[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Summer/Warm Weather Coords

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 10

In many places in the world its warming up, so I'd love to see your favorite lolita/otome coords for warmer weather.

Some questions:
What do you do to stay cool in lolita? What tips or tricks do you have for other gulls?
What's your favorite main piece for summer? What's your favorite blouse, cardigan, or bolero for summer?
Are there any parts of your coords you tone down or skip when its warm out?
What accessories do you break out when the weather's nice?
Do you incorportate parasols into your coords? Where did you get yours?
Do you ever "break" the rules and wear open toed shoes or go blouseless?
(It'd be super cool if this thread didn't devolve into an argument over whether or not your shoulders need to covered, we had enough of that in the COF thread.)

I'll start with a small dump.
>>
>>9484879
>>
>>9484880
>>
>>9484920
>>
>>9484924
>>
>>9484926
>>
>>9484927
>>
>>9484929
>>
>>9484931
Sorry gothic lolitas, its a lot harder to find warm weather stuff that hits all the right notes.
>>
>What do you do to stay cool in lolita? What tips or tricks do you have for other gulls?
Short sleeves, cage skirts instead of pettis, OPs > JSKs (to keep layers to a minimum). Lacy blouses are really good since your skin is mostly exposed but they still look like you're wearing a blouse. This works especially well in gothic.

I honestly go without blouses a lot of the time t b h, I'll probably be called ita for it but I'm not sacrificing my comfort to please strangers on the internet.
>>
Oh boy anon I feel this thread so hard right now, my AC is busted and I've been living without it on the top floor of a 1920s building. Weather says its 80 outside but no matter how many fans I turn on its at least 90 in my apartment.
>What do you do to stay cool in lolita? What tips or tricks do you have for other gulls?
Cage skirts are a godsend. When its hot I tend to avoid any and all polyester, as it doesn't breathe at all and makes you feel 10x hotter & 20x sweatier. I don't tend to do ankle socks but I do use more thin thigh high stockings in lieu of tights.

>What's your favorite main piece for summer?
I have a few old school baby JSKs that aren't lined in polyester that I wear a lot when its hot

>Do you ever "break" the rules and wear open toed shoes or go blouseless?
I'll go blouseless when I'm just running around town but I usually try to wear at least a bolero for meetups.

Something I'm thinking about is making a linen underdress or blouse for the summer. Linen is great at keeping you cool, but I worry the coarser texture of it will look kind of out of place in lolita
>>
>>9485027
Linen is just a material, the trick will be to find it in an appropriate weave and weight for a blouse.
>>
Wearing big straw heats, keeping hydrated and staying out of the sun already helps a bit.
Material wise I go for chiffon/polyester or some thinner cotton fabrics. Lighter colours, short sleeves and lace tights.
If it's unbearable I also go blouseless and without legwear. Fuck the rules in that case.
>What's your favorite main piece for summer? What's your favorite blouse, cardigan, or bolero for summer?
Feerie JSK by JetJ. The dress is so light and airy, it almost feels like you are wearing nothing at all, kek.
I have a nice crochet bolero by JetJ that is my to-go item for hot summer days. I generally prefer boleros over blouses in the summer. They are just more airy and not so sticky on your skin, I sweat a lot less in them compared to blouses.
>Are there any parts of your coords you tone down or skip when its warm out?
I got the lightest and most sun sensitive skin tone, so I generally tone down on makeup as I need to wear the maximum amount of sunscreen and re-apply it every few hours. Casual petti, so less poof. Less accessories, I don't like anything sticky on my skin. Sometime no blouse or legwear.
>What accessories do you break out when the weather's nice?
straw hats, straw bags, lace tights, lace boleros, crochet boleros
>Do you incorportate parasols into your coords? Where did you get yours?
I don't. I'm usually travelling in summer to some hotter countries and the parasol would take too much place in my suitcase. It's also not getting hot enough in my home country, so I never felt the need to buy one.
Yes. I don't call these outfits lolitas though and don't post pictures online. I know they're unpolished, but that's okay. I don't need the approval for every casual daily outfit of mine.
>>
Anyone have any recommendations for cute sunhats? I have a couple that don't work in lolita, but I'd love to find some that do. Bonus points if they actually provide some shade for your face.
>>
>>9485062
Haruhiclover on taobao
>>
File: 214050018.jpg (20KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
214050018.jpg
20KB, 320x320px
>>9484879
My first concern is protecting my dresses, if it's gonna be hot and sweaty regardless I'd rather be less cool but sweat on an undershirt than sweat on my dress.
>What's your favorite main piece for summer? What's your favorite blouse, cardigan, or bolero for summer?
I love wearing light OPs, I think they're way cooler than wearing a JSK or skirt + blouse. I usually wear cotton blouses with a lower neckline because chiffon is deceptively sweaty because it's usually made from polyester. I like open crochet boleros.
>Are there any parts of your coords you tone down or skip when its warm out?
Only wigs, which aren't necessary anyway. Where I live it's 30ºC (86ºF) at the absolute most even in a heatwave, so I don't think there's a reason to skip legwear or anything, I've got away with wearing velvet in summer plenty of times before.
>What accessories do you break out when the weather's nice?
I really like parasols but people usually ask me why I've got an umbrella out when it's sunny.
>Do you incorporate parasols into your coords? Where did you get yours?
I have a few in different colours, from AP, BtSSB, IW and offbrand. I saw some really cute Taobao ones on lolita updates a while back but my SS told me they had sold out early in the reservation period. I want to get a Lumiebre umbrella but they're really expensive, twice the price of most brand ones.
I've liked a lot of the open-toed shoe designs lolita and otome brands have put out even though I don't wear them myself. I think they're really cute with ankle socks but people in the West generally seem to hate socks and sandals together. I have a couple of JSKs that I think look good blouseless but most cuts don't work for it IMO.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.