[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wishlist Woes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

Does anyone else have a really miserable time with figuring out their wishlist? I find myself never being able to narrow it to much less than 100, even when I'm sacrificing shit I'm in love with for the sake of lowering the numbers. I guess I'm just going to end up one of those girls getting crushed to death by a brand avalanche by the time I'm content with my wardrobe.
>>
>>9471498
I'm awful at choosing blouses. I can never figure out what styles and colors will match well until I already have them, so I just have stacks of blouses sitting around, and most of them are bad for my wardrobe. I need a mediator.
>>
>>9471499
If you can afford to do it by trial and error just do a clear-out of ones you don't use. I had a similar issue where I have a lot of blouses that I kinda like but they fit my body slightly awkwardly or have details that piss me off or their lace is different to other lace I own and I used to feel bad for trading up those pieces because there was nothing actually wrong with them. In the end I bit the bullet, bought a load of duplicate items when I saw blouses I liked better, and sold off the originals. No regrets but I did lose money, and I'm incredibly happy now I have, e.g., an IW blouse with lace that exactly matches the lace on my IW headdress, nothing with over-large peter pan collars, and no more blouses I can only wear under JSKs because they gap on the bust.
>>
>>9471498
Are you fairly new? In my experience being in lolita a few years, the issue resolvesitself after a while as you rotate wishlist pieces in and out of your wardrobe. There'll be stuff that arrives that doesn't fit so well or look so good IRL, and stuff that you simply get bored of. If you're disciplined you'll end up cutting it down to the best pieces in the end anyway.

For me, now I already have the basis of a wardrobe down and have a variety of the cuts and colours and materials I like, most of my wishlist is just stuff that I'd like to own at some point rather than stuff I'd want in my wardrobe forever and ever and ever (AKA dream pieces). Even with versatile solids that I can use over and over again, which I have a lot of, I find I get bored of the ones that don't have a beautiful fit after maybe ten wears and end up rotating them out too. I do have a 70-item wishlist but I know I'd feel really overwhelmed having so much, so I prefer to just have maybe a dozen wishlist prints in my wardrobe at a time.
>>
>>9471499
Why don't you sell them? I hardly have any blouses because I think buying one blouse from one seller at a time is a waste.
>>
>>9471517
My problem is that I don't really have a ton of disposable income to waste on all these. It's not like I'm buying myself broke, but it's still pretty discouraging when I get something that just doesn't work. I especially have trouble with sweeter styling for some reason.
>>
>>9471523
I alwys tell myself, "What if it will look really good with the next thing I buy?"

It's a problem.

I don't really buy brand blouses tho because of it, I mostly just grab taobao when I'm making an order.
>>
>>9471498
>tfw you have a tiny wishlist and you never find the colorways you want at decent prices
>>
>>9471499
same problem as me, none of the blouses I get really work out. I need so many blouses.
you should list them, I'd be interested!
>>
My wishlist is split between expensive, coveted pieces and obscure stuff that sells for less than retail once in a blue moon. The coveted stuff is just there to fill the void left by my inability to find my ultimate dream pieces. There are things that I would be willing to pay twice the original retail value because I never fucking see them.
If someone will sell me the first delete Drained Cherry halter JSK in white, I will pay $500. Not even joking. Same deal with the original release Pretty School JSK in navy or the Lacy Lady OP in lav x black.

Maybe I'll just drown my sorrows in more "rare" Aatp. Even shit like Elizabeth Bride of Death is easier to get than my trio of holy grails up there. Sorry this turned into more of a feels post.
>>
>>9471571
Release not delete. Fucking phone.
>>
>>9471536
Yeah, that's understandable - if you've not got the money there's not much that you can do. It sucks if you're in that position, I was like that for three years but I got a much better job this year and finally worked on swapping pieces out for similar pieces I liked better. Before I could never improve my selection because I couldn't afford to buy new things without selling old things but if I sold my only beige/whatever blouse then I'd be unable to wear all the dresses that matched it for a couple of months until I got a new one.
>>
>>9471521
No, I've been in the fashion for ten years. I think that's part of the problem, but the bigger issue is that I wear almost every substyle, which obviously is going to lead to a pretty excessive wardrobe.
>>
My biggest issue is narrowing down the order of priorities. I tell myself I'll keep a notebook by my wardrobe, so when I'm trying to brainstorm on a coord and I think of something that would make it easier the item then gets written down. I haven't follows through with that. My goals are to settle my wardrobe so I can throw on a coord and run out the door almost as easily as I could nice jeans and a tshirt. I have a sizable collection of dresses, but it is time to balance it out with other things. Mainly shoes, socks, blouses, and outerwear (although I'm nearly at a good place here.) another issue I have is I've lost over 10cm nearly all around since I started, so most of my blouses fit weird sometimes. I don't really want to completely start over with blouses because that is a daunting proposition.

Other than that, I mostly keep certain capsules within my wardrobe that are divided and defined by variables like color, motifs, and cut. So that's what I look out for.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.