[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WCS prelims - AX

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: DANrXPQUAAAOhxX.png (198KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
DANrXPQUAAAOhxX.png
198KB, 600x315px
In another brilliant move by World Cosplay Summit USA, the prelims were just announced for a convention in a little over a month.

You don't have time, they don't have time, it's like they're purposely trying to get no one to enter
>>
File: Screenshot_20170519-163405.png (395KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170519-163405.png
395KB, 1080x1920px
>" we are no longer affiliated as an organization outside of Alumni."
What does this even mean
>>
>>9485120
The people running the FB page are no longer involved in the running or planning of the event itself.
>>
>>9485122
Yeah they've posted about not being in charge anymore for a while.
>>
>>9485028
what's so great about this?
>>
>>9485120
It means they got punted out on their asses for mismanagement. Now they are going to cry like children about it.

One of their former US staff just got roasted on someones FB page. She was trying to demonize someone and got internet curb stomped when the person pulled a screenshot proving she was lying.
>>
>>9485395
Where were they crying like children? I saw this post as "don't ask us questions about the event because we don't run it anymore."

Would also be interested in this roast if you have links.
>>
>>9486533
>>
>>9486816

Don't set out to compete if you want to do convention stuff instead. Even hardcore back in the day masquerade competitors didn't take time away from it and traveled out specifically to compete.
>>
>>9486852

Are you ok there?
>>
>>9486852
You can correct people without throwing an Internet temper tantrum.
>>
I agree with >>9486819
I get that two teams want to swap, but you get what you're given in terms of slots and it leaves the organisers open to all sorts of problems. For example one team not getting the memo and not turning up at the correct time or one team changing their minds after the fact. It's just too much of a risk for people just wanting to mess around at the event instead of taking this comp seriously.
As someone prepping for it in a different country I've pretty much written off everything else for the day of the comp.
I couldn't stand it if a costume piece was damaged due to fault of my own or someone else walking around, and I'm not about to change last minute either in case other problems crop up which need my attention, which can happen no matter how many times you rehearse.
If they give two shots about making it and potentially representing your country, they should make this a priority and save the fun for next con.
>>
>>9486816
>>9486852

Yoo, are you that creepy dude who has been dead set on following around a girl from that Soul Calibur duo, the one with the really cool demon arm? Sick, man. You really going to demand a group bend over backwards to your random demands?
>>
Damn son WCS defense force out and about. They can do no wrong and that's why they got displaced.
>>
>>9486875
I don't see any defense force, just a couple people with different opinions. Maybe you should try having a conversation with them to better understand their viewpoints.
>>
>>9486875
i've seen worse, desu this is 4chan afterall
>>
>>9486868
pro-tip: No matter how hard you try, the winners are already preselected. You will learn that soon little babby. The WCS US was fired because someone called them out on it and Japan had to get rid of them because they were blantly obvious about it. Look who who got sent to the CICAF, look who was judging? All a bunch of WCS US staff and former winners.
>>
>>9487472

Dang, being this mad.
>>
>>9487551
Because slander is totally a reason to not be mad. Cosplayers strong suit seems to be lack of accountability.
>>
File: 5Y6y8Lbd3.jpg (139KB, 506x420px) Image search: [Google]
5Y6y8Lbd3.jpg
139KB, 506x420px
>>9485028
ready for the inevitable
>>
>>9487575
They'd probably do pretty well
>>
>>9487629
>sticks ass out
>sticks tits out

Instant win
>>
>>9487663
Wcs is a popularity/marketability contest, isn't it? I'd replace momo with someone who isn't a patreon camwhore though.
>>
>>9487629
They can't put on a show and Moomoo is too fat.
>>
>>9487728
>>9487755
But that's what Japan wants. Girls to fap to.
>>
>>9487764
They want entertainment, not cossluts that are considered "not pure" They want you to dance, they want you to jump. They only give a shit about 20 percent craftmanship and 80 percent putting on a good show. We send them a bunch of stuck up bitches that think their craftmanship makes them gods and it pissed them off.
>>
Wasn't there some drama about the chick from this year's' Syfy Cosplay show and the WCS some years back or am I getting mixed up? Something about Team Anerica bitching that they didn't get as much attention as Team Italy or Team France and the chick throwing a massive fit?
>>
>>9488097
You are getting some shit mixed up really badly.
>>
>>9488056
sluts or gtfo
>>
>>9490627
We got Patreon for that.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.