[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unpopular Opinions thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 33

"Let's try to get along and not rip each other's throat this time" edition
>>
I loved the Fancy Hospital OP.
>>
I hold no contempt for cosplayers who excessively use their titties for followers, nor the men responsible for this being such an easy way to be successful in the cosplay world. I have accepted it, you should too. Honestly, I'd way rather hot girls in skimpy costumes be what cosplay is known for than fat and/or ugly chicks dressing up as characters way too pretty for then to pull off like it was years ago.
>>
>>9468038
You're not alone, anon. You're not alone.
>>
File: 1394.jpg (29KB, 446x357px) Image search: [Google]
1394.jpg
29KB, 446x357px
I see lolcow and farmers as cringey tryhard 2edg4u trash. Like any seagull, I enjoy a round of juicy drama and the commentary that follows it every now and then, but there's a point where the thirst becomes pathetic and they are far past it. When you spend all day on a drama site making fun of stranger's noses, that's when it's time to reevaluate your entire existence.
>>
Girls who only wear lolita to meets are just as bad as conlitas.
>>
>>9468141
Is that unpopular?
>>
I think Royal Princess Alice looks like a cheap AP copycat most of the time, and it looks tacky all the time. I wish Kimura U had stuck with Kokokim because that brand was fun and a little more original. I've lost a little bit of respect for hee because it feels like she just sold out and made a brand whose sole purpose is to chase trends.
>>
>>9468107
sadly, im gonna have to agree with this in a way.
i kinda cringe when i see female cosplayers who oversexualize a character but usually their cosplay is nicely crafted overall.
with fat/ugly chicks, most of the time their cosplay looks like trashbags taped together or outfits that dont even fit them well so they have cottage cheese sagging out.
fat people naturally dont try at all. which is why they are fat in the first place.

and before anyone gets triggered. I said "most" not "all". im sure theres some actual overweight cosplayers out there that have done wonders with cosplay. but i think the bad to good cosplay ratio heavily outweighs it. (pun intended)
>>
I like Antique Beast's Batcat headdresses.
>>
>>9468034
I really like Heroes M&M 4 and I think its the best part of the series (after the 3rd one)
>>
>>9468130
Agreed, a whole lotta stretching/reaching and speculating there as well.
>>
>>9468165
I wouldn't say they look like they're copying AP most of the time, but Marine Princess was fucking shameless. I actually thought it was a replica with different cuts from the original at first glance.
>>
>>9468165
The reality is that following trends to at least some degree is an essential part of staying in business for any fashion company. I mean, look at what happened to Moitie. They used to be the biggest brand, but they didn't adjust to the fact gothic lolita was changing and they're barely still a thing.
>>
Lolita is a costume.

As much as I love it, it is treated like a costume by pretty much everyone who wears it anyway. Might as well call it what it is.
>>
>>9468165
Is this an unpopular opinion, though? Most people seem to think RPA is basically just overpriced taobao clothes that happen to come from Japan
>>
>>9468166
>>9468107
Every fat cosplayer that I have known irl uses the same tube bodice/shirt/circle skirt base for cosplay. If they would get over themselves for five minutes and make something that actually fit/studied the actual outfit they're trying to make they wouldn't look like flaming garbage. Never mind actually bettering themselves.
But like it's been said, that's why they're fat I suppose.

Unpopular opinion pretty much every photog in the community I've seen has been horridly ugly/creepy looking which has deterred me from contacting them for shoots. I really wish they'd just get their shit together.
And the girls that "befriend" photogs like that imo are whoring themselves out more than the average skimpy cosplayer.
>>
>>9468221
I wear the fashion daily and have been for quite a few years now but seeing all these people who wear it exclusively to conventions or meetups, plan their outfits like one would do with a costume and gawk at the notion of wearing it daily, I unfortunately can't argue with this.
>>
>>9468221
I don't disagree but I don't really agree, either.

I think lolita tends to be, mostly, costume wear. Most coords are very costumey, and while lolitas say it's normal clothing, it clearly isn't for them. They only wear those things to meets and cons.

However lolita can and definitely is still just a fashion. You just don't see most so called lolitas wearing coords that'd be acceptable for day-to-day wear.
>>
>>9468236
I guess my opinion may change with the current popularity of casual lolita
>>
I miss when we could make fun of fatties on /cgl/ with little to no backlash.

I only stopped because I got banned by a butthurt mod for a while.
>>
>>9468245
I've determined that the mods are all angry fatties because the only posts of mine that get me banned are calling people fat

Inb4 banned
>>
>>9468221
In a way I kinda agree,I wear it every weekend or so but I always dress really normie out of that to work because i'm super lazy and want to wear lolita only when i'm feeling cute and energetic enough to put some makeupon,do my hair,..., or in cute pjs.
>>9468130
Completely agree. Having a whole website dedicated to drama is...And god, all the salt,reaching,...on there. At least we have less salt on /cgl/ this way.
As much as I love me some juicy drama to read, this is taking it wayyy too far.

>>9468171
Same sis, same.
>>
>>9468236
How do you know they only wear it for cons and meets? Most of the people I hang out with casually hang out together in lolita, and some wear it to work.
>>
I feel like the gay community at cons has gone from 'ok' to TRY HARD levels of gay. Like the coming out, or the sleeping with whoever feels like it's almost forced now. It's not natural
>>
>>9468388
Thank Tumblr for that, you have to be the most aggressive alpha gay so you don't get anon hate.
>>
>>9468431
Dunno if you should be that short sighted, senpai.
>>
Being able to make good coords is something you're born with. You can try to learn how block coloring works or how to make certain colors pop, but I've seen girls with copies or bodyline make better coords than some girls in my comm who are brando for life.

Shows money can't buy good taste.
>>
I think it's perfectly fine to work new colors into a coord that aren't in the print or on the dress itself as long as they complement well. I don't understand why certain people bitch about "shoehorning" when it is perfectly acceptable to use different colors in every other fashion.

That is to say, I'm not giving someone wearing head to toe pastels and black shoes a pass, that's dumb. But if someone is wearing all black and incorporates red as an accent using shoes, bag, accessories and so on, that is perfectly fine.
>>
>>9468107
I partially agree.
I hold no contempt for women who are up front and honest about it and the attention it brings.
If you like and wanna cosplay a character because her boobs are out, be transparent.
>>
>>9468388
>>9468431
as a lesbian seagull i agree.
Tumblr reaaally fucked shit up.

Talking about tumblr, i'm so tired of black girls or trans in lolita getting praised like "zomg yasss girl slayyy" just because they're black/trans/... and put on a pedestal. If you dare say anything about it you're a meanie whitey racist transphobic cracker. Fuck tumblr's level of political correctness, I miss when SJWs were a huge minority and laughed at.
>>
>>9468143
Yes, most lolitas in areas with active comms only wear lolita to meets. It's just become a big deal on 4chan lately, probably because this place is full NEETs who don't have a real job they can't wear lolita to.
>>
>>9468470
Right. The number one way to tick me off when in jfash is to compliment me for my race. I don't wanna cookie for being black? I didn't have to try either? What you should comment on is if my coord is decent or not, that I had to try for.
>>
>>9468475
it's so weird when people do this imo, like people are constantly saying "that color looks great with your skin tone" and nothing else. like, is that the only compliment you can come up with? maybe i'm petty but when i get more comments on my skin color than my coordinates it's a problem. just a bunch of people trying to show off how totally not racist they are
>>
>>9468475
>9468475
God,thank you. I got black friends that are absolutely beautiful in lolita but they're just as beautiful as my fellow mayonnaise friends.
Once got called a racist for telling a black girl that golden blonde wasn't her best colour because of her skin tone. I mean, dark hair colours or flashy hair colours look like shit on me, some things just don't suit you, period. You can still wear them, I just said it wasn't the most flattering and I sugarcoated it to not sound like an asshole ("i think darker hair colours suit you better").
SJWs are the biggest hypocrites,they put POC (and trans folks and such) on pedestals when they scream they want equality.
>>
>>9468038
I love the cutsew OP a lot but also the usual OP is really cute.
>>9468221
Unfortunately for many it's like this even if they still claim isn't costume. A style should be called fashion if isn't treated like a costume and worn daily or at least outside the workplace in case there is a dress code or uniform. I wear cute jfashions or use lolita items as daily clothing because i hate to wear normie clothing. Lolita items should be treated like any clothing piece, at least if they can't wear lolita it's possible to wear skirts or dresses in a non lolita way or add lolita accessories with normie items.
>>
>>9468465
This so hard. I really hate the idea that everything has to be perfectly matching all the time, it makes lolita seem more like a costume, as >>9468221 says.
>>
File: oho.gif (993KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
oho.gif
993KB, 250x250px
>>9468130
I feel like it's to be expected when lolcow kept on trucking the direction /cgl/ was going in before the drama ban, but /cgl/ really was no better back in the PT days. We just mellowed out here forcibly, not that that's a bad thing.

Also
>"ur on 4chan/lolcow/kiwifarms aaaaall days long ur such losers"
>mfw
>>
I am extremely bothered when people who post mirror shots don't take two seconds to flip the image horizontally; especially if they have something like a bag that has prominent lettering on it.
>>
Misty sky is shit, especially the gradient version.
>>
>>9468998
I like the darker colorways - navy, black, that weird electric blue, and grey.
The pastels just look like children's pajamas to me.
>>
>>9468995
That's an understandable issue.

Although on the note of selfies, I suppose my unpopular opinion is that I don't like when people mirror their selfie (so it's there twice, side by side). It makes absolutely no sense to me, just post the picture normally.
>>
I'll never say it IRL and I feel really bad for thinking it.

I think that there are some cosplay where dark skin just doesn't work.

Also orange-yellow wigs look awful on almost everyone.
>>
>>9469044
It's all about the undertones.
But if the entire cosplay is going to clash with your skintone, you're either going to have to get super creative with your color palette, or maybe consider that outfit isn't a good pick for you.
I don't think orange-yellow or bright neon wigs look particularly good on anyone. They're just
Not meant to be pleasing to the eye
>>
File: 1368962729355.jpg (96KB, 724x720px) Image search: [Google]
1368962729355.jpg
96KB, 724x720px
>>9468130
>When you spend all day on a drama site making fun of stranger's noses

But spending all day here making fun of fatties and people who can't apply makeup is perfectly fine.
Sorry about your big honker witch nose anon.
>>
File: 1488314565640.jpg (23KB, 301x320px) Image search: [Google]
1488314565640.jpg
23KB, 301x320px
>>9469067
not anon you replied to but to be fair, u can stop being a fatty and apply makeup well p easily, but getting surgery to correct ur face is $$$ and not very easy
>>
>>9469072
Sorry jew nose, but that's not a good enough excuse anymore considering basic rhinoplasty won't ring up to more than a couple thousand.
Pretty on par with the way fatties have to buy better food, get a gym membership, and then maybe save up for surgeries of their own to remove excess skin and lipo cellulite out.

Save up your pennies and then maybe you can be pretty one day. Just like fatties need to buckle down and maybe they can be thin one day.
>>
>/cgl/ needs to be more of a productive community again and stop shutting down fun group activities (ita dressup, working on designs together)

>/cgl/ has massive yellow fever and will let anything slide as long as the girl is a cute asian with nice photography and its getting old
>>
>>9469076
>meeting randos from a vietnamese woodcarving forum irl
>ever
it's for the best, anon
>>
>>9469072
Stop typing like you came from tumblr.

My unpopular opinion is that I wish people who typed like that got banned. Does it really take that much effort to type four extra letters? Come the fuck on. Low effort posts like that are why /cgl/ is slowly going to shit.
>>
>>9469067
Not that anon but I always view farmers as bottom of the barrel types. You can do many things on /cgl/ that don't involve pissing on others, from the buy/sell/trade threads to AA threads and draw threads. There are lots of productive and helpful people here, and unless you're overly defensive or argumentative, it's generally a pleasant place. Compare that to KF where literally the only thing to do is shit on others.
>>
>>9468245
Fatties are constantly made fun of here, what are you talking about?
>>
>>9469081
>You can do many things on /cgl/ that don't involve pissing on others
It's literally the same on lolcow.
There's an off topic board as well as a girl general board where people discuss beauty tips and other such things. Advice threads, etc.
Nobody has to go visit lolcow or snowflake threads if they don't want to see that.
>>
File: 7.png (15KB, 264x271px) Image search: [Google]
7.png
15KB, 264x271px
>>9469074
>Pretty on par with the way fatties have to buy better food, get a gym membership

lmao, or run outside and eat less food. but nice try!

>>9469080
cry more fag
>>
>>9468991
>"ur on 4chan/lolcow/kiwifarms aaaaall days long ur such losers"
... Yeah, if you spend the majority of your time complaining about random people on the internet that you've never met, you probably don't have a lot going on in life. There's a difference between the occasional kek and internet drama being your life.
>>
>>9469074
Anon that has actually had rhino, where I am the average is $8k. Plus hospital fees.
Not exactly pocket change.

But, slightly /cgl related, I wish cosmetic surgery (within reason) wasn't such a taboo. Like I totally get why nigiri denies her obviously fake boobs are fake; there kinda is a stigma. If having large boobs to be a buxom anime goddess is your dream, just live your goddamned dream.
I'm personally more offended by her makeup.
>>
>>9469067
I'm not sure where I said making fun of fatties or bad makeup all day was any better? Noses were just an example. Just the kind of baseless projection one would expect from a farmer.
>>
>>9469094
I think the stigma is just from jealous women who can't afford the cosmetic surgery they want so they tease other women who have had cosmetic surgery to make them feel bad.
>>
>>9469084
>Nobody has to go visit lolcow or snowflake threads if they don't want to see that.
Sure, you don't have to go to them, but they're literally the entire point of the site and I doubt many people go there just for the off topic sections. There's off topic sections of most forums, but that doesn't change the purpose of the website.
>>
>>9469109
Not a farmer (got bored of lolcow months ago), but there were a lot of girls who went there just for the "off-topic" boards and didn't even know who the lolcows were. I don't know if that's changed since I last went there, though.
>>
>>9469074
There's a laundry list of shit that can go wrong in a nose job, even with a good doctor. You don't risk death or mutilation when losing weight.

Also
>Jew nose
How edgy
>>
>>9469119
Not to mention having an unfortunate nose isn't extremely unhealthy like being fat is
>>
i cant fucking stand otherkin who get upset when they see people cosplaying their kintype. otherkin is the dumbest shitty coping-mechanism trend that ever crawled its way out of mental illness hugbox land.
>>
>>9469125
This definitely isn't unpopular here, haha.

However, non-/cgl/ related and Tumblr-related, I wish there wasn't such a hugboxy attitude towards otherkin. I feel like everyone's just pretending to tolerate their bullshit because no one wants to get hit with some ~kinphobic~ backlash.
>>
>>9469131
Aren't most "otherkin" people either very young or have some mental issues? I know in the past I've always ignored them because they typed like they were twelve and didn't seem to actually know what they were doing (one girl in particular had an argument about how humans evolved from dolphins as proof she could breathe underwater).
>>
>>9469131
god, this. i'm not sure why people are so accommodating towards otherkin. i've even seen gulls condemn people for laughing at their delusions. like, give me a fucking break. it's a bunch of stupid teens pretending to be seaslugs for attention.
>>
I see a lot of coords that would look better with slightly less petti than they have, especially cupcake-style sweet ones

there's really no need to go for maximum poof as long as you have a good silhouette
>>
>>9469119
There's a laundry list of shit that can go wrong when losing weight and the subsequent surgeries to get the body back to a decent shape.
Shut up snowflake. You either have a problem with "pissing on people," including fats, or you don't.
>>
>>9468504
Well shit. Mind you some might be honest compliments. I'll say the same to pale people if I notice a color looks particularly good on them. I only say such a thing when people look positively glowing in the colors they picked regardless of how light or dark they are. I didn't realize that was a "default" some people fall back on. Mind you, some might really be saying that you are "glowing".

I guess not all.
>>
>>9469079
Just don't eat the brownies.
>>
>>9468516
There's very few people who can rock golden blonde. It usually looks like a bad bleach job on almost anybody so they shouldn't take offense to it. You have to have a particular undertone to rock golden blonde, and so many outfit colors clash with it as well.
>>
>>9469076
Yeah, it gets annoying when I have to cherry pick pictures just to avoid starting a shit storm. After awhile, it leads to me not wanting to post pictures at all.
>>
>>9469148
>Dolphins
>Breathe underwater
The fact they don't even know how their animal works triggers me the most of anything.
>>9469174
I'm sure a bunch of kids pretended to be dark and brooding Werewolves or Vampires. I know I did.
But I suppose a animal born in a human body is more believable than Lycanthropy . Go figure.
>>
Crossplay isn't creative or cute. It's a lazy method of getting asspats for people who can't put together a decent cosplay and want to use being a different gender as an excuse for why they look shit.
>>
>>9468034
Why is the sticky on this board so fucking gay? Is this the hugboxing section of quadruple chin?
>>
>>9468470
I actually feel like this mentality makes it even HARDER for black girls like myself to be taken seriously when doing something we love. No one wants to say things to me because they're scared of the SJW mob speaking for me and no one believes that praise is actually because a black girl worked hard and not because of my skin tone.
>>
>>9469204
But what if I like a female character and put in hard work to make a good costume?
>>
>>9469178
>Shut up snowflake
>>
>>9469204
It's not particularly creative or cute, but if it's an excellent cosplay then it's still really good.
>>
>>9469178
If you're a retard and don't take the time to lose weight the right way you'll be stuck with all kinds of problems. Just don't be stupid
>>
>>9469274
Get a friend to wear it and credit you as the costume designer.
>>
Most lolita shoes, especially tea parties look childish and clownish.

Girls who are able to use their natural hair for lolita and make it work are superior to wig-wearing peasants.

Obese people should not be enabled to wear lolita.

Mana ist highly overrated and substyles other than gothic should not feel obliged to worship him.

Brolitas are gross unless they are trans, in which case they are technically girls and just lolitas.

Reselling worn bloomers and socks is gross and should not be a thing.
>>
>>9469500
>having friends
>>
>>9469191
>I'm sure a bunch of kids pretended to be dark and brooding Werewolves or Vampires. I know I did.
Yeah, but otherkin take it to another level. Even if you're a 15 year old wishing you were a vampire and eating red shit, avoiding garlic, etc. at the back of your mind you know you're just pretending. Otherkin act like they legitimately are Sans Undertale and we're all supposed to accept it.
>>
>>9469178
>losing enough weight to require skin surgery
I'll agree there, but I don't think there's a laundry list of things that could go wrong with losing weight? Unless you have an ED, but that's the equivalent of constantly punching your face to get your nose in a proper shape;not a viable means of improvement. It's also more psychologically complex than "really wanting to lose weight"

My rule is: if it was something someone was born with/is not changeable barring intensive surgery, it's kinda a dick move to make fun of them for it. Doesn't stop me sometimes, but there is that line.
>>
>>9468186
>being this dumb

Moitie started a shit ton of trends like chiffon prints, longer skirts, clipart-ish prints (lol)

Moitie has always been slow to release
>>
>>9468221
I half agree. I think some people definitely do treat it that way for the sake of likes on CoF, other people try to remain more loyal to the roots.

I guess my unpopular opinion is that there's nothing wrong with the former. Fashions change, that's the way it is; lolita itself came from another fashion and it's natural for splinter groups to split off. I almost want to advocate for a new name for the costume-y lolita and just break it off from the original. You've got a floor-length veil, a scepter, wings, etc? You're wearing Elevated Lolita. You wear it without those things, without going over the top, then it's just lolita. Does that make any sense?
>>
>>9469178
I don't think it's great to shit on fatties or anything, I was just saying that a nose job is a lot more drastic and risky than naturally losing weight. Calm down. Also, the complications that come with losing weight are significantly dwarfed by the complications that come from being overweight. Which seems like something I shouldn't have to point out...
>>
>>9469565
I legit thought I was a witch in my edgy teen years. My friends also thought they were witches and the group would have serious fights over who the better witch was. We would pretend to cast spells on people, be possessed, take credit when something bad happened to one of our enemies because clearly we did it with our epic magic. Oh god, just thinking of it is painful.
>>
>>9469509
Agree on almost everything but especially the socks. It's nasty as fucking hell that people are reselling old socks with the toes and heel parts obviously yellowed with whatever stain their nasty feet produce. I'd never buy that shit, but just the fact that they shamelessly put those up for sale riles me up.

My own unpopular opinion: I'd never buy anything from an overweight girl. Burando just isn't made to take that strain.
>>
>>9469509
I fucking hate tea parties. THey look like cheap toddler shoes.
>>
>>9469653
Diff anon, but this could almost be bait. If you've ever spent more than four seconds looking into Moitie, you would know that while their releases have always been slower than other brands, they still came out with quite a few every year. Now, they come out with hardly any and they barely get any attention. No one was denying that Moitie started trends, but how many Moitie trends do you see as extremely popular new releases like ten years ago? They don't even have any physical stores left.

Go home, Anon, you're drunk.
>>
I think ero lolita is cute. Sexy cosplays in general can be amazing to look at if theres effort put into it and doesnt fall into generic porn star territory. I inly get uncomfortable when its kid characters.
>>
>>9469509
>Girls who are able to use their natural hair for lolita and make it work are superior to wig-wearing peasants.
This so hard. I've seen some hilarious arguments on here about how everyone looks a million times better in a wig and when people are like "my hair is fine", they always get someone saying it's not and they probably look awful without even knowing what it looks like. Like... sorry that some of us have nice hair?
>>
>>9469773
If it's streched out it might be cheaper. Also seconded on the socks, I once bought an entire co ord with burgundy socks and they were stained AND unwashed (the smell T-T)
>>
>>9469274
Do it, anon. I'll take obvious crossplay to genderbends any day.
>>
>>9469509
Bloomers are worn over underwear and not instead of underwear, it's no more gross than buying a pair of shorts or pants.
>>
>>9469821
I know a lot of girls don't use pantyliners and just thinking about some bloomers getting riled up with their underwear and some smell of the vagina rubbing off... urgh.
>>
I dislike bloomers.
When I first started lolita, I bought a pair since it was always on every list to "start Lolita with." A little while after I come to realize that I don't actually need bloomers, plain shorts work just the same. Not to mention, for some reason they make my outfit feel more like a costume to me.

I also dislike bonnets. I always thought the way they stick out make the person look dorky, specially if they're wearing sweet. Sometimes when they have things in then (flowers, small accessories) they can look very elegant, but for the most part I dislike them.
>>
>>9469835
Do you wear pantyliners daily?
>>
>>9469918
Which is still true for shorts and pants, do you refuse to buy those second-hand too? If anything, bloomers are significantly less likely to end up in contact with a girl's vaginal secretions than a pair of jeans would because they're loose so there's usually a space between your underwear and your crotch. People are supposed to wash before they sell and you can wash them again when they arrive.
>>
>>9469935
Meant to reply to >>9469835 not >>9469918.
>>
>>9469935
I wouldn't buy second hand shorts and pants as well.
Also, I own and wear bloomers and know pretty well how they ride up, so that 'loose space' you're talking about only exists in theory.

>>9469918
fucking yes, that's how you're supposed to wear them and change them daily as well. they are supposed to catch any drops that leave your vagina.
>>
>>9469945
That's your personal preference though anon, most people aren't bothered by it or there wouldn't be a thriving resale market for shorts and pants. Wearing pantyliners all day every day is not actually good for you, the plastic backing traps moisture and sweat and can make you more likely to get a yeast infection and other problems. You're supposed to just change your underwear.
>>
>>9469945
>I wouldn't buy second hand shorts and pants as well.

Am I the only one who buys from thrift/vintage stores? As long as you wash them before wearing, I'm pretty sure it's fine.

>>9469976
This. Just change your underwear daily. If it's hot or something you can also change it 2x a day.
>>
>>9469976
>>9469980
I'm changing both at least daily. This grossness is the reason I don't buy socks, bloomers or any kind of pants second hand.
>>
>>9469989
Maybe your vagina just leaks a lot, anon. Most girls don't need to wear pantyliners everyday, they just change their underwear.
>>
>>9469178
>being fat is a tragecomedy
rly? no1nudat
you could always just go die
>>
>>9469995
I don't know most girls private parts, but my lady doctor says I'm fine and healthy abd my routine is perfectly fine.

On the other hand I know a bunch of girls who neglect their hygiene and think people don't notice. So in doubt I think people are gross and just don't know it.
>>
>>9469756
>>9469178

I'm >>9469094, and I almost died the first rhino I got (full disclosure, I had a congenital tumor that went undetected because it was under the bone, when I finally convinced someone to do the surgery and they found the tumor when they tried to remove it I started hemmoraging blood. He completely botched my surgery (didn't fix the displaced bone caused by the tumor, scar tissue everywhere from things he wasn't even supposed to touch, worst recovery pain of my life, etc) and left me with a perforated septum that was starting to collapse. I went to a different doctor for a revision as soon as I could; and 6.5 hours under (and having to cut into my scalp for donor fascia) my nose finally looks like it belongs on my face.

Needless to say, I'm not too sympathetic towards people who could easily take steps to better themselves but don't.

Sage for kinda OT
>>
>>9469945
Dude no. What is your life like, that must be so uncomfortable.
>>
File: Junkrat_6f201f_5979175.jpg (38KB, 540x519px) Image search: [Google]
Junkrat_6f201f_5979175.jpg
38KB, 540x519px
>I need to make a safespace thread for opinions that I know people will disagree with because I'm too chicken shit to say them in normal threads
>>
>>9469945
I'm amazed by this. It's like putting plastic over your furniture. You're wearing underwear for your underwear.
>>
>>9469945
My discharge isn't very acidic and doesn't damage my underwear so I don't.
>>
File: 1462135368742.png (120KB, 225x288px) Image search: [Google]
1462135368742.png
120KB, 225x288px
>>9468130
I miss the chans before lolcow, like Maximum.Faggotry. Thay had shitty mods, but the culture was much, much better. I think it was the PULL threads that drove lolcow down the shitter. People that were too bitchy for PULL came to lolcow and then the threads turned into retarded nitpick shit. It used to be generally about people that were legit lolcows (think Chris-chan) then devolved into every thread being about weeb internet celebrities and what outfits they were wearing. It always had that /cgl/ vibe, but the cancer was toned down quite a bit.

If I ever make a spin off chan, I'm gonna ban discussion of Dakota.
>>
>>9468367
It's been established a long time ago that they are both female, and are indeed fatties.
Try complaining in the feedback section, if enough people complain they might throw us a bone and give us a better janitor.
>>
>>9470076
honestly, i dont want to see pointless drama and bitching in normal threads.
if these babies need their safespace, let them have it.
>>
>>9468034
popular for cgl, unpopular on tumblr and at meets
>tattoos look like total shit in lolita and should always be covered
>goth and gothic don't really suit fat girls
>tall girls look bad in sweet and would still look awkward even if brands catered to their size
>it would be simpler if comms just banned dudes from joining outright

unpopular for cgl, popular for tumblr
>you don't need brand to look good, I consider girls with an all Taobao/Bodyline wardrobe just as much of a lolita
>chubby-chans are cute as long as they're not in "wider than they are tall" territory
>I have no problems with hijabi girls as long as they can coord
>I'd rather attend a meet with an SJW than an edgelord

???
>larme kei looks like nymphet fashion
>fat girls gravitate towards mori because the layers cover their insecurities, which is a pity because it makes everyone who isn't slim and delicately pretty look homeless
>natural hair looks better than a wig for most non-OTT coords
>girls using natural hair should have the dedication to get bangs, they look better for lolita 99% of the time even when your face looks good without
>using regular shorts as bloomers is nasty even though nobody will see them, shorts for lolita should be soft and cute like silky pyjama shorts or something
>modern Western make-up looks horrible with lolita and it's tragic to see people shoehorning insta-brows, contour, black winged liner and false lashes into everything because it's the only style they can do
>more lolita tutorials and cgl crit should reflect the fact that make-up that looks best on camera often looks overdone IRL and vice versa (pic related)
>>
>>9470065
Having rhinoplasty isn't bettering yourself and it's sad that you're so obsessed with noses that you have to tell yourself that to justify it. Sage because I don't really want to derail the thread.
>>
I don't like any kind of major headpiece in lolita besides bows (to the side only, not sitting at the center top of your head), tiaras, and on rare occasion berets.

>>9470065
Sweet Jesus, Anon, I'm sorry you had to go through that horror show.
>>
>>9470109
I feel the same way about larme

>>9470113
... Did you read the post? She said she got it because she had a tumor then needed a second surgery because it disfigured her.
>>
>>9470067
I'm seriously worried about you, why do you think this is such a uncomfortable thing? I shower in the morning, then put on fresh panties with fresh pantyliners and sometimes change them before bed. This is really no rocket science.
>>
>>9470079
So you expect your panties to cath all your stuff, every drop and then wear them 24 hours and then think a simple wash will take care of that?

desu I'm amazed not every person wears pantyliners. especially after having sex there is even more discharge.
>>
>>9470125
Maybe I misread it but I thought she was saying that she chose to have rhino for her nose, complications happen because she had a tumour she didn't realise was there and surgeon didn't know how to handle it, then got a second surgeon to fix it. It wouldn't make sense for the surgeon to panick and fuck up when faced with the tumour if they'd been paid to deal with that in the first place.

>>9470126
I'm kind of freaked out by the fact you're a supposed clean freak but think it's OK to wear a pantyliner for 24 hours. "Sometimes" change before bed? Really? My experience of pantyliners is that the plastic backing traps enough sweat that I get uncomfortable if I don't change them a few times a day.
>>
>>9470138
I don't know what pantyliner are in your county, but mine are cotton and 'breath-through' or how they call it.
>>
File: 1392253837483.jpg (30KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1392253837483.jpg
30KB, 500x500px
I used to love lolita, but the more I'm getting to know the people in it, the more I'm starting to think of it as vapid, empty headed materialism. Most of these girls are just dressing up as shit with no real attachment to any of the shit they're dressing up as and that's pretty disappointing.
There's probably no solution to the hipster appropriation of lolita, but I think it would help if more girls found one sub-style of lolita and stuck with it. Even when you're not wearing lolita, the fashion should still be reminiscent of your interests and reflect you're personality. If not, then you're pretentious cancer and should just stop wearing lolita imho.
For example...
>Goth lolitas only wearing gothic lolita, having gothic interests, and being gothy when not in lolita
>Classic lolitas having interests in granny shit and historical ladyhood
>Sweet lolitas being weebs
I'm talking out my ass here, but you get the point. I think it's really sad how hipsters have to ruin everything with their "never take anything too seriously" mentality. This is why most contemporary subcultures are virtually none existent.
>>
>>9470141
Pantyliners I've used are like smaller, very thin sanitary pads. Regardless, if you're not changing throughout the day that's literally just as bad as leaking on your underwear and changing that? You still have the stuff in your pants for 24 hours, and the underwear goes in the wash at the end of the day. sage for ot
>>
>>9470143
are you the same person who was saying in the general that you don't understand people who don't dress girly outside of lolita
>>
>>9470126
You're supposed to change that shit throughout the day, you nasty bitch. Acting all high and mighty when you change a panty liner out once or twice a day instead of every few hours.
>>
>>9470145
Yeah but the underwear will not get stained as quickly and if I happen to leak a little more during the day I can take the pantyliner off and have a clean panty under it. I can't spontanously change my panty during work, but easily just get rid of my liner.
It's really useful in the days before and after period so that any accidental blood drops get caught.

>>9470151
Sure, because changing my liner only once or twice is somehow worse than all these runts wearing their panties the whole day without changing.
>>
>>9470141
If they have adhesive, they have a plastic backing, which means they trap sweat, and should be changed every 4-6 hours.

Get off your stinky high horse.
>>
>>9470155
>It's really useful in the days before and after period so that any accidental blood drops get caught.

Spotting is completely different from everyday discharge. You honestly have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
ITT: Gulls worrying about "icky" secondhand clothing items when I bet they don't even think twice about sleeping in a hotel bed that tons of people have fucked on

Solid logic, girls!
>>
>>9470147
Nope
>>
You're all nasty as fuck, and I want to stop thinking about that so I'll leave you and your dirty panties now.
Have fun being gross shit.
>>
File: 1487105628388.jpg (5KB, 275x206px) Image search: [Google]
1487105628388.jpg
5KB, 275x206px
>>9470143
>>
Sweet was a mistake, is the root for every single problem in the fashion and is the cancer that will kill lolita.
Remove all sweet lolitas, hail Mana.
>>
>>9470163
Says the one with the vagina trapped in sweat all day because it can't breathe well.

I've worn pantyliners when I wasn't on my period before (I thought it would be a few days earlier than it was) and the aroma is noticeably stronger. You're stinkier down there than you need to be.
>>
>>9470087
PULL is the worst. Every thread is

>I think this girl is photoshopping!
>She's popular/pretty/nice...but she seems fake
>I don't like her clothes!

And now lolcow is becoming that way too. Drama sites are like junkfood, okay in moderation but if you're starting to worry that you have nasolabial folds it's time to stop.
>>
>>9470174
oldschool sweet existed before gothic though???
>>
If you're scared of other people putting their genitals on their clothes then don't buy secondhand, literally that easy of a problem to avoid.
>>
>>9470181
Right? Sorry to trigger anon's phobia but literally anything second-hand could have had genitalia on it, someone could have masturbated with that T-shirt for all you know. Nothing is safe, so toss it in the washer and stop worrying about it.
>>
>>9470179
Ignore it, the newbies are all jumping on the sweet hate train.
>>
File: leonidascopy.png (277KB, 601x628px) Image search: [Google]
leonidascopy.png
277KB, 601x628px
Here are my unpop opins

>There is nothing wrong with only wearing lolia to cons and meets
>Concrit isn't that important
>I'd rather have weeby itas who could improve than people who only wearing boring CGL approved coordinates
>It isn't the end of the world if someone is ten pounds overweight, they don't need to lose pounds just for cgl acceptance
>People who post on lolcow are usually lolcows themselves
>Gothic lolita is boring
>I wish brands released more solid pieces
>OTT sweet was the peak era of lolita
>The fashion as we know it is dying
>Buying from western sellers is more of a hassle than buying from Closet Child/Wunderwelt and you'll probably get a better deal there too
>Larme is cute but it is normie fashion and the Larme community needs to stop being so bitchy and critical
>>
>>9470183
I think it's more disgusting if you buy secondhand then don't wash it before wearing it.
>>
>>9470179
What you think as "oldschool sweet" was barely lolita.

>>9470185
Newfag please, it's not like hating sweet is a trend just because you only noticed it recently.
>>
File: 20150703210635-d3aaf13f-me.jpg (102KB, 413x594px) Image search: [Google]
20150703210635-d3aaf13f-me.jpg
102KB, 413x594px
>>9470211
>GLB issue 2
>Barely lolita
>>
File: lolitaheh.jpg (39KB, 753x449px) Image search: [Google]
lolitaheh.jpg
39KB, 753x449px
>>9470174
Fear me and my ageplay prints and stuffies, peasant
>>
>>9470194
>People who post on lolcow are usually lolcows themselves

Can confirm for me personally at least. I have a lot of musty internet skeletons in my closet and I post on the farm religiously
>>
>>9470185
or oldfags who are too haggard to look good in it
>>
>>9470218
This was post-gothic though. Gothic lolita arose in 1998, the oldschool we're talking about is pre-1998 barely lolita stuff. Still sweet though.
>>
>>9470218
>sweet existed before gothic
>uses a magazine years after a clear lolita silhouette and subculture existed as evidence
Lolita didn't start with the bibles.
>>
>>9470221
same. I feel like if I were internet famous I'd have a thread. I'm way too obsessed with the farm, I really should stop. I think it's because I can relate to certain cows.
>>
File: Fruits Issue 2_Page_13.jpg (80KB, 490x980px) Image search: [Google]
Fruits Issue 2_Page_13.jpg
80KB, 490x980px
>>9470227
>>9470225
They specifically said just old school, but heres some Fruits issue 2 that is not perfect but gothic.
>>
>>9470194
Agreeing on everything but "gothic lolita is boring".
>>
File: Fruits Issue 10_Page_37 (1).jpg (83KB, 617x944px) Image search: [Google]
Fruits Issue 10_Page_37 (1).jpg
83KB, 617x944px
>>9470234
The boots are bad, but here is some Fruits issue 10
>>
File: Fruits Issue 20_Page_16.jpg (73KB, 527x957px) Image search: [Google]
Fruits Issue 20_Page_16.jpg
73KB, 527x957px
>>9470237
And to be entirely fair it isn't like the good examples of early gothic are anything but Mana cosplay
>>
File: 1cv673.png (471KB, 399x508px) Image search: [Google]
1cv673.png
471KB, 399x508px
>>9470174
fight me

>>9470194
>>The fashion as we know it is dying
You have some pretty good ones except for that one
>>
File: tumblr_omyuhngVOg1s29x26o1_500.jpg (75KB, 500x537px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_omyuhngVOg1s29x26o1_500.jpg
75KB, 500x537px
Here I go:
I really hate the direction lolita is taking, how everything has to be picture perfect, it's treated more and more like a costume

I genuinely think the fashion as we used to know it, is dying

OTT sweet era was the peak era of lolita (as previously said)

I dislike most sweet lolita shoes (am a sweet lolita myself, the struggle is real)

Unless they are very androgynous/feminine looking, brolitas look awful no matter how good their coords are

It's alright to be a bit chubby or have some extra jiggle as long as you aren't grossly overweight

I like punk lolita (but it's rarely well done)

I like "ero" lolita and feel lowkey hot and bothered when I see it done well on a mature looking girl because i'm fucking gay

I think natural hair is better than wig (less costumey) but it's much more of an hassle (frizzies,fly away hairs,dandruffs,roots if it's dyed,hairstyle not holding well,...)

It's alright to wear a wig, as long as it's decent quality

I don't like larme kei at all save from maybe one or two tops and bags

I prefer "simple" coords over OTT and facepalm everytime I see girls on COF talking about their "simple/casual coord" when it's pretty OTT already
>>
>>9470228
are you me? I relate to a lot of the snowflakes... Even when I try to stop reading I always end up back there telling myself it's just to make sure nobody is talking about me. But I know nobody is, I just need the drama in my boring life.
>>
>>9470264
I don't think lolita is dying but I think the sillouhete and how brands conduct releases will changes. We'll see more MTO dresses, the long chiffon style popularized by JetJ and taobao will takeoff more, we'll see taobao brands have more clout with what becomes trendy in the style, and I thin even more of a crossover with Larme magazine and the trends found there.

The style of lolita isn't dying, but what we consider lolita is going to change, atleast on the Eastern front. The west is stubborn.

>>9470272
>I like punk lolita (but it's rarely well done)
I think how we keep saying that punk is rarely well done is why people hardly ever attempt it! People shouldn't be afraid to mess up, I think that stops potentially good punk lolitas from giving it try. Same goes wtih ero.

>I think natural hair is better than wig (less costumey) but it's much more of an hassle (frizzies,fly away hairs,dandruffs,roots if it's dyed,hairstyle not holding well,...)
People who insist that natural hair is the end all be all arely acknowledge how real hair will fall and not hold styles over the course of a day. And an earlier anon said that natural hair only looks best with a bang.
>>
File: lesbian-seagull.gif (763KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
lesbian-seagull.gif
763KB, 500x250px
>>9468470
>lesbian seagull
sorry anon, I couldn't resist
>>
>>9468221
I dunno. If you wear wings or something with it then you make it look costumey.

But personally, I wear lolita clothes almost every day to university, and therefore it's not a costume for me. Then again, I wear mainly classic and I don't tend to wear lots of accessories or over-the-top dresses so most normies assume I'm wearing vintage clothes.
>>
I'm already fucking sick of the Wendy's //fast food everything within Facebook memeculture...
>>
>>9470273
I think we are the same person, yeah. It's terrible but I can relate to Kiki and Dacote a lot. They remind me of my sister and I
>>
>>9470287
Ah I see where you're coming from now, thank you for elaborating and making your point clear!
>>
>>9470297
No problem! It isn't healthy to doomsday about the death of the fashion but it's also ignorant to pretend like stuff isn't changing and changing fast. If you're (general you) really tied to a specific lolita look the next few years might be difficult.

My personal style stays firmly in 2009 OTT sweet, but I am interested in seeing how the style will evolve, even if I don't want to buy any new releases.
>>
>>9470287
Yeah probably! It's kinda sad because I love seeing some good punk lolita. As for hair, I just roll my eyes whenever I see gulls fight about how "real hair" or "wigs" is better, why not both? Or just do whichever you prefer and that's it? There's so much unnecessary salt. Live and let live, gulls, live and let live.

>>9470289
It's alright, I chuckled.
>>
>>9470293
I like memes and I think this thing is endearing but Facebook ruins everything.
>>
>>9470334
I get salty about it because one of our mods keeps telling newbies they have to wear a wig (she's also a cosplayer)
>>
>>9468034
I absolutely hate menhera
>>
>>9470301
Did you like any of the recent releases that were similar to stuff from that era? Stuff like Diner Doll and the recent polka dot release in >>9465679 and >>9465687
>>
>>9469074
Want to say I agree before putting in some of my own thoughts for people who could be all touchy about the subject.
>buy better food.
Anons, there's Romaine lettuce two heads for a dollar at my local 99 cent store. It won't break anyone's bank to eat healthy, just stop buying expensive fast food "healthy options" and Starbucks ((seriously stop buying starbucks)).
>gym
A great investment, I highly recommend it.
>save for skin removal.
Fun fact, if you lose weight naturally instead of fat surgery there's usually less skin to take off because the body reshapes with exercise and gains muscle.
>buckle down and be healthy.
Thin is alright and if that's someone's goal than by all means, but being healthy should be the only real goal. Getting enough nutrition while also exercising enough to keep off or lose pounds is the way to go. This means you must burn more calories than you put in, so even if you're on a 1600 calorie diet you have to exercise to not still gain weight.

Sorry for the rant everyone, sincerely a recovering fatty Mcfat fat.

>>9469176
Usually people desire to exercise before they're morbidly obese, thus not really having many complications other than strain from being out of shape.

>>9469945
Do yourself a solid and change them every eight hours.
>>
File: tumblr_leo6t4GUeJ1qdvieyo1_250.jpg (146KB, 250x333px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_leo6t4GUeJ1qdvieyo1_250.jpg
146KB, 250x333px
>>9470369
I love the new polkadot release! I wasn't a fan of diner doll because I don't like how ginormous the print was. I wish, if they had to keep the print that big, they left the rest of the dress just solid or very plain. Also too much mint in the print. So far I do like the new parfait print but I will hold my final judgement until I see the stock photos.

I miss yellow as a colorway, I feel like prints never come out in yellow anymore.
>>
Itabaggers are the craziest of crazies. They had two threads of drama over those stupid bags of theirs. I'm not even part of the hobby and I ended up reading the drama because it got so juicy. Anyway, the bags are ugly, I can't believe people wear that outside of cons (as bad as mall cosplay imo), and they need to chill out. The rest of us can handle itas, bad cosplayers, shitty artists, etc. in our Facebook groups.
>>
>>9470389
The drama wasn't even that bad, it was just a bunch of petty shit. Everyone in the FB group was civilized
>>
>>9470401
You guys dedicated two threads to it, dropped the FB names of a mod in one of the threads, had your Google Doc hijacked all over some fugly bags, and you're trying to say it wasn't that bad?
>>
>>9470065
....so it was because of an undetected tumor and not the actual rhinoplasty.
>>
>>9470143
I'm about 60% sure you're a troll, but do you really expect us to craft an entire identity around one hobby? I'm into target shooting, but I don't try to shoehorn guns into every aspect of my life. Hobbies aren't meant to be identities, anon, and if one thing is your entire identity, you need help. It's healthy to have more than one interest, and even more healthy to not force yourself to conform to some weird, self-imposed label.
I wish people would stop idealizing "lifestyle lolitas". For most people, it's really not sustainable, especially if your career isn't compatible with it.
>>
>>9470415
You've never actually seen good drama happening, have you?
The Itabag stuff was fairly typical as far as comm drama goes.
>>
I wish the lolita community was meaner to keep out all the obnoxious 'Lolita's should be luvelies' types as far away as possible. I also really wish we were as nasty and elitist as all the itas say we are that way we wouldn't have itas to deal with in the first place.
>>
File: 1490668996167.gif (613KB, 409x450px) Image search: [Google]
1490668996167.gif
613KB, 409x450px
>>9470415
Oh boy here we go,
>dedicated two threads to it
Man, we have entire threads here dedicated to bad cosplay and itas plus the AA threads have their fill of bad art and drama too. Salty shitstorms touch down everywhere and anywhere.It was only a matter of time before somebody fucked up and the itabag gulls decided to anonymously spill their salt too, but it's whatever the drama is done with. They cleared up the google doc so as not to confuse the newbies and cause another uproar. They're just bags

>name dropped the FB names of a mod in one of the threads, had your Google Doc hijacked all over some fugly bags

I think you're making this sound like a bigger deal than it was
It was only one pissed off seagull that name dropped, and another single gull posted a screenshot and completely misunderstood what the mod had said, which then caused the mod to out herself in the thread claiming that was not what she said and out of spite deleted the OUTDATED google doc (it's not like we couldn't just copy and paste the new one). Again, all petty shit, the groups on FB are doing fairly well and the new thread is back on track.
>>
>>9470143
I agree with you especially about wearing another fashion that reflect your style and personality but I don't think everyone should wear just one lolita style if they want to. I wear sweet and gothic lolita, goth fashion and girly retro jfashion outside of lolita.
>>
File: 20141003115530327_500.jpg (115KB, 667x500px) Image search: [Google]
20141003115530327_500.jpg
115KB, 667x500px
>>9470239
Well, you have a point there.

>>9470220
>>9470264
Disgusting, keep your kawaii garbage out of the fashion. Substyle war can't come soon enough.
>>
>>9470426
>do you really expect us to craft an entire identity around one hobby
Again, this is where you're retarded. If you're dressing goth when you have no understanding of Goth and no interest in goth things, then you're a pretentious hipster and you should consider suicide. If you need to change your interests in order to suit lolita, then you're not a lolita. This is why lolita is a shit fashion. It's nothing but spoiled rich kids trying to outdo one another. The only thing it aspires towards is popularity, it has nothing to do with self expression, and that's really shitty.

>muh hobby
Lol. That's an irreverent example and you know it. Lolita is a sub-fashion, it's not a hobby. Please stop referring to it as such.
>>
File: 1492170390478.jpg (204KB, 375x562px) Image search: [Google]
1492170390478.jpg
204KB, 375x562px
>>9470494
This fashion is about being the kawaiiest bitch of them all, sorry you're not kawaii enough
>>
>>9470194
>wunderwelt/closetchild is less of a hassle and a better deal

Definitely. Was looking for a JetJ popular print review item, and it went for as much as $600 in the Western cons. Got it on closetchild for $140, and don't have to worry about getting into a personal feud with someone if the package gets lost or there's something wrong with the item.
>>
>>9469079
>assuming I was talking about meetups
>not derpy chan and ond online activities

Never go to /cgl/ meetups, they're full of filthy crossboarding guys looking for cosplay gfs
>>
>>9470501
Or maybe they just like the color black and bat motifs. Its twenty fucking seventeen, you aren't be best lolita in the world because you know how to knit and drink nothing but the purest of tea all fucking day long.

Kamikaze girls is not real, Momoko was a bitch, get over yourself.
>>
>>9470426
Emo is just my hobby. I only dress up in Emo when I go to my Western comic book conventions desu. Emo is just my hobby, you really expect me to form an identity around my hobby? I'm too bust yelling at problematic persons on Tumblr and putting buffets out of business. Please seek help for your serious psychological illnesses oh my grewd.
>>
>>9470510
>Or maybe they just like the color black and bat motifs.
Or maybe you're just a cancerous pretentious hipster that needs a bullet in the head. Jfc, I hate people like you. Just more evidence that lolita is vapid and soulless.
>GET OVER YOURSELF?!?
No, you get over yourself. And tell your hipster friends to stop appropriating every fucking subculture because it "looks cool".
>>
>>9468236
>You just don't see most so called lolitas wearing coords that'd be acceptable for day-to-day wear.

See the ELFS group, and the cgl thread for it.

Now I'm not a speshul snowflake for safe spaces but we really DO need at least some place where we can freely post casual shit without having our fucking makeup or noses criticized.

cgl: "omg lolita is so costumey now!! Stop the wings! Lolita is dying!!"

also cgl: "ew I can't believe she's wearing this boring outfit, get a wig, shades don't match, etc."

You reap what you sow ffs.
>>
>>9470518
oh look another shit post
Don't bother with this bait pls and thank u
>>
>>9470512
Or maybe, it's more like

"Lolita is a clothing style that I like. I wear lolita because I like how it looks. In addition to lolita, I also enjoy larme style, and sometimes I wear goth, which I liked before getting into lolita. My non fashion related interests include gardening, target shooting, and video games."

Because Lolitas are capable of being multifaceted human beings.
>>
>>9468504
Honestly, just take it as the fucking complement it is. Black skin makes colors, especially pastels, pop in an amazing way. You don't really get that when you're light skinned. Also it's just a complement to your color choices of clothes/hair. Stop being salty and finding racism where it doesn't exist.
>>
>>9470194
Agree with the last to definitely
I also think taobao is a hassle.
>>
>>9470194
>OTT sweet was the peak era of lolita
it really was, and I wasn't a fan of OTT sweet.
>>
>>9470525
Taobao is a huge hassle. Maybe I'm just a dumbass but I would rather order from eBay/Aliexpress than Taobao. More buyer protection there, and I feel like it is faster. Waiting two months for a Taobao order is my worst nightmare.
>>
>>9470109
How tall is too tall for sweet?
>>
>>9470531
follow your dreams anon
>>
>>9470501
You know there are people who collect dresses without ever wearing it at all, right? It's a collector's hobby to a lot of people, whether you like it or not.
>>
>>9470366
A respectable opinion. I think a lot of menhera, things like pill motifs and bandages, are fine, but all the wrist-cutting stuff is honestly pretty tasteless. Reminds me of when emo had an edgy wrist-cutting trend in the 00s. I don't bring it up on cgl because people respond with "wehh 4chan who cares muh triggers", but a lot of people close to me have self-harmed and are very affected by seeing images of cutting so I think it's really irresponsible/unpleasant to wear stuff like that out. I guess you could argue that people have phobias of spiders and syringes and needles and those things are just as bad, but they're rarer and would just make someone scared rather than make someone reminded of harming themself.

Seems like this is a popular opinion in the West in general though, I notice most people here avoid those sorts of motifs even if cgl doesn't discuss it.
>>
>>9470549
I was addicted to cutting for 6 years and seeing self harm scars, cuts, and seeing pepole do it make me want to relapse and do it again. Self harm is serious, and I dislike seeing it as an edgy accessory.
>>
>>9470531
5'6" any taller and AP will just sit awkwardly on you.
>>
>>9470502
I'd rather die than dress like that, sorry your taste is so bad. And I can't find my "gothic lolitas with guns" images, so I have to retreat for now but just know that you're a pleb and elegance will forever be better than cringy pastel vomit.
>>
File: TS002409.png (44KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
TS002409.png
44KB, 240x240px
>>9470566
Yep, live kawaii die kawaii

Yeah run along, take your edge and go back to the dusty ass graveyard where you belong
>>
>>9470554
That's a you problem. I'm not saying get over it, but don't expect people to change their style just to make YOU comfortable. The world doesn't revolve around you.
>>
>>9470501
>then you're a pretentious hipster and you should consider suicide
Fucking careful not to cut yourself with that edge, shitlord
>>
>>9470366
Fucking same. The motifs give me the heebie-jeebies. I hope it doesn't cross over into lolita too much. Fancy Hospital was a creepy print. I hate syringes
>>
>>9470512
Bait, but this is a stupid comparison for several reasons.

There genuinely are/were emos who only wear emo to concerts for emo bands, mostly people who otherwise aged out of the fashion and werejust lowkey emo. Emo is also a very casual-looking fashion that is incredibly easy to wear every day and live the lifestyle compared to lolita, since it's essentially just converse, black/coloured skinny jeans, belts, hoodies, T-shirts and a bit of eyeliner. It only becomes an issue once you have a job, since it's TOO casual, which is part of why the main people wearing it have always been teenagers. It's also centred around music rather than a checklist of emo-appropriate activities like you're proposing for lolita. Meanwhile lolita isn't appropriate/allowed in most schools or and the majority jobs so the only way for most people to be a lifestyler is to be a NEET. They're apples and oranges.
>>
>>9470531
I'm OP and I was thinking maybe 5'7"-5'8" max. 5'6" is the tallest that can get away with it but desu the ideal height is 5'0"-5'3". I'm 5'4" and I feel too tall in a lot of AP because it ends up well above the knee.
>>
>>9470580
Those weren't syringes on Fancy Hospital, they were thermometers that looked like syringes from a distance.
>>
>>9470181
I guess they also don't know that detergents (in general ) don't actually kill germs... they are used for stains..the foaming helps remove some germs but, does not disinfect ( it similar to how most hand soap in that unless it says anti-bacterial it is not antibacterial ). There are things that you can add in to your wash to kill germs though ...
>>
>>9470604
Wash at a higher temperature then, I was delicates lower but whites (i.e. underwear) and sheets on 60 for that reason. Add laundry disinfectant or white vinegar if you really want to.
>>
This will sound stupid as hell, but I really don't like it when people coordinate their shoe color with the color of their socks/tights. It just never sits right with me. So like black tights and black shoes.
>>
>>9470619
I sometimes dislike this with other colours but black and black is always fine by me. And what about white? Do you just think people shouldn't wear white shoes? Legwear that's darker than your shoes always looks weird as hell IMO.
>>
File: IMG_1202.jpg (88KB, 280x373px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1202.jpg
88KB, 280x373px
>>9469509
>Brolitas are gross unless they are trans, in which case they are technically girls and just lolitas.

Japan and the visual kei scene would beg to differ.
Also, no, they aren't technically girls, they're men. You can't change your gender.
>>
>>9470609
Yup! these are some of the things that can be done.
What I was trying to say is that clothing from anywhere and everywhere can be gross if you don't know how detergent works. If you know, it shouldn't be an issue I am not saying I agree with buying second hand normie undies but things that don't touch certain parts directly are fine.
>>
>>9470586
Okay, well that makes the print a lot less creepy to me. I still am not a huge fan of medical prints in general, but as long as needles/syringes are never in the mix, there's a chance medical-themed prints could grow on me.
>>
>>9470642
/pol/ please leave
>>
>>9470584
*(5'0"-5'3" is the ideal height for AP, if you're wearing Baby/Meta/sweet IW taller is OK)
>>
>>9470376
I liked Diner Doll and am excited to see if AP release any more nostalgic prints, although I'm a little sad because mint was my favourite colourway of Diner Doll and I look like shit in mint. I would also kill for regular releases of stuff in chocolate jacquard fabric again.

Yellow does seem to be dying out, but the only yellow print I ever liked was Honey Cake so I don't really mind. I feel like lavender has fully replaced black as well but I wasn't a big fan of bittersweet either.
>>
>cgl has no idea what toned-down means

>nitpicks don't matter much in real life - something about seeing the person IRL and recognising that they're a nice human makes me less mad (usually)

>I think ita threads are stupid and pointlessly harsh so I never browse them, but in person I have no tolerance for itas - I hate even having to speak to itas at meets and having even one around can ruin the whole atmosphere. I guess I hate ita coords so much that I can't even enjoy mocking them.

>I like well-executed creative coords but I honestly think "the rules" are what made lolita as long-lasting and great as it is. Styles like steampunk that require effort but don't have rules end up looking like shit 99% of the time because most people can't put good stuff together without spoonfeeding.
>>
Larme only looks good on petite, baby faced girls.

Also the larme community is a pointless attempt by westerners to make it as formulaic as Lolita. It's a much more varied fashion with fewer rules. Also it lacks any subculture elements - having a larme meetup would be kind of ridiculous if you ask me.
>>
>>9470702
Larme meetups look ridiculous to me, imo. I also never understood the point of having a gyaru circle in the west in 2017. They seem like a really outdated concept when flip phones and blogging was a big thing.
>>
File: HoMM - child support.png (646KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
HoMM - child support.png
646KB, 800x600px
>>9468174
11/10 would cosplay Sandro
>>
>>9470109
Definitely agree about more natural hair and makeup, but desu if nobody's gonna see it I'm gonna wear underarmor as bloomers and be comfy. Life is too short.
>>
>>9470721
Tbh at least that's a form of underwear, I was thinking of a girl in my comm who apparently wears denim shorts instead of bloomers when I posted. It sounds so fucking uncomfortable.
>>
File: tumblr_nvq3npLoK51qj816fo1_500.png (244KB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nvq3npLoK51qj816fo1_500.png
244KB, 500x364px
I dislike most larme but I really appreciate that it's made brown and pink-toned make-up with brown hair popular again, since that's what naturally suits me and goes brilliantly with my colouring, much better than the ubiquitous black liner and mascara in Western fashion. I just don't like the pouty lips and tone down the blush a bit. Kind of a pain that people sometimes assume I'm trying to "do" larme when I wear a girly normie outfit eyeshadow in colours that suit me (one time someone told me I was doing larme wrong when I wasn't wearing larme), but it's a small price to pay.
>>
Lolita looks bad on fatasses when it doesn't fit, but it also looks bad on skellychans where the dress is hanging off and is clearly too big.
>>
>>9470689
Basic genetics and science is /pol/ now? Man, /cgl/ really is fucked.

If you start saying men can be women too, you diminish what it means to be a woman. That, to me, is more misogynist than anything.

So let men crossdress as art, stop trying to make it a sexual thing.
>>
>>9469759
We're you and your friends in Virginia?
I hung out with a small group of girls who thought the same thing.
>>
>>9468130
agree
>>9469067
this is the 2edgy4you attitude I hate the most. I don't know about you, but I don't see much people complaining about people's weight as much as the old cgl did. There's a difference between just going into a drama site and interacting 24/7 than being here. Here at least we have some helpful threads.
>>
>>9469074
6edge12you
>>
>>9470874
Clothes look best when they fit, who woulda thunk?
>>
>>9469080
do you even crossboard anon
do you
>>
>>9469131
I fucking hate otherkins and how they think they own a piece of fiction that wasn't even invented for them in the first place.
>>
COF needs to ban costume shit like props, wings, giant head props, etc.
>>
>>9470906
this, this so much. Those costumey things should be fucking banned.
>>
>>9470906
Agreed, I think holidays could be an understandable exception.
>>
>>9470881
No, but apparently teenagers forcing themselves to believe they're witches is a weirdly common phenomenon. Bob's Burgers even had an episode making fun of it.
>>
>>9470894
i agree 100%
>>
>>9470689
I'm pretty chill with the idea of biological men identifying as women if they want, but they are "technically" men. I don't think it's /pol/ to acknowledge that if you were born with a penis, you are technically a man.
>>
Gothic is the worst lolita style
>>
>>9470554
i still self-harm, and i dont give a shit if people use it as an accessory.
>>
>>9470583
this
>>
>>9470554
That's your problem, sort it out.
>>
>>9470573
>defending it
That's super weird but alright I guess whatever floats ur boat
>>
>9470925

Congratulation you have trolled me successfully.

I'm still not going to give you a (you)
>>
I think Risa looks ugly as fuck and I hate larme. I wish she would stop modeling for lolita brands because I don't like her look for it at all.
>>
>>9470371
I'm definitely not disagreeing with anything but I'm incredibly jealous of you being able to buy Romaine lettuce for $1, it's $3-4 for the same amount at all of the grocery stores in my area :(
>>
>>9470949
Some people find comfort in owning self harm as a fashion to conquer it, some people avoid it like the plague like quitting cigarettes, and others whine about how people deal with their demons.
>>
>>9470995
Look up Emily LeRae Smith and come back to me
>>
>>9470987
agree 100%. Really can't stand Risa and her pouty unmoving face.
>>
>>9470999
And she has what to do with menhera?
>>
>>9470742
Ngl, when all my bloomers are in the wash I resort to regular shorts too, it's not particularly uncomfortable as I use ones made from fairly thin material. I wear them with regular dresses too to prevent embarrassment when it's windy for example.
For Lolita I do prefer bloomers though and need to invest in some more pairs.
>>
Outside of ott sweet coords I've never seen the appeal of print dresses. Even if done well, they just look cheap compared to solid dresses where the focus and money is put into the fabric choice or the lace.
>>
>>9469780
Yes, they are less popular but Moitie has always been super slow to release and to sell out. Source: have been buying Moitie for over 10 years. Lots of physical stores are shutting down, it sucks but it's not just Moitie.

>how many Moitie trends do you see as extremely popular new releases like ten years ago?

What are you even trying to say?
>>
>>9468038
How is that even an unpopular opinoon? It's completely sold out, outside a few for the black colorway. Everyone wanted it, despite /cgl/ minority, salty opinion.
>>
>>9468107
If it ended at just cosplaying, I would agree with you. There's plenty of sexy characters and there's people who want to cosplay them.

It unfortunately goes into cosplay "boudoir" (just shitty wigs and underwear), patreon for nudes, and actual prostitution. I see a lot of young girls doing this more and more and I think it's dangerous to get into. They're thinking this will support them in the long run and not learning actual skills for either work or their actual cosplay. I just hate the sugar baby patreon culture that's popped up in the past few years.
>>
>>9468221
Do you have any concept of fashion? It can be runway fashion, which looks very costume-like, or casual street fashion. Just because it offends your narrow normie tastes doesn't mean it's not clothing to be worn outside in various situations. I think you need to learn more about alternative fashion.
>>
Angelic Pretty's bloodbaths were the best and I'm glad they are coming back.
The thrill getting up at 4 am and the feeling of victory when you managed to get your dress really were something.
Also, I love being able to sell my dress for retail if I don't end up liking it.

Easy shopping and sales are for the weak.
>>
>>9471202
I live and work in NYC. I am in the fashion district at least weekly for work. Do you really think people dress like that daily? Even on college campuses no one dresses like Lolita, you would get stares HERE in the media capital of the world.
>>
>>9468221
Newfag detected
>>
>>9470913
>Power
>Magic
>Not fairy pink puke
>Goth without being depressive

Yeah, makes sense for the outliers.
>>
>>9471229
That's the thing with alternative fashion though, not everyone wears it so it's uncommon and jarring to look at when you do come across it on a regular day. Just because you don't run in to lolitas regularly doesn't mean it's a costume.
>>
>>9471271
I'm guilty of it when I was like 13, but I feel like for a lot of kids it's trying to find something bigger to belong to. 'Well I don't fit in anywhere, so I'll REALLY not fit in and be a part of this fringe community'
>>
>>9468470
Someone crit gays and you brought in others (muh blacks). What does that have to do with what >>9468388. The reason why blacks & trans are encouraged is because of people like you. You guts single out blacks for nit pick concrit. Even if a black girl is dress great she us still called an ita because a lot of white and white hispanics dont think poc belong in lolita. So they give them praise because they know they are about to be picked on. Just like you did with that comnent. Another reason why this blackwoman wont fellowship online. You guys need to make a "whites online" banner. Some poc will have to make a black lolita group inorder to be treated equally. I dont mind. Lolita isnt a job so if im not wanted on cgl or discord then fine. It bothers others. Thats why those idiots keep going to meets posting pics. The first time my com members post me to ita for simply being black i'm leaving. These idiots stay and try to convince y'all they are ok. Heartbreaking.
>>9468504
They are trying to help you. It took courage to post. You probably looked like garbage. If you liked good someone would mentioned the print. Although I think you maybe samefag>>9468470.
>>9469010
I hate that. Especially when they stretch the pic.
>>9469044
Thats a popular opinion. But you knew that. None of you guys what to take a pic with a black wolverine. Some people black, white, tall, short just want to pretend. Everything is not about instagram.
>>
>>9470524
Lol classic

>be happy with what we give you!

No, not all darker skin looks good with pastels. There's some shit black Lolita's I've seen who got babied simply cause they're black and no one wants to offend. It isn't "finding racism", so stop with that derailment, I only hear that phrase when people get tired of black people talking about issues. It's calling out certain people who think they're doing a service by only mentioning skin tone as a plus in a coord, which is dumb to ONLY compliment that. You can use the right colors for your skin tone and still out together a bad coord.
>>
>>9471281
Nah anon, I looked good. People dd comment on how well I did my coord. SJWs were the one who went right off the bat with skin tone. Also, not samefag so you can miss me with that speculation.
>>
>>9470604
I thought anti-bacterial soap was a scam and that manufacturers had to stop labeling it that way because the added antibacterial properties did nothing, and that just hand washing with normal soap kills most germs fine?

https://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm378393.htm
>>
>>9471229
Just because you don't see or know anyone who wears it daily doesn't mean people don't. I've known a shit ton of girls who wear it daily and I see lolitas in the street every now and then. I live in SF where no one bats an eyelash at weirdly dressed people, especially lolita since you see much stranger outfits all the time here.
>>
>>9470109
>I'd rather attend a meet with an SJW than an edgelord
That's not unpopular here at all. The only thing most seagulls hate more than a rabid SJW is an edgelord.
>>
>>9470389
I think itabags can be well done and I've seen a few that are, but in general they're living up to the word ita pretty well.
>>
>>9470562
>>9470531
It depends entirely on the piece. I'm 5'7 and the more traditional cupcake cuts look fine on me, especially the stuff from after 2010 because it starts to get much longer, I've seen girls as tall as 5'10 wear pieces like Holy Lantern, Chess Chocolate, or Diner Doll and look okay. Even Twinkle Mermaid isn't too too short for me and it's one of the shorter of the cupcake style dresses (you couldn't get more than like an inch taller than me for it, though) but anything empire waist is the devil and if you're over 5'4 you should avoid it like an Ebola infested village. Also avoid more juvenile looking OPs and try to stick with the less childish color ways on super sweet prints. For example, if you wanna get something like Sugary Carnival, stick to black or lavender because the taller you are, the weirder the pink or sax is going to look on you.
>>
>>9471275
I think I kinda went down a third path.
I didn't fit in with the freaks or the normal people.
I just existed in my own lonely little world.
>A very internet based perverted world, but still.

Yeah, alot of people want to be a part of something bigger, and eventually people either find that thing, realize they don't want that, or are stuck to deep in a hole they want out of.
>>
>>9469010
A lot of times it's done for instagram to make the picture square without cropping anything out
>>
>>9470531
I'm 5'8" and I wear all lolita styles, including AP sweet.
> Choose JSKs with ajustable straps
> Or JSKs with straps that fasten with buttons. You can wear them halter-style or get a strap extender made for you (those who who button on, you don't have to alter the dress itself at all). That way you can get the dress to sit where it's supposed to on the natural waist, it will be more figure-flattering and longer.
> Avoid OPs and high-waist/empire waist JSKs
> On underskirts: Most golden era AP cupcake cotton dresses look like shit with a modern undershirt, but chiffon pieces or those with a plain ruffle at the bottom are easier to wear with an underskirt. The underskirt has to reference the original fabric and if it's a longer one, it should be more detailed.
> Look at the dress length before buying.
> Wear long OTKs or thighs. No UTKs or OTKs that fits like UTKs. Having a foot of leg showing isn't cute, unless it's with ankle socks.
Sorry about the wall of text.
>>
latex cosplay is no more of a fetish cosplay than literally any other cosplay. Its not "a violation of consent" to see someone cosplay something that revolves around their fetish.
>>
Unpopular opinion:
Band tees, chucks, and battle jackets look good in the punk sub-style of Lolita simply because everyone loses their minds when people do it. It's the essence of what punk is all about.

>>9470992
Still better than Wendy's salad prices. Curiosity in me wants to know if you're in a large city. It seems to be more expensive than more rural areas.
>>
I think white people can do "blackface" for cosplay as long as the makeup looks good. However, this happens very rarely because the common person is utterly terrible at makeup
>>
>>9471834
>Its not "a violation of consent" to see someone cosplay something that revolves around their fetish
that entirely depends around the fetish and how far they go with it imo
>>
>>9471901
This. I don't think there's anything wrong with darkening your skin for a cosplay as long as you do it right (using realistic colors, contouring with good colors, etc.)
The issue is that a lot of people don't know how to work with colors outside of their skintone and don't really research it.
>>
>>9471607
I'm only 5'5 . Thanks for tge advice.
>>
>>9471950
ding ding winner
>>
>>9471901
This but once again, SJWs and sensitive bitches ruined it because "weeeh so offensive" even if it's not mockery of any kind.
Fuck that social justice bullshit, nowadays you can't do anything without being said "umm that's problematic sweetie :)"
I really miss the older days, there were fewer of them and most people used to call them crazy and laugh at them
>>
I dislike these threads most of the time.
>>
>>9471463
Thanks for the info!
Never saw this thanks !
I will have to look into this a bit more...
>>
>>9471463
sorry I linked the wrong one ..
>>
>>9470604
Thanks for the info!
Never saw this thanks !
I will have to look into this a bit more...
>>
>>9470554
I think this is a real issue, but on the other hand... I love menhera because I lived in a medicated fantasyland for a long time and wearing it is a fuck you to that part of my life. The cutting stuff is a reference to my own history. I don't think that means "only cutters can wear menhera" but both sides are valid to a degree.
>>
/pol has invaded cgl. Dont be folled.
>>
>>9472191
damn you're extra
>>
>>9470480
eh I kinda agree, it'd be nice to find a way to filter out all the shit people but I don't think lolitas even have to be meaner, most of the time their only trying to give friendly/gentle critique and that alone gets the entire community pushed into all of them are elitists and rich snobs because they didn't like my ugly bodyline coord!!1!! or my handmade skirt that I made from $60 worth of cheap Joanns fabric!!1!
>>
>>9470554
Not everyone wears it an an edgy accessory. I'm a cutter and menhera helps me express those feelings without actually hurting myself. I've had maybe two relapses in a year and a half after doing it almost every week.
>>
>>9473097
Sorry anon, you're not allowed to use it as expression because it bothers other people.
>>
New thread
>>9473104
>>
File: IMG_4390.jpg (86KB, 629x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4390.jpg
86KB, 629x800px
>>9472552
>$60 worth of cheap joanns fabric
>>
>>9472191
I think there's nothing conceptually wrong with darkening your skin for a character, but to dismiss people who don't think it's okay as SJW is either really edgy teenager or proof of lack of knowledge on the subject. You can't just pretend the horrible history behind it never happened. That's like the people who don't get why you shouldn't draw swastikas on things because WWII was "so long ago" and it was originally a Hindu symbol. That's nice, but it doesn't change the historical context of which that symbol was used and you can't blame people for assuming you're a Nazi if you put it on things. Just like you can't blame people for thinking you're racist (or at the very least extremely ignorant) for darkening your skin for a costume.
>>
>>9473121
Agreed, while I understand the a lot of cosplayers mean no harm in darkening skin for a certain character, it still doesn't sit will with the majority of people and it kind of rubs me the wrong way as well. It just seems a bit unnecessary and you would know full well the kind of issues that it would cause, it's almost like you're asking for trouble by doing it. And being able to put on a person's darker skin tone without dealing with the shit they put up with because of their skin tone, then just being able to take it off is a bit disrespectful and tacky, I guess. Like you said, it's pretty silly of someone to ignore and disregard criticism for doing darker makeup because 'hurdur libtard'.
>>
>>9473130
>>9473121
This to both of these
>>
>>9472520
>I miss the olden days where I can be offensive without being called out.

Now SJWs do take it too far most of the time, but there are a few things I do agree on when they call people out on their shit.
Don't confuse that with not being allowed to be a horrible person like you want.
>>
>>9470176

why wouldnt you be worried about nasolabial folds? shit's ugly as fuck. that's my unpopular opinion, glad i dont have some. (maybe i will when im much older but im enjoying myself for the time being).

if people pick on ugly itas and fatties on cgl im pretty sure i can scroll through lolcow for about 10 minutes a day and occasionally point out someone's awful behavior
>>
>>9473169
>nasolabial fold??
>think it's some crazy nose looking vagina mutation
>normal face shit

Lmao wut
>>
>>9473169
People are normally born with them. It's like worrying about being 5'10" and too tall for anything, or having broad shoulders. There's not a damn thing you can change. You can minimize them in photos by getting facial poses and proper lighting down. Otherwise, fuck it.

Most of us aren't on here to be beauty queens or fashion models. We just like wearing weird ruffly clothes and often with other people who also enjoy it.
>>
>>9473121
>to dismiss people who don't think it's okay as SJW is either really edgy teenager or proof of lack of knowledge on the subject.
Why? These people clearly lack an appreciation for context and the ability to think critically.
>>
>>9473262
The fuck do you live where blackface for costumes being in poor taste isn't a mainstream opinion among the majority of the adult population, not just young SJWs?
>>
>>9473270
Anecdotally, most people here are fine with the act itself and only consider it poor taste because there do exist some people who are upset by it. My comment was referring to the people whom it upsets.
>>
>>9473181
Same. Or some crazy nose shit.
>>
Maybe I'm too new to cgl, but is this a common thing? The current Britfag thread on here seems to really hate lolitas.
>>
>>9473270
Not that anon, but I never heard of blackface until I came to the US. Apparently it's a major issue in the US?
>>
>>9474358
I wouldn't take anything in the Britfag thread seriously really.
>>
>If you do blackface, you're racist.
>If you don't do blackface, you're also racist because of white washing.
So, what's the right thing to do? Not to cosplay the character you like because someone on the internet will be offended? You're gonna be told racist eitherway, so I'll go for blackface, at least you'll be faithful to the original character.
>>
>>9470913
Isn't it some kind of chuunibyou?
I thought i was a secret magical girl angel that could talk to cats when I was 14. Still cringing at it
>>
>>9474571
congrats, you finally figured out that everyone will always be angry so you shouldn't care unless you feel it also hurts your own morals and sensibilities
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.