[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Acceptable age to go to cons?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

Hey gulls.

Is there an "acceptable" age to go to cons and hit on the girls there?

I'm 30, and I've never actually been to any cons since they seemed cliquey and the sorts of content and guests they usually had never really stimulated my interest (maybe with the exception of a couple of times PAX had some good stuff being demoed and AX had some good guests).

Two separate questions:

Would it be weird/creepy for me to go to cons at my age?

Would it be weird/creepy for me to hit on girls at cons?
>>
no
and
maybe
depends on how old the girls are
>>
>>9482288
Obviously I wouldn't be hitting on anyone below 20, I can't relate to girls that age anymore anyway.
>>
>>9482284
No, not creepy or weird.

Yes, creepy and weird. Most women don't go to cons to hook up. It's especially creepy and weird if you're 30 and you're hitting on girls.
>>
If you're only going to hit on girls, then don't go.
>>
>>9482294
Try your own age range. Young women don't need 30 year old creeps hitting on them.
>>
I uh... Actually quite like older guys and find it hard to deal with boys my own age. Assuming you weren't a complete perv and acted with some decency I'd be quite interested.

t. 18 year old girl.
>>
>>9482284
are you going because you are interested in the thing the con is about, or are you just trying to hook up? There is nothing wrong with trying to meet people who share your interests, but there are few things sadder and more desperate than some guy creeping around a con just trying to talk to girls.

And no, cons are not only for young people.
>>
OP, I'm in my late 20s. Firstly, spoiler: You aren't going to get an honest answer out of the girls on this board. They have a collective reputation to preserve and don't like it being insinuated that con girls/cosplayers are "easy".

The reality is that the annals of con history are studded with stories of 30-something guys banging teenage girls. It was like that back in the early 2000s and it's like that today.

Assuming you're actually decently dressed, presentable and somewhat in shape, you could do worse than a con.
>>
>>9482312
Here come the /r9k/ posters trying to encourage OP's degeneracy.

If you're going to hit on girls, and not actually interested in the content that the con has to offer, don't go to the con.
>>
>>9482301
DADDY ISSUES
A
D
D
Y

I
S
S
U
E
S
>>
>>9482298
25-35 is my age range.

>>9482301
Thanks, but that would make me feel uneasy.

>>9482312
I feel like I missed out on the days when cons weren't so popular. That's something I'll always regret. I was such an antisocial, elitist /a/ faggot as a kid.
>>
>>9482284
>Would it be weird/creepy for me to hit on girls at cons?
If you want action, don't go to the con itself; just hang around the local bars/clubs in the evening.
>>
>>9482284
Guys hitting on girls is the reason why girls get fake boyfriends for the con
>>
>>9482322
I asked the two separate questions because I'd like to go even if I don't get laid. Getting laid is secondary to enjoying the con.
>>
>>9482327
>Getting laid is secondary to enjoying the con.
Well shit, son. You should have just said that in the first place.

YES, you can absolutely enjoy a con at 30. I think I actually enjoy them more now that I'm older. More disposable income is a big plus, and you'll be able to enjoy everything the con has to offer (18+ events, meeting people at the hotel/convention center's bar, etc.). You will not even be the only 30 year old there. You wouldn't even be the only 50 year old there! Have fun, my dude!
>>
>>9482341
Just don't try to hit on people.
>>
>>9482343
He can hit on who he wants.

If you don't want attention, don't slut it up in a typical basic bitch slutty cosplay (e.g. 2B is a popular one right now).
>>
>>9482370
>"If you don't want creeps to creep on you, make sure your entire body is covered head to toe."
>>
>>9482375
>implying creeps wouldn't hit on you even if you'd cover yourself head to toe
>>
>>9482370
>this is /r9k/ mentality
I know we're all creepy nerds fighting on a zipperhead trap image board but c'mon
>>
Just go to the con and have fun, what happens happens. Good amount of con goers are in their mid 20's and early 30's. AX probably has the largest spread in age groupings.

>>9482312
>Firstly, spoiler: You aren't going to get an honest answer out of the girls on this board.

Probably some of the most solid advice on this board. You're just going to be getting a bunch of "holier than thou" statements.
>>
File: 1408273440296.png (119KB, 392x366px) Image search: [Google]
1408273440296.png
119KB, 392x366px
>>9482325
>Fujoshis on /cgl/ think hitting on girls is scary and immoral
>>
>>9482284
who gives a fuck, do what you want as long as its not rapey
>>
>>9482319
Diff anon, but men 30-40 are obviously way more mature and better fucks. It doesn't always have to do with Daddy issues.
>>
There's no age where going to a con is weird, at least not to virtually any of your fellow attendees.

As for hitting on girls, it depends entirely on how you go about it. Don't Make your intentions clear right away, just start normal conversation about what someone's cosplaying or whatever then see if the person seems into it and take it from there.
>>
>>9482284
It is not creepy or weird, I am in my late 20's and still enjoy cons. I love meeting older people at cons too so I hope people don't shy away because they're older.

I also don't think it would be weird or creepy to hit on girls at the con. I think that is pretty normal to do. If you're worried like others have said just try to find people in your age range otherwise it could be seen as creepy. That's more a personal opinion of whoever you're hitting on though.
>>
>>9482284

oh look another creepy fat ugly crossposter from v or r9k that has no genuine interest in cosplay thinking he can get hooked up here because the bars, clubs, public area, work rejected his ugly ass.
>>
>>9482284
You'd probably be fine, but given the cost of going to some of the better cons, it doesn't seem like the most financially sound way to pick up girls, especially if you're not interested in anything the con has to offer.
>>
File: kB0920xg.jpg (12KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
kB0920xg.jpg
12KB, 256x256px
>>9482370
Who hurt you
>>
>>9482284
Yes, it would be weird to hit on girls at cons because 95% of them are way younger than you or underage. It's only not weird if they look your age.
>>
>>9482284
No, it's not creepy to go to cons 30+. It would be creepy to be 30+ to a con and acting like a 15 year old.

No, not really? Admittedly, meeting girls at cons is hard without cosplaying/going to meet ups/other social events that isn't like a panel or a main event. You might be able to in the lines but that's hard to accomplish.
>>
>>9482510
why are you projecting?
>>
>>9482493
I think the overlap between 30-40 year old men trying to hit on barely legal girls at cons and those that are mature and better fucks is very very small
>>
>>9482284
>I'm 30,
if you are calling women "girls" at 30, you will give the wrong impression to others.

also what >>9482548 said in the second paragraph.
>>
>>9482493
>better fucks

sorry to hear you're a whore sweetie, but most of us aren't <3
>>
>>9482587

>be called put for being a middle aged creepazoid going in an event he has no real interest in in an attempt to hook up 14 year olds

"P-ppppprojecting!!!! "
>>
>>9482284
There's no age to have fun. Hell, I even saw old people (60+) cosplaying and everyone loved it.
You can go to cons and cosplay til you die
>>
>>9483040
Also avoid hitting on girls at all. They're not there to hook up for the most part and it's not a good idea overall. But love can happen at cons though.
>>
If youre unattractive, i wouldnt bother.
>>
>>9483043
>But love can happen at cons though.
How do you think it happens without one person hitting on another?
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.