[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Buying contact lenses, I'm not sure what websites I can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 5

File: images.jpg (8KB, 305x165px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 305x165px
Buying contact lenses, I'm not sure what websites I can trust with putting my stuff in my eyes.

I've been recommended Pinky Paradise and You Know It, but I thought I'd ask /cgl/ for suggestions with personal reviews or anything like that.
>>
Geo has there own international website, and Uniqso is a lot cheaper than Pinky Paradise. Just make sure you stay with the well known, good brands. Unkown Korean brands might cause eye damage.
>>
>>9471665
What are the well known brands? I'm looking through Uniqso right now and I'm considering buying from them.
>>
>>9471633
I've had good experiences with HoneyColor too, and they tend to have big sales and free shipping promotions pretty often

>>9471682
Geo, Vassen, EOS, Dolly Eye, Super Pinky (have used and liked all of these) and I've heard good things about Beaucon too
>>
anyone know what brand is the shiniest and strongest colored with lots of enlargening and NO black circles?

super pinkies were average.
bambi queen greens looked amazing but i dont like the black circle outside.

super fairy crystal series were insane the pink color was so radiant and strong even the darkest eyes would show light pink.

im kind of wondering if i should just get the fairy series for gray and violet.

why do they fucking put black borders on the contact lenses anyway
>>
>>9471633
>I'm not sure what websites I can trust with putting my stuff in my eyes.

Uniqso and Honeycolor are now the most common, since PP doesn't ship to the west anymore. Both sites are cheap and ship fast - Honeycolor has regular sales and Uniqso always has coupons on sites like retailmenot.

I would never recommend You Know It. I know too many people who've gotten poor quality lenses from there.
>>
Are there any Halloween type contacts that anyone would recommend? I'm looking for cats eye, werewolf, or possibly elven eye styles.
>>
>>9471765
It's called a limbal ring and it makes your eyes more attractive, according to studies. The limbal ring also helps with the enlargening effect. EOS bubble has no limbal ring and is pretty bright but is 14.8mm, if you want 15mm, you'll have to look for something else
>>
>>9471841
Correction, Pinky doesn't ship to the US. They still ship to Canada just fine.

Bit of a nitpick but just wanted to point that out.
>>
>>9471633
I order from Eyecandy's and I have never had a problem, although I've read some negative reviews about their shipping times taking too long.

I usually order the dailies from two Japanese brands (Lilmoon & Lucia) on their site and they are always authentic. Shipping takes about 2-3 weeks and it's free. They have a diverse range of lenses.
>>
contactlenshouse is ghetto looking as all fuck but i've bought their lenses a few times when they had 10$/pair sales and never had a problem.

Solutionlens is also ghetto looking and cheap with 10$/pair of plano only lenses but has great reviews both online and from my friends.

Has anyone tried ordering from alice and rabbit? I'm in love with their lenses but the prescription selection is so limited..
>>
>>9472207
>Alice and Rabbit
>Click on "cosplay lens"
>Just looks like Dolly Eye lenses re-branded with different color names
>Other lenses also look like popular brands without the brand name listed

Why would you ever order from here...?
>>
>>9472459
They seem to show up much more vibrantly in pictures than any other lenses I've bought but looking again closely, that's proobably just be because they're shifting the coloured part to eye white on purpose. Welp.

Any recommendations for super vibrant coloured lenses that don't look dead and flat like pic related? With a nice pupil gradient or a better blended limbal ring but still a really light colour like the grey and pink here.
>>
Not OP, but I wear daily lenses because I had a reaction to monthly/weekly lenses. Like, my entire eyeball was red and inflamed and I used medicated eyedrops for a few weeks. Should I just stay away from circle lenses? I'm too embarrassed to ask my eye doctor about trying colored lenses.
>>
File: 080.jpg (122KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
080.jpg
122KB, 480x640px
While this thread exists, anyone know a reliable source to buy "Beaucon Vibrant Match Blue" from or something similar at Honey Color/Lens Village? Pic related is it on my dark brown eyes and I liked how comfortable they were.

Also preferably some place that ships within a week?
>>
>>9473533
Just pay for the expensive express shipping that pretty much every site offers and order a month in advance next time
>>
>>9473538
>Just pay for the expensive express shipping
That's part of what I meant. I suppose I could have worded it as "preferably some place that can get it to me within a week."
>>
Finally a thread not just about circle lens. Does anyone know colored contacts for dark eyes; not circle or very minimally enlarging that actually look pretty real?
>>
>>9473596
Uh you realise you didnt have to wait for this thread to ask, the title of a thread isnt a law youll be slaughtered for not following to the t
>>
Sorry in advance for dumb question.

Honeycolor asks for a doctor's name/telephone number when ordering lenses in the U.S. I submitted my order fine without it (don't have a contact lense prescription anyway). Is it fine like that or will it be a problem down the line?
>>
File: 1367793790745.png (137KB, 284x433px) Image search: [Google]
1367793790745.png
137KB, 284x433px
>>9474032
>Is it fine like that or will it be a problem down the line?
I just placed an order as well. If I receive an error message within the next few days (paid for express shipping) then I'll post it here. I don't see why you would need a prescription letter if you're ordering plano anyway.

>tfw your favorote eye drops are sold out
>>
>>9473851
Considering how people acted when daily lolita pictures were posted in the COF thread, Idk anymore.
>>
>>9474032
Ohmykitty does this too, they didn't a couple months ago.

Does anyone know if orders get canceled if the doctors info isn't submitted?
>>
>>9474032
>>9475138
I think it's random. I know people who have placed an order just fine but I also know someone whose order was canceled. It's like TSA - going through the motions occasionally covers your ass.
>>
>>9475138
>>9475240
I'll update if I figure out for sure, then. Really hope it goes through without incident.
>>
>>9475489
mine went through and I left it blank.
>>
>>9475496
Did they actually ship?
>>
I noticed ZenMarket is advertising contacts in the "Zenmarketplace" section of their site. Does this mean they will buy lenses for you? There's some from Don Quijote/donkihote that I like
>>
>>9474032
I think thats only if you're not ordering 0.00s. I ordered 6pairs and left it blank and i received mine yesterday.
>>
>>9476878
Aw shizz. I put in my prescription because I was like "cool, they have that option?"

Two days and still nothing about cancellation so I'm crossing my fingers.
>>
>>9476881
Yeah. I did mine last week on a Friday in est and they didn't start processing until like late monday and that was Express.
>>
>>9473588
honeycolor's usually pretty fast, just go with them and get the express shipping
>>
>>9477428
Yeah, I ordered mine the 11 and they're slated to get here the 18, so about a week.

They also have a bogo deal going on right now so I feel like it's worth it anyway.
>>
>>9479344
I just got mine this morning, let them soak. Maybe I'll post a review for others as a reference. I got 2 different blue eyes (one was free) but I'm awful at putting lenses in.

>order from HC
>have more lens cases than you will ever need
>>
>>9471633
DON'T BUY CONTACTS UNTIL YOU'VE GOTTEN THE OK FROM AN OPTOMETRIST WITH YOUR EYE MEASUREMENTS (DIA & BC)
>>
>>9474032
You need a valid prescription to buy contacts in the USA, as they are considered medical items. Stores that do not require one for US buyers are illegally selling them.
>>
>>9483821
So I recently went to my optometrist and got my prescription printed but it was from 2 years ago and has a big "EXPIRED" on the top of it. The website I want to order from requires the prescription so do you think that'll matter or do you think I should just shoop it out?
>>
>>9484624
you should get your prescription updated every two years fampai
>>
>>9483817
Duh.
>>9484624
You should really get your perscription updated but if you are really In a hurry uniqso and candylens don't ask for a doctor perscription
>>
>>9484650
>>9484968
Thanks for the concerns, but I already ordered them since its getting so close to my con. But I WILL bring them to my optometrist and I'll wait for the okay from them.
>>
>>9473533
Completely off topic but you are gorgeous, pls come back to the gyaru thread and try the style out!
>>
>>9486776
Thank you, and very likely soon seeing as how less of my budget will go to paying for school.
>>
>>9472483
Super Pinky lenses are my current fave.
>>
File: 088.jpg (127KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
088.jpg
127KB, 480x640px
Bleh my face looks hueg.

https://www.honeycolor.com/dollyeye-blue

This is the Dolly Eye Blue and I couldn't actually wear them. They were too big. When I put them in, there was an air bubble and they were surprisingly comfortable. But the bubble worried me so I took them out. Put them back in another day but I found it impossible not to get particles inside and get the huge things on. So there goes that.

Another comparison with my natural eyes for color context. Bathroom lighting isn't that great and I'll likely never invest in those fancy white/bright bulbs.
>>
>>9487044

theyre too fuckin subtle.

bambi queens are 10x better or the super fairy series
>>
Bought some from HoneyColor. Originally tried Uniqso, but they took my order without even asking for a script, so it seemed really fishy.

I mean, it seems really fishy to sell someone -7.5 prescription lenses without even checking first. And the $5 "restocking fee" to cancel your order even if they never left the shelf seems really weird too
>>
>>9493465
You must be new to ordering Asian lenses. None of these sites used to require a script until recently.
>>
>>9493483
yeah, pretty new to it. Still doesn't sit right, especially since US law says they have to at least ask. Makes me think it's a little shady and that the lenses will fuck up my eyes
>>
>>9493502
>"US law says"
>None of these companies are in the USA

???
>>
>>9493508
sorry that I don't want to risk my eyesight on a company that runs their Customer service through facebook and logistics through paypal.
>>
feels good being the same eye color as your cosplay famalam
>>
>>9493519
Order from wherever you want, nobody here cares. But stop with the hyperbole when you clearly have no idea what you're talking about and have said as much. If your criteria for a "legit" company is that they can't use Facebook or Paypal, you're going to have a pretty tough time buying things online from now on.
>>
>>9493525
you seem to care quite a bit
and yes, I would consider buying anything that is prescription from a place that has the same customer service and logistics platforms as Etsy to be sketchy as hell.
>>
>>9493519
Maybe I'm weird but I'd rather order from a company that uses Facebook. I always get a faster response when I ask through there.
>>
the character im cosplaying has specific eyes and most of the companies who sell them are china based and im sort of afraid to get them as i already have problems in one of my eyes. is does good makeup and wig make up for no contacts ?
>>
>>9493538
unless people are looking to nitpick, then no
if you want to cosplay without them no one is gonna call you out on it or get mad
>>
>>9493538
IMO contacts are a bonus since not everyone can wear them - it's not the same thing as not having a wig. Can you get lenses in the right color but not that exact style?

>>9493527
>the same customer service and logistics platforms as Etsy
What does this even mean?
>>
>>9493543
anyone can wear planos, but most people without prescriptions have no idea how to put them in or take care of them
maybe that's what you're trying to get at

>>9493538
specific eyes as in color or pattern?
if you can't get the pattern, just get some in that character's color
>>
>>9493465
>>9493502
Honeycolor doesn't actually verify most prescriptions. A few anons upthread said they ordered planos with no prescription with no problems.
>>
>>9493556
you don't need a prescription for planos, there's nothing to verify
if you read my post, I have a fairly high prescription, so ideally, someone should double check so the person buying doesn't over-correct their eyes and fuck them up for good
>>
>>9493548
Diff anon, but your comment reminded me of an important point...

Just because people 'can' wear planos doesn't mean they are able to. I have plenty of anecdotal experiences that comes to mind.

Also part of the reason I carry around saline eye drops because cosplayers forget to keep their eyes wet while wearing them. Wish more people were aware that some medications, drinking, and being dehydrated can mess with your eyesight/lenses.
>>
>>9493548
I think "can" means you have to have the ability to put them in your eye in the first place

I just can't do it. I have problems with just eyedrops
>>
>>9493558
That's not actually how online verification works, even in the USA. The form is there for liability reasons so that they can say that they conformed to the law, not because the company is trying to protect you from typing in the wrong numbers. If you order from 1-800 contacts or whatever, they will push your order through anyway even if your optometrist doesn't respond within a day or two. I've placed several orders like this where they got no reply from my eye doctor and they sent me my lenses anyway without verifying the script.
>>
>>9493465
I've ordered from Uniqso lots of times and never had a problem. I thought they were one of the bigger circle lens websites.
>>
>>9473533
seconding the other anon because gurl, you're beautiful.
Pay express shipping from Honey Color that's your best bet desu
>>
i have a horrible prescription and so circle lenses aren't an option for me. solotica lenses are available in my prescription but are there any trustworthy online sellers of them?
>>
I've used HONEY COLOR in the past. The price is reasonable, the colors are vibrant, and they have prescription lenses available.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.