[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dokomi Aftermath

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: dokomi.png (98KB, 727x589px) Image search: [Google]
dokomi.png
98KB, 727x589px
Let't talk about the Dokomi
>>
>>9509854
Why not start the discussion, OP?

The Dokomi organization was a complete trainwreck in my opinion. The parking and situation at the entrance was simply a desaster.
I'm not even talking about the uncomfortable empty grey halls here.

Again the best thing about Dokomi is hanging around at Nordpark with friends.
>>
>>9510316
Yeah, the halls really were a bummer. It just felt off.
Also, it was kidn of too big this time? I wasn't talking as much with friends because we tried to see everything.
>>
>>9509854
How was the Dokomi Ball? I heard it was a trainwreck, more like a birthday party for children
>>
>>9509854
It annoyed me that they had like 10times the same chinese taobao reseller shop in the merchant hall.

Like, they're praising themselves that they don't allow replicas in any form, yet there was only ONE booth selling eg authentic alpaccas. There was only ONE booth selling authentic Japanese fashion etc.

Also, I heard a lot of bad things about the artist alley, where there had about 500artists literally all making the same resin art
>>
>>9510973
All the fake shit was so annoying. I was very surprised so many artist sold fanart, I thought this was frowned up?
>>
>>9510973
I laughed so hard at that 'Harajuku' Corner with all the fake and cheap shit, yet the only shop that sold actual Harajuku Fashion was the Harajuku Closet from Hamburg
>>
>>9510977
It used to be but sadly nobody cares anymore
>>
>>9511289
I have no problem. I prefer fanart. OC a shit.
>>
>>9510949
>I heard it was a trainwreck, more like a birthday party for children
Tell me more...
>>
>>9510316
>The Dokomi organization was a complete trainwreck in my opinion

The organization around the entrance was really awful. Asked several different staff members where I could enter the fair with my press ticket, everyone said something else but didn't know shit.

But besides that I guess it was kind of...okay-ish?

>>9511113
>Harajuku Closet from Hamburg
Was it the booth between cloakroom/exit and entrance with mainly lolita stuff and the big BtssB emblem on the wall? Cause that was the only j-fashion booth I could find in fair hall 15. Also there was another small booth in or next to the artist alley with as far I could tell indie stuff and besides those two like 1-2 cloth racks here and there with 2nd hand stuff.

>>9511680

Second this.
>>
>>9511716
Yes that one! They also had a huge amount of acdc rag clothes and accessories with them.

I heard the bring and buy on Saturday had a good amount of decent lolita clothes
>>
>>9511985
There was some brand in the Bring&Buy, yes. I was honestly surprised people brought it, I don't think any of it sold.
>On the other hand I saw a girl weariung a dress like the one bveing sold on sunday
>>
Dokomi was shit this year. What's the point of all that space when it's totally empty?!

The dealers hall was disappointing with each stand selling the same crap. They didn't even fill half the hall everyone's luggage was rammed into the rest which looked totally unprofessional.

The artist alley was crammed to the brink, I get it wants to be the "western comiket" but at least give the tables more room from the table behind them. I saw people fighting over the floor space to fit their boxes in. Not to mention the quality like some artists were deviantart level selling trash.

What the fuck was with the other two halls?! One had an inflatable castle in and a ball pit. The workshops were tiny cramped spaces and finding the fucking stages was hell.

Don't even get me started on the "Japanese food court"
>>
>>9512090
I was among the dealers and it was hell, the spaces they gave us all where way too small. We just adjusted them to our likings, but not too much. Though I think no one checked the booths for their size.

I wish they'd.collaborate more with actual Japanese brands and not with all these Chinese replica sellers. If I want overpriced rip offs I can buy from syndromestore or spreepicky
>>
I'm fucking mad as hell that I actually bought a weekend ticket this year. The artist alley was the only good thing in terms of size, but you had to look for the good artists, nearly half of them were utter trash as some other anon already mentioned.

The halls were also empty as fuck and the whole feeling was off. Overpriced food as usual for the amount you get.

But what gets me off the most is that they're talking about not allowing sellers to sell bootlegs, and yet there was only one genuine figurine seller around. Fuck this - they couldn't even talk proper German.

I had fun in the Nordpark as every year though.

I know for a matter of fact that the people behind Dokomi browse /cgl/, so better take some notes from here.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.