[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Armageddon General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 1

Wellygeddon is over. Armageddon general.

Outside mainstage went extremely well.
>>
They moved the contest inside right? What do you guys think of the results? :)
>>
>>9508469
I'm so impressed with the calibre of entrants this year! The new faces especially
>>
I missed this year any one got pictures? what were the cosplay highlights
>>
>>9508469
Lol it only moved because the roof of the mainstage literally collapsed from the rain.

For the best it moved to inside to be honest, id have felt awful for those competing.
>>
>>9508625
They made the decision to move it a while before the stage awning broke - the organisers said they were worried about the worsening weather damaging people's costumes.
>>
can someone explain to me why wrestling gets a prime spot to be obnoxious and in the way every year despite being a miniscule draw to the convention? do they sponsor or something?
>>
>>9508666
Ridiculous I know. On that note can someone explain to me what the petition is actually about (props ban), can't really get clarification from anyone
>>
>>9509022
I want to know too. Some random person puts this petition up yet I haven't heard a word from armageddon about it
>>
>>9508632
Stage broke before doors opened so it was right before the first panel they moved the whole thing. It wasnt based on worry dude
>>
>>9509022
Someones prop wasnt aloud in and then they had a cry.
>>
>>9509022
Probably a parent who saw airsoft guns complained and "thought of the children"
>>
>>9509244
There was a good comment by one of the people on security. They had to be more strict as the crowd at welly can be more compressed. Sharp or hard props that could accidentally injure someone in a crowd were banned I believe. Makes sense.
>>
Who were the non main winners for Wellington ? I can't find a list
>>
>>9509355
It was very valid to make those decisions. People need to chill, it's safety after all
>>
APG has the full contest up on youtube for those who missed it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQHRvBiFpao

people are a bit pissed though cos the ice girl that got a technical had already entered and won a prize at the sevens
>>
>>9509882
Also it was an original character too, which isn't allowed? Very frustrating.
>>
>>9509882
Whoever the camera person is for APG needs work, like have you actually done this before or are you just giving it a go. Tauranga was shocking camerawise
>>
>>9509916
And it was a hot mess
>>
I feel so bad for all the contestants doing skits. It can't have been easy to have been messed about with all the stage changes, and then end up with such a small amount of room.
>>
>>9510304
You couldn't hear a lot of them either if you were not close
>>
>>9510360
Such a shame, I really enjoyed the skits myself too.
>>
>>9510227
I haven't seen their Tga vid yet, but the set up of the main stage did not make for very good photo angles, less so for camera angles.
>>
>>9509304
I gotta say, the airsoft guys really do a good job with all the effort they put in
>>
>>9510809
Airsoft guys have more proper gun handling than most and they have fun at conventions. Germs from kids probably risk more danger to a convention than them.
>>
What are people's complaints about the cosplay comp?
>>
>>9511509
Nothing major, I felt she isn't that detail focused though. No big drama
>>
>>9511509
I've heard no seam flipping? Construction based though?

Also, OCs are in now?
>>
There was seam flipping at Wellington.
>>
>>9514897
either way a private chat got created about it though, the judging I mean
>>
>>9514897
I heard there was some with some entrants but not so much others. Maybe she just wasn't used to it yet and is starting to get the swing of things now. If I'm going to be honest though I haven't been completely agreeing with some of her choices of winners just based off what I've seen construction-wise. But that's just my opinion.
>>
>>9515476
I agree anon. I agree with the best in show winners, but I was surprised with someof her other choices. I guess she's looking for different things then our previous ones. Being a stage designer it doesn't matter as much if things are sloppy.
>>
>>9515856
I agree with best in shows so far too. I just don't agree with the best solos I have seen at Tauranga and Wellington. Both were unfinished and clearly rushed. They would probably deserve a technical, but there were other costumes I would say we're a lot more deserving of those prizes, in particular Gigahorse's Morrigan. That costume was stunning.
>>
>>9515994
And Rouge Diva's Arwin too
>>
>>9515994
Did gigahorse win anything? Her cosplay was fucking amazing.
>>
>>9516231
A technical
>>
>>9515994
I suppose its what they typed in their application, must have appealed to the judge more than the actual costume
>>
>>9515856
It seems to me like she's awarding based on the number of different techniques/materials used as opposed to just one thing being finished to a high standard.
>>
>>9516410
I would have to agree. It seems your choice of fabrics seems to be way higher up on the list now
>>
>>9518732
I get this to some extent but if the costume itself isn't made too well but there's a diverse range of fabrics and techniques I don't really think it should be getting an award in a construction based competition. I much prefer solid execution.
>>
Was there anyone from Taurageddon or Wellygeddon a bunch of people are surprised didn't win anything?
>>
>>9521156
not really. I think the costumes that deserved prizes got them. But I agree with anon here >>9515994 in terms of being iffy on the best solos. Feels like a crime Gigahorse didn't place higher, her costume was breath taking.
>>
>>9521156
don't really agree with the Novice award to be honest. I thought the AC cosplay should've won
>>
>>9521156
for TGA I mean
>>
who's started on their Auckgeddon cosplays already, or in fact are halfway through perhaps?
>>
>>9525127
I wish I was halfway through (haven't started)
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.