[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why isn't Mermaid Kei a thing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_2622.jpg (75KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2622.jpg
75KB, 480x640px
Think of like a soft cute deco look with water related stuff. I was looking at Cult Party Kei stuff the other day and thought "why don't we have this, but with mermaids?"
I'm talking about a J-fashion inspired look not some stupid seapunk shit.
>>
>>9501733
because it's a dumb idea.
>>
>>9501733
stupid
>>
>>9501733
I think as a whole style, it's too specialized a thing but I think you could make mermaid and ocean inspired coordinates in lots of different j-fashion styles, especially shiro nuri.
>>
The mermaid trend is forced and normies are ruining it.
>>
>>9501748
>The mermaid trend is forced and normies are ruining it.
Explain
>>
>>9501733
Because that would fall under Hama Kei.
>>
>>9501747
See, I'm just not sure how I would coordinate a style like that since I'd have to make a lot of the clothes myself
>>
>>9501757
Because now mermaid/holographic is the next big trend and every brand is hopping onto it and a million Buzzfeed or Mic videos shoving it down my throat on Facebook.

First it started with the unicorn.
It was cute seeing the unicorn cafe in Bangkok. Then it was the unicorn hot chocolate. Then it was the unicorn tears lipstick from Too Faced. Then the unicorn frappe, and unicorn makeup line from Wet n Wild and Tarte and a million others.

Now I see the same thing happening with mermaid stuff, with the mermaid blankets, and videos about being a professional mermaid, and mermaid purses and shell phone cases.

It isn't fun anymore. It's dead and normies killed it. Rest in peace unicorns and mermaids. You will be missed.
>>
>>9501890
Predictions on the next one? Fairies? They already got vampires and werwolves
>>
>>9501898
We're going to ride high on the mermaid trend for a bit while unicorns fade. Maybe witches will get popular again the closer we get to Halloween. The witch latte. A witch makeup line.
>>
>>9501876
How skilled are you at sewing and making things? If you don't have at the least medium skill at sewing, altering garments, and crafting that's probably too big of an ambition to make most of your things. Most people who wear any j-fashion style buy most of their pieces since most handmade things aren't really considered j-fashion. There are lolita and otome pattern books and you can thrift for mori girl and CPK type items but it's unrealisyic to think that beginner handmade things are going to be equal to and stylish like magazine trend items. Plus there are the accessories, shoes, makeup, hair dye or wigs and hair accessories too. Most j-fashions are very big on accessories and certain distinctive makeup looks.
>>
>>9501905
The poor, poor wiccans
>>
>>9501905
Occult trend would be very cool. And Strega.
>>
>>9501910
Most wiccans I know don't mind the fake witchy themed stuff, it's always been around. Some people get into it as a style and actually go deeper and learn to practice some form of Wicca or paganism. It's all good.
>>
>>9501913
It won't be good, look what happened to pastel and nu goth. It's just inverted crosses for the sake of inverted crosses. When mainstream brands do alt-fashion of any type, be it western or J-fashion, they lose the soul od it.
>>
Just combine the aesthetics of seapunk and your (suitable) choice of jfashion. Do you need a hashtag and an FAQ to know how to wear clothes?
>>
>>9501909
No, I'm a beginner and let me tell you, I'm not impressed with myself at all. I'd have to make myself a lot of accessories but I've never worked with sea shells. I think making hair chains and crowns would be super cute, but I'd have to figure out how to do that first.
>>9501918
@tumblr
>>
>>9501905

Oh my god I can only hope this happens. I live for Halloween.
>>
>>9501947
I would say to google for beginner projects and start learning. Maybe a whole style is beyond your skill right now but everyone starts somewhere and you can learn and progress. Beginner mermaid tiara, easy diy hair chains, simple mermaid diy, budget mermaid makeup. Use terms like that.
>>
>>9501905
I want a witch latte. Idk what the hell it is but I already want it.

>>9501918 agree for main pieces but sometimes some little accessories or small pieces are the shit. I admit I like the unicorn makeup brushes.
>>
>>9501918
Nu-goth never had a soul.
>>
File: IMG_2641.jpg (87KB, 640x534px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2641.jpg
87KB, 640x534px
>>9501961
I think that's a good idea, thanks
>>9501964
>I want a witch latte
Pic related is a charcoal latte and they actually have some health benefits
>>
>>9501918
>>9501976
Worded it wrong. Nu and pastel are already a product of mainstream fashion, and it was always bad.
>>
File: dscf9241.jpg (2MB, 1730x1730px) Image search: [Google]
dscf9241.jpg
2MB, 1730x1730px
>>9501964
taro and pumpkin spice lattes
>>
>>9501997
>>9502022
or we just go full Kiki's delivery service
>>
>>9501890
hasn't this been happening since 2013 tho? with the pastel goth edgy crap.
>>
>>9501890
Its cool if you are into it because things are easier to get but even big fans are getting sick of the oversaturation
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.