[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

State of the Jfash Nation Survey

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 6

File: 1472601809688.jpg (350KB, 487x700px) Image search: [Google]
1472601809688.jpg
350KB, 487x700px
After seeing a lot of discussion in the wake of store and magazines closures about whether youth subcultures are in decline globally, I got to thinking. How often do you guys see anyone wearing alt fash in the wild these days? Do you ever see lolitas out and about? Do you feel like it's more or less people than a few years ago? What do you see?

>Where do you live? (Can give country instead of city if you don't want to be too specific, but it'd be helpful to say if your area is urban/rural/rich/poor/etc.)
>Since how often you go out and see people will affect the results, what are your life circumstances? Are you a student, working or a NEET?
>Do you wear jfashion/altfash yourself?
>Not counting meetups, do you ever see people wearing lolita or other jfashions in your area? How often? Do you think it's on the rise?
>Do you ever see western alt fash like goth, punk or emo in your area? How often? Do you feel like it's on the decline?
>Do you see people wearing vintage clothes or general hipstery clothing where you are? Do you think dressing in girly normie clothes is accepted where you are, or will anything fancier than jeans get you stares?

Cosplayers are welcome to respond about what they see where they live too, I'm really curious about the trends globally.
>>
>>9477800
>Where do you live? (Can give country instead of city if you don't want to be too specific, but it'd be helpful to say if your area is urban/rural/rich/poor/etc.)
U.S., urban
>Since how often you go out and see people will affect the results, what are your life circumstances? Are you a student, working or a NEET?
Student
Yes, lolita
>Not counting meetups, do you ever see people wearing lolita or other jfashions in your area? How often? Do you think it's on the rise?
I met a Lolita in one of my classes once. That's it.
>Do you ever see western alt fash like goth, punk or emo in your area? How often? Do you feel like it's on the decline?
I might have seen one or two goth/punkish people in my area. Emo definitely died in the 2010s.
>Do you see people wearing vintage clothes or general hipstery clothing where you are? Do you think dressing in girly normie clothes is accepted where you are, or will anything fancier than jeans get you stares?
Hipstery fashion is the norm wear I am and "vintage" seems to be on the rise, specifically cheesy Seinfeld-core 80s thrifting. I'm sure super girly normie fashion would be accepted, even encouraged.
>>
>>9477800
>Where do you live?
Scotland. Grew up in a small town, but moved to a city.
>What are your life circumstances?
Student, part-time job.
I wear lolita, goth and vintage.
>Not counting meetups, do you ever see people wearing lolita or other jfashions in your area?
I've only seen a wild lolita once in the past five years. I see pastel aesthetic stuff and weeb teens occasionally but nothing obviously jfash. Mainstream trends seem to be getting girlier and I see ruffles, millenial pink, holographic stuff, etc on the high street but IDK who buys it here because I rarely see anyone actually wearing it.
Basically never unless there's a concert or a club night, I definitely feel like it's on the decline. Younger relatives have told me that there's only one emo and one goth in their school of 1000+ pupils, whereas back in my day you had large groups of them. Apparently indie/"soft grunge" aesthetics are in but considered mainstream. I see alt-looking teens maybe once every few weeks and alt-looking adults every few months. A lot of the goth/hippy/metalhead adults I see are in their 40s or 50s.
>Do you see people wearing vintage clothes or general hipstery clothing where you are? Do you think dressing in girly normie clothes is accepted?
Hipsters (undershaves, coloured hair, baggy second-hand layers) maybe a couple of times a week, proper vintage almost never, even though I visit vintage shops a lot. 90s/00s sportswear seems popular but older stuff is very unusual. Unless you're on a night out, skirts, dresses and heels get a lot of attention here in winter, even if you're wearing opaque tights and wrapped up warm. People seem to dress down in jeans and hoodies. I've had people comment just because I was wearing a plain pastel jumper with light blue jeans and white Converse.
>>
Portugal, live in very urban area close to the capital. People are not rich here.
I work various part-time jobs, one of them at a different town and the others at home
Rarely
I've spotted a couple of lolitas meeting at the capital, but around here I've never seen one
Yes. A lot. There are a lot of goths here, a lot of punks and so on. This city is famous for hosting a lot of concerts that attract those folks.
People dress whatever they want and there are a lot of hipsters. Nothing will be stared at unless it's way too revealing or outstanding. For example, I'm afraid of going out in lolita here, because it could be dangerous. But wearing a sundress would be ok.

It's a cool town and I love it, but it's dangerous sometimes. It has a lot of subcultures too, it's very eclectic
>>
>>9477800
Texas, urban.
Shamefully, I'm a NEET. Going back to school this fall.
Lolita and goth.
No. I haven't seen *any* alternative fashions out in the wild. It's a little weird since I think people are starting to catch on to sites like AliExpress, but they're just ordering more normie clothes and accessories.
None except at club nights or shows. But even then I think the audience is skewing older- there hasn't been any new blood coming in.
I think girly fashion is definitely encouraged, and my area is pretty trendy in general. Teens and college students wear whatever is big on Tumblr, but otherwise people dress in sort of safe, accepted styles.
>>
>>Where do you live? (Can give country instead of city if you don't want to be too specific, but it'd be helpful to say if your area is urban/rural/rich/poor/etc.)
Arkansas, USA. As far as if it's urban or whatever, it just depends on where you go.
>>Since how often you go out and see people will affect the results, what are your life circumstances? Are you a student, working or a NEET?
I just graduated HS, so I'm off for the summer but I'm going to college in the fall. Right now I work at Walmart, so no dressing up, but I hope to have a job where a dresscode isn't too prominent.
>>Do you wear jfashion/altfash yourself?
Yes.
>>Not counting meetups, do you ever see people wearing lolita or other jfashions in your area? How often? Do you think it's on the rise?
Not really, I've seen a few people wear bright, pastel clothing or Omocat's clothing, but never lolita or any kei's. I don't think it's too prominent in Arkansas like it is in other parts of the south, like Texas.
>>Do you ever see western alt fash like goth, punk or emo in your area? How often? Do you feel like it's on the decline?
There's emo and goth but it's more of the mainstream than it is the other version. I see punk kinda occasionally, which is nice, but I think the versions of that fashion that we think of is definitely pretty nonexistent now.
>>Do you see people wearing vintage clothes or general hipstery clothing where you are? Do you think dressing in girly normie clothes is accepted where you are, or will anything fancier than jeans get you stares?
Sometimes, if I go to a big city or downtown, but mostly no. It's usually jeans and t-shirts down here. Dressing up in normie girl clothing is accepted, but any further than that we'll definitely get you some stares and a few 'secret' photos.
>>
>>9477800
USA, rural Wisconsin college town
Working, but I room with a bunch of my student friends.
Yes, lolita sometimes but mostly fairy kei and mori, but none more than once every other week.
I saw a girl in a bad classic coord a few months back, but that's it. I feel like it's a mix to be honest. The interest is there, I've met many people who really want to try it, but the general push towards more relaxed, bland, minimalist looks that fast fashion is going for recently makes them scared to stand out.
There's one guy on campus who wears tripp pants everywhere, but outside of that, I don't see any real goth or punk looks. I think it's definitely on the decline, emo died in 2010 and all the more definable parts of the hardcore punk and goth groups were absorbed into the edgier form of tumblr fashion (spikes, leather chokers, dyed hair, piercings, etc)
Generally outfits that have any effort put into them get weird looks, so outside of the art building there's little to no hipster clothes, mostly just jeans/sweatpants and t-shirts. It's to the point where someone asked me why I was dressed up and I was just wearing a sundress and flip flops.
>>
>>9477868
>Generally outfits that have any effort put into them get weird looks, so outside of the art building there's little to no hipster clothes, mostly just jeans/sweatpants and t-shirts.
Totally agree and forgot to mention this. I'm >>9477834 and feel like if you go anywhere with a lot of art students there's a much wider spectrum of looks, but on campus for normal subjects or in the city generally it's incredibly rare to see people dressed differently. I feel like all the weird people gravitate to arty subjects. The most we get is a lot of hippy/stoner sort of guys that give off that "I got these dreads on my gap year backpacking around SE Asia" vibe, or sometimes international students with designer gear. I feel like the Asian international students are slightly girlier but still nowhere near jfash levels of feminine.
>>
>>9477800
Savannah, Georgia
Student, but I'm in a work study program and when I go home for the summer I work
Yes, I wear mostly brands like Listen Flavor and Putumayo. I've worn lolita too but not as often as I wear more casual things like menhera.
Occasionally, and it's usually some poorly dressed weeb in Spreepicky-tier garbage with unfitting hair and makeup. Sometimes I see other girls wearing lolita, but it's usually one of our Chinese students decked out in a full set. There's also one girl who I used to see around last year wearing gothic.
Sometimes. Not as often, either people my age have grown out of it or it's not popular anymore (particularly emo, people have been saying that's dead since 2010)
I go to art school so lots of people dress weird or have crazy hair/tattoos/piercings/makeup or wear hipster stuff but that doesn't stop people from staring. Usually people ask me what character I'm dressed as, even when I'm wearing something like printed thigh highs and a graphic shirt.
>>
>>9477800
>>Where do you live? (Can give country instead of city if you don't want to be too specific, but it'd be helpful to say if your area is urban/rural/rich/poor/etc.)
Netherlands
>>Since how often you go out and see people will affect the results, what are your life circumstances? Are you a student, working or a NEET?
Student
Yes
>>Not counting meetups, do you ever see people wearing lolita or other jfashions in your area? How often? Do you think it's on the rise?
Yes, 1-3 times a year
>>Do you ever see western alt fash like goth, punk or emo in your area? How often? Do you feel like it's on the decline?
Yes, every week, but it's the same people
>>Do you see people wearing vintage clothes or general hipstery clothing where you are? Do you think dressing in girly normie clothes is accepted where you are, or will anything fancier than jeans get you stares?
It's totally acceptable but not common
>>
London, england

Im a student, my college is near to camden for a frame of reference. When I go out im usually in pretty 'hipster' (eg. bricklane) areas tho

lolita and goth

I see groups of lolitas out semi-often but not much of other jfash apart from some fairy kei here and there, but I dont know if its rising

Theres one or two punk kids I see around college, but thats it aside from my gothy self and a friend. Being near Camden I see a lot of emo teens, so thats still around but I've yet to see someone who looks like they actually are trying to go for a certain 'look', they all look like hot messes. So its declining as a style, but not as an awkward phase. Id kill for emo/scene to be popular again honestly, it can look interesting when done well IMO

Everyone here is a hipster lmao, its either that or just straight up boring/normal clothes. Honestly, I think I see pin up/vintage looking girls the most out of any alt style, they are everywhere! I really don't go that far out (at least compared to some people that I know) with my looks but I still get stared at and have people come and talk to me. Or maybe I look like an utter freak and just haven't noticed lmao
>>

Rural Wisconsin

Working but spend most my time at home or game stores. Tiny town with barely anyone in it.

Mainly Lolita

Pretty much never

Few goth kids at the game store but that is about it. I feel like fashion has gotten lazy and nobody cares enough to put effort into it anymore. Leggings and t'shirts are too easy.

You could maybe get away with something somewhat fancy but it is mainly jeans here.
>>
>>9477800
Rural Midwest America. Think where cows>people
Working. Job took me here.
Yes. Not out very often though, and I do try to tone it down when going out.
No. I know there are a few others in the state from lurking here but as far as I know we're all sort of busy and spread out (think 3.5 hours away from each other)
Maybe? Fashion dependent subcultures seem to be too much for people though. The most subculture I've seen are weebs wandering around in their cat ears.
I've seen hipster people particularly at the hipster themed bar around here. Anything fancier than jeans will get comments, like seriously, people think wearing a skirt is weird.
>>
File: indiestarterpack.jpg (183KB, 672x699px) Image search: [Google]
indiestarterpack.jpg
183KB, 672x699px
My younger cousin lives in England so I asked her if they had alt kids at her school, but she just started sending me indie starter pack memes and said "this is literally all there is". Apparently there's awareness of generic supposed jfash like pastel aesthetic skater skirts and T-shirts with random Japanese words on them thanks to tumblr but nobody knows about specific styles like fairy kei or menhera.
>>
Southeast USA
Working full time
Yes, mostly otome and occasionally full lolita
I've only ever seen two lolitas at a large city art festival about an hour away. I also went to a concert with two women interested in starting a comm. I don't think it's on the rise, but it is nice to know that there are people interested in lolita living in the area.
I rarely see any alternative fashion in my city. It's fairly conservative, and people tend to stick to comfortable, plain clothing.
I know a lot of the women I work with are interested in vintage fashion, and would love to wear it if they knew where to get it. They may not wear it for financial reasons, or possibly don't have any clue where to start looking. Since I work in an environment with a lenient dress code, I hope someday some of the women in my office will give more eccentric styles a try!
>>
>>9477800

Canada, urban
Working
Yes, lolita and general girly jfashion
Occasionally. I'll see a lolita around once every maybe two months. Its always girls I know from the community. Can't recall seeing other kinds of jfashion.
Sometimes, but I feel its on the decline. There are certain areas of the city where its a little more prevalent.
Yes. Vintage/hipster is very popular here and my normie friends wear that kind of fashion. When I wear certain kinds of jfashion, like otome, it gets mistaken for vintage often. Anything with a petticoat will get stares though. Or certain colors/elements (pastels) that don't show up in vintage/hipster as much.
>>
>>9477834
>Mainstream trends seem to be getting girlier and I see ruffles, millenial pink, holographic stuff, etc on the high street but IDK who buys it here because I rarely see anyone actually wearing it.
That's my impression as well. I'm surprised to be honest, you see a lot of hyper girly trends in the shops but they don't seem to trickle down at all. I feel like in the UK it's acceptable/expected to go full on feminine for highly specific occasions (nights out, weddings, events such as.... races idk) but outside of them you probably will attract comments if you put even a little more effort in your appearance. However at least there's some tolerance for 'quirky' & more out there stuff which I appreciate. I've lived in Poland most of my life and all that stuff about Eastern European women being somehow 'put together' is a lot of guff
>>
>>9478152
>However at least there's some tolerance for 'quirky' & more out there stuff which I appreciate. I've lived in Poland most of my life and all that stuff about Eastern European women being somehow 'put together' is a lot of guff
I was just discussing this with some Eastern European friends recently, I guess there's a very small goth/lolita scene in specific countries like Poland and the Czech Republic but most Eastern European countries really have nothing. I was told not to wear goth or lolita if I visited because people would have no idea what it was and would assume it was a BDSM thing, or it would mark me out as a rich tourist and a target for theft. Apparently high unemployment means people have a lot of time to work on their tans and beach body though, which might be where the stereotype comes from...my friends said the poorest girls pay the hugest amounts of attention to their appearance and it's common to spend literally hours getting friends to take photos to ensure you have sexy social media. Not so different to here I guess.
>>
>>9477800
>where do you live?
England, small town but travel to the city maybe once a month.
>life circumstances?
Full-time student, I do casual work but it's near-impossible to get a proper job here.
>do you wear jfashion/altfash yourself?
Yes, lolita. I was goth for a while in high school but stopped spending money on western goth clothes after I got into lolita.
>do you ever see people wearing jfashion?
I've never seen a lolita outside of meets, even though I know there are girls in my comm who wear it a lot. I've never seen anyone wear jfash. I think more of the younger generation know about Japanese fashion than ever before, but they don't actually dress in it. Apparently some of my little sister's friends are dead into fairy kei etc thanks to tumblr but they're either too scared to get into it, can't afford it or their parents won't let them dress weirdly.
>western altfash?
Rarely, definitely less than I used to. When I was growing up I used to see a lot of goths dressed like pic related and now they're pretty much all gone. It's usually the same couple of people every time, and I seem to see a lot more it's pagan-looking older women than young goths. Agreeing with other anons who say emo seems dead as a scene but not as an awkward phase; I sometimes see preteen emos. I see crusty punk buskers and occasionally proper 70s punk, which is kind of a nice surprise...I think I see huge dyed punk mohawks once or twice a year.
>hipsters, vintage, girly mainstream fashion?
There's a lot of teens in wavey garms round here and I think dressing alt is quite accepted, especially if it's a tough-looking style like punk, but anything girly or frilly gets a lot of attention. Goth seems very accepted by the older generation but you get harassment from chavvy teens. Vintage is very rare but I imagine you'd get a positive reaction if you did wear it - whenever I wear something classic that people mistake for vintage I get a lot of compliments from women in their 30s-50s.
>>
>>9477947
indie starter pack is actually all my 20+ year old friends dress, they used to be goth
>>
>>9477800
>>Where do you live?
South US/Texas/Urban
I work full time & I'm going back to uni(online)
Yes, Lolita, OL-kei, and Rokku Gyaru(toned down)
I haven't ever actually seen anyone just walking around in Lolita or JFashion. I do think it's on the rise, but I just don't see it.
Every now and then I see punk/gothic fashion, but it's rare. I think it's in decline just based off of fashion trends in general.
I definitely see this the most. There's a wide range of styles around where I live, and I think girly fashions are more common than jeans. There are A LOT OF HIPSTERS OMG, but there aren't many vintage shops in my city, so I don't see recycled/vintage fashions much.
>>
>>9479174
are these a single pair of tights? multiple pairs layered? how would you get into those more than once? they'd be shredded once you took them off
someone please explain i like how these look a lot
>>
>>9479218
Multiple pairs layered, I'm not sure how you put them on or off but if you Google "gothic layering ripped fishnets" or similar you might get tutorials. It used to be really popular in deathrock styles.
>>
>>9477800
>Where do you live?
England- home city's in the Midlands but is pretty Northern in spirit, fairly mixed incomes but relatively conservative and working class mostly
I'm further up North for uni half the year in a student city. It's a pretty affluent city full of old folks and history students
Student. Fairly introverted but I leave the house often
Yes, mostly metal/edgelord Western shit but I wear a lot of Jfash brands and trends
Fairly often at home, very occasionally in my uni city. College in my hometown had a lot of people in weeby shit but not necessarily a strict style of Jfash (holographic stuff, anime shirts, taobao bags they picked up at MCM, that kinda thing) and there's one or two lolitas. In my uni city it's mostly only Asian students wearing anything Jfash, my uni tends to attract normies. It feels like now it's on the decline, but that might just be because I'm around adults rather than 16-18 yr old college kids.
In my home city there used to be huge groups of alt kids who'd hang out in town every weekend but that died off a couple years back. It's definitely on the decline, I've seen two or three edgelord kids in my uni city but that's about it.
There are a decent amount of vintagey hipsters, but that tends to be more popular in the South and my city is pretty normie. Girly normie fashion is definitely accepted with both of my residences being student cities, but anything OTT tends to be frowned upon.
>>
>Where do you live?
US, NW, urban in a rural state
I'm a sahm so I don't go out very often
I wear lolita
>Not counting meetups, do you ever see people wearing lolita or other jfashions in your area?
How often? Do you think it's on the rise?
Basically never
Sometimes at concerts or teenagers at the park
Jeans are pretty normal, but because there are a lot of mormons here, dressing in dresses and stuff isn't looked down on. I've seen some hipstery folk around too.
>>
>>9477915
>So its declining as a style, but not as an awkward phase. Id kill for emo/scene to be popular again honestly, it can look interesting when done well
absolutely this desu, I miss how many clear and interesting subcultures there were in the 00's even if they were cringe
>>
While I was typing my answers, I realized in general for alt fashion, you have to go in areas more towards "their scene" to find them like the lolitas. The only "random" lolita I've seen was a sweet lolita at a Hello Kitty event. I saw a girl that looked like she liked j-fash in a really nice yukata at this local cherry blossom festival as well. For just alternative in general, I saw this punk group at a local restaurant later at night that looked like they just came from a show. Another punk guy in the area was at a trendy bar in our capital city that looked like it had other people he'd want to mingle with.

I think if you see alt fashion in the wild, it's not as random as you'd like to think. There's usually an event and/or community in the area is what it means if you do see them.

The lone Momoko types are very rare. If you could move out of a situation like that to be closer to your own "kind", I think anyone would, even if they claim to be a loner like her. Maybe that type wouldn't join their local comm, but if she could move closer to BtSSB SF, which is more like her "scene", she definitely would. It made me sad realizing how some people are so far from communities, stores for their fashion, and events they wish they could participate in.
>>
>>9479332
But alternative in general used to be something a lot of people wore every day to some degree, not just for events. I genuinely used to see "random" goths all the time ten years ago, even living in a small town with no concert venue or anything else, because people who were goths would dress goth all the time so you'd see them even when they were just going to the supermarket or getting the bus. Now there are so few goths you see nothing. You can say the same for punk.
>>
>>9479332
>tfw you are the lone momoko type because all the girls in your comm can't dress themselves and there's a language barrier between you and local chinese girls who wear lolita
>>
>9479622
is the language barrier actually that big of a deal to the point where they can't talk to you, or is it just that everyone else is more comfortable speaking Chinese with each other? desu if they can't speak English and don't want to practice it they shouldn't be studying abroad, they'll only fuck up and fail the course.
>>
>>9479662
Different anon but in my experience Chinese students tend to be extremely insular.
I live in Wales and the only time I saw anyone here wear jfash in the wild it was a Chinese girl in a full E Hyphen Bonbon coord. I got super excited & complimented her but she unpleasantly thrown off more than anything.
>>
>>9479715
*she seemed thrown off, sorry I'm tired
>>
Germany, just moved from a larger to a fairly small city. I'd say it's pretty rural for what I've been used to.
Working
I wear Jfashion daily and Lolita about once a week
Never saw any in my new city and I think the local folks isn't used to seeing such clothing either. I stand out a lot even in like the most basic Axes Femme clothing. I don't think it's on the rise in my area. Fashion isn't important to the people here.
Not at all, actually. The absence of fashion stores also contributes to the lack of diversity in fashion styles and that everyone is dressed the same.
Don't see those types either. I'd say that girly normie clothing is accepted, but it will get stares since it's so uncommon here. People in general are polite though and much nicer than in the bigger city (no rude comments or picture sneaking or people making me feel uncomfortable)
>>
>>9479715
I know it's a thing that people are shy/insular and don't want to speak to local students, I've seen Chinese students joke that they speak less English now than they did back home (when their parents paid for a tutor came round for an hour a day). I was more asking if it's actually the language barrier or just that they don't want to socialise with her, since they have to be able to pass an English proficiency test to come here.
>>
Santa Cruz, CA, urban
Work full time,
I wear goth/ edgy fashion most days but mix in lolita about once a week. Sometimes, I throw in some vintage looks.
I have seen a lot of sweet lolitas and fairy-kei Down town. I seem to find another lolita every 3-4 months. (some better dressed better than others.) I feel like it is on the rise where I live, but people have always been weird here.
I do think it is on the decline but I see a lot of goths, punks and emo kids running around. Like others said mostly on the older side.
I feel like SC is the hippie town, everywhere you go you'll see tons of hippies and hipsters. I have come a cross a group of girls in true vintage wear, one even had beehive hair. I think people here are used to people wearing whatever they want you might get a second glance but that is about it.
>>
Urban Canada, working.

I wear Japanese clothes but not any of the big styles like fairy kei or lolita. My style is like, "uchuu, vaporwave, bittersweet 80s"

I see a few lolitas in the wild every year (ran into two last week actually!), one or two fairy kei girls, lots of punks, lots of mallgoths and nugoths (although the traditional goth is on decline), tons of tumblrcore/queercore types, infinite hipsters and girly Asian girls. The neighbourhoods I hang out in are full of alt fashion. Although in the 2000s, there was more.
>>
>>9479745
All of the Chinese girls I've approached in lolita seem really uncomfortable. My experience with Chinese students is that most are more comfortable speaking their native language and therefore hanging out with and befriending other Chinese students, while pretty much every other girl wearing lolita out in the wild that I've approached seems excited when I compliment her. I respect that so I'll leave them alone. It's also possible that they didn't understand the word "coord" when I say "I like your coord"
>>
>>9477834
I live in scotland also, though I live in glasgow, I don't know if it's the same for you but there's the dreaded 4 corners in town where the "emos" hang out
I work near four corners actually so I see them all the fucking time

generally though, I think while it's strange to see someone dressed up, most people are generally cool about it in glasgow
I don't know if it't just me, but I don't get harassed very often in j-fash, usually it's comments from older people saying how cute I look, and if I'm going to a party.
not to mention that I think people are generally used to seeing cosplayers now, as gcg had a few cancerous meets per week
Although, i don't think they happen very much now
>>
FWIW my university has thousands of East Asian international students and I've never seen anyone wearing jfash. It's either random cheap brands or sometimes Western designer stuff. I spoke to a couple of international friends about it and they said they thought it was because this university has very difficult entry requirements for international students and only people that were academic would be able to get in (the insinuation being that lolitas are rich kids who are not that bright and/or gravitate towards arty subjects that our uni doesn't provide), but the people I asked aren't lolitas themselves and don't know any Chinese lolitas personally so they're just speculating based on stereotypes of what lolitas are like.
>>
>>9477800
>>Where do you live?
NYC, urban

>>What are your life circumstances??
Worker

Everyday; I switch between Himekaji and Larme

>>Do you ever see people wearing lolita or other jfashions in your area?
I see it much more often than I used to.
>at a tattoo parlor last week with my friend and saw a girl wearing himekaji
>helped a tourist lolita at my job (we exchanged instagrams!)
>helped a girl at my job who had a rose marie seoir bag (and convinced me to get it) and started talking about jfash (also exchanged instagrams!)
It definitely has to do with location. I work in SoHo so I see a lot of people dressed pretty nicely in general. I see a few people in jfash since there's a lot of cute cafes/dessert places in the area and Tokyo Rebel's nearby. Also, almost every time I go to Kinokuniya to pick up magazines I run into someone cute and we talk and share our instas; it's really nice.

>>Do you ever see western alt fash like goth, punk or emo in your area?
I've seen a few punks (especially on St. Marks obvs) but a lot more than last year. I always see some goths and the other day I saw a guy on the train wearing Tripp pants but he looked really good. Also saw a girl on my train a few nights ago wearing the YRU sky high sneaker platforms and she asked me about my Iron Fist shoes and we talked a bit.

>>Do you see people wearing vintage clothes or general hipstery clothing where you are? Will anything fancier than jeans get you stares?
You honestly see a little bit of everything in the city. When my train goes through Williamsburg I see a lot of hipsters and general alt fashion people. If you hang around in a "young" area you'll find yourself having convos with other people about clothes and such. But if you go to a more lower class area (like Jamaica or Bushwick) you'll get a ton of stares, catcalls, and rude comments.But most of the people there are really ghetto and think Michael Kors is the pinnacle of high fashion.
>>
>>9477800
>Where do you live?
Los Angeles, but attend college in a small town nearby. My answers will cover both locations.
Yes, I wear lolita.
Occasionally I'll see an ita or two on the street, but unless I go to Little Tokyo, almost never. There are a few people who go to my school and wear j-fashion/lolita but I never see them wear it "in the wild" outside of social media/meetups.

I also spend a good amount of time in Little Tokyo where there are lots of meetups/shops for j-fashion and cosplay and I don't think it's dying. It's changing to be more online and style or rule based, and I definitely see a more influencer/follower mode of distribution. At this point there's an international community dedicated to J-fashion of all kinds, so it's not like it's going anywhere anytime soon.

>Do you ever see western alt fash like goth, punk or emo in your area?
Rarely, and not as much as I see Brandy Melville/VS Pink/hipster clones.
I see a solid amount of hipsters who wear vintage, but mostly urban outfitters/brandy melville. Students rarely deign to acknowledge my clothes when I show up to class in lolita, even if it's just casual, but my profs like it a lot, and I get compliments on the street. I get a ton of people taking "secret" pictures of me too.
>>
>>9479780
Yeah, I don't visit Glasgow city centre that often so that might be biasing my answers, I did see weebs the last couple of times I went near there because they'd opened a Tokyo Toys. I get the impression that Edinburgh is a lot more accepting of alt fashion overall but it's always a hassle because tourists assume you're some sort of attraction. I've actually never had a really bad experience in Edinburgh, whereas Glasgow already has enough weirdos hanging around to give you a high chance of a creepy encounter even if you're dressed totally normally. Most days I go out in lolita I get a few compliments and nothing more negative than stares, but for whatever reason it seems like comparatively toned-down stuff like vintage and goth gets a lot more second looks here than in places I've been down south.
>>
>Where do you live?
Flint Michigan.
> what are your life circumstances? Are you a student, working or a NEET?
I'm a freelancer so i work at home and rarely go out.
I keep buying jfash/egl but i have nowhere to wear it so i dont really consider myself a part of the subculture since i only have the opportunity to wear it at cons.
Never. Im practically in a ghetto and if you dress like you have money, youre going to get mugged so i usually only wear sweats and tshirts.
The only time I see western punk/emo/scene is when teenagers in school or at the mall wear it. I've never seen an adult my age dress in western punk.
>Do you see people wearing vintage clothes or general hipstery clothing where you are?
Never.
>Do you think dressing in girly normie clothes is accepted where you are, or will anything fancier than jeans get you stares?
Basically what I explained before. Its really isolating living here but i dont have the money or connections to move out of michigan and am just kind of stuck getting older and lonely in a ghetto and indulging in jfash or anything that would make you look like anything but just another Michigan bum will get you raped/mugged. Living in a relatively poor area of an already poor city doesnt help either.
I only go to one convention a year which is youmacon in Detroit which is basically the only weekend out of every year i can indulge and dress up and mingle with people I share interests with.
>>
>>9479882
yeah, I understand!

generally, i think glasgow is alright with alt fashion but I've dealt with a few crazies even out of j-fashion
I live in suburban glasgow so where i live there's old folks and families, so apart from a few compliments, i don't really get harassed too much.
glasgow city centre is certainly home to it's crazies though.

weebs are also extremely common, but there's not really as much cosplay meets now
I'll see a few hovering around tokyo toys, as i'll sometimes go in before work (I work on the same street) to look at the alpacassos or see if they have any more overpriced sailor moon merch but meets kinda dwindled in the past year. usually i''ll just see some of the cringier weebs though, like henry woo or laurel.or some 13 year olds talking about their "kawaii rorita dress!!"
>>
>>9479930
That's really sad anon. If you can freelance from anywhere, is it not easy for you to move? Or do you live with family so it'd be financially prohibitive for you to move out?
>>
File: 1476960511704.jpg (26KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1476960511704.jpg
26KB, 600x600px
>>9479967
I could technically move anywhere I want since my career doesn't rely on location but I'm completely at a loss of how to start looking for a new home. Somewhere out west would be ideal but I've grown accustom to the absurdly low cost of living here and am scared of uprooting just to end up in a worse situation than I already am.
Im pretty isolated and dont live anywhere near my family so I dont have a safety net to help me out with this kind of stuff.
Sage for blogging
>>
>>9479980
I'm not from the US so I don't want to give you concrete advice, but it sounds like you could move somewhere else in the same state that's not in as ghetto and dangerous an area? You could move to another city, another part of the same city (IDK how things are going with your water crisis over there) or even move somewhere super rural as long as it has fast enough Internet. I feel you on growing up in a shitty area and struggling to adjust to higher rents elsewhere, I grew up in a poor rural area and went to university in one of the cheapest major cities in my country, so even though I want to move to somewhere cooler for the social/nightlife the thought of how much less I could buy if I had to spend 2-3x as much on rent puts me off. But I'm not living somewhere where it's too dangerous to draw attention to myself, just somewhere boring where I get a lot of stares and comments.
>>
>>9479748
!!!!!! I my god I live in the bay also. I've definatly worn my babbies first sweet coord at the board walk and downtown.
Santa cruz is fairly chill. If you go towards Monterey or the more yuppie places you start to get looks of confusion.
>>
>>9477800
Philly suburbs, PA
Lost my job recently, but I was working.
Yes but not lolita.
I have maybe once or twice when visiting Philly, but not out in the suburbs or rural areas. I have never seen enough in the first place to have a basis for comparison whether it's on the rise or not.
Again, I see it sometimes in the city, but never out in the suburban and rural areas I'm usually in. Again, I've never seen it often enough to have a basis for comparison.
Most of the people I see are normies or on the normie side of being a hipster. I've been dressing alt too long to pay attention to whether anyone is staring at me, at this point.
>>
File: qcomplex_age_016.jpg (131KB, 670x930px) Image search: [Google]
qcomplex_age_016.jpg
131KB, 670x930px
Australia, QLD, Hippy/ artsy community
Student- masters atm, full time worker but with a small social circle of friends but I'm late twenties so a NEET in my early twenties though.
Yes, more otome/rockabilly/larme combination but occasionally lolita
No, more western alt fash
Yes- punk, crusty- rock, goth, hippy, rockabilly are popular. Sometimes there looks to be a j-fashion influence but not enough to warrant a j-fashion label.
Yes, Yes and depends on the area of study/ what you're doing that day. Working in the lab is not suitable for some clothing.

I recently read a manga called Complex Age about a woman who realizes she's too old for j-fashion and it really stuck with me. I'm going that change process right now and just don;'t know where to go for support
>>
>>9477800
I live in a college town in the west coast of the United States.
College student.
Yes, lolita fashion. I try to go to one meetup a month and wear it on another occasion at least once a month as well.
I'll see an international student (often Chinese or Japanese, I've noticed) wear lolita fashion at my college maybe once every couple months or so.
Yes, but the more "mainstream" versions. That being said, I don't think it's on the decline. I think it's more so being watered down by mainstream media imo
Hipster clothing is a lot more common in my area than the other alternative fashion mentioned above. Since it's hot where I live, the typical "boho summer music festival" fashion is very common where I go to college. Thus, every time I wear even toned down lolita, I get stares.
That being said, there's a city that I've attended a few meetups in within the general metro area of where I live. Vintage stores are VERY common in its downtown area (there's even a pinup/rockabilly fashion store there), but I still get considerable stares every time I dress in lolita in that city.
> sage for blog post
>>
>Where do you live?
In the capital of a western european country.

>Since how often you go out and see people will affect the results, what are your life circumstances?
I go outside multiple times a day and see many different areas of the city.

I'm a goth who also wears lolita. My everyday style is more normie but I take advantage of the alt looking trends in normie fashion (velvet, lace, platforms, chokers...)

> jfash/lolita
Never seen them. When I went to uni, I shared a lecture hall with japanese studies so there were a few weebs (the badly dyed hair, OTP buttons on messenger bag and bondage pants type) but never actual jfash wearers or lolitas. There is a fairly well dressed lolita comm in my city, with a few daily lolitas, never seen them in real life though.

> western alt fashions
I live near a shelter for teenage drug addicts so I see a lot of punks. They also hang out in some areas where I go for shopping since they beg for money there. Every couple of months I see an edgy teen. Never seen a goth in public unless they were on their way to an event where I was also going. Emo is long dead.

> vintage/hipstery clothing and girly fashion
Hipster/clothes are pretty much the norm in most areas, but there are varying power levels. Some people mix alt fashion elements into their hipster/vintage stuff while others look more normie. Girly fashion is fine, although extreme feminity is still considered weird. Feminine elements are usually paired with more grunge or edgy looking stuff. For example, himekaji would get a couple of weird looks while larme would be considered normal.
In the poorer areas of the city you'll get negative attention if you wear anything other than muslim clothes or leggings/sweatpants.
>>
>Where do you live?
NZ, tauranga
working, i do a lot of work in nzs biggest city (Auckland)
nah, but really want to get into it
jfash, only on the tourists in all honesty but other than that never have and no i dont think so
used to see it but now, everyone is kinda same-y. a few kinda emos not even goths just emos
im a skinhead so i wear alot of Fred Perry, Ben Sherman and the likes and i normally get complements on how tidy i look never anything massive
women fashion is a bit all over here though, in my opinion its a bit stuck and not progressing
>>
>>9477800
Dublin, Ireland
Working
Yes, lolita
I've definitely started seeing more in "the wild", as we call it. Most of them are them are now part of the community so it definitely feels like it's on the rise. I'd maybe see one every two months which is more than ever before. They're generally younger so it's like a new generation coming up and it's really nice to see.
Definitely a lot of goth and non-specific alt fashion here. I'd see it every day easily.
Anything fancier than jeans will get you stares, but it has a huge amount to do with where you are in the city. Hipster fashion has been around here a while since it's a college-heavy city. Lolita is usually well received here with most people being in genuine awe at first rather than being rude.
>>
South Yorkshire, UK.
I work as a tattooist.
I wear lolita on occasion but daily I just wear a bit of a pastel/larme mix.
I haven't seen any personally but a friend has mentioned seeing some Asian students in lolita.
Due to my job I do tend to mingle with your traditional goth/hippie types but there is a massive decline. It's usually the more older clients that are still wearing these sort of fashions and the younger ones generally wear a sort of generic vintage/indie mix. I see a lot of them posting on Facebook how they want to be full on goth etc but most seem to be either too lazy or too nervous to do it? I frequent a local rock club a lot and whilst on a Saturday you'll get the older trad goths in, the Friday night which used to be emo/scene central is now just completely normie. It's honestly been really saddening to see younger people not wanting to brave individual fashions. I can't tell if it's just a generation thing or if some of them are too afraid to stand out so much and potentially receive a bit of ridicule.
If I put a bit of effort in to what I'm wearing I'll 99% get stares & the odd comment. And that's just for pastel girly shit.
>>
>>9480510
I guess the ridicule has more of a lasting impact in the social media age, when people can dredge up your old posts to cast aspersions on your professionalism years later.
>>
>>9480525
Yeah this was definitely my thinking. I remember when I began experimented with jfashion at around 13/14 and I think there was a single photo from that failed endeavor and it's definitely been lost to time!

Still I find it pretty sad that alt fashions seem to be dying out in general. I love to see people being creative and out there with their fashion and now it seems like there's only old street snaps to reminisce over.
>>
>Where do you live?
Ohio, USA
>Are you a student, working or a NEET?
Work about 50+ hours a week, Salaried. Don't get to wear it as much now as I did when I worked full time and couldn't go over a set number of hours and had an actual life but less money.
Yes. Mostly lolita. Dabbled in Fairy Kei
>do you ever see people wearing lolita or other jfashions in your area? How often? Do you think it's on the rise?
I've never actually seen a lolita in the wild in the 5 years I've been wearing it. Though there's been a steady uptick of people joining our comm and I see more and more people wearing it at conventions. The interest is there, but I see it coming from more nerd-oriented types not your average person coming to the fashion because of the details, beauty, etc.
>The only time I get out is my job or to shop for necessities lol. I work in a very redneck sort of area and rarely do I see anyone wearing anything but simple clothing. Occasionally I might see someone that might fit the bill of wearing western alt fashion, but it's very rare. It may just be the area I work in. I see more around where I live which is a little less conservative I guess?
I see hipstery stuff more often and girlie clothes. But often times wearing anything fancier than jeans or pants does get a bit of a look. If I were to walk into my work wearing a toned down simple non-print classic coordinate, the customers would think they landed on another planet or walked into a circus.
>>
>>9480510
Is this about Corporation? I've been going there for 10 years now and I completely agree about it becoming more normy and it's very sad
>>
>>9480528
I've said it before, but I really, really miss seeing proper goths in the wild. I know I should be the change I want to see and I do wear goth sometimes, but my natural hair colour and style is shit for goth (and great for lolita/larme) so I always feel a little out of place. I don't have the dedication to dye it since lolita is my main fashion.

>>9480385
Very surprised that larme would be considered normal, it seems really out-of-place here.
>>
>Where do you live?
Australia, rich, urban
>Since how often you go out and see people will affect the results, what are your life circumstances?
Working
Maybe once every week or fortnight.
Not often, our comm is very small but apparently there is a secret chinese comm as well in our state. I've seen some girls from the chinese comm about twice now, so very rarely.
Not really, it is very rare to see people in goth fashion.
Rockabilly clothes seem to be on the rise in popularity as I have seen a few girls around with the whole look including petticoats. Generally people here dress very plainly, if I go out with my partner (who does not dress up) I do not get many stares as opposed to walking around with my comm.
>>
>>9480559
Yeah I'm talking about corp! I've been going for about the same time (were you a kcorp goer?) and how much it's changed is shocking. Have you been on any Friday's recently? They've been playing niche/crap garage stuff and all of the emo classic have been shoved in to the small back room.

>>9480565
I totally get you anon! I've always had a soft spot for 80's/trad goth but it just doesn't suit me. I think realising this decline has definitely put a flame under me. I think I might try repping some older jfashion's and hopefully I can inspire some kid to look it up at the very least.
>>
>Where do you live?
Netherlands, small city/big town, median-income area.
Student and a part-time job working retail.
Yes, lolita and casual goth, always when I go to a bigger city but not as often when I stay home.
I’ve never once seen anyone in Jfash or even generic weebgear in my city. When I visit bigger cities I sometimes see people in those cat faux OTKs and with anime buttons on their bags, but never anything more fashionable. I’ve never run into another lolita “in the wild” which is weird because our comm is really big. On campus I see weebs and the occasional furry with ears, tail and a crusty t-shirt but again, never anything fashionable.
Sometimes I see halfassed goth/punk but it’s very rare. Unnaturally dyed hair, undershaves, piercings and Instaho makeup are VERY common in the bigger cities, though, and I feel like I’m constantly surrounded by Kylie Jenner clones when I go there. Hipster stuff is popular too. I feel like goth/emo/punk are on the decline but it may just be that I hang with an older crowd now and these styles tend to be worn more by teenagers.
No. I live in one of those places where wearing a nice sundress makes everyone think you’re going to a wedding. My immediate neighbourhood is also predominantly Muslim so most women here wear those full-body garments with only their face, hands and feet sticking out. I get stares no matter what I wear and get yelled at when I wear lolita.
>>
File: 1442361667615s.jpg (10KB, 250x233px) Image search: [Google]
1442361667615s.jpg
10KB, 250x233px
>Where do you live?
(Northern Europe) - Urban area

Student

yes. Mostly weekends and when I can be safe my clothes won't get dirty

Sometimes have met someone from the comm by chance.
Whenever there is a con or I'm walking close to a comics store, I may see more frills than usual, but only ita at the moment.
Not sure if on the rise, but there are new people joining the online comm, so maybe it is increasing

More often than Lolita. But it is still rare. More steampunks.
Decline? yes, I've seen more weebs wearing kigurumis and pastel-dyed hair

Anything fancier than jeans will prompt questions
Just girly may bring stares, but not too much
Strangers won't care much, unless it is pink and hard colors
The hipster areas are mostly hippie like. Some overpriced vintage stores with 1950s style, but only the clerks wearing the fashion
>>
>>9480582
I used to go every week, Mondays Fridays and Saturdays mostly. I reckon it's to do with them opening that random venue upstairs and trying to diversify.... I went on a Saturday a few months ago and the vibe was just nowhere near as good as it used to be.
>>
>>9477800
>Anonymous
Where do you live? (Can give country instead of city if you don't want to be too specific, but it'd be helpful to say if your area is urban/rural/rich/poor/etc.)

UK, yorkshire

Full time office drone

>Do you wear jfashion/altfash yourself

Yep lolita and larme occasionally

I've seen a few Chinese students wearing it, and very occasionally lone lolitas who aren't part of the comm.

There's a small core of goths about and also some teenage emos who bring me joy and nostalgia.

It's so fucking hipster I hate it. Vintage is huge here, all the students look like they've rolled around in a charity shop bin. Nothing fits anyone.

I think girly normy clothes wouldn't get too much negative attention?
>>
>>9477800
Stockholm, Sweden
Student
I don't really own anything else
A couple of times a month, can't say whether it's declining or not.
Daily, can't comment on popularity here either
I live in the H&M capital and my school is located in the hipster area. People buy whatever H&M and Monki releases. Girly fashion by H&M and Zara standards is quite normal.
>>
United States. Rural/poor.
I work and I'm a student.
Yes, almost every day.
I know they exist although I don't see them. They do exist in the area online.
Everywhere. Emo and scene is really common as well as you metal kids. (Long hair, band shirt, 'darker style..) I've only seen a handful of goths that would fit in at a goth club or music festival.
Hipster clothing is EVERYWHERE. Vintage, hippie, and boho style is king here. You can wear fancy stuff in the city, but it'll look odd right outside the city limits. Even then, you may look odd, but the rural folk often compliment and get a kick out of it. (Don't be wearing pentagrams...)
>>
>>9480525
>>9480528
Yeah this is the type of thing I was going to post about, and why I think that as a whole alt fashion is on the decline. Back in say, 2004, virtually no one would have a camera on them going out and about, and aside from shitty dial-up esque internet, the only way to meet other people with your interests is to get off your ass and do something (before this time, even more so). Now you have the combo of people worried of employers/cyber bullies digging up your hobbies, everyone having a camera phone and potentially posting it online, and with the internet so prevalent, everyone goes, "well, it I just wear this one outfit for a picture and/or post about it on my tumblr, that's good enough" and don't actually incorporate it in their life.

At least that's my two cents about it why it is on the decline, because that seems to be the trend on responses here. Either that, we are all stuck in the 00's and before ourselves, and don't want to accept the new ones, scuffing it off as "fucking tumblr fashion"
>>
>>9481165
Tumblr fashion isn't a fashion, hence why we call it that. It's just dyed hair, a flower crown, maybe some galaxy print leggings, and nothing else to it. In fact, it's almost worse when they are apart of a subculture or movement, because we all know how terrible tumblr is when they get collective.

Think of goths and everything that encompasses that lifestyle or punk and what they kind of stood for. Even something on the other end like gyaru is really rebellious for the time and culture it was in. I really don't think it's us not getting with the times, I just think whatever "alt fashion" is now is shallow and lazy.
>>
>>9481165
I've said pretty much the exact same thing on cgl before and completely agree. A world full of cameraphones is a scary one to face, especially if you're considering going into a sensitive field like education. And it's so easy for people to become popular online posting outfit shots in their room that they've never even worn outside. Even I've fallen into that trap - I'd say more than half my CoF posts are from when I've been trying out new coord ideas in my room, and the occasions when I actually go out in lolita are rarely recorded because I'm usually too busy to spend so long walking back and forth in front of a self-timer until I get something in-focus and flattering.
>>
Washington State, USA. Urban/Mixed income

I work

I wear sweet lolita, fairy kei/yume kawaii and menhera.

I know there are people around here who wear lolita/jfashion, just never have seen them.

I see goths once in a while.

Some wear hipster styles, most just dress lazy though. Wearing girly outfits will you out a lot of looks and laughs. Like i said, most people dress lazy where I live. No one seems to care that much about how they look.
>>
>>9477800
US, rural deep South
I'm working.
Yes lolita and otome
Never. I once saw a shitty milanoo blouse for sale on Craigslist one town over and got excited but as far as I know I'm the only lolita in about a 50 mile radius.

I've seen a lot of Tumblr fashion, some people still rocking emo/scene every few months. I used to see a girl that wore
rockabilly and 60s fashion at my college but I haven't seen her since I graduated. We also had a hand full of goths/punks/metal heads but again haven't seen them since I graduated. I definitely don't see them as much as I used to.

Romantic Hippie is popular in normal fashion right now. It's trend to dress feminine and like you're going to a music festival. I see a lot of 90s vintage fashion too.
>>
This thread really drives home how much regional variation there is in people's reactions to jfashion. There's such much arguing on this board along the lines of anon A saying they get harassed if they wear, say, toned-down classic or larme out so they only wear it to meets, then anon B saying anon A is just a pussy and must be ugly or ita because they've never been harassed in classic, and back and forth like that for hours because people can't accept that every area is different.
>>
a slow take over by sjws

>Muh black people

>Muh hijab
>>
I think you guys are forgetting the influence of fast fashion
You can get alt kid starter packs at h&m really cheap and thanks to zara there is something new every week
>>
>>9479241
May I ask what uni you are at anon. It almost sounds like my hometown
>>
>>9485162
I'm just waiting for a lecture on my "cultural appropriation" of jfashion
>>
>>9485346
ntayrt but it sounds like York or possibly Durham to me
>>
>>9477800
U.S., urban area in a poorer city

A student who works seasonally

Yes, I wear lolita and casual jfash

Not in my hometown, but at school i've seen a total of one other lolita and it was during Halloween... There is little to no other altfash at all though, which is unfortunate. On the rise? Not in my area at least, but based on online communities and the increase of new lolitas in my comm, I would think so.

I think I see hints of punk/goth, but it isn't as prevalent as it use to be, so yeah I think it's slowly dying, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

Yes? I think since thrifting has gotten popular, there has been some vintage/hipstery looks going on, but not enough to be normal. Dressing up more than jeans is accepted, it's just not something anyone is used to. At school people are really same-y, so anything other than the typical jeans and flowy shirt will stand out, but no one really bats an eye.
>>
>>9477800
Mexico, small city / town.
Student.
Lolita.
How often? Do you think it's on the rise?
No. Never. Only at meets and cons, and they're the same 3 people I always see.
Emo kids are rare but still there, punk and goth don't really have a presence where I live but I have seen them here and there, whenever I do see them they don't look that dressed up though. I usually only see girls in weeaboo fashion (thigh highs, anime shirts, stuff from tumblr).
The mainstream hipster styles a pretty common among some youngsters. I haven't seen anybody in true vintage clothes. Anything more weird than jeans, leggins or pants will get you stares (even the most basic simple skirt ever). Hyper femenine clothes are not encouraged.
>>
>>9479332
>The only "random" lolita I've seen was a sweet lolita at a Hello Kitty event.

Same! I feel like events like these are bound to attract people into j-fash. The hello kitty cafe truck came to a mall in my area (SoCal) and I spotted a lolita in a full Hello kitty themed coord, complete with what looked like a handmade jsk with Hello kitty fabric. I also spotted a girl in line with her mom who was dressed pretty weeby (looked like a nanchatte attempt) complete with two pig tails and a amuse bunny backpack. I think the best were these two girls who were dressed in what looked like fairy kei and had their itabags with them.

>mfw I always complain about not having friends to wear jfashion with
>When I do have the chance to make friends, I'm too much of a weenie to actually talk to them
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.