[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Make your own anime convention

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

File: comiket-anime-cosplay-2[1].jpg (413KB, 1317x799px) Image search: [Google]
comiket-anime-cosplay-2[1].jpg
413KB, 1317x799px
Anyone have any fun ideas for anime conventions? share them here. here's some greentext to help you get started

>convention name
>convention venue (hotel, convention center,botanical garden, other)
>convention theme
>ideal age group for your convention
>panels/activities that might be at your convention
>guests you'd like to invite
>your convention cafe theme
>>
Anon if you wanna start your own con just be honest about that and don't make it a shit show like most cons in their first year
>>
>>9509250
anon pls, just let me daydream. I know I'd fuck it up.
>>
File: VsxiwWO.gif (957KB, 500x418px) Image search: [Google]
VsxiwWO.gif
957KB, 500x418px
>convention name
gullcon?
ideally i'd want to rent out a convention center. something with a lot of floor room and near a hotel.
>convention theme
general anime, leaning towards non-H-otaku shit (less loli more lolita.)
18+ unless you've got a chaperone.
AMV contest, cosplay gameshows, How-To/DIY panels
i dunno lol
kemonomimi meidos

im interested in what the rest of you guys would want in a con.
>>
I live in Dallas and DESU I'd love to have a Lolita convention out of the Gaylord Texan. It's totally gorgeous, there's plenty of space, and Grapevine already has a ton of amenities for events and stuff. It could be very classy, but with all the Texan-themed stuff within the center it would definitely be Texas-classy, something unique among conventions.

Also the Glass Cactus is rockin
>>
Are we talking dream cons or realistic ones that would make money? It's an unfortunate trend I've noticed, but since anime conventions have to make money, they have to market towards the largest possible audience. Which is why most anime conventions end up being a vaguely teen-oriented grab-bag of anime, manga, and other fandoms including superheroes, Western animation, webcomics, and TV shows. Even the anime part of it (panels, vendors, events) is always about the same popular shows that have been popular for years and appeal to the widest audience. I'd love to see more variety in the design of anime conventions but since a more niche, themed one would lose customers, I don't have much hope. Of course if we're talking our dream convention, without regards to if it would be successful, that's a different question.
>>
>>9509247
kami-con has a yearly panel called "jojos bizarre aerobics" that is a posing based aerobics class. Those people should be at every con.
>>
>convention name
Retro anime con?
small local con hotel
>convention theme
Retro anime
no one under 18 years old allowed.
since its a convention for older folks, themed drinks based on older animes, after dark panels, give VAs more "after dark" panels, panels for old shows, panels to help people discover "lost gems" (old anime that's great but didn't get much attention), talking about the history of the anime fandom (with some jokes about how weebs were back in the day), learn parapara, viewing room full of older stuff, cosplay contests,
Older anime VAs, paticularly Luara bailey. Vic thedickmangina will be banned from entry.
like a maid cafe, but everyone is dressed up like oldschool magical girls (who try to stay in character for shits and giggles)
>>
>>9509247

Alright guys total pipe dream bougie af looked into doing a mega meet like this and posted about it a while back but the price per person was fucking astronomical.

>convention name

Petticon. Because lolita puns.

>convention venue (hotel, convention
center,botanical garden, other)

The goddamn motherfucking Biltmore Estate in Asheville North Carolina. Look that shit up yooooo
>convention theme

obvi a lolita/jfash convention

NO FUCKING TEENAGERS HOW ABOUT THAT.

In all seriousness over 21 only because experiencing the Biltmore without drinking their wine is just a crime.

The obvious high tea and fashion show, brand panels/Q&As, swap meet...and I'd wanna book one of their flower arranging workshops. The Biltmore offers a lot activities, and simply taking the tour kills about 2 hours if I recall and it's gorgeous.

Non-lolita but lifestyle guests would be Prior Attire for a historical dressing demonstration, possibly Lucy Corsetry for a corseting panel. I'd also like musical guests; I think an opera performance/classical music performance would be cool as well as some cute, kitschy indie stuff. I like the band Wasted Wine; nobody's ever fucking heard of them outside of Dragoncon but they would put on a great show and their sound is really quirky.

As for actual lolita guests I'd like to get Tyler Willis and see if she could do a stand up hour. She could do some lolita history panels too but I'm here for the jokes. I like Princess Peachie, too, she seems like she would be a great guest. I wish Pixielocks still did lolita because she'd be a fun guest too. I'm actually loosely acquainted with Naoto-sama and based on our interactions he would be a great guest too. Lolita collective, a taobao reseller, Cherry motherfucking Cheezy...those guys would be in the vendors area for sure.

>your convention cafe theme.

Victorian maids.
>>
>>9509695
tl;dr extremely expensive and bougie 2 day jfash con in a historic mansion that would never fucking happen
>>
>>9509363
From someone who runs a con you've hit it on the head. Hard.

It is about casting the widest net possible to generate the most revenue possible then keeping expenses in check within budget.

The vast majority of people who lurk on cgl think they know what it takes to run a great con but they have no idea in the slighest how to pull it off. Cons run by fans without any sense on how to lead or how to talk to businesses will spectaculously sink.

I'm sorry princesses but your ultra expensive ideas along with the high cost guests from Japan aren't going to pay the bills. Live in your dream worlds because that's all it'll be as a fantasy that'll never happen.
>>
>>9509363
this thread is about dream conventions of course. a thread about realistic conventions would be boring as all hell.
>>
File: okita-salute.jpg (59KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
okita-salute.jpg
59KB, 1280x720px
>>9509657
I'd go
>>
I just wish the US had more small fandom-specific events or art markets like Japan and other South East Asian countries. Hell they even have events for specific pairings. I would rather take the time to drive or fly close to do stuff for the specific things I love rather than a big generic thing where I might run into a fan or two. The only thing that works that way in the US is Brony cons.
>>
I've always dreamed of running a small con centered around Magical Girls/Mahou Shoujo
I think it's a big enough genre with a cool history to have a small convention around
>>
>>9509695
oh, this sounds like a total dream weekend.
frills, friends and pretty much living like a princess for a few days--mansion and all.

thanks, anon. you've given me something to fantasize about for the next week or so.
>>
I'm lazy as fuck but here are my crap suggestions

>convention name
J-Fest
Convention Center with aircon
>convention theme
Japanese pop-culture, anime/manga/games/etc
16-35
Cosplay dress up studio where you get put into good quality cosplay, make up and get to take photos
VA's of classic anime and popular modern shows.
Yuri on Ice
>>
File: datviewtho.jpg (215KB, 850x563px) Image search: [Google]
datviewtho.jpg
215KB, 850x563px
>>9509766
Oh we're not done. I ran out of characters because I'm terrible and write blog entries for posts.

There's a few amazing restaurants/pubs on the property. As well as the option of doing high tea at the Library Lounge, so food options are endless.

There's an old fashioned toy shop and an old fashioned confectionary. And honestly you can have fun just walking around the property with friends, touring the gardens, doing carriage rides if you feel like it...

Like honestly if I were rich enough to do this I would. Like I would lose money on this idgaf it'd be so fun. Difficult to plan. Expensive as all get out. But so, so fun.

You can also stay on the property. It's pretty steep though. Pic related is the Inn. Just look at that view.

*sigh*

I will get married there, though probably. And it'll be a gothic lolita wedding, in October obviously, so I'll kinda get my wish in a way.
>>
>convention name
Don't have a good name. Maybe CartoonCon?

Convention center

>convention theme
A convention for fans of children's shows that have gained adult fans. Also include a space for other fandoms that have trouble finding a home at "mainstream" conventions.

A split between people who love cartoons and parents who watch shows with their children.

Mostly fandom panels

People who work on currently popular children's shows. Also popular web animators/cartoonists and people who create fan content for their fandom.

Probably just a cosplay café, maybe themed by something popular per day?

More or less it's a convention for all the fandoms that feel a little out of place at comic conventions or anime conventions. Fandoms that are viewed as "childish" by the mainstream. Fandoms like Voltron, Stephen Universe, Adventure Time, Undertale, etc. I guess we could let Homestuck have some space as well. I'd also like an adult-only zone for adult-themed cartoons like Rick and Morty and Family Guy.
>>
File: 1489548926295.jpg (10KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1489548926295.jpg
10KB, 240x240px
>>9509840
>cartoon con
>undertale

You lost me.
>>
>>9509695
Yes please! This sounds like it would be such a high class event. Which would be such a lovely changed from the usual conventions.
>>
>convention name
Yokai-Con

>convention venue
Hotel to start with, move to con center once in becomes necessary.

>convention theme
Anime, modern and traditional Japanese culture, videogames. Mascots are some of the more well-known yokai, such as the kappa or tengu.

14 and up.

Anything concerning anime, Jap culture, or videogames. Western animation MAYBE. No comics or live action Western shit like Dr. Who or Supernatural.

A good mix of well and lesser known VAs, also professional panelists who know how to put on a good panel, academics who can speak about things like Jap culture on in-depth levels.

Crossdressing maids and butlers.
>>
>convention name
Oak City Double Day

Convention center+hotel in Raleigh (aka the City of Oaks)

>convention theme
The first day is video games, board games, comic books, and other western related stuff.
The second day is anime, manga, visual novels, and other Japanese related stuff.

All people under 18 either banned or not allowed after 7pm.

Board game demos, video game competitions, cosplay compilations, masquerades, free comic book events

preferably the event would be low-mid in size, so the guests would be B and C listers.

First day: some RPG related one, like a stereotypical D&D tavern
Second day: cosplay cafe with some unifying theme
>>
>>9509753
CA has cons dedicated to monster makeup, Yaoi, Toku and jpop
>>
>convention name
YoukaiCon
washington state convention center
>convention theme
touhou
21+
drinking in the dealers hall
Zun
alcoholism
>>
>>9509657
Feels a lot like ushicon which was fun af with the retro focus and 18+ rule.
More cons should do this honestly.
>>
>>9509881
Undertale and Homestuck have cartoony styles with large fanbases. Both are kind of childish in nature and don't have an fully accepting home at comic or anime conventions.

That's why I said I didn't have a good name. 4chan might call it CancerCon or CONtainment but I would prefer a little nicer of a name!
>>
>>9510222
I want to go to this con.
>>
>>9510948
Are you going to splurge on the ball bit this time around?
>>
>>9509247
>convention name
ShuffleCon
Hotel
>convention theme
Boardgames, D&D, & TCGs
16+
Ball Room full of tables and boardgames
People can learn, try, and buy games
Startups can playtest/advertise their game
Panels/Workshops on how to properly balance and playtest games, Learn to DM, How to go about mass production
Boardgame publishers and people who've made successful games
D&D tavern

I know a lot of cons have dedicated game rooms/sections, but a lot of times people ignore them or focus on other events.
What makes this different from your typical cardshop gathering? Just a way to have more games than your typical gamestore can have in stock, people to play them, and so new games can advertise themselves to people who'd be more likely to care and buy their products.
>>
>>9510948
>4chan might call it CancerCon or CONtainment
at least you know
>>
>convention name
OtakuLoveCon

Hotel and convention center

>convention theme
Otaku dating, Anime, Gaming, Japanese culture but mostly otaku dating

0-24 for females
no age limit for males

Otaku dating 101
How to get a con BF/GF panel
Singles night otaku rave
Otaku dating gameshow
Otaku singles hookup room

qt Japanese meidos
>>
>>9509247
>convention name
RPC (Role-Playing Con)
Preferably a hotel, as large cons tend to lose focus.
>convention theme
Tabletop gaming, TCG, LARPing, extend a bit onto video games.
13+
Creating your own game, current metas, competitions, starting up a group, running a game shop, how to make costumes, tabletop sessions, etc.
Mark Rosewater, James Wyatt, Satine Phoenix, Matt Mercer, Guy Sclanders, Johnathan Pruitt, Jim Davis, etc. I would want more POC and women as well, but I don't know many that are well known in tabletop gaming/TCG scene.
I don't know. Maybe a themed cafe for each day. High fantasy day 1, cyberpunk day 2, etc.
>>
File: 1203169873666.jpg (95KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1203169873666.jpg
95KB, 1024x768px
>>9512941
>0-24 girl age limit
>>
>>9512941
Need I even explain why this sounds terrible?
>>
>>9513075
How is it a terrible idea? It's a con where it's almost guaranteed that you'll get a bf/gf or get laid.
>>
>>9513075
It's just bait
>>
>>9513075
Explain.
>>
>>9513111
>>9513112
>>9513120
It seems like a good idea on the surface. But, once you get to the ideal age, it's fucked up. So, any guy can come in and try to get some pussy and find a girlfriend, but girls above 24 are discouraged from going? No age minimum, just an age maximum for girls. Also, a hookup room is a legal and sanitation nightmare. And their idea of a guest is Japanese maids? No one to actually assist in the dating aspect of the event?
>>
>>9512941
i hope you're into yaoi because this con would be a sausage fest with restrictions on women

there's a reason why normie watering holes have benefits to women to get them to come in (no cover charge at nightclubs for women, cheaper drinks, cut the line, etc)
>>
>>9511088
You'll be happy to know there are a lot of dedicated card/boardgame/tabletop cons now!
https://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Game_Conventions
The big new one this year is PAX Unplugged.
>>
>convention name
Pinkon or something equally gay

Large convention center with a decent amount of surrounding hotels

>convention theme
Fashion, Jfash and weeb shit in general

18+, maybe lower

-how to wear full rick and not look like a complete gimp
-fashion industry general stuff (including Jfash, which would be quite interesting as I'm not aware of any cons that get these folk in.)
-live music

-a long list of industry professionals and designers, some groovy musicians

ninja goth

alternatively a convention based fully on soundcloud rap: cloutcon
>>
>>9513639
>alternatively a convention based fully on soundcloud rap: cloutcon

I can see it now, people begging others to listen to their music
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.