[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In the process of making a lolita website and would appreciate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 2

File: Angelic_Pretty_2013ss_3_1.jpg (99KB, 500x752px) Image search: [Google]
Angelic_Pretty_2013ss_3_1.jpg
99KB, 500x752px
In the process of making a lolita website and would appreciate suggestions. Here's what it's going to include...
>BST and feedback
>forum
>a social media component, everyone has their own page similar to FB or MySpace where they post pics, have a little journal, fill out their interests and can friend each other and leave comments
>group pages for comms to plan meets and keep the members updated on anything important
>Section for daily outfits
>>
>>9488676
No offense, I really appreciate the effort, but we don't need another lolita site
>>
>>9488679
Agreed, we're a small niche group, we really don't need another website. If anything we need people to help work on the existing websites so they work.
>>
I'd kill for something like this. My biggest suggestion is that you actually follow through instead of so many who've come before you with false promises.

>>9488679
How? The LJ sales comm is pretty much dead, the Facebook one is awful, and Lace Market doesn't let you post for things you're looking for, only sales. Yeah, there's the /cgl/ BST threads, but not a lot of people use those. As for social sites, all we really have is Tumblr and Facebook, both of which are terrible. I love OP's idea of an all inclusive website that has everything the community needs in one. It would be awesome if executed properly.
>>
>>9488681
What are all these numerous websites you guys are referencing? Because every major site I can think of has big issues and a well executed and maintained replacement would be welcome.
>>
>>9488676
I really don't think we need something to replace lacemarket. They are working on WTB anyway.

Focus on the social media aspect and maybe integration with lacemarket later.
>>
>>9488676
Sounds just like an international version of dunkelsüß
>>
>>9488723
This and preferably something that can replace CoF.
>>
>>9488735
>dunkelsüß
I would honestly welcome something like that.

>>9488676
OP, instead of wasting time on another selling/social platform use the site as a webzine. Get some "reporters" to cover major events, artists to create some cover art, writers to publish articles and do interviews, and maybe let people submit editorial photoshoots. I've been thinking about this sort of thing a lot since GLB folded- I think it's time the Western lolita community struck out on its own and quit relying so much on Japanese tastes.
>>
I've seen multiple threads throwing out this idea of a new Lolita site, and assuming they're not the same person, flooding niche hobby with sites from different people isn't sustainable. If these people are serious about the task, it's definitely not something one person can make and maintain themselves, so I'll take these kinds of topics more seriously if they're coming from some sort of group.
>>
>>9488811
I'm not the OP, but I'd go halfsies with you/help out with the webzine idea if you're really seriously interested in starting one. (It will at least look good on a resume!)
>>
>>9488676
Are you looking for assistance at all? I'm willing to help out if you are.
>>
>>9488811
>a webzine

That'd be cool, I would love to see more lolita content in a curated space. Hell, I'd even help draw some shit.

And if anything else, it'd be nice to have a centre platform with organized lists of different lolita sites, blogs, social media, etc.
>>
>>9488687
We have Lacebook and Aliceholic too but not very many people use them, so I don't think another lolita-centric site would do too well.
>>
I too have begun working on a site with a similar concept. I work with Wordpress full time and I think it'd at the very least be a fun side project if it doesn't end up taking off. Contact me if you want to bounce some ideas back and fourth, and possibly even collaborate on something. This invitation extends to anyone else interested as well.
>>
I think it might be better to integrate Lacemarket and Lolibrary (which are both fairly well established websites) instead of creating new things and overwhelming yourself. That being said, I would love a lolita-exclusive social network. One key thing should be avoiding any sort of casual "like" feature as Facebook has. I think this discourages meaningful interaction and encourages things like attention whoring for "likes".

Something I'd love to see Lolibrary implement would be something like what My Figure Collector has with an extensive wishlist/owned/looking to buy system.
>>
>>9488849
Lacebook existed for a while, but that died really fast because not enough people actually migrated there. There's also the Alice Holic app
>>
>>9488833
Aliceholic is IOS only. And lacebook killed itself from the start by being invite only.
>>
>>9488849
>One key thing should be avoiding any sort of casual "like" feature as Facebook has. I think this discourages meaningful interaction and encourages things like attention whoring for "likes".
This. God I hate "likes/favorites/hearts" so much. If you like it so much, actually comment on it. Is that so hard to do?
>>
>>9488862
AliceHolic would be awesome if it wasn't just for shitty iPhones.

Lacebook just didn't have the right timing. People are sick of FB, and a lot of us are only on it for lolita stuff. This is a really good time for a mass migration to a good new site.
>>
This would be tricky to categorize and get down to specific qualifications but user labels like newbie, sophomore, and veteran Lolita as well as designer, photographer, enthusiast would be cool. Anyone who hasn't posted a full coord is considered an enthusiast until proven otherwise.

Users should be able to make their own groups with instant messaging features so that comms can migrate and plan. They can set their privacy to different types of users so that only confirmed lolitas or whatever they like can see or join.

Definitely don't do invite only at the start, that always turns people off. See Ello, Google plus, lacebook.

Have a visually appealing UI that either has multiple themes or something that can appeal to people across all substyles. I personally would not like a bright pink, hyper cutesy website but I have plenty of friends who would.
>>
>>9488676
no fucking "algorithm" shit, everybody sees everything they subscribed/followed/liked/whatever equivalent. not mixing ads and recs with the normal feed. this is what ruined social media for me apart from the normiefication
>>
>>9488822
I think a lot of people want to make a new lolita site, but then realize it's much more difficult than they thought and abandon the project. Not a single "future site" I've seen discussed over the years ever becomes reality and they're almost always along the same lines of a BST/social network with some differences from each other. I still participate in these threads, though, because if someone ever comes along whose serious, be it OP or random lurker, they may some get good ideas.

I love the idea, but no one follows through.
>>
>>9488676
>>9488836
There seem to be at least a handful of people who are interested in making some type of something, but unfortunately a few of them are possibly only in it for the popularity and the e-fame, and if you don't count the fame-hungry, there aren't too many people left.
It seems like if we brave few who are left legitimately want to SUCCESSFULLY achieve anything though, we may have to collaborate and pool our resources and talents.
I'm fine with it personally, I could also see why some people wouldn't be, but I don't think we'd honestly be able to succeed fully on our own on a project of this size.
>>
>>9488811
The girl who wrote the big article about glb folding on rufflechat is already doing this, so might be good to submit to that too.
>>
>>9488679
>>9488681
The only active discussion sites are facebook and cgl. I hate facebook and as nice as being anon is sometimes it'd be much better concrit wise to see who's saying what. Especially with all the cosplayers, robots, summerfags, and jealous "lolita at heart" wannabes butting in. No matter how many sites open up a place where you can be completely anonymous will still have plenty of traffic anyway.

>>9488849
Agreed, a like feature would just make it turn into another tumblr/facebook anyway.

Other anons were talking in the unpopular opinion thread about how things like a jsk being worn several ways aren't a thing anymore because of format. And it really is much harder to post casual coords without feeling like spamming. A website where you could also block certain people from showing up would be great. So you don't have to see that one ita that hasn't improved since 2007 over and over again. It would also hopefully cut down on the personal topics and politics, even if just a bit.
>>
>>9488874
not to mention how bitchy they are
They deleted my posts because being around with a Lolita coat is not a coord in itself?
>>
I would love to have my Lolita-facebook only visible to Lolitas.
I only use facebook to keep my Lolita life updated. I post my dresses, my not-so-COF coords to my timeline, sewing projects, thoughts about Lolita... etc. It is like a micro-blog for myself and my friends, and I enjoy it.
But I with it was isolated from normies, from people who don't understand Lolita.
I would like a small social media only for Lolita, but with still freedom to post whatever I want, without patrolling like >>9489591
I just mentioned.

I'm not talking about not having moderation.

Maybe an All-J-fashion website? if it is not J-fashion, it is not allowed.
>>
>>9488676
I love forums as hobby discussion platform! If we had a non-anonymous forum we could get more reliable concrit too. I don't think we need another sales website with LM already well established, though.

It's not the prettiest but vBulletin can handle pretty much all that stuff, and you can have a front page with news, which would be great for brand releases and party/convention announcements. I'd love to help with content creation!
>>
>>9489596
> if it is not j-fashion it is not allowed

i think that's a bit too strict.
if we want a place where good daily coordinates are encouraged, we should allow more western elements in the fashion (i'm talking fanny rosie or queran ruffles type of coords, not office blouse itas)
lolita in general overlaps a lot with western historical/vintage fashion and gothic lolita and aristo overlap a lot with western goth fashion. of course the discussion should always be in context with lolita but banning those fashions entirely would be stupid, imo just as stupid as banning non lolita brand items like salopettes or cutsew dresses.

it should still be a website for lolitas, where they can also discuss other things (including other fashions) as opposed to a website for weebs with a lolita section. (this is basically what 4chan is already)
a general j-fash site would attract too many non-lolitas. the site should remain lolita focused, but it doesn't need to be invite only. like op suggested there could be titles like enthousiast (for people with no coords), beginner (maybe for people with under 10 coords) etc.
maybe make mods have to approve the titles so itas can't post 10 garbage coords and be fine with it.
the "enthousiasts" should also have restrictions, to prevent spam etc.
>>
>>9489643
Main pieces from Japanese brands, coords that are predominately j-fash inspired, and ofc any coords that fit their aesthetic should be allowed. Everything else most definitely shouldn't otherwise it'll turn into nothing but hot topic and generic western goth. You can't say western fashion should be okay then remove completely unrelated itas without there being a huge fit and scandal about favoritism and etc. However someone like Fanny Rosie would fit into what I mentioned above perfectly.

Maybe a somewhat private part of your profile or a separate category for non-jfash or non-lolita? With people who have no outfits in the lolita category having only slightly more access than lurkers and/or something similar to an unverified icon.
>>
Who was it that created some of the current lolita-focused social media sites like Lacebook, Lacemarket, the Livejournal EGL, Amino, the Reddit page, etc?
Are the creators active/no longer active?
>>
>>9489596
You can try putting all your lolita friends in a group on Facebook and setting the privacy settings on your post to be visible to that group only.
>>
>>9489229
Thisss
>>
>>9489643
>there could be titles like enthousiast (for people with no coords), beginner (maybe for people with under 10 coords) etc.
>maybe make mods have to approve the titles so itas can't post 10 garbage coords and be fine with it.
>the "enthousiasts" should also have restrictions, to prevent spam etc.
Great idea.
>>
>>9488692
I'm not trying to be a bitch but I don't belive for a second this new website will be well maintained, it sounds like this is the same anon from a few months back that wanted to make a new lolita site and everyone kind of waved her away. This sounds like a one man operation/tiny team so don't expect anything amazing, and what happens when anon gets bored with it/frustrated or moves on? We'll be stuck with yet ANOTHER broken website that constantly needs maintenance, or it'll get so little traffic it'll die out in a few weeks.
All this sounds like is when a bunch of 14 year olds want to make their own videogame; lots of talk and hype with either no final end product or something laughable.
>>
>>9489720
I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same anon, but given how many of these threads I've seen pop up over the years and how many poorly maintained sites we have, I think the community has a big problem with people creating/wanting to create sites then casting them aside.
>>
The social network aspect would be the most interesting, but I think the BST would also be a good idea, especially if it was for jfashion across the board. I know everyone's like "but we already have LM" and I know the maintenance for it has vastly improved, but I'm still not really over how unreliable that site was before the big overhaul (which let's remember was less than a year ago) and it would be nice to have an alternative sales site just in case.
>>
>>9488822
I second the part about a group doing this. Does anyone remember LM's early days when the single person owner kept turning down much-needed free help and let the site break often? That is inevitably what happens. It's why Lolibrary did well, they allowed many contributors so that it didn't all rest on one person's shoulders who would inevitably burn out or move on fron the fashion. In order to spur a big migration, we need stability and performance. If a new site can address the needs of the community, it should be enough to entice an active userbase.
>>
>>9489566
>A website where you could also block certain people from showing up would be great
That'd be perfect, I'd love this feature for Lacemarket. I really hate some sellers and I hate that I'm tempted to buy their stuff.
>>
>>9489766
Why would we want multiple sites for sales? It's already annoying with Japanese auctions, why would I want that for the west? And Lacemarket is, what, years old? Most sites do struggle at the beginning especially when they had such a large initial user base. Why the hate anon?
>>
>>9489766
I especially want something for trades

I also really want a database for translated articles, interviews, art and scans
>>
>>9490016
NAYRT, but I don't think it's hating on LM to say it would be nice to have more than just one Western sales site to rely on. I don't get what's so bad about having other options? I love that we have the Japanese sites too. If you only want to use LM, just use LM. No one's forcing you to use sites you don't want to.
>>
>>9490052
I never said I only want to use LM, more that it's simpler to have everything in one spot. I hate having to check 15 different places for Japanese sales and then find out the one I forgot had the dress I've been after and it's sold out. For simplicities sake, we don't need another sales website.
>>
>>9489700
But then, my page would not be visible to "new" Lolitas, to people who has the same interests.
>>
>>9491191
You add people to the list when you friend them, it's a private thing so people don't see that you've done it or have to accept an invite or anything.
>>
>>9489591
Aliceholic or Lacebook?
>>
My suggestion is to restrict armchair lolitas from posting or commenting except in a newbie or beginner area. Let them read and see everything but cut down on the posts from those not yet in the fashion and limit them to one place. One of the biggest drawbacks to cgl is that it's full of wannabes with opinions but no actual wardrobes.
>>
File: stackO.png (44KB, 1036x528px) Image search: [Google]
stackO.png
44KB, 1036x528px
Was browsing StackOverflow the other day and decided to join.
Then looked at their rules, which are very strict, yet fair.
Maybe similar rules could apply to commenting or downvoting.
any thoughts?
pic related
>>
>>9489555
Is her zine up yet? I'd like to see it. I love the idea of several lolita zines.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.