[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Itabag/Fandom Fashion General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 93

>The swimming shrine edition!

Last one: >>9469929

Itabag FAQ and Beginners Guide v. 2.1
>https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZeyH-Ttv_az3u7AVnqoebrilS_ZhPi2uaTQAWqT1PKY/edit
Read the document first before asking basic questions that have been answered time and time again like "is making a bag for ___ ok?" and "where do i get the heart bags??".

Buyf/a/g Guide
>buyfag.moe
>>
>>
>>
File: B8xHRYFCIAEnPW7.jpg (96KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
B8xHRYFCIAEnPW7.jpg
96KB, 600x450px
>>
File: B8xHVKQCEAAwc8-.jpg (109KB, 600x466px) Image search: [Google]
B8xHVKQCEAAwc8-.jpg
109KB, 600x466px
>>
File: B-VcY4QCMAA_8S9.jpg (74KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
B-VcY4QCMAA_8S9.jpg
74KB, 600x450px
>>
File: BzZfwlOCIAAhoxj.jpg (52KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
BzZfwlOCIAAhoxj.jpg
52KB, 600x337px
>>
File: C0AFRLSUcAAyfqq.jpg (142KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
C0AFRLSUcAAyfqq.jpg
142KB, 1024x576px
>>
File: CCiHajDUgAAsnc2.jpg (90KB, 600x528px) Image search: [Google]
CCiHajDUgAAsnc2.jpg
90KB, 600x528px
>>
>>9483218
This is next level shit
>>
Has anyone else had trouble communicating with Luxas Shop lately? I was in the middle of compiling my spreadsheet with them when they just stopped responding. Haven't heard from them in almost a week now, despite sending a couple follow-up emails... Am I the only one?
>>
>>9483216
>>9483218
>>9483211
Now these are goals
>>
>>9483301
I know these people are the reason a lot of ordering forms say "limit 3 per household" or something
I wonder how these people get around it? Have a lot of friends?
>>
>>9483304
They probably trade/buy secondhand given how everyone loves to do blindboxes instead of just letting you pick a design.
>>
>>9483258
No!! I thought I was the only one! My stuff keeps selling out because they're kind of slow so I thought they were just getting annoyed with me giving all these backups lol. I was thinking it was pretty unprofessional...
I do see them on Skype sometimes but then I go to message them and they go offline.
I'm realllllly hoping they get back on track soon.
>>
>>9483301
>>9483304
The badges pictured are gacha only so no limitations there. But being in japan has its perks and trading is very common. I always bring extra/tradable merch with me on my trips and make requests via twitter.
>>
>>9483258
I haven't heard from them in a few days either... I hope everything is okay.
>>
>>9483316
I'm glad I'm not the only one on one hand, but I'm sorry it's happening to you too! Their lack of response IS pretty unprofessional, especially since they advertise themselves as super fast with communication, but I'm getting concerned now. Fingers crossed whatever's happening isn't anything major.

>>9483385
I hope so too.
>>
>>9483218
I honestly thought this was giant cake from the thumbnail.
>>
File: 20170518_143637.jpg (245KB, 920x725px) Image search: [Google]
20170518_143637.jpg
245KB, 920x725px
12+ hours, 16 feet of el wire, and a whole lotta suffering and stabbed fingers.

Got three lines of el wire on top, two along the bottom, and one inside the length of the window pocket.

Now I just got to sew down my Barnaby cutout and add the rest of my merch and I'll be done!
>>
File: 1494285799951.gif (874KB, 500x616px) Image search: [Google]
1494285799951.gif
874KB, 500x616px
>>9483453
I love it!
You hard work paid off anon, it's always nice to see new ways to implement stuff like lights into itabags.

So what's everyone else working on?
>I'm currently working on making a Rilakkuma itabag since I have a stupid amount of merch for him
>>
>>9483453
This is probably my favorite use of lights on a bag! It looks so good! Can't imagine how much your fingers hurt right now.

>>9483501
I'm working on a Sonic the Hedgehog bag. Waiting for some fabric I got printed to ship out.
>>
>>9483501
i recently started stalking the thread makes me want to make an Ita Bag even more
>>
>>9483408
>>9483385
Have either of you ordered from them before? I decided to take a plunge with the few good reviews they have floating around but I hope this isn't a regular thing with them..
>>
>>9483501
I'm hunting for a bigger bag for my Maki merch, and I'm debating a Chiaki Morisawa bag.
>>
>>9483258
>>9483316
>>9483385
>>9483408
>>9483533
Their English rep had to take a few days off for personal reasons but they're back now and going through their backlog. A lot of their other reps don't speak a lick of English which is kinda understandable. Can't really answer messages if you don't understand what the person is asking for. You guys should be getting replies for the next few days or so.
>>
>>9483501
>So what's everyone else working on?

Since I just got back from japan, I'm working on fixing my previous itabags to make them look nicer with better base bags. Right now, it's:

> hisoka/illumi
> frankenstein from code:realize
> toudou/makishima for the things that didn't fit the color scheme of my current bag
>>
>realized I overshot the amount of merch needed for the bag
I have a bunch of items coming in, and only now am I realizing that they won't all fit on this bag welp.
>>
>>9483501
I'm working on my very first bag! It'll be for Victuuri (I know, like everyone and their mom, but I just love them a lot and it's helpful that so much merch is coming out for them right now...unlike some other older subjects I'd like to do). Just got my Wego heart bag and my orders are starting to come in so I'm excited to get started!
>>
>>9483501
I'm taking a minor break from buying since monthly bills have been taken a toll of my budget lately, but I have a Hibari/Tsuna bag that's I've been working on and off for the past year and a Victuuri bag that's just waiting on the rest of the preorders.
>>
>>9483578
Thanks so much for the update. I appreciate it!
>>9483533
I've done one order with them before and they were great! I generally got replies the next day and they even sent me extra postcards related to what I order as a gift.
>>
File: tumblr_neharwQE3A1snosjno1_500.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_neharwQE3A1snosjno1_500.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>9483501
Currently working on/re-arranging about five Yowamushi Pedal bags. Really want to put part of my collection to use, I feel bad having collected stuff over time and just having half of it sitting in a box.
Been proving difficult to find base bags I really like that won't end up fkn expensive with SS+international shipping+customs, tho (and still salty the wego backpacks are gone, I wanted a yellow one so bad..).
>>
>>9483533
I hadn't ordered from them before either.

>>9483578
Ah, okay, that makes sense. Thank you for letting us know! I hope we all get our emails soon.
>>
I wanted to make an Utena bag using mostly Utena and Anthy merchandise but I've come into a dilemma.

Do you use a pink rose colored bag (going with the series' signature color) or a white colored bag (representing the color of Utena's dueling rose)?

I'm leaning more towards white simply because it's technically Utena's color.

Thoughts?
>>
>>9483721
I'd pick whichever of the colours would make the merch you have pop more.
>>
Itabag meetup at Fanime anyone? I could post to the FB group but maybe we'd prefer to keep it seagulls only?
>>
What do you think of those 'Itabag Starter Kits' people have started selling?
>>
>>9483721
You could also do red since both Anthy Utena have red in their costumes. Black would probably be nice too, but out of pink or white I'd chose pink. White would get dirty very easily.

I'm excited to see your bag! Have they released any merch for 20th anniversary? I haven't seen anything.

There aren't many Utena bags out there. This is the only one I've seen
>>
>>9483578
Ahh cool thanks! The last email they sent me was a little abrupt and different from the previous messages so I guess that answers that hahaha.
>>
>>
>>9483755
There's a new Kumomeita of Utena's duelist uniform on Movic. Gonna make a preorder.

I haven't heard of any merch for the 20th anniversary. I know there was that gacha capsule series like 2 years ago, but I already see them on that bag.
>>
>>9483747
Eh, they really seem to aimed towards bandwagoners who just want to join in on the fun ASAP. I find part of the joy of itabagging is to search and hunt down that rare merch. The only good thing about those starter kits is they have focus and aren't 20+ different series, just usually one character, so that at least steers people in the right direction to keep to the "cringey dedication".
>>
>>9483747
Do you have examples? I don't have facebook unfortunately.
>>
>>9483830
Not OP, but I assumed they are referring to sellers such as YY Kawaii on storenvy.
>>
>>9483728
which day, anon? i'll have my Check, Please! itabag, but was only planning to carry it Monday when i have my Bad Bob jersey on.
>>
>>9483501

Still sprucing up my first Victuri bag and I just ordered the base for my second (I'm buying too much merch to fit on one bag). I've still got to fit my ribbons and add some flowers and rings to my first one. I'm not quite sure what to do to the second one other than have it just be a bigger version of the first bag. I also ordered a smaller bag for Christophe but that will just be pretty casual.
>>
File: damnitcaptcha.png (436KB, 378x502px) Image search: [Google]
damnitcaptcha.png
436KB, 378x502px
Anyone going to the itabag meetup at Animazement next weekend?
>>
File: ak01.jpg (1MB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
ak01.jpg
1MB, 1280x1280px
>>9483501
Hetalia England anon from a few threads ago - finally got my bag together. Still needs a few small touches, but I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out.
>>
File: ak02.jpg (995KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
ak02.jpg
995KB, 1280x1280px
>>9483957
I even found one of those fluff ball things that matched the colour of his fairy/rabbit.
>>
>>9483965
>>9483957
As someone who used to be a Hetaliafag, this pleases me so much.
Good work, anon.
>>
>>9483907
Yeah I'm planning on being there. It's not perfect, but my Sailor Moon bag is complete enough to start going out.
>>
>>9483971
>As someone who used to be a Hetaliafag, this pleases me so much.

Same! >>9483965 it matches flying mint bunny perfectly!
>tfw still a light hetafag but like low-key because the fandom was so embarrassing
>>
>>9483971
>>9483995
Thanks guys!

The fandom's younger members are still pretty fucking cringey (and thanks to Tumblr, overly PC), so I just stay in my quiet little corner and appreciate the pretty country boys.
>>
>>9483992
Can't wait to see! There's a surprising lack of Sailor Moon bags.
>>
File: shitbags.jpg (568KB, 777x1173px) Image search: [Google]
shitbags.jpg
568KB, 777x1173px
>>9483501
>So what's everyone else working on?

I've decided to start working on a second T2-bag because my love knows no bounds and I have too much merch for just one. Also there's new stuff coming out constantly.
I want a backpack but don't know which one yet. The one with a star-shaped window would be a safe bet, and they're readily available in Ikebukuro since I hang around there a lot anyway. They feel pretty small, though, so I'm not sure.

>tfw new Pedal gacha-machines are everywhere
>tfw have rolled the machine nearest to my apartment at least 15 times and gotten only three Teshimas and one Aoyagi

The gacha has given me so many Manamis and Onodas that I'm drowning in them.
>>
>>9484030
I've literally been obsessed since I was 8 (I turn 27 this summer), so desu I got into itabagging to have something to do with my SM gashapon collection and as an excuse to buy some of the merch that I think is adorable but would otherwise have no use for. I'll post a picture of my bag here after a few of the pins that I have ordered arrive.
>>
>>9484454
I love the yukata charms in the second photo. I wish more series did those because I'd love one for my OTP.
>>
>>9484454
Your undying dedication to T2 never ceases to amaze me. Super looking forward to see what you do with the second bag!

Also, hoping I don't sound rude in any way but
>tfw have rolled the machine nearest to my apartment at least 15 times and gotten only three Teshimas and one Aoyagi
Would you perhaps have any characters (aside Manami and Onoda) you'd be willing to sell overseas or do you usually just trade them/sell to local fans?
I was pretty unlucky when I was there recenty because it was right before all the new season events started and new merch started coming out. I only found two YP gacha machines during my whole trip and they were older items. Will probably end up searching otamart and such whenever I get some more monies for newer pedal goodies
>>
File: 140228749f285d8a.jpg (33KB, 364x480px) Image search: [Google]
140228749f285d8a.jpg
33KB, 364x480px
>>9484483
I know that feeling! I'd watch it weekdays on a public channel then come home and watch it on Toonami. I was barely in middle school when Haruka showed on screen for the first time and my never-ending crush on her is basically how I found out I was a lesbian. I don't have the heart to watch her in Crystal though, not with that art style.
>>
>>9484501
The first couple of seasons are rough, but I 100% recommend checking out season 3. They switched animation directors and it looks pretty good now, plus this is the adaptation that I have wanted for so long. It does so well by Uranus and Neptune and it's so gayyyyy. I've always felt like Usagi is bi or pan (I say that as someone who's bi and heavily relates to Usagi on a personal level) and s3 of Crystal doubles down on that.
>>
>>9484503
Going off the manga I always assumed most of the scouts were bi/pan and Haruka and Michiru were the only actual lesbian couple (though I think Haruka is canon nonbinary now? Which I like being a major butch lesbian myself and confused for both genders daily.) but I think if anyone was ever unsure with how nearly all the scouts fell for Haruka even after they found out she was female there's always Sailor Stars and the "It's hella gay if you ignore the anime because they don't turn into dudes, they just crossdress." and all the romance that spawned between Seiya and Usagi. Not gonna lie I wish they had gotten together because Mamoru has his own alien loverboy to get with and I despised Chibi Moon from day one.

Also Zoisite and Kunzite in the anime were together but in the mangas they're shown more like brothers and paired off with different scouts so ????

It's like a big old shipping universe of LGBT goodness and I love it.
>>
File: IMG_1956.png (575KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1956.png
575KB, 750x1334px
>>9484508
Yeah I think Crystal really benefits from following the manga so closely, and that really shines in season 3. Also relevant pin that I'm waiting to be released to add to my bag.
>>
>>9484514
I don't even have a bag planned and I want this pin just to put it on my daily bag. Thanks anon!
>>
>>9484514
Now I know that the two were lesbians but I did not knew they enjoyed American television.
>>
>>9483501
Still working on my Maeno bag. I have more stuff coming in soon next month!

Also working on a Tokiya from UtaPri and JJ from YOI bag, was going to make it a Mamo bag but I just have a lot of Tokiya and JJ so... Anyways, I really really just need a basebag for that and I just haven't bought it yet. Also, I worked on my Hijikata bag with the help of a anon who was able to ship me stuff from the Hakuouki cafe. Also need to get a base bag for that.

Does anyone else get a lot of the merch for their bag before buying the base bag?
>>
>>9484531
I always get the merch before the bag so I know how much I'll have to fit on and what size bag to get.
>>
File: C_TIRoeU0AAtTBH.jpg (133KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C_TIRoeU0AAtTBH.jpg
133KB, 900x1200px
>>9484496
Yes, I agree, the yukata charms are one of my absolute faves! They're relatively hard to come by and fairly expensive. More series should definitely make similar ones, they're adorable.

>>9484498
Anon you're so nice, thank you! Also don't worry, you're not coming across rude at all with the questions.
I definitely can ship some of the charms from the gacha overseas. I don't know what it would cost tho? The machine has Onoda, Manami, Teshima, Aoyagi, Izumida and Kuroda.
I gave some of the charms away to my friends, and at the moment I have three Manamis, three Onodas, one Izumida and one Kuroda lying around. Hell, if you want some I can go and roll that sucker right now and send some over (except if my luck changes and I only begin getting T2, in which case I'll keep them all).
Pic related was one of my recent rolls, one of the Kurodas got a new home now tho.
>>
>>9484541
No problem and I'm glad i didn't come across as rude! I would love to keep the remaining Kuroda and Izumida if you by chance found out how much would overseas postage cost. Been dying to add some third-year Izumida to the merch I got of him and picked up my first couple Kuroda items while I was there last month!
>>
>>9484557
Can do, anon! I'm gonna look up the shipping rates after the weekend, it's probably not gonna be much since the charms are light.
Throw me an email with your address and stuff (and some general Pedal-talk if you want), email is in the name field.
>>
>>9483527
I'm looking forward to seeing your bag! For awhile, I was thinking about restarting from scratch for my own and do more experimenting.
>>
>>9484578
Thank you SO much for this, I dropped you an email! Take your time, I'm really thankful
>>
>>9483453
So happy to see you went with the el wire a gull suggested on discord! It looks awesome i might try this myself!
>>
>>9485022
Same! I was really glad they sent me that way and I managed to find some that was affordable for the length.
>>
>>9483728
>>9483843
I'll be at Fanime on Sunday. If that's a good day for everyone, we could meet at the poop snake statue like last year.
>>
File: 20170519_220525.jpg (292KB, 686x965px) Image search: [Google]
20170519_220525.jpg
292KB, 686x965px
Done for now until I can figure where to put more merch that doesn't construct the view of other merch.

On a related note, anyone got any saved pics of those itaphones with all the gachapon figures dangling from them? I've got just under a dozen I couldn't fit in my bag and I can't figure out how to grapevine them for mobile strap use.
>>
File: C_JZBV9VwAIX1v8.jpg-large.jpg (329KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
C_JZBV9VwAIX1v8.jpg-large.jpg
329KB, 1536x2048px
>>
File: fujoshievolution.jpg (256KB, 723x954px) Image search: [Google]
fujoshievolution.jpg
256KB, 723x954px
>>9485387
Forgot my crappy outfit pics. I don't know how multi-baggers do it! I had to keep putting stuff down just to take photos of other stuff and I'm really wondering how I'm going to get through a day at con juggling everything.

Still working on the outfit though and trying to fix my cellphone grape bunch.
>>
File: CwRF5atUEAAVO5K.jpg (240KB, 1200x850px) Image search: [Google]
CwRF5atUEAAVO5K.jpg
240KB, 1200x850px
>>
File: IMG_0051.jpg (397KB, 1600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0051.jpg
397KB, 1600x1066px
>>
File: mig.jpg (44KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
mig.jpg
44KB, 300x400px
>>
I had an unusual encounter with an different kind of fanatic today. I know train-otakus exist, but apparently mountain-otakus do, too.
I climbed a mountain near Tokyo today, and saw a man with a backpack full of pins and badges from various mountains - like itabag-tier full. They were neatly arranged, too, from afar I though it was an actual, normal anime-itabag. The badges were probably from all the mountains he had climbed.
I know the person didn't mean it as an itabag, he was just a mountain-climbing fanatic who wanted to show off his dedication and all the places he had visited. But to me, it sort of seemed like one. It was clear what he was passionate about, and it was shown off in a very itabag-sort of fashion.

It was kinda cute either way, the man was probably in his 60's. Didn't take picture tho, was too shy to ask and a candid photo would have been rude.

Sage for being off-topic. It would be pretty interesting to know if there are more itabag-type of tendencies among other hobbyist-groups.
>>
>>9485743
That's really cool actually. It'd be nice to see more stuff like that even if they're not strictly itabags in the anime merch sense. It's like those people who show up to cons with 20+ badges on from all the different conventions they've been to.
>>
>>9485704
Omg I love this bag so much!!!
>>
>>9485707
Not an ita bag
>>
File: HTB1leu8QXXXXXXcaFXXq6xXFXXXN.jpg (125KB, 750x918px) Image search: [Google]
HTB1leu8QXXXXXXcaFXXq6xXFXXXN.jpg
125KB, 750x918px
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Simple-Transparent-Letter-Print-Canvas-Bag-Women-Shopping-Bag-Girls-Handbag-Wild-Casual-Female-Totes-Daily/32802655244.html
>>
imagine putting a plush in one of those and you become one of those pregnant barbie dolls
>>
>>9485925
Dropped my reply
I meant >>9485562
>>
File: image.jpg (37KB, 395x395px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 395x395px
>>9485925
im in a really shitty mood and this was exactly the joke i needed. bless you anon. (polite sage for OT)
>>
>>9483218
>not pepsi
>>
>>9483957
Holy shit you've done best boy such justice. I've had some merch from my weeb days, but not enough for a bag aha. Nice work!
>>
File: parapapapapapaapapa.png (1MB, 828x646px) Image search: [Google]
parapapapapapaapapa.png
1MB, 828x646px
Anyone have any ideas on how I could use these stickers in my bag without them getting trashed? I was thinking of using those design your own buttons, but the only sizes I can find are 2.5 and 3.5 inches which are a little big for such tiny stickers.
>>
File: 1480287236924.jpg (372KB, 1504x1077px) Image search: [Google]
1480287236924.jpg
372KB, 1504x1077px
>>9486195
>Parapa itabag
OH MY GOD YESSSSS

For the buttons you could put in some pretty scrap book paper behind the sticker so it won't look so empty!
>>
Fanime itabag meetup when?
>>
>>9485707
What is this supposed to be for or of...?
>>
>>9486459
Band wristbands I think?
>>
>>9486380
Sat 4-5 at G9
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,20527.0.html
>>
File: bag_00.jpg (388KB, 760x760px) Image search: [Google]
bag_00.jpg
388KB, 760x760px
slowly planning my bag out, and i was wondering if this would be a good bag (i like the style) and/or if anyone has any pics of a itabag similarly done with this type bag?
>>
>>9487144
I think the only issue that's been discussed with that bag is that the plastic is just a flap, so the sides are open and merch could potentially fall off/get pulled because of it. Depends on how you feel about that, otherwise is a perfectly fine bag
>>
Anyone own multiples of the same -type- of bag (eg. heart window) but different colors for different characters? Or do people generally just buy different styles of bags? I've fallen in love with this one kind and want to get it in 2 different colors.
>>
>>9487193
I have 3 different colors of heart bags. Nothing wrong with having more than one of the same type.
>>
>>9487193
I'm awaiting my second heart bag to arrive and still want a second wego full window backpack (but since they're gone, gonna have to look for an alternative, they were my fav model and I regret not having bought more colors when they were still on wego's site).
I think it's perfectly fine to own the same type of bag? I mean, you're the one who's going to wear it, if you like that particular type I'm not sure why should it matter. I think some people like to have different ones just for diversity sake or even because they like to match the style of bag to the character (like, a cute frilly bag to a cutesy/girly) or even to a particular outfit they intend to wear it with but all comes down to your own taste. If you love the bag, get it in all the colors you want
>>
>>9487215
*to a cutesy/girly character
>>
>>9487193
Yes, very much so. I have an obsession with the WEGO clear window front backpacks and have 6 of them, all different colors (so sad they're discontinued though). Each bag is a different character and all the merch is arranged differently. I just love the build of the bag and how the merch lays in it. Also, it's not like I can take all 6 of them out at once, so no one knows. If anything, I can do 1 backpack and 2 totes at cons.
>>
>fav guy isn't super popular
>still has a decent amount of fanmerch even if official ones are basically non-existent
>tfw a fuckton of the artists don't ship outside the US

Okay then....
>>
File: 9e1f2e605919666a5efa5c26ac22090e.jpg (325KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
9e1f2e605919666a5efa5c26ac22090e.jpg
325KB, 1024x768px
didnt think i'd see a Gakuen Handsome bag
>>
File: BURN IT.jpg (140KB, 634x840px) Image search: [Google]
BURN IT.jpg
140KB, 634x840px
>Today on "How NOT to make an itabag"
There are so many things wrong with this, but how they seem to have printed out PICTURES of merch to pin on instead of even buying bootlegs takes the cake. Also, I looked up the person who made this and they seem to be in their 30's? If you're that old you should have/be able to save the money for making a decent bag.
>>
>>9487301
Have you tried messaging them to see if they can ship it to you? I know some artist don't bother listing shipping out of the country because they think there's a lot of interest
>>
File: 7b2.jpg (12KB, 320x337px) Image search: [Google]
7b2.jpg
12KB, 320x337px
>>9487723
This bag triggers me on so many levels
>"real ones are too expensive"
>printed cut outs of official merch
>those safety pins
>blue backdrop looks like a piece of colored paper
>clear vinyl adhered with velcro onto the front of the bag

And before anyone start bitching, yes, you can make an itabag on a smaller budget. You don't have to spend 500+ for a bag. It's in the passion and construction that makes it shine.
>>
>>9487576
D-Dorito-sempai is that you??
>>
>>9487767
Don't forget them tossing their entire collection of 10 things onto the bag then filling the rest with the printed cutouts.
>>
File: bouqet.jpg (50KB, 321x550px) Image search: [Google]
bouqet.jpg
50KB, 321x550px
>>9483501
I'm working on my very first ita bag, for Alphonse from Fullmetal Alchemist. Decided to randomly rewatch the 03 anime last year and fell back in love with the series harder than ever.

Been off to a slow start collecting stuff, but I'm having fun thinking of how to decorate the outside of the bag. I've got the teal heart window bag and I was trying to think of way to put the red flamel on the side of the bag. Or possibly seeing how it'd look if I put leather strips around the heart and added rivets to kinda look like the leather "rib" pieces on the armor.
>>
>>9487301
I would DM the artist and see what they say. If you emphasize that you're willing to pay the shipping, I'm sure it would change some seller's minds. I'm from the US and filing out custom form is very straight forward, I'm not sure why so many are hesitant to at least offer international through personal contact/DM.
>>
>>9487576
I never thought I'd even see merch for it period.
>>
>>9487301
I must know who
>>
kamata-kun anon! i'm nowhere near done but i wanted to show off since my charms finally came in the mail.
>>9486195
i would just laminate them? that's what i'm considering doing
>>
File: u54ITl4.jpg (2MB, 2988x5312px) Image search: [Google]
u54ITl4.jpg
2MB, 2988x5312px
>>9487866
dropped the picture, sorry.
>>
File: image.jpg (9KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
9KB, 300x168px
>>9487723
>That Yotsuba figure shoved in the corner for no reason
>>
>>9487866
My friend actually suggested I print out the backdrops from each of the game stages and put them in card sleeves with the stickers instead of doing buttons. If that doesn't work out, yeah, I'll probably just laminate them.
>>
File: tumblr_ombbeljuoa1rp7u4ro2_1280.jpg (295KB, 1280x668px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ombbeljuoa1rp7u4ro2_1280.jpg
295KB, 1280x668px
How on earth do you guys manage to layer stuff so things are overlapping without it looking messy and wonky and.... unintentional?! I feel like I am missing some really obvious technique. My attempts have just looked hideous.

Arranging merch in a way that looks pleasing is a lot more challenging than I anticipated (although I guess it doesn't help that I seem to have more than will reasonably fit too). My respect for the rest of you has gone up tenfold seriously
>>
File: img_124996_7.jpg (412KB, 1024x817px) Image search: [Google]
img_124996_7.jpg
412KB, 1024x817px
>>9488390
Best bet is some sort of pattern.
>>
File: DSC_1110-4128x2322.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_1110-4128x2322.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
I have fresh information from the mother land.

Tokyu hands is selling ita pencil case bags now.
One in every colour imaginable.
There is a separate clear window for your ita needs.

>photos resized because they were oversized
>>
File: DSC_1109-4128x2322.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_1109-4128x2322.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
>>9488921

Another example.
>>
File: DSC_1108-4128x2322.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_1108-4128x2322.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
>>9488922

Another example.
>>
File: DSC_1107-4128x2322.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_1107-4128x2322.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
>>9488924
That was all at the ikebukuro Tokyu hands, the stationary floor.

This photo is from the animate in ikebukuro. They have an entire section selling clear bags/insides of every colour.
>>
File: signal-2017-05-19-104438.gif (835KB, 310x226px) Image search: [Google]
signal-2017-05-19-104438.gif
835KB, 310x226px
>>9488927
I don't have an itabag, but I thought of you guys when I saw this. I hope. This is actually useful information for you guys, and not just old news. I didn't see anything in your docs about Tokyu hands/animate. So maybe you can update it? Feel free to use my images.
>>
>>9488921
> now

they've been for months. The bag floor also has base bags.
>>
>>9488932
Aw man so sorry about that then.
I saw the *new* and thought it was actually new.
>>
>>9488927
I think it's fairly well known that they sell bags in animate, but thanks for the pic!
>>
I upgraded from a tote bag to a full window backpack because I had too much merch and in the two weeks it took to get here I got even more husbando merch, so now even that's too small.

Such a dangerous hobby.
>>
File: 1491075434937.gif (1MB, 275x180px) Image search: [Google]
1491075434937.gif
1MB, 275x180px
>>9488921
>>9488922
>>9488924
>>9488927
Itabag nirvana.
>>
File: mockup.jpg (74KB, 819x501px) Image search: [Google]
mockup.jpg
74KB, 819x501px
>>9488390
The first thing I thought when I saw you had 3 complete button sets is "why didn't they organize by that?" I made a little mockup for what I'd have done: it shows off you got the full series, keeps the bros organized, and gives the non-sextuples their own section. You could also keep those guys to the right side where oso is and bring in in the fanart buttons to go in their respective columns.
>>
>>9489355
Going off of this, it's good to try and think of different categories to organize things by. This isn't the best example, but it shows how going by size and type can make a hodgepodge of things look better.the bigger pins on the sides kinda flank everything, the charms at the bottom let the buttons look a bit more uniform, little things like that. Plus things of the same mon are kept together, and there's a slight bit of color organization going on as well to help things.
>>
File: poke.jpg (50KB, 743x418px) Image search: [Google]
poke.jpg
50KB, 743x418px
>>9489367
And dropped my pic.
>>
Has anyone seen any Mad Max bags knocking about, or something similarly themed? Have the massive urge to make one for Nux but looking for some inspo.
>>
>>9487752
>>9487807
Thanks for the tip, I don't know why I never thought about it before. And from what I know from artist friends a lot of them don't do it because they don't want to deal with the people who will whine about shipping or cry when their untracked package didn't arrive.

>>9487819
Just some fire emblem dude
>>
>>9489355
>>9489367
Oh, the pic was not mine, just the first example I came across of layered merch, sorry I didn't make that clear. But thank you for the tips!!
>>
Anyone else really hate bootleg base bags? I mean some of the heart window ones look just awful quality, the heart is barely heart shaped, but then they're filled with expensive merch. Surely if your going to spend that much money on stuff you wouldn't want to put it in a bag that looks like ass?

Not that all bootleg bags are bad since some look good and are made by actual companies not aliexpress cash ins. But now the to alice fakes are cropping up as well when you can still buy the actual bag for less than $30 just makes me cringe a bit.
>>
>>9491043
I don't hate them, and obviously I prefer the real things, however I do think that there's a somewhat practical use to them. If I was planning to alter the bag with rhinestones or stab pins into the portion outside the window, I'd feel much less paranoid about messing up on a knockoff than something I paid $30+ shipping on. Not to mention that Wego sometimes takes a while to have certain colours of their heart bags in stock, while the knockoffs are readily available on Amazon for $10 less, last I checked.

Just glancing though this thread, I'm pretty sure this bag >>9483957 is a knockoff, however it still looks quite good despite the heart not being as crisp as the real thing. There's the glitter issue, but even the legit Wego hearts have glitter on their pastel variants now.
>>
>>9491043
I got a bootleg base bag because I don't have enough to fully cover the nice tote I got. I still want to be able to use my merch for the time being, and I like the look of overlapping merch, so I paid $10 for a bootleg bag so that my keychains aren't sitting on a shelf for the next few months until I spend another couple hundred on more shit.
>>
>>9491043
Like other anon said, I have one so I don't feel as bad about spending more money on something that I want to try modifying but might screw up (plus the bootleg ones have an ivory color and the Wego ones don't).
>>
>>9491043
to an extent, but to be honest i really don't want what base bag you have to be that important. The bag is just a canvas for everything else. It doesn't really matter if its brand or not.
>>
>>9491043
The only thing I hate is how overbought the heart bag is. It's baby's first base bag tier which sucks because the only base bag I can think of for my supernatural OTP (no, not the show) would be that bag so I can heavily DIY it with decorations.

But yeah, to me bootleg base bags don't really matter? Especially if you plan on pinning stuff to the outside or doing DIY decorations that may ruin the bag. Better to pay $10 for a bootleg than wreck a $40+ bag.
>>
>>9491043
>>9491184
>The bag is just a canvas for everything else.
I agree with this anon. For me, the base bag should not be the focus of the overall bag. Sure, the knockoffs don't look as polished at the official stuff, but they honestly aren't that bad. What's important for itabags is the content and construction of the bag. There are some Uta-Pri bags with nothing but random pins and scream "not an itabag". On the flip side, there are $10 heart bags that are stunningly arranged and capture the essence of an itabag perfectly.
>>
Tbh, fake bags always make me question a person's commitment to the hobby unless it'a heavily modified. What, you couldn't spend 10 bucks more to get something that it's not shit?
>>
>>9486539
>http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,20527.0.html
Confused. Is this just for idol series?
>>
Bootleg op here!

I'm talking more about the bootleg bags that look really bad and cheap, the ones no matter how much beautiful stuff you put inside they just look terrible with a wonky heart and sticky plastic.

Admittedly I own a bootleg wego and the straps broke quickly I'm filled with regret.
>>
>>9491043
I mean if it's decent looking enough it can be ok, but honestly as far as quality goes bootlegs bags are shitty. I mean you'd think most people would want to invest in a bag that won't break under the weight of all your merch kek

If you buy a bootleg you run the risk of it breaking or it having weird defects like >>>No.9471189 that could make it unusable anyway so it becomes a waste
>>
>>9491043
Reading all of the replies to this, it really surprises me that most people are passive about the idea of a replica base bag. Meanwhile the majority of lolitas on this board can't stand replicas.

I was always under the impression that most itabaggers on here were into jfashion in general, so naturally would have an anti-replica mindset. It's sad to see people okay with knock-off base bags.
>>
>>9492001
A bag worth $30 at best is nothing on a $300 brand dress. Especially since it's not the bag that matters but the merch and decoration you put into it.
>>
>>9492008
But it really makes me question them. How can somebody not justify an extra $10 yet can blow $15-$30 on a single piece of merch? I mean this isn't a budget hobby after all, and if you're treating it as one then what's the deal? Is your bag also covered in bootleg merch?

Besides, if it's only a $30 bag, then what's it matter if somebody shells out for the original since it's pretty cheap? It almost makes justifying lolita replicas acceptable when there's an $150 price difference in comparison to $10.
>>
>>9491043
I don't really understand because it's not like official Wego bags are expensive in the grand scale of things. It's at a good price for what you get and I really like mine.
>>
>>9483957
holy shit I love this
>>
>>9492008
>Especially since it's not the bag that matters but the merch and decoration you put into it.
Agreed. We need to stop comparing lolita to itabags. They have completely different goals and outcomes in mind.
>>
>>9492010
How is this so hard to understand? It's just a bag. A bag that's going to get scuffed, jabbed with safety pins, etc. Who's going to care (aside from you) that your bag is a fake as compared to whether or not you have real merch?

If I've spent $200 on merch, I'm not going to dish out $40 on a bag if I can find the exact one for a lot cheaper since it's going to end up damaged. There's no resell value on bags unless by some miracle it's in perfect condition, meanwhile you can resell a dress just fine.
>>
>>9492010
No one's said anything against having a legit bag, but are you seriously going to prefer an itabagger with shit merch layout and colour coordination over one that uses a knockoff?

Also itabagging is not strictly a J-Fashion thing. You have otaku and fujoshi in the hobby too, so priorities of waifu/husbando merch vs. base bag are going to differ.
>>
>>9492010
I'm >>9491066
I got my knockoff bag for $10CAD shipped. A bag from Wego would cost me about $60CAD shipped, and with Canada's low import amount, I could possibly have to pay customs on top of that. As I mentioned, I'm using a knockoff for a temporary bag, but with how much the cost difference is in some countries, I don't blame people for not wanting to shell out for some brand bags.
>>
>>9492047
>but are you seriously going to prefer an itabagger with shit merch layout and colour coordination over one that uses a knockoff?

I'm not going to -prefer- them, but a lot of the fake bags looks terrible and actually deter from the overall look of it.
>>
>>9492045
then I guess you could say the same thing about lolita.
It's just a dress. A dress you're going to wear and throw in the wash, etc. Who's going to care that your dress is fake? A lot of people, because it's more of an ethical issue than a personal issue. Shouldn't you try and support wego and other brands who make itabag bases? You know, so they'll make more.

>>9492047
I never said that, I just think it's questionable how this thread is on a board where the vast majority of girls dislike replicas, and here you all are defending it. Not even saying this is that /cgl/ hivemind thing, I just feel like the people here came here from other areas of the internet rather than regular browsers of /cgl/.
>>
File: CwIjuVFWYAEyZlX.jpg large.jpg (574KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
CwIjuVFWYAEyZlX.jpg large.jpg
574KB, 1536x2048px
>>9492010
>an extra $10
See >>9492053
It isn't cheap for everyone and most itabaggers prioritize merch over the base bag.

Like >>9492045 and >>9492047 said, the bag isn't as important as the merch. Take my pic versus >>9483957.

The attached pic is an official WEGO bag, but as an itabag, looks like complete shit compared to >>9483957 which is a bootleg bag. This is why we care less about base bags and more so about content.
>>
>>9492062
Send it to a forwarding service to reduce customs. If you aren't committed, then fuck off. All just as bad as people who made bandwagoner bags.
>>
>>9492062
Would you prefer an itabag that was filled with counterfeit goods if it was set out nicely over a bag that was filled with official goods that didn't look too hot?
>>
>>9492001
The thing is most lolita replicas are ART replicas. That's straight up theft. Bag designs can't be copyrighted. Even in lolita bag replicas are pretty well accepted for the most part. Now if the bag was made from an original print that would be a completely different story.
>>
File: GzgZ3ca.jpg (28KB, 393x288px) Image search: [Google]
GzgZ3ca.jpg
28KB, 393x288px
>>9492086
A counterfeit is a counterfeit. Either you're a replica-chan or you're not.
>>
>>9492089
What about those bat bags that are plain as day knockoffs of AP? Or those lollipop bags that AP fetched out a while ago? I mean, toalice fetched out that glittery mess, and while the replica pulled the glitter off better, you can't deny that the original was fairly distinct. It wasn't as if it was a square pleather backpack with a heart cut out. It had bows, and corset lacing, a dangly thing inside to clip something onto.
>>
>>9492059
I know plenty of lolitas who are fine with knockoff bags in lolita. Bags don't often decrease in quality being knockoffs the same way that dresses do. Simple bags look almost identical, whereas dresses have so much detail that it's hard to duplicate them.

>>9492083
Layout is just personal preference, so it's not really the same argument here. What one person likes for their layout can be completely different from another, regardless of if they are bootleg or official goods.
>>
>>9492059
>then I guess you could say the same thing about lolita.
No because like the other anon said, you can resell lolita, sometimes for nearly the price that you paid for it.
No one gives a fuck over a secondhand Wego bag, or a knockoff.
>>
My husbando is a character from Hong Kong, so the use of a cheap Chinese knockoff really only solidifies my dedication to him.
>>
>>9492103
So if you couldn't resell lolita, it'd make replicas okay?
>>
>>9492107
kek
>>
>>9492108
People often see lolita pieces as an investment. I think if lolita didn't often hold its value, people would be less likely to pay those prices for it.

>>9492107
I laughed.
>>
>>9492112
So does it make replicas okay?
>>
>>9492108
Lolita is expensive and detailed, which is the main resale point. So a dress that can't be resold is usually cheap and not detailed.
So no, replicas on cheap/simple* dresses don't matter.

*bear in mind, when I say "simple", I mean like a department store-tier dress. No one gives a fuck if you have a replica of a dress that Macy's sells.
>>
>>9492114
I'm not really here for a moral debate about whether or not replicas in themselves are okay.

I'm just saying that if lolita pieces didn't hold their resale value or if knockoffs were more accurate to their main pieces, I can guarantee you that the lolita community wouldn't be as against them.
>>
>>9492010
You're head is too far in lolita and less into itabagging. If we can save $10-30 dollars on the base, we're going to spend the saved money on more merch for waifu. Lolita and itabagging are NOT comparable. Lolita is a fashion, itabagging is a hobby that borders obsession. No one gives a shit if you have a K-mart bag with a plastic covering made from a Walmart raincoat as long as the items are legit and the bag overall looks great.
>>
>tfw lolita politics in my filthy bag hobby
What the fuck is this

The fact that this was even brought up by the op just solidifies the concept that they don't know what this hobby is about at all, especially defending stupid fucking bags.

If you can't grasp the concept that the bag is the least important thing as long as it doesn't look totally fucked, I think you need to go back to literally any other thread, "Brand" isn't much of a thing here. Why? Because the bag is cover in animu shit anyway, you can't see it most of the time. Most anons in this thread are collectively tired of the Wego heart bags as it is.

If the knock offs bother you that much, alert Wego's heads. Most of the bags are just different enough anyway to slip under the ruler by using different (off) colors, square shaped bodies and even slightly (if not weird looking) heart shapes. We're not here to defend a brand, we're here to defend and honor our waifus.
>>
>>9492001
out of all the things to be mad about when it comes to itabagging + the community, you're worried about this? are you autistic?
>>
>>9492150
Actually bag designs point blank can't be copyrighted so Wego can't do shit about the knockoffs legally unless they were like putting fake Wego tags on them.
>>
>>9492192
I might be.
>>
>I got a mini backpack from Kohl’s yesterday, and decided to turn it into an itabag (a bag that shows your love for a favorite fictional character). I made buttons by taping images onto old buttons, and the tag was made by taping two images (the other side that isn’t shown has my address on it, in case I loose the bag and someone wants to return it to me) onto an old card that was used for the now-defunct Sum of All Thrills attraction at Walt Disney World.
I’m going to be taking this to the movie premiere next Thursday!
>>
>>9491672
i took this tobe mostly idol series...which my bag is definitely not. is there interest in getting together another time/day for the cgl itabaggers?
>>
>>9492008

Yeah but by the same token I don't want to just put $500+ of merch in a cheap $10 bag. I didn't spend a lot to get a few Japanese brand bases and it's worth it to have a great base for all that merch. If anything it's because there's more options with the Japanese brands than some of these knockoffs.

>>9492022

Agreed. I think in total I've spent less than $100 on my three bags total. 2 are Wego bags (one imported, one bought on vacation) and 1 from a Rakuten shop and that's like... less than 15% of what my merch purchases have been for these bags. Granted, I tend to take care of my bags even though they are everyday use.
>>
>>9492302
It's so bad. So very very bad.
>>
>>9492302
As bad as this is, I can't hate it due to the REALLY uncommon character choice. Do you mind sharing where this was posted? Because I'd honestly like to give the maker some advice. Like, modgepodge-ing the pics on to the buttons alone would've made them look much nicer and been a big improvement.
>>
man like...I understand both sides of the replica argument, especially in something like bags but I think in itabag it's also important to note that not every bag is a brand bag OR a knock off? Like, this hobby is about character love, right, not BAGS, I would hate to have elitism regarding 'ur not a real itabagger if u dont use x y or z brand base bags!'
>>
>>9492339
Aw, it's sweet of you to want to help.

http://freshliciousflower.tumblr.com/post/161035292819/i-got-a-mini-backpack-from-kohls-yesterday-and
>>
>>9492343
oh dear
I knew something wasn't right
>>
File: 1473096096902.jpg (72KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1473096096902.jpg
72KB, 640x640px
>>9492343
Man... I'm glad she didn't tape the old card for the retired Disney ride up and wreck it, at least.
>>
>>9492452
Didn't she?
>>
>>9492343
>http://freshliciousflower.tumblr.com/post/161035292819/i-got-a-mini-backpack-from-kohls-yesterday-and

On one hand I am cringing about the sticky taped badges but on the other hand she clearly loves this character (and I find that adorable).
>>
>>9492458
Looks like she wrapped the card in some plastic, versus directly putting tape on the print-outs for the buttons.
>>
>>9492464
Ah, I see it now. I thought she had wrapped packing tape around everything, but it does look a bit too neat for that.

>>9492423
It looks like she's familiar with using custom services to make clothing and fabric patterns, so perhaps you could still direct her to a badge making service?
>>
Anyone still having trouble reaching Luxas Shop? After their "hiatus" last week I got a single update, but after that no more.
>>
File: C3X5DHcWQAAzg4w.jpg (28KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
C3X5DHcWQAAzg4w.jpg
28KB, 600x450px
>>9492452
>tfw you see Jollibee and can only think of the Filipino restaurant yaoi couples now
>>
>>9492551
Please elaborate, because all I'm getting via Google are weird Ronald McDonald x Jollibee fanfics on Wattpad.

>haven't had Jollibees in years
>one finally opened up by me
Halo-halo is calling me.
>>
>>9492551
>filipino restaurant yaoi couples
The what now.
>>
>>9492573
>>9492596
Ya'll in for a treat.
(FB) /azraeldartist/posts/1351980588181847
>>
>>9492573
>>9492596
And this artist spawned the McDonald x Jollibee fics.
>>
File: CBbiwDYU8AACFiQ.png (323KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
CBbiwDYU8AACFiQ.png
323KB, 750x1000px
>>9492629
>Burger King/Mang Inasal
>KFC/Chowking (?)
>McDo/Jollibee

Couldn't be arsed to check the fb link but thanks for the hernia anon.
>>
>>9492641
It's actually pretty funny and based on how the artist kept seeing those restaurants so close together. Apparently it's a theme because a lot of commentators took pics of their own malls doing the same thing.
>>
File: kek.png (80KB, 332x360px) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
80KB, 332x360px
>>9492629
My homeland never disappoints. Now I need to make my ancestors proud by making a McBee itabag.
>>
>>9492482
Luxas Shop OP here. I haven't had much communication with them since their English rep came back, but I did get to confirm my list. Most notably I had a question about payment, and they replied to that email very quickly (within ten-ish minutes). After I made payment, they've slowly but steadily purchased nearly all the items on my list, save the listings with non-responsive sellers. So it's gone pretty smoothly for me, since last week's hiccup. I'm sorry you're still having trouble, anon!
>>
>>9492953
I also put in a request with Luxas (otamart, I presume as well?). Just waiting so so so slowly for everything to be purchased. I hope I can get most of everything but they've been fairly quick about updating my order form.

For those of you who have experience from ordering from otamart, when should you give up on nonresponsive sellers? I was thinking about 1 to 1 1/2 weeks. Sadly only one of my items have been successfully purchased.
>>
>>9492150
I'm the original OP from about 2 days ago and holy shit this exploded. I was basically complaining about the really terrible fake bags that look like ass as a pet peeve, not ALL KNOCK OFFS ARE EVIL (I already mentioned I own bootlegs myself). No idea who the guy arguing this to death is but this turned into a train wreck I'm getting secondhand embarrassment reading it.
>>
>>9493413
>not ALL KNOCK OFFS ARE EVIL
>>9491043
>Anyone else really hate bootleg base bags?
>Surely if your going to spend that much money on stuff you wouldn't want to put it in a bag that looks like ass?

You fucking baited people into replying by saying people who didn't go for official bags were cheap asses compared to those that did. Plus, everyone should know by now that whether or not you get a 'good' knockoff is totally up to chance. Sometimes the product is true to the photo, sometimes it's PU that's been stapled together - you won't know until you get it; even seller reviews are sometimes misleading.

Te money I save by getting a decent bootleg I can put towards a rare keychain or badge that next to no one else will have. That's where my itabagging 'high' comes from, not from using authentic Japanese bags.
>>
>order $20 charm
>have it shipped SAL registered so I can track it
>arrived in US customs on the 13th and hasn't been scanned since

alright then
>>
>>9493456
SAL is run by the devil
>>
For those of you who've ordered via Luxas : their website mentions "economic SAL", is that the same as Small Packet ?
>>
At a con currently and I've counted around four booths in the dealers room selling those WEGO heart bag knockoffs. One booth in particular sold itabag specific stuff but everyone else just had the bags. I saw people wearing them everywhere and a ton of itabags.
>>
>>9494877
How much were they charging for the knock offs?
>>
>>9494877
I'm curious about how much those knock off bags were as well, hoping they weren't ripping people completely off
Recently someone on the FB group was asking if $45 dollars was fair for this knock off of a very specific clear bag,
it kinda baffled me since I thought most people knew that there's con booths that obviously sell mostly if not complete overpriced bootleg items.I can understand the temptation tho

>bless the anons that pointed them in the right direction with links
>>
>>9494877
If it's the one I've seen that also sells musical stuff and daki covers, don't buy any of their rubber straps. They're all bootlegs but they charge regular prices for them
>>
>>9494877
Report the booth to the con for selling bootleg merch. Most legit cons take that shit pretty seriously.
>>
>>9494935
Seconding this seller in particular. It's animeonstage if anyone is curious. I tried to report them to my last con, but I guess they overlooked them since it was small items and not something like figures or lolita brands.
>>
>>9494879
At Sakura-con they ranged from $35-50. It was outrageous and so many people bought them.
>>
>>9495199
>$35-50
>on a knock-off

Are people really this desperate to participate?
>>
>>9495246
We had a thread and a half about con bags vs. pin bags vs. itabags, so yeah, they are. At least with a hobby like this you can tell who threw together whatever shit they had last minute to fit in versus the ones that are actually obsessed with their waifu.
>>
>>9493456
If it's small enough, airmail is the way to go. Usually cheaper than sal and less problems.
>>
What is up with con venders and overcharging?

I saw this Lupin from Code Realize rubber strap they where trying to sell for 37$ and they wouldn't even let me check the back to see it close up to see if it was official?
>>
>>
>>9495481
>Code Realize rubber strap

If it's official, I kinda get the price. Literally all the merchandise except for the stationary are blind boxes.

Are you sure it wasn't an event one?
>>
>>9494935
Yeah Anime on Stage is there but I thought their merch was legit because they're constantly in Japan. They were selling the Taobao holographic bags with the beads glued inside them to the vinyl though.
>>
File: IMG_20170527_160438_447.jpg (556KB, 1152x1246px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170527_160438_447.jpg
556KB, 1152x1246px
Finally finished my bag the second day of con. Friend made the decals and applied them for me this morning.
>>
Was there a good itabag meet I missed for Fanime? The weird Idol + itabag one sucked ass
>>
File: DA3P6zhXoAAh8rz.jpg (186KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DA3P6zhXoAAh8rz.jpg
186KB, 900x1200px
>>
File: asdkfsf (119).gif (398KB, 200x171px) Image search: [Google]
asdkfsf (119).gif
398KB, 200x171px
>>9496268
Holy crap, this looks fucking awesome.
>>
Does anyone have a pic of the Subaru from Diabolik Lovers bag, it's an elegant white bag
>>
>>9496300
Was just wondering about this. I gused there was a panel on Friday. A gull said something about Sunday at 5p at G4? What's G4? Poop statue?
>>
>>9496478
I'd love to meet up itabag gulls
>>
>>9496423
?
>>
File: 1492200791927.jpg (327KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1492200791927.jpg
327KB, 1024x1024px
>>9496423
>>9496517
>>
would anyone happen to have a pic of that splatoon bag?
>>
File: IMG_2611.jpg (59KB, 360x458px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2611.jpg
59KB, 360x458px
>>9495496
If it was, it's still kinda pricy? I might have understood the price if it was the one with him with cat ears. I couldn't get a great look at it but it looked like this one, the cane looked a bit off though.

They go on eBay for like 15$, pricy but still half the price of what they were selling it for at cons.
>>
>>
File: 1495285347734.jpg (419KB, 1600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
1495285347734.jpg
419KB, 1600x1066px
>>
File: DA1KEokUIAIHr8B.jpg (268KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
DA1KEokUIAIHr8B.jpg
268KB, 1200x900px
>>
File: DA1BA8HVoAAisrO.jpg (140KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
DA1BA8HVoAAisrO.jpg
140KB, 1024x768px
>>
File: DABDZ9LVwAAN8oX.jpg large.jpg (719KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
DABDZ9LVwAAN8oX.jpg large.jpg
719KB, 2048x1536px
>>
File: DAevNmmXsAE6qUs.jpg large.jpg (407KB, 1498x1123px) Image search: [Google]
DAevNmmXsAE6qUs.jpg large.jpg
407KB, 1498x1123px
>>
File: DAmE80_XsAEdzp3.jpg (237KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
DAmE80_XsAEdzp3.jpg
237KB, 1200x900px
>>
>>9496416
Late reply but thank you!
>>
File: image.png (98KB, 530x530px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
98KB, 530x530px
I despise heycutsew patterns for having very little photos of their completed products, but they now have an itabag pattern for any brave soul willing to pay $20+shipping for it
>>
>>9497392
kek. it's such a simple design too. you honestly don't even need a pattern for it if you want to make it as a simple tote with no zipper and no top closure.
>>
Anyone have a ToAlice knockoff that can comment on the quality? Was thinking of getting one but also wondering if I should just splurge on the real one.
>>
>>9497145
>>9496520
>>9496517
Are these the same person or are Subaru fans just very dedicated to the aesthetic?
Not complaining, I just find it funny.
>>
>>9497430
I bought one and it should be arriving on Tuesday. I don't have a real ToAlice bag to compare it to, but I do have a few WEGO and salus bags to help gauge the quality.
>>
File: gamergirlitabag.jpg (198KB, 640x854px) Image search: [Google]
gamergirlitabag.jpg
198KB, 640x854px
>>
File: 48rfjhs2t5.png (95KB, 201x210px) Image search: [Google]
48rfjhs2t5.png
95KB, 201x210px
>>9497640
but why not wait to get buttons and stickers instead putting a bunch of objects that are not only difficult to display but also take up a lot of space?

this is a dumb embarrassing hobby about collecting a stupid amount of merch and spending a ton of money, I'll never understand the desperation to be apart of it
>>
File: IMG_20170528_192912.jpg (272KB, 807x605px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170528_192912.jpg
272KB, 807x605px
>when all your con loot revolves around potential itabag characters

I'm tossing some coins to decide who to focus on first. It's ridiculous. I'm in too deep. No escape.
>>
>>9497427
Didn't even realize it didn't have a top closure, that's even worse then
>>
>>9497670
>this is a dumb embarrassing hobby about collecting a stupid amount of merch and spending a ton of money, I'll never understand the desperation to be apart of it
This. Yes, it's an awesome hobby, but for your bag to actually look any good, you need a cringey amount of love and a painful amount of money to do it right.
>>
File: 17-05-28-20-26-09-019_deco.jpg (3MB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
17-05-28-20-26-09-019_deco.jpg
3MB, 1920x2560px
I think I might add some star patches in the corner and get some little charms for extra pop, but for now I'm happy.
>>
>>9497823
This is super cute and looks really nice! Good balance of colors. The yellow and blue are both in PaRappa's design/merch, and they've got great contrast so the whole bag pops.

> Every time I see PaRappa stuff my brain immediately goes, "Crack, crack, the eggs into the bowl!"
>>
File: f03222-06_1.jpg (142KB, 800x1067px) Image search: [Google]
f03222-06_1.jpg
142KB, 800x1067px
>>9497392
So is this just another one of these but with a zipper or what
>>
>>9497823
This is soooo cute, I love it!!!
>>
>>9497823
ANON I LOVE THIS SO MUCH
>>
File: 20170527_163315.jpg (183KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
20170527_163315.jpg
183KB, 576x1024px
I've seen the legendary bag with my own two eyes this weekend. It's truly glorious in person.
>>
>>9483220
All of those unprotected pins though...
>>
>>9487723
YIKES
>>
>>9497823
Anon this bag is so cute!
>>
>>
>>
>>9498510
10/10 best custom bag!
>>
>>9497893
>all print outs
>no actual merch

I donno, doesnt seem that great to me...
>>
File: asdkfsf (34).png (131KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
asdkfsf (34).png
131KB, 500x282px
>>9498644
this.

i seriously dont understand why people like this bag so much.
>>
fanime itabaggers, if anyone needs a base bag, there were some at the animate/kinokuniya booth, including those small pouches.
>>
>>9497893
Not trying to be bitchy, but where is the merchandise? I guess I don't see what everyone else does considering that paper collages are more for your school binder and less for an itabag... I'm hoping this is just a WIP they threw together for a con.
>>
File: this base.jpg (303KB, 1080x1196px) Image search: [Google]
this base.jpg
303KB, 1080x1196px
>>9497893
>>9498644
>>9498861
>>9499311
IIRC, this was made pretty soon after he was introduced, so I don't think he had any merch at that point. But that being said I still like it's not that great of a bag -- calling it 'legenday' and 'glorious' is the grossest overstatement I've heard in a while. Those hearts are trashy as hell, and I personally think that fanart is pretty ugly.
But in the end all that matters is if the owner's happy with it.

Has anyone seen this base anywhere? This is the only picture I've seen of it, and I've searched everywhere with no success. I doubt it's handmade.
>>
>>9499503
I'm sure I've seen this on Rakuten. It looks like a small suitcase.
>>
>>9499506
Do you happen to recall what it was called? I was searching with "痛バッグ" and didn't find anything like it.
>>
>>9499503
I don't know the exact bag but WEGO has one pretty similar: https://gocart.jp/ap/item/i/A0GC00006WID
>>
>>9499503
>calling it 'legenday' and 'glorious' is the grossest overstatement I've heard in a while
In my defense it was the first Christophe bag I'd ever seen (and probably the first ever made) and it did blow our minds when it got posted. By now standards are through the roof but it still made me giddy to see it.
>>
File: Capture.png (2MB, 1000x565px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
2MB, 1000x565px
>>
I have 3 waifus, all from the same anime and I'm really unsure about making 1 for each of them as I'm not super rich, I basically have enough merch for all 3 of them collectively for a bag. I haven't seen many bags of more than 1 character, can it be done well?
>>
My bag came but the vinyl covering for it was all wrinkly and crumpled. Is there a way to straighten it without damaging it?
>>
>>9500591
Hairdryer. Just blow some hot air on it and then smooth it out with your hand or something while it's still warm.
>>
File: 01_001-600.jpg (94KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
01_001-600.jpg
94KB, 600x800px
New WEGO bag!
>https://gocart.jp/ap/item/i/A0GC00008S51
>>
>>9500589
If they're from the same series, it's not too weird. It'd be best if they were part of the same group or something within the anime, but I mean.. make it your own, really.
>>
>>9500594
Thank you.
>>
File: DBIy16sVYAAHjjC.jpg-orig.jpg (465KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
DBIy16sVYAAHjjC.jpg-orig.jpg
465KB, 2048x1536px
>>
>>9502823
I like how it looks like you/they got some old official merch as well.

I bought a bit of the Kidrobot keychains recently.
>>
>>9502823
>gotta go fast enamel pin
10/10
>>
>>9494877
I got a knock off one at PCC for 20 bucks
>>
>get husbando haul from Y!A
>one charm didn't have measurements
>literally as big as my face

Hot damn, I need a bigger bag. It's an adorable charm, I don't want to not do something with it.
>>
>>9502823
>no CWC inspired merch
Shit bag.

But seriously, what a nice mix of vintage merch and ironic stuff.
>>
>>9503458
CWC honestly could be a bag on its own considering all the bullshit but we should let the man rest.
>>
>>9503454
this happened to me on my last Y!A order with a can badge. it looked like, less than an inch incdiameter in the photo. it arrived and its the size of my palm. feelsbad
>>
>>9502823
Haha! Didn't expect my bag to get posted. I'm planning on wearing it for E3 this year. I stuck with mostly classic Sonic merch since a lot of modern Sonic merch is boring.

>>9503458
I'll make sure to sneak in Sonichu just for you, Anon.
>>
File: 20170601_000456.png (1MB, 1428x2335px) Image search: [Google]
20170601_000456.png
1MB, 1428x2335px
Head up to anyone who ordered these or the part 4 ones. The badges are completely random and even though you ordered a box might not mean you'll get the character you want. I remember seeing some people splitting this set up in the original fb group.
>>
>>9503616

Also Amiami says basically the same thing so it's not just hlj
>>
>>9503616
They say that on every blind box set but boxes always come with one of each unless there's a secret design that may replace one of the regular ones, or there's more designs than what comes in the box.
>>
I saw some people say you can cancel your AmiAmi preorder with no issue but is it possible to edit your preorder? I preordered four things and haven't been billed yet and I no longer want two of the items but I still want the other two. When they bill me can I just purchase the two I still want?
>>
>>9503968
AmiAmi doesn't allow any cancellations. You can probably get away with not paying for a couple orders but they will eventually ban you if you skip out on too many payment requests.
>>
>>9503982
Well shit. Thanks for letting me know! Maybe I can sell off the two I don't want.
>>
>>9503982
This happened to me. I was unexpectedly laid off and couldn't pay for three preorders (bills came first) and I was banned. That was almost four years ago and I don't think they will ever lift the ban. Don't risk it.
>>
>>9503982
Not true actually. If you send them a polite email with the reason you want to cancel, and give them plenty of notice, they'll cancel without issue.

Just don't do it too often or refuse to pay. Think of it like Spider-Man, everyone gets one save.
>>
File: IMG_0883.jpg (2MB, 3024x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0883.jpg
2MB, 3024x3024px
>>9503454
Forgot to cross post. Wanted some feedback. I usually see smaller can badges on bags and was wondering how to make larger ones look alright. I think mine looks super sloppy. Any advice would be appreciated.

I'm also going to be getting a bigger bag soon. Towel was meant to be a backdrop and I want to use the giant charm somehow, so this bag doesn't cut it.
>>
File: IMG_9437.jpg (553KB, 1835x2492px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9437.jpg
553KB, 1835x2492px
Enstars bag anon here...i made another one yesterday once i realized i had an excess of hajime merch lol
>>
>>9504271
I think if you had a backdrop that wasn't black, it would help a lot. Then any space between your badges would pop against the black bag. I also think it would help a lot if your merch wasn't overlapped so much, so that it does minimize the empty space, especially at the top of the heart.
>>
>>9504217
I've done it a few times explaining why, I don't know what the limit to it is though.
>>
>>9504509

3 was enough times for me to get banned.
>>
>>9504217
It depends on the person you talk to and how they're "feeling that day."

I've cancelled two orders with no issue but my one friend who's been a long time customer was banned after one order.
>>
>>9504292
>that embroidery
>that trimming
>that lace-up ribbon
Super lovely, anon! Did you even do those cushion hearts yourself? I really wish I could sew because I'm wow'ing at everything
>>
Anyone having issues with Luxas being slow as fuck ? I started an order on Tuesday and there's STILL problems. For fuck's sake, their spreadsheet is fucked up so the service fee discount gets added to the total which means it makes me pay MORE
>>
File: IMG_3958.jpg (297KB, 750x1003px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3958.jpg
297KB, 750x1003px
"Itabag"

> 3 badges
> huge empty spaces
> not the same series
>>
I think we need a new thread gulls
>>
>>9504217
>with the reason you want to cancel
Also keep the reason short and sweet because they probably don't care about your sob story. I've cancelled a few preorders. So far they've been okay with it, but really, try not to. If you're stuck with a preorder, try selling it/transferring it to another friend if you can.
>>
Anyone remember what the itabag sold on amiami is from brand-wise?
>>
File: hnftg.png (850KB, 598x598px) Image search: [Google]
hnftg.png
850KB, 598x598px
>>9505270
Thread hasn't saged yet.
>>
>>9505071
Lmao Tuesday...I've had an order open with them since late April because every time I listed a backup they were too damn slow and it sold out hahaha

But besides that yeah you're not the only one, I think they're having some kind of staff absence problem again because I just got a message worded in strange English so their normal English-speaking person probably is not there to help handle orders.
>>
>>9504943
Thanks, anon! The heart cushions are actually official merch! They were so cute I wanted to base the bag around them. I'm glad you like it!
>>
>>9497392
I might actually even make this if I figure out where to get some plastic near me, thanks for posting this anon!

Of course I'm not buying their pattern for it, that would be retarded.
(Just going to trace the heart shape of their bag as it's a nicely done heart and make my own pattern pieces for the bottom, sides, handles)
>>
>>9505170
I use to look on IG for the good bags. Now the tag's filled with ugly knockoffs full off (or should I say half full) of shitty buttons from 5+ series.

>>9505270
Then make one?
>>
>>9505304
Mise
>>
>>9505587
IG is overrun with a shit ton of enamel pin bags too, I just tried combing through recently. So far the japanese tags seem to be carrying on as usual.
>>
>>9505587
There's still plenty of quality bags but you're right
it's starting to get clogged up with enamel pin bags and weird half assed bags.
>>
>>9505475
Oh my god, FromJapan and Zenmarket have spoiled me. I hope they move their asses soon. I literally said in my first message "if the listing is for different characters, I only want [name of character both in English and Japanese]" !" Apparently that was too much for them because at first they'd just assumed I wanted the whole lot of goods instead of just one badge, so my total to pay was 5000 yen over what I'd estimated.
>>
>>9505071
>>9505475
Yeah, it's an issue of staff absence. I sent them an angry-ish email about 24 hours ago asking why their response time has been at a snail's pace, and they replied about 12 hours later (which was odd) their English-speaking staff has been out. Like one of the above anons mentioned, the email was written in slightly broken English, but they said there will be changes this month that will improve their response time. Doesn't really help ME when I was hoping to have all my items in hand by mid-next week, but oh well...
>>
>>9505587
This is a hobby based on undying dedication to a character, people need to stop bandwagoning with souless/half assed bags.
>>
>>9506067
>>9505762

Yeah...It's a little irritating when this happens but when they do respond they're generally pretty courteous, and I'm not in a rush or anything to make my bag so I don't mind TOO much. I do kind of wish they'd give us some heads up or something instead of just disappearing for several days at a time, though. It does seem like they're trying their best as a small, new(? I'm kind of just assuming here) business, but they should probably pull themselves together lol. I'm sure they've been getting some complaints recently.
>>
>>9506221
Hm, I guess being angry doesn't help. It's just annoying to announce stuff in advance to avoid situations that end up happening anyways and to only get 1 email a day, if at all.
>>
>>9505587
It's better to just look through the Japanese tags on IG to find quality bags, I've found that "痛バ" is a better tag than "痛バッグ" on that front.
>>
Anyone here going to the A-kon itabag meetup?
>>
>>9487144
>>9487176
Different anon, but came here to ask about the same bag. Now I'm wondering, is there any practical way to seal down the flap?

I love that bag, and it comes in the color I want, but I'm really paranoid about merch being stolen/falling. I cringe at the idea of velcro/glue, so does any one have ideas, or pictures of the bag in use?
Thread posts: 323
Thread images: 93

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.