[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Coord Help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 95

File: tumblr_m6cjyhEUt21qad55j.jpg (30KB, 341x455px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m6cjyhEUt21qad55j.jpg
30KB, 341x455px
Couldn't find one in the catalog so here we go.

I'm doing a cult party coord that leans heavily on the whole sleepwear deal and I was wondering if I could add a staff in it (It's supposed to look like a nightlight). Is it a good idea for cult party or should I just leave the staff trend in OTT sweet?
>>
>>9475203
that sounds like its going to look really stupid,don't bother
>>
>>9475203
>I'm doing a cult party coord
peignoirs and lingerie have been done to death, it's time to move on
>>
>>9475203
What the fuck are you smoking that makes you think that that's a good idea? You clearly don't get cult party kei at all, please stop before you embarrass yourself
>>
>>9475203
If it's done right then it could be cute. I wouldn't go with a full staff though, more like something small similar to the SM wands.
>>
>>9475231
It's called being new and wanting to do something different, get your panties out of your ass.
>>
>>9475226
I'm not using peignoirs or lingerie. Honestly, I'm not even sure if it would be called a cult party coord because like I said, it leans way more on sleepwear (I'm talking PJs and slippers). I've seen some street snaps of girls doing similar but I don't know what it would be called.
>>
>>9475203
Don't think that's appropriate for cpk.
In all honesty, Im not really use to seeing lights or electronic anything with cpk since it feels so soft... I can't even imagine how you would incorporate anything nightlightish to it.
>>
I'm looking for headwear that will be fitting for darker coords but are still sweet (ie Twinkle Mermaid in black and Holy Lantern). HL has a matching bow but it doesn't look good. Any advice would be helpful
>>
>>9476283
Most brands sell basic black headdresses.
These are really sweet looking:
http://www.maxicimam.com/?mode=cate&cbid=216963&csid=11
These are more versatile:
http://www.hearte.co.jp/product-list/18
>>
>>9476297
Those are all cotton though and don't go great with HL's chiffon/flocky look
>>
File: hummingmint.png (412KB, 700x462px) Image search: [Google]
hummingmint.png
412KB, 700x462px
I'm contemplating doing a coord inspired by the sanrio character Hummingmint, heres what I've come up with. Thoughts? Any tips on not looking like fucking weeb trash?
>>
>>9476445
Heart E has a few velvet bows that might work well with HL's flocked print.
>>
>>9476505
this is a super cute idea! the only thing thats throwing me off is the blue bow on the jsk. hummingmint has those cute lil hearts on its side too, maybe incorporate something with hearts? love the colour scheme!
>>
File: IMG_3245.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3245.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
I got this red apron at thrift recently thinking it would be cute in a country coord but haven't been able to find much inspo? anyone have some apron coord pics that aren't just white?
>>
File: vintageapron.png (624KB, 689x637px) Image search: [Google]
vintageapron.png
624KB, 689x637px
>>9476558
I think it could work! I threw together a lil coord for you, not sure if you like sweet but I think a lil gingham apron would be cute with sheep garden. I think using either a plain dress or a print not too overboard would be best.
>>
If I wear a large sun hat, is it overkill to have a parasol as well? The coordinate is OTT, but I don't know how I feel about having so many sun blocking accessories
>>
>>9476445
the maxicimam ones would go well with twinkle mermaid
>>
>>9475242
Well it's not cute and you're making it into a costume. Call me when you stop smoking crack
>>
>>9476593
thank you for this!! i love sheep garden, i agree it would be so precious!
>>
>>9476505
I wonder if the pink shoes might he better in lavender but I really love this idea!!
>>
>>9476647
Get over yourself.
>>
>>9476558
Agree with >>9476593 but I would add some lace to the hem of the apron as well.

>>9476600
I think it works really nicely in gothic in a SHIELD ME FROM THE BURNING ORB kind of way, but you're right that it might look a little odd in other styles. I think hat + parasol is totally fine but if the hat is really huge it might look excessive.

>>9476505
I think this looks very cute. Agreeing with a touch more lavender from >>9476654 but I don't think it'd look good with lavender shoes, maybe even some clips on your bag?
>>
>>9476297
Thank you for the input! I didn't realize Maxicimam made so much headwear.
>>
File: baghelp.jpg (437KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
baghelp.jpg
437KB, 1000x800px
Hello! I want to find a bag that would match both my AP holy theater and my upcoming cat's astrology dress.

The top row bags have the advantage of being practical, but i love how kistch the holographic star bag is.

I wondering which one would be the best compromise to match the 2 dresses.
>>
>>9477278
Given that you don't know what shade of navy the astrology dress is and you can't really guarantee that they'll match, just get the star bag or the Mu Fish bag (as the latter has multiple shades on it)
>>
>>9477292
I guess i'll take the mu fish bag, as i've been eyeing it for a while, thanks!
>>
>>9477278
I love that holo star bag, where did it come from?
>>
File: 16_12_8_259_1.jpg (62KB, 426x640px) Image search: [Google]
16_12_8_259_1.jpg
62KB, 426x640px
Hello! I've just ordered pic related (btssb anniversary skirt) and I'm not sure what color blouse to coord with it
>>
>>9477514
Black, or you could do a tartan jacket. It has a lots of potential options but it really depends on the rest of the coord.
>>
>>9477514
You could do white if you have a grey jacket.
>>
File: magicamuletcoord.jpg (474KB, 1608x1050px) Image search: [Google]
magicamuletcoord.jpg
474KB, 1608x1050px
Alright here's what I have so far. I think I wanna switch out the headwear; if I could finish the set with the veil that would be ideal. But what do you guys think of the rest?
>>
What makes a "complete" coord to you? I'm still pretty new, and while I'm starting to feel confident in my wardrobe I'm worried that my coords will feel incomplete if its just JSK+blouse+legwear+shoes+headbow. I'm working on buying some bags that'll go with my wardrobe, but should I start looking into other accessories like rings or additional head pieces?
>>
>>9478279
It really depends on your style, an OTT sweet print might look unfinished without a necklace and some bracelets and rings, but a more toned-down coord might not need any accessories at all. I really love bags as accessories and if you want to go outside in your coord you'll need bags that at least vaguely match anyway, but I think you can get away with collecting jewellery more gradually. A lot of versatile jewellery (e.g. good-quality faux pearl bracelets and necklaces) can be picked up really cheaply as well.
>>
>>9478031
I like it, but I'm not sold on the wig. I like the idea of using a non-natural colour that isn't black or red with the coord but I think I'd go for a more toned-down and dustier pink or it might just look mismatched. I also dislike the blouse and think the sort of blouse shown on the mannequin would look better. Especially wristcuffs plus a blouse with sleeves like that would look incredibly weird.
>>
>>9478301
Hm. I have a black/grey ombre wig it just needs some serious TLC. As for blouses should I keep with the high neck? I think that'd look best but I want a second opinion.
>>
>>9478663
Yes, I think high neck will look best.
>>
File: item_image.jpg (238KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
item_image.jpg
238KB, 550x550px
I'm so in love with this jsk but I'm having a little trouble coording it. I was thinking a dark blue blouse and dark blue, possibly black shoes, but I'm at a loss for what accessories I should look for.
>>
>>9480258
I was actually about to ask for help with my ivory colorway of this dress.
Ive got a nice couple of sepia coords planned but im thinking of going outside the box with a gret blouse but idk what to do about shoes if i got that route.
>>
File: downloadfile.jpg (12KB, 462x525px) Image search: [Google]
downloadfile.jpg
12KB, 462x525px
It's Disneyworld/narrow feet anon back again.
I have made some progress with my quest for narrow, flat, comfy shows which aren't obviously school shoes.
I now have a pair of Oxfords and these which should both be comfy enough with an insole.
How did I do? Still ita?
>>
>>9477333
cotton candy feet
>>
Not sure if this the right place, but if not ignore me.
I've noticed lately that pretty much all my coords are missing something. I'm pretty weak with accessories so I'm going to start building it up from scratch properly.
What would be some staple accessories (of any kind, headwear, jewelry, socks etc) for sweet or gothic lolita?
>>
>>9477514
I'm a complete sucker for grey with pink. I could see it being really cute with a pink blouse, grey/black hair accessories, black bag and shoes, and either pink with black or black with pink socks
>>
>>9476771
Thank you for your input! Unfortunately my coord isn't gothic, it's like..mature sweet? I think I'll have to pick one or the other so it doesn't look like a hot mess of domes above my head haha
>>
>>9480403
These are pretty cute. Not the greatest shoe I've ever seen but definitely an improvement from the first pair you chose. Looks alright for casual wear and comfort, especially if you can tie the ribbon into a cute bow.
>>
>>9480563
Large headbows (head eating even), a pair of ribbon hair combs, wrist cuffs, necklaces with cute motifs, patterned or lace-topped socks and novelty bags to match your coords for Sweet.
Rose hair clips, canotiers, rectangle headdresses, maybe a large black hat with a wide brim if you can find one, necklaces or brooches with matching motifs (crosses, bats, roses, cameos?), lace tights and lace topped socks, bags and purses shaped like bats or coffins, for Gothic.
Try looking at coords for inspiration and ideas, see what other lolitas are wearing and think how you can incorporate that into your own coords.
>>
>>9482160
The ribbon is which nice grosgrain so it does tie in good bows.
I wore them in a casual (non-lolita) coord the other day and got a tonne of compliments so even if I decide I don't like them with lolita they have a place in my wardrobe!
I'm just hoping they'll be comfy enough when they are broken in.
>>
>>9482168
This really got my gears turning, thank you anon! I don't know why but I feel like it's really easy to get overwhelmed sorting out what I do and don't have.
>>
I have the opportunity to get this dress, but I was wondering if there is any way to coord it well? all I've seen is shit.
>>
>>9482846
pic drop
>>
Are there any gold tights/socks that match the darker good on radiant candlelight? All the gold accessories I see seem to lean more on the saturated and brighter side.
>>
>>9475203
Wow is there a bigger version of this image?!
>>
Where do you gulls buy crochet lace tights? Everyone says We Love Colors but I am only finding fishnet and not crochet.
>>
>>9488841
I get thigh highs and OTKs from Forever 21. Not quite the same, but slap on a garter belt and nobody will know the difference.
>>
>>9476558
not sure if you may need to alter it as it doesn't look like it will flare out enough over a petti'd skirt.
>>
>>9478031
I don't like the crystal headband with this or the cotton wristcuffs.
I say switch the cuffs to a lighter see-through material (gathered organza, chiffon, or organdy) and the headband to a layered lace maxi pad headdress (with lace that matches feel of blouse lace).
what kind of jewelry were you thinking? silvers and whites would be great to help incorporate the print on the bag
>>
>>9480258
can't go wrong with cat brooches and maybe clockfaces since those always get associated with diamond patterns
make sure you do bronze metals though.
>>
>>9489047
Well I got my hands on the matching veil so that's not a problem. I'm going for a fortune teller vibe so I want a long necklace, maybe with a crystal ball charm. I could go for silvery chain wrist cuffs that sorta drip down my hand in an art deco pattern and are secure to a ring I wear on my middle finger.
>>
File: Casual.png (2MB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
Casual.png
2MB, 960x960px
I'm interested in some concrit and suggestions for this casual coord I've been playing with. I do have socks in mind, black ones with horses on it, similar colouring to the skirt.
>>
>>9489574
This is really cute, anon.I would go with the black shoes.
>>
File: 20170526_090204.jpg (864KB, 1108x1358px) Image search: [Google]
20170526_090204.jpg
864KB, 1108x1358px
Sorry for the shit pic, but does anyone know how to spruce up my coord for a lolita teaparty? I usually coord in a more "punk" way, but now im trying my hands at doing something a little more fancy i guess, and idk how to make my coord more complex...
>>
>>9494582
Im also confused on what headress i should wear, if anyone has any recs please link me!
>>
>>9494582
It's hard to tell which headpiece without seeing them worn and your hairstyle, but they all look fitting. I'd definitely recommend more matte shoes though. Just something on the same level as your purse would keep it from looking cheap. Other than that I think it looks really nice as is. The velvet, blouse, broach, and headpieces are more than formal enough. If that's what you mean and not OTT I actually think the tights make a bit less dressy than otherwise, but I feel that last part is highly subjective.
>>
>>9489574
I don't know anon, I feel like the socks would push it even further into eye searing territory. It's a pretty busy coord and I think it needs a different color to break it up in the leg area. White, any of the other colors in the print or even just plain black would work.
>>
>>9494582
>>9494583
I feel like every headpiece would work, but the canotier would be good if you made a larger hairstyle like a hime bouffant (they tend to look weird on flatter styles), which is good for an OTT event but I'm not sure if it'd suit your coord (could do though, in a vampirey sort of way). The shoes are typical Meta shoes and would be fine. Having seen far left headdress IRL and knowing it can come off as kind of sweet (like a floppy bonnet) I think the middle one would probably suit the coord better, even though it is more subdued.
>>
>>9494582
I don't really like the tights at all with this, mostly because they add so many more colors to the coord, but the blacks aren't consistent, which highlights the different shades.
do you have some other legwear you were thinking?
>>
File: 2017-05-27_06.37.31.jpg (280KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-27_06.37.31.jpg
280KB, 720x720px
>>9494606
I think ill change my bag to match the shine of the shoes (the bag is a little larger than what i wanted to carry tho)
>>9494645
Im stuck between hairstyles ( ill be using my naturaL hair btw) and im not sure if i should do twin buns with my hime cut or just let my hair loose and curl it.
>>9495081
Heres my selection of tights! The bottom pic on the left are the tights i took pics of and the bottom right pic is my inspiration. I really like how tamie love has solid black outfits with colorful tights and thought it could work!

I wanted to have a statement piece in my coord to keep it from being boring! Atelier pierrot is gonna be at the teaparty so i wanted to do something a little interesting yet formal.

Have any other suggestions to add more interesting elements? And what tights do you think would work best? (I was also thinking of adding doll part hair accessories to unify my outfit with the tights.
>>
>>9495412
I really like tights anon, the rest of your coord is put together well and monochromatic so the tights add a bit of interest and even though they don't match completely, I think it works in an street-snap sort of way. Twin buns could work for hair but typically they're more of a sweet style but you could do them in a more regal or gothic way I guess
>>
>>9495412
I'm with >>9495416 on twin buns being very sweet, if you wanted to go in that sort of direction twintails or half-up-half-down twintails would actually be a more commonly-seen thing in gothic (backcombing optional). It's hard to say how the pop of colour would be in person, on paper I am favouring the tights on the top right (not keen on top left as there's no Alice/Deer/card suit motifs in the coord and they're not gothic enough to work regardless).
>>
>>9478031
I don't like wrist cuffs with hime sleeves on the blouse. Bag looks cheap. Why a pink-ish wig?
>>
>>9489574
Black shoes no hoodie. It adds too much busy pattern elements even though it matches ok. Although I don't really like how the necklace obscures the lettering on the cutsew.
>>
>>9494621
I'd probably go for a pair of plain knee socks or in winter tights, thanks for your advice

>>9502045
I added the hoodie because its winter now in Australia. The necklace, I do get your point and I can probably move it higher with the clasp to bring it above the wording, but I might remove it completely just because it may be too much going on. I could swap it out for my AP trump carnival bracelet instead, what do you think? I also appreciate your advice too
>>
File: kissmecat1.jpg (93KB, 568x878px) Image search: [Google]
kissmecat1.jpg
93KB, 568x878px
Doing a coord for Kiss Me Cat, but I'm at a loss for what kinds of accessories I should use with it. Also wouldn't mind being pointed to a store either based in the US or Europe that sells cute rings and necklaces.
>>
>>9495412
Sauce on the bottom left tight, please? I like the colorful tights with all black too. If you leave your hair loose, I vote for the middle headdress, I'm always wondering what kind of headpieces do best with twin buns though. I haven't tried that hairstyle yet but I want to.
>>
>>9502040
It's a true blond in person; the picture makes it look a lot more pink than it actually is. I wanted a warmer color to compliment the red tones. I haven't ordered the bag yet so I can nix that. Another anon pointed out hime sleeves and wrist cuffs would look odd so I'm going for silver fortune-teller-esque bracelets. Would a simple black Loris star bag do?
>>
File: DSC_0651.jpg (181KB, 700x796px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0651.jpg
181KB, 700x796px
>>9475203
Starting to get into the fashion here
After opinions on pic related
>>
File: krad coord.jpg (66KB, 631x826px) Image search: [Google]
krad coord.jpg
66KB, 631x826px
>>9482846
>>9482847
Tried to coord it but the bronzey brown is throwing me off. Instead I chose to bring out some of the darker browns and the gold tones. Hope this helps to kick start some ideas.
>>
>>9503631
Your socks are too off-white/yellow toned to match the white on your blouse and in the print. Find some socks that match your whites better.

Also, the shoes are fairly average, you don't have any black to tie them into. I would go for either a nice blue like the hearts/diamonds in the print, or a navy, and pair that with a navy bag to keep the colour cohesive (don't go for too dark of a navy). Also, you'll need wristcuffs and headwear- A bow matching your shoes and bag would balance everything out nicely! Some gold accessories would also fit very nicely, particularly Alice/Trump themed ones.

I love the idea of the bunny blouse with the print, good choice!
>>
>>9502517
The tights are by morun x muuna from their stoik line https://store.lolitacollective.com/collections/vendors?q=Morun%20X%20Muuna%20Stoik
>>
>>9476297
Baby sells black maxipad headdresses covered in ribbons and tulle lace.
>>
>>9503631
the blouse and skirt combo is good, but like the other anon said, your socks look too yellow. i think you can stick to the black shoes if you have a black bag, but that's just my personal taste, some lolitas like it more matchy-matchy. gold jewellery sounds nice and i can imagine a pearl bracelet working well in this too. you also don't NEED wristcuffs, just don't go with bare wrists. a headbow that matches the shoes and bag is a good idea, but if your hair is dark, maybe try a light blue or matching white one?
>>
>>9476600
I share your dislike of too much sun - I wear dark glasses and a parasol with my gothic coordinates.
>>
>>9503890
Thanks for suggestions, I really don't want to look ita first time wearing this stuff.
Going to save up for some nice shoes and accessories, moving house at the moment is leaving me a bit cash strapped
Any ideas on a blouse, even though the cardigan's going over it?
>>
File: ILD 2017 Operetta meitu.jpg (72KB, 466x960px) Image search: [Google]
ILD 2017 Operetta meitu.jpg
72KB, 466x960px
Hi, I'm hoping this is okay. This is my third or fourth coord, and I'd really love some concrit. I really wasn't a fan of the warm toned brown shoes, but it was all I had for now- though in person people seemed to like it, but I'm not sure if people were just being nice. Sorry for potato quality.
>>
>>9508580
The brown shoes personally don't bother me but I can see how other people might think differently.
What does bother me is your cardigan. I'm not sure if I'm missing details because of photo quality but it looks very normie and cheap, plus the color doesn't match anything else in your coord. I think a white lacy blouse instead of a cardi might also make your silhouette look less frumpy.
>>
>>9508580
I saw this on cof and liked! Here are some things I'd fix:
*I'd go for a blouse with a slightly less cumbersome collar to wear with your cardigan; it's really busy in your neck/collarbone area and hard to look at. Might be better if you didn't try to tie the cardigan closed
*Shoes in the same color as the bolero for balance
*And maybe a flower in the same color for your hair
*More elegant looking tights that match the floral motif of the skirt. The color is fine but the bottom half of your coord looks kinda empty in comparison to the busy top half

All that said all your pieces are really cute and you have good taste and good styling choices!!!
>>
Lolita sandals with socks. Yay or nay?
>>
>>9508587
Unless you're going to post your coord this is more something for the general
>>
File: sophia.jpg (64KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
sophia.jpg
64KB, 480x640px
I'm fairly new to lolita and I've been eyeing this dress for a while since I'll be visiting baby's shop in NY soon. Is there any way to coord it that wouldn't be too much? I'm a lone lolita so I wouldn't be wearing it for a meet or anything
>>
>>9509137
Absolutely. The most understated way would be:
-Black socks/OTKs/tights
-Black shoes
-A simple short necklace or choker
-Bracelets or wrist cuffs
-A simple loliable purse in black
And maybe a parasol if you want.
You don't have to stick to black only obviously, pick another color if you want to change things up a bit, either way it's a very simple dress so coording it in a simple way is very easy.
>>
>>9509164
thank you! all the chiffon was what got me worried there, hehe
>>
>>9509164
>>9509192
Oh oops, forgot the hair accessory. Go with a simple bow, a flower hair clip, a rectangle headdress (maybe a modern one that uses lace similar to the OP's), this OP is so simple you could make quite a few things work with it.
>>
>>9509137
I'm a lonelita too and this dress is more than suitable for dressing down. Its color makes it very easy to coordinate and looking at the shape you don't need a lot of petti for it to work, whereas some dresses look weird without poof.
I personally have a really large collection of tights to combine with plainer pieces and still remain wearable and normie-friendly.
For this dress you could combine it with tights and a simple headband or hair ribbons of any color, wine or navy or a lighter pink or baby blue could all work.
>>
>>9509367
May I ask what you mean by dressing gown?
>>
>>9509378
Ffffs, sorry read it wrong
>>
>>9508582
I think the cardigan might look slightly better in person, but I'm obviously biased because I made it. I had wanted brown shoes that matched the cardigan but... well yeah I've complained about that already. I'll have to go shopping for a lacier blouse, thanks!
>>9508583
Would switching to a square necked blouse be better, you think? ^ same thing about the shoes, I'm currently on the hunt for matching shoes. Thanks for all of the advice! I'll try and do better next time.
>>
>>9503876
I don't think those necklines will work together, try more of a square neck or high necked blouse
>>
This wonderful disaster has been one of my dream dresses for a while, and I'm planning to get it to wear to a tea party in September.
I know coording an OP is not that difficult, I was planning to try to make a white tricorn with gold details, and gold shoes (the Taobao knock-offs of the AP glittery heels), but I CAN'T for the life of me figure out the legwear Dx It's gotta be tights or otks obv, I was looking at AP's Royal Queen otks in ivory on LM, but they got snatched by someone else. Currently I'm looking at a pair of Baby white/gold diamond otks, but mirroring the diamond pattern on the legwear seems really boring =(

Help please, extra karma points for links to active auctions >w<
>>
File: IMG_1684.png (206KB, 1233x957px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1684.png
206KB, 1233x957px
>>9515155
>Dx
>=(
>>w<
>karma
>>
File: sweet.jpg (198KB, 484x645px) Image search: [Google]
sweet.jpg
198KB, 484x645px
Posting here for help--

I'm thinking about pulling that light blue out in the form of a headbow and tights, and then doing either black or dark purple shoes. What should I do for the blouse tho?
>>
>>9515226
pfffft my apologies I wasn't aware this was a business meeting of 50 y/o men and no fun was allowed.
Got anything useful to say?
>>
>>9516733
Lurk more. We universally hate and mock that shit. And I say this as someone who has a lot of trouble not doing it.
>>
>>9489574
What >>9502045 said, especially the necklace obscuring things.

I gotta say, I still like the first one, even so. I love mega busy coords like this that kind of work. Maybe try adjusting the necklace in back so it doesn't obscure the text and holding onto the hoodie in case you need it when you go out.
>>
>>9517420
And here I was hoping cgl could be helpful for once. I couldn't give less of a fuck about what the gulls do and don't approve of, and afaik this is not the cgl etiquette thread.
"I mock people for something I myself struggle with" well aren't you a gem, have a cookie.
>>
>>9517498
It's called an imageboard, newfriend, which means we can post pretty pictures and use our big girl words to convey what we mean, not type like a retarded child. It's the standard across this whole website, not just /cgl/, and I suggest you to deviantart if you wanna chat with ~Luvley lolis xD~
>>
>>9517498
>>9517506
holy shit can you guys at least sage your bickering if you aren't going to stay on topic?
>>
>>9515239
You could do a black top with black shoes. But I'd like to see some more light blue, maybe a necklace?
>>
>>9515239
Black blouse with black shoes, but if possible more pops of the light blue in accessories - maybe the bag, or in wrist cuffs or even a brooch/neck bow
I really hope you aren't planning to do plain sax blue tights and have something with a pattern - I think a big block of it will look odd since it's an accent in the print.

>>9502510
Are you planning to wear the whole set with the beret and tights or do you have a different outfit for it? The obvious answer is Marie-themed jewellery - but you could pick up pink flowers, bows, or generic white cats as a jewellery motif. I definitely think cutesy is the way to go with this - it's not a dress that says elegant and refined, it's one that is unashamedly pink and girly. Bag-wise - the Samantha Vega Luna one in white is pretty cute (and there are heaps of knock offs of it online) or generic pink/white bag is ok.
>>
>>9517498
>I want people here to help me
>I don't want to communicate with them in a respectful and coherent way

Gee I wonder why people don't want to help you.
>>
>>9517538
>>9517621

Thank you both for the advice! I think a black blouse and shoes will go a lot better than what I was thinking.

Also, the tights have a similar cloud/star print on them so they'll fit just fine!

One last thing: do you think I could switch out the blue with pink in a different coord, or would that be too much? I have an adorable bag that I bought recently and it's the same shade of pink. I originally thought about wearing it with the outfit but since I'll be sticking mostly with that blue, I don't want it to stand out too much.
>>
File: IMG_3747.jpg (71KB, 570x959px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3747.jpg
71KB, 570x959px
>>9515155
I have the jsk version and it's even harder to coord (it has some random blue ribbon on the front instead of the white part ugh). I'd go with some offwhite tights with a simple gold design since the dress is already pretty full. It really depends on what kind of shoes you will use tho!
>>
>>9517702
Sage for reading comprehension. With the glittery shoes, the tights might me too much imho. Try to take a pic when you can, because it's hard to give advice without seeing all the accessories.
>>
>>9517652
I think you could do pops of pink in a different outfit, definitely! Pink and blue could be a little too much for the same outfit but if you want to try it, take an outfit photo and then see if it looks balanced. Often flat lays/theoretical outfits look balanced but then in person they don't - so it's always best to photograph it worn and see
>>
I've been trying to find some brown tights for a classic coord does anyone know any places that sell more elegant patterns rather than plain brown tights? I've looked around on taobao but I can only find more sweet styled ones.
>>
>>9478031
Don't listen to >>9489047
Your headwear is very interesting. Keep the blouse, switch wristcuffs to bracelets that match your headwear. Style your wig into a half updo or something so it doesn't cover half of your body. Your coord is gorgeous.
>>
On a scale from 1-10 how much shit would I get for wearing a pair of my pointe shoes in a swan lake coord?
>>
>>9518950
>>
>>9519057
Th-thanks
>>
>>9518375
Are you looking for prints? Or like textured patterns? MuFish has some solid brown textured tights with nice not overly sweet patterns. Herringbone, braided/cabling etc.
>>
>>9518950
I think it would be cute for a coord photo, but not if you're actually planning to walk around in them. I'd love to see a ballerina lolita photoshoot with a ton of en pointe poses!
>>
>>9518950
Shoot, yes but only if you know what you are doing. Otherwise no. There are tons of shoes inspired by them so get those instead.
>>
I would like some advice, what kind of wristwear would be best for this? Its my first time wearing princess sleeves and I'm at a loss
>>
>>9519510
pearl/metal bracelets or gloves
>>
File: iw dots jsk.jpg (48KB, 250x333px) Image search: [Google]
iw dots jsk.jpg
48KB, 250x333px
Im so clueless with this dress, I was thinking in a white blouse, white legwear, brown shoes and purse. But Im not sure, halp gulls
>>
>>9519605
It might look more harmonious with beige or dusty pink than a stark white.
>>
>>9519605
I think white-white will be too jarring - it'd be better with ivory-beige tones,maroon or a dusty rose.
>>
>>9518950
For a photoshoot that would be cute, just have another pair of shoes you're planning on walking around in the coord. I know some brands and taobao do actually have ballerina style shoes, and rhs could be an option as well.

>>9519510
good christ this dress is frilly. I would wear pearl bracelets personally to match the trim on top.

>>9519605
Go with the other anons advice re: blouse colors, otherwise a pink or brown cardigan would work well. IW has a lot of beige/dark ivory legwear that I think would match the lace color too.
>>
Would these shoes (in pink) look too plain/normie for sweet?
>>
>>9519930
what mains are you thinking to pair them with? they look cute enough but it depends.

>the more I look though the weirder those bows look. they are stacked in a kind of displeasing way, maybe you can mod them.
>>
File: raven.gif (264KB, 250x168px) Image search: [Google]
raven.gif
264KB, 250x168px
>>9519930
I don't like the anklestrap
>>
>>9520453
Are you the same person who keeps posting RPDR references especially FPR? I like the show but it's getting obnoxious.
>>
File: ohyes.gif (984KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
ohyes.gif
984KB, 500x281px
>>9520459
I doubt it's only one person, anon.
I'm >>9520450 and I've saved a ton over the years for use on cgl.
pic related is one of my favs

>sage for ot
>>
>>9520450
some of the more simple newer AP stuff. i'm still sticking to tea parties for my older main pieces
>>
What pettis do people use for the long IW dresses, i've tried using my current one from taobao (AA) and it just looks silly since it's too short.
>>
>>9520827
I have a long square dancing petti.
>>
>>9519930
>>9520674
They would work with the larme-ish super simple stuff AP is putting out lately, can't hurt to try if you already have tea parties for older stuff.
>>
>>9520827
I use a long vintage petti i found on ebay, its a good place to look for them.
>>
File: IMG_9245.jpg (1022KB, 2043x2043px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9245.jpg
1022KB, 2043x2043px
I hope you gulls don't mind a self-post.

I recently decided that I wanted to start adding ouji stuff into my wardrobe, so I whipped this up with what I already have. Since this is a work in progress (and I may wear this to future meetups), concrit would be much appreciated! I was already told to get rid of the bat bolero and get a vest instead, and I'm planning on getting pumpkin pants soon.
>>
>>9524026
Although I also love that sheglit-like corset with the dangling fabric I believe that fits more of an aristocrat coord than ouji.
White socks would tie the top and bottom nicely.
Also, look for boystyle-specific blouses like Atelier Boz or AatP. Those make a huge difference.
>>
File: head accesory help.jpg (105KB, 672x484px) Image search: [Google]
head accesory help.jpg
105KB, 672x484px
There's an old-school meetup in about a month.
I've been doing research on old-school aesthetic but still have a hard time deciding on what buy for a hair accessory.
>>
File: IMG_4010.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4010.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Hi! I've been Building this coord and I was hoping my package with my shoes and blouse would come in soon enough so I could wear them to an event I'm going to, but since I don't have lolita shoes that match this dress I decided that I would modify some black heels and wear a black and white blouse so it doesn't look out of place, what do you guys think?
>>
File: IMG_4011.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4011.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>9525933
I don't know why it posted that pic sideways, but here's a close up on the shoes
>>
File: IMG_3721.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3721.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>9525933
Here's the shoes worn
>>
>>9525941
Wtf idk why it's upside down I'm sorry
>>
>>9519605
For some reason everytime I see the innocent world logo I think it says innocent borb

But I think beige would look better than white, and maybe add some maroon and brown?
>>
File: apstripebag.jpg (250KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
apstripebag.jpg
250KB, 500x600px
>>9525933
>>9525936
>>9525941
I'm sorry anon, I see what you're trying to do but the black still looks super out of place. The only way I see of possibly making it work is adding more black x lavender stuff like this purse, adding black clips to the dress, and a secondary smaller black headbow, but even with those things the black would look super shoehorned in...
>>
>>9525933
those shoes are cute and I think they /could/ work with that dress just
not with that blouse or tights. the black shoes on lav tights looks not great, and that blouse looks too casual for the dress. Do you have a black princess style blouse you could wear? Not sure how to fix the tights, I think black would be way to heavy, and ivroy would look weird with a black blouse.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>9526003
I have this blackxlavender purse
>>
>>9526073
where's that purse from? it's cute af. need to know if it comes in any other colors.
>>
>>9526079
I'm sorry I'm actually not sure, it was a gift and it doesn't say a brand on it anywhere
>>
>>9524624
I'm an oldschooler, anon! I think, with OPs, go with that cute red headbow. Unless you have a long and thin face with long hair, then wear the maxi pad with fluffed-out mid-temple pigtails OR Victorian braids that loop. Suuuuper cute, love red gingham!
>>
Sorry for the shit quality, the light in my room isn't too good but I wanted some opinions...

It's baby's first coord and I know that right now it needs a lot of work but I'd rather put myself out there for concrit now than have it all wrong later...

Self concrit is that I need accessories and as much as I love these BTSSB sneakers, they don't go well with the coord. Also, even though I really love it, I don't think I'll be able to coord the bag well in it.

Anon in last thread suggested a black blouse, so when that comes in I'll test the coord out with it; I also have some black shoes with pearls (there's pearls on the hat - if I can manage to get the bag to fit, I also have a pearl handle for it, so maybe that'll help more..)

Any other concrit would be great. I know it's missing a lot of elements and I feel like I'm really close but I guess I'm just worried about turning out like a hot mess.
>>
File: sorryforshitphotos.png (444KB, 673x393px) Image search: [Google]
sorryforshitphotos.png
444KB, 673x393px
>>9526377
Annnnnnd of course the pic drops. Sorry
>>
>>9526377
Pick one coordinating color. Is there actually lav in the print? I just see dark purple. Get a pink beret and ditch the lav one. Can't see the tights well enough to know if there's anything going on there.
>>
File: dress.jpg (186KB, 484x645px) Image search: [Google]
dress.jpg
186KB, 484x645px
>>9526393
Here's a pic of the dress to help out. The beret and the tights are both that sax color of blue that I originally wanted to pull out more.

I think I will switch to pinks instead of the blues though, I feel like that would be easier for a beginner like myself.
>>
>>9525933
Navy blue would be a much better choice for shoes, even white or maybe gold would look better than the black I think.

>>9526377
Swap out the sneakers yeah, save them for something more casual (maybe the salo with a cutsew and short socks, for example).
Pink shoes would tie in the bag better.
Also I would recommend a wig in a natural color, the tealy blue-green you have is a bit sickly looking.
>>
>>9526417
I'll keep that in mind, thank you!
>>
>>9520827
Malco Modes makes a long length tulle petti. I stack a bell or two underneath to fill out the top of the skirt, which in turn boosts the long pettis layers closer to the dress hem.
>>
>>9526383
If you really wanted to use the sneakers I'd suggest pairing it with a more casual jacket or hoodie-type cutsew, otherwise I'd say ditch them.
>>
>>9526383
I'm so glad you bought this before I did; you look hella cute!

Wtc backpack?
>>
>>9526554
That's a good idea, thank you! I also think that they just don't fit with the salo itself desu

>>9526557
Oh, thank you! I appreciate that. Here's a link to the bag, it has a TON of space and I'm definitely gonna be ordering it in a different color at some point. It's also super customize-able , which I love: http://www.spreenow.com/taobao-agent/taobao/543811443204
>>
File: DH kimono.jpg (221KB, 477x715px) Image search: [Google]
DH kimono.jpg
221KB, 477x715px
I've got this dress on preorder and was wondering what all exactly could go good with it.
I'm fairly new to lolita and it'll be my first coord and I don't want to mess it up too badly

I was thinking maybe a straight himecut black wig or one with a ponytail, and some straight black stockings.
It says it's a JSK, but it has sleeves so I have no idea if those are actually attached or not so I have no idea about a blouse or anything of that nature, but I would like maybe something to cover my neck with, but It really kinda depends I guess.
>>
>>9527915
It does not have sleeves as far as I can see. What does your hair look like?
>>
>>9526072
>that blouse looks too casual for the dress
This is some of the worst advice I keep seeing. I don't love that blouse but do you want all clothing pieces to be fighting for attention?
>>
>>9527929
>It does not have sleeves as far as I can see
Odd. maybe that part is separate or is something that the seller picked out they thought went well with it maybe. It just looks like the kimono sleeves are attached to it to me.

Anyways I have brown pixiecut hair.
>>
>>9526383
Ouch. There was a reason I suggested pops of sax blue, not solid tights and a beret.
>>
>>9527915
The shop coorded it with a blouse for that picture but that's a JSK, so you'll need to find a blouse or bolero to wear with it.
>>
>>9527915
Nonnie, that's a blouse. It's just a jsk without sleeves
>>
>>9527979
>>9527975
ah okay. thanks, that kinda confused me there for a second, thanks for clearing that up. I'll need to add a blouse to the list as well then.
>>
File: IMG_4088.jpg (143KB, 502x1149px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4088.jpg
143KB, 502x1149px
>>9525933
Okay update I finally got my hands on a black blouse and this is how it looks now, excuse my gross hair it was just a late night try on
>>
>>9528030
This looks pretty cute! I love the sleeves with the dress. My only suggestion is a bit out there, but if there is any way to maybe like, fold the collar of the blouse down so it's more lowcut without looking like garbage, you should do that. It's looking pretty heavy on top
>>
>>9528030
Maybe wear black tights and purple shoes, to balance the black on top.
>>
>>9527947
You'd probably be fine without wig, just because you're starting out it's probably better to invest in clothes first, and try to get basic/neutral things so you can wear it with other skirts or dresses later
>>
>>9528092
don't do this
>>
>>9528099
I thought it'd look kinda weird too, and I wanna wear the full set
>>
>>9528030
Wow! This actually looks better than I thought! I still think you should add a black hair accessory and a black brooch on the dress. The sleeeves look a little short on you, maybe lavender wrist cuffs would work. Also I suggest adding a necklace.
>>
>>9528098
>You'd probably be fine without wig
I honestly don't think I would be because
>guy
And my bangs are kinda wavy and don't stay in one place.
Personally I don't think my actual hair would really fit with the outfit itself, because I get nitpicky about details like that.

But getting a blouse should probably be my top priority after getting the dress.I'm just not too sure which blouse would look nice with it, since like I said I'm fairly new to actually wearing the fashion.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>9528244
I'm wearing this necklace
And I actually don't own any other black accessories because I rarely ever wear black
And I tried wrist cuff but because the sleeves flare out at the bottom they look really weird
>>
File: idkman.png (439KB, 475x778px) Image search: [Google]
idkman.png
439KB, 475x778px
Is this cute or is my shit taste showing?
>>
>>9528030
I love the concept. I hate the blouse. The fabric and design just seem wrong for this
>>
File: nicehair.gif (1016KB, 500x259px) Image search: [Google]
nicehair.gif
1016KB, 500x259px
>>9520453
>>9520510
Bless you anon
>>
>>9531166
Should note that's a haori, not a shawl
>>
>>9531166
I love it but I love tacky meta shit, clashing prints and qutie frash style outfits so maybe don't take my word for it. Also you're probably better with knee length or longer socks for this rather than tabi socks, you aren't wearing geta so no one will know and rhs straps are likely to come a lot higher than ankle length.
>>
>>9527937
there's a difference between fighting for attention and working together. It's like you wouldn't wear an adidas track jacket with a formal evening gown, or a frilly princess sleeve blouse with a pencil skirt. They can work together without overpowering each other
>>
>>9531166

Either ditch the tabi, or go with okobo instead of rhs. There's not much point wearing authentic tabi and then covering up 85% of it with shoes and shoe straps. Personally I'd go with lolita socks, because the top of the tabi is loose and can look weird when they aren't covered up by the hem of the kimono. Alternatively you could trawl Rakuten and see if one of the trendy new types of girly-style split-toe socks would look nice on bare legs.

I also feel like that hairstyle with covered neck and the haori looks a bit too warm to pair with ankle socks for summer, but I guess that's a minor nitpick.
>>
>>9531166
With a blouse and not a haori it would be good. Do NOT wear traditional japanese shoes.
>>
>>9531457
Good idea anon. I honestly added the tabi because that's what I've got in my closet and I wanted something structured. Definitely open to any suggestions for regular OTKs. I do like your example pick tho! Also, I added the blouse as an afterthought because I thought it looked weird without one, it's definitely a mismatch, maybe I can get a lighter one with super short sleeves?

>>9531442
My RHS straps are so weird because they have velcro. I always have to wear them at ankle level because they don't wrap around quite right.
>>
File: 0050109370002-b9 (1).jpg (108KB, 450x645px) Image search: [Google]
0050109370002-b9 (1).jpg
108KB, 450x645px
>>9531479

It's not the blouse, it's the haori and the hairtsyle that makes it look warm, because the haori looks like a jacket (and functions like one, even for kimono).

You could try both swapping out the blouse for a shorter sleeve *and* swapping the haori out for one that's much lighter -- either a lace haori, or something with ro or sha weave (the fabric is sheer) to signal that this is a summer coord that goes with ankle/crew length socks. And tie all of your hair up into two cute buns instead of using a wig.

Or, keep them both and keep the wig, but go with OTK socks and the RHS in your photo.

Either way, do avoid the structured tabi -- the tops always look weird because they're meant to be covered by the hem of the kimono when worn. If you really want to do wa-lolita with authentic tabi, go for ankle-length dress which will cover their top (though this opens a whole different can of worms on how you can make an ankle-length wa lolita coord look good).
>>
File: milkyswan2.png (1MB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
milkyswan2.png
1MB, 1280x1024px
Gulls I'm in need of guidance.

I posted a while back about a coord for my first tea party later this year however due to budget restraints I've had look at different options and had to change what I originally intended to get.

I think with this being my first big tea party I'm pretty anxious and I really want to create a nice, well balanced coord. At the moment I'm worried some of the items I've chosen don't quite gel and I think I'm lacking a bit of inspiration in all honesty. Any advice would be super appreciated, especially any idea on how to elevate this coord from being something a bit basic.
>>
File: maybecoord.png (2MB, 1361x1138px) Image search: [Google]
maybecoord.png
2MB, 1361x1138px
>>9527915
So I think I may have come up with a coord. But I'd like a second opinion since It'll be my first.

I'm still trying to figure out what kind of shoes I want, originally I wanted red shoes but I'm still not too completely sure on that anymore. I also had an idea of white stockings/tights as well.
>>
>>9533735
why navy tho?
>>
>>9533563
I think I'll probably go with changing the socks out out for OTKs as I don't anticipate wearing this until Fall, but if I wear it for summer I think I'll get something like pick related to go over it like you suggested. Thanks anon!
>>
>>9533735
This looks awful. I think you ought to start over
>>
>>9533669
No real advice but I am loving those shoes in your collage, where did you find them?
>>
>>9533669
Link to the wig? It's absolutely gorgeous.

As for feedback I think you don't need to be so OTT about it, just relax. I think you'd do alright with these:

>dress
>tights
>pink shoes (it matches more items that the beige-gold? ones)
>blouse
>bag
>holographic angel wing hairpins (matches tones in the shoes/bag strap)

With your wig I don't think the hairbow or the flower crown will go well if you plan on styling it like the display photo. If you do style it like that, just get a plain light fabric bow for the back in white.
>>
File: coord.png (1MB, 1242x718px) Image search: [Google]
coord.png
1MB, 1242x718px
Could really use some help on this. It's my first big coord and I'm just sort of losing my mind over the accessories.
Everything with a red circle means it's bought already.

Looking for advice on hat, necklace, and maybe alternate tights? It was hard to find tights to go with such a busy print.
>>
>>9533882
Also looking for lace gloves as well if anyone has recommendations. Pic related is my style inspiration.
>>
File: generalidea.jpg (119KB, 736x829px) Image search: [Google]
generalidea.jpg
119KB, 736x829px
>>9533735
Others weren't being terribly helpful so I figured i'd help you out.

First of all, there's no navy in your print, so avoid using it. The base colour looks like a dark purple/black, so it'll clash badly with the navy.
I like the headbow, but the red seems a bit deep compared to the reds on the print. Seeing as the print is Japanese themed, I'd reccomend basing your accessories around that to keep everything cohesive. Some traditional japanese hair accessories or headwear (such as kanzashi) would tie in really nicely. Otherwise, just use the headwear that comes with the set.

I don't mind the style of the blouse you've gone for, but the colour is all wrong. Going for a black blouse (similiar to the stock photo) will work much better, and a black blouse will also be more versatile in your wardrobe in the long run. If the blouse you've picked has a black colourway, get that instead.
Ditch the navy tights, and avoid using those tights in general. The pattern doesn't fit the theme of the JSK at all. Go for something with oriental style florals on it if possible.
I made a mockup for you in PS to help visualise some ideas (and because it was fun). This isn't perfect, but most of the items here can be found on taobao, so it'll be easy to order them with your dress. Either of these bags would look nice, depends if you really want to embrace the Wa theme or not. Also, some RHS would fit nicely with the look as well. (I'd also reccomend a maxi-pad headdress in black paired with the kanzashi on the side!)
>>
>>9528030
the blouse throws everything off. you need something more lightweight and flowy to match the aesthetic of the JSK. as is, it just looks kind of clunky.
>>
File: d186312083.jpg.500x500.jpg (157KB, 334x500px) Image search: [Google]
d186312083.jpg.500x500.jpg
157KB, 334x500px
>>9533908
Thank you for the advice anon.

I was going to choose black for the blouse, but went with the dark blue because the model they had wear the set they also chose a dark blue blouse, so i thought it fit better.

Can you link those tights as well? They're really nice. Im still also thinking about maybe using white tights or the ones that come with the set.

Thank you as well for the shoe recommendation as well. I breifly thought of using RHS but I've got really bad balance with platform shoes.

I still kind of like the idea of white socks and red shoes into the coord, and I'm still wondering if there's anyway to actually implement that. But your mock up is really good and is a great motif i could start working with!
>>
>>9533882
I think you're trying to go way to OTT with a dress that won't work for that style. Just because it's a busy print doesn't mean it will work for something OTT. The dress is a really casual cut and doesn't look like it can hold the poof necessary for an ott coord.
That being said, I love the dress and purse combo, they look so cute. I think the shoes could work, but if you have a black chunky shoe that would look better. The black blouse you have doesn't mesh with the style of the jsk, Id try a plainer maybe chiffon blouse with smaller bishop sleeves, like pic related, but black. F21 had a blouse like this last season or two that you might be able to find. The hats you are the same as the blouse, they don't really mesh and fight the print for attention. A beret with a bow in the front or plain black bow at the back of your hair would be cute! If you do pearls pick a 2-3 strand necklace without decoration, and pull the pearls through with earrings. If you go with the beret pearls would look cute on it! The ivory tights look cute, I think black would be too heavy but that could be personal bias
Good luck! I hope your event goes well!!
>>
>>9533669
Where are those shoes from? I tried searching "baizow" and "batzow" but got nothing.

As for actual coord advice, I would use the same color headdress as the dress, and if you want to incorporate the pink more with the shoes, you should wear a pink blouse, and a smaller head accessory in pink.
>>
>>9533850
>>9534077
nayrt, but the shoes are from BaoZou:
https://shop144358398.world.taobao.com/

I have them in red, they're so fun. I feel like Dorothy when I'm wearing them.
>>
>>9534072
Thanks for the help! The blouse for me was tricky because I wasn't sure what style to go for but the one you posted looks really nice! I'll have to check my shop links and find one from Taobao since I'm doing an order soon.

I'm iffy about a beret just because they seem difficult to do well but I may just go for pearl hairpins with a braided style and leave it at that.
>>
I'm planning on wearing this to a meet this upcoming weekend.

I have the lavender AP Tokimeki necklace on the way to break up the black at the top.

Unfortunately, I don't have any lavender shoes or OTKs at the moment (I have AP's pop ribbon otks in lavender on the way but they won't get here in time).

I feel like the bottom half is too black, suggestions on how to break it up? Also, suggestions on how to get my bonnet to stay up? It's a Belladonna soft bonnet

Sorry for potato quality, as usual. I'm just a potato with a potato phone
>>
>>9534203
Are those lace up boots you're wearing? Maybe switch out the laces for ribbons in a matching shade of lavender, or purple like your underskirt?
>>
>>9534207
Yes they are and that's a genius idea!
>>
File: IMG_5483.jpg (49KB, 439x588px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5483.jpg
49KB, 439x588px
Do you guys think that these socks would go well with AP's Dolly Dot in black? I've been hunting socks down for that op for ages now
>>
>>9533854
Here's the wig! https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a312a.7700824.w4002-11967549831.37.1qPbTv&id=545612187301

Thanks for the feedback! I think I'd prefer to have it down now I've had more of a think as I might tease the curls out slightly for a more dreamy/ethereal vibe.

>>9534077

I'm a little reluctant to swap out the blouse as I think it'd pretty versatile with my wardrobe but I feel the same about the shoes in pink. I'll have a basic pink AP heart bag with me (I can't even fit my phone in that swan) so if I maybe had some smaller pink hair accessories (but still keeping the matching teal/mint headbow) do you think this would be enough to justify the shoes in pink?

>>9534097
Thanks for the info on the shoes anon! How did you find the fit and comfort of them?
>>
>>9534203
Your petticoat looks overstuffed, there should be some gathering and drape to it. Try an a-line instead of a bell petticoat, and wear it a little lower on your hips. Get some patterned tights, I hate the solid color blouse + same color tights combo. Some cute semi-sheer black tights, or even lavender if you can find it. Wear more jewelry, especially on your wrists and around your neck. Pearls are always a good and safe choice, and F21 always has basic cheap stuff you can customize. Buy some lavender ribbon that matches, and use it to make little bows to add to your jewelry. More headpieces with more detail, the one big purple bow is unbalanced. You need more purple in your bottom and on your arms, as well as to disperse the purple in your hair.

All your matching items are solid colored while the print is very busy, that makes it look a bit like babbys first coord with only basic items. Try adding more interest with patterned tights, ribbons and flowers in your hair, and colorful elaborate make-up.
>>
>>9535086
They are some of my more comfy lolita shoes! I wore them all day to a swap meet, barely sitting down and my feet were fine by the end of the day. That said, the front part does cut into my foot. I'd size up if you're in between sizes.
>>
>>9533993
Yeah I understand the idea behind the navy blouse, but the one you picked is almost like a dark teal, so it'll contrast weirdly.

Tights-
>https://world.taobao.com/item/537919217045.htm?fromSite=main&spm=a312a.7700824.w4002-16021679633.84.AXxvBs

And honestly, RHS are just a personal preference, though I think chunky platforms would look cute with it. If you go for red shoes, make sure they're a muted red, or they'll look really weird in contrast to your dress. Good luck with your coord!
>>
>>9535092
Don't do any of this. This sounds like accessory vomit.

Also, OP already addressed the lavender legwear and jewelry issue, did you read?

Tbqh if she switched out the legwear, added some jewelry like she mentioned and did the bow swap like other anon mentioned this would be really elegant
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
So I'm going to my first big event soon and I'm hoping to wear this dress. Problem is, I've no idea how to coord it. I'd like to try for an old school but still done-up look. I'm thinking maybe a rectangle headdress in off white, or off white and red, but I'm not sure. Or perhaps a bonnet with roses, to mirror the roses in the print? And maybe some off white knee socks with cotton lace. I could wear the red shoes in the photo but I'm not sure if they're too modern for the dress due to being so shiny. I've no clue what other accessories to wear with this. I'm also considering a ringlet wig but again, I'm really unsure. Any thoughts? Thanks!
>>
>>9538079
It looks like beige might suit this OP much better than off white, I would suggest you start with basic items in that color instead.
Also, if you don't get any helpful tips in this thread, try posting in the old school thread too >>9531487
>>
>>9538092
You're right, beige will probably look better. And thank you for the tip about the oldschool thread!
>>
>>9538079
Definitely ivory/beige; your current off white socks look too white for the dress. I think the shiny shoes are fine, I know shiny RHS weren't technically available back in the day but shiny heart buckle and other MJ style shoes were. Headwear wise, rectangle headdress is everyone's default idea of old school but a round headdress with similar lace to the dress would be cute, and you could add rose clips on top of it if you wanted to be super matchy. Ringlets are again the "new old school" cliche but if your hair is long enough, braided updos e.g. crown braids, looped pigtails etc are also cute, and sine braided styles might look a little more formal.
>>
>>9538079
I'm really not a fan of those shoes worn with oldschool, I think it's unobtrusive enough to get away with with the black version but those red Melissas really stand out. I'd use another pair of shoes if you can.
>>
File: s506-2.jpg (290KB, 700x1200px) Image search: [Google]
s506-2.jpg
290KB, 700x1200px
Is there a way to make these Bodyline shoes (S509) in brown work with classic coords without going for a chocolate theme?
>>
>>9538079
Get long bloomers if you can, or wear white tights or higher socks. Right now your socks are too short and without anything else to balance it looks a little naked. Shoes aren't too bad, but otherwise clunky black mary janes are always a good choice. Just do a regular white or offwhite rectangle headdress, and low braids might look cute. My advice is to look at a lot of old school pictures and figure out smaller details like what hairstyle you want to do, because that will really make or break your look if you're going for true old school. For accessories like jewelry, go simple. Simple gold or silver studs shaped like hearts or flowers are fine. I'd forgo a necklace if you don't have something in mind already.
>>
>>9540789
Coords can match with brown without being chocolate-themed, it'd work nicely for IW-style sweet-classic.
>>
File: ccshop.jpg (23KB, 236x321px) Image search: [Google]
ccshop.jpg
23KB, 236x321px
Just ordered the cotton candy shop full set and am looking for blouse/shoe suggestions. Part of me wants to go bold with a lavender blouse and shoes but part of me wants to play it safe with white instead.

Also bags. Bag suggestions would be great. I'm thinking a melty moon bag or a Loris star bag.
>>
>>9538079
If you want to look "done up" it's definitely about the hair + make, even if you're going to go for simpler, oldschool make-up try to make sure you have flawless skin, and do a fancier hairstyle like ringlets or maybe looped braids rather than just leaving your hair straight. I'd suggest trying to get a headdress that incorporates both cream/white and red, like the style of rectangle headdress that has small ribbon roses.
>>
Reposting from egl mentoring group since it went unnoticed for some reason. I have trouble coording this dress, one of the reasons being the "clashing" between navy and light colors, and the fact that the whites on the print are more like gray. Should i switch neutrals to sax ?
>>
>>9545773

Man. I own this print in navy as well, and even as someone with a fairly large wardrobe it's a headache to coord for the reasons you mentioned. I wouldn't recommend sax, the navy lining that makes the white look grey also makes the sax look cooler than usual. Ditto the pink as well.

I've had the most luck keeping within navy, white and/or gold. For eg you could do a full navy blouse, headbow, legwear, with gold bag and gold shoes. If you want to do white, treat the entire dress as navy and balance out the white, for eg white blouse, white legwear and white bag while everything else is navy.

For this cut you might also consider putting a safety pin on the shoulder ruffles so they stay up in place. I know some girls have no trouble staying upright and their shoulder ruffles never slip down, some others seems to have issues with it. The safety pin may cause a hole in the straps though.
>>
>>9545121

I wouldn't do lavender, the print looks purple, and lavender being possibly the most inconsistent colour in lolita, you run a high chance of getting nothing that matches each other or the dress set. Pink is a better bet if you want to go flashy. Though of course you will need to distribute it in a balanced way across the outfit, for eg - pink blouse and bag, and an extra pink bow for your hair.

I actually think a black blouse would make for a more versatile coord, it will go with practically any colour you want for the bag and shoes (if you're feeling even more flashy you can totally go for the old sweet trend of wearing mismatched pastel tea party shoes, add another colour pastel bag and throw on a few more pastel accessories).
>>
>>9545773
I think white is too bright. Your motifs seem a bit over the place - do you want crosses or stars or what? I like the idea of the star motif because I'm a sucker for galaxy/celestial prints - so keep the bag, shoes, and hairclip and rethink your legwear, blouse and jewellery. The chiffon bits on the straps will make the contrast of the light coloured blouse super obvious - sax would definitely be a better option or even a navy blouse with lighter socks/tights.

>>9545121
I love lavender and would say go or it with the star bag, but that's also my own bias. I guess because the socks in the set are quite dark the light coloured shoes could look a bit odd...
if you're going short sleeved blouse, you could get away with lavender blouse + bag and black shoes?
>>
File: coord.png (829KB, 1071x761px) Image search: [Google]
coord.png
829KB, 1071x761px
>>9475203
trying to do my first coord, any suggestions?
>>
>>9546097
If you're doing those brown shoes, you need to incorporate more brown. Headwear and maybe some sort of brooch or rosette. Your chest area is a little plain.
>>
>>9524026
Imo the corset area looks bad, you are too chubby for it since it is making a () shape there. Either get shapewear to make it look better, or try to hide your gut with black.
>>
>>9546110
Would a brown headbow look okay with brunette hair?
>>
>>9546122
Depends on the shades of brown in question. Pure brown might look weird but something like brown with cream/gold trim is probably nice, I usually use brown hair accessories with cream edging in my brown hair and I think it works.
>>
File: coord.png (1MB, 1230x706px) Image search: [Google]
coord.png
1MB, 1230x706px
How's this for a first coord? im thinking of pinning a ribbon or brooch on the neckline, since its empty, but im not sure what.
>>
>>9547567
Link to the skirt? It's gorgeous!
>>
>>9547718
Its bodyline l353, I'm liking it alot
>>
>>9547718
I had one a while back, the corset lacing is iffy. Jsyk you may be better off replacing it.
>>
Please help me figure out the headwear for this guy (sorry for the badly shooped socks I'm not experienced) for a tea party.

As for the rest of the coord: I'm planning white Mary Janes, possibly decorated with some lace, and either layering white and navy wrist cuffs or wearing navy wrist cuffs with white pearl bracelets.

For the head I'm thinking a bonnet or a big fancy headdress. I was eyeing Baby's Icing Princess bonnet in navy on Fril, but someone snatched it before me so I'm looking for new options now. Thanks in advance!
>>
>>9547803

The matching bonnet seems to be up on CC, if you want it
http://www.closetchildonlineshop.com/product/134515
>>
File: il_570xN.1205785414_hemz.jpg (58KB, 570x570px) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.1205785414_hemz.jpg
58KB, 570x570px
>>9547567

I like the idea of a bow and floral cameo pin, it's a nice way to echo the floral skirt and complements the femininity of the coord.

If you don't want to do a brooch, you could opt for a choker instead. A simple pearl choker would look nice with the round open neckline, or you could opt for a choker with a matching floral cameo on it to echo the floral theme of the outfit.
>>
>>9547567
sauce on the shoes?
>>
>>9546097
I would replace the shoes with white or sax ones, the brown is too heavy since the details on the skirt are too small. Also, get some matching headwear like an oldschool headdress preferably in bluexwhite. Also, maybe get a bow or brooch to pin on your blouse.
>>
>>9548055

thanks, but I really don't, in my opinion soft bonnets look ugly af, in the first photo you can see really well how flimsy and misshapen it is :( I dunno what could save it, tons of starching maybe? Anyways, thanks again for the link, but I'm looking for something else.
>>
>>9548134
A friend of mine clipped bows and flowers onto her head first and then put the soft bonnet on top. This was the soft bonnet gently lays ontop of the clips and looks less floppy.
>>
>>9548055

shades of navy probably wouldn't match but construction-wise something like this looks so much nicer https://lolibrary.org/items/iw-half-bonnet-headband
>>
>>9548143
that sounds like a good alternative until the wind blows on it once, and then the whole contraption is gonna flop to the other side, unless you safety pin the heck out of it. There are easier ways to bonnet
>>
>>9548156
The wind is not a huge problem though? My friend wore it to a con recently and the wind just lightly lifted it once in a while. It's not any worse than the wind messing up your hair or bangs, so I don't see the problem.
Also, like you said, you can safty pin it to one of the clips and it will not flop back.

My best friend wore one of these 'babushka' headdresses to the same con and she had a lot more troubles with it. Also, some girl with a heavy stiff bonnet had the problem of it falling down when she bowed. So I guess the only safe lolita headwear is a headbow or bow-clip.
>>
>>9548081
A choker sounds like a good idea! I really love that brooch in the pic, so I think ill do something like that. Thanks!
>>9548090
They're from cotton candy feet!
>>
>>9546097
>>9546110
>>9546122
>>9546189
If you already have brown hair that'll help to balance it without you needing a brown headbow - a pure brown headbow could just look bad on brown hair. I suggest you have a brown bag as well as brown shoes, and you could use a brown ribbon jabot at the neck of the blouse as well. I'd use a sax and white hair accessory as there'll otherwise be no blue in your top half and it might look bottom-heavy.
>>
>>9548202
That's true, I guess bonnets are just an overall uncomfortable accessory.
I still hate the look of the LS bonnet tho! If I end up getting it in a set with the dress I'll try to make it work, but I'm so not enthusiastic about it. :(

I'm looking at this guy https://egl.circlly.com/auctions/btssb-white-bonnet-5e140f63-4cd3-47b9-8336-f232a809f696 and thinking about getting it and making some temporary/detachable alterations, like a comb insert with some navy lace and roses, and navy roses above the gold bows on the "outside".
I've been meaning to invest in a white bonnet, and this might be a good time.
>>
File: holy theater2.jpg (429KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
holy theater2.jpg
429KB, 500x600px
>>9545944
>>9545899
Thanks! I guess i'm going to stick to white neutrals and constellation motifs, especially since i have other dresses with those themes. I'll probably give it a try to a navy blouse aswell, to make it look kind of liek the OP version
>>
>>9533916
This. The blouse looks like it doesn't belong. Just because it matches the other colors doesn't mean it goes with the coord.
>>
>>9494582
Hnng, that dress. Is it VM? I say go for the middle headdress. It would all look heaps better with a better quality bag.
>>
File: july coord stuff to buy 2.5.jpg (2MB, 4032x2240px) Image search: [Google]
july coord stuff to buy 2.5.jpg
2MB, 4032x2240px
forgive me for the terrible outfit pic.

so we are having an old school/malice mizer/moitie themed meet. I didn't want to shell out for a moitie main piece since i'm usually granny sweet classic and other brands do that better for cheaper. so i worked with what i have. base is a plain black gather/bustle OP with a black velvet bustier over it (that is hard to see in the pic). accessories as shown. the mood i want to go with is kind of a creepy/slightly gothic antique doll.
so anyway, i have pretty much everything picked out but the jewelry...it is giving me a huge ass headache.
i definitely need something red in the middle for balance, and i love roses and there's a rose on the choker so i figured i'll just carry that theme throughout.
my problem is i'm so used to vintage granny classic hoity toity jewelry that i'm having a hard time adapting my eye to what kind of jewelry will work for an old school outfit but still look antique. as you can see I have a zillion choices all with a slightly different feel. I want a piece that looks antique but not too mature, and edgy but not too cheap. and i also want it to be big enough to balance out the coord.

i think my first instinct is the upper cameo on the left side of the image but...i'm not sure if i should trust my instincts. any advice for me as i fall deeper into this rose scented hell?
>>
>>9551250
i think i mean slightly punk rather than slightly gothic...but idrk. i just want to be more ballsy and dark than i usually am in my granny lolita.
sage because i should sleep.
>>
>>9551250

You need to post a better image of your cord. At the moment I can barely make out whether you're wearing a dress or a two-piece, and if I hadn't been looking for "the other red" I would have completely missed the red headbow in your hair. If taking a decent selfie is difficult, maybe post a flat lay, and possibly mention whether you're going to wear a poofy petticoat or go for a flat skirt.

The red jewellery isn't going to balance out your outfit very much anyway. It's small little red dots that'll get lost against the other stuff you're wearing. If you post just your coord maybe we can give advice on how to achieve the old school Malice Mizer look instead.
>>
File: PhotoGrid_1499405359743.jpg (2MB, 2048x2560px) Image search: [Google]
PhotoGrid_1499405359743.jpg
2MB, 2048x2560px
>>9551290
Sorry, I guess mostly I wanted advice on which jewelry fit the mood I was going for best, rather than full coord concrit, but I can see how seeing the coord clearly would help either way. I don't have the bracelets, choker, or socks yet. I might layer fishnets under the socks depending on how it looks. I'm also going to get a different chain for the bag as the gold chain is too "club ho" for me.
As a disclaimer I know it isn't Perfectly malice mizer old school and I'm definitely down to hear concrit but the event is soon so I can't do any large overhauls. As long as I fit the general mood of the meet and I'm not 100% ita I'll be happy. I just want the perfect necklace lol.
>>
>>9551334

Yeah… that’s perfectly none of the moods you described. Sorry, anon, it looks like you took different elements of several different looks and mashed them together, it just looks kinda confused.

I’ll try and explain a few things, maybe you can sleep on it then come back and decide what to do/have time to do.

When Mana does fishnet tights, he’s usually going for a more gothic fetishy look. Your dress is too long for that, and the crew socks are plain confusing. So, nix the fishnet and the pleather bracelets and ditch the idea. Go for plain black socks (UTKs or OTKs, whichever you have). The ones with ruffles on top will really bring back the old school nostalgia, but even plain kneesocks are fine. Alternatively, there’s probably a mainstream store someplace near you that sells black tights, though this looks less old school. The crew socks don’t really look right with velvet and red shoes.

Instead of the pleather bracelets, a pair of lace gloves would work better. If that's not possible, simple black jewellery, or even simply painted nails (either red or black) would be better.

As I said before, adding red jewellery doesn’t really work. Instead, I’d ditch the red headbow and go with an all-black coord with just red shoes. It’s like a flipped version of the old school trend, instead of wearing black shoes with a red dress you’re wearing a black dress with red shoes. If you don’t have black headwear you can try removing the rose from the choker and wear that instead.

Once you remove the fishnet tights and the red headbow, if you still really want a red rose necklace, I’d suggest taking it off the chain and putting it on a velvet ribbon or choker. Something like pic related would go much better with the square neckline than a necklace, necklaces tend to either land in odd places on the neckline or end up shifting inside the dress half the time.

Hopefully these aren’t too many changes to make.
>>
File: 817CMBjBgVL._UX395_.jpg (15KB, 395x360px) Image search: [Google]
817CMBjBgVL._UX395_.jpg
15KB, 395x360px
>>9551399

>pic related
Sorry, maybe I need some sleep myself.
>>
File: IMG_8730.jpg (99KB, 645x629px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8730.jpg
99KB, 645x629px
I know it's too early for Halloween coordinates, but due to the fact that I take forever in recollecting certain pieces, I usually plan my OTT coordinates in advance. Do you guys think this looks good?? I might switch out some things, but they're going to be very minor things. I've had this dress since forever in my closet but I haven't worn it yet so I'm hoping I can wear it in a witch themed coord for an October event. Please give me concrit, if necessary.
>>
>>9552082
This is cute. Are you going to use those exact shoes? You can get the Melissa RHS for pretty cheap if you want something of slightly nicer quality. Also the skull bracelet(?) looks a little cheap to me, maybe switch it out for something similar but a little higher quality. I like the bat ring and necklace a lot, but you could stick to the bat theme and also do bat earrings if you wanted, not that it's a huge deal.
>>
File: HTB19a.HQFXXXXXwXpXXq6xXFXXXo.jpg (112KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
HTB19a.HQFXXXXXwXpXXq6xXFXXXo.jpg
112KB, 1000x1000px
>>9552152
Seconding bat earrings but desu earrings would just get tangled in that wig so there might be no point wearing any. I think the RHS are fine and the shiny rubber/plastic of Melissas would actively look worse, anon should stick to RHS with a pleather/leather finish like the bag.

I want to say the star clip is too sweet but the dress is pretty sweet. I'm just not sure if that particular puffy star clip would work. Maybe you could use some small clips like pic related.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/5Pcs-Bridesmaid-Gift-Gold-Wedding-Bridal-Hair-Pins-Clips-Star-Hairpins-Hairclips-HairgripSpiral-Claw-Stick-Headwear/32806796520.html
>>
>>9552152
>>9552230
Thanks anons! I'll keep the bat theme consistent with the earrings, maybe I can just wear really small ones so they won't get tangled. As for the RHS, the ones pictured are the an*tai*na ones, though I originally wanted the Bodyline ones instead, which aren't shiny either. I'll see what I find, but I would prefer matte ones.

I'll see if I can find a similar but more high quality version of the bracelet, and I actually love the suggestion of the small star clips on the hair so I'll most likely try that! I might use the moon clip more as a brooch or simply not use it at all.
>>
>>9551399
That's all good advice and so doable I could kick myself because short lace gloves and knee high lace socks were possibilities on my order list before I ordered the things in my collage. Luckily I have some longer lace gloves I can modify and it should be relatively easy to get regular black knee high, and maybe diy the lace if I have time. I do have a black headbow that isn't quite as cute as the red bow on headband I have but it may be doable. Thank you for not suggesting new shoes tho lol. Glad you realize that difficulty.

The only rebuttal I have is that my dress has a gather/bustle skirt so i was actually planning on wearing it pretty short which is why I was going for the edgy fishneet pleather fetish look. Do you think a shorter gathered up skirt would look okay with fish nets (whether it was with knee socks or by themselves) or does the overall mood not lend itself to fishnet?
>>
>>9552082
Ditch the stars ffs.
>>
>>9552082
Imo the dress is sweet and you are trying to force it to be goth, but it isn't working. Do any of your accessories even match the dress?
>>
File: IMG_8753.jpg (111KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8753.jpg
111KB, 1024x768px
>>9552791
Print may be in a way sweet, but it has a lot of gothic elements to it since it is a Halloween print. I know it's not fully shown here but the print has bats, skulls, black cats, spiders, etc. That's the reason why I'm sticking to the bat theme in my accesories. As for the stars, I added them in cause the print has small golden stars across it and the waist ties have gold in them as well, so I wanted to find a way to incorporate an accent color too. If you do have other suggestions do tell, I'd be thankful honestly!

>>9552719
Might as well do so honestly, I think they might be too sweet for the look I want to achieve desu
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (85KB, 716x960px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
85KB, 716x960px
>>9552480
I think fishnets with those shoes aren't going to work very well unless your whole coord had more of that fetishy feel to it, e.g. platform heels and more corset lacing - you are more likely to miss the boat and end up looking ita rather than old school.

>>9552082
I have no idea where you're planning to put the stars AND a witch hat in that outfit, stick to the cute witch idea otherwise you're going to lose yourself in mismatched accessories. With those sleeves I'd lose the skull bracelet which is likely hardly going to be seen anyway and repeat the spiderweb motif in black. I like the pop of dark red on that dress, did you think about the swimmer bat bag instead of the AP one? It has a red bow which kinda mimics your print motifs but that might be too bright for the dress.
>>
>>9552791
>>9552823
None of those accessories are goth. They might have spooky themes but they're all sweet styled.

Ditch the stars, skull bracelet and cobweb earrings, they're all tacky. Those tights don't look very opaque so they might look odd when they're on- consider going for black or dark striped OTKs instead.
The witch hat is cute but as it's velvet, it might look a little weird if there's no velvet elsewhere on your coord to compliment it.

I like RHS and they'll probably be cute here, but if you're gonna stick with the witches hat consider swapping to velvet boots or flatforms or something similiar. They'll fit the 'witchy' theme better.
I'd also reccomend incorporating a gold ring or two to help balance out the slight gold accents you already have. Good luck!
>>
>>9552480

Actually I noticed the bustle strings -- but these kinds of bustles only shorten the skirt at the 4 or 6 points where they're placed, and they basically gather the skirt together vertically. If all you do is use the drawstring bustle you basically have a lumpy uneven balloon-shaped skirt, even if it's shorter. You need an underskirt, and a very poofy petti to wear the skirt bustled up nicely, so you don't end up looking like you're wearing a lumpy garbage bag.

The other anon put it quite nicely, there's not enough fetish elements in your outfit for the fishnets. The velvet bodice and the rocking horse shoes really seem more classy and old school, which is why I suggested ditching the fetish goth idea entirely. The only way I can think of to immediately take the outfit towards fetish is to change out the rocking horse shoes for stripper platform boots, and then maybe the garbage bag skirt look would fit right in.
>>
>>9552082
>>9552473

I think the witch hat with the star on the end is cute. Wanted to suggest that as well as opting for smaller stars in your hair, you could also opt to pin stars to your hat as well, if you can't figure out where to pin them in your hair.

The tights don't really seem to go with the blouse. I think you need to choose, either go for sheer blouse + sheer tights + heeled pumps, or go for opaque blouse + opaque legwear + rocking horse shoes. There's something about the opacity of the blouse and the chunkyness of the rocking horse shoes that doesn't go well with how sheer the tights is and how much they look like tattoo tights.

I'd ditch the skull bracelet too, because it's both cheap-looking and kinda too goth for the outfit. If you're handy, maybe you can try adding something like a red striped ribbon to bring it back to the sweet witch idea.

Antaina is perfectly fine imo. I would suggest staying away from the Melissa shoes, someone said they're actually really hard to walk in.
>>
File: IMG_8765.jpg (111KB, 640x437px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8765.jpg
111KB, 640x437px
>>9552828
I was thinking of using the star clips brooched onto the dress instead, though I might get rid of them. Same with the bracelet. As for the bag, the swimmer one is cute but I do think that red is too bright for the dress.

>>9552854
>>9552872
I can switch out the tights for some opaque black OTKs I own, not sure if it'll take away from the OTT-ness of the coord though. If there are some printed OTKs that will go well with this do let me know, I commonly see BtSSB diamond OTKs and striped OTKs in witch lolita but since this dress has a lot of stripes I'm not sure if it'll clash. I've never thought of balancing opaque and sheerness with blouses and tights so I'm glad you gave me that helpful tip for this and future coordinates! I'm not sure if I'll be using the blouse pictured but I do want a black one with princess sleeves. The hat pictured isn't velvet though, it's corduroy. I picked RHS as the shoes cause I took inspo from two different witch coordinates where they wore RHS with the look and instantly fell in love with the idea (pic related). I think that's pretty much the look I'm aiming for.
>>
>>9552854
I absolutely wouldn't use velvet boots/flatforms, they'll come off as too modern and won't look witchy either. If you wanted to incorporate velvet you could use black velvet hair ribbons or a small black velvet neck ribbon, like a jabot.

>>9552872
Seconding this anon's shoe/bracelet advice. I have a few different brands of RHS and I actually find my Bodyline ones easiest to walk in if your size is in stock, the foam platform makes them light and comfortable.

>>9553044
The RHS straps will help to add detail to your leg area, and could actually conflict with printed tights. Of course, it'll be black-on-black detail, so it might look good IRL but barely show up on camera. If you stick with the An*Tai*Na shoes using ribbon lacing instead of having pleather straps, you could swap out the RHS ribbons for velvet as well as a textural detail. Even if your hat is corduroy, it might look matching from a distance.
>>
File: 1499032846766.jpg (178KB, 734x1049px) Image search: [Google]
1499032846766.jpg
178KB, 734x1049px
>>9552480
If you're doing Mana style I would suggest OTKs/thigh highs rather than knee-high socks, since Mana rarely used knee-highs. Those you used fishnets are inappropriate regardless because the fishnets that showed up in oldschool and with Mana were usually narrow-gauge fishnets and not wide-gauge ones, which come off as much more modern/edgy. If you were dead set on fishnets you could layer narrow-gauge ones or fishnet lace tights under OTK socks, it should show a thin strip if you get some poof in your petti. I'd suggest either only bustling the top layer at the back or not bustling the skirt at all.

Narrow-gauge fishnets were used in oldschool classic a lot and are not always fetishy - pic related. If I guess correctly you've got an old VM bustier on in your pic so you could look to old VM stylings for inspo?

I kind of like >>9551399's suggestion of using the RHS alone as a pop of colour without using a hair accessory, but I do think you should have at least one piece of jewellery. Plain velvet chokers like >>9551400 were not really seen in oldschool and necklaces were much more commonly-seen. the long beaded chain necklace near top right would be absolutely perfect, as Moitie has used chains like that a LOT in necklaces before:
http://moi-meme-moitie.shop-pro.jp/?pid=67374466
(you can find a few more examples by Google Imaging "moitie necklace")

I also think that heart bag just flat-out doesn't match the coord or suit oldschool at all, but it'll have to do if you don't have another bag. Honestly if you have a very plain normie bag it might suit the oldschool aesthetic better, oldschool gothic often used plain bags from Vivienne Westwood, John Paul Gaultier or no brand at all.

>t. oldschoolfag
>>
File: GLB_VOL_6 (17).jpg (123KB, 732x1049px) Image search: [Google]
GLB_VOL_6 (17).jpg
123KB, 732x1049px
>>9553184
Another short-sleeved VM coord with a lace choker and narrow-gauge black fishnets.
>>
File: GLB_VOL_8 (12).jpg (76KB, 686x1000px) Image search: [Google]
GLB_VOL_8 (12).jpg
76KB, 686x1000px
>>9553201
Moitie use fishnets here too in a coordinate that isn't ero at all.
>>
>>9553206
>>9553201
>>9553184
>>9552861
>>9552828
Thanks gulls! I got a pair of black socks and a pair of small gauge fishnets to experiment with. The dress is too long to do the peeking fishnet thing like you suggested but seeing those examples gave me confidence to maaaayybe do them on their own. I can always bring the socks with me to change into if I feel too hookerish lol

I'll probably order that necklace soon too, it was one of my favorites and I love that it comes with earrings.

I still haven't decided if I want to switch to the black headbow, I'm worried that a red necklace and red shoes with no other red will look even more unbalanced. I also picked up some fake red roses today so I was thinking I'd pin them at my waist or put them on my bag or something.

And yes I'm not thrilled with the bag either. My nice black normie bag broke recently though so it will have to do.
>>
File: dreamholic.jpg (78KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
dreamholic.jpg
78KB, 720x720px
Is the dreeamholic wig color "steel grey" actually grey? They filter the fuck out of their pictures, the fb album is incomplete, and their instagram is a mess. I can't tell. I'm looking for a mid-value ash brown or blonde.... Dark Linen looks promising too.
>>
>>9553699

Nevermind, found an in-depth review. It's ash brown/blonde.

http://vocalief.blogspot.com/2015/12/dream-holic-review-1.html For anyone else wondering.
>>
>>9553595
Oldschool didn't bother about distributing colours throughout like modern lolita did, they treated black and white as neutrals that go with everything. Maybe leave the bag out for photos. Depending on your hairstyle the earrings could bring enough colour up to your face if you were dead set on having some in the hair. Clipped-on red roses might also look out of place.
>>
>>9553147
Thank you so much!! I'll see what shoes to get, I like the idea of the an*tai*na ones and the velvet straps but I do prefer the slimmer look of the Bodyline ones. On top of that I'll be on my feet the whole day in that event, so I would prefer the most comfortable option for RHS. The dress has a velvet bow so that might help balance out the corduroy in the hat as well :)
>>
>>9554550
I think An*Tai*Na's have a more padded insole than Bodyline, from what I've heard, but I still find my BL ones fine. If you can go a size up and put a thin insole in they should be good, but it might be hard to find room since they're so narrow and most people already have to size up anyway.
>>
>>9553699
I own one in steel grey and it looks around the same colour as the picture, the colour doesnt really suit me so I could sell you it if you're interested its the himi migi style.
>>
>>9554983

Yeah sure, mail me?
>>
File: IMG_1733.jpg (144KB, 750x789px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1733.jpg
144KB, 750x789px
So I just got this dress and I'm at a bit of a loss on how to coord. I know I want to use a nice white blouse with it but I'm at a lose for everything else.

I was thinking about trying to pull out that nice baby blue more by having that be my shoe color and maybe a beret? I wanna include a beret somehow because I'm going to see a felt babushka cat on it to match the print. Ideas?
>>
>>9556682

I think this would be cute with a bunch of grey and silver
>>
File: 6128723047_9858e65769.jpg (68KB, 232x313px) Image search: [Google]
6128723047_9858e65769.jpg
68KB, 232x313px
What style blouse is best for coordinating with dresses with cross straps on the collar like pic related.

I acquired a jsk with a collar like this and can't tell if I need a high neck blouse or if other styles of collar could work too. I'm having trouble finding example photos for coord inspo
>>
>>9558196
I generally like that style best with a cardigan, if you're going to use the neck ties.

Otherwise, wear your blouse of choice and tuck the ties into the front of the bodice.
>>
>>9558196
You can use a square-necked blouse with a lot of cross strap JSKs (its what I do with most of mine) but the neckline of that JSK looks to be a bit too high, so detailing from a blouse wouldn't show at the neck. You can also use a bolero or use a peter pan collar and just cross the ties underneath the collar and around the neck so they barely show.
>>
>>9558196
Peter pan and tuck the straps under the collar.

>>9556682
That blue looks a lot more dusty and less like your regular pastel sax colour, might be hard to match - that being said, a very and shoes that pick up that colour would probably go nicely. I agree with the anon that also said silver/grey
>>
File: strawberrywitch.jpg (145KB, 600x903px) Image search: [Google]
strawberrywitch.jpg
145KB, 600x903px
Is this dress worth getting? I saw a listing for it and I really like how it looks, but have any other gulls purchased it? I'm scared that it will look cheap and costume-y irl.
>>
>>9561938
It looks good irl, but I'd suggest taking off some of the bows.
>>
I'm going to DMC in August and as AP is guesting I want to put together my most OTT coord yet. I know I'm wearing my Magical Etoile Apron skirt in pink and I'm planning in wearing lavender/purple accessories, would this cutsew go with it or not?

I like the chiffon sleeves and the fact it's a cutsew because it'll probably be really ho travelling, but I'm not sure whether the high collar and the weird separation between the body and sleeves will look weird with apron straps. The bow tie part is detachable so i can remove it. Just, overall, do you think it would look good with an OTT Sweet coord with an apron skirt?
>>
>>9562837
This is how it looks without the bow tie part, for reference. I'll probably be wearing it with JSKs after this as well, if that makes it not worth buying for reuse value.
>>
File: PaintDotNet_2017-07-20_01-03-42.png (347KB, 732x407px) Image search: [Google]
PaintDotNet_2017-07-20_01-03-42.png
347KB, 732x407px
>>9562837
I personally don't see a cutsew working in an OTT coord, but it's hard to say anything without knowing the rest of your coord

>pic related
how do I un-shoehorn the black? do I not care and say it's oldschool inspired? also would like some tips on poss accessories, I'm coming up with very little since I'm thinking about flight attendant uniform styling...
(to clarify, I have the shoes pictured in black, NOT pink)
>>
>>9567255
use a black bag

wa la
>>
File: wtf am i doing.jpg (266KB, 1283x801px) Image search: [Google]
wtf am i doing.jpg
266KB, 1283x801px
I am a cosplayer and I have never done Lolita before. I was thinking of trying it out but I'm not ready to go balls deep and get something crazy expensive yet. I was thinking of putting something together for this dress but I am worried that I am making it too costumey or something.
For the bag I like the idea of the star or moon shaped because it has a certain whimsy to it but I know that can come off as ita sometimes. For the head piece I am lost. I think the bow would look better with a cartoony purse but the bonnet with the black one? And I was wondering if the wrist cuffs would be too much with the sleeves.
I was thinking of going with an ashy grey medium length wig. For stockings I wasn't sure if it would be better to go with black and gold striped or some of those starry ombre tights.
Maybe I am overthinking this. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
>>
>>9567606
Looking good for your first time anon! I would go with the star bag personally but if the gold on the moon one matches that's good, as is the other one. It wouldn't be ita. I agree with your analysis on the bow and the bonnet but bows are always a safe choice, like the one bottom left. You could even use a plain black one to keep it from getting too busy but either way is fine. Those wristcuffs are cute. I think the only way to know if they were too much would be to try them.

The wig sounds fine, what brand were you thinking? I would do a slightly curly hair with bangs either straight across or side parted, for the style.

For tights/stockings stripes might look a little odd. Wide vertical stripes are better than thin narrow ones. The best option might be white with black stars because it will break up the black, or even a plain old semisheer black tight.

What about shoes? You can either go the teaparty shoes look or the more classic style. I think a nice lady oxford or cutesy pump would go well, in gold or black.

A few choice accessories would tie the look together, such as a small necklace with a little constellation or star, earrings, nails, etc. it doesn't have to be fancy but make sure every bit is "on point"
>>
File: tumblr_n5lhfmXoUY1r67csqo1_1280.gif (326KB, 792x576px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n5lhfmXoUY1r67csqo1_1280.gif
326KB, 792x576px
>>9562839
>>9562839

We need another word for OTT pastel sweet, I read your description thrice before figuring out that you mean you're going for 2011-era pastel sweet rather than current-era OTT sweet.

I think the cutsew is fine for the apron skirt. Not the best thing ever, but it shouldn't be too bad. The problem is just that lace portion around the shoulders are going to end up under the shoulder straps on most jsks (and under the apron straps, too), but most jsks have frilly shoulder straps that will take away attention from this part, so it should look okay with *most jsks.

With the Magical Etoile apron skirt, if you keep the neckbow on and throw on a chunky AP necklace, less attention will be on the straps going across the lace, and the bib will cover the front anyway, so again that should be all right enough to work.

>>9567255

If you have to wear black shoes, I'd suggest just leaving them as a pop of colour and doing the rest of the outfit in matching pink x white.

But honestly I don't really think that pair of shoes work well. There's something about the white "lace" and super sweet bows that doesn't work all that well with a streamlined uniform lolita dress. If the shoes matched your outfit it wouldn't be so obvious, but doing contrasting colours seems to take it straight into clashing substyles territory.
>>
>>9567606

The star and moon bags have a rep for being "inspired by AP", the moon bag in particular was labeled a "sad attempt" to not-copy the melty moon bag. This won't actually matter irl, no one's going to pick a fight with you in their burando, it's just extra info in case things like these matter to you. The star bag is slightly more accepted since it's a common shape. The V-castle bag looks like the Cosmic bag but really no one cares about that one.

All 3 of the headwear goes fine with all three bags, imo. The headbow with the gold trim on the edges of the bow probably work better with the gold bags because of the extra gold, that’s about it. Lolita is pretty disconnected from historical fashion, the dress itself is pretty sweet, and the bonnet isn’t particularly classical, so pairing the bonnet with either of the “cartoon” bags still looks pretty sweet and cute.

Most beginners have more problems moving around with a bonnet, so a headbow is probably better. You’ve probably worn heavier things on your head for cosplay, but at a lolita meet you’re not really expected to take off bonnets or wigs when you sit down to eat.

If you don’t mind being solid black, I’d go with black tights and shoes. If you do mind that, go for white lace tights. You can try ombre tights and see if it works, the ones I’ve tried tend to go a little blue or grey in the ombre section, which is going to look out of place on this coord since it’s pretty exclusively black and gold.

If you do need a wig instead of using natural hair, it’s recommended that you choose a natural colour. I think if your skintone looks better with grey hair, you should just go for grey anyway. On the other hand, I think it should be noted that most of the model photos for this set uses warm-toned colours — even their near-black looks more like a very dark brown. A grey wig might be too much monochrome.

Gotta say it’s a good move sticking to items made from the same fabric. Kudos.
>>
>>9562837
I don't think it's the best choice of cutsew for the apron skirt because the lace detail will sit weirdly under the straps and the bow will obscure half the apron front. Personally I think a peter pan collar shirt will suit your outfit more. The cutsew seems oddly elegant for an apron skirt as well.
>>
>>9567909
>>9567712
>>9567255

Thank you for your help guys, your advice is really appreciated! Especially thank you >>9567712 for the example picture, that gave me a whole load of ideas!

Would pic related look better? I really liked the sailor vibe, and the collar gives some nice detail, or do you think the collar is too big?
>>
I just got my first OP and I am in love. I really want to do something fortune teller inspired for a Halloween meet. It seems early but I'm bored this summer so why not. But I am at a loss for how to begin without looking tacky and cheap, especially with VM.
>>
>>9567917

It looks like the collar might be long enough to cover the top of the heart, so it's less obvious that the bib is heart-shaped. I guess you have to decide if that's something that bothers you. Other than that, I think it's pretty cute, much better than the other blouse.

>>9567977

I'm having trouble even picturing an elegant fortune teller. Maybe you could opt for just one gold chain around your hips, sharp pointy shoes, and then carry both a tarot deck and a crystal ball around? I'm stopping short of suggesting a turban or head chain of some sort...
>>
>>9568115
I don't think a turban will go over well in my comm lol but I see what you're suggesting. I like a headchain idea, maybe some fluevog-esque shoes. I really want to avoid being obvious and pulling a witch coordinate like 60 other people.
>flashback to CoF post halloween.
>>
>>9567977
BTW the shoulders confuse me a bit, should I wear a blouse or no? It's almost like chiffon style epaulets
>>
>>9568166
you can wear a blouse that has off shoulder capability so it isn't too bulky/hot under the collar for you. or this is the perfect main to pair with opera-length gloves! but I guess it depends on your upper body. if you try it on and feel like your underarms are concealed nicely then the cap sleeves work for you going blouseless. a thin shawl or bolero can also be nice!
>>
>>9568174
Maybe a beaded fringe shawl could add to the fortune teller vibe? I'd love to wear gloves with this dress. Thank you!
>>
These are my dresses, looking to fill out my wardrobe with accessories and would love some guidance. Particularly wanting to get legwear and headwear, but jewelry suggestions are welcome too. I feel like aside from the dark red dress all the colors are similar enough that I could get away with mixing accessories between them. Or am I barking up the wrong tree there? All my blouses are white.
>>
>>9568331
The first thing I'd suggest you do is get some blouses that are not white. Your JSKs look predominantly ivory-based and whitexivory isn't something you should be trying to pull off if you're asking for general accessory advice in the coord help thread.
>>
just got all the pieces of my new coord and.. the whites don't match. It's not the worst, but its like, new vs old lace. I don't have any blouses that match, except ones that it's far too hot for. Should I just wear it anyways?
>>
>>9568703
Try bleaching out the lace if it's cotton? That could be risky tho, how glaring is the difference
>>
File: 17-07-20-23-28-36-093_deco.jpg (2MB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
17-07-20-23-28-36-093_deco.jpg
2MB, 1920x2560px
>>9568734
I don't really want to bleach it, bc the yellowed lace is on a black jsk. I put both with and without flash bc the difference is somewhere between the two irl.
>>
Anyone has any good examples of this Bodyline dress styled in a casual coordinate or old school? I have this OP in black and I want to use it for uni in a casual way but I have no idea how to style it up. Also I thought it could also work in old school since I'm getting into that style but I need another lolita's judgement. Thanks!
>>
File: download (1).jpg (7KB, 192x256px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
7KB, 192x256px
>>9568813

Imagine my surprise when I bought btssb's gingham rose and ribbon and realised that the OP itself mixed ivory and white -- the detachable sleeves are white while the lace on the dress itself has ivory lace.

I think it's doable to mix ivory and white lace, you just gotta treat the ivory as a seperate colour, ie- think of it as very light yellow and not "nearly white". So your dress (and headdress, I presume) is black with light yellow lace, your blouse is white, you should add white legwear to balance it out, and black shoes. Or something like that.
>>
File: tumblr_m85xtuGrlF1rncclqo2_400.jpg (37KB, 293x551px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m85xtuGrlF1rncclqo2_400.jpg
37KB, 293x551px
>>9568818

Sorry anon, that dress is easier to style up than style down. That tiered skirt never really looks right without a petticoat, so the poof and the amount of lace and detailing pretty much takes it out of "casual" category. Doesn't mean you can't still wear it for uni, but embrace its status as the dress you wear when you want to feel like a frilly cupcake cutie (and when you have enough space to wear a petticoat all day), and not something you wear when you don't feel like makeup, or when you want to blend in with the normies.

So far as old school goes, some anons in the old school thread are insisting that anything with tulle lace on it can never be old school. You can still copy old school styling, though -- add kneesocks with ruffles on top, chunky shoes, a rectangle headdress and call it "oldschool-inspired" instead of oldschool.
>>
>>9567324
I don't own one, and it's 'voila', but thanks I guess?

>>9567712
thanks anon, I get what you mean totally but I was hoping I wouldn't have to get another pair of shoes/if someone had any suggestions to fix my awkward feelings about it. guess that's not happening, though.

do you think white shoes would work instead? I'd rather not spring for a pink pair since I generally wear darker toned classic and military, but a white pair could probably match with a few other things I own
>>
>>9569090

Yes, white shoes would work pretty well actually.
>>
File: Take 2.png (2MB, 1519x833px) Image search: [Google]
Take 2.png
2MB, 1519x833px
>>9567631
>>9567730
Thanks so much! Your input is really helpful.
I think I will go with a bow and the star bag then. For the stockings, I was thinking vertical stripes rather than horizontal but that would probably make my legs look chubby. I think the plain black might be best for a start.
For the shoes, I have a pair of lace up heels that I think might work. They are fairly plain so they should be okay. I was thinking of maybe getting some rolled gold chiffon for laces just to tie them in with everything else. And I will definitely go and look for some cute constellation jewelry to go with everything.
I have fairly short hair so I think I have to go with a wig. I am thinking that the darker of the three would match better (they are from wigafashion).
I don't have a petti yet and I am kind of lost on what kind would work best with the dress. Should I get a 60cm or a 40 cm one? And should I try to get a black one or is white fine?
Thank you so much for all your help. I really appreciate it!
>>
>>9569375
nayrt but I really love the headbow in the same fabric with the little gold stars on the ends. I think its more tasteful and its simplicity would bring more attention to your OP. The wristcuffs in >>9567606 are perfect, the bag is adorable.

Your shoes are not very sweet for how sweet the OP and accessories are. The gold shoelaces might it all together a lot better than what I'm imagining so I'd have to see it, though. Also unsure about the wig because of the color and style, but again, I feel like I'd need to see the whole coord together.

Really hoping you find some very cute gold constellation jewelry. Some yellow-gold star earrings would be stellar!

Last thing, please keep the leggings to a plain black with no pattern. Anything more will look way too busy with the print.

Please continue posting your progress, this coord is darling and I am really looking forward to your finished outfit.
>>
File: rulebreaking.jpg (105KB, 500x781px) Image search: [Google]
rulebreaking.jpg
105KB, 500x781px
Rulebreaking thread has me thinking about breaking the rules and experimenting a little. Super hot state in summertime, and my legs look cuter with real heels, what do you think?
>>
>>9571534
looks really cute! i'd even go as far and wear frilly ankle socks if it's very hot.
>>
>>9568964
The dress looks pretty awkward without a good petti, so you're right on that. I have more casual things but they're brand and I want to test the waters with Bodyline first before risking ruining my brand pieces. Other than this dress, I have another Bodyline OP but that one is more flashy than this one. I think I still might wear it but taking what you said into consideration I might as well just do a simple coordinate instead of aiming for casual.

I'm aware of tulle lace being looked down on in old school, but I thought I could get away with it considering it isn't very noticeable in the black version of the dress. I might try and coordinate it in some old school way and see the outcome. Thanks anon!
>>
File: lolitaprime.jpg (17KB, 300x224px) Image search: [Google]
lolitaprime.jpg
17KB, 300x224px
I need a new blouse to match an old school jsk I've bought recently. When anons say that "lace should match" in old school, do they mean the type of lace (eg. cluny with cluny, eyelet with eyelet), or that the PATTERN of the lace should be the same on both pieces?
>>
>>9571561
recommendation on who carries good ankle
socks?
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 95

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.