[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tall Lolitas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 20

File: IMG_3198.jpg (411KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3198.jpg
411KB, 1600x1200px
Post photos of tall lolitas (5'7/170+) wearing things that look good. Underskirts or no underskirts? Just where is the waist supposed to fall? How short is too short? Bonus Round: How do some tall lolitas manage to not have their OP/JSK look way too short and high-waisted despite their height? Pic related.
>>
>>9498453
When it's miniskirt lenght, it can always look like 60's child clothing, if you have a good enough petti, so it's ok in my book
>>
File: 142707-s-04-dl.jpg (33KB, 250x333px) Image search: [Google]
142707-s-04-dl.jpg
33KB, 250x333px
>>9498453
>that height difference
>tfw no tall gf to twin with

I have no idea who's tall though besides choke. And Mana, but he gets his stuff custom made. Is lauren at least a bit above average? I can't say how well the bodice would be but the jsks like this that innocent world puts out are pretty long. I'd say you could be around 5'10 max and have a normal silhouette.
>>
File: 20060415-154654279_526750f0c6_o.jpg (210KB, 323x640px) Image search: [Google]
20060415-154654279_526750f0c6_o.jpg
210KB, 323x640px
>>9498468
Lolita garments were shorter back then so I really can't tell, but this looks really cute to me.
>>
File: tumblr_ns9uac40QJ1tyohpdo2_540.jpg (368KB, 531x800px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ns9uac40QJ1tyohpdo2_540.jpg
368KB, 531x800px
>>9498470
I remember this girl joking about her viking genes on tumblr. She goes by eleganthare and her lookbook is medli.
>>
>>9498470
I think Lauran is 5'5 or shorter, she doesn't have problems wearing more recent stuff. I like this length too, prrsonally but most people seem to think it's too short.
>>
>>9498479
I think it's one of those things that depends more on the body itself. The thinner your legs are the more lolita it looks. Not necessarily because of fat/slut-shaming and etc. but because you see less skin and it gives the illusion of being more modest.
>>
I'm 1,80m. I normally wear midcalf underskirts (which come just past my knees), but this IW OP was fitting pretty well. I was just above my knees, a very decent length.

IW also makes the body longer and not only the skirt on their longer dresses. Are there more brands that do this (beside custom sizes)? I kinda switched to goth and it's hard to find stuff beside the Atelier Pierrot dresses which often have dropped waists.
>>
>>9498453
The dress is pretty damn short on Choke but it helps if you have thin legs. The thicker the legs the more it looks like your ass is about to peek out.

>>9498468
I'm 5'7 and I have this dress and it fits wonderfully. Don't let you be fooled by the stock images though, it hits me above the knees and isn't as long as it seems to be.
>>
>>9498489
This, it's because nobody wants to see fatty chan's thigh fat bulging out between her socks and her skirt
>>
>>9498489
>tfw tall
>tfw large bone structure
>tfw knees will always be big
>tfw large ribcage that will never fit OPs of my dreams (pic related)
>>
>tfw no 2m gf
>>
>>9498453
How tall is choke?
>>
>>9498453
I find it hilarious that Choke is often idolised when I personally think the other two lolitas pictured appear to have put more thought into their coord. Choke's coords are often boring as fuck, she wouldn't have the e-fame if she didn't have a thin body, pleasant face and a nice camera + editing skills.

Sorry for the salt anons but I just find her underwhelming.
>>
File: 20170527逕サ蜒・w-25138-00.jpg (38KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
20170527逕サ蜒・w-25138-00.jpg
38KB, 700x700px
>>9498468
I agree with >>9498532 that jsk is beautiful but at 5'9ft it hits almost 2 inches above my knees. I wore an underskirt with it in a recent outfit. Also the waist sits on my ribcage, but at taller heights you expect this.

Just picked up this older moitie op and boy I know it's gonna be mid thigh on me. It was too beautiful to let go because of that though.
>>
>>9498638
I didn't name her but she's the most elegantly styled tall lolita that looks good somehow in many shorter dresses, usually with no underskirt despite being reportedly about 6 feet tall. I just want all the tips on how to achieve same, not to either critique or idolize one person. I think most e-famous lolitas are over-rated, in fact.
>>
>>9498680
Like other anons said, have thin thighs. It starts to look immodest when your thighs are thick because it gives off the idea your ass is barely hidden from view. If your thighs are thin, it's harder to tell where your ass starts, because your leg naturally gets thicker where it does.
>>
>>9498689
Thank you, I read that and believe me, I'm motivated and currently dieting and doing lots of cardio! But there certainly has to be more to it than that factor alone. I know choke is a model and she seems to be bending slightly forward in many of her photos, and raising one leg but I'm thinking she must also be somewhat short-waisted for her height for the op and jsk not to sit higher on her torso like they do on many taller girls. She used to post some on Daily Lolita and looked not as good with lolita dresses and posing in say 2011, I guess?
>>
>>9498689
That makes a lot of sense. I just go with the long cuts of things because my thighs are ridiculously thicc
>>
>>9498702
Long cuts are good and I think there is a tall lolitas Facebook group, does anyone know if they have made a list of tall-friendly dresses and maybe some of the best sources for underskirts and longer tights too?
>>
>>9498468
There's a lolita whom I larp with who's over 6ft tall and generally looks great. Not going to post her, though. She seems like a fairly private person. But there are many tall lolitas out there!
>>
File: IMG_0514.jpg (393KB, 1418x1375px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0514.jpg
393KB, 1418x1375px
Underskirts are a lifesaver! Here's me wearing the same dress without and with an underskirt. It really does make a world of difference
>>
>>9498727
The tall lolitas group got taken over by itas and newbies, then promptly died. I propose we create a document for tall Lolita resources.

Best burando otks for tall lolitas
>Innocent World
>Metamorphose

Worst
>Angelic Pretty
>Grimoire
>>
A girl in my comm is a six feet tall actual goddess. She looks so pretty in classic lolita and is just so elegant looking.

You tall girls keep doing what you're doing. You look beautiful!
>>
>>9500813
Yes, please! I'm 5'7" and rely on underskirts to fill the gap; I still don't have the courage to wear those ott underskirts for anything, even though I know it can be pulled off with skill. I mostly wear AP so I have some tricks up my sleeves, but I'd love to see some from others. Finding the right underskirts isn't easy because most are too long and don't hit the knee. The best are the ones that have a mild built-in petti.

I mostly wear AP and ATTP, though I've begun to branch out. The biggest help I've found is actually to drop the waist by extending the straps. It doesn't always work if the bodice won't sit right, but it helps. I also really like how it lets me show off prettier blouses.

I wish there was an "elite" Tall Lolita group. So, I have some high hopes for this thread.
>>
My favorite tall lolita. I'm not even a gothic lolita but I admire her style. Flawlessly elegant.
>>
>>9500853
There's a Facebook group called 'Tall Lolitas-Worldwide'.
>>
>>9500813
In my experience MAM otks are quite long (and comfortable). They aren't very forgiving in width though.

As said before in this thread, Innocent World long length dresses and skirts are great. Meta dresses often have a longer torso, but the skirts aren't really longer than usual lolita length.

I've found that one of the most flattering options for tall lolitas is to custom make dresses. Obviously you can't do this if it's brand, but I've had some very good experiences with Lady Sloth. Her dresses are very reasonably prices and being able to have it made to your exact measurements, which includes torso length and skirt length, is great.
>>
>>9500874
like anon mentioned above, the group sucks ass
>>
>>9500876
Meta has longer skirts/JSKs with tea-length cut. They refer to them as 'medium' length on their website. The length on those is really nice if you're tall. Meta measurements are weird regarding length. I think they measure from the armpit of the dress or the center of the chest to the hem instead of from the top of the shoulder.
>>
>>9500876
The thing I don't like about IW's long length cuts is that they don't seem to scale up the width of the skirt alongside of the length. The skirts end up looking really narrow half the time, and I guess that's a look too but I like my poof.

If you're not a fatty-chan, I've found that VM and JetJ's 100+cm length stuff fits really nicely (for reference I'm 5'10 without shoes)
>>
>>9498659
This is beautiful.

More than length being an issue, straps just not being long enough is my main gripe. OPs are hit and miss and legwear is a game of frustration.
>>
I have found many BTSSB JSK's that are really flattering for tall lolitas. I am quite tall myself.
>>
Anyone know a good source for long sleeved blouses? Especially custom. I got a couple from HMHM and they got the size right but the quality is just not very good at all
>>
>>9500954
Seconding this request and adding on outerwear. I've been searching for custom cardigans appropriate for classic for a long time. I don't care for the Lady Sloth ones as they're made out of chiffon instead of a knit fabric.
>>
>>9500872
I love this wig, sauce anyone? Or a similar one?
>>
>>9500774
Underskirts are great sometimes but many people don't like them or don't always want to wear one. I'd love to have a list of dresses that can be worn without them and not be either tea length or look like my ass was about to show.

Underskirts are not the universal solution either because lots of dresses have built in petticoats, look awkward with an underskirt, don't fit a style where an underskirt looks good (like a cupcake shape) or have colored lace that requires a special color of underskirt, etc.
>>
>>9500774
I agree that pic on the left looks too bare but pic on the right looks really deflated.
>>
>>9500872
How tall is she? I'd like to see more of her photos, this is lovely.
>>
>>9501015
It's her real hair
>>
>>9498680
I've seen Choke IRL and am about 6ft tall; she's nowhere near it. She's just so incredibly thin that she gives off that illusion, which I think is true for a lot of lolitas that we see and assume are tall because they're just svelte. It makes getting inspo pretty hard because you never know if they're actually close to your height or not.
>>
>>9501713
Hm, what would you estimate her height to be then? That would explain why nothing looks terribly high-waisted on her but she is a model so I assume she's at least 5'10. Don't models have photo cards with their height and stats on them? I've seen some.
Well, how annoying, I know she lurks here sometimes, I wish she would post her height.
>>
>>9500813
Continuing with this, can people please speak up about underskirts? Which are good and then not so good quality, what are some reliable blouses for longer arms, some general brand cuts to avoid due to being very short (salos, most drop-waist skirts are hard, I've learned that), which brands offer longer length or a larger size that also has more length (can be taken in). I see that JetJ shows 3 silhouettes of their dresses, one is for girls ~170 tall and pieces from the last several years usually do not look short like say some AP pieces do.

I know fatty-chans have a tumblr that lists lots of plus friendly brand pieces, people submit them though, it isn't just one or 2 girls gathering all the info. Maybe we need something similar for tall people.
>>
>>9501726
If I had to guess I'd say about 5'7~5'9, which is still tall, but not as tall as everyone tends to think.
>>
>>9501713
Pretty sure I've seen her post that she's 5'10ft. She really looks that tall though in photos and against others.
>>
>>9501793
I thought so too since there are so many shorter than average cuties in lolita, but as >>9501713 said, it's really hard to judge people's heights in photos.

I sometimes have trouble with judging someone's body shape or weight too if they don't post normie fashion pictures, lolita poof often hides thigh thickness and hips and torso shape.

Example: I recently saw one of Lor's look book videos and I had judged her as slimmer than she actually looks when she's not wearing lolita. But she also fits into Liz Lisa brand clothes which I thought were really small. /confused
>>
How is Metamorphose for length of their jumperskirts?
What do you do about built in petti in order to wear an underskirt without it looking odd?
>>
>>9501744
I can recommend Peacockalorum for underskirts. The chiffon is really lovely quality, well made and so reasonably priced. The seller does custom sizing too so you can get the length you need.
>>
>>9505521
They're usually pretty good. There are some pieces that are particularly short, but generally you can tell in the photos. Pic related has fantastic length and volume, and is also super comfortable and flexible with sizing all around. Any of their detailed pintuck/non-print pieces like this tend to be great with length.
>>
>>9498527
Yuck.
>>
File: IMG_3693.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3693.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
I'm 5'9" and almost always wear ap, does it look odd/out of place of me or am I okay? ~pic related
>>
File: IMG_3694.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3694.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
>>9511958
Also me
>>
>>9511958
>>9511964
I think it looks pretty good on you. You benefit from having thin limbs which always makes it look less silly on taller girls. You probably shouldn't always blow your budget on main pieces though, lol.
>>
>>9511964
Change legwear and shoes asap
>>
>>9511980
Oh, the first one was just a try on if your talking about how I'm wearing no accessories, I haven't actually coorded it yet
>>
>>9511980
And thanks, I'm always paranoid that I look like a tree with autism
>>
>>9511981
This was before a modeling class, black heels are required, so I can't really do anything about that
>>
>>9498453
>the girl on the left
wow
I've never seen someone that beautiful before
>>
>>9511981
I get where your coming from though, I know they don't match the vibe,but I actually quite like striped socks as long as the colors aren't overly contrasted, but that's just my opinion, I know a lot of people hate them
>>
>>9512003
nah you look good
>>
>>9498453
>>9498626
She's 5'10"
http://m.modelmayhem.com/1072907
>>
File: cry.jpg (12KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
cry.jpg
12KB, 300x250px
>>9498453
>tall lolitas (5'7)
>my height
>mfw never gonna be smol adorable lolita
>forever too fucking tall
>>
>>9512309
At least you aren't 5'9"
>>
>>9512331
at least you aren't 6'0
>>
File: iw_underskirt.png (1MB, 1000x641px) Image search: [Google]
iw_underskirt.png
1MB, 1000x641px
>>9501744
Okay, I'll bite. I have the IW chiffon and lace petticoat and I love it. I prefer underskirts that have lace to just chiffon ruffles, cause I think just ruffles sometimes can look cheap. With this underskirt, I can show off both the ruffles and the lace or just the lace, which is cool, cause this way it suits a wider range of dresses and also can be a bit more casual with just the lace showing. I'm not a huge fan of those really long OTT underskirts, but I'm also just 5'8, so shorter ones work fine for me. What I do not like about the underskirt is the fact, that it has a seam around hip height where the skirt is gathered (I guess so you don't have all the extra fabric around your waist), which makes it nearly impossible to wear with some petticoats.

The next underskirt I want to buy is the Btssb lace frill petticoat, has anyone opinions on that one?

Oh and seconding >>9498527, the Germaine OP is awesome and has a great length and a lot of volume!
>>
File: IMG_2362.jpg (146KB, 1000x489px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2362.jpg
146KB, 1000x489px
>>9512373
I have the Alice and the Pirates version of the Lace Frill Petticoat because the Baby one has the hip seam.

The lining-only part of the underskirt is about 54cm long including the waist band, whereas the decorative trim is around 15cm. The hem circumference is about 210cm. For reference, I am 178cm tall without shoes.

There isn't a ton of volume, but it fits under Baby and IW print skirts pretty well as long as the skirts are long enough to cover the lining portions. Anything wider it starts to look sad and awkward.

The one major peeve I have with the underskirt is the gathered netting layer between the lace being more of a gold shade that is significantly darker than the lace, but this is specific to the colourway I have. Overall I think it's a nice enough underskirt, but its's not really full enough for most of the pieces I wear.

If anyone is interested, I can also review the Little Dipper underskirts (I think I have the 70cm long ones).
>>
>>9512969
Would love to hear a review on the Little Dipper underskirt. The comparison pics are super helpful too, thank you! I really like how the AATP underskirt looks with classic pieces.
>>
>>9512373
>>9512969
I just gotta say you all look amazing with those underskirts. I wish I was tall enough to rock them!! I love that extra detail that they add!
>>
File: IMG_3121.jpg (162KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3121.jpg
162KB, 800x533px
>>9512969
Thank you so much anon! I'm mostly intending to wear it with my btssb pieces that have this goldish netting, so for me this is perfect! Is that the ivory colorway? And do you think it will match pic related?
Btw your legs are gorgeous and I'm so jealous of träumerei and fleur antoinette, they are both dream dresses of mine...guess it's time to save up and hit the gym harder! And yes, please review the Little Dipper underskirts.
>>9513062
Thanks! I guess I'm lucky that I'm into classic, which makes it way easier to wear underskirts. Loving AP and being tall must be really hard, as the built-in petticoats look awkwards with underskirts and they use so many different colors for their lace.
>>
File: IMG_2402.jpg (422KB, 1000x448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2402.jpg
422KB, 1000x448px
>>9513006
>>9513314
Little Dipper underskirt review incoming.

The unruffled portion of the skirt is 41cm including the waistband, and the ruffles are 28cm altogether. The hem circumference (taken from the skirt that the ruffles are mounted on as opposed to the bottom ruffle) is 405cm. Again, I am 178cm tall.

This underskirt can hold a lot more poof compared to the AatP one that I own. The sort of tradeoff to this is that it sort of folds in on itself if you wear it under skirts with less volume, but it holds itself really well under really full skirts. The underskirt can also be worn as a skirt by itself if you cover up the elasticized waistband because the unruffled portion of the skirt is made from the same material as the ruffles. It even has a few lines of pintucks.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.