[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AnimeNEXT New Jersey 2017

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 150
Thread images: 14

File: animenext2016coversm.jpg (244KB, 939x1200px) Image search: [Google]
animenext2016coversm.jpg
244KB, 939x1200px
So who here's going to NJ con?

I like the indoor AC last year, less mud.
Atlantic City has never been my fave, but at least they have salt water taffy.
>>
>>9502673

I'll be there with my group, got a room at the Sharton. Will likely be a party room if we find cool people.
>>
>>9502673
Since Atlantic City is basically a ghost town it's really nice to have the entire city to yourself for a convention. I had a good time last year.
>>
>>9503519

Yeah, some friends went last year and they said it was really fun. Weebs having all of AC to themselves right by the boardwalk/beach is pretty cool.
>>
Had a nice time last year; i'm sure this year will be even better.
>>
>>9502673
I'm so nervous because this is going to be the first con I've ever gone to. Since my sister and I decided only last week to go I'm thinking about throwing together a quick Kobayashi cosplay.
>>
>>9504321
It's okay Anon, you'll be fine
I'm also trying to throw together a last minute closet Lucoa cosplay.
>>
>>9504362
Do it! I plan to do Kobayashi because I'm hoping all the sexy dragons and maids will want to take pictures with me.
>>
Anyone who went last year know how crowded the beach becomes with /cgl/s and other con goers?
>>
>>9504321
>>9504476
Yesss do the Kobayashi! If you can't find a wig there will prob be vendors at the con.

A few peeps went and did small group shoots on the beach that I know of. I don't remember ever peeking and seeing a crowd. Most I think were chilling at the convention center since it's veryyy spacious. But man beach is great for desert/ocean/sports.... just a great back ground for shots!

Last year they had the jitney set up to get over near the hotel strip in a few drop off pts. Only every got crowded during con close so it's perfect for a hop over to the boardwalk.

I'm still debating what to bring for cosplay, it has to be something I can work in too.
>>
Hey gulls, I'm looking for one more roommate for Bally's. Including me, we have five people so far, staying from Thursday to Sunday; if we get one more, it'll be $99 per person plus a security deposit that's split into $17 for each that will be returned when the con is over.

Our sixth person dropped out so we're trying our best to look for a replacement, email me if you're interested!
>>
speaking of hotels, are there any somewhat cheap ones still available?
>>
>>9504321
Don't worry, it's a very relaxed and friendly con. People are pretty sociable and nice from my experience, so no need to worry about asking for pictures/having pictures taken of you (if you do finish your cosplay that is). The convention center is extremely spacious too, so there'll be enough space to rest if needed. When you get there just find the reg/pre-reg line, get your badge, and then you're free to do whatever you want for the rest of the weekend.
>>
Hows the jfashion scene at ANNJ? I usually just cosplay but I'm curious as I've never been to this con before.
>>
>>9505423
Last year was chill as fuck. I hope it doesn't get TOO popular.
>>
>>9505423
Will do! I'm counting down the days.
>>
Speaking of tickets/registration/pre-reg:

For people who were there last year (and for those who weren't, I think the anime next site should have a map of the building), they're moving everything regarding badges and badge pick up to Hall C. I think that was the big empty room that held the very back of the line for registration, but don't quote me on that.

Also on another note, anyone worried about transportation should check out the shuttle lists. For Friday-Sunday there will be free shuttles to take people to/from their hotels to the center which is pretty awesome if everything runs on time.
>>
thank god for their fuckup yesterday or I wouldnt have gotten the 3 day, probably only gonna go 2 days though since I've never gone to this before. going by myself too so heres hoping its fun
>>
I'm praying that a few cosplayers and other people in the scene get stupid, go someplace they shouldn't go, and get shot.

There are some real cunts out there that deserve it.
>>
>>9506185
>go someplace they shouldn't go
Like where? Asking for a friend of a friend
>>
>>9506185
>Patterson: Not Even Once
>>
>>9506274
Literally anywhere not the con. lol

I'm Black, and not a bitch, so I feel comfortable most anywhere. But I went last year, and walking from the con all the way to the W was legit nerve wracking.

I saw a lot of people I don't like last year, hopefully I see them again this year for the last time.
>>
>>9506185
Want to give some names?
>>
>>9506526
>want to give some names
More than anything.

But I won't.
>>
>>9506478
oh, i got the hotel right next to the con center so that doesnt matter to me
>>
Are there any official hours as to when it ends on Sunday? trying to judge what time I should book the return trip
>>
>>9503499

with that being said anyone know if theres gonna be some kind of after party at ballys or whatever?
>>
>>9506478

oh geez where did you walk by? thinking of walking by the shopping area from the con, where the zumiez, Adidas and other shops are. wondering if thats the safest way to the hotels by the shore
>>
would it be a good idea to just find a group, talk with them and start walking around with them?
>>
>>9508457
Depends on the group and yourself. Aside from the obvious fact of wanting to avoid huge spergs or people that just send out red flags, some groups like having others tag along and others don't. My group doesn't mind it, since we generally see/find people we've met before and catch up a bit. Rule of thumb would be to ask "Hey, is it cool if I tag along for a bit?" after chatting them up and see how they respond, since some people might like to stick to themselves instead.
>>
>>9508457
just do the convention by yourself, its what im doing. unless you find a group of cosplayers from the same series as you at which point its up to you
>>
4 days till the con and still no schedule. whew.

>>9508457
go up to cosplayers and talk about them. cosplayers love talking about themselves. but if you can find a group to talk and walk with then do it, anext has a pretty friendly scene.
>>
Schedule is finally up
>>
>>9508195
4:30 pm
>>
Whats the deal with the hall cosplay contest? is that held in a big room where we go on stage or is it really done in the hall? First time going so I don't know much
>>
Anyone know a good 18+ club on the boardwalk by ballys? Looking for something after the con closes on Friday and Saturday
>>
>>9509710
The judging is done inside a room with the judges (obvs) and a few other staff persons to check you in and take your photo. That's when you have the time to talk about your costume, construction, etc. When you're done with that, they take your picture and then they ask you if you're interested in going on stage for a walk-on during the masquerade, if you are then they'll add you to the list and give you the details of where to go and when and if you're not interested then you'll find out if you placed on anything during the masquerade in which case you're gonna have to find a way to get on stage to get your prize if you got something or just wait after the show, go back stage and get your stuff then.
>>
I'm driving 2 hours down there for Saturday. They events going til 2am! How hard would it be to find a place to stay in case I'm too tired to make it back home?
>>
File: eba_full.jpg (7KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
eba_full.jpg
7KB, 184x184px
>>9510585
not hard but enjoy paying out the ass for a hotel. its what im doing though because im too much of an indecisive faggot and waited until the last second to do everything and now I pay the price
>>
>>9508455
If youre anywhere near the really nice shops/stores on the main drag you're fine. If you travel further than 4 or so blocks in any direction away your chance of being approached by shady individuals increases exponentially.
>>
heads up, if you show your badge to the jitney shuttles you can ride for free
>>
>>9509777
thanks for the info!
>>
>>9502673
Haven't been to this con in a few years. Is there a merch swap at this one?
>>
how does animenext compare to other big anime cons like ax, otakon and the like
>>
File: oblivion dust.jpg (495KB, 709x1008px) Image search: [Google]
oblivion dust.jpg
495KB, 709x1008px
Go the concert, you won't be disappointed.
>>
Just got the news that my friends are going down to AC without me but had the nerve to tell me I should "head down by myself" and they're only going to go for the Smash Bros. tourney.

I've done cons alone before, and wanted to kill myself each time, not going to do this shit again.
>>
Pretty hyped to drive down to AC
>>
Headed down in a few hours coming from Philly. So under prepared for this con, that is my own fault though. Hope all of you have a good time, I'm not sure if I'm coming to a meetup if it happens, too damn old.
>>
>>9513312

Thanks famalam

>>9513183

Goddamn, why even go for the smash tourney, its honestly shit organization wise, theres plenty of better tourneys in nj

Im already at the line, is it both pre reg and paying for the day/weekend?
>>
What is everyone doing right now?
>>
def thred
>>
File: 1496647145148.png (860KB, 887x1097px) Image search: [Google]
1496647145148.png
860KB, 887x1097px
>Inferno cop exclusive episode
>>
>>9513837

Was in there for that as well. Were you displaying?
>>
>>9513887
If you meant cosplaying I was, but I took off my hat & horns. Didn't wanna get in the way of the screen as I was basically right in front of it.

I was a Lucoa from Maidragon, are you cosplaying?
>>
>>9513582
Frantically packing.
>>
>>9513919

I wasn't cosplaying not this time. I'm probably going to wander the con till 12:30am. I don't have anything in particular to do. I may have a big drunk guy with me.

I'm wearing a gray sleeveless with khaki pants and black sneakers. Might hit the hentai screening for shits and giggles.
>>
>>9514068
Im probably gonna be wandering around as well, might hit up the rave as well.
If you see probably the only male Lucoa here feel free to say hi
>>
>>9514100

Ill be on the lookout. I'm going to be bouncing between karaoke and dance
>>
rave line's long
>>
>>9514143
good sign?
>>
Rejoice! EMCP isn't going this year, because no one will book him due to his creepy/stalker reputation.
>>
>>9506478
Hope u get shot like a pig
>>
Guys who ditched me to go to the melee tourney got BTFO because they didn't even have Melee there.
>>
>>9514160

Yeah , rave was so good.
>>
>>9514217

I played melee here but I'm if they had a tourney.

Anyway I'm planning on lining up to the little witch academia panel early. I have on a black/white shirt, khakis, black sneakers, Brown hair, black glasses. I might be with friends idk.
>>
File: IMG_2849.jpg (973KB, 2576x1932px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2849.jpg
973KB, 2576x1932px
Hi
>>
>>9514336
What time is everyone lining up for Trigger?
>>
>>9514383
Ill be getting to the line pretty soon
>>
>>9514394
>2 hours early
Welp I guess I'll go check out the line
>>
I'm going to the relife panel. Can you guys send me a spot if anyone is lining up.
>>
>>9514449
For trigger I mean.
>>
>>9514453
You better hurry back. Things starting to get tense for a "line"
>>
File: 1496975826948.png (532KB, 704x623px) Image search: [Google]
1496975826948.png
532KB, 704x623px
>This trigger line
>>
>>9514502
Don't sit down, its a fire hazard.
>>
File: 20170610_125614.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170610_125614.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
In the witch panel now.
>>
File: IMG_20170610_125920.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170610_125920.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>9514541
Hi friend
>>
File: totalbiscuitlul.jpg (146KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
totalbiscuitlul.jpg
146KB, 600x600px
So apparently Adam Wright got kicked out of the con by some attention whore

dis gonna be good
>>
>>9515015
Details onegaishimasu!!!!!
>>
File: asdfaga.png (42KB, 564x458px) Image search: [Google]
asdfaga.png
42KB, 564x458px
>>9515023

Only tidbits so far..
>>
Yo lucoa guy. Its guy from trigger witch panel. You trying to hang out and drink? I can provide some alachol. Feel free to bring friends. This goes to any others as well.
>>
>>9515015

Can i have some context on who he is and why I should eat up some juicy drama?
>>
>>9515025
Snitches get stitches.
>>
File: IMG_1195.png (176KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1195.png
176KB, 600x450px
Man this animenext has been a blast, a complete polar opposite of last year for me, made so many new con friends, went out to the beach with some people and danced a shit ton during the rave and also that unofficial dance party in the lobby. Shit is so cash, cant wait to head to the rave tonight
>>
>>9515084
Too bad Adam Wright isn't going to have as good a time as you. Lol
>>
>>9515098

Or the floor, if it breaks again.
>>
>>9515156
Hater.
>>
>>9515
>>9515041
O tuck in at th Rav trunk as fuck seg my
>>
>>9515246

I'm assuming you posted this before I ran into you. Shame I had to go. Would have loved to party with you man. Maybe next year. Unless a miracle happens I'm turning in for the night
>>
>>9515156
No he doesnt
>>
>>9502673
AN is meh.
>>
I had an awesome time this year, much better than last year imo. Bigger turn out, the Dealer's Room had better stock I'd say, and was asked for some selfies by some qts as well. Now I'm super tempted to go to Otakon.
>>
>>9515268
Yeah I did haha, I definitely would have been down to chill and drink, but when we met up it was basically the end of the night for me as well. If you come next year I'll be there as well!
>>
How did everyone enjoy the con this year?
I went last year and thought the scenery/area was beautiful but the con itself had room to grow, but it has a lot of potential. A little bummed I missed out this year and can't wait to hear everyone's highlights from it.
>>
Con was fun, but what the holy hell was up with the line for badges?
I got there at 3 and was in line for three hours just to get mine on friday. Thats like half a day shot.
Worse yet I invited a buddy who had never been to a con before and it was a hell of a first impression.
Also i was talking to a few panel people and they said the guy doing the scedualing was new and fucked things up, like 18+ stuff or ones that always run long in the middle of the day.

That said everything i did get a chance to do was fun, and everyone was great.
Got a great photo with some Shimoneta cosplayers, that made my weekend
>>
File: IMG_1945.jpg (2MB, 3772x2830px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1945.jpg
2MB, 3772x2830px
>>9516184

Loved it this year, went for 3 days instead of only Friday and i had a blast, made so many new con friends and did so much, in fact i dont think I attended a lot of panels i just hanged out whatever group i was with. Some highlights would be the cosplay chess game, i was guzma the king piece and it was pretty fun. The burlesque was hit and miss but good fun.Another highlight would be both raves on Friday and Saturday, though the Friday night was underwhelming and im pretty sure they were stalling for whatever reason but Saturday night overall was incredibly better than both friday or last years rave. A big push was also that guy john or josh edits with the speakers in the lobby, that was fun along with team skull taking over the con. Of course there were some bruises but that's expected. For once i dont think i have post con depression

Cant wait for next year, going as ssb vegeta, Joseph joestar or whatever and for the pokemon shoots scizor friday and whatever is hot from usm saturday. Cant wait for next year
>>
>>9516198

Yeah, i heard that shit was so fucked they had to stall for time on Saturday for the rave.

And im suprised at how relatively nice everyone is here, sometimes if you talk to people enough you'll end up joining their group
>>
>>9516184

Was only able to go on Saturday, but had a great time, everyone I talked to was nice and the crowds had a good energy. Some of the panels were a bit unprepared or mismanaged (some of the late night panels had huge lines for rooms that could only hold 100ish).

First time cosplay as well and quite a few people asked to take my picture, so that was nice a well.
>>
>>9515932

Facts, I would go if i didn't already spend a shit ton of money for an
>>
>>9516256
Yeah i was talking with the guy who runs the bad anime and subversive toons panels and he was saying the staff guy doing panels was new, which was why they were so messed up when it came to putting big panels in tiny rooms and putting things like "the horror of fanfiction mid-afternoon
>>
Anyone know why sunday is so short because I legitimately dont know why
>>
>>9516396
I regret leaving early. There were so many people
>>
>>9516396
Because they can't wave a wand and magically clean everything up for the next convention. THey need hours to pack and clear out that place.
>>
>>9516111

Yeah, I liked the con enough to go next year. See you there A

>>9516184

I enjoyed it alot, it has alot of panels I was personally interested in. 8/10 for me, its still growing.

>>9516209

If you were the guy in the middle I passed you a bunch of times, small world.

But yeah like I said above, pretty good con for me. Since Otakon moved to DC I don't feel like traveling all the way up there so I think I'm going to make AnimeNEXT my new once a year con.
>>
>>9516753

I'm actually the black Guzma and yeah I would go to otakon if I didn't already spend a boatload of money for this year or if I didn't already have an unclear schedule for school. I still might try to go next year If I don't decide to go to nycc.
>>
Does anyone know where Refractor Productions posts his photos? He gave me his card but his website hasn't been updated since 2013.
>>
>>9517418
That's his only site, and he never updates it. He's been photographing me every year since 2014, and I've asked about it, but he always says that he has a massive backlog of photos.
>>
>>9517449

He's jerking off to them, sorry.
>>
Someone I talked to waiting for food on the boardwalk said a Genji cosplayer tried to jump from the fourth floor of the convention center. Is this true?
>>
>>9517514

holy fuck that sounds scary, he would need some serious healing at that point

but in all seriousness I hope thats only a rumor, I don't want the con to have any negative press and the railings in the convention center have me worrying already
>>
>>9517514
Can confirm he did. He's supposedly better now and was roaming the con Sunday after it happened.
>>
How's everybody's (all 2 of you) post con depression and back into the mon-fri wage cuckery?
>>
>>9517578
Gtfo fuckboi
>>
Hi
>>
>>9517578

my guy its fine the secret is to keep on partying the whole 3 days till your whole body is sore
>>
Would anyone happen to recall the Pixiv tag of
the girl selling daki covers in artist alley? Thanks
>>
File: 1497146913819.jpg (18KB, 454x484px) Image search: [Google]
1497146913819.jpg
18KB, 454x484px
>>9517578
>Con Flu
>No one to talk about autismo anime with at office job
>Got into a fender bender yesterday
Oh well, only two weeks until AX anyway.
>>
Was pretty good but I was getting so sick of all the Overwatch & YoI in the AA. Also, was it just me or were a lot of the artist really mediocre? Some people probably shouldn't have even been there with their skill level. No wonder those tables were empty.
>>
>>9518182
I absolutely agree about the artists
>>
>>9518291
>>9518182
Thirded. Why would I pay 25+ bucks for some shit drawing I could do better than on my own? It's ridiculous.
>>
>>9518295
Yeah I saw someone selling 11x17s for $25 like are you shitting me. Their art wasn't even worth it.
I bought far less than I normally do cause the good stuff was so few and far between.
>>
>>9515015
>>9515025
Yeah heard some jessica Rabbit cosplayer who thought she was cosfamous accused him of taking panty shots of her while she was looking and security removed him from the con and banned him from coming back in. They didn't even ask him to show them his photos to prove he didn't do anything wrong.
>>
I have to say, coming back home in the middle of a heatwave makes me really appreciate a con in a beach town. The weather was so much nicer in Atlantic City than it is here.
>>
>>9518575
Between the weather, the parking, and the traffic (rather lack thereof) it was such a great experience. I only went on Saturday but my body was so sore the next day and I left at 10:30. How do people go so hard for 3 straight days?!
>>
Oh yeah, there was a guy at the LWA panel line that had a MAGA shirt that said "Make Anime Great Again" he told me he made it. If that guy is somehow reading this thread, can you post a picture of your shirt design again?
>>
>>9518733
Lack of traffic? Lucky you. For us, traffic was the worst part. (Aside from being sick all last week thanks to the 3 weeks of April weather.) It took us 6 hours to get there and 5 hours to get back for what's a 2.5 hour trip without traffic.

The fucking Goethels Bridge was closed on Saturday, and it took us 2 hours just to drive through Staten Island.

>>9518733
>How do people go so hard for 3 straight days?!

By going hard every day, so you're in shape.

According to the pedometer on my new phone, I walked 12 miles on Sunday, and that's not counting all the time I left my phone to charge and wandered through casinos.
>>
>>9518733
>>9518818
Though I should add that traffic in Atlantic City was really smooth, and getting from my hotel to the convention wasn't bad at all.

I was even able to find street parking nearby most of the time, which amazed me, because there was so little of it.
>>
>>9518575

this, Atlantic City might be a shithole with a ton of beggars, shady areas even on the boardwalk and only one area relatively safe for tourists, ballys to the convention center but damn was that breeze fucking good
>>
>>9520065
Much better than Somerset waiting on line for 3 hours in 103F weather. At least we got water bottles but I still would rather not go back to those days.
>>
>>9520065

>That saturday night heavy wind for those fortunate enough to be outside while it was happening.

I'm fat as fuck and that win almost took me away.
>>
File: 1479492035074.jpg (95KB, 680x666px) Image search: [Google]
1479492035074.jpg
95KB, 680x666px
>>9502673
I think I'm in the minority on this, but I have been going to Anime Next for quite a few years, I loved the previous two locations (I forget their names, but the campus type one in Somerset and that plaza-type place in Secaucus), the more "outdoorsy" feel really made it something unique at the last two places. I like the multiple buildings a lots of outside area you got with them, the more small town or suburban areas they were located at and that you could spend a lot of time out doors at them. It made it something special and different, and it was fun to be able to do outside stuff at a con in the summer. My friends and I went to it last year in Atlantic City and I thought everything about the new location sucked the life out of the convention. Atlantic City is such a depressing shithole, and the convention center and hotels being at the heart of this big, dingy, depressing dump really took away a lot of the life and fun. That along with it now being confined to one big, rather ugly and boring, convention center that kept you inside one big, drab building the whole time in such a shitty, downtrodden city, really killed the "kicking off the summer" con feel the other locations lent it, w had given it a lot of life and spirit, to me anyways. I decided not to go back this year because we really just did not enjoy it very much at all in the new location, and it lost a lot of Anime Next's unique charm with it. I'm honestly kinda sad to know I've probably lost this con, more or less, I really loved what it was at the last two spots. Ah well, just my opinion, I know a lot of people disagreed.
>>
>>9520478

I can understand that. I mean like Atlantic city isnt the best places in the world, hell there's probably better shore locations in jersey that outclasses ac by a long shot, but i dunno with this being my second year ive come to like the location we have, it might be shit but i like the boardwalk, the market by the convention center and the center itself along with the people at the con, really feels nice. Ac may be a shithole but its my shithole, just stay away from the ghetto

But this is coming from someone who's never been to the previous locations so i want to ask what were they like?
>>
>>9520494
I feel ya, man. Like I said, I'm sure a lot of people disagree.
As for the previous two locations, the most recent of the two I could best describe as something akin to a "campus," sorta like a college (to be clear, it wasn't at a college, it was a campus for conventions). It was very outdoorsy, and kinda near a very modest business district of a smaller town location. It consisted of several buildings spread out around the grounds, and a hotel on them, with several others nearby, like a Holiday Inn across the street, etc. There was an outdoor pool on the campus, fountains, lots of grass, greenery and trees, a stream running through it, plenty of "lawn" space. People did outdoors stuff like playing volleyball or swimming or sword fighting or whatever, which was cool. Parking was free, which was great, too, and there was a nice market nearby and some good restaurants with driving distance. Just a very pleasant location, especially for the beginning of summer.

(location 2 description incoming)
>>
>>9520494

>>9520526
(continued)

The one before that was in more of what I'd describe as a plaza. Again, there were several buildings (a few hotels and a convention center that was very "open" inside) in the plaza that they used for the convention stuff, and the plaza itself was a kinda of big circle, wit a bunch of restaurants and shops in it, which was very convenient. This was more of a "blacktop" kind of location outside, but there were still some gardens and such, too. The convention center was cool because they kind a just left the doors open and held the Rave/concerts, etc in it, and it was nice how you could walk in and out. Again, lot of people hanging out outside, easy parking, which was great, and it was in a quieter, more remote area. I remember one year my friends and I did an Air Gear cosplay there, and it was really a blast, because with all the blacktop, we were actually able to use real rollerblades, and had a lot of fun skating around; to give you an idea of the type of fun a location like that offered. Outdoorsy in a different way, but just as fun.

So anyways, I guess those last two locations gave Anime Next this very unique, "kicking off the summer, doing fun stuff outside" feel, and so Atlantic City just feels....like kinda a bummer compared to them, given what my expectations/what I'd come to love about this particular con were. Hope those descriptions were coherent enough and gave a good idea of wt I was trying to say.
>>
>>9518481
Well, that's what he gets for being a piece of shit.
>>
>>9520478

I get what you're saying, I went to AnimeNEXT in 2015 the last time it was at Somerset. It was a great outdoors con, I was dressed as bane and played Vollyball with a bunch of random cosplayers in hot as fuck weather. It was great.

I skipped 2016 and showed up here for 2017. It feels more like a traditional con and less outdoorsy. That isn't a bad thing for me, I wanted to see how this con went as an Otakon replacement for me as I will not be attending Otakon again due to the move. This con will be my Otakon replacement, its only going to grow.
>>
>>9521603
I got the same feeling. It's only going to get better every year.
>>
>>9521603

Yeah, id love to go to otakon but between this cons costs and how far d.c is ill probably just have to stick with an for a minute or make my final con a local con like in philly, north jersey or nyc
>>
Anon here. I was the one Djing the music at the "unofficial" After Party in the lobby on Saturday. hope you all enjoyed it :)
>>
>>9522822
I vaguely remember doing the Cotton Eye Joe at this one. Thank you Anon, it was very enjoyable.
>>
>>9522822

loved your shit man, like I enjoy the rave and I love edm but sometimes I just need a little house in my life man.

like I was fearing that Sunday would be a drag because there was no rave on Sunday and its my first time going all 3 days until you guys showed up. hope you guys come next year
>>
>>9522822
That was pretty awesome, thank you for doing that.

>>9522915
I got some pics of that dance on Sunday, but they're not good enough for me to want to post them here.
>>
>>9516184
Pretty fun! I just love the chill space, met some new cosplayer buddies. And man the weather was nice went to the beach too. Some things not running on time, but was very happy overall with concerts and dance!
>>
>>9521531
Maybe, but that sets a dangerous precedent for anyone to claim sexual harassment, despite proof saying otherwise. If someone said you grabbed someone's breasts and there was video proff you didn't, you'd want that shit to be shown.
>>
>>9525014
How exactly is there proof that he DIDN'T, though? Unless there were unbiased people with him the entire time to support his story? Any creep can take a picture and delete it after.
>>
>>9525023

>guilty until proven innocent

Not anon, but if the image was deleted, then it's as good as not having existed isn't it?
>>
>>9525023
You can't prove a negative.
>>
>>9525178

That's the issue. If Adam DID take a pic of someone's panties or harassed them for more photos or some shit, there would have been a LOT of time for Adam to switch memory cards or delete pics. Security is aware of that fact and so lack of evidence doesn't necessarily mean innocence. Especially if others were to corroborate the story even if it weren't true.
>>
>>9525775

I don't care to defend the guy specifically, but he paid the same money as this cosplayer to attend the event, and to be denied entry without evidence of wrongdoing is discrimination at the very least.

Polite sage for off -topic.
>>
>>9526409

Don't get me wrong I agree on that principle, but it's the sad fact of the matter since in a situation where one is accused, the words of a few can simply take over the lack of evidence. Especially if said evidence *can* be hidden.

Security isn't going to hold a trial. The easiest thing to do is remove Adam.
>>
>>9526726
And we all know con security is about doing what's easy over doing what's right.
Thread posts: 150
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.