[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ConnectiCon thread.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: CTCon-XV-Logo.png (273KB, 1500x500px) Image search: [Google]
CTCon-XV-Logo.png
273KB, 1500x500px
About a month away...

Who's going, what are you wearing, and what are you hyped for?
>>
CTcon is closed due to AIDS
>>
I used to go (years ago) and stopped because the way they organized the reg line got awful, and because the staff started getting snotty and pushy as years progressed. Also one year there were like a million dr. who panels and almost nothing else.

Lol a staffer walked right by a flat chested girl dressed as Yoko in a very skimpy bikini to tell my busty friend dressed as Yoko in a full coverage bra to change. Really solidified my decision to not come back for a few years. I'm interested to hear if it's gotten better.
>>
>>9507726
Not at all. It's my home con but I think this may be my last year at least for a little while. They've closed off more and more over the years to the point you can't even walk down the outdoor stairs without needing a badge. The artist alley is slowly withering away because of the high prices for a table and being put towards the end of the dealer's room. Unless the guests and main events are for you, it isn't worth it.
>>
>>9505904
I'm going, but I'm wary like other people have said-- the direction the staff have taken the con has felt rather downhill, and despite my group of friends and I being able to enjoy ourselves regardless of much of the circumstances of last year (the "rave" at that shady ass bar with the disgusting bathrooms and non congoers was... NOT fun) we managed to have a good time.

That being said, I've been going for almost 9 years now-- CTCon is my home con. It feels terrible to watch it turn into what it is now, and I keep wishing every year something good will change, but it seems like the staff (or some of them) are stubborn with their ways.

I kept seeing a lot of unnecessary backlash from Daigle about the dance and he seems to want to transform the con into tabletop con-- I go for cosplay, and for friends, but it's been disappointing to watch the dealer's and artist alley areas dwindle in size and the badge price hike up every year...

Regardless, I plan on doing some Star Wars / Zelda cosplay.
>>
>>9508487
>>9507927
>>9507726
From what I've heard, if they pulled an ides of march on the guy spearheading the con a lot of problems would be solved.
Last year was a mixed bag: the "new convention center owners" need to get their shit together this year because trying to block off the stairs/ changing the hours/nixing late night was a bad idea. There's a food truck festival happening concurrently so at least the shitty con food problem is solved. Death Match and other old reliables (amv contest, superartfight, movies everyone disagrees with you on) are still gems, but I haven't really found any new panels I liked. Then again, I'm not exactly a panel person. I love cosplaying and meeting other cosplayers and the con is still kinda great for that; the cosplay hub/help center is really nice and I wish it was a little more centrally located.
I personally miss 2013 when they turned the Marriott into a third main events room for guest panels. I feel like we all need to accept the fact that convention dances were never good and drew in some pretty skeevy people to begin with. It's just somehow gotten worse.
The line was absolutely awful, I wasn't personally affected because I always go Thursday night, but CTCon has had a history of computer issues for YEARS. They should have this figured out by now. I'm also hoping enough people complained about the pre-reg separation that never happened that they fix something there. Even if they make it like a fast-pass line, just do something.
As for the dealers room/aa, it's gotten larger? I'm not sure where you would think otherwise? 10 years ago it was a small nook in the corner. AA is also great on having a few unique tables. I know (since I ordered from there) Soandsew should have some interesting things this year, and last year I found a booth with nerdy cross-stitching that I hope comes back.
>>
>>9508735
Throwing it in a separate post because I kinda word-vomited:
This year I'm planning on doing a Bioshock group for the weekend (possibly just two of us....does that count as a group). I'm mad at myself because I've been planning something REALLY COOL for the past year and life happened instead and now it probably won't be done for the con this year.
>>
>>9508735
I think what star wars OP meant in regard to the artist's alley is in comparison to more recent years. The prices for having a booth there has allegedly gone up since the con has a new organizer. I've never had my own booth so idk how true that is/how much the price has risen.

As for me, I'll be going this year, but if the way this con has been run lately doesn't improve, I'm not so sure if I'll want to be spending my money here anymore. Daigle especially has been kind of obnoxious to talk to on any topic that mentions even touching his precious 2 AM Tabletop room

On the positive side, I'm looking forward to the Death Match as always, the masq even if there is cringe and maybe meeting a couple guests.

I'll be cosplaying some Ace Attorney and The Adventure Zone and hoping for the best (Until 9 PM when everything shuts down early)
>>
>>9508735
>if they pulled an ides of march on the guy spearheading the con a lot of problems would be solved.
Sadly, they can't, as it's a corporation in his name, so unless he passes the torch, we're stuck. He obviously doesn't give a shit about the con, but clearly there's issues with the rest of the staff as well.
I'm going, because it's a local con where I'll see tons of friends from college and stuff and I don't have to shell out for a hotel room. Nothing about the con itself is appealing whatsoever.
Getting rid of nighttime programming sucks, but their programming also kind of sucks in general. I only care about one guest so far (Claudia Gray, author of Star Wars novels). The panels are always the same boring "Intro to XYZ" stuff.
I think Convivial is stupid and is obviously not very successful. As I said in the NE thread, nobody goes to a con to go to some shitty downtown Hartford bar. They'd probably be better off if they could get the hotel to set up a con-only bar area in one of their con rooms (the L Bar is kind of small, iirc, probably not enough room) so people don't have to leave and wander through downtown to wherever the hell they're holding Convivial. If CTCon wants to be a decent con for the 21+ crowd, it needs to have better accessibility to booze.
So... I'm going, but not particularly enthusiastic about it, lol. Cosplaying Rey with my bf and our friend as Kylo and Hux.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.