[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Colossalcon thread, post-con exhaustion edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 16

File: RIP brah.png (1MB, 609x903px) Image search: [Google]
RIP brah.png
1MB, 609x903px
Old one is in auto-sage.
>>9502392

Discuss, post photos, the usual.

>How was everyone's con?
>Meet any new people?
>Get any cool stuff from dealers or AA?
And of course-
>Planning on hitting up Colossal East in September?
>>
>>9508920
>How was the con?
Its been a long time since I went to a con, brought cosplay and never wore it..10/10 tho would go again if I can afford it
>Meet any new people?
Actually yes! but mostly mutual friends of mine
AA was awesome, hope everyone sold a lot of their stuff
This is actually a really bad time for East Coast because we already have DragonCon and AWA in Sept
>>
>>9508920
Had a great time, barely got around to cosplaying, spent a lot of time with friends and in the waterpark. I'm exhausted but it feels like even nearly 5 days of con was not enough to do everything I wanted to. I hope Colossal East is good but I don't want to travel that far.
>>
>How was everyone's con?

My first con outside of Michigan. I thought it was good, although if I go next year I'd definitely consider staying at the actual Kalahari, since getting to/from was a pain, even with a short drive.

The convention did feel really crowded. Never recalled Youmacon feeling that cramped at either of its' previous locations.

>Meet any new people?

Yes. Met some people through my friends who also attended, and met some other people in the rhythm game community. One of them was also at the friday meetup (and I actually played against them in the DDR tournament.)

No.

8 hour drive... I have severe doubts. Next large one for me is probably Youmacon.

Would I go back again next year? Probably will.
>>
>>9508935

Plus that's the first weekend a lot of colleges are in session. I'm hoping they change weekends for 2018 - want to go but the liver can't handle dcon and colossal back to back.
>>
File: 0605171751.jpg (3MB, 4656x2620px) Image search: [Google]
0605171751.jpg
3MB, 4656x2620px
My idolm@ster collection grows yet again, got all this at the con.
>>
File: IMG_6432.jpg (151KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6432.jpg
151KB, 640x480px
>How was everyone's con?
Overall pretty good! Regretting not cosplaying, but now I know for next time.Saw so many boring/mediocre panels that I'm feeling inspired to start presenting them myself.
>Meet any new people?
Yep, got contact info from one girl.
Didn't find anything in the AA that interested me, but found a few in the dealers.
Possibly? Probably not though.
>>
>>9509143
I cringe at how much you must have spent with the markups I saw, but I'm glad to see the iM@S love spreading, especially original iM@S.
>>
File: 1469920207361.png (341KB, 599x694px) Image search: [Google]
1469920207361.png
341KB, 599x694px
>>9509385
How much do you think I spent? Also my friend got me into the series and I've been in love with it since.
>>
>How was everyone's con?
I've been going since 2011, and this was one of my better years. Went into the indoor water park for the first time this year and I'm living for the hot tub bar. I find it's all about who you spend the weekend with because let's be honest, the actual con is pretty mediocre in most areas. If it wasn't at Kalahari no one would go lmao

>Meet any new people?
A couple friends of friends that were roomies. Pretty cool chicks.

All I bought was a Dia Kurosawa figure. I don't tend to buy much at Colossal usually. The AA was pretty high quality this year tho and I wish I had more space on my walls/I wasn't broke from ACen so I could've bought some stuff from there.

Noooope. We looked into the location when they first announced it because we were curious and it's even worse at being out in bufu with nothing around it than the Ohio Kalahari. No thanks. The only others I'm planning this year are Otakon and Youmacon.
>>
>>9509510
Probably at least $150? And yay Project Fairy!! We need more original 765 fans
>>
>>9509540
Close, I'm pretty sure it was $132. Also Hibiki is one of my favorite idols.
>>
Why does colossalcon host Vic Mignogna year after year?
>>
File: 1490539591227.png (311KB, 483x647px) Image search: [Google]
1490539591227.png
311KB, 483x647px
>How was everyone's con?
I had a fantastic time. Danced, drank, gamed, kissed a bunch of hot chicks and fucked my roommate for the weekend

>Meet any new people?
I liked my roommate a lot; gonna keep seeing her. A lot of my other mates were new to me as well
Got some sweet art prints, my 2B one getting destroyed

Also got a chun li keychain, a Reimu keychain and BoTW Link keychain

Nah
>>
>>9509638
Because 99% of people just want to see cool guests and don't care about drama.
>>
>How was everyone's con?
A blast, it was my first one and it was nonstop fun!
>Meet any new people?
Met some people I follow on Instagram, my roommates were cool, mostly it was just me hanging out with my boyfriend and our other friends. Oh, I met xForts at the Jojo shoot on Saturday and that was pretty cool
I was in both a collective total of 20 minutes, but I got a Cosmo Con button at the craft fair and a Stardust Crusader OVA cel print. I almost got a King of the Hill storyboard but decided to save my money.
Meh, I technically have a room but I don't really know anyone going so I'd rather just save for other conventions. My friends and I are planning for next year, and we wanna try to hit up Cedar Point the day before.
>>
>>9509673
Are you hot?
>>
I have been going to colossal for six years now and I think I'm going hang up my sword now when it comes to this con. The only reason for me to go is to see long distance friends. I don't drink hard any more, 80% of the cosplays are meh teir, most of the time people are so blasted they dont even attend meets, within recent years staff has largely given up and there is bearly any structure to the con. I might go to East, in their year two but... yeah I think I might be hang up my sword on this one.
>>
File: IMG_6429_02.jpg (3MB, 1933x5012px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6429_02.jpg
3MB, 1933x5012px
I was at this as Felix in a swimsuit. Some people told me about this place. I should have gone to the meetup ;-;
>>
CON WAS GREAT I AM DEAD
>>
>>9508991
COME
It's in my neighborhood and I we have a lot planned
>>
>>9509951
Loserrr
>>
>How was everyone's con?
I had a blast, my feet are killing me though. That concrete floor in the waterpark tears up my soles
>Meet any new people?
Yeah, a few. Mostly caught up with old friends
A shiny foam Master Sword, a Rei figure, and...
a fidget spinner because I'm the worst.
I definitely want to, it'll be my birthday weekend
>>
>How was everyone's con?
Good. Lots of drinking and goofing off. Everyone loved my cosplays
>Meet any new people?
No, I need another post to even go in to that
Jojo stuff for friends.
I would like to but no time or money for it.
>>
>>9509759

I was the other big black funky kong
>>
The savings. This is for a prize figure.
>>
Lots of good sexy women in skimpy outfits. That was nice.
>>
>>9509957
You were the cute boy! I wanted to ask your number but I was too shy! I got your photo and I am so happy!
>>
File: tumblr_n13pwycrMt1rgptwko4_500.gif (1019KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n13pwycrMt1rgptwko4_500.gif
1019KB, 500x280px
Good to hear everyone had fun!

>>9510002
Ohio Colossal is usually a week away from my birthday weekend. If we have a /cgl/ meetup at east and I can make it, I'll bring you a birthday cupcake, lol.

>>9509965
Colossal tends to do that to people. I wish you a speedy recovery from death.

>>9509957
You look cute!

>>9509951
I understand how you feel to a degree- though for different reasons. I've been going since 2010 and I loved the con and the location, but the attendance boom in 2013 has made it a bit too crowded for comfort, even relaxing in the hot tub bar has become a bit of a challenge. I'm looking forward to East though, and maybe you should try it if you're able and willing to make the trip.
>recent years staff has largely given up and there is bearly any structure to the con
From a staff standpoint, this year was actually the smoothest yet from what I hear. Colossal's not really intended to be a strictly structured con, but if that's not your thing I can understand.

>>9509638
He's popular with the younger crowd. I'm not a fan, but it's not like the con can just not invite him because of internet chatter. He may be obnoxious but he's not a criminal or liability.

>>9509253
>Saw so many boring/mediocre panels that I'm feeling inspired to start presenting them myself.
Please do! Submissions were really lacking this year. That's the downside of Colossal's location, there's just so much to do, people seemingly lack incentive to submit panels.

>>9508991
Colossal does seem to go by super fast. Last year I brought 4 cosplays and only briefly got to wear 1.

You should try to make it to East if you can. The drive will be worth it. I used to travel 7-8 hours to Colossal and some other cons.

>>9508935
>>9509086
Yeah, I have some friends I've been trying to convince, but they've been doing D*con for years and aren't willing to make 2 huge trips 2 weekends in a row. I'd love for East to happen during August instead, but there's probably a reason they chose Sept.
>>
File: Nevermore Cospray.jpg (72KB, 696x960px) Image search: [Google]
Nevermore Cospray.jpg
72KB, 696x960px
>>9508920

>How was everyone's con?
I've been going since it started 10 years ago. This was easily the least stressful as I didn't really compete.
>Meet any new people?
A good bit actually
Very possible
>>
>>9509574
That's actually not terrible. You could probably get all those for around $100-110 with shipping online so I'm glad you didn't get scalped out of your mind on the Yukiho.
>>
>>9508920
>How was everyone's con?
This was my first one. Didn't finish two costumes in time (my Hifumi wig got messed up and my Mikuru needed repairs i couldn't get to), but the waterpark is a real blast. Didn't leave the Kalahari until Monday afternoon, and am now at a lakehouse with some friends for the remainder of this week and part of next. Best weekend of the past 5 years for me.
>Meet any new people?
Yeah! Mostly via mutuals but it's good to meet them.
No, spent too much money so i skipped on the vendors this time
I doubt attendance will be as strong so i'm still up in the air
>>
>>9510177
>Submissions were really lacking this year.

still salty the toonami panel wasn't there. anyone know yet who did that one? toonami and adult swimm videos.
>>
>>9509957
This shit is not cute, at least wear makeup next time.
>>
>>9509638
I watched him get pelted by a dodge ball it was so satisfying.
>>
File: IMG_6507.jpg (1MB, 3456x5184px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6507.jpg
1MB, 3456x5184px
>>9510194
Got some shots of you, anon
>>
File: IMG_6509.jpg (951KB, 5184x3456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6509.jpg
951KB, 5184x3456px
>>9510194
>>9510558
>>
>>9510194
Psst. It started 15 years ago in 2002. There was two Colossalcon's in 2003 hence the Colossalcon #16. Completely different experience back in those days. It's been like, 8 years at the Kalahari tho?

>How was everyone's con?
Fucking blast. Didn't do artist alley this year. Chilled, hung out, ran my usual events and did two panels.
>Meet any new people?
Lots of new people! IDK how people always talk about having a hard time making new friends at conventions as old-timers. I make them left and right. Colossal brought out a lot of new ones this year. Had an overall great time. A+++++
Not much in Dealers, but got a few prints in AA, and some goodies from Sweet Mildred. Got some AP jewelry in the flea market. Bought Rosette Collection special set in the last minute lolita swap meet for a good price.
I should be there. My store's inventory is literally the day before I'd have to leave so I should be ok to go.

My goal is to have to remake my cosplay before then because it will be too fucking huge on me. My pants were already falling off and I had to keep pulling them up despite the belt and that was only one month of progress.
>>
>>9510559
>>9510558
Thanks buddy! I was dying with that thing outside haha.
>>
>>9510587
No you're correct, I remember back when it was somewhere outside Cleveland a good maybe 4 years before the Kalahari? So maybe I've lost my mind.
>>
>>9510201
The yukiho was actually for $60. I know its not the best pricing source but it was on Amazon for $53. So not bad at all, most expensive thing I got though.
>>
>>9510486 why
>>
>>9510699
Figurefag here, can confirm $60 is about right.
Mandarake has her for around 5000-6000 yen so that plus the $10-20 shipping means you got a nice find.
>tfw was on plane from Japan during this convention
>what is the point of scouring conventions for figures anymore, this is a painful redpill
>>
>>9510624
Yep it moved around Cleveland a lot. You might've been remembering the Independence days. Ohayocon used to be there too at one point.

There was that swingers club there and there were always problems with old creepy dudes hitting on young girls in cosplay.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1496887667354.jpg (76KB, 1083x720px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1496887667354.jpg
76KB, 1083x720px
>>9509673
Ayyy

>>How was everyone's con?
Fucking sweet

>>Meet any new people?
Saw OtherKong and a couple of other seagulls. Wish I met the fucker who was rude to me 2 threads ago. I'm hard to miss so I'm pretty sure he avoided me.

Partied with a bunch of new people and cute girls. Tried party drugs for the first time.

>>Get any cool stuff from dealers or AA?
Nope.

>>Planning on hitting up Colossal East in September?
Probably not, too far and I am skeptical about going to a con on its first year, even if colossal is in the name.
>>
>>9509951
What do you expect? This is a 100% normie con.
>>
>>9511782
It has become worse since 2013.
>>
>>9511782
>>9512307
What's wrong with the con being filled with normies? That means less homestuck peeps and meme spewers running around. Sure I can't talk niche anime with them but at least they won't act like splurglords around me
>>
>>9512336
>fewer meme spewers
did we go to the same con? one guys idea of a costume was making a fidget spinner out of pool floaties.
>>
>>9512336
Colossalcon is literally memecon what con did you go to. I think the bigger the con the more memey it becomes because of trend exposure.
>>
>How was everyone's con?
i was there for less than 24 hours but had a great time. the after hours waterpark was so fun. the bar was a nightmare which i would have predrank. but 10/10 so much fun. outdoors in day was so much fun too.
>Meet any new people?
tons of instagram friends I hadnt met irl
yesss they had great overwatch prints and buttons
Initially I jumped at it but a plane ticket is 300$ and then I have to somehow make a plane safe cosplay. idk
>>
File: bruh.jpg (20KB, 312x353px) Image search: [Google]
bruh.jpg
20KB, 312x353px
>>9511775
normies leave reeeeeee
>paying for a kalahari drink
>...party drugs
>>
>>9512336
Lol homestuck scene is dead, normie outed
>>
>>9513153
:^)
>>
So This year's Colossal was fuckin' hype. I had a great time! I loved running In Character again, Masquerade was fantastic as FUCK, and I got to meet a lot of people face to face for the first time from online communities and they were all fantastic~

>How was everyone's con?
>Meet any new people?
I did! It was good times

I bought a snorlax plush in Dealers and that was it.

Nope

>>9510066
Holy hell did you buy that in dealers?! I bought the same fig like 2 yrs ago for 40%
>>
>>9511782
>>9512336

How dare people with interests the same as you enjoy drinking and socializing off anime image boards.
>>
>>9513878
RRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 1491861278552.jpg (145KB, 900x711px) Image search: [Google]
1491861278552.jpg
145KB, 900x711px
First Colossalcon ever and I must say that it was pretty fucking fun.

>Found a room at the Kalihari last minute and roomed with some pretty chill dudes
>Made a bunch of cool friends in the arcade and watched a dope ass DDR tournament
>Went to the /cgl/ meetup and met the nicest ppl ever (ate some delicious british candy too!!)
>Raved all 3 nights and got to chill with the DJs
>Met and hung out with W.T. Snacks who I was convinced was like dead or something
>Chilled with a couple of cool peeps at like 4 am
>Saw some hot as fuck cosplayers and even got inspiration to try my own
>Met a hentai artist at the waterpark
>Lit ass party in room 6000 whatever
>Bought a fuckton of cheapass manga at the Otaku flea market

I'd say this was a pretty rockin con. Next time I end up in the Kalihari, I need to get more fucked up desu
>>
>>9508920
>How was everyone's con?
It was okay. I didn't cosplay this year, and I had to deal with a roomie/friend being super annoying and low-key dramatic. I went to bed early on Friday since my cramps hit bad, but other than that, I had a pretty good time. All my other roomies were chill as fuck and it was fun.

>Meet any new people?
About 75% of my room were randos, and they were all cool af.

I got a cute kitty baseball hat thing, but other than that I mostly sold stuff. I made like 3K from selling off the rest of my figure collection at the flea market, which was nice.

Not sure, but probably not. Colossal is usually the only con I plan on hitting until I get a better job.
>>
>>9513757
thank you for almost causing me to drown to death sempai
>>
>>9510699
Just visiting this thread, but I do have some iM@S figs I'm looking to sell if you're interested in more from the 765 line
>>
>>9514647
Are they Miki?
>>
>>9514828
No, mostly Makoto and some petit Chihaya/HIbiki
>>
File: C_tjFQfV0AA7Igz.jpg (70KB, 500x645px) Image search: [Google]
C_tjFQfV0AA7Igz.jpg
70KB, 500x645px
>>9515047
Hey this is the guy you responded to, can you post pics of the hibiki and makoto with a price?
>>
>>9513757
Fucking right?! i got my stray cat as a gift but my boy got it for like $30.
>>
>All those Dragon Maid cosplay.
>Wasn't able to fuck a single one of them.

What a waste of a weekend.
>>
>>9509957
Felix is cute. Cute!
>>
>>9514172
Wtf WT snacks is alive and goes to colossal? How do I find this man
>>
>Con was 2 weeks ago.
>Still tired, hung over and have no idea what the fuck to do anymore.

I miss you guys ;_;
>>
>>9510469
Her name is Caitie Bolton
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.