[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

German General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 4

File: 1489548136416.png (1MB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1489548136416.png
1MB, 960x960px
Dokomi comes up on 3rd-4th June. Are you attending? Are you cosplaying?
Maybe we can meet and have a fun time.
>>
Chisaiicon is this week. Any gulls going?

OP
>yes, I'll be at the Dokomi. It's my first time. Not in cosplay though
>>
Anyone attending the AP Tea Party in Hamburg? I wonder what stuff they will bring to sell.... really hope for the Perfume series
>>
I'll be at Dokomi too. I wouldn't mind a seagull meeting. The last one was fun.
>>
Going to Dokomi too on both days. Sadly without a cosplay after I fucked up in several ways.
>>
>>9488774
Who were you trying to cosplay?
>>
>>9488777
Planned to go as Maki from LL.

>inb4 LL not overdone at all
>>
>>9488994
If you are cute it doesn't matter who you are going to cosplay.
>>
>>9488675
I hope for some bargains to be honest.
>>
I'll be at the dokomi as well for the first time. Both days in cosplay. I'm pretty excited since the con (and stuff like the j disco) sounds like fun, i really hope i won't be dissapointed.
>>
I will be at Dokomi too, in cosplay, and I got tickets for the ball. I'm so excited already, Dokomi is my favourite event in Germany.
>>
I'm Dutch and thinking about going to Dokomi this year or next but... how well am I gonna get by with bare minimum German skills? I'm not particularly interested in lectures etc. but mostly just communicating with other cosplayers and such.
>>
>>9489589
Usually everyone knows english, so you should be fine.
Remember, Germany is a cuck state.
>>
>>9489589
Alot of people here speak English? And there also be lots of other attendants from other countries
>>
>>9489589
Don't worry anon, you should be fine with English.
>>
>>9489589
I think Dokomi is one of the only german conventions whose trying to actually translate stuff in English? Connichi and the likes doesn't, but since Dokomi is closer to the border, more international folks is visiting.

Also, most Germans speak English, at least the older folks.
>>
>>9489687
Well it is already set on the same level as the Japan Expo in Paris, so it's just natural they gonna translate their stuff into english
>>
As if there are no german seagulls here.
>>
>>9491127
I always wonder about that too. There are so many German gulls in the other threads, but whenever there's a German thread it'll die within no time
>>
I'll be attending Dokomi like for the 5th time or so. Remember the times when it was at a school. It keeps growing for a reason. Would like to crossplay but not sure if I'll make it.
>>
Me and a buddy of mine are going for the first time this year, gonna pretend to be chads and hook up with some girls.
>>
>>9494491
Me and a buddy of mine are going again this year, gonna pretend to be girls and hook up with some chads.
>>
>>9488675
I will be going. Bargains would be nice, but I don't think it will happen. At least not at the AP booth. Maybe if there is an 2nd hand booth you might be lucky.
I hope it's going to be a nice event. It feels like noone is attending which is quite sad. It seems decent so far.
>>
>>9496090
I heard that the tickets for the tea party on the boat are nearly all gone though. And many people left out ChisaiiCon to attend the Magnology. Let's see, only two weeks from now, right
>>
>>9488675
I really hope for some rereleases or something like that crown dress if which the name I forgot.
I don't have any expectations though.
>>
>>9491308

Or mostly the lolitas talk among themselves. German cosplayers seem rare af.

Anyways, did anyone hear what exactly happened with the ICL contest that was supposed to be held at Dokomi? I heard it was cancelled or something? What is this clusterfuck with the contests generally?
>>
>>9497010
Even the lolitas don't talk much here anymore. Maybe they are afraid to get outed as gulls?
>>
>>9497028
Possible since the community cosplay and lolita seems to be very tight knit by what other gulsl have told before.

Still is being a gull that much frowned upon?
>>
Most people here act like 4chan is the wordt thing on earth and full of bitches while many never even read anything here, plus some are plainly too dumb for english.
>>
>>9497215
Really? Glad I'm a lone lolita then. /cgl/ really taught me a lot and the drama can be entertaining to watch from time to time.
>>
>>9497215
I came here some time ago and to be honest people on /cgl are mostly very friendly and well behaved compared to some twads whith whom I need to deal irl. But I also think that English might be a great barrier. Despite learning it from second grade on not many of us seem to actually know how to use it. Especially among the more popular cosplayers it seems to be normal to be bad at it (though a lot of them also seem to quit school early because 'mental health problems' lol).

And for the lolitas, are there even any active comms despite the COF girls? I mean active in the way of actually meeting up regularly and not just twice a year
>>
As a dutch anon who will be going to Dokomi for the first time (the whole weekend). Do you guys have any tips on thing that I absolutely cannot miss at Dokomi?
Also I woudn't mind a seagull meet if you guys do that. Would be fun to meet german seagulls!
>>
>>9497592
make sure to spend some time outside the con itself, the cosplay shootings are mostly happening in the park and the Japanese garden. Be in the line ahead of time if you want to see a show, since the halls have limited capacity. I would recommend workshops and cosplay contests. The maid café and host club are also quite famous, but always overbooked, so I haven't been to it in ages. The saturday evening cosplayball is legendary, but tickets are hard to get.
>>
Does Dokomi have air conditioning inside?
>>
>>9500676
if I remember correctly, it does have AC in the entrance area and at the cloakroom area, but I'm not sure about upstairs and the big hall.
>>
File: 1474837322842.gif (58KB, 495x623px) Image search: [Google]
1474837322842.gif
58KB, 495x623px
>tfw you get feedback describing you as "efficient"
Onkel Adi wär stolz
>>
I'll be going! I'll be helping run the Tales of booth on Sunday and cosplaying Saturday. I don't speak any German but yeah drop by and say hi we've got goodies!
>>
>>9501187
I'll try to drop by if I can make some time in my schedule.
>>
>>9501017
that "Adi"?
>>
>>9502884
the Austrian with the funny stache
>>
>>9503172
that's what I was asking
>>
So I've just seen the "art" for the tales fanstand and it's fucking awful. Seriously there's so many talented artists at dokomi they could have literally gotten any of them but this is cringe.

http://blog.talesofgame.com/de/tales-of-fanstand-auf-der-dokomi/
>>
>>9504214
It's okay I guess, have seen worse.
>>
>>9498595
How much earlier should I get in line to watch the cosplay contests?
>>
Have you been to the Lolita Street Fashion Display?
It was pretty decent. Are some of the models even gulls? That would be funny.
>>
Now that Dokomi is over, Magnology is the next to come. Any gulls are going to the AP Tea Party?
>>
File: 2017-06-03 13.16.50.jpg (1020KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-03 13.16.50.jpg
1020KB, 2048x1536px
No con is safe from this.
>>
>>9508652
From an insider I heard that AP was supposed to come to the Dokomi, but was snatched away by Hamburg.

>>9507775
You talking about the fashion show on the Dokomi? Cause I was.
>>
>>9509853
Yes, I'm talking about the Dokomi one.
Did you know all the answers to the quiz?
>>
>>9509853
I've been there too. As someone who aspires to enter the fashion, it was a great experience to see so many lolitas "in the wild".
>>
>>9497418
Frankfurt, Aachen, Berlin, Munich, Nuremberg and Stuttgart have meets every 1-2 months as fas as I know.
>>
How are the reactions to lolita and cosplay in public? I read the harrasment in lolita thread and wondered if the real bad things happen here too.
>>
BAYERN WINS LOL
>>
>>9510226
Speaking for northern germany: It's mostly stares, sometimes people shout something like "is it carnival yet?", sometimes they ask what this dress up is about. Most annoying thing is people sneaking photos of you. I didn't met someone really rude yet again I'm only around daytime and rarely alone.
>>
>>9510226

As >>9510314 said, it'll be pretty much stares, sneaky photos and maybe some comments along carnival/fasching/halloween. As long you don't enter the really problematic places of your city in the middle of the night by yourself, you should be fine.
>>
File: smiling grimmer.jpg (29KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
smiling grimmer.jpg
29KB, 640x480px
>>9488638
Is there any table of german cons? I live in czechia so right next door but I had no idea there were some upcoming... maybe I could whip up a nice costume in time.

Also, will I be fine with english at Dokomi? Is it anime only cosplay or also western games etc?
>>
>>9510415
>Also, will I be fine with english at Dokomi? Is it anime only cosplay or also western games etc?

Definetly. Dokomi grew to a remarkable size and has lots of artists, booths and guests that are from other countries and don't know any German themself. If you are not from Germany, but interested in visiting Dokomi, give it a go!
>>
>>9510552
Ah thank you very much for your answer! I'll try to be there.
>>
>>9508890
This is fucking stupid! Just WHY!!!!!
>>
>>9508890
can anyone explain?
>>
>>9510899
nevermind, just googled it
well, that was pathetic
>>
>>9509947
Aside from the year Kamikaze Girls came out, yeah. But I was a model so I couldn't answer, lol.
>>
>>9510226
Worst things are stupid comments from some jerks. But mostly it's stares and if it's a group people ask alot of questions and ask for photos which can get pretty annoying.
>>
>>9510415
I can only talk about the Dokomi, but you will definitely be fine there.
>>
>>9510226
No idea about cosplay, though I wouldn't wear it in public except if going to a con. But with fashion I think it's kinda ok. You may get some stares, children calling you princess, older people praising you and aski g for a photo and the common 'is it carnival?' 'Are you going to a play?' etc
>>
>>9510933
Since all lolitas on stage were cute, you are cute.
>>
How has the magnology x ap event been? I do not see much posts about it on fb. The photos I saw looked nice.
>>
>>9517341
it was really nice. the cof-girls made a good job.
but i don't understand the first place of the angelic pretty best dressed. the second place was so much better.
>>
>>9517341
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3xmHr7lgcs&feature=share

this video looked also nice
>>
>>9517931
pocketdragon never looks good in anything
>>
>>9510415
https://www.messen.de/de/1523/branche/comicmesse

the Aninite near Vienna is nice (if you are close to Austria)
>>
is the Animagic worth attending ?
>>
>>9517931
>>9518013
At least post some pictures
>>
>>9523167
I liked it a lot when it was in Bonn. They always had great guests and you can actually get very close to them and chat a lot with the real makers of the animu.
Music Acts were awesome: Jam Project, Garnidelia, Kalafina...
Cosplay was also ok, the off-con gatherings by the riverbank were a lot of fun.

There was a fraction that hates Animagic for several reasons, though:
>they build a fence around the park and sell "out door tickets" which don't even let you get most of the show
>they don't support fan activities in any way
>very commercial

Now it has moved to Mannheim, I won't make it, though.
>>
>>9523197
You can find some in the CoF group on FB. Not much but at least a few. Maybe there some more on instagramm.
>>
any guls here who still use dunkelsuess?
what do you think about the actuall situation?
many users are pissed and also three Foto-Mods leave the team. Now they start to collecting ideas for DS(agaaaaiiiiin....) and for me it smels like they want to rescue the alredy dead page.
Do you think its possible that DS can rise up again?
>>
>>9529123
Care to share some Information to an outsider on what happened to that page? I was lurking the public gallery there every once in a while but never been part of their community due to their "our page can only handle so many users, so send an application to us first" rule.
>>
>>9529123
I don't know which mods are still there because I deleted my account but the mods I know are totally resistant against user suggestions. They never do anything for the website, they only tell you that they hate your idea but they won't do anything else. They just like the title "Mod" and have fear that someone else will take their spot.

I don't even understand how some people still go online on that shitty website
>>
>>9517931
It was the only outfit that fit the theme so it was kinda predictable that it would win. And in my opinion there weren't many creative outfits to choose from in the first place and why should always the most OTT people win (btw my outfit was also super boring as fuck but I go to events to enjoy them not to show off my outfit skills and especially not at 30°C)
>>
>>9508890
that's hilarious! Glad cons have humor these days
>>
>>9529166
I didn't know the event had a theme in the fiirst place to be honest. But I'm the same, it was predictable that she would win. Both Maki and Asuka seem to be stunned by her headdress and hair. They made a lot photos of it.
>>
>>9529572
I expressed myself wrong. The Tea Party didn't had an offical theme, I meant that her outfit fitted to the location and activities of the Tea Party
>>
>>9529123
DS is dead. It greatly missed the point where it could have saved itself if it would have got with time. Yes, a moderated gallery ensures quality but this is not what people are looking for anymore. The opened up new spots too late, they waited too long to open up for google chrome and aren't working well for mobile. It's totally outdated as a whole. It would need a complete revamp and I don't think mods are willing to do so.
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.