will look for when they admit only registered guests up the elevators.

I'm not trying to be an asshole, but honestly, knowing the policy, how do you propose that they'll ID guests to enforce it come time? That's literally all this discussion has been is using the fact that they use wristbands for anything at all.
>>
To the El Paso group from last night, did you guys make it in OK?
>>
$22 fucking dollars every day
If you're staying at the omni, still $22
What the fuck
>>
>>9511831
>>9512329
Fuck. Forgot to link these two. Too bad there isn't anything to do. We are just killing time till the exhibit hall opens.
>>
>>9512330
Is that supposed to be bad or
>>
>>9512175
Lol
>>9512229
Nah I rarely browse this place.
>>
Does anyone else have extra space for someone to bunk with? I might need it
>>
>>9512551
Depends anon. What happened?

Where my El Paso guys at?
>>
>>9512584
Think I might've got jipped by my leader so I might need a room
Just want to enter the tourneys and get a good rest mang
>>
Any word on food trucks? I've heard about the food carts and the court, but no trucks yet.
>>
>>9512648
I looked around and couldn't find a dam thing.
>>
File: IMG_9968.jpg (48KB, 750x259px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9968.jpg
48KB, 750x259px
>>9511976
>>
>>9512329
>>9512380
>>9512584
We made it good gonna be heading to the omni at around 7:45 pm I'm with the group of bananas and starlord
>>
>>9512786
Coolio. We are back at the omni, waiting for our pizza to be delivered. Gonna cosplay again tomorrow, but after we eat we are gonna go check out the gaming room at the omni.
>>
Anyone Down for a room party at the Sheraton tonight?
>>
>>9512815
Aren't they cracking down on how many people go on the elevator?
>>
Could any anons let me know what the parking average is? I live close enough to go back and forth but want to avoid paying out the ass for it. ANT was bad enough but at least I was lucky enough to score free parking the whole weekend, but that probably won't be the case this time.
>>
>>9512786
To the El Paso group. We are in the omni gaming room.
>>
how was badge pickup?
>>
>>9512816
That's just the Omni
>>
>>9512874
Very quick and easy. Look for /y/aoi. :^)
>>
Is there continental breakfest at the Omni?
>>
>>9513046
I bumped in to that guy. He's a real big gay.
>>
I work tonight and tomorrow from 12-8am
Y'all better come visit me in the game room
>>
Food Trucks are sporadically around the A-Kon area but there are no set spot. Your fat lazy ass will have to go search for them.

Omni hasn't put in a wristband policy. There are only 5 elevators total so you're fucked during peak times.
>>
Anyone interested in hooking up with two bara dudes tonight. Figured I'd ask cause why not and who cares.
>>
>>9513502
Can be male or female. Either or.
>>
>>9513503
Trans, pan. He'll anyone who is down.
>>
>>9513462
How are the stairs? Can we use those?
>>
Where everyone at?
>>
>>9513462
>Food Trucks are sporadically around the A-Kon area but there are no set spot. Your fat lazy ass will have to go search for them.
>Omni hasn't put in a wristband policy. There are only 5 elevators total so you're fucked during peak times.
Not true. There are several parked directly behind the Sheraton. Nammi, Sir Frank's, the sushi and a fourth. Sushinran out a little while ago and had to leave.
>>
Anyone gonna have a party tomorrow night?
>>
>>9513723
I see trucks at Water Garden and Sheraton. That's spread out to me. It isn't notes on the app or maps so you have to find this yourself. You wouldn't know this if you didn't go over to Sheraton.
>>
How was the jfash show? I didn't go
>>
If you're at the cosplay competition my gf got runner up in novice for her Thor cosplay
>>
How is everyone's a-kon so far?
>>
>>9515042
Surprisingly good
>>
>>9514878
I liked it
>>
>>9515042
Really great, oddly enough. I haven't actually enjoyed A-Kon in years. This is new.
>>
>>9515235
Any photos or videos from the show? I heard the girls were dressed well.
>>
File: 1496423074011.png (13KB, 433x500px) Image search: [Google]
1496423074011.png
13KB, 433x500px
>>9515042
>Free and easy parking
>lots of room to move around
>I noticed maybe one or two exhibitors selling ONLY mystery bags
>Cosplay contest results didn't take 40 minutes
>lots of places to eat/hangout with friends
All in all, much better than previous years in my opinion
>>
A-Kon hates raves.
>>
>>9515042
Bullshit for non-/cgl/ reasons. Staff being complete dicks.

As for standard con reasons outside of staff nonsense, con has been great!!! Bought a kigu, food is wonderful, and the dealer's room/artist alley seems really well put together!
>>
File: Texan_animated_LARGE.gif (356KB, 520x520px) Image search: [Google]
Texan_animated_LARGE.gif
356KB, 520x520px
>>9515244
Beer and wine concession stands in the dealers' room, and no drunken riot (at that location).

Way way better than at the Anatole in Dallas, I'm told. As a Fort Wortherarian myself, I was kinda stunned by how good it was. My thought had been "A-Kon? in Fort Worth? It must be about to dry up and blow away then, why the hell are they way out here." Imagine my surprise at the full-scale, fully-attended con that really happened this weekend.

In the past, A-Kon has done a good job of posting links to photo galleries, allowing immediate ego surfing just hours after the con ended. I hope they still do that...

The Water Gardens are an ideal backdrop for photo shoots. The prairie wind gets pleasantly cooled by all the fountains. If your costume has enough apertures for fresh air to get in, you can even hang around outdoors in summer in a bulky costume. Okay, it's still late spring...don't try it in August.

Downtown Fort Worth is crawling with cops on bikes/horses. Unlike Dallas, Fort Worth does not aspire to be Gotham City. Fort Worth does have some run down parts, but they're not right there under the skyscrapers. Even so, the Water Gardens/local parking garages has plenty of places to smoke some of Ganjarado's best.
>>
Akon sucked being in fort worth. The convention center is terrible for walking around save for either the dealers room or the water gardens. But since this is a summer con, it was always muggy especially in costume. The humility didn't help, either, but thats to be expected from anything water. Everything was also too spread out, and that gave little incentive to go anywhere beyond the convention center since you would have to walk several blocks from one end of the con to the other in order to go to anything inside one of the hotels. At the anatole, everything was a lot more compact. We also didn't have to deal with homeless people or a bulk of normal people. At the anatole, you were going to run into hotel stayers at most. At the convention, we mixed with the public a lot more, which is a major detriment to both the con's private space and security. The police's presence sort of helped.

I won't be spending any more money on this con. That price raise didn't give anything more valuable and in fact this con felt a lot less than the previous years.
>>
File: 1438477454381.jpg (158KB, 600x585px) Image search: [Google]
1438477454381.jpg
158KB, 600x585px
>A-kon 28 is my first con
>evening of the 10th
>see a goddess Madoka and a magical girl Madoka walk to the con together. probably sisters.
>too shy for my own good
>think to myself "I'll probably see them again. I'll ask for a picture later."
>never see them again
A-kon was a ton of fun, though.
>>
>>9516076

Completely disagree. So much better in Fort Worth now than it ever was in Dallas. Not sure what you mean about homeless, they are in Dallas just as much. When I went they would be hanging around all over. I love how spread out it is. Agree to disagree anon.
>>
>>9515042
Was fine. Very average. Nothing bad happened so I guess it was good.
>>
is there a like a place where people dump their pictures into?
>>
As a long time attendee, I have to say that Ft Worth was better than Dallas in nearly every way. Close by food was accessible by the trolly. The convention center/hotel/food trucks were still overpriced and not great, but better food was 5 minutes away. That ramen shop also sucked balls, I don't think it will still be open in a year's time. The convention center + 3 hotels setup also gives the con room to grow as well as allowing for the segregation of events. I was so happy that steam punk was in it's own hotel, away from everything else. I stopped by the Hilton for some gaming and people there for JUST gaming didn't have to deal with as much anime stuff.

We did pass some bums as we were walking around downtown, but that's common for any city. It felt pretty safe in the main loop around the Convention Center and Sundance Square.

Considering that this was their first year in a new city with a new venue for such a large event, I was impressed that they didn't have any major catastrophic hiccups that I heard about other than closing down the dance early on Saturday. Overall very impressed and it was my best con experience at an A-Kon so far. I'm looking forward to 2018.
>>
The rave needs to be at one of the hotels or something next year, I literally raved for 1 minute and it was over. Dislike.
>>
>>9516475
i found the silver lining with how most people just carried it out to the gardens and partied there
>>
Artists are crying buckets on how shitty they did at A-Kon. The days of making garbage bags of cash are dead. Welcome back to reality.
>>
>>9516564
Why didn't they do well, was it sticking them at the back of the dealers hall that did it?
>>
>>9516564
haha, where? AA halls have been getting more expensive lately. I can SEE you guys talking about your cheap prints and knick-knacks in the threads here and ripping us off.
>>
>>9516578

They provide a service. People buy. It's just a job like any other job. Oversaturation which I think was a problem this year will mess with whole system.
>>
>>9516578
Seriously, this. I dropped $30 on a very nice ukiyo-e print done on actual rice paper because there was clearly a lot of artistic effort put into getting the look right.

$25 for a glossy 12x18 print of two flavor of the month yaoi boys getting it on? fuck outta here.
>>
>>9516142
>>think to myself "I'll probably see them again. I'll ask for a picture later."
Made the same mistake, eventually just learned to take a deep breath and just go up to them, the very worst they'll say is no but I have yet had any cosplayers say no to me for a picture. Generally they want their pictures taken

Also I think I know which madokas you're talking about, I did get a picture of two madokas
>>
>>9516143
>akon shill
>>
Anime Austin soon
>>
>>9515042
I didn't get a con gf so 2/10
>>
>>9516632
The correct response "t. A-Kon shill" you fucking newfag.
>>
>>9516576
Because they overcharge to shit. The AA was completely packed every time we went back there, so it wasn't location. Problem is people don't want to spend $20 on one art print. There were a handful of booths selling extremely high quality prints for $5-10 each and they had lines of people buying a ton of stuff. I bought about 8 prints and spent $5 each on them because I just can't justify spending $15-25 on a single print. Same with my friend. As much as I love buying stuff in the AA and supporting artists, they charge too much for prints and little trinkets.

Like I understand their art takes a lot of time and work, but some of these artists have been selling the same exact prints at cons for 3+ years now. One artist who had large prints for $5 and extra large (20x30) for $10 actually had to put up a sign on Saturday telling other artists that she appreciates their feedback on her prices and will consider making changes in the future just to get them to quit telling her to change them.
>>
>>9516884
hahahaha I know, and so many unattached women there too, right? Oh wait, it's Texas so all women are required to be in a relationship in order to appear in public.
>>
Either it was the convention staff or the people running the general swap-meet that managed to place it in the most obscure place for the 3000th year in a row. I had to spend four hours being harassed by the same people every year for my items with shit offers.
>>
File: akonnotes3.jpg (359KB, 1894x2560px) Image search: [Google]
akonnotes3.jpg
359KB, 1894x2560px
>>9516076
Well, you're right it was spread out and took LOTS of walking.

Fort Worth's "hordes of cops" policy has made its downtown unfriendly for homeless people and panhandlers for many years now. You do see them, but they're passing through. It's not like downtown Dallas which is trying to become Bladerunner/Batman movie set. I've had several friends become homeless recently because of the skyrocketing rent in DFW, and I tell them "don't go to downtown Fort Worth."

Con prices are ridiculous, but if you want to go to something with a cheaper ticket, where will you go? A con held in a motel in Wichita Falls?

A con without normal people means you don't get to watch reaction face all weekend.
>>
File: A-Kon28notes.jpg (212KB, 677x2365px) Image search: [Google]
A-Kon28notes.jpg
212KB, 677x2365px
>>9517019
Back when they had it at DFW airport, I had an AA table...at the dark, far end of a hallway next to the perfumed breezes emanating from the ground floor men's restroom.

Better and brighter, these days. And no urinal breezes. Even so, people are buying less printed art.
>>
>>9517011
I still can't quite believe that other artists had the balls to tell her to jack up her prices. Boo hoo people won't buy your shitty kawaii yaoi print for 50 bucks clearly it's someone else's fault and not yours
>>
>>9517177
Isn't that collusion?
>>
>>9517207
No, but the $5 artist is guilty of predatory pricing. She is definitely a bitch, but maybe it's also a sign of the Artist Alley bubble bursting.
>>
>>9517011
>>9517236
I could never see spending $20 or more on a print of fanart when for that price I could get a silk screen. $10 is an appropriate price for a medium size print and even then it needs to be quality artwork that I actually want.

Even with the figure vendors, when I see one I REALLY want, I still check the price on ebay/amazon before buying it at a con.
>>
>>9517011
>had to put up a sign on Saturday telling other artists that she appreciates their feedback on her prices and will consider making changes in the future
This is the most egotistical bullshit; no other artists should be telling you how much to charge for your work. You charge what you feel like its worth and if the assclowns charging $25 each for their shit don't like it then their stuff obviously isn't worth that much and fuck them.
>>
>>9517259
>>9517282
This. I get that artists want to be compensated for their work, but a lot of the prints I saw looked like stuff made as a product designed for mass consumption more than a personal work. If they charged less for prints of the stuff they made to cash in on whatever seasonal waifu/husbando is selling well, they'd make up the "lost" cash through increased sales.

I have no issues paying $30 for a super nice print made with metallic foil or on steel sheets or rice paper or whatever, or $35+ for a personal commission, but $25 for chibi Overwatch characters blown up to frameable size with a pastel background? Absolutely not.
>>
A-kon page admin are now saying they're going back to 3 days next year. Thank fucking god. The whiny shits saying it should stay a 4 day con don't understand that not all of us are sucking on mommy's titty wallet.
>>
>>9517019
Girl same. I don't know what their beef with the swap meet is. It's always away from the convention.
>>
>>9517282
Agreed. Everyone else was overpriced. AA artists need to calm the fuck down. They're basically fancy bootleg sellers at the end of the day. There is no reason for a fanart print you got made for $1.50 cents should be sold for $20. I'm so glad AA was shit for the artists this year and if I was the $5 print artist, I would have made my prices even lower just to spite the other artists.
>>
This A-Kon was definitely fucking garbage unless you got a hotel and came to drink, but I go to Mexico for that, not an anime convention. It is astonishing how fucking garbage their raves are when there are so many clubs around that would host the rave for them - then again their fault for moving to Ft. Worth. The only enjoyable part was the water gardens but I didn't have to go to this shit-show for that.
>>
File: 1483448849448.jpg (113KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1483448849448.jpg
113KB, 640x480px
There was a panel called "Shit Otaku Say" on day 3 of A-kon. It sounded like a shitty panel, but my friends wanted to see it, so I hoped that it would be an intelligent criticism of the tendencies of anime fans. It turned out to be just a bunch of goons reading off shitty memes in their image folder. They even had an /a/ thread simulator video. It was fucking awful.
>>
>>9517574
There was a panel called "Anime Hell" on Friday night. It was supposed to be "a collection of strange, peculiar, and often painful video clips... a live screening of weird, amusing, confusing, disturbing, or otherwise entertaining clips about Japan." It sounded like it could be interesting and my friend wanted to see it, so we checked it out. It was one of the worst thing I have ever been to in my entire life. There was nothing weird, nothing funny, it was just plain stupid.

It opened with some mainstream Devo music video, not weird or funny. Second it showed the McDonalds anime commercial then the McDonalds szechuan sauce commercial, which aren't weird or funny. After that it showed a Russian music video, which has nothing to do with Japan and was actually kinda cool. There were some other ones but I just blocked them out of my memory. The entire time the hosts were telling really bad "jokes" over the videos.

After a few minutes probably half of the audience had walked out. My friend and I gave it 30 minutes but it was just too awful. When we left, the volunteer at the door even said that it sucked ass. There definitely needs to be better quality control for some of these panels.
>>
>>9517622
That one caught my attention, but I was afraid I would need to bleach my eyes afterwards so I didn't go. I'm happy to know I made the right decision.
There was a panel talking about hentai late on the first night that my friends wanted to check out. The heads admitted the name was a ruse, but they talked about hentai anyway. It was a total shitshow but it was funny for a while. They mentioned hentai of my favorite anime a couple of times and made a couple of comments about it that pissed me off. It was the only anime they mentioned, too. It nearly ruined my night. The panel began to drag halfway through, and we eventually left early back to the hotel because I was falling asleep.
>>
>>9517019
That sucks. I went to the swap meet early that morning, managed to great some great quality stuff, and then booked it. There was a ton of shit tier stuff to sift through before finding anything good desu.
>mfw weebs attempted to trade their fidget spinners for expensive waifu figures
>>
>>9517011
> one artist put up the sign that she appreciates the feedback on her prices

Read the thread senpai. We've been talking about since day one. Melly has been pricing her prints at $5 the entire convention and has done so since animazement. If she sold it at the same rate other people do, she wouldn't have had the lines.

You can honestly argue that > muh overpriced prints, but the reality is. A lot of arists flew in and have to pay for hotels too. $15 per print is standard because not everyone carries 100+ copies of prints to sell at $5 per piece for the entire con.

The thing that stinks about the anonymity is that you can never get the shit posters and trolls to stop twisting facts. A-kon artist alley was abysmal and predatory pricing was a part of that problem.
>>
>>9517552
>This A-Kon was fucking garbage
Every A-Kon is fucking garbage, anon. I stopped going years ago because I knew it would never change and every year it seems people complain about the same things others complained about years before. San Japan and Afest are always the better choice.
>>
>>9512229
I've met that dude at meets and saw him being a cringe king wearing a MAGA hat and Kekistan flag cape at the rave when everyone moved to the water garden. I've seen him run around in furry shit at Anime Fest, too. He's a faggot in every sense of the word.
>>
>>9517909
>a MAGA hat
>Kekistan flag cape at the rave
>furry

Whyyy
>>
>>9517909
Is he a short nerdy looking blonde guy with glasses?
>>
File: 1451692968513.jpg (76KB, 302x405px) Image search: [Google]
1451692968513.jpg
76KB, 302x405px
>Hentai panel thursday night at the Sheraton hotel
>Long line
>This should be interesting
>One person comes up and ask what is this
>HENTAIII
>Crowd chants HENTAI HENTAI HENTAI
>Sensible chuckle and chants along for the fuck of it
>Panel starts
>"Wow.. I didn't think this many would come"
>A FUCKING HENTAI PANEL
>"Oh it's not what you think it is"
>We don't know what we're doing so here come to the table and talk about hentai
>Mfw
>>
>>9517928
Nah, he's about 5'10" - 6'0"

Likes MGS and ResEvil. He's just really obnoxious and cringy. His friends aren't much better. One is a Mexican with a obsessive ship between fucking Big Boss and Ryuko Matoi.
>>
>>9517976
Did that many people miss the memo that Akon will never host a hentai panel again?
>>
>>9518194
A lot of people missed the memo to not anticipate A-Kon to have any decent programming.
>>
>>9518233

All depends on what people submit and want to host. If the programming and panels were bad it's likely the submissions were bad. Don't like it? Try to host a panel that isn't shit. Can't do much if they didn't have much to work with.
>>
>>9517699
AA was abysmal because the con made the same fucking mistake other cons have in the past. They put AA and Vendors in the same fucking room with the same fucking open/close times. Even worse they had the entrance to the hall on the vendors side instead of between the two areas so if you wanted to hit the AA you had to go through vendors first.

If AKon was smart, which they aren't, they'll rearrange their layout for everything including panels, game rooms, and how they handle security going into the arena. Shit was a fucking joke of crowd control.
>>
>>9518318
I'm still amazed that they didn't put every panel in the convention center which it could support. A-Kon incompetent planning was in full force.
>>
>>9517985
Isn't that the one dude that cosplays BB? Not a bad cosplayer, but can't separate fiction and reality. No wonder girls find him creepy.
>>
>>9518408
He looks like a fucking slob. Honestly, I cosplayed Kiryu this weekend (basically the same outfit as >>9517985, sans fedora) and now I'm worried people are gonna mix us up because of that photo.
>>
>>9518438
The BB guy isn't bad looking by any means. Generic tall/dark/handsome dude. Terrible with women, though. Only met him once, but I've seen enough of him and heard other stories that I kinda feel bad for him.

>>9517985, on the other hand is a real fucking piece of work. Unless you look half as shitty as this guy does, I doubt there'll be any confusion, anon.
>>
>>9518194
They had a fetish panel in 2016 that was the next best thing
>>
>>9516461
>I was so happy that steam punk was in it's own hotel, away from everything else.
Have they designated a containment hotel for the dollers too, if so I might come back to this con next year.
>>
This seems like the most ghost friendly con I have ever been to. The convention is outside in the water gardens. If you need to buy something from the Dealer's room, pay for shipping on Amazon instead.
>>
File: San_Japan_-_Revised_Logo.png (212KB, 1200x1930px) Image search: [Google]
San_Japan_-_Revised_Logo.png
212KB, 1200x1930px
How does San Japan compare to A-Kon and AnimeFest? I couldn't go to A-Kon this year, so my yearly appetite for cons hasn't been sated yet and I'm considering trying San Japan since it's A-Kon's scale and AnimeFest's weebness from what I gather. Usually I go to cons for the small panels, so if they're better than A-Kon's then that's a major plus for me.
>>
>>9518988

San Japan is no where near the size of akon
>>
>>9518988
San Japan is much smaller and while they have alot to do...somehow it seems very sparse and almost boring? I've been every year since the very first one and for whatever reason I can't put my finger on, this previous one was missing something. It's usually a very well run con though.
>>
>>9518988
There's a few people here that like to shit on it but San Japan is pretty good, the panels I go to are actually interesting and the dealer room/AA has been better than A-kon's this year.
>>9518971
They were really mostly to themselves, but in the main con center.
>>
>>9516564
Yup. Goodbye to the golden age.

>>9517011
For the record, I'm certain we put the sign up on Sunday. So many people on different occasions approached us to talk about pricing, whom I assume were simultaneously doing their tables in the AA. It reminded me of TPS reports in Office Space. Guys, we get it.

>>9517177
I mean, I guess they were panicking or something? I don't know how young these folks are who are approaching us and telling us to raise prices, but clearly, there's a gap.

>>9517236
First and foremost, my partner's not a bitch. Secondly, yes, AA bubble's not in the golden age anymore.

She cares a lot about attendees having a great time. I would say this is only detrimental to the AA that may have similar work to hers at a higher price point. It still theoretically saves money for an attendee to purchase something at a lower price to then spend the fixed amount of cash that they brought with them (or got from the ATM) on other items/booths that do not offer the same prints that we do.

I'm grateful for the people who actually understand where she's coming from. It's actually refreshing to read because I'm wading through a shit ton of other comments that seem to be her enemies talking, mostly. She's not out to make enemies. She just wants to make people happy with her work. You can be cynical of her all you want, but she's super genuinely empathetic.

>>9517282
>>9517406
Thank you for understanding. Her customers were also encouraging her to raise her prices and would tip to what they saw as the value of the work to them. Relative value is hard to teach, but you get it, and I'm glad for that.
>>
This entire situation is making me want to do AA with even cheaper prices than Mel. I get to make free prints at Costco already ha ha. I'm not nearly as nice and understanding as her, so everyone asking me to change would get a good old fashioned "Leave before I call security".
>>
If you only charge 5 your work is probably shit and you have low self esteem. I wont buy because I don't want to catch your pathetic
>>
>>9519318
>She cares a lot about attendees having a great time.
Please consider the fact that her fellow AA artists are also attendees. What she was doing is called undercutting, which is considered a predatory selling practice that made many of her peers and fellow con attendees miserable.

I didn't attend as an AA artist this year, but boy have I heard about her. I hope your partner understands that if she had higher prices she would likely have made more money and not drawn the ire of her fellow artists. Her art is nice and would have sold just fine without the dirt cheap price, but now she's getting herself a Reputation: both as an undercutter, and an artist with "cheap art." It's not really a good rep to cultivate.
>>
>>9519427
Sorry your $25 fat mermaid prints didn't sell.
>>
>>9519318
It sounds like maybe a flea market would be more her speed, she should try that in the future!
>>
>>9519318
Are you really her partner? If so, getting mad and responding here was not the right solution, I didn't have a strong opinion before but this is making you both look unprofessional. Weird paranoid rantings about "enemies" are just going to put people off.
>>
>>9519318
So is she not making much profit? How many prints does she cary on her, and how much is she paying per print?? Unless she knows someone and is getting stuff printed for free.
>>
>>9519318
>seem to be her enemies talking
Nope, don't hate her on a personal level or anything. But I definitely would not want to work with her or have anything to do with her. I'm sure she's nice and all, but she isn't very considerate or she would have researched market price a bit. You're free to do what you want, but ultimately acknowledge that you're burning bridges.
>>
>>9519465
It's only predatory if she's abusing her market power to drive competitors out of the market so that she can later exploit the lack of competition and raise prices beyond original levels. Given the low barriers to entry, there is no way this could be the case here; it's simply healthy competition.
>>
I don't get why you guys are so mad. This is how AA prices used to be before AA artists started thinking that digitally drawn, mass produced fanart makes you into a real artist worth paying real artist prices for. You're the bottom of the artist food chain. People selling adoptable OCs make more money than you. Get over it.
>>
>>9519507
You don't have to have an evil plan to be predatory anon.

>>9519514
>This is how AA prices used to be
lol.

AA tables also used to be $50 and everyone had shitty 8.5x11 prints from staples.

Anon who is undercut-chan's partner, I hope you see all these people who are "backing you up" and "agreeing" with you are basically all low-key shitting on your partner by poo-pooing everyone who sells in AAs period. This is your favored crowd, I guess.
>>
The AA thread posts on this are a laugh. I had no idea artists were so entitled. I hope she doesn't succumb to their bullying tactics.
>>
>>9519537
As an outsider and someone who was a buyer at A-Kon I'm just enjoying the salt from everyone here. I only bought 3 keychains because everything was so fucking expensive.
>>
>>9519532
Yes you do.
>One of the unique provisions to the Texas act includes a specific standard for proving predatory pricing. While the federal standard is typically more subjective regarding the facts, Texas lays out a bright line rule that the seller must have an expectation of recouping losses incurred by charging the predatory pricing, the prices were below the average variable cost with substantial barriers to entry, the prices were below average total cost, and the benefits of the pricing is primarily from eliminating competition.
https://www.reidellawfirm.com/doing-business-in-texas-business-practices-law/
>Consumers are harmed only if below-cost pricing allows a dominant competitor to knock its rivals out of the market and then raise prices to above-market levels for a substantial time.
https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/competition-guidance/guide-antitrust-laws/single-firm-conduct/predatory-or-below-cost
>>
>>9519556
You don't have to have an evil plan to be predatory in the colloquial, non legal sense. Chillax.

>>9519545
This drama reminds me of Amuria, I wonder if this artist will turn into a huge lolcow factory for us too. Her partner seems to be on their way to it.
>>
>>9519559
So when you say 'predatory' you actually mean 'competitive'? I guess that doesn't sound sufficiently villainous though.
>>
ITT: capitalism is the devil all prices should be set evenly otherwise it's not fair uwu
>>
>>9519573
No I mean predatory as in she's drastically undercutting her competitors and eating their business. "Competitive" would be $10-15 prints at the size she was selling.

>>9519579
Prices don't need to be "even," no one has said capitalism is unfair or bad.

At the end of the day if undercut-chan is ok with:
>having a shit rep
>being viewed as "cheap" and "disposable" art
>encouraging consumers to devalue artist alley artists including herself
>being an impulse buy w/her art purchased more for price than actual interest in her art

then by all means, she should continue to charge next to nothing for her art.
>>
>>9519579
Basically. Nobody seems to understand basic business strategy these days.

"she should've researched market value!"
Evidently she did, then she set her prices at a point below market value where the volume sold would still generate profits for her. The other artists largely appeared content with trying to stick out $20-30 pricing on fat mermaid and Soldier 76 "daddy" prints through the end of the con, rather than cutting prices on day 4 just to sell out remaining inventory and get *something* out of the con.
>>
>>9519318
>my partner
Did you mean helper? Or are you her significant other? Because Melly didn't have a table partner. I've walked by her table at A-Kon and all the art on her table was hers and she wasn't splitting with anybody. So you're either A) a helper who's pulling shit out of their ass because they want to sound like they know what artists go through, B) her shortsighted girlfriend who thought it'd be cool to come whiteknighting Melly on 4chan, or C) a troll who wants to stir up shit for no reason. If you actually do care about Melly, you did her no favors by posting here. Now all the artists are just going to remember her as a paranoid undercutter who thinks other artists are her "enemies".

>>9519514
>This is how AA prices used to be
lmao when??? I've been attending and tabling at cons for close to a decade now and I've never seen $5 be the market average for 11 x 17 prints in artist alleys. Maybe 8.5 x 11 prints. Even back in like 2010, 11 x 17 prints were $10~$15 with the average being at $12. Better quality paper/art tended to lean toward $15 and newbies/shittier paper was $10. Now the average in 2017 is $15 per print. That's only a $3 increase in 7 years so cry fucking more. Most artists do a buy two and get one free deal too so in the end, it still works out to $10 a print.

>>9519584
Honestly, if Melly wants to keep undercutting, she should be up front with it instead of putting on this grossly sweet "I'm so proud to table with all of you uguu" nonsense she put on her sign. Artists have talked to her at Animazement and she told them she'd change her prices by A-Kon. She didn't. And then gave the same excuse to everyone about how she's going to change her price at her next con. Now her reputation includes lying to cover her ass and everyone is going to be keeping an eye out at her next table to see if she keeps her promise. If she was just up front about wanting to keep her prices, she'd be a bitch but people would forget about her eventually.
>>
>>9519595
$30 gets you 3 prints from most artists.
>>
>>9519595
Don't be a fucking idiot. The majority of artists were pricing their prints at $15, not $20~$30. And most of the A-Kon artist alley DID cut prices on the last day. Did you even attend the con?

Melly wasn't singlehandedly responsible for ruining A-Kon for artists. It was a combination of the current economy, a venue change, doubling the number of artists, and an inefficient layout. No, pricing their art lower wouldn't have magically made artists more money because people TRIED that on Sunday and it didn't work. Artists will still go on to price their work at $15 at other conventions and still make money. A-Kon was an outlier due to a bunch of different circumstances and doesn't indicate that we should all be doing $5 prints.
>>
All you artists complaining about this person's prices: did she have art of everything you guys had? Was she selling prints of every series every other artist in AA was selling?
I suspect she probably only had prints from a few popular fandoms right? How does this hurt you guys then if you're selling different things. And if your art really is better it should be worth the higher price right?
I sell handmade items at various cons and occasionally have competition but I charge more for my stuff than my competitors and guess what? It always sells out because the people selling other similar items are absolute shit quality. If your art is really worth what you're charging and it's unique, you can charge what you want and still get it.

There's no reason to sweat a fart in the wind seller that doesn't charge enough if your stuff is truly unique and worth what you're asking. If it's not so good and it's not selling...then it probably isn't worth what you're asking and you shouldn't be blaming someone else's cheap shit for yours not selling.
>>
>>9519584
Undercutting is normal business behavior and not inherently predatory. Stop using words you don't understand.
>>
>>9519606
I don't think most people in here are saying that she stole sales from everyone. She didn't. I was selling at A-Kon and still walked away with a few k profit so I'm not here to say that Melly was the definitive reason why A-Kon sucked for so many people.

But, it WAS shitty for her immediate table neighbors. Whenever I saw them, there were lines completely blocking off their tables because of Melly's underpricing, and Melly herself didn't do anything to redirect the lines or get her helper to do so. If I'm remembering correctly, the tables next to her had a wider variety of fandoms too, but no one was buying from them due to the proximity. One of those artists has a pretty decent following online and does a lot of cons so it's not like their art was shit tier either.

In the long run, she's not going to change market price for prints because everyone else does them at $15. All she's gonna do is make other artists avoid her because being placed directly next to her is a sales death sentence.
>>
>>9519610
I understand the word perfectly and still stick with it being predatory. She did it while knowing it was making her peers unhappy and now is acting innocent/ignorant of the fact and pretending like she "just wants people to have a good con" as if her art is what makes people have a good con.
>>
>>9519626
I'm inclined to agree with this anon seeing as this isn't the first con she's done this at and people have told her before how it can hurt other artists. She can keep pricing them at $5 if she wants but she's only eating into her own profits and completely ruining her reputation among other artists.
>>
>>9519626
Making her peers "happy" isn't her responsibility, don't be fucking ridiculous. If you're going to keep arguing about this with outlandish language like predatory pricing at least sound like you have some of your shit together like >>9519623 's example.
>>
>>9519633
It isn't her responsibility and I never said it was, I commented on it in conjunction with the fact that she's trying to play innocent and act like she only ever wants to make everyone have a good time and have money for other artists. "Predatory pricing" is not outlandish language you trog.
>>
>>9519626
They are her direct competitors. Why should she care about the effect her prices have on their feelings?
>>
>>9519579
This.
>>
>>9519623
>But, it WAS shitty for her immediate table neighbors. Whenever I saw them, there were lines completely blocking off their tables
>>9519606 here and that is another matter, I can see how that would be annoying. Keep in mind up until you mentioned that issue though, no one else had explained that.
>>
>>9519637
This isn't Best Buy vs Amazon, these are all individual people sitting at tables and selling things they personally drew/made. Everyone is a potential coworker, collaborator, and peer.

Also SHE was the one who brought up feelings, she made claims that she needed to listen to her fellow artists and she only priced her art so cheap so people could have a good con and have money left over to spend at other artists' tables. This is a claim SHE made. Then she turned around and kept her prices (and story) the same at the next con.

If she wants to price out other artists so she makes more sales, she should just say so and drop the "boohoo I just want everyone to be happy!" act.
>>
>>9519637
Yikes, you have no idea how artist communities work - do you?
>>
>>9519641
It was discussed in depth in the AA thread which is why I figure people might have forgotten to bring it up in this thread. No worries.
>>
>>9519635
I'm commenting on your language use specifically because it undermines whatever valid reasoning you may have due to its volatility. Unless your goal is to not be taken seriously due to massive cringe.
>>
>>9519641
Yep, this is a legitimate complaint. Did anyone make her aware of this?
>>
>>9519653
Someone said the term predatory pricing and it's cringe? What?
>>
>>9519659
because they keep using it even tho it doesnt mean what they think they mean.
>>
>>9519653
I just gave up. It was like talking to a brick wall.
>>
>>9519660
Idk, I get what they mean just fine.
>>
>>9519660
>>9519661
Maybe you would have an easier time with this if you just let go your insistence on using legalese instead of just understanding I'm speaking colloquially and getting all vocab police because you don't like a term I'm using because it's "mean" or whatever. Chill, it's just an easy way to convey the fact that what she's doing is shitty given the context.
>>
>>9519665
It's not shitty and you're incorrectly using emotive language to make it seem so.
>>
>>9519599
I didn't even attend Akon (which as it turns out, might've been a good thing), but it doesn't really sound good for this Melly artist/their partner. I would say that the way that they're handled this just made it even more of a problem than just the initial pricing.

I'm pretty cheapskate/ hunt several places for cheaper prices etc., so I totally get cheaper pricing is nice, but setting it at half the price of what I've seen to be the standard price is pretty drastic honestly. Maybe just a couple of dollars cheaper would've been better - for both the artist and us customers.
>>
>>9519678
Nayrt but are you an artist? Of course it doesn't come off as shitty from a consumer's POV. But it does overall hurt the artist community and it IS a shitty thing to do. It affected the people placed directly next to her.
>>
>>9519682
You're right anon. If they priced their prints at $12, no one would have given a shit. $10 might have made a couple of artists raise an eyebrow but $5 is ridiculous.
>>
The circumstances around A-kon made it a shitty con for artists to sell at, but Melly just happens to be a visible target for attacks. So dumb. Yeah, her competition hurt the status quo of pricing in the AA a bit, but all competition hurts. I doubt she had that large of an impact; I'm much more concerned that they stuffed the AA with twice as many vendors with no space to walk through during a move and price hike. Ive sold directly by $5 11x17 sellers before, and I still came out fine. She's not responsible for your shit sales, so stop coming off as whiny children. It's embarrassing.
>>
>>9519606
She didn't have any popular stuff. It was all originals and Boku no Hero Academia. Unless your table just happened to have that same combination, she was not why your sales sucked. A-Kon's shitty planning was.
>>
>>9519689
Because no one has done the math that Akon AA went from around 140 artists in 2016 to nearly 300 artists then doubled the table rate. Basic fucking economics when the crowd size stayed the same as A-Kon didn't jump to 70k attendance. The amount of money spent there by attendees stayed the same but it was spread out much thinner.

Nope, let's pick a scapegoat instead.

The ones who did the math beforehand knew it was going to be a shitshow. The idiots with $$ in their eyes got throw in the cold bath of reality.
>>
>>9519695
This is false though. She didn't have a wide selection of fandoms, but she did have more than BNHA. http://muddymelly.com

Agreed that it wasn't just her that caused the shit sales though. She was just another straw on the camel's back.
>>
>>9519689
Melly pricing her prints so much lower than other artists isn't really "wrong" and she has every right to do it but it is kind of a dick move, especially since she apparently did so knowing she was undercutting everyone else.
>>
>>9519716
Not doing their homework can't even be an excuse for these anons though. Me and plenty of others talked all about the warning signs as soon as tables were announced. If you chose to go, you can't come here and act ignorant of the detrimental factors.
>>
>>9519492
Under rated post
>>
>>9519716
No one is solely blaming Melly for poor A-Kon sales. Learn to read before you whiteknight.
>>
Someone explain the drama surrounding the Paper Towel Roll that got thrown at someone
>>
>>9519781
Long story short, allegedly some con goers threw a roll of TP at some girl and she reacted like it exploded her internal organs
>>
>>9519764
I don't know nor care who that artist is. Free market pricing is what took place. Every one was at prices to make a profit per unit but some one decided that gross revenue was more important than profit margins. Good on them.

Boo hoo to a lot of you, try running a retail business. Learn to math better and understand risk calculation when given warnings. No one put a gun to the crying artists to be there.

A-Kon exploited the overwhelming demand for tables then everyone suffered. Artists raised the artist rates to cover higher costs. The people with money said fuck you to the artists as they expected prices at a certain level.

If it is the same AA shitshow next year, which it will be as A-Kon doesn't listen, it is going to show that people don't pay attention.
>>
>>9519793
>Artists raised the artist rates to cover higher costs
I'm beginning to think you have no clue what you're talking about.
>>
>>9519793
I made a decent profit at A-Kon so stop pretending like everyone criticizing her is just a sore loser who's crying about lost sales. People aren't saying that Melly is the single reason why A-Kon's AA sucked.

People were aware of the increased number of artist tables. But there was no way to predict the shitty hall layout and bad traffic flow. You don't know what the fuck you're talking about since you seem to be operating under the assumption that artists raised their prices to $15 when in actuality, 11x17" prints have been going for $15 for years. That's the fucking market rate. People aren't crying about not making sales after raising prices - their prices have remained consistent. In fact, a ton of artists were marking their items down on Sunday and still did poorly.

The point here isn't trying to blame Melly for poor sales across the board. It's more about her practice devaluing the market price as well as causing traffic congestions around her table which effectively blocked her neighbor's tables and line of sight. No, she didn't ruin A-Kon all by herself - but underpricing was still kind of a shitty thing to do to her immediate neighbors.

Thanks for fucking playing, but stop pretending like you know what you're talking about.
>>
>>9519793
>muh laissez-faire
>>
>>9519813
Maybe you should learn more about what sales are considering the fact that you think she "underpriced" her shit. She more than likely got her shit printed from a better distributor for a better price than you guys - and furthermore, that's just how shit goes. It's not even slightly her fault that that many people came to her table because she acknowledged the fact that at the end of the day people don't want to fucking spend $15 on a piece of mass produced paper or whatever the fuck and she acted accordingly.
>>
>>9519836
She told her neighbors she spent $5k on printing so lol
>>
>>9519813
If the number of tables was doubled it makes sense for the market price to fall with the increased supply.
>>
>>9519729
Haikyuu is literally the only thing on there other than BnHA that your average attendees would have heard of. My point still stands.

While we're on this topic, this is exactly why I stress to draw YOUR favorite fandoms as opposed to what's popular. People can go to the dealers and buy cheap, official Yuri on Ice charms. You are a retard if you sell that and not something from your favorite series with like two pieces of official merch.
>>
>>9519836
Have you made prints? Are you a convention artist? "better distributor" lmao - prints all have an average cost no matter where you get them done. The only time this wouldn't apply is if you got them done at Office Depot or some other shitty office chain store.

And the thing is - people DID spend $15 on prints. They were more than happy to drop $15 on other artists. I sold out of several prints I brought. I just wasn't placed next to her so I didn't get people blocking my table or people who thought I was scamming them with my prices by immediate association.
>>
>>9519839
Source? Even if she did it's still none of their business anyway. I'm assuming anyone complaining about her pricing is the typical fat /cgl/ cunt who does meth. It doesn't even make sense to bash on her for pricing because at the end of the day if her content was shit then it would not have sold. There were TONS of people selling affordable content and it's obvious that the case is that the people next to her had such garbage fucking content that no one was interested - if people were LINING UP around her table then obviously they would have seen theres but considering the fact that AA was letting in anyone this year it's more than likely that their content was fucking shit. That's the problem. Make better content and if your content sucks dick then don't get a table. Stick to making your steven universe fan art on tumblr.
>>
>>9519848
You can literally go to a fucking costco and get 300 prints of the same quality and sizing as most AA prints for free you stupid faggot with one of the 900 coupons they send out. Obviously you're one of the butthurt losers who didn't sell jack shit.
>>
ITT;

- Artist on the top was selling affordable prints and one-of-kind content and everyone hates here because of that.
- Artists on the bottom who didn't sell anything and also had $70 plushies.
>>
File: hank-hill-ass.jpg (12KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
hank-hill-ass.jpg
12KB, 300x300px
>>9519859
Ah, yes. I can see the resemblance so clearly now.
>>
So for all of you worrying about shitty layout, it's being fixed next year. The artist alley is going to theoretically be turned 90 degrees so that you don't directly see dead space, you actually get a row of art. The staff is also cutting down from 260 tables (which is actually the number sold- they had to sell 250 for the con to break even.) Traffic flow is also something they're discussing managing better, with walls to divide the venue.

Vendors were cunts in renting out space. Cricket paid like 25,000 dollars to get that shitty spot in the middle of the room, and the top tier vendors could do whatever they wanted with their space- including leaving it dead. Which a lot of them did. Vendors didn't do well this Akon either and a lot of them are fucking pissed off about it.

But the setup team for the venue really fucked it over. The aisles were supposed to be ten feet wide and weren't, and they just didn't care. Tables were also incorrectly sized, and there was only supposed to be piping, not those weird walls. They also imposed the no outside food or drink rules, and were right cunts about water stations being disallowed. So a lot of it falls on the venue itself.

But there was some bad contract shit with the Anatole, and apparently the Anatole violated contract with AKon and then tried to fuck over their reputation. It's why no venue in dallas will host the convention anymore apparently.
>>
>>9519853
I've made prints at Costco at before you absolute troglodyte. It's not the same quality and they certainly are not free. In fact, Costco prints tend to run more expensive than getting something from an actual print shop. You have no fucking idea what you're talking about. I mean I made out with several thousand in profit even after expenses but you're free to think whatever you want if it makes you feel better.
>>
File: IMG_6602.jpg (43KB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6602.jpg
43KB, 540x304px
>>9519862
>>
>>9519862
FWIW, A-Kon deserves its reputation. Do not forget the Sheraton elevators, the Berlin Wall getting fucked with at the Anatole, and the priceless antique vase someone broke a couple of years back. I don't blame venues for not wanting to host A-Kon. It is rabid.
>>
>>9519866
"Trogolodyte" okay tumblr-chan.
Once again, yes, you can get extremely affordable prints at Costco and multiple other locations.
>>
>>9519862
Thanks for explaining. There's always a lot of growing pains after a venue move! Artists were told our space would be 8x8" and we received 8x5" instead and a lot of our row numbers were incorrectly labeled too. I'm looking forward to next year! I still did pretty well and the A-Kon AA staff is pretty good to work with.
>>
>>9519859
These were the two artists directly next to her, according to Akon's website.
>http://zeiva.daportfolio.com/gallery/959632
>https://nobledemons.carbonmade.com
Also stop pulling prices out of your ass. Artists didn't charge more than usual, they just charged market rate.
>>
>>9519871
Prints cheaper at actual print shops. You're literally the dumbest person in this entire thread.
>>
>>9519866
Who pays normal price for Costco prints? They send you coupons. Not to mention, you shouldn't be spending that much on prints anyway. Get a cheap option that looks decent. Your average attendee is not an art connoiseur. Do not attempt to impress them. They just want a cheap, alright looking drawing of their waifu.
>>
>>9519877
It's still not remotely her fault people didn't want to buy their art? Do you know how many amazing artists there are at AA? Why would they want either of these artists typical content at ''market price'. If people are in a vicinity around you booth they WILL look at your content - it's on you for not creating interesting enough content.
>>
>>9519878
There were literally artists there using even the glossy small costco prints and they were still actually selling those for anywhere from $1-$5. You can get 300 of those for free. Yes. Affordable. Lol stat mad anon-chan.
>>
>>9519847

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. Whenever I do something from my favorite series that don't have much merch/representation, all I get is the few people who recognize it going, "THIS IS AWESOME, I NEVER SEE STUFF FROM THIS SERIES! Thanks so much for making something for it!! And then they proceed to NOT buy it. At least when I make something from what's popular, the higher # of people interested in it still makes it likelier that someone will actually buy.
>>
Were there a lot more ugly / smelly people this year or was it just me..?
>>
>>9519886
Maybe your art sucks. The unpopular stuff sells out first for me every single time (except for when SnK first came out).
>>
ITT a bunch of college students who just finished Econ 101 pretend to be shrewd capitalists.
>>
>>9519880
Anon, it costs most artists 40-50 cents per print to get shit printed at an actual print shop. Sometimes less if they buy in bulk. It's way cheaper than Costco.

>>9519885
We're talking about 11x17" prints. People get their 4x6"s done at Costco and Walgreens yes. And that IS the going price for postcard sized prints. Stop trying to compare postcards to posters.
>>
>>9519881
It's on her for letting people block their table. She should have called some volunteers to help decongest the area. It's not her fault what people don't buy, hence I'm not blaming the shitty sales of the entire alley on her, but certainly the artists in her row would have done better if they were not in her row (regardless of their artistic abilities). People don't like her because she shows a lack of consideration for her colleagues, not because they're jealous of her skills or whatever.

>If people are in a vicinity around you booth they WILL look at your content
It's like you've never been in a congested row before. It's not just a little busy, tables were being blocked. People dove in then dove out. No one has time or energy or leisure to check things out and buy stuff when the other congoers are pushing their sweaty bodies against them.
>>
>>9519892
Nope, my art doesn't suck; the things that I like are all just too obscure/unpopular to the point that only a few people even know what it is. I think your advice to do your favorite things only works well if the things you like are at least at a base level of popularity, too.
>>
>>9519905
>Nope, my art doesn't suck
That's something your sales decide, not you, sweetie.
>>
>>9519908
Right, and my sales are fine when I don't do my favorite obscure series. Who put the stick up your ass?
>>
>>9519910
You're the one bitching. Don't turn this on me.
>>
>>9519905
Same, anon. There's a difference between cult favourite and obscure-obscure. That being said, the current trending shows fall into my enjoyment zone too so I have no issue with drawing for them. Win-win.
>>
>>9519918
Nayrt, but you're the one bitching.
>>
Anyway, who's going to Anime Fest?
>>
>>9519958
I think my fiancée and I are going. IMO, it doesn't have this same issues as A-Kon, like growing too big for its own good, or terribly lacking guest lists. She seemed to like it more than A-Kon last year, and I expect the same feelings this year.
>>
>>9519902
>it's on her for having such good sales that people blocked their table.
They should have asked to been moved then under that logic.
This whole thing is bullshit and it's worse than the bullshit lolita-drama on this board.
You can't just dump the blame on her because the AA tables were too close, the halls were too thin, that she was too popular, and that the surrounding tables didn't know how to react besides asking her to fucking lower prices and tone down her success.
Sooooo fucking gross. I can't even. Again, stick to fucking tumblr if you're not up for these types of risks. This girl has a decent following cause of her work and even those artists around her - who did well, mind you - aren't coming at her like some of you guys. Yuck.
>>
>>9519993
*raise prices

The point is there are too many resources out there like she could have even been using prints from past events and at the end of the day whatever the case may be, she's still not liable. Perhaps they should just stop giving some of you tables at all because if you're that unprofessional that you have to make those types of moves then the issues are clear.
>>
>>9519905
Prove it.
>>
I have to wonder if this Melly girl realizes that she is being talked about on cgl. I would guess not, but it is pretty impressive that a topic of $5 artist managed to take up a good amount of posts in not just one, but TWO topics on cgl at almost the same time. If you are not someone like our queen, nigri or that super efamous bunch, that's pretty impressive in this day and age on cgl.
>>
>>9520040
Probably considering that her partner came here to defender her and call other artists her enemies.

>>9519958
I am! It's my first time so I'm excited. A ton of my California friends are specifically flying in for the YOI guests so I think this might increase the con attendance a bit!
>>
>>9519659
>>9519661
I haven't responded to this thread since my initial comment regarding outlandish language, so I'm not too sure who this is directed at. I will own that my own reaction wasn't the best response to your comment, so in that regard I do apologize. I'm pointing out that the term predatory pricing is highly exaggerated, and it's more likely to provoke aggressive responses in return. Anyway, her prices are shit, it's not out place to regulate on her, I'm gonna ice her in my own dealings and there's not much else to be said.
>>
>>9520040
We're all platinum mad and need a scapegoat. I'll be the first to admit it.
>>
>>9520055
Oh I feel retarded. I already forgot about that. Strange that they would pick this thread and not the artist alley. This thread has
a lot of regular attendees in here, which for the most part don't give a fuck about it.
>>
>>9518988
San Japan peaked a year or two ago and is now descending into garbage. Save your money. The few decent panels always get cancelled anyways
>>
>>9519318
I hope she doesn't raise her prices. she's one of 3 people I bought from, one other being a sunday sale and the last being the guy that does 4 for $20 then lets you come back at any time during the con and get prints for $5 if you want. She was so fucking sweet to everyone complimenting her and purchasing her art. i've never seen someone in an AA project such positive energy and thankfulness before.
>>
>>9520081
This. Some bitch cut me so she could complain about prices (if you are reading this- fuck you I hope you didn't even break even) and Mel offered me candy because of it.
>>
discordapp.com/invite/8Csnz3w
texas cgl discord, want more jfashion/cosplay discussion!
>>
Why are most texas anime/game cosplayers such entitled cunts despite their cosplays barely being above average.
Seriously, I have only met three genuinely nice cosplayers that actually start up and hold conversations with you in the popular side of the scene.
The rest of them act like you're a pain in the ass if you try to have a small chat about craftsmanship/want to basically conversate about anything other than just taking their photo and leaving.
It's incredibly stupid.
>>
>>9519958
I am! Leaving soon to go check into the hotel. It's my first time at this con, but I'll be competing in the cosplay contest so fingers crossed it'll be nicely managed
>>
>>9521010
My theory is that since Texas is so big and there's basically at least one con every month, cosplayers can go to only Texas cons and never really see the amazing stuff you would at other cons. They have no point of reference because they only see the same old same old Texas cosplays. If they saw some of the stuff running around at something like DragonCon for example, I don't think they'd be as high and mighty. And I don't mean just look at it online, I mean when you see some of that shit in person and see how great the quality is, it really let's you know where you stand (unfortunately speaking from experience).
>>
>>9521128
Ah yeah anon, that makes sense. Like they get starstruck by Yaya/Alyson Tabbitha but if someone local at the same con outdoes their costume they immediately get defensive and butthurt because they thought they were the "best" there judging by ig/fb posts.
>>
>>9521091
Afest is in like two months.

I think you're thinking of Anime Austin.
>>
>>9521207
Shit you're right, my bad I just woke up when I wrote that
>>
>>9521128
I completely agree with this
>>
>>9521138
A-kon dropped the ball with their cosplay guests this year I think. They stuck all but Yaya in to the back of the AA so the aisles were blocked off even more by the people hanging out at their booths to chit chat.

All weekend I never saw Kamui at her table only Alyson, Ani-Mia & Byndo Gehk. To be honest though only Alyson really seemed like she made sense as a guest out of the ones I saw, the others were basic and unimpressive.
>>
File: IMG_5144.jpg (161KB, 1236x463px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5144.jpg
161KB, 1236x463px
>>9521516
>>
>>9521525
Thanks for the random schedule? I wasnt hating just said i didnt get to see her myself lol
>>
File: say_peace.jpg (721KB, 1532x1079px) Image search: [Google]
say_peace.jpg
721KB, 1532x1079px
>>9518466
You guys are talking about that big boss mexican? I have a story for you, cuz I know him.

>Gf knew him from school
>She introduced him by accident to MGS by telling him that MGS3 was on 3DS.
>Started making fun of him for shits and giggles, don't remember what I was telling him but I moved on from that
>2-3 years later, me and my girl bump into him at A-kon 28,
>he asks my girl "Is this Anon?", she nods
>Nigger fucking runs away like lightning like the coward he is
>End up asking him if we could meet back cuz I "wanna make peace with him"
>Guy feels super-nervous, I just tell him I don't even remember what I told you, don't take it wrong, it was all just teasing, yatta yatta...
>My girl ends up taking a pic of him and I shaking hands
>Pic related is what I ended up photoshoping and sending him on Skype the next day though my gf's skype.

I feel accomplished.
>>
>final day of Akon
>go into game room
>see cute blonde girl playing Titanfall 2
>wanted to say something but was too tired and shy
>walked out and got a coffee from Starbucks instead
>come back
>shes gone
Fuck this low self esteem
>>
To the anon who was claiming that the Anatole was "trashing" A-Kon's rep, please look at the trashed hotel room photos on the Facebook group. The Anatole did not trash A-Kon's rep. A-Kon trashes its own rep. I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up moving again in a few years.
>>
>>9521753
He's really sweet, but just doesn't get it with women. So much so that there's a fair amount that refuse to do photoshoots with him because he tends to be overbearing about anime or whatever, like what >>9518408 said. He's way too into Neptunia and KLK especially.
>>
>>9522001
Seconding the awkward with women part. He's not a bad guy and relatively good looking but just genuinely doesn't know how to talk with people.
>dressed as lucina sitting nearby, he compliments me and starts talking about neptunia
>cool dude I like neptunia too
>he stutters and does his best to ask respectfully for a picture holding me up for a smash bros crossover while he was snake
>say no because tights on under dress and this was back before the L pedo guy was arrested so I didn't want anymore people trying to take bridal style pics
>he genuinely looks upset that he even asked
>starts freaking out "I don't want you to think I'm a creep"
>tell him it's chill, I just don't want to take a picture in that pose
>he has his head in his hands while apologizing profusely
>feel kind of bad for him, dude i'm not offended
>friend has enough and tells him to shut up, he looks mortified
>skedaddle away while he looks like he wants to off himself
>>
File: 1497246660647.gif (948KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1497246660647.gif
948KB, 200x200px
Anime Austin now.
>>
>>9522226
I'm sure he probably does. He's probably totally unaware of what he's doing wrong. All that being said, your friend is sort of an asshole for handling it that way, no offense.
>>
>>9522226
Sounds like a /v/irgin alright. Poor dude. Probably just needs a wingman.
>>
>>9522226
10/10 would salute
>>
>>9522001
I've heard this as well. He'll reach out to them about pictures and they don't bother to reply. Someone just needs to set him straight and tell him why they won't work with him.
>>
>>9522226
>Got peeved at him once for wanting to get the same kind of pic.
>Dude legit got SO ANGRY that I said no.
>Would not leave me alone until my friend basically told him to fuck off.
>Two other dudes nearby came over and said if he gives us more problems they'll step in.
>Came back to apologize, but at that point I was done.

Ran into him a couple more times, but thankfully he never recognizes me.
Don't think he's a bad dude, just VERY socially awkward.
>>
>>9521753
>>9522001
>>9522226
>>9522676

This is why I just don't talk to ugly people at conventions. I don't mean you don't look like a supermodel, but I absolutely do NOT even interact with people who look like nerds. If you don't even have enough common sense to dress and groom yourself, you're obviously going to be a social retard.
>>
>>9522695
I'm with you. I'm fine with people taking pictures of my cosplay, but if they want to have some kind of conversation that I'm obviously not interested in having with them, I just try to brush them off and leave ASAP.
>>
Does anyone have any creepy messages from him or know anyone who has any?
>>
Is A-Kon the biggest con we have? I know wizards world is coming in November to Austin, is that bigger? Gene Simmons will attract normies probably
>>
>>9523106
If you're comparing A-Kon to comic conventions when it comes to size you're a retard. Most of the popular comic cons in the state like Fan Expo Dallas and Alamo City Comic bring in 70-100k. A-Kon hasn't even clipped 40K. A lot more normies care about overpriced comic cons than weeb shows.

Austin Wizard World is a massive shit show that brings in a trickle amount as people despise that show. Sadly, it is the only comic con in Austin. They've had great guests before but no one wants to pay an assload to get in. RTX and PAX bring in substantially more people than Wizard World.
>>
>>9517622
That's sad, usually anime hell is pretty entertaining.
>>
>>9518194
They had on the fucking schedule 'Hentai After Dark" or something along those lines with an 18+ marker next to it?
>>
>>9522226
That L dude got in trouble? I remember him trying to get me to take one of those bridal style pics for him and I saw the girl freak out in his arms and cover herself. I didn't really take a picture.
>>
>>9521010
>Why are most texas anime/game cosplayers such entitled cunts despite their cosplays barely being above average.
Because the internet gives them attention.
>>
>>9523364
He apparently got banned from the con but we'll see if that sticks
>>
File: IMG_1253.jpg (267KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1253.jpg
267KB, 750x1334px
>>9522828
I actually know (or knew) this guy pretty well
One of my best friends used to be roommates with him and she would text me everytime he would have some dumb bullshit going on but thats unrelated to the time i hung out with him at A-kon

I'm not sure how he got into our friend crew but i think he started inviting himself around because of all our mutual interest in Wrestling, but he would hang out in our room and drink our shit, get drunk and talk about "all the bitches that broke his heart" and how "he's looking for a molly'd out slut at the rave"
I figured he was an alright dude because we liked the same stuff but as the weekend went on it got worse
>>
>>9530072
The Mexican guy or the furfag? That sounds more like the furfag to me. I don't think the other guy drinks at all.
>>
Anyone driving from Austin or nearby to AX? I'm looking for someone who I could pay to bring my cosplay along with them since it's too big for me to bring on the plane I'm taking.
>>
>>9530114
More than likely the furfag
Source: I went to art class with the Mexican and never heard a peep about wrestling from him. Just vidya and anime. He isn't the type to go to raves either
>>
>>9530135
Do you have any noteworthy stories from art class?
>>
File: IMG_20150905_021229.jpg (2MB, 2306x2883px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150905_021229.jpg
2MB, 2306x2883px
>>9517985
>>9518466
>>9518408
>>9518466
>>9522001

I come back to this thread after a while and I see people are talking about my ex. How interesting

Yes. I made the mistake of dating this fucker. He's extremely abusive, and raised his loosely-balled fist at me at a MGS meetup after 8 months of being with him. He honestly has massive anger management issues, has hit on underage cosplayers right in front of my face, and a slew of other things. I've heard he's gotten really skittish since I put my foot down rather than taking all that bullshit, but good. I'd rather have him be skittish of a girl standing up to whatever he's gonna do rather than actually going through with any perverted shit he used to do (at least that I think he used to do).

Picture of him when I met him, by the way.
>>
>>9530152
>was the "shit artist" in class
>he had sonic OCs and quote NC jokes
>would beat himself over his class art
>felt bad and talked about vidya with
>still keep in touch on Skype
Overall somewhere on the spectrum but harmless

>>9532870
Really? Well I knew him before I introduced MGS to him, so never seem him anger. Please tell more.
>>
>>9530152
I know he went to a photoshop class at the same college with an acquaintance of mine. He makes nendoroid "comics" like this. Again, more of the fucking weird Ryuko/Big Boss bs.
>>
>>9532884
He's managed to kick his bumper inside out when his car had a minor breakdown. I was fucking there and I was so scared. He even impulsively approached me like he wanted to hit me, but then he pulled back and gave me these fake-ass puppy eyes like he always did. I think he figured out that he could emotionally manipulate me pretty easily at the time, but I'm happy I'm out of that relationship.

I heard he got banned from AM for at least a year after he tried to hit me, and he made some whiny facebook post in April claiming he just "didn't want to go back" to AM this year. Sure, he didn't want to go back, but he totally didn't mention the part about he got fucking banned lol
>>
>>9532907
Ex here to comment. My favorite edgy photoshop of his.

I laugh at this, but then I remember actually being face to face with him actually being this pissed, and being pissed after he claimed he had a ""vision"" that I was cheating on him with a girl of all things (he's incredibly "catholic" and only dates straight girls, me being one, as well), for some reason.

I really don't want anyone else to go through what I experienced. A lot of people don't say anything regarding him because he can easily be seen as a pushover. However, it's really easy for that facade to disappear, and I don't want anyone else to have to deal with that. I just want more people to be aware of his awful behavior.
>>
>>9532911
>>9532920

>Catholic
>violent/rage
>bad with people
Is he a virgin? That would explain his virgin rage caused by pent up testosterone
>>
>>9532963
Probably. He was too scared to even kiss me more than like twice during that entire relationship. Even then, they were just pecks, I couldn't get him even to go any further than that.

fucking coward lmao
>>
>>9519729
Thank you for the link, I'm going to add her to my Patreon support list. I like her art now hat I've seen it, and I think it's hilarious how entitled the whining artists in this thread are.
>>
>>9533033
Oh man, her Patreon. This is a pure and kind soul. I really haven't seen anyone like this in the illustration community. You see a lot of people like this in the music community but never with illustration artists.
>>
>>9521753
I just love how uncomfortable he looks holy shit

g o l d
>>
>>9523364
He got arrested at A-kon this year for touching a minor on Thursday iirc. Either way he's gotten pretty infamous in Texas thanks to people outing him in the facebook group.
>>
>>9532870
>>9532911
>>9532920
>>9532993

Please tell us you have more
>>
>>9535090
I do know that after we broke up, I chose not to go visit my friend for my own safety, since he was actually trying to stalk me. I ended up getting a restraining order on him through my college, so he couldn't come see me directly (I live on campus). However, I never said I wasn't going to go visit, and when my friends weren't home, their security cameras caught his truck pulling up in their driveway. He sat their for fifteen minutes, and then peeked in their windows as best he could for ten minutes.

Fucking scary, I'm happy I didn't go visit. Even if they were home, the dad's a retired colonel so he would've kicked my ex's ass, for sure.
>>
>>9535142
>>9532911
Lol, I remember seeing the post(s) about how he wasn't going and he had a bad time or something. He never seems to have a problem letting everyone know but always gets mad when people ask him to go into detail.
>>
>>9535157
He made multiple posts? Holy shit I'm dead

Literally the worst part of the situation is that I used to have a friend who ended up defending him just to attempt to ride his dick, to be honest. She's a 2/10 unironically, though, so that obviously never happened lmao

I didn't want to lose a friend that way, but that ended up being the case. She was also way too invested in our relationship, to the point of "shipping us" and all that shit.

Don't do that with real people. Just don't. She was super obsessive and it fucking scared me after a while.
>>
>>9535158
Yeah, I don't think it was more than two. One in the A-Kon group(maybe both general and cosplay), and maybe A-Fest's group

Yeah, that's honestly fucking disgusting
>>
>>9535161
Is he going back to Afest? I met him there, so I wouldn't be too surprised if he would be too traumatized to return lol

I also only saw the post via a friend's post on his personal page. No details their either. Just said, "As much as I'd love to go back to AM, for certain reasons I don't want to return".

More like you can't lmaooo
>>
>>9535172
Probably. I think I saw him there last year. Who knows?
>>
>>9535173
Honestly, I thought he was over it all (and that ex-friend too) until both of them saw a picture of me float around somehow on their feeds in February. The ex made a post about it, and my ex-friend literally posted a word salad about how triggered she was by seeing my face.

I'm also especially mad at her still not for what she did to me, but she didn't even want to be my friend in the first place, and faked it to get free room and food at Afest and Anime Matsuri both. She manipulated my friends in the end, and I find that pathetic, really.
>>
>>9532907
>>9517985
What the fuck? Of all the ships, why is this one so autistic? Is he self inserting?
>>
>>9535180
Oh yeah, and when I dated him, I could tell. He begged me to dress as Ryuko from the get-go. I told him that I only cosplay characters I'm super passionate about and he had a literal meltdown about it, and kept asking regardless.

Again, he's super pathetic.
>>
>>9535184
If he wasn't so obsessive about virtual girls and waifus and maybe broke himself out of his religious shell, he could probably get that pent up shit out and be a normal human fucking being and get some jfc
>>
>>9535188
And if he could also stop being so obsessed with his waifus and stop going after underage girls who dress as them at conventions, or use his box to "accidentally" peek at girls' panties, he wouldn't be seen as a fucking creep, either.
>>
>>9535190
>"accidentally" peek at girls panties
>haha snake is doing le baka hentai thing i saw in an anime once xd

Yeah no, Snake is about as "perverted" as any other man, and it's played out like a Bond film, not some stupid delusional weeaboo fantasy. At least they're smooth about getting women, even if it's for the sake of the plot.

Maybe if everyone was in on the joke and he was being ironic, then ok, but even that has limits. Don't make perv Snake your "thing," you asshat.
>>
File: IMG_z4botv.jpg (143KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_z4botv.jpg
143KB, 1024x576px
>>9535241
Idk how he hasn't made it to some sort of cosplay cringe compilation video or whatever. He's just prime for being the star of one of those, honestly.

Pic related, this is the meetup he tried to attack me at. I was the Otacon present.
>>
>>9515381
wholesome fort worthian post
>>
a-anyone going to delta h con...? first time going and don't really know what to expect
>>
Anyone going to Anime CTX in August?
>>
>>9535241
>Don't make perv Snake your "thing," you asshat.
If I ever catch him doing this shit I am going to make a huge scene and embarrass him so bad security will show up and he won't ever be allowed in another convention again. Fuck fuckers like this.
>>
>>9535549
I've been the past couple years. It's tiny and comfy for meeting people. The hotel is great because everything is in one place but it doesn't feel crowded. I usually day drink and have a great time. If you are in Houston and want to hang out for a day then go
>>
>>9535957
He'll literally cry like a five year old if you do it. Obviously it's all crocodile tears tho.

I encourage you to do this, for sure. I think he's going to A-fest, so I'm sure you'll find him there.
>>
>>9535549
>>9536033
I know some lolitas are going, they're in the TX discord server if you want to check it out and maybe make friends with them. From what I hear, it's a small con so don't expect much, but pretty chill in general.
>>
Stefan needs to stop posting every 5 seconds that he is waiting for his panels for SJ to be approved. Is he that in denial that they got rejected?
>>
>>9546758
They did get rejected and now he's posting about that 24/7
>>
>>9550705
so is there a cow thread about him yet? or what
>>
>>9550705
This is my first time coming to cgl in literal months because I wanted to see what the latest talk of Texas was (I'm out of the loop recently).
And fuck did seeing this first make me smile.
>>
>>9550739
He thinks it's a conspiracy against him
>>
anyone excited for animefest? its my first time volunteering for a con so im pretty excited about that. i wonder what it's like tho i guess the department plays a big role in that.
>>
>>9550950
Afest was the first con I ever volunteered for. I ended up on "security" but really I was just the info desk. This was like 10 years ago but that experience kept me interested in volunteering.

I'm looking forward to the Arina Tanemura and YoI panels. I can only go Saturday & Sunday so I hope they schedule most of them those days
>>
>>9550871
With sj staff, it just may be. They are full of vendetta.
>>
>>9552656
lol don't encourage Stefan. He's a shitty presenter so of course someone else's panel would be more appealing and worth the approval. I wonder if he's still going to kiss Dave's ass after this.
>>
>>9552025
It seems like you enjoyed it, then? Their guests this year don't really appeal to me, but I like animefest for how chill and well run it is. With volunteering I'm just worried about how much free time I'll actually have haha.
>>
>>9552729
>I wonder if he's still going to kiss Dave's ass after this.

Easy yes. 10 years going and if people havent pearned yet that sucking up to Dave does zero good it aint my fault. Best way to handle Dave is to boss his stupid beta ass around. He is a total pushover, but if you suck up to him, he fucks you over every time he has a chance. Dave will steal the hair off your butt if you dont stop him.
>>
>>9552729
As much as I hate him, this year's panel list is pretty lackluster. Do we really need two body positivity panels and a draw your Waifu panel?
>>
>>9552860
>draw your Waifu panel

What the fuck is this shit. I bet the whole audience will be maximum cringe basement dwellers.
>>
>all these dfw cosplayers crying that they weren't noticed as much at anime expo
Kek step it up next time losers
>>
>>9553259
>Implying DFW is the Holy Grail of Texas cosplayers
>>
>>9553475
>context
Of course they aren't lol
>>
>>9552730
I did enjoy it. I was very busy for sure, but I let my staff head know what events I really cared about and they were able to schedule around me. I took morning shifts when most people were still asleep so my afternoons and evenings were free.
>>
Going to Pikafest tomorrow but was not able to go to Zicon, how was it?
>>
>>9553259
Really? Who?
>>
>>9552729
Especially considering the panel he submitted was hentaifest, which he frequently encourages public nudity at. Squiddy has been doing hentaifest at sj for so many years now they're not going to replace him with stefan
>>
>>9535184
>>9535178
>>9535158
I dont know any of you but you sound kinda "vendetta" like. Just state the facts. You seem to still be keeping track of him. Its like you are going down memory lane.
>>9532920
>>9532907
>>9532870
You want people to laugh at him. He looks better than most military cosplayers.
>>9522695
Yeah cause they look for any little thing to try and "humble" you. I dont need someone trying to find my weakness.
>>
>>9555224
He was great at Matsuri. Then again I was high as fuck.
>>
>>9556123
So, retarded via substances. No wonder.
>>
>>9555913
I am still naturally perturbed by the abuse and all the other shit that happened in my relationship, but I am stating facts. I only hear about him sparingly now from the ex-friends of his who live near him in DFW ever since he hit me with a closed fist at Anime Matsuri in 2016. I honestly thought that he had moved on from what happened after a while until this past April. Those posts I heard that he made saying he "didn't want to go back" clearly was him playing some sort of victim card. I never even raised my voice at him until after he hit me in the lobby of the Hilton. He was never a victim in the first place.

And oh yeah, he is a great cosplayer; it's no doubt he has a good amount of talent. However, that doesn't excuse his major anger issues, and I'm sure you're not trying to excuse it.
>>
>>9556123
lol I heard he was a total cringefest and made an ass out of himself at Matsuri so that explains why you enjoyed it. Personally, I could never enjoy watching hentai in the same room as a pedophile.
>>
1 day tickets to sj are $50 wtf
>>
>>9556742
It's really not worth that.
>>
>>9556742
>>9556991
>3 day pass is now $70
>that's Akon level prices

Fuuuck.
>>
>>9557019
>9557019▶
> >>9556742

$90 is $70?
>>
>>9556260
>He doesn't go to Hentaifest stoned
What's the point then
>>
>>9556742
I wonder what the jump in price is for.

>New and exciting guests?
Hell no

>interesting and informative panels?
Nope. Panels are cancelled last minute.

>bands and DJs that have been requested for 10 years?
Nah, just get some bands from Austin again.

>pay staff
Yeah fucking right
>>
>>9557305
There there salty-chan sorry someone salted your soiled panties because you can't get wet over lolis.
>>
>>9557033
A-Kon was $90 because it was 4 days calm down
>>
What's up with Anime Matsuri, are they half jew or something? They keep raising the prices for their passes but it doesn't seem to be any better than it was 2 or 3 years ago.
>>
>>9558276
i believe they are.
>>
>>9557347
>someone salted your soiled panties

Rich coming from someone that has had Dave's balls all over their face for so many years now.

Every time Dave does something to fuck over everybody, here you come running to defend it. You call everyone salty or vendetta for being frustrated with the shitty dealings.

Keep it up, you only drive more people away from the shitty con that penny pinches and cancels events.
>>
>>9558945
It is the same backhanded retorts salty mcsalty fat bitch. Ever notice that no one else chimes in? You can go ahead to cry more tears on your lonely island.
Thread posts: 340
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.