[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anime Midwest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 411
Thread images: 60

File: 1473623217071.jpg (10KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
1473623217071.jpg
10KB, 220x220px
Only around a month left until Midwest. Seems like it's going to be good with all of the great guests they have lined up. Everyone have a room? Everyone finished their cosplay?
>>
>Anime Midwest
>"good"
>>
>>9495690
I don't understand what you mean.
No matter what Kopf drama you want to bring up, they still have Trigger and lots of high profile animator and VA guests.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1495748393312.jpg (29KB, 843x526px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1495748393312.jpg
29KB, 843x526px
>>9495715
Studio Trigger twice in a row. Anime Midwest already won for me.
>>
>>9495690
They got Trigger again and it will have been a month since LWA season 1 will be up on Netflix, so hopefully more LWA cosplay. A lot of people who go to ACEN also go to this con, so it's good enough since the con isn't awfully run as some other cons. It had trouble with over vigilant staff and some badge pickup issues. ACEN badge pickup was like incredibly fast this year so hopefully AMW doesn't slack on that. Still iffy on the MAPPA industry guest, however it's great that they brought him over.
>>
No rooms left in the Hyatt, so I think I'm going to have to be in the DoubleTree this year.
>>
File: IMG_6030.png (2MB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6030.png
2MB, 1334x750px
I'm pretty excited, this is my first year going. It's not my first Ryan-run con though. Can't say I'm happy about giving him more money but
>Trigger
>Deadlift Lolita

Also does anyone know of a hotel nearby that shuttles to the con? (Not counting the shuttles midwest is providing.)
>>
>>9496651
Crowne, DoubleTree, and Embassy are all right across the street. Comfort Inn is like a 5 minute drive, but no guarantee on the shuttle.
I still haven't booked mine yet because I haven't figured out if I'm splitting with anyone or taking one by myself
>>
Kind of excited because it's my first Kopf-con not working, not excited because it's also my first one giving him money. Still haven't bought the badge though.
>>
>>9498330
Stop derailing the thread, you shithead!
>>
What's the atmosphere at Midwest like compared to Acen?

Is it more relaxed since there's half the people, or does that actually help it stay organized?
>>
>>9499150
more industry focused from what I've seen
Acen is a pretty party focused con with lots of high profile dealers, but very little industry presence.
>>
>>9496651
>>Trigger
>>Deadlift Lolita

>MAPPA
>Yakov Smirnoff
>Billy West
>>
File: C-U6ApcXsAALMsT.jpg (141KB, 1200x899px) Image search: [Google]
C-U6ApcXsAALMsT.jpg
141KB, 1200x899px
Is anyone excited that Misako is coming or does everyone consider her to be damaged goods no thanks to John Leigh?
>>
>>9502483

I am but I think I'm an exception. She's such a sweety.
>>
....... why any of you are supporting a rapist I have no idea. I'd never attend this convention, ever, and I will and do judge those who do.
>>
>>9502483
I had to read up on the John Leigh story as I'm out of the loop.. wow..

How is Misako "damaged goods" though? Cuz of the ambassador thing?
>>
>>9503359
because she's a sellout and is cool with exploiting members of the community if she can benefit from it
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-04-06-14-34-05.png (600KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-04-06-14-34-05.png
600KB, 1280x800px
>>9503332
Stay home then. I'm going to have fun
>>
>>9503362
Could you explain more?

Just curious, I haven't heard any of this before. I just met her last year and she was very nice.
>>
>>9503368
well yeah no shit she's going to be nice if you meet her in passing at an event where she's paid to be present, jfc
this shit has been beaten to death so please just do your own research. the archive is your friend.
>>
>>9503332
This is one of the dumbest arguments I've ever seen. It's like saying if you eat Chick Fill A, you hate gay people.
Sometimes you just like the product. Especially considering this is one of the few decent sized cons in the Chicago area
>>
>>9503372
I was her handler but okay sorry?

All I'm getting is that she still works with the Leighs so people took that as condoning their behaviour or something,.
>>
>>9503380
Oh! You were her ~handler~, forgive me anon. I didn't realize you were now such good best friends that you're braiding each other's pussy hair and sharing straws and the milkshake counter.
If your head is this far up your ass, you won't actually understand the problem anyway. Do everyone a solid and lurk harder.
>>
>>9503387
Jesus, who pissed in your cornflakes? She's a model and obviously out to make appearances for money but there were no real problems from what I remember.

Since I can't find anything beyond scant references on the google, I will just assume hyperbole on your part.
>>
File: IMG_5956.jpg (75KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5956.jpg
75KB, 960x540px
>>9503332
Bye, gurl.
>>9503387
I know you're being a cunt and having your *moment* but this shit is hilarious.

Like I said, I'm not happy about giving Ryan my money, but it's hard to find decent cons in Illinois, let alone the Midwest.
>>
Anyone have space in their room? I could get a room at the Crowne by myself, but $150/night for 3 nights when I live < 5 miles away seems steep.
>>
>>9504932
if you live <5 miles away why not commute every day?
>>
hey friendos

this is my first con ever, i havent started my cosplay and I have no idea of any of the drama people are talking about and frankly dont care.

I attend the UIUC so im around ~3 hours from chicago. Seeing as i've never been to a con before, I have no idea about a couple things.

I know jojo is pretty popular as a cosplay, but I had a buddy of mine want to go as Johnny and Gyro, with I being Gyro. Arriving on horseback and everything ya dig? How popular is part 7 in cosplaying then?

Other than that, I'm probably just going to catch a train and go for one day, since im too poor to have a hotel room, what day should I go?

thanks
>>
>>9505133
I tried with Acen, but it was a pain to either spend $20 on parking or $40 on Uber every day.
>>
>>9505246
Take a bike? <5 mile bike ride is around 25ish min.

Doing math too results in 40 bucks a day much less than 150 a day.

And what sort of uber is 40 bucks for 5 miles jesus for me its lIke 12 or 15 max for that much
>>
>>9505554
That's why I was hoping to pay maybe $100 total and leech off someone's room
Instead if having to worry about sobering up before driving home or getting a 20 dollar each way Uber ride.
>>
>>9505133
I may have something, but I have to ask, are you clean / shower every night/day, not going to steal any of my things?
>>
>>9505554
nigga let's be real, it's infinitely better to have a room on the venue than to attempt two 25 minute bike rides in rosemont
>>
>>9506646
Yeah true. I was being a little salty based off of the fact im taking a bus there and not staying a hotel at all, much less living 5 miles away.
>>
>>9505863
Im not that guy but im a 6'0 dude who shaves/gyms regularly and understands basic personal hygiene.

I think that puts me past 90% of the con already.
>>
>>9505863
I have basic hygiene, yes, and I don't steal things.
>>9506758
maybe I misunderstood. I'm not looking to to pay for a room with sex, I just want a place to sleep between days, put on my cosplay, and not have my things stolen.
>>
>>9506867
LMAO. I wasnt trying to imply anything sexual. I mentioned being a guy in case the offerer was a girl and thay was a nono. /cgl/ is a board with a pretty big female presence
>>
>>9506867

If you have a little more "advanced" hygiene (I have had a bad experience with rooming with Ravers at ACEN this year), then you can room with me at the Crowne Plaza for 120$ Fri-Sat-Sun. I've gotta pay 340 for both nights.

The catch is you have to figure out parking, since it's not comp'd by the hotel and I'm unsure of how many cars I'm allowed to park there.
>>
>>9506949
But you're guaranteed the Sofa Bed I hope comes with the room based on the description.
>>
Anyone got an open room share going? Would love to room with seagulls again like with ACEN. Awoo here.
>>
>>9507004
I still have space. I'm at the Aloft.
>>
>>9506949
>>9506950
Sure, I can chip in some to sleep on the couch. I was at Acen this year, but I don't think I ran into you.
Sedos#7469 on discord
>>
>>9507004
>>9507045
65 gets you a spot. There's one other seagull on board. If you're interested, my Discord is AlternativeCompass24#2737 Btw, I'm the Battlefield 4 anon from the ACen meetup.
>>
Money talks, girls, and yours is saying plenty.
>>
>>9507519
What?
>>
>>9507537
Sounds like a bot spewing markov chains.
>>
So this is kinda strange, but I'm seriously thinking about flying in for just a day. How easy is it to get from the aiport (either one) to the con?
>>
>>9507685
O'Hare is about 1/2 mile to a mile from the hotel the con is at
>>
>>9507685
There are also free shuttles that'll take you directly to the convenation center from the airport. The drivers are actually quite friendly. You don't have to be staying at their hotel either. Just remember to tip the driver!!
>>
>>9507685
Shuttles, taxi, you could even pay $5 to take the Blue line L from O'Hare to Rosemont and then walk the ~4 blocks
>>
>>9507688
Thanks anon! Its looking more and more possible!
>>
If anyone's looking for a room, I might have space for 1-2 people at the Crowne. Only have 2 so far so we aren't overfilling (yet), and if we have 4 it'd be ~$75 per person.
>>
>>9507820
like I said before, I'm down to chip in for almost any room as long as I get space to sleep and shower and put on my cosplay
>>9507153 is me. Message me to work something out
>>
>>9507831
PMed you the fix
>>
>>9507831
>>9507889

Looks like I missed my chance. I added on you discord if you need a backup plan. Neoshinobi#5803.

That being said, I still have an open sofa(bed) at the Crowne, So far it's just me so the asking price is 120$ for both nights.
>>
Bump. Where's the hype? Post moar !!!
>>
>>9508894
I'm trying to relax and not panic about how I probably won't get everything done in time so I don't want to think about it yet.
>>
>>9508894
Chill out Kopf it's a month away
>>
When are they going to announce when Trigger is having a panel/signing? I want to know what day to wear my Diana cosplay.
>>
>>9509509
Seconding this. When do they release their schedules in general? End of June?
>>
How is the game room at Anime Midwest? I heard Tokyo Attack isn't coming.
>>
I wonder if there will be a date auction for this con. I about died laughing watching the one at Con-Alt-Delete.
>>
>>9507519
Kopf is as bad or worse than the Leighs.
>>
>>9509560
I go to the one at Anime Zap every year. It's so cringy, I love it. It amazing how many people they get that also aren't self-aware.
>>
>>9509577
What does this mean???
>>
>>9509628
Google the owner Ryan Kopf. Accused rapist, bad person.
>>
>>9510044
Ah, I thought you meant something else. I don't care about those rumors though, Midwest is my favorite con.
>>
>>9510044
Stop with the kopf drama you moron
>>
Need +1 for a 4-person room at the Crowne, $75 for the weekend. Technically all gulls but you can expect a quiet, fresh-scented, non-party room experience. If you're two people looking for a room, we can probably negotiate it.

If anyone's interested, PM ancientpower#8185 on Discord. Will remain open until noted otherwise.
>>
>>9509596
Yeah, I remember there was a bidding war at last year's Con-Alt-Delete that reached several hundred dollars just for a date with a female portal cosplayer.
>>
File: 1469392251149.jpg (11KB, 379x375px) Image search: [Google]
1469392251149.jpg
11KB, 379x375px
>>9509509
Man, I'm still salty that I can't afford to get a Yasna cosplay together in time for the con. But at least since Waka is coming back I can have him sign an old Inferno Cop drawing I did
>>
>>9510229
Damn, I would have loved to see a cute Yasna at AM. What are your 3 sizes?
>>
>>9510236
Last I measured, I'm 44-37-45
>inb4 fatty-chan!!
I know, that's why I picked Yasna and since I can't afford that I'm cosplaying Inko Midoriya. I'm sticking with cute fatty characters until I can lose more weight
>>
>>9510261
You'd be a perfect YasnaI love my fluffy cosplayers doing chubby girls.
>>
>>9510083
Alright kopf you don't have to keep lurking, people are going to your stupid con.just don't rape anyone this time
>>
>>9510505
Holy shit, just stop!
>>
>>9510723
You are financially supporting a rapist.
>>
Urrgh. I have no idea what to wear and it's next month the fuuuuaaack.

I hope they found a good translator for Misako.
>>
>>9510731
check your rapist privilege, rapists are people too
>>
File: IMG_0662.jpg (66KB, 960x632px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0662.jpg
66KB, 960x632px
>>9510505
>>9510731
We get it. Make your own already overdone thread if you wanna talk about it. Don't derail this one.
>>
File: 1460134782532.jpg (205KB, 364x491px) Image search: [Google]
1460134782532.jpg
205KB, 364x491px
There is a question that concerns me about Misako Aoki. Is Misako coming to the United States on a VISA or just a passport? CBP needs to be take enhancement measures when she arrives in the United States. CBP doesn't know that she is coming to preform at Anime Midwest.
>>
>>9511110
Is she performing? They haven't announced a fashion show or any brands. Mossbadger isn't even going this year.
>>
File: theresnotime.jpg (35KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
theresnotime.jpg
35KB, 450x450px
Con is only 30 days away! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
File: 1484026197295.jpg (16KB, 384x355px) Image search: [Google]
1484026197295.jpg
16KB, 384x355px
>>9509509
I won't be surprised if they have the schedule up by the end of the month.

I'm only going to AMW again for Studio Trigger. I'm hoping it's just for one day so I can save on parking.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1496296240279.jpg (12KB, 282x282px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1496296240279.jpg
12KB, 282x282px
>>9511362
They will probably have a few eve the each day like a panel and then a signing after it.
>>
Is anyone getting or has a hotel room on july 5-9?

If you do and have room, would you be able to let me join?
>>
>>9513197
Dunno, there's not much to go off of here. Are you an axe murderer?
>>
>>9513428
Oh yea, forgot my stats.

>Male 27, single
>Clean, hygienic person
>Can pay for room and alcohol
>Familiar with the area
>Has a car
>Into anime and video games
>Wont cause problems
>>
First time going to Midwest, any pointers at what's worth going to and what's not? Looks like good guests but anything else I should know about?
>>
>>9511110

When travelling internationally to do networking and act as a company ambassador, that's under the same no-visa status as tourism unless you're actually making sales or delivering products.
>>
>>9509516

Usually it's more than 30 days before the con, so this is the latest it's been in a while.
>>
>>9510044
Look Im just so sick of these rumors that I made a copy-pasta response to them that people can share whenever you see them come up. These rumors are such garbage unsubstantiated bullshit.

Regarding these rape accusations - WHO accused him of rape? WHO? No, really, WHO! I read that sketchy as hell police report - and I've seen real police reports before, it could be real, it could just as easily be fake. But this girl isn't going around posting "Ryan raped ME". The people I see sharing stuff about rape are *ALWAYS* staff for other cons. Usually, more than 80% of the time, men. But you don't know a name of the person supposedly accusing Ryan of rape. You can't find them posting about it; not even archived or someone he sued to get it "deleted". Stuff exists on the internet - but there are literally ZERO accusations of people coming out and say "Hey look at me, Ryan did this to me." What you CAN find is a few people saying "Ryan was really creepy to me" but NOT rape. I get that though - if you look back and realize you were in the room with someone people call a rapist, alone, you're gonna think it was creepy. But there are ZERO DIRECT ACCOUNTS of sexual assault. NONE.

What we've got is a bunch of men, people who work other cons, and people who "read about it on the internet so it must be true" repeating these SAME old, rehashed rumors. SOME body accused Ryan of rape, right? Based on a police report that's unsubstantiated and that the "victim" (in quotes because I don't think she's real) did not pursue further? Let's believe the report, okay? Well, then the details inside the report are sketchy. She went alone with him to his hotel room? By choice? It didn't read like he made her. It reads like "Hey let's get 'a drink' in my room alone." Some people would take that as a pretty clear invitation to go be alone and do adult stuff together. Now what happened after that is NOTHING BUT HE-SAID SHE-SAID.
>>
>>9515394
(cont) It doesn't say he threatened her or hit her - nothing like that. Honestly, this really looks like someone who changed their mind afterwards and decided to call it rape. But she didn't get a rape kit. She didn't want the police to help her. She stayed at the event and even came back the next day. I get it, if you're assaulted, you really don't know what to do and you're uncomfortable and afraid, but you usually remove yourself from that situation. That's not what happened here.

More importantly, that is the ONLY 'report' about him. It *COULD* be completely fabricated even. But every single one of these "rapist" rumors is based on this ONE, unproven, very sketchy, highly suspect incident. Look, people believe the Leigh stuff about him being creep because he posted about it, took a $69 sexual harassment course, and has been accused by a member of the community who outed him personally. We know Bill Cosby is guilty because SIXTY people have accused him. In this case, with Ryan, it's just one 'person' who MIGHT exist and it COULD have just been a mistaken changed-her-mind-afterwards.

You know what the worst thing about this is? The people who spread the rumors. Most of them are sleazebag, rapey men. If you're also a woman you just KNOW the type I'm talking about. The kind who are 'feminist' to get laid, but are super comfortable being men in positions of power and don't actually respect women. And shit like this makes it EXTRA hard when someone comes forth with an allegation.

tldr; Not a single person has posted that "he raped ME". It's ALL hearsay.
>>
>>9515394

Make your own thread about this, most people here REALLY do NOT care.

Cons r cons man.
>>
Did anyone notice they announced on the guest page WHICH people from TRIGGER are coming?

It looks like mostly Little Witch people.

Making his debut as chief key animator in the critically acclaimed animation series Neon Genesis Evangelion, Yoh Yoshinari has participated in many other popular titles such as GURREN LAGANN as mechanical design, and Panty&Stocking with Garterbelt as concept artist. Upon becoming a full-time staff of TRIGGER, he has produced his first full length anime, Little Witch Academia, and participated in TRIGGER’s first television series KILL la KILL as main set design.
>>
>>9515399
I don't see any mention of Imaishi so I'm assuming it's mainly going to be Yoshinari and the LWA crew. Though they did just announce Inferno Cop S2 so I assume they won't only be talking about LWA.
>>
>>9509509
>>9509516
>>9515380
Their Zuccbook page says that they are finishing up the schedule now.
>>
>>9515399
I found this out just a few days ago. I have a feeling they won't publicly on Facebook. I'm personally okay with that.

>Yoh Yoshinari
>Takafumi Hori

>Hiromi Wakabayashi
he came last year

>Shigeto Koyama
also came last year

>Tattun (not stated, but he will be there)
I'm pretty sure he's the guy who did a Q&A session in /a/ a few months ago.

>>9515399
>>9515599
I hope AMW invites Trigger + Imaishi after he's done working on that mecha project.
>>
>>9515399
If they do the panels like they did last year, they'll probably do one general TRIGGER panel and one LWA panel. They did that last year with KLK. I'm hoping they do the giveaways at the end of the panel like they did last year too, because that was really fun

>>9515599
I still can't believe there's gonna be a season 2 of Inferno Cop, I've never been so happy.
>>
>>9515958
>We
need to get Tattun to come and drink at a /cgl/ meet, for posterity and /a/ memes.
>>
Schedule is out.
>>
What is Anime Midwest trying to do with this photography mess...
>>
right now I'm panicking about whether or not the bought parts of my cosplay will get here by the con date. I haven't heard anything at all from the seller and it's too late to order from anyone else.
everything else, makeup, contacts, props, are done. I just need the few things I bought, which unfortunately tie everything together
>>
>>9519357
Happy to see two Trigger panels and two autograph sessions. Phew.
>>9520207
No clue, but it looks cringy. Feels like they're trying to one-up Acen's little shoot area. Which won't be much of a challenge.
>>
the late night cosplay dating on friday seems like it will be a total cringe fest
anyone going?
>>
>>9520343
I'll definitely be going! I went to the date auction at Con-Alt-Delete last year and almost died of laughter. The thirst is real!
>>
>>9520361
it's not a date auction, it's a speed dating for cosplayers event I think
>>
>>9520365
I'll still go to watch.
>>
>>9515259
I guess if you're new to the area, keep in mind that you can get cheaper, better food at the mall across the street. I've noticed that Kopf cons tend to attract a younger crowd, so keep an eye out for screaming Homestuck tweens. Unlike ACen, there's a maid cafe if you're into that thing. No idea who is volunteering this year, but from what I've heard and seen, they at least put the effort into making sure they are uniformed. Con suite is nice too, but as at every con, please eat something other than instant noodles and soda.

Dealer hall generally takes up half of the entire space, so you're probably going to walk around there a few times.
>>9519357

Lord. I forget how cringy anime con panels are in general. At least DC Douglas is still doing the erotic fan fic readings. I usually dip out 18+ panels to party with old friends, but this one is always worth going to.

>>9509548
That's too bad. It must be an ACen thing. They're going to have to update their website because TA is still listed as a sponsor. From what I remembered, there were still arcade machines, but mostly rhythm games like DDR and a Para-Para machine. There were also some pachinko games that were set up so you can win prizes (random anime merch). There's still a separate section for console games and tournament.
>>
Bump. Post cosplay plans!
>>
Anyone know where to find info on tabletop gaming? Asking for my bf
>>
>>9520395
Thanks for the insight anon! Does the mall mind people just walking over in cosplay or are they chill with it?
>>
>>9521826
nayrt but I went over for ACen and no one said anything, but then again I was in a sports series cosplay so the most I got was a woman thinking I just came from a game and someone asking me where the convention actually was. I did see a few other cosplayers though.

I think as long as you're not obnoxious/aren't indecent in terms of dress and maybe can store your props somewhere beforehand to be on the safe side you won't have any problems.
>>
Did anyone get an email if their badge was mailed? I always buy mine since they are first announced and never get it mailed.
>>
>>9522439
I thought AM just straight up doesn't do mailing or something. I was surprised to see the email that they do, but I didn't get a confirmation email.
>>
>>9522439
I think mailed badges are only if you buy the premium one. Everyone else picks it up on the day of
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-06-16-17-25-46.png (262KB, 800x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-06-16-17-25-46.png
262KB, 800x1280px
>>9522512
>>9522517
I'm asking because I got an email saying they mailed badges and that you would get an email if your badge was sent. I know people that had their badge mailed last year and they weren't premium.
>>
>>9522658
Charge your phone
>>
File: FB_IMG_1493349131587.jpg (34KB, 843x474px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1493349131587.jpg
34KB, 843x474px
>>9522750
No. It is a tablet and it only gets charged once it dies.
>>
>>9522439
I got an email a few days ago that it was getting mailed.

As for cosplay plans, my friends and I are doing the trio from Nichijou, not sure which day though. I'm also going to bring along my Nico cosplay
>>
>>9522439
I think they're doing the same thing they've done in past years where they send out only a select number for some goddamn reason, it never made any sense to me. Also, has Anime Midwest always been so lacking in photoshoots? Maybe I just missed some because I was on mobile, but their lineup for cosplay shoots seemed really lackluster. I was hoping for a BNHA shoot but I guess not.
My cosplay are the same two I did for Acen (Taisho romance Hanayo and Team Skull grunt) plus Inko Midoriya.
>>
>>9521826
different anon but they don't mind, you'll get weird looks from normies though! Show your badge at the food court, sometimes they offer a con discount
>>
>>9523077
>for some goddamn reason, it never made any sense to me

I'm pretty sure they select multi-year attendees first, and try to deselect people who might be selling their badges, I bet that's it. I see a lot of people swapping and selling their ACEN badges so maybe Midwest is trying to avoid bullshit like that.

If you email them requesting photoshoots they will add them probably. There's also a free photo room in the Hyatt.
>>
>>9523336
This will be my fourth year and has never been mailed. I have friends who went for the first time last year and got it mailed. I have no idea what the qualifications are to get the badge mailed.
>>
Is the lolita tea party worth $50? I'd be going alone anyway so I'm afraid it'd be awkward.
>>
>>9523516
They posted on the FB page about getting your badge mailed. You just had to go to your accout, verify your address, and check if you want it mailed. It was simple, but I don't think a lot of people knew about it.
>>
If anyone needs a room for the convention. I have a queen double bed room at the Aloft hotel for Saturday night. Guys gotta pay $50 for the night and Females can stay free.

I'm going to the convention by myself for a little vacation. I'm 26/M and will give contact info if interested.
>>
>>9524659
>females can stay free
>im 26/m

m8 ur not gonna get laid by some weeb girl who just wants to crash in your room.

even if thats not your goal its still shady as fuck.
>>
>>9524659
I would honestly charge more for girls than guys if the room is in your name. Some of these con girls are dirty as fuck
>>
>>9524663
Stranger things have happened at conventions.

My goal is to have fun at the convention and all that it entails.
>>
>>9524674
Yea I have seen a lot of female rooms and some have been really messy and disgusting.
>>
>>9524663
>m8 ur not gonna get laid by some weeb girl who just wants to crash in your room.

False
>>
>>9524659
>Females can stay free.

JFC........the thirst.
>>
>>9524674
>>9524694
I can attest to this. Girls' rooms are absolutely vile.
>>
>>9524777
Had girls in my room for the first time at ACen, their shit was everywhere and one of them slept in front of the minifridge and refused to move.
>>
>>9524663
>>9524766
You two are definitely not invited.
>>
>>9524857
Sorry I don't need help getting girls from a 26 year old looking to prey on underage con girls with nowhere to stay.
>>
>>9524859
No where did I mention underage females.

Don't make things up just to suit your own morals.

You're just assuming things based on nothing when the reality is completely different from whatever ideas you have of my invitation.
>>
>>9524857
Suit yourself, creep. I already have a room.
>>
>>9515395
>>9515394

Sup, Ryan?
>>
>>9525049
Do we have to do this every time??
>>
>>9525124
thread's probably moving too slow for him so he feels the need to start drama
>>
>>9525135
This thread is moving too slow! WHERE IS EVERYONE?
>>
>>9525258
Precon threads always move slow. A day or two before the con, it'll be a tiny bit faster.
>>
>>9525124
Yes.
>>
>>9525049
>>9525509
Leave Kopf alone, you bully!
>>
>>9525580
>Leave Kopf alone, you bully!

Yeah, leave Brittany alone! <3

Srsly tho, con is good, so shush.
>>
Still have an open Sofa Bed at the Crowne for Friday+Saturday night. I'd rather not pay full price alone.

150$ for both nights. I can't help with parking at the hotel since I have no idea what that's gonna be like or cost, but if you need help bringing your stuff from the parking garage to the room, I can offer my help.

Please be clean and shower before going to sleep. It's one of my biggest cleanliness issues.
>>
someone give me the rundown on kopf
>>
>>9526324
You can't trust a guy with a ponytail and his hair parted down the middle. He ruined that look for me.
>>
>>9526399
to be fair, it's not a good look on anyone, really. Maybe it's just me, but if a dude's gonna wear his hair long, he'd better do some styling and maintenance. If most girls do it, then guys shouldn't be exempted.

I really want to see him with short and styled hair now. Anyway, I'm sure there's an encyclopedia dramatica page. No idea if the accusations are true. I kind of can't see it because I normally see him actively involved in (micro) managing his cons. My only beef is (besides the hair) is that he runs too many mediocre/below average cons rather than focusing on making one or two quality conventions. Event planning isn't something to dick around with imho.
>>
>>9526405
That was my style in high school while I was more of a metalhead instead of a weeb.It works for playing metal. After I saw him I just couldn't do it anymore. My hair still wants to part down the middle.
>>
>>9526405
>My only beef is (besides the hair) is that he runs too many mediocre/below average cons rather than focusing on making one or two quality conventions.

This. He runs my local con and you can tell AM is his baby and he doesn't give two shits about his other cons. There was only a few guests last year.
>also he's his own mascot.
>>
>>9526092
How much for friday night?
>>
>>9526439
>This. He runs my local con and you can tell AM is his baby and he doesn't give two shits about his other cons. There was only a few guests last year.

This is the most retarded thing to bitch about. Run your own con if you don't like it, or just agree to not have a con in your city - which just sucks for all the kids who don't get to travel and go to cons outside the city.

Fuck, running cons in bumfucksville nowhere is probably tough and a blessing for those kids who can't travel. It used to be me who couldn't travel and I would have killed to have even a shitty con in my town.
>>
>>9526807
We were discussing quantity vs quality with his cons and I gave an example. Not sure you had to go full retard like that.
>>
>>9526092
I'll be happy to split the room price for the weekend with you. I'm a 25 year old male, have my own car and generally a clean person.
>>
>>9526458

There a reason you can't stay both nights?

If I get someone to stay both nights, i might have to have you crash on some floor space if you're down to stay with 3 people in the same room. I'd probably ask for 80$ if you agreed to that.

>>9526976
The actual reservation price is 340$, so you're actually saving 20$ if you want to room with me for 150$ for the weekend. I figured that'll help with any parking fee. Add me on discord Neoshinobi#5803

Are you okay with the Anon before you rooming with us on the floor for a night?
>>
File: IMG_6757.jpg (556KB, 1325x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6757.jpg
556KB, 1325x2048px
>>
>>9527236
something tells me this comes with the clause that all pictures belong to the Con to use as they please.
>>
>>9527258
Why wouldn't it?
>>
>>9527320
I don't know, but I'd avoid it unless you're fine with becoming possible promotional material
>>
>>9527335
Can't have your cake and eat it too, Anon.
>>
>>9527190
Sent you a request as DragonGuts
>>
>>9527405
>Can't have your cake and eat it too, Anon.

https://youtu.be/fyVz5vgqBhE?t=861
>>
>>9527740
Anyone who uses canned laughter on a show needs to have something very bad happen to them.
>>
got talked into doing old joseph and a pillar man by some friends of mine and im only on ep 5 of jojo, how fucked am i? i dont even have the physique for a pillar man so whoops
>>
Does AW have a schedule online for panels, shoots, etc.
>>
>>9528396
The schedule is up right now on their website. Still looking for info on gaming though.
>>
File: conflict.jpg (259KB, 1482x552px) Image search: [Google]
conflict.jpg
259KB, 1482x552px
The Saturday Trigger Panel is gonna conflict with the Jojo meetup so I'm gonna make sure I catch the Friday panel.
>>9528322
http://bato.to/reader#18081fefcbb0f5be
http://bato.to/reader#1322c9b4da645a6d
If you don't want to embarass yourself you can just read the manga. You've got two weeks so if you don't plan on binge watching from somestuffs then you can at least read faster than you watch.
>>
Finally got a ship date on the parts of my cosplay and things are coming together. Though, I'm forced to now deal with the fact that I have no idea how makeup works
>>
>>9529697
Try the help/crossplay threads.
>>
/cgl/ meetup when?
>>
>>9528802
im actually binging as much as i can, i should be able to at least get through most of part 3 season 1 by con time but i might just read instead
>>
>>9530562
Is it usually at the bar in the Hyatt like with Acen?
>>
>>9528802
Someone should email them and say to reschedule the Jojo meetup/shoot to a different time because those two events are going to have a lot of mutual attendees.

>>9530592
If you've finished Battle Tendency just start reading the manga because Parts I & II are the only ones that are overwhelmingly better animated imo. You can definitely finish parts 3-7 in two weeks if you read a few volumes a day.
>>
>>9530616
Not where!!! When!!??
>>
>>9530620
good idea on that, think im going to drop old joe anyway because i planned poorly and just bring my hm2 tony and really shit postal dude
>>
File: 1490061170582s.jpg (5KB, 225x234px) Image search: [Google]
1490061170582s.jpg
5KB, 225x234px
How are the dealer's at AM? At Zap they always have the same shitty dealers, including: a guy who sells blatant bootlegs, a guy who doesn't know how to organize his table, and some chick who sells rings for some reason. Is it the same thing or better?
>>
>>9531058
It's probably going to be the same. For comparison, the size of the dealers + artist alley at AMW is hardly 1/2 of ACen's dealer section (obvious con size).
>>
>>9531110
>hardly 1/2 of ACen's dealers section
well fuck me running. I knew it'd be no where near the size of Acen's but it seems weird they don't use at least half the room. I'd just have more artists apply.
>Still bigger than zap's but if I see the bootleg guy I will scream
>>
>>9531058
>How are the dealer's at AM?
Basically ACen's scaled down to 1/2 size.
>>
>>9531058
I've never been to ZAP so I can't say for sure, but yeah the whole thing is basically half the size of Acen. There's definitely some weirder stuff, but it's not awful.
>>
who is doing the arcade this year? hoping for a iidx machine...
>>
>>9531132
He was at AMW last year, and I think I spotted his booth in ACen too. He sells the same bootleg figures every year, I just impressed that he goes every year.
>>
Do most people stay at AMW Fri-Sun? I'm wondering how hellish check-in and badge pickup are around noon on Friday.
>>
>>9531704
Badge pickup was very fast last year. You go to the registration booth, scan in your state ID, and they give you your badge. Super simple.
>>
Yo im at the exxxotica expo. Hit me up if you wanna come by and check out the convention. There's a few people cosplaying here. Got a hotel room at doubletree and wanna have a crazy time here with cool people.
>>
>>9531909
Bummer that Exxotica isn't happening the same time as the con this year. Bought a ticket and walked around and took pics at last years expo. It was pretty chill.
>>
>>9531941
Exxxotica was okay. Crowd was small around 2000 people tops. All the females wanted tips for pics. It was enjoyable but i won't go again.
>>
File: 20160709_173137.jpg (2MB, 1494x2656px) Image search: [Google]
20160709_173137.jpg
2MB, 1494x2656px
>>9532558
That sucks. I got a bunch of free pics last time.
>>
File: 1467794048665.png (299KB, 445x450px) Image search: [Google]
1467794048665.png
299KB, 445x450px
>>9531941
I'm honestly kinda happy Exxxotica won't be at the same time, if only because I was bothered by the amount of people I saw who were obviously there for it sneaking pictures of cosplayers and laughing. Kinda rude to be so shitty when you're going to a porn convention.
>>
Anyone wanna try and have a meetup at one of the Trigger meets for some ebic photo ops?
>>
>>9535250
I'm down for it.
>>
Where is everyone? Con is next week.
>>
>>9536429
I'm trying not to think about it since I'm still disputing with an online seller about shipping my cosplay. She's 2 weeks over her quote and charged me an additional 80 bucks to try to have it "rushed". I might end up coming to AMW in normal clothes just like Acen
>>
>>9536429
My badge still hasn't come in the mail and I still have to style my wig in the midst of grad school applications
>>
>>9536429
Not a whole lot to talk about, I guess.

I'm kinda upset that they scheduled the Jojo meetup at the same time as the second Trigger panel. AMW seems to have some retarded organizers between the weird scheduling and loads of typos in their official programs.
>>
>tfw it always snows at Anime Zap
>rainy and cold at Acen
>now they're calling for rain AM weekend
>>
>>9536853
>tstorms all weekend
God damn it. It's unbearable enough to wear cosplay all weekend in hot weather, let alone super humid hot weather.
>>
>>9536511
looks like no cosplay for me
I was so happy to get to cosplay for the first time, and got everything ready, but the fucking seller from China hasn't even started on it yet. The last response I got was "summer is busy season, do a patient wait", but I legit spent $400 on this order and placed it 2 months ago.
>>
>>9536853
Acen wasn't even cold. Last conaltdel was below zero and I was outside for a while with just my cosplay and didn't get sick.
>>
File: C8yQNV1VYAASBQq.jpg large.jpg (36KB, 503x664px) Image search: [Google]
C8yQNV1VYAASBQq.jpg large.jpg
36KB, 503x664px
>>9536853
>"Oh, I'll check the weather, hopefully it'll at least be cool-"
>Around 80s all weekend
Well, at least I'll have the team skull grunt outfit for one day...
>>
Anyone want to meetup on Thursday or Friday before the con?

There's alot of great japanese restaurants in the area. Ramen, sushi and yakitori places are close. There's also a large japanese marketplace with tons of food, snacks and drinks from japan.
>>
>>9537289
I'll be there quite early on Friday. I've always wanted to check out Mitsuwa.
>>
>>9537237
Great.
>>9536865
At least it looks the storms are being pushed back. Friday might be nice.
>>
>>9537200
nice, I ordered a costume from aliexpress like 3 weeks in advance and despite the seller asking me to extend the wait time they shipped it out early

chinese retailers are very hit or miss
>>
>>9537643
Ooh yes. I'll ask my con buddy if she's up for going their for lunch. We'll have to get our badge so we'll see with logistics.
>>
>>9537643
>>9537696

So is that a yes for meeting up?
>>
Do they allow you to check in early at the Hyatt? Most cons I've been to does this but I just want to make sure

>>9537289
My friends and I are going to Mitsuwa too after we get badges, I believe. We're driving down from Wisconsin though and won't get to the con until 1pm or so.

I'd be down for a meetup for like dinner or something Friday or Saturday?
>>
>>9537711
Yeah, I'm definitely down for it.
>>9537732
Yes, I have been able to check in as soon as the con started both of the times that I've been at the Hyatt.
>>
File: 1498495946256.png (361KB, 448x530px) Image search: [Google]
1498495946256.png
361KB, 448x530px
I'm excited for AMW. I got some shikishi boards from mitsuwa/kinokuniya for the Trigger staff to sign this year. They're ~$2.40 a pop, way better than the shit they sell on Amazon.

Less than a week ladies and gents. How ready are you?
>>
File: 1497471004692.jpg (142KB, 1400x927px) Image search: [Google]
1497471004692.jpg
142KB, 1400x927px
>>9541215
Ready to go!!
>>
>>9541215
Not ready at all. Don't have wigs for 3 costumes.
I don't even know if I'll be able to buy them at the con because I don't know what vendors are going to be there.
Just kill me now
>>
File: concerned birb.jpg (42KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
concerned birb.jpg
42KB, 512x512px
>>9541606
>Don't have wigs for 3 costumes.
>>
Who So Ill trash here
>>
>>9541649
What? Southern Illinois?
>>
>>9541655
Yeah. I'm from the Carbondale area. Somehow it's more surprising to find people at Chicago-area cons from southern Illinois than from across the country.
>>
>>9541655
>>9541677
Springfield here
>>
>>9541677
Not southern but I am a central IL anon.
>>
>>9541215
I'm gonna have them sign in a sketchbook of mine, since I made the mistake of using a wallscroll last year. I also have an Inferno Cop drawing that I want Waka to sign. I'm hyped as hell honestly.

>>9541606
I'm pretty sure they usually have Arda there. I'm kinda peeved that they don't have vendors listed anywhere yet, though.
>>
File: 1498540790570.jpg (160KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1498540790570.jpg
160KB, 1280x720px
>>9541828
I got a LWA poster online. It is hard to find LWA merch. I hope they sell some stuff at midwest. I couldn't find any at acen.
>>
First anime convention goer with a question; how rare is it for industry guests do to stuff like sketches at the autographs/signings/fan meets? Do I just need to ask them/their handlers or is there something that will say ahead of time, or is it considered poor form to ask at all?
>>
>>9542075
It depends on your placement in line. The earlier you are, the more likely you're going to get a drawing. Sushio and Waka had no problems giving me sketches. At a certain point (especially given the popularity of Trigger now), they are most likely going to have a cutoff. Luckily, i think they have two signing sessions.
>>
>>9542214
Ah, I see, thanks for letting me know. I'm mainly going to see and hopefullybget someone from Yoshinari, which in sure lots of others are doing as well, so I planned on camping out as early as possible anyway
>>
I'm ready but I'm not prepared.
>>
I can't remember, but are there food trucks at Midwest too?
>>
File: trigger goods.png (192KB, 584x492px) Image search: [Google]
trigger goods.png
192KB, 584x492px
>>9541867
I know Trigger had some goods they're selling at AX, so I'm hoping they'll do the same for Midwest. I really want one of the LWA shirts or the luluco artbook
>>
>>9542418
It depends if GSC is going to be at AMW. AMW still hasn't released the program book and I don't see anything on GSC Facebook about AMW.
>>
File: 20170702_141848.jpg (2MB, 2976x2976px) Image search: [Google]
20170702_141848.jpg
2MB, 2976x2976px
>>9542214
It depends on the staff handling the line.

Or it just doesnt at all.

I was 5th to last and had my 3DS drawn on as well as had little art things done in my sketchbook.
>>
>>9542320
>I can't remember, but are there food trucks at Midwest too?

No, but there's a ConSweet. Not better food, but it is FREE and unlimited all weekend, which is nice. But you'll have to walk to McDonalds or order pizza or something a few times.
>>
>>9542418
Now I really want that shirt. I hope they saved some for midwest and not sold them all at AX. I am going to get in line as fast as possible after their panels.
>>
Oh man, everything I've seen about the Trigger panel at AX looks fun as hell. I hope they're just as fun for us, too.
>>
>>9542551
That's really neat Anon. I'll just ask either way regardless of place in line.
>>
>>9542880
That's too bad. At least the mall is across the street. Freshii is a good spot to get something healthy at some point in the weekend. There are a number of sit down restaurants around that area too. If you're lucky enough to get a hotel with complimentary breakfast (I know Double Tree has at least), then take advantage of a big breakfast. Iirc, they serve snacks & drinks in the afternoon.

>>9542274
>>9541828
> I'm kinda peeved that they don't have vendors listed anywhere yet, though.

same. I don't understand the hold up.
>>
File: 1498321996615.jpg (101KB, 851x477px) Image search: [Google]
1498321996615.jpg
101KB, 851x477px
>>9541649
Champaign Urbana here
>>
>>9538983
Please don't do that again. cgl's a slow board. Bump by contributing next time.

>>9537711
Oh yeah, we'll be up for getting lunch on Friday. I'll probably post here for specifics when time gets closer, but otherwise, keep an eye out for two lolitas at Mitsuwa then.

Jfc, I keep needing to edit my reply. I did not get enough sleep this weekend.

/polite sage, once again
>>
>>9543422
>Please don't do that again. cgl's a slow board. Bump by contributing next time.

Bump
>>
Anyone need a room? I have 2 spots available in ours at the Crown Plaza. Preferably female, doesn't mind alcohol and light partying. We have the room from Thursday-Sunday for $90 per person.

Please email me if you're interested or need more info
>>
Post your line up! Who are you going as?
>Meet ups are so weirdly limited
>>
File: 1497123789050.png (2MB, 1174x1005px) Image search: [Google]
1497123789050.png
2MB, 1174x1005px
>>9544647
Almost same as ACen

Saturday/Sunday BF4 US Assault
>>
>>9541704
I am also a CIL anon, in Champaign area!
>>
>>9543347
Omg me too!!!! My discord is @lieselfogel#2494, you should message me!
>>
File: 1473083649169.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1473083649169.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>9544647
Bought and partially made a Bell cosplay since Acen, since I wanted to cosplay this time, and didn't notice any danmachi cosplayers. Still have to finish the last bits of the armor and the knife, and style the wig, but it's mostly done.
>>
File: IMG_6724.jpg (855KB, 1920x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6724.jpg
855KB, 1920x1920px
>>9544647
Might throw in a Love Live cosplay for Friday night. Either way, I definitely don't feel ready and I'm already super tired. Still got Mako's wig to cut.

>>9544755
You might be the lovely anon I messaged on discord before! Haha
>>
>>9542418
They probably won't since it's being sold via the goodsmile booth and AMW barely brings in any industry
>>
>>9523751
Me too
>>
Where is misako going to be. Only at the tea party?
>>
>>9545424
Pretty sure she has a q&a panel
>>
File: IMG_20170622_025704_599.jpg (582KB, 1564x1564px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170622_025704_599.jpg
582KB, 1564x1564px
>>9544647
Same cosplays I did for Acen, but added Inko Midoriya.
>>
File: aaf.jpg (382KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
aaf.jpg
382KB, 800x800px
>>9544647
Awoo all days. Next year I hope to have a more extensive lineup but lugging around multiple cosplays is a pain in the ass. I can't even fathom how people do multiple a day especially ones with completely different makeup. If theres a decent metal gear crowd I may consider bringing my Quiet as well, but I doubt it.
>>
>>9544647
Nemurin, Tanya Degurechaff, and persona 5 protag winter outfit (cheap ass closet cosplay)
>>
File: IMG_3454.jpg (1MB, 1082x1500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3454.jpg
1MB, 1082x1500px
>>9544647

Cat earred version of myself with my normal clothes.

I wanted to go all out since this will be my first convention so I got this cat ear wig and was going to get a candyfruit maid costume to go with it but everyone in my group said they weren't going to cosplay and I didn't want to be the odd one out.

So I'll probably just wear the wig so I feel like I'm kinda cosplaying, maybe I'll buy a cat tail while I'm walking around since I positive there's a million vendors selling them.

Should I carry a lot of cash or do vendors usually take debit? Or is there like an ATM at the hotel?
>>
>>9546474
there's an ATM in the convention center's main area, but there's usually a long line for it and you're going to get a ~5-6 dollar fee for taking money out
>>
>>9546474
most vendors in the exhibit hall take cards, only thing you might need cash for is AA usually
>>
>>9546474
Just get a decent wad of cash from your bank before going. Fees on ATM's at the con center and fees / taxes from vendors are awful/

Also don't let your friends hold you back. Make yourself the envy of the group when people stop to ask you for pictures and your friends get left out. They'll jump ship to cosplay asap next time.
>>
>>9546478

Jeez if that's the case than I'll definitely take money out before I go, thank you!

>>9546485

Thanks I'll keep that in mind!

>>9546500

Thank you so much anon, I really should of just gotten the costume a few months ago I shouldn't of let them coax me out of it. It's a little too late to get anything now beside buying a cheap maid costume at my local cosplay store buy next time I'll definitely go all out regardless of what everyone else is doing
>>
>>9546176
Every con needs more Tanya. Just finished the Anime and really enjoked it.
>>
File: C1IKJO9UkAACvw0.jpg (130KB, 675x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C1IKJO9UkAACvw0.jpg
130KB, 675x1200px
>>9544647
Falcon not included
>>
>>9546474
nearly everyone is in cosplay, trust me friend you won't feel left out if you cosplay. chances are your friends will feel like the odd men out. have fun at your first con! midwest was my first one too last year.
>>
>>9544951
I am, haha. Hi!!
>>
>>9545424

The indie fashion show she WILL be there.
>>
>>9544660
whats the long thing coming out of the other thing?
>>
>still no vendor list
>>
>>9547935
There's also an autograph/meet and greet session on Friday. Pretty sure she's free to roam throughout the weekend.
>>
>>9548315
It's a giant radio antenna. If you see it at the con it means to go up and harass him about seagull things.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170705-182222.jpg (343KB, 1440x880px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170705-182222.jpg
343KB, 1440x880px
Ok, anyone really fucking annoyed how he puts a Bernie Sanders link & quote at the bottom of every Anime Midwest email?
>>
>>9549353
I wasn't checking their mailing list mails but that's hilarious.
>>
>>9549353
It's like the cherry on the shit sundae that is Ryan.
>>
>>9537237
Last CAD there was literally almost a foot of snow on the ground in some places.
>>
>>9549353
Probably not a good idea to force your politics onto people whose money you want?
>>
So we meeting up before the con or during the con?
>>
File: 1439312808049.jpg (43KB, 960x528px) Image search: [Google]
1439312808049.jpg
43KB, 960x528px
>>9549353
lol
>>
>>9549446
There's usually a meetup on Friday and Saturday evening.

When and where?
>>
>>9549477
almost every meetup is at the red bar since it's so easy to find
>>
>>9549479
>easy to find

Tell that to the ACen seagulls.
>>
Looks like the forecast unfucked itself, only 10-20% of rain on Friday/Saturday.
>>
>>9547554

Thank you sweet anon-chan, hope you have a blast as well.

I might try to get a quick costume if I can find anything tomorrow before my flight!
>>
I'm trying to find parking near the center, since I'm pretty sure I'll end up getting there before my roommates check in. Can I park in the garage near the financial park even if someone else is using the parking from the room? My best guess now is that I'd have to pay the $15/day fee as someone off the street would, but I'd rather not get towed.
>>
>>9549594
There's a garage at the end of the street between the Hyatt and the convention center that's also $15/night. You probably won't be able to avoid paying (most of the hotels don't even cover parking afaik) so just choose whatever is closest for you.
>>
>>9549479
Isn't the red bar for those staying at the Hyatt only?
>>9549353
I was/is a Bernie supporter, but even I find that shit obnoxious. Keep the politics always from my animu!
>>
Anyone going tomorrow to get their badge and that party or whatever they are having?
>>
>>9549696
>Isn't the red bar for those staying at the Hyatt only?

No, anyone can dine there.
>>
>>9549698
I might go to pick up my badge if I can fight the Rosemont traffic to get there
>>
>>9549594
CTA Blue Line parking at Rosemont is $13 for every 24 hours. You don't pay until you leave.
>>
>>9549594
>>9549927
Also worth noting: there's a free shuttle that goes from CTA parking to the outlet mall and then to the con center. So if you're at a hotel across from the con center, it's not a long walk from there.
>>
>>9549487
It was my first year meeting up pls no bulling I didn't know what any of you looked like
>>
Does anyone know if the embassy has any extra fees on check in that they don't include in the email, like a safety deposit?
>>
>>9550131
I was at the embassy the past two years and I don't remember any sort of extra fees off the top of my head. You should be good, anon.
>>
>>9541649
aurora checkin in
>>
File: image.png (468KB, 1300x900px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
468KB, 1300x900px
>>9549353
Koph better not try anything stupid at the con.
>>
>>9550663
he's gonna show us how bernie can still become president
>>
>>9550663
Awoooo!
>>
File: IMG_6043.jpg (80KB, 1024x736px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6043.jpg
80KB, 1024x736px
>tfw I'm more stressed out packing for AMW than I was for Acen.
>>
>>9550704
I seriously wrote out a list and left myself instructions for moving / packing last things in the morning tomorrow. I always worry I'm going to forget something but I never do.
>>
>>9550704
Same.
>>
Is badge sec as bad at AMW as it was at CAD? I remember it being litterally nonexistant at CAD.
>>
>>9550704
same

half because of "I sure hope I don't forget something" anxiety, half because I'm just not ready
>>
>>9550797
Last year 3rd party guards were posted at all chokepoints. I think it was a knee jerk reaction to the Dallas shootings and also a way to shun Exxxotica attendees. It was a huge mess.
>>
reminder to IRON YOUR SHIT
>>
>>9550954
have to wait till I get to hotel cuz I don't have an iron at home
>>
I'm kind of hoping the pre-reg line on day 1 will be more tolerable compared to last year.
>>
>>9551054
I remember it being long, but it wasn't that bad when the con officially started.
>>
>>9551054
reg line is usually extraordinarily fast! They have that drivers license scan thing to get ur badge quickly.

I think the only other thing going on this weekend is an Indian wedding according to the digital billboard...
>>
>>9551171
>an Indian wedding

Yay, more Lamborghinis to take photos of.
>>
Can't sleep.
>>
>spent the last few weeks making sure my cosplay was all ready and had everything ready to go for the weekend
>forgot to check what events I wanted to go to
I guess I'll just shop for 3 days and see what I stumble upon?
>>
>>9551252
You still have 9 hours anon. It doesn't take 9 hours to peep the schedule and write down what's interesting then narrow it down.
>>
>>9537711
We'll be there around 11 or so. Keep an eye out for a tall and smol Lolita.
>>
>>9551227
Same. Too stressed thinking about the drive tomorrow. Among other things.
>>
>>9551227
I feel that, I can never sleep the night before a con. I'm always worried I'm forgetting things. Thank God the adrenaline keeps me going in the morning.
>>
File: 20170707_001502-2566x1925.jpg (914KB, 2566x1925px) Image search: [Google]
20170707_001502-2566x1925.jpg
914KB, 2566x1925px
>>9544660
>>9548315
>>9548521
Yeah, that's a Thales broadband blade antenna. If you see a cosplayer walking around with a yuuuge antenna, that'd be me. Pic related: BF4 US engineer cosplay for Friday.
>>
>>9551252
if you don't go to the trigger panels I'll track you down and kiss you irl
>>
File: unnamed.png (43KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
43KB, 300x300px
Is there a discord server yet? https://discord.gg/mE4HG
Join this if there isn't one!
>>
>go to chill in the embassy
>Mouthbreathing Yugioh players everywhere

Lovely.
>>
>>9551662
Can you post a new invite? This one's expired.
>>
Is there food at the hotel/convention center? I'm about to uber in but I don't know if I should try to find somewhere to eat first
>>
If anyone wants to share a room last minute, I have a sofa bed in my room at the Crowne Plaza. 70$ per night. Just be clean and preferably not a snorer.
>>
I'm sorry for the late reply. We had some makeup mishaps this morning. My friend and I are on the road.

>>9551791
Yes but the cafeteria is overpriced. There are plenty of restaurants at the mall down the street.
>>
Do we have a time for the meet up yet?
>>
>>9551863
I saw MAGA anon with another Operator lookin Anon. Maybe theres a meet up already
>>
File: 20170707_123627-1944x1458.jpg (536KB, 1944x1458px) Image search: [Google]
20170707_123627-1944x1458.jpg
536KB, 1944x1458px
>>9551866
At Bub City with MAGA Awoo.
>>
Fire Alarm already went off at the Hyatt!
>>
>>9551883
Flock to me, gulls!
>>
>>9551890
Nayrt Still 20 minutes out, also never been to a meet up before, only person i may recognize is battlefront
>>
Is the meet-up for everyone? Im not cosplaying at the con
>>
>>9551883
DAY OF RAKE WHEN
>>
Discord https://discord.gg/Xf527Sf
>>
What time will the Saturday meet up be? Just spot the negro in a grey Virgin Killer. Not there now, but honestly only going for parties and seeing friends at the Hyatt.

Though I pray it's not like last year. Bogus security trying to prevent people from entering the Hyatt (a public space) and ignoring normies.

>>9551904
I don't know how someone can develop this type of mentality. It's not a cosplay only sekrit club anon.
>>
>>9551932
Just asking. Never hurts to know and than find out later that.
>>
Just got here and am waiting in line for badges
>>
File: 20170707_111158.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170707_111158.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
On my way now, call to me if you see me in my hat.
>>9551946
Is badge pickup at the same location as ACEN?
>>
>>9551896
>>9551904
That wasn't really the main meetup. We were just having lunch.
>>
>still waiting for my hotel room
>"your room is ready but you're too early!!"
Fuck off, motel 6
>>
>>9551965
Yes? I didn't go to Acen this year though
>>
File: image.jpg (38KB, 560x420px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 560x420px
>>9551932
>>
>>9552075
Why are you salty? Did they try the security thing again?
>>
who here /in line for trigger/
>>
File: 20170707_162714-1458x1944.jpg (535KB, 1458x1944px) Image search: [Google]
20170707_162714-1458x1944.jpg
535KB, 1458x1944px
>>9552141
Here
>>
if you see the huge braixen pokemon fursuit, say hi to us!!
>>
>>9552146
post pics cuz I will unironically stop you and say hi
>>
>>9552145

I just saw you and wanted to stop you really bad but I'm not in cosplay today. Hopefully tomorrow
>>
This is gonna be my first time going to AMW this year. It was sorta planned last minute so I don't have a room but it's fine since it's only a 20 min drive from where I live. Hopefully I can make it to the Saturday trigger panel.
>>
meetup?
>>
Yo some of us going to red bar 8pm be there or be square
>>
Is there gonna be a red bar meetup today?
>>
File: IMG_8921.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8921.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>9552328
>>9552325
>>9552327
seagull meet at red bar begins. We're right by the entrance wrapped around big red chair at the entrance. Battlefield, Jojo, Awoo, and $10 beer man are here.
>>
>>9552327
Who do I look for over there?
>>
>>9552359
Flock to us, gulls!
>>
>>9552359
Might be there around 9 if the festivities are still going on.
>>
>>9552375
No, be here now!
>>
File: IMG_3529.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3529.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Will there be a meetup tomorrow?

Playing brawl and going to go to a movie so I can't today but I really want to meet some gulls
>>
>>9552162
But why? You could of said "Hi" to me.
>>
>>9552382
This gull thinks video games and movies are more important than the meetup. Sad!
>>
>>9552383

Because there was already plans to go to the movies for our friends birthday, and I'm also shy
>>
>>9552385

Please no bully it's my first meet up and I just don't want to approach the wrong people and we are suppose to go to the movies soon
>>
>>9552359
What you guys have planned? Im at dennys now grabbing food.
>>
>>9552396
We're talking and hanging out right now. Going to panels next.
>>
File: LeJjLMN.jpg (18KB, 401x401px) Image search: [Google]
LeJjLMN.jpg
18KB, 401x401px
Was anyone else a part of the godawful Trigger autographs? A bunch of us went straight from the Trigger panel and got cut off, because the dealers hall closed at 8. They basically told us that if we want to make the autograph session we have to leave the panel early.
>>
Meet up is over fyi, everyone split for panels
>>
>>9552419
Any interesting panels coming up?
>>
Is there going to be another meetup later?
>>
>>9552424
Tomorrow night same place.
>>
>>9552420
I'm headed to bad anime. Not sure what everyone else is doing, they were heading to some 9PM shit. I have arrows tattooed on my arm.
>>
>>9552359
shit, I'm pretty sure i walked past you guys. totally though "I bet this is the /cgl/ meet, lol" too, haha. If anyone noticed the cute 9s crossplayer walk by, that was me
>>
>>9551911
If you arent in the discord yet, you should be
>>
>>9552386
It's all good. Don't worry too much about it. We'll have another meetup tomorrow.
>>
Today is another day. Wake up anon.
>>
>>9552877
fuck u i do what i want
>>
>>9546176
Are you a guy or is there another Tanya I saw
>>
Is there any LWA merch? I've found barely any.
>>
>>9553031
I found Luluco plushes but no LWA.
>>
>>9552407
i didnt go to the lwa panel and i still didnt get my signatures until like 730, i was around 20th
>>
File: 1374107308398.jpg (35KB, 327x348px) Image search: [Google]
1374107308398.jpg
35KB, 327x348px
reminder : seagull meet tonight at the red bar, 8pm to ??. Hope to see you there, don't be shy.
>>
they did it again, trigger autographs were cut off 20 minutes before the panel ended
>>
File: C__pTGYUAAA7miV.jpg (88KB, 850x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C__pTGYUAAA7miV.jpg
88KB, 850x1200px
Anyone bought Misako's book at the booth? Are they selling it online?
>>
Who's the 2hu awoo cosplayer? You're cute
>>
Is this the biggest con in Chicago? Are there others that are just as big that haven't happened yet? I've been wanting to try out a con for a while but always get cold feet when it happens. Was thinking I would do this one but it doesn't seem like there's much excitement about it on here.
>>
File: a07.jpg (724KB, 1176x1000px) Image search: [Google]
a07.jpg
724KB, 1176x1000px
>>9553230
>>
>>9553263
Biggest is ACEN. This one is like a 4th
>>
>>9553263
>biggest anime con in Chicago
>Anime Midwest

Not even although Midwest always gets nice guests. Anime wise, ACen is the largest in Chicago
>>
>>9553230
Bet you won't say it in person
>>
>>9553263
Overall C2E2, anime is Acen.
>>
C2E2 is the biggest by far, /cgl/ just doesn't seem to go to it
>>
Thread is dead. Be in the discord
>>
>>9553375
The invite link is expired dumbass
>>
>>9553281
>>9553283
Isn't ACEN the largest in the US too? Pretty sure I heard that somewhere
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Seagull red bar meet is go. We're at the fire place. Pull up a chair and gather round.
>>
>>9553474
Anime Expo's the largest anime con in the US. 115k attendees vs ACen 30k
>>
>>9553505
Holy shit over 100k, thanks for the correction!
>>
Crashan feels trip com thru
>>
Lolita left her phone, I think bf4 has it
>>
>>9553031
someone in the back row of AA has a very cute akko charm!
>>
>saw a qt Ryuko playing in the games room all alone
>never got the balls to say hey to her

What if she was lonely anons?? I ruined everything
>>
File: 1411020520043.png (131KB, 294x265px) Image search: [Google]
1411020520043.png
131KB, 294x265px
>mfw getting into panel area with no badge
>mfw not caring about panels and leave to socialize more
>>
>>9554063
You dumb
>>
How did the lolita fashion show go? I wasn't able to attend this year, so I'm curious.... I also wanna know how the tea party goes.
>>
>>9554172
What is socializing
>>
>>9554172
>socially awkward as fuck
>panel lineup is shit outside of trigger
>game room is 1/3rd the size of Acen's with only half the people
>fancy saturday cosplay was too hot and uncomfortable to wear for more than 2 hours
>/cgl/ meet fails to crash a panel with no survivors
10/10 would consider going again.
>>
>>9554800
What was wrong with the Trigger line?
>>
File: MYXJ_20170708165028_fast.jpg (1015KB, 962x1280px) Image search: [Google]
MYXJ_20170708165028_fast.jpg
1015KB, 962x1280px
>>
File: lucky chloe.jpg (1MB, 1078x1918px) Image search: [Google]
lucky chloe.jpg
1MB, 1078x1918px
After seeing an Eddy Goro and Hwoarang I wish I went during the day to find a Lucky Chloe.I want to cosplay her so much.
>>
>>9554933
I meant that there weren't any particularly interesting fan panels and the only interesting industry panel (to me) was Trigger.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1499648063452.jpg (151KB, 921x455px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1499648063452.jpg
151KB, 921x455px
>>9554445
Lolita fashion show was pretty underwhelming, there was only one designer. Tea party was a lot of fun, though. Misako was super sweet and took a lot of photos with people. Food was pretty good, too. Everyone was very nicely dressed with the exception of two older itas but they were nice so it didn't really matter. I had a great time, would totally go again.
>>
>>9555143
The designer was really good but I wish the other designer had showed up. It's pretty rude not to show isn't it? Not that I know why they didn't show , maybe it wasn't their fault. Tea Party was really fun however, everyone looked really nice. I didn't see anyone dressed too poorly but maybe my standards are low
>>
New thread. >>9555207
>>
>>9544758
Showing as no results? It is caps sensitive tho so whats up?
>>
>>9554800
>/cgl/ meet failed
??
At least 6 people showed up for both. Saturday was like 12. Thats pretty good considering how scared most gulls are to meet apparently.
>>
>>9553021
That was me, I kept being told I was the only Tanya there
>>
>>9555370
That referenced the Feels Trip panel we all went to. The other gulls can tell the story of the failed crashing since I had to head home after the Angel Beats scene.
Thread posts: 411
Thread images: 60

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.