[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lolita General - Scotland edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 339
Thread images: 32

Last thread: >>9456532

Previously in Lolita General:
>Physical Drop reaches out to us
>new group for daily coords
>repeating subjects from the last thread
>Meta is (not) copying AP
>SS for fril
>low and high-waisted cuts
>jfashion capital of Europe is no more
>why are your boyfriends ugly
>lolibrary still under construction
>a lot of normies judge us for how we dress
>new AP release
>gothic platforms
>wearing lolita to a concert
>remembering print names
>20s style lolita

I thought I didn't have time for cgl but here I am. What brings you to cgl?
>>
Reposting my question from the last thread
Are there good, up-to-date resources for lolita in Spanish? I googled but I kind of hate what I found. I could make a guide but I don't want to do unnecessary work.
>>
>>9463990
Why Scotland edition? Both comma are dead!
>>
>>9464000
Because I love Scotland and I got to choose
>>
Stop appropriating Japanese culture.
>>
>>9464003
You remind me it's about time for a new kimono thread
>>
>>9464000
The main and original one seems pretty active to me but then again the one for the highlands and Edinburgh are pretty much dead. So I guess you are talking about those two.
>>
>>9463990
This board has a huge influence on the hobbies/trends I pick up. Came here with an interest in lolita fashion, evolved into a love of jfashion in general and a desire to build my wardrobe purposefully. Now I have a decently sized (~40 main pieces) lolita wardrobe and modest nanchatte and larme kei wardrobes. Itabagging is fun as fuck, too. I'm even planning to start cosplaying when I have the money to add another expensive hobby in.

I learn a lot fast browsing cgl. The board culture sucks, but it's easy enough to get used to and it's a treasure trove of information. On other sites, there's a lot more misinformation because shit goes unchallenged out of politeness.

I also like that I can share my latest purchases without being price-shamed by normies. Which is probably a bad thing because retail therapy is no way to deal with feelings, but eh. That's why I embrace anonymity here.
>>
>>9464006
Yeah, no meets for weeks on end. I feel it has to do with the death of Lolita in general.
>>
>>9464009
Are you a Scottish Lolita? Maybe the comm just needs some active members who organise stuff. Was it ever very active tough? Some countries aren't big enough to have an active comm (Belgium). I have met a couple Scottish lolitas and they weren't in a comm,but sometimes visit big events in London and other countries.
>>
>>9464008
> Which is probably a bad thing because retail therapy is no way to deal with feelings
Tell me more about this. It seems that a lot of gulls buy stuff when they feel bad (sometimes even in a compulsory way). With which kind of feeling it helps you deal with? How does purchasing makes you feel like?
>>
>>9464027
Nayrt but online shopping gives me something exciting to look forward to. Waking up to the mailman delivering a big box of brand or GLBs is fun, and so is unboxing and admiring the things I got. Plus, knowing I have a package coming in the mail stops my suicidal thoughts because I'd feel bad if my family got something in the mail addressed to me after I killed myself.
>>
>>9464009
>the death of Lolita in general

lol
>>
>>9464031
I want to write a novel about that. A Scottish girl named Lolita died right here, in the general.
>>
I'm a bit out of the loop, but what's up with lolibrary? I know they were updating because of server issues but why did they change the layout of the whole website? I really liked discovering older stuff by browsing by year and I can't find a way to do that now. It just looks very cluttered. The old layout was fine, why didn't they keep it and just make it more reliable?
>>
>>9463990
I sorry to ask such a spoon feedy question, but where can I find physical drop? Almost every combination of things I google comes up with liked: "price drop!!" "massive sale!!" "drop ship business sale!!" or nothing but Pintrest.
>I know, I'm an idiot
>>
>>9464039
They brought it up partially so people can use it, otherwise it would have been down still. They're still working on it mind you, this isn't permanent. It's a bit uncomfortable to browse now but better than not having it at all imo.
>>
>>9464041
I don't know if they have their own website but you can find some of their stuff on Wunderwelt Fleur.
>>
>>9464039
You can still browse by year, just type it in the search bar
>>
>>9464009
>the death of Lolita in general.

This really bugs me. I read about the decline of lolita fashion once every week.
But why do so many idiots spout this shit?

Brand open more stores, release more, there are more people posting every week.
Sorry lj is dead and you don't like facebook.
Sorry comms are now dead and everything is online now.
Sorry physical shops close, because online shops are the thing now.

Lolita is not dead, it is just changing. Like, just look at decora or fairy-kei, lolita is a fashion that survives.
>>
>>9464041
Atelier Pierrot stocks PD
>>
>>9464053
People have been saying it's dead since I started in 2009. Some people don't think the fashion exists outside of their local bubble.
>>
>>9464050
I had no idea! I'll try this, thank you.
>>
>>9464058
I'm pretty sure there's a post on EGL about how the fashion is totally dying from 2006.
It sucks that magazines stop print productions and stores close but people are quick to panic, the fashion won't die as long as you support the brands you love and actually wear said fashion. And I'm looking forward to the online version of KERA, personally.
>>
>>9464009
I'll believe lolita is dying when I can buy Honey Cake and Misty Sky for $200
>>
WUNDERWELT is DOWN!
>>
>>9464041
Like with any Japanese brand, add jp to your search when you google them
>>
>>9464091
What?????
>>
>>9464053
>Sorry comms are now dead and everything is online now.
Only this is not true, my comm is more active than ever now, with loads of weebs who wear lolita once every other month instead of actual lolitas.
>>
>>9464027
I usually buy when I'm overwhelmed. To relax, I jump on my computer and do something mundane like browse stores/auctions. When I'm overwhelmed-that can be stressed and wanting to treat myself, or happy but wanting to maintain that happy feeling-I will actually make a purchase. I'd like to clarify that the vast majority of my lolita wardrobe is bought secondhand, which isn't the case for everyone.

For me, lolita fashion is especially effective for retail therapy because there's the excitement of getting a) rare/sought after pieces and/or b) great deals on the secondhand market. It's like a low-energy treasure hunt because I can just click through pages of auctions without much thought, then grow excited when I find something good.

Most of the time, the 'therapy' part is just browsing auctions, picking items, and adding things I'm seriously considering to my cart. It's calming.

I curate my cart when I finally decide to place an order. I place orders months apart now, but at my lowest point as a student with a full-time job, I'd have multiple dresses on my way each month. Purchasing curated orders feels pretty good, but it's sometimes tempered by feelings of guilt. Ordering overseas encourages you to order more at once and to be thoughtful about what you order. I can't imagine just picking something to buy and deciding to buy it 30 minutes later online, even when it comes to Amazon. I'm a very careful and indecisive shopper, which is part of why I don't like going to malls where I feel pressure, by virtue of being there, to decide to purchase something quickly.

The biggest rush is getting a unique item (like a print from 2013) that you know someone might be rushing to buy at the same time. I remember the first time I was in a bidding war, my heart was pounding. I felt so elated when I won.

Finally, sharing what you bought feels good because you put work into curating that order/finding that piece, and people backing your decision to buy curbs the guilt.
>>
>>9464110
>weebs who wear lolita once every other month instead of actual lolitas.
That's pretty sad though
>>
>>9464124
But there are more of them, and the common definition of a lolita is someone who owns and wears at least 1 coord.
>>
>>9464091
I can get onto it just fine, maybe it's an issue in your end?
>>
>>9464127
Maybe it's a sneaky way of marketing
>>
>>9464126
A community full of people who wear one or two coords to meetups or cons is still pretty sad, more like a cosplay comm than a fashion comm.
>>
>>9464129
Could be, I definitely went to check and then saw something I wanted lol
>>
>>9464124
>>9464147

It's worked out fine for my comm. The flakes eventually get bored and leave -- but they'll sell their stuff first, with free/cheap local shipping. The ones that stay do tend to roll deeper and deeper into lolita, and there's the one odd one that started out a meido and is now a lifestyle lolita who goes grocery shopping and cuts hair in burando.

Sometimes just people need a little more time to work out what they want out of lolita.
>>
>>9464176
That's true, it's great that it turned out so well for your comm!
>>
Good news, the GLB team/editor are/is planning to release a new magazine tentatively called Melt, starting in autumn (if I remember correctly). They took snaps for it at Neo a la carte today.
>>
>>9464199
Oh! Do you have more information, anon? Any preview pics?
>>
>>9464199
I want it to do well, Eternita hasn't even released a second volume and most of you probably have not bought the first issue. If only Eternita had patterns I would love it more than GLB.
>>
>>9464205
Sorry, I just know what was written on the sheet you fill out when they take your photo, I don't think there is any other info on this yet. Let's hope they actually make it happen.
>>
>>9464003
Tell them to stop opening stores in America, then.
>>
>>9464199
hope they will have patterns too!
>>
>>9464003
>Entire fashion based on european victorian and rococo clothing
>"Stop appropriating Japanese culture."

Something isn't right here
>>
I recently acquired a pair of Moitie platforms, and they're really awesome, and seem barely worn. However there's some hairline cracking on the pleather in the places the shoe catches on when you're putting them on (like the side of the heel). I'm not sure how old these are, so I worry about that cracking happening anywhere the material is strained. What can I do to prevent that? Would Shoe Goo-ing them help?
>>
File: sim.jpg (16KB, 417x313px) Image search: [Google]
sim.jpg
16KB, 417x313px
Is it worth it to buy brand (Baby, AaTP) boater hats?
They look kind of cheap and Taobao-y, but I can't get myself to trust eBay hats, which may not look like their stock photos.
>>
>>9464176
The noobs at my comm get super greedy and start selling their Taobao dresses for brand new prices (250 usd for a 100 usd dress).

Our comm has the same problem of only-con-Lolitas, but it happens to be those who are more willing to spend in a full coord, research, try to be different, compared to the Lolitas at heart who have to shoehorn offbrand to pass, and end up leaving Lolita because they just don't wear it anymore
The Conlitas at least keep the collectionist mood
>>
>>9464009
Your comm's inability to get your shit together has nothing to do with the death of lolita fashion, jfc.
>>
>>9464208
Eternia does have patterns...
>>
File: IMG_6118.png (55KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6118.png
55KB, 640x1136px
I know how AP New Years lucky packs work but I've never bought a lucky pack of any kind. I've been following the AP blogs lately and want to know more about the smaller packs listed in pic related.

Mostly I'd like to know: Are these packs filled with new items made just for the packs or with overstock (or both)?
>>
>>9464368

Someone in my comm attempted that, too, but it was an old-time lolita selling off dresses that were popular 6 years ago... at prices from 6 years ago, too. Think Dreaming Macaron of Wonder Party dresses for $500.

No idea what happened to the dresses since none of us bought them, she didn't lower the prices, and doesn't come to meetups anymore. I guess it's possible she eventually came to her senses and sold them at a much lower price to someone else. Or maybe they're sitting in her basement somewhere, idk.
>>
>>9464384

If AP's lucky packs have items that were made for the packs, AP will advertise it. Even at their most secretive they teased a blanked out dress silhoutte a few weeks before, then revealed the print a few days before the special sets went on sale.

Everything else that doesn't have the print advertised has always been just leftover stock.
>>
>>9464039
Because that's not how software works. Sometimes it's easier and better to start over than deal with a monstrosity of code trying to make it more efficient. Consider the fact that technology has advanced in the 5-10 years that they've had lolibrary and there are more efficient ways of dealing with large amounts of traffic and data.
>>
>>9464009
It's exam season, if your comm is anything like mine in England it might just be hard to drum up interest because all the students and high schoolers are busy right now.
>>
>>9464362
Yes! Just make sure they fit. I also have some axes femme hats which are slightly cheaper I think.
>>
>>9464378
Wtf, mine doesn't, just tutorials
>>
>>9464077
This and melty ribbon. I appreciate that non-print is going for catastrophically low prices now but damn, print/popular pieces are still doing just fine.
>>
>>9464362
They mostly use the same base as offbrand hats, but the decorations are higher quality. I like brand hats made of felt but the straw ones aren't anything special.
>>
>>9464457
Try looking at Japanese sellers pics to get a better idea of what they look like IRL - some seem really nice. Pic related, nice boater I missed out on on auctions lately.

I really want to buy a hat base to deco but I want to find one in person to see how it looks on me and if the colour's okay, and there's nowhere here I could do that. Taobao sellers like Haruhiclover are less cheap than they seem because they're bulky to ship.
>>
>>9464077
technically now is your chance to get misty sky for a reasonable price.
>>
While we're talking about hats, does anyone have experience making removable/replaceable hat bands? I know the easiest way to add/change the band on a hat is to hot glue it on, but then I'd be stuck with that design forever, and having multiple hats with the same base would take a lot of space to store.

I'm thinking of buying one of those cheap black straw hats for summer, since I could use it with my normie goth wardrobe too, and making the following:
>simple black velvet hat band
>black satin hat band with black silk flowers attached
>black grosgrain/petersham ribbon hat band with bow and tails
>removable veil (not sure how to attach this)

What I'm worried about is that an elasticated band wouldn't stay on since the design of the hat is quite round (most tutorials I see are for more cylindrical hats like boater hats or top hats), or would warp the hat because the material isn't stiff enough. Would pinning it on be the best solution? I don't want to end up getting scratched by pins while I'm wearing it. I'm also not sure if this style of hat would look like shit for lolita unless I decorated the brim with lace or something, but that seems impossible to do in a non-permanent way.

I expected there to be tutorials on this for goths but I couldn't find any through Google.
>>
>>9464484

I would just hotglue/sew velcro or snaps on the hat, and hotglue/sew matching velcro/snaps on the undersides of the hat bands to match. Ditto the veil.

Full disclosure: Have not actually tried this.
>>
File: te.png (516KB, 910x560px) Image search: [Google]
te.png
516KB, 910x560px
What do you think of having a doll or stuffed animal when you're wearing lolita?
>>
>>9464495
Cute for photoshoots, but cringe in public imo
Stuffed animal rucksacks and purses seem better cause they serve a purpose
>>
>>9464499
Why is it cringe in public, since when does anything in lolita need to be functional to make it less cringy?
>>
>>9464495
With >>9464499 on cute in photoshoots, large lolita-only events or even at cons (cons often sell plushies etc so people are often carrying them around), but something I'd be embarrassed to see someone with at a meet or alone. Unfortunately in the West they're always going to be associated with ageplay, and even if you don't care about the public's reactions to yourself, I genuinely think you're causing problems for other lolitas in your area if you carry a teddy bear around when you wear lolita. They're so cute in oldschool but it's just not something I'd ever do.
>>
>>9464120
Anon have you thought about talking to someone about it?
>>
>>9464505
>Unfortunately in the West they're always going to be associated with ageplay
why are you assuming Western normies are more likely to know about ageplay than Japanese normies?
>>
>>9464505
The normie public does not know nor care about ageplay
>>
>>9464521
>>9464523
They don't know the word ageplay, but they know that people do weird sex things and they assume that you are pretending to be a kid either because of some weird sex thing (like people's perceptions of the book Lolita) or because you are diagnosably mentally retarded. Neither are flattering.
>>
>>9464528
but the type of people who would think that, already think that because you are wearing lolita
>>
>>9464533
And the fact that you are carrying a stuffed animal will mean that you can never persuade them otherwise, whereas usually a conversation or a few witty retorts ("Haha, when was the last time you saw a kid wearing clothes like this? I just like pink.") is enough to convince most people that you're not a niche prostitute.
>>
>>9464533
Pretty sure that most people aren't going to think a girl in a black oldschool JSK and white blouse or toned-down sweet is pretending to be a kid, but seeing the same girl with a stuffed animal they'll make the connection. I mean, maybe if you're already wearing Dreamy Baby Room with the bonnet or something, but although people assuming you're dressed as a kid is a common problem for lolitas, it's usually only a minority of the people that you interact with that day who will think that. Carry a teddy bear and you guarantee that near-100% of the people you interact with will think that.
>>
File: 1487707774931.jpg (12KB, 204x162px) Image search: [Google]
1487707774931.jpg
12KB, 204x162px
>>9464077
RIGHT
>>
>>9464492
>>9464484
I've done this with Velcro on the hat and the various ribbons and it works, just make sure to get small pieces of Velcro so it's not visible through the ribbons. Snaps could work too but I haven't tried it
>>
>>9464009
>small country without many active lolitas, even less regularly attend meets
>had drama so half the comm won't speak to each other, making large events impossible
>comm split in 2, now both comms get even less attendees at an average meet
>one comm is so strict newbies basically aren't allowed in
>other comm hasn't reviewed their members in years so the fb group is full of randoms
>many regulars have already been friends years and don't actually need to meets to hang out, so they get lazy about organizing and attending events
>oldfags leave and there isn't much new blood because there aren't enough meets to encourage newbies to commit

Drama in a comm too small to take it + lack of people stepping forward to host meets doesn't mean lolita is dying.
>>
File: 05041840_590af70b686ee.jpg (254KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
05041840_590af70b686ee.jpg
254KB, 500x600px
Ok so how did this sell out? Did AP cut stock to literally 5 dresses in each color? Cause that print is cut off so bad.
>>
>>9464484
I brought some small silver and small black coloured pins and use those to attach all my hatbands. It means I can change up any and all details e.g. flowers to suit each coord. The heads of the pins are tiny so the silver ones hardly show on light coloured ribbons, and the black ones hardly show on dark colours.
>>
>>9464665
Is it easy to do in a way that won't risk hurting yourself when you wear it?
>>
Maybe I should've worded it differently. I'm curious why stuffed animals and dolls went out of style, and what other lolitas think about it nowadays. Idc about normies.
>>
>>9464674
Have you never used safety pins? How are you getting hurt exactly?
>>
Hopefully this can go here. Alright lolitas. Got a question for you. I'm a cosplayer, not a lolita, so just to throw that out there.

I'm heading to Disneyland and I know a few of you have worn your brand dresses to Disney. I have a few really nice summer dresses, one of them being a white chiffon summery dress that I want to wear for my birthday [the first day I go]. What do you do to keep your dresses clean? What should I avoid? Any tips about riding rides and of course I'm going to be careful with eating.
>>
>>9464674
That's why they are small pins. If you insert them at an angle then they aren't long enough to to pierce through to the inside of the hat.
>>
>>9464683
I'm not sure if dolls were ever in style. It was treated with a fairly wide berth even in the LJ days, I don't think it was ever considered a norm of the fashion. As for stuffed animals, like the other anons mentioned, I think they were ok as bags/functional items but not pure decor.
>>
>>9464725
Always, always look before you sit down
>>
>>9461562
So my coord arrived. It's beautiful, I want to cry.
It looks like the zip code was what was messed up, so the postal service fixed it and sent it out on it's merry way.
>>
Did anyone manage to get the fancy hospital release from AP USA today?
>>
>>9464779
How well do those Tide pens work on white and is it actually like those damn commercials? I know a lot of lolitas sometimes have soft blouses made of chiffon.
>>
>>9464826
i did. it was pretty intense. i got the sax op. i wonder what is the most popular cut and colorway?
>>
>>9464634
Considering how it was laid out in the first place, I don't see a better option?? I think you're being way too bitter and anal about the print; it's a repeating print and it's fine.

I like this cut a lot.
>>
>>9464492
>>9464566
>>9464665
>>9464726
Thanks for the advice anons!
>>
>>9464971
cutsew OP in pink or white i think
>>
>>9464495
>>9464683

Children associations aside, I've done it (dressed in lolita for a dollmeet and then it was easier to carry her on my arm than put her back into her carrier)

It's honestly kind of overrated, and I'm not surprised people stopped doing that. I mean there's dressing in a poofy frilly dress that sweeps things off coffee tables, and then there's dressed in a poofy dress and sacrificing one arm to carrying around a stuffed doll, just for the looks of things. You maybe feel really cute for like 3 minutes of walking and that's about it. It's probably on the same level as carrying around a sizeable photo prop, everywhere you go you have to hang on to it, and when you sit down for tea you need to find a space for it where it won't get dirty, while you drink your tea. And you can bet other girls are going to be a little annoyed if you simply shove things in their face and tell them to hold it for you while you do stuff.

There's not a lot of ageplay associations in Japan, and it's still rare to see people walking around carrying plush photo props. I think it just gets in the way after a while, so if you're not heading for a photoshoot/stuffed toy meetup it does seem rather pointless and more like self-inflicted annoyance.
>>
>>9464826
JSK in white went first, then pink/sax and cutsews, then the ops. It was vicious.

>mfw I got my order in for a sax jsk in time, but now status is Obtaining from Japan warehouse or something?

I am so scared.
>>
>>9464510
I mean, if anything, it's a sort of therapy that doesn't rely on other people's emotional support? My closest friends/family members wouldn't be very sympathetic to me, honestly-half believe anxiety isn't real and half would be bitter I can deal with it by spending the way I do. I probably should find someone to talk about it with. But this is treading into feels thread territory.

I think lolita wouldn't have such a lasting and involved subculture if prints weren't limited release. It's probably why I've stuck with the fashion (more like a hobby for me) so long when my interest in other fashions/hobbies is usually pretty fleeting.
>>
>>9465113
what you describe isn't a therapy, it's an addiction. you can't "deal with anxiety" by buying stuff. you need to adress the deeper issues that caused the anxiety in the first place instead of masking it with the good feels that shopping causes.

try not buying lolita for a while. browsing is allowed, just no shopping.
>>
>>9465211
Ntayrt, but I buy a heck of a lot of stuff and I sometimes worry about my spending, but browsing without buying would make me incredibly anxious. Part of the reason I spend a lot is because whenever I check auctions I have to check EVERYTHING by every brand on auctions, fril and the major resale sites or I feel anxious thinking I might be missing out on a better deal elsewhere. If I browse without buying and let myself build up my stock of bookmarks that are super good deals or rare pieces, I get anxious knowing that they could sell out without me being able to get them, whereas if I just stop browsing sales I have no problems not spending for months. Browsing allowed might be a really bad plan compared to going cold turkey.
>>
>>9465221
well, the point of that suggestion was to actually find out if that anon is truly addicted or not. what you describe (not being able to control impulses and/or feeling extreme anxiety when coming in close contact with that specific habit/substance) is also a symptom of addiction. a normal and healthy reaction would be to maybe feel a little/moderately upset because you can't buy, but still be able to browse comfortably. (that case still wouldn't exclude an addiction though. in that case, an untreated/unaware addict would probably just get addicted to something else)

please take care of yourselves anons. spending a lot of money might not have a huge impact in your life if you're wealthy, but how feelings are dealt with has an impact on everyone's lifes.
>>
>>9465246
I don't think I'm too bad and my habits are sometimes helpful (more than once I've seen, say, a an item on one site for X price and wanted to buy, then browsed elsewhere and seen it significantly cheaper) so it's not really the spending that worries me, it's the obsessive levels of anxiety about having to check everything (I'm autistic as well as anxious and obsessive behaviours are often part of that), even when I'm not really enjoying it and spending all night browsing for the sake of completionism. I also tend to bookmark and wait so the amount I spend when I've spent 1 hour looking at shopping sites that week and the amount I spend when I've spent 40 hours is actually the same (I tend to get more cavalier about purchases within my home country when I'm not spending on lolita since I'm not as motivated to be thrifty when I'm not thinking in terms of how much I'd like to save the money for a lolita) but the sheer amount of time I'm spending is having a negative impact on my life and schedule.
>>
>>9465029

...it means they're getting the jsk. From Japan. Did you think they had it on hand? Jesus it's like this for literally every print release.
>>
>>9464741
They were a trend, the only reason most of us didn't have one is because they were expensive. Stuffed animals were also in style at some point, see >>9464495
>>
>>9465211
>>9465246
Of course, retail therapy is a tongue in cheek phrase- definitely not helpful in any real way. I don't see myself booking a doc appointment for it soon (again, on the insurance of a parent who doesn't believe in things like GAD), but I've made big strides in handling my anxiety generally this year.

Writing about my shopping habits and seeing concerned anons makes me want to try harder to curb it, so I think I actually will ban making purchases for awhile. Writing it out made me realize how bad it was.
>>
>>9464971
I went for the pink op and barely managed to get it. It was my first choice and I striked out on the jp release. It was sold out in like under a minute and disappeared from my cart and by that time everything else was sold so I'm so happy I ended up getting it
>>
>>9465002
I actually really didn't like the cutesew. Maybe that one was more popular because it was cheaper? I preferred the printed op of the jsk
>>
Anyone get any AH last night? I managed to get the full black set. I wonder if they upped their stock, if people just weren't excited about this release, or if people are just tired of AH. It was hardly a bloodbath.
>>
>>9465415
a lot of the gals i talk to like the cutsew because it breaks up the print a little bit, can be used for casual wear, and will likely be really comfy

the price is probably just icing on the cake
>>
>>9465312
This is my first time ordering from AP USA, I usually order on the JP website. Sorry for newfagging, really. Thanks for letting me know and setting my mind at ease.

I did assume they had it on hand, yes, because store pick up was an option. You'd think they would also want to allow people to pick up their items that day? It's also pretty strange to me that they would take orders without knowing 100% what's in the box... isn't that a risky move since customer's will be angry if the item count is short? IDK I'm just a bit surprised that is what they do.
>>
>>9464495
both are fine, just less of a thing now because of people screaming about ageplay. most of those people being lolitas. i think we need to cut the shit about being concerned regarding ~what normies think~. so what if you think another lolita makes a bad impression on a normie because of what she's wearing? literally when did we start caring? do normies matter to us that much? the answer is that they don't, and it's just an excuse for lolitas to say "stop doing something that i don't like!"

i think it's ridiculous for us to ask the question "but what would the NORMIES think?" "won't it make NORMIES think that we're all ageplayers?"

big fucking whoop. carry around whatever the hell you want, as long as you're not trying to sell me diapers or show me your baby powder collection then we're cool
>>
>>9465524
I have it. It's comfy as fuck
>>
>>9465523
I think people just weren't that interested. I hardly saw it talked about on here like I did with the tarot card release on Halloween. The only good part of it was the necklaces and those seemed to have gone pretty past.
>>
>>9464362
Honestly you could probably make on for way cheaper and have it look the same, the most complicated part of that hat is lining up the lace along a curved edge and making a bow
>>
>>9464480
Eh, I don't think the rerelease is going to really affect the prices overall, and I'm waiting with my skepiticals on to hear about the quality/ differences of the rerelease.
>>
>>9464539
Can't really blame anyone for thinking something along those lines, back at my community college I saw two people there during my time that carried around stuffed animals, both of which were clearly messed up (gigantic furry beta that wore a collar and enough grease in his hair to begin rhythmically snapping his fingers at yuppies - a very weird, socially awkward weeb girl that could bore a hole into your soul with her stare and rumored to have been used as a chemical weapon in the trenches with her BO)
Wearing Lolita is pretty out of the norm, but I think people (me included outside of lolita) see an adult with a stuffed animal and view it as extremely abnormal to the point of shuffling a few seats away from them
>>
>>9464725
Bring an easy to wash cardigan you can use to sit on if a spot looks a little bit sketchy
>>
>>9464523
Tell that to the normie public where I live. One guy accused me of sexualising children because I was wearing knee-high socks with a skirt...
>>
>>9464484
I use safety pins
>>
>>9464634
I actually like this dress. Not enough to get new but I'll be looking out for it in auctions later. Its a cute print thats easy to wear casually.
>>
>>9464794
Congrats, anon!!

>>9464878
They work pretty well, I know a lot of girls keep them in their purse for when they're out and about

>>9465523
I saw less people amped up for this most recent AH release, not really sure why
>>
>>9465523
I wasn't a fan of this release.. not my style and felt like something you'd find in edgy normie stores.
>>
>>9465578
Exactly what I mean. Wearing a stuffed animal without lolita already makes people think you're absolutely mental. Every time I've been with normie friends or family and they've seen someone (who didn't look like a parent or like they'd just bought it) carrying a toy round they've started whispering about that person, either bad-mouthing them or expressing pity/concern. Even adults who like toys are supposed to have the social awareness to know it's not seen as normal and repress the urge to carry one (I have a few friends who collect plushies and a younger cousin with autism who has a comfort toy), because otherwise normies don't just think "there's an adult who like toys", they think "there's an adult who has so little understanding of society they don't understand it's weird for an adult to carry a toy around", and they assume the only reason you wouldn't know is if you're literally mentally retarded.

Like, my cousin is 16 and her toy is not a teddy or anything overtly associated with childhood and she is still encouraged by family and doctors to hide it in her bag, avoid getting it out unless she's about to have a breakdown, etc. because it changes people's reactions SO much. I've been places to collect her while she was carrying it and heard normies whispering - either people start concern trolling about whether she's too mentally disabled to be allowed out on her own, or, if she's talking/interacting normally, they assume she's some sort of ageplayer. It's shitty that western normies are so judgemental but it's a fact that they are, and carrying a soft toy with lolita associates you with that.
>>
File: apretrodots.jpg (97KB, 960x576px) Image search: [Google]
apretrodots.jpg
97KB, 960x576px
These dresses are cute as fuck.
>>
>>9465679
Don't mind me, just making room in my wardrobe for those beauties
>>
File: apretrodot.png (2MB, 1000x1200px) Image search: [Google]
apretrodot.png
2MB, 1000x1200px
>>9465679
I really like the cut/design of the retro dot JSK but I'm not sold on any of the colourways, I wish they done one with a white base and solid dots (maybe whitexblack or whitexred?) as they all seem really busy to me. The super cool dark pink on the pink colourway is really not my taste as well.
>>
>>9465687
A white x black would've been really cute! I agree about the pink, I wish it was more like the pink on the sax version's, but I'm not one to get pink colorways of anything so it doesn't really matter. lol
>>
>>9465678
I get your point but I think that the people talking about this are a little too concerned with what other people do. If someone wants to carry around a stuffed toy with their coord, they probably know the risks and don't give a fuck. You seem to think that it sucks how judgemental people are, so we should do our best to be understanding, right? I guess I just don't understand the argument of "normies will think it is weird, so do not do it in case it reflects upon me indirectly."

I'm speaking in general terms, not trying to target you. I just don't get the logic. If we understand, why do we still berate people for doing something that we know is harmless?
>>
>>9465679
>>9465687
This is the first AP release I've loved in years
>>
>>9465534
Funny I submitted a secret about this subject a few days ago
>>
>>9465679
Oh man, love these. Might buy navy or pink.
>>
>>9465620
He's projecting unless children in your town wear socks like that

>>9465687
I like the pink and sax
>>
>>9465798
i saw it and i agreed. tired of people feigning concern when they're just being rude and presumptuous
>>
>>9465803
>unless children in your town wear socks like that
Even if they do, why does simply wearing knee socks with a skirt make it sexual? Because anon is a woman? That's bullshit.
>>
>>9465687
>>9465679
These give me hope for future AP releases, they're so cute!!
>>
>>9464495
Even as a sweet (mainly) lolita I don't like it. it just looks reaaally childish. I have a rilakkuma plushie bag that looks like it's hugging your side and it's cute and all but I wouldn't be seen wearing it outside, it's more for room decoration.
>>
>>9464495
I already think that stuffed animal bags/rucksacks are too "child like" to a slightly creepy level even in sweet so...it's a no from me.
>>
File: 05041320_590aabfb6fec8.jpg (467KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
05041320_590aabfb6fec8.jpg
467KB, 500x600px
The headbow sold out.
>>
>>9465679
>>9465687
the AP designers realized that they needed to use a non-custom fabric and they finally put out something super duper cute!!!
>>
>>9465887
I normally don't like AP but love that headbow. I would wear it with a casual outfit as a statement piece.
>>
>>9465887
That's the saddest headbow I've ever seen, and from far away it looks like a broken bone. Not a fan of this one AP
>>
>>9465743
I think it's because of how much the lolita community hates the DDLG/ageplay community, so anything that could link them, like carrying around a stuffed animal, is immediately frowned upon. I think it's just that hypersensitivity, otherwise people would probably just think it's kinda gimmicky
And I don't really think it's so much of a 'we care what normies think' versus 'are we going to be harassed by normies because of this'
>>
>>9465958
But they are linking them by bringing it up in the first place. I don't remember it coming up so often back in the lj days but maybe I'm wearing pink glasses.
>>
>>9465887
Now I've seen it up clotse it looks even worse, did they really do all the hem stitching in contrasting thread? It looks like they couldn't be bothered to match the colour, it looks terrible.

>>9465958
This is how I feel as well. I actually think animal bags look cute, and maybe if I was a goth or punk or in other subculture which didn't already have the ageplay label slapped on it I wouldn't care if a friend turned up to a group outing carrying a bear, but as a lolita the idea of someone doing that to a meet is incredibly cringeworthy, on the same sort of cringe level as when people wear their edgy pastel bondage gear to a meet. We get harassed enough by people thinking we're fetishists without lolitas adding fuel to the fire.

I do think if it's a bag they can at least respond when challenged by normies by saying "I just thought it was a cute bag" or something (most animal bags have so little storage they're effectively just decorative, but normies don't know that), but when it's completely functionless and you're going to the trouble to carry it round it looks weird. Like, normie high fashion brands like Celine have released bear bags and bags with bear charms that clipped on, so it can seem like just a quirky fashion accessory, but actually carrying a normal bear just looks too weird.
>>
>>9465967
No, you're right. Lolitas are blowing it way out of proportion and I hate seeing gulls label people as "ageplayers" here just because they're wearing pastel sweet. That's not concern on their end, that's a desire to make somebody feel bad. And imo that's just a nasty thing to call somebody, really the lowest of the low. Just another excuse to be mean to somebody.
>>
There is another thing I notice AP does that is not good construction, They don't line up their prints. on the seams.
>>
I'm kinda new to lolita fashion and have realized how age play AP and some sweet lolitas look. I am more into the classic style.... Kinda creeped out by the whole ageplay thing, including princess peachie
>>
>>9465967
It's hard to say if lolitas started screaming ageplay first or if DDLGs started overtaking lolita tags first. Either way it's seems to be a case where because people deal with it a lot online, they project that same frequency to irl encounters which just isn't how it is. Kind of like how after being on tumblr a little too long you think you'll run into crazy SJWs all day, but rarely bump into them when you're out and about, you know?
>>
>>9464355
yes coat them in shoe goo thats a great idea anon
>>
>>9466040
why do you think we give a fuck about your opinion if you're new to the fashion
>>
>>9466040
thanks for sharing your diary thoughts newbie. next time blog about it instead.
>>
>>9466071
I was thinking only on the cracks if I used that, the whole shoe seems excessive.

I will say these shoes are crazy high, so they're already not really wearable for any significant walking.
>>
>>9466026
Nobody was shitting on pastel sweet in this thread until you brought it up, we're talking specifically about carrying stuffies around.

>>9466064
Maybe, but this is something lolitas have been facing since the dawn of time. It's really become a big deal since DDLG started taking over tumblr and seeping into the mainstream thanks to artists like Melanie Martinez, but it was already a meme back in the BtB and lolita-secrets days. It's been happening with IRL encounters since forever - go look in the archives at any old "reactions from wearing lolita in public" thread and you'll find people bringing up creepy normies asking them if they're dressed as a kid, how much it would cost to have sex with them, etc, from years ago.
>>
>>9466081
no just cover them in glue. do it.
>>
>Question
Does any other lolita here hate waiting for the invoice? Especially since you told the seller you needed it asap for a tight deadline.
>>
>>9466086
I feel like most of the people who post those stories are probably ugly or weird. I'm thin and cute and I've never had issues.
>>
>>9466144
Maybe people just aren't saying it to your face, I'm thin and pretty by 4chan standards and don't usually get issues in public, but people I'm close to like family and various roommates (in my country that means they feel more comfortable being direct and honest with you) have made remarks about how they think it's weird that my clothes are childish, or that they think I look cute and since they know me they know I'm not a pervert, but if they saw me on the street and we weren't already friends they'd think I had some fucked-up fetish.
>>
File: lolitascarryingdolls.png (130KB, 733x591px) Image search: [Google]
lolitascarryingdolls.png
130KB, 733x591px
>>9465026
>There's not a lot of ageplay associations in Japan, and it's still rare to see people walking around carrying plush photo props.

>>9465578
>Wearing Lolita is pretty out of the norm, but I think people (me included outside of lolita) see an adult with a stuffed animal and view it as extremely abnormal to the point of shuffling a few seats away from them

>>9465678
>Wearing a stuffed animal without lolita already makes people think you're absolutely mental.

Just came across this and thought it was relevant, seems like at least some of the lolitas who carried toys around (even back in the oldschool days when carrying plush toys and dolls around was common enough to seem like a trend) were more unhinged than average, and weren't just carrying them because it looked cute...
>She had moved from Kyuushuu to the city in order to attend college, and had been too shy to make friends. And although she had a stuffed animal she carried with her everywhere and talked to, this just didn't seem to be enough of a comfort to her (naturally)
>stuffed animal she carried with her everywhere and talked to
>talked to

http://www.lerman.biz/asagao/gothic_lolita/diary/singing.html
>>
>>9466152
Nope, my family and friends support my hobby wholeheartedly and strangers go out of their way to compliment me. So I stand by my statement that those stories probably come from fat and poorly dressed people.
>>
>>9466175
Whatever you say. FWIW, most of the friends I have who dislike lolita find it freaky and thinks it looks shit even on Japanese brand models, some people are just really unnerved by the style.
>>
>>9466157
This is a weird personal blog about one lolita in particular. How is this supposed to be evidence?
>>
>>9466182
*shrug*

It's not like anyone can produce concrete evidence either way, it's just an example. Otherwise people are just making assumptions in a vacuum.
>>
>>9466157

Oddly enough I knew a girl who carried around a BJD and talked to it, and once sat down in a bookstore to read a book to it. She did eventually grow out of it, or maybe got bored of it.

Well I didn't say the doll group was all mentally balanced individuals.

Responded to your comment because you felt the need to direct your one random blogpost at me when it's not particularly relevant. There's still not a lot of ageplay associations in Japan, and it's still rare to see people carrying plush props around.
>>
File: gifttagtotebag.png (2MB, 1180x1228px) Image search: [Google]
gifttagtotebag.png
2MB, 1180x1228px
Has anyone seen this bag IRL? Stock photos makes it look teal but in shop blogs and pics on twitter it looks more bright dark blue. I couldn't find any pics of it on insta or tumblr because people don't tag bag names. I know it's in stock in the Paris shop but I don't know if they respond to customer queries about items.
>>
>>9466287
I saw it in passing and I don't recall it being teal at all.
>>
>>9466144
I always think that people who say this either aren't really lolitas, or are NEETs/conlitas who barely go outside. Nine times out of ten I don't get any negative reactions beyond staring when I go out, but that one time out of ten something bad will happen, and it's more likely if you live in a rough area, country where catcalling is already common, or get public transport to meets (I've had lots of uncomfortable/weird experiences on public transport even in normie clothes). You only need it to have happened once or twice to have a story for one of those threads. The fact you're speculating on whether girls who say this are ugly based solely on a 4chan thread already shows that you're not actually in a comm and don't know other lolitas IRL, because otherwise you'd be able to judge for yourself - people discuss this sort of thing at meets and lots of well-dressed lolitas I know have horror stories.
>>
>>9466086
>specifically about carrying stuffies around.
Also about BJD
>>
>>9466301
I'm in a comm and it's full of ugly people. I wear lolita every day.

>the fact you're speculating on whether girls who say this are ugly based solely on a 4chan thread...

The fact you're speculating on whether girls go outside and are in a comm based solely on a 4chan thread shows that my post hit too close to home.
>>
>>9466157
Sounds less unhinged than the people who are using lolita as retail therapy
>>
>>9466110
Depends, did you discuss it with the seller beforehand? If you didn't, I don't think they are obligated to accommodate you just because of poor planning on your part.
>>
>>9466414
I messaged the seller before i bought the item and inquired about shipping and even offered to do over night shipping as i needed the item before XX/XX date. And they replied that they could ship it here in time.
It's been 2 days and the seller hasn't sent me an invoice or opened my messages on LM.
>>
Has anyone used Japonica recently?
I sent them an email over a week ago regarding shipping and i'm still waiting for a reply.
>>
>>9465887
This can blend into 2000s sewing tutorials perfectly.
>>
Has anyone here ever sold something/consigned with Closet Child? I have a NWT blouse that I've already dropped 1/3 of the price here and no one is biting. Going back to Japan in July and figured I might just unload it there. My Japanese is fine, but I don't know if they have some rule about foreigners not selling them things.
>>
>>9466706
Someone just asked this in the shopping in Japan thread, apparently you just need ID but they don't pay much.
>>
>>9466615
I started a new order with them about a week ago, everything is smooth so far. Drop them an email and ask what's up, they're usually quick to respond and will either tell you to wait or apologize and ship your order immediately, at least based on personal experience.
>>
File: 782736716.png (76KB, 296x139px) Image search: [Google]
782736716.png
76KB, 296x139px
>>9465891
You seriously like that thing? Are you the type of person who makes JSKs out of hello kitty bed sheets?
>>
>>9465679
>>9465687
God I haven't really liked something AP has released since years.
It kinda looks like their older stuff, pls more of that AP.
>>
Is anyone else having difficulty with LM's messaging service? I sent three messages to three different users informing them that their packages arrived at my place and they're all unread. I gave them positive reviews too.
>>
>>9466826
happens to me all the time. now, when I give feedback I also mention I messaged them.
>>
>>9466826
I have some unread too. the message notices from LM goes to my spam folder of my email, I know this so I check it often, but others might not know though.
>>
AP SF is closed today and they haven't replied to the question I sent yesterday, ahhhh...

If anyone has done this before with other MTOs through them - if I make a seperate order for more Misty Sky items would they combine the shipping or refund me, or no? Really regret not ordering the OTKs as I just realized they'd perfectly match another dress of mine. And I'm not holding onto hope for "the price of Misty Sky items to go down", it's not going to happen.
>>
>>9466287
It's a slightly greener blue, but it's not really teal. Somewhere in between that and navy. Honestly I have no idea what it would even go with, it's such a weird color.
>>
File: C3FfwVpVMAENz3G.jpg (204KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C3FfwVpVMAENz3G.jpg
204KB, 1200x1200px
>>9466960
I was hoping it'd go with the weird vivid blues on British Crown that don't match any of the navies I own but if it's greenish it probably wouldn't.

The red is just as hard to figure out, it looks bordeaux in stock pics but like a muted slightly dark crimson in shop pics.
>>
>>9466972
The red is bordeaux, similar to a lot of AP's darker reds. Red would go better with British Crown than blue, if that's what you're going for.
>>
File: redgifttagtotebag.png (3MB, 1292x1066px) Image search: [Google]
redgifttagtotebag.png
3MB, 1292x1066px
>>9466979
Ta anon, I was really confused after seeing how different it looked in shop lighting than in the stock pic.

I like the look of the blue better but I guess British Crown is more versatile, I just feel like it's going to end up an inexact match no matter what, since AP seemed to use quite a bright red for British Crown but bordeaux shoes and accessories from other brands are very dark.
>>
>>9466983
*I guess bordeaux is more versatile
>>
File: tumblr_oplm92yYby1rb27j2o1_1280.jpg (81KB, 595x595px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oplm92yYby1rb27j2o1_1280.jpg
81KB, 595x595px
>Mariko Suzuki, the creator of KERA and the Gothic & Lolita Bible, is producing a new digital magazine! Supported by gothic designer H.Naoto, Jabberwocky will be a unique combination of Fashion, Culture, and Art. The first cover girl is lolita model Midori Fukusawa.

Thoughts?
https://twitter.com/Jabberwocky_web
>>
>>9466994
Sad because that probably means no more Eternita
>>
>>9466994
Sounds like something that would be fun to read. Unfortunately I can't read Japanese.
>>
>>9466996
This makes no sense as they don't have to do with each other.
>>
Sword of copyright has two edges...
>>
>>9467011
Mariko Suzuki created Eternita
>>
>>9467013
> implying yennefer would wear this
>>
>>9467044
But they would accualy have to read the books. I wonder what Sapkowski would say if he saw this.
>>
>>9467021
By that logic, it shouldn't have existed in the first place because she made both Kera and GLB, also Eternita is managed by Takarajimasha.
>>
>>9467013
kek

are you Polish anon? wouldn't think anyone outside of the country is familiar with this atrocity of a film
>>
>>9466157
I'd raise you MOON KANA and her panda. An iconic early Lolita model and designer!
>>
>>9467058
Yes I am. I even have a t-shirt which was sold as some sort of promotion of that abomination. I sometimes use it as a sleeping robe.
>>
>>9466706
You can (with ID) as long as you're ok with getting maybe 1000 for it

>>9466944
AP USA combine shipping? Lol they already overcharge for shipping to line their own pockets so I doubt it

>>9466994
Is it gonna be just h.naoto stuff? because yawn
>>
>>9466994
Lame.

Does anyone else kinda want to try making an English lolita webzine?
>>
Is anybody else having a problem with PayPal as their payment method on tenso?
>>
>>9467233
>Is it gonna be just h.naoto stuff? because yawn
No, it is the promised online version of Kera under a new name.
>>
>>9468072
No it isn't? This is a whole new thing.
>>
File: 1481392104118.jpg (18KB, 250x333px) Image search: [Google]
1481392104118.jpg
18KB, 250x333px
>>9466040
sorry the color pink triggers you but literally who cares?
>>
>>9467982
I think it'd be interesting to see that
>>
I wonder where Chinese lolita's share their coords. And does anyone use the aliceholic app? I have android so Idk if I'm missing out.
>>
>>9467982
I thought it was already a thing someone started up? Someone made a post about it.
>>
Does anyone here have experience with contacting closetchild?
I ordered something from them about 2 weeks ago and got the confirmation email, but they still haven't shipped it out. I thought that maybe Golden Week was delaying things or something, but I'm starting to get a little worried.
>>
>>9467048
Or play the games, which are pretty popular and come in English?
>>
>>9468072
no? from what I gathered Kera will still be Kera, only digital. This new mag by Naoto is most likely to feature 95% H.Naoto items and photoshoots and maybe some other brands in small sections
>>
>>9468325
Weibo.
>>
>>9468325
Weibo probably?
>>
>>9468430
Isn't weibo just their personal blogs? don't they have something like daily-lolita or cof?
>>
File: 51775253.jpg (71KB, 520x520px) Image search: [Google]
51775253.jpg
71KB, 520x520px
So is this any good? I'd like to see some of the content
>>
is this a slow time of the year for buying dresses? A lot of girls in my comm, including myself have been sitting on LM listings that are months or weeks old for pieces that were well liked, and fairly priced. I've also noticed prints that I thought were popular sitting on LM for months now.
>>
>>9468863
I feel like someone brings this up every week the entire year
>>
>>9468869
Right?
>>9468863
If you want things to sell you'll just have to lower the prices, it's a buyers market right now. Just the natural eb and flow of the fashion
>>
I was thinking,gulls.
A style is something you wear everyday right? If you are goth you dress in goth or at least something similar to goth everyday. Even if that means as little as including a goth accessory into your workplace uniform.
But with lolita I often see girls dressing completely normie even out of workplace and wearing lolita very rarely.
Which brings me to my question:
Is lolita getting more and more of a costume?
>>
>>9468863
That's odd, I've been selling a lot since the updates, when previously I had items up for the past year that didn't sell. Are you sure your items are well priced?
>>
>>9468890
There are a lot of lolita's like that in my comm, but compared to 8 years ago there are not less lolita's who wear it whenever they can. It's just cheaper and less exclusive now, so there are more weebs who just wear it for meets and such. Online people usually only share their meet/con coords.
>>
>>9468893
Not the anon you're replying to, but I've had slightly better sales since the updates too. I think it helps that relisted and newly discounted items get a (brief) feature on the front page.
>>
Anons, i need help with moving my wardrobe/ storing them for a month. Ive looked on rufflechat and google but i feel many things didnt come up or apply.
Currently my items are in storage laid flat together and all folded in half so as to not make any bad creasing, however, soon ill be moving to another country with a few month stop over before settling enough to unpack. I can easily store my box(es) at the stop over location. My plan was to hopefully pack all my items in a large box and put it as my checked bags however im not sure how to pack them for longish term storage.
I saw the weibo video on how to fold dresses (arms and neck being the inner most part), would putting them in vaccum bags be the best way to go? Ive also read to put it with acid free tissue paper to avoid creasing/damage.
I know it doesnt rid the items of weight so id likely fill the extra space with my shoes and small boxes i store my accessories in. Should i put all the vacuum sealed bags in another plastic type bag to further the weather protection or coat the box completely in plastic tape?

With my airline checked bags are only $25 + 2nd airline fees which ill look further into but id know they are for the most part very safe except for the 10+ hour time vs. the $100+ it would likely cost to ship my box across countries and having it being in an unknown location for 2-3 months until it arrived.
>>
>>9468890
Even goth isn't like that any more, there's been a shift in people's attitudes all through alternative fashion. There ended up being such a backlash against gatekeeping ubergoths (+ OG goths who loved the music but stopped exclusively wearing the fashion) that the attitude that people who weren't goffick all the time were posers became seen as really immature, like a high school mentality. In general I think more people dabble in multiple fashions now, which I'm glad of because I'm still an indecisive twentysomething and can't settle on one.

Like, I love lolita and it's basically my only hobby, but I like other clothes too. And I love lolita specifically, so a normie outfit with a headbow is just...a normie outfit with a headbow. I'd rather do something different when I can't wear full-on lolita.
>>
What size do Meta dresses with back shirring go up to usually? I know they generally list the bust as being around 86 or 87. I've never bought one of their dresses before but I just saw their Dreaming Goldfish dress in person and I have to have it.
>>
>>9468967
But what are you wearing when you feel like you are truely yourself? Imo to be a "true" goth or lolita just means that when you are wearing that, you are expressing your "true" self. Even if you have to wear work clothes or something else most days.
>>
>>9468977
They claim to go larger than will look good. Personally I have a 90 cm bust, 68 waist, and think meta partial shirring looks too tight. I would think you need an 88 bust or less to make it look good
>>
>>9468890
If you have a style other than normie fast fashion then its honestly not very easy to incorporate your style everywhere, also many probably cant be bothered (myself included). My normie style is pretty much modern vintage/hipster/almost-otome, yet unless i'm actually putting any effort into my clothes i just wear whatever and call it a day. Anyone who saw me probably wouldn't get a good clue as to how i like to dress, unless they actually knew me.
In saying that, lolita is a fancy fashion, its often reserved for special occasions like any other special occasion wear - is a designer dress and heels a costume? No. Just because you wear normie clothes to work doesn't mean your special occasion wear isn't still an extension of your style.
>>
>>9468966
I recently moved two states away (about a two hour flight) and I brought 45 dresses with me in two checked bags and one carry on. Here's how:

1. Anything that isn't prone to wrinkling or can be easily ironed goes in a quart size ziplock bag (the ones with the slidey things on top are best). For me, this was chiffon pieces and cotton/polyester dresses with no built-in petti. I fold them in a way that will protect any delicate parts and/or be the easiest to iron out later. Once I have the dress smooshed inside the bag, I zip it up most of the way, leaving a small hole at the top. Then, I very gently press out all the air and zip up the bag. It's like a poor man's vacuum bag.

2. All dresses with built-in pettis, delicate fabric such as velveteen or lots of lace, or boning go in garment bags. I usually put multiple dresses in the same bag, provided they're the same color. If you're really worried about color transfer, you can put a tshirt in between without affecting the total volume too much, but I didn't have any issues.

3. Once you have all your dresses bagged up, do suitcase tetris! Don't be afraid if you have to squish everything to get your suitcase closed. Brand stores always ship dresses packed very tightly and they turn out fine.

You can also do the "vacuum packing" trick with blouses and cutsews, but I usually do 2-3 similar colored items per bag. Make sure you check them in a secure bag - I use a hard shell bag with clasps and a TSA-approved lock. Also have a heavy-duty luggage tag with all your contact info on it. The ones they give you at the airport are a bit too flimsy for my liking. Lastly, always keep the confirmation info of your checked bags, because that's what you use to report any issues, should they arise. Most likely, you'll be fine. I've checked brand on at least five domestic and international flights and never had any problems.
>>
>>9469073
Your special occasion wear can still show off your style. There are still parts of your wardrobe that can emphasize your style in a wearable way that doesn't have to be as flat as normie. Come on, look at normie j-fashion. It's more cute and girly than Western normie fashion. At least grab a few of those pieces on auctions while you're hunting lolita. Bonus is it's cheap.
>>
>>9468890
I never understood why this is as big a deal as it is. It's like asking why we don't wear ballroom gowns everyday, is it a costume? No but it's worn for certain special occasions so why is that a problem?
>>
>>9469398
Ballroom gowns are an article of clothing. Lolita is a substyle with varying degrees of formality. It's very easy to wear casual lolita or to include lolita elements in otherwise non-lolita outfits for every-day wear instead of limiting it to super fancy/ott outfits for only special occasions.
>>
>>9468890
>>9469346
I work at a job where I get sweaty and/or dirty daily. Should I spend $30 max on an athletic top and pants from Uniqlo, or $150 plus on something similar from a
Jfash brand?
Of course I'm not going to spend $ on clothes I don't care about and will get trashed anyway - and more money for my burando
>>
>>9464199
>>9464208
>>9464323
I'll buy anything that has actual patterns, sight unseen pretty much.
>>9468400
Yeah that's definitely weird. I ordered Saturday night and got my shipping notification and tracking number Sunday night/Monday morning. Email them.
>>
>>9468890
>>9468984

My true self can’t make up its mind. I like horror movies, but I also like superhero movies. I like Mana, but my favorite brand is AP. I’m lazy today so I’ll wear a cutsew, if I’m sad tomorrow I might dress up to cheer myself up, but I’m not happy because I’m frilly, I’m wearing frills because I’m sad and wish I was happy. I got a manipedi this week because I’m going to a tea party and a concert this weekend, last week I was a slob who didn’t comb my hair more than twice because I didn’t have to leave the house.

I’m always myself, anon. Today I’m a lolita, tomorrow I’m a morigirl, maybe next week I’ll wear another style. I’ll slot in a Moitie day while my nails are still black, then go back to wearing pink when I feel like it.

I’m never untrue to myself. The problem isn’t me. The problem is you can’t put me in a slot neatly marked “luvly lolita only”. That’s really your problem, though, so I can’t solve it for you.
>>
>>9469073
>>9469398
>>9469577
Casual lolita exists and original anon isn't talking about wearing Lolita to work etc, she means people who only wear Lolita for meets etc despite they can wear it much more often in their free time
>>
>>9469595
I don't have a problem with you not being a lolita and just wearing it sometimes, chill
>>
>>9469595
Fuck off with this blog post.
>>
>>9468890
Why should lolita be a costume? A costume is playing a character, be it a specific character like Naruto or a vague concept like a pirate. Wearing a costume means not being yourself.
When wearing lolita you are still yourself, just in frilly dresses.

I think it can still be a fashion, even if you don't wear it every free minute you can. It can be special ocasion wear, not as special as a ballgown, but more like that fancy summer dress you wear out to a restaurant.

Pic related might be too fancy for work or grocery shopping, but is just fine for going out. It's not a costume though.
>>
File: haenulipet.jpg (61KB, 480x659px) Image search: [Google]
haenulipet.jpg
61KB, 480x659px
So, who here really loves their pets?
>>
>>9469625
Yeah, I think it's fine if people don't consider themselves a lolita but just like to wear it for meets and con's. It's like a social occasion for them to wear it, not a costume.
>>
>>9469626
I have asked tokimeki to do a necklace of my cat before but he wasn't taking orders at that time. I wonder if he's less busy now. I don't expect him to make something unique tough, just the cats he usually does in a different colour.
>>
>>9469626
It would be pretty awesome to have a dress with my cats on it. I doubt they will go through with it though.
>>
>>9469626
Didn't the JetJ designer make a dress with her cat on it?
>>
>>9469626
My ragdoll would look super cute on a dress
>>
>>9469665
Didn't JetJ have a thing where customers sent in photos of their cats and they were to be put on a dress? (and it never happened?)
>>
File: pupinacup.jpg (89KB, 563x617px) Image search: [Google]
pupinacup.jpg
89KB, 563x617px
>>9469626
I'd love a skirt with my old cat on it, but it'd be kinda weird walking around wearing dead pets.
>pic somewhat unrelated
>>
>>9469577
Uniqlo, anon. I work a similar job and don't waste even casual j-fashion on it. It can and will get sweaty and get permanently disgusting, to the point you will have to throw it out. Imagine some cool j-fashion top having pit stains or permanent stains you spent good money on. Save it for after work and outings.
>>
>>9469626
man I love my poodle, sadly he's butt-ugly
>>
>>9469746
This is just common sense. Nobody expects you to wear jfash to your gross job.
>>
>>9468984
I feel like they all express different aspects of my personality, it's not like I think my personality is just one thing. For me the two that really make me feel myself are doll-like oldschool looks with a perfect silhouette, but also hard-edged western goth looks with jeans and chains and big boots that give off a tough vibe. I also feel very myself in jeans, nice sneakers and a fitted long-sleeved top or sweater, since I think it flatters my figure even though it's basic. It's all situational.

>>9469346
But I don't like cute and girly fashion. I like lolita specifically. From what I've seen people say in other threads, there are a lot of lolitas out there that like it because it's so extremely feminine it's rebellious, and yet isn't sexual or revealing, so wearing a frilly himekaji top and miniskirt or something isn't going to have the same kind of appeal. Personally, stuff that's normie but a bit girly does nothing for me and I would genuinely rather wear tomboyish clothes out of lolita than that.

>>9469576
>include lolita elements in otherwise non-lolita outfits
Personal taste but stuff like a headbow and AP bag with normie clothes usually looks like shit, go hard or go home. I do like otome, vintage clothes and casual lolita but they're still not suitable for my work so I usually just wear them when going out with family or friends that get too self-conscious from all the second-hand attention actual lolita brings.
>>
>>9469626
My corgi is so pretty, I think he would look amazing on a dress
>>
>>9469607
>she means people who only wear Lolita for meets etc despite they can wear it much more often in their free time
I'm not claiming that meetlitas aren't a real thing, but a lot of girls are just busy. I'm a student with a part-time job - when I was a high-schooler I used to put lolita on just to chill out in my room and do homework, but now I'm living alone I can't even wear it in the evenings because once I'm back from work I have to cook and clean. The time I book off work for meets once a month is basically the only time I leave the house to do something nice.
>>
How can I buy from riddle sheep and what are their prices? https://www.instagram.com/riddle_sheep/
>>
>>9469795
Yeah but she was talking about meetlita's and then you guys made the discussion about yourself, why?
>>
>>9469811
What I mean is, if you don't know someone's circumstances you can't tell if they only wear lolita to meets because they see lolita as a costume, or if they just don't have time to wear lolita outside meets. It's pointless getting salty about it.
>>
What was the last Milky-Chan Fawn related release? I keep waiting for AP to bring back this mascot, but I don't think I've seen one in years.
>>
>>9468997
Yeah, I figured partial shirring wouldn't have much give. What about full back shirring?
>>
>>9469815
But I do know their circumstances. Because I'm not talking about you, I'm talking about girls I know irl.
>>
>>9469830
Sorry, AP's too busy catering to Chinese coslolis. You better hope deer become a popular motif on Taobao or start planting images on Weibo.
>>
>>9469776
>frilly himekaji top and miniskirt
I meant something more like Ingni, but okay. If you like punk, dress punk? I don't know what your style is. Wear what matches your style is what I'm saying. Don't just jump from pastel sweet lolita to grunge American apparel is my point. At least try to dress nice. Even if grunge is your normie mode style, at least look put together instead of just using the clothes you had in high school because you can't be bothered.
>>
>>9469923
>>9469923
>Don't just jump from pastel sweet lolita to grunge American apparel is my point
Ntayrt, but why not? Can't people wear more than one style?
>>
>>9464495
I prefer animals bags because they're functional, which I tell myself normies may possibly see as a saving grace or just being kitsch/hipstery (this is actually a functional outfit, not a random costume and we have enough brain cells for practicality) and would rather see plushies carried around than sceptres and shit at least.

I love how everyone thinks I'm 'bonkers' for suggesting normies assume lolita is some sort of age play kink thing but the replies in this thread prove me right. I think it's stupid and women SHOULD be able to wear whatever cute shit they want any without people making judgements but let's not be naive about what people are thinking.
>>
There's no ID thread atm so i'm asking here, anyone know what dress this is? I simply adore it.
>>
>>9469923
>>9469941
>At least try to dress nice. Even if grunge is your normie mode style, at least look put together instead of just using the clothes you had in high school because you can't be bothered.
>>
>>9469776
There are ways to dress cute, girly and modestly other than full-on lolita, though. Not all casual feminine fashion is slutty miniskirts and low-cut shirts. That's how I used to think back in middle school when I still hated preps.

My out-of-lolita wardrobe consists mostly of casual girly Japanese brands like Axes Femme and fint, as well as random finds in local normie stores. It allows me to feel girly and cute even when petticoats and head-eating bows aren't an option. I can't really imagine having to switch between Proper Lolita and sweaters and jeans as if it's all or nothing. If you care about looking cute, isn't that kind of depressing?
>>
>>9470006
I don't think all casual feminine fashion is slutty, but I don't like the modest options either - they scream old-timey housewife or chaste Christian teen to me. I know what Axes Femme and fint are and own a few cardigans from them that I wear with lolita but I don't like their overall aesthetic. At the end of the day, we're different people with different tastes. For you, the appeal of lolita is feeling cute and you value feeling cute at all times, but cute isn't what drew me to the style and I don't actually want to look "girly and cute" a lot of the time. Is it that hard to accept that someone can like lolita but not like wearing casual girly styles every day?
>>
Which Lolita brand has the smallest sizes?
>>
>>9470026
Why do you keep going back to girly? Yes we get it, you don't like it. So what do you like? What drew you to lolita? Just pick a style and wear it. Don't make excuses for your T-shirt and jeans every day.
>>
>>9470037
I do have a style and wear it? Who do you think you're replying to? The only anon that even mentioned jeans was >>9469776 who said they also wear Western goth.
>>
>>9470026
Do you wear gothic lolita?
>>
>>9470026
This. The back and forths seem to be missing the point that each of us came to the fashion for our own reasons and choose to express it as such.

>>9470029
VM, MM, JetJ, pre-2011 ETC. Probably anything pre-2010 or 2009, most of the older releases are smaller than the releases now.
>>
>>9470029
Are you petite all over or just flat? Oldschool isn't as small on the bust/waist as people make out (there are pieces that need an 82/84cm bust but they're a tiny minority, I fit into most oldschool fine at 88cm and some stuff is even big on me), but damn is a lot of it short. Seconding ETC if you're generally petite as well.
>>
>>9470029
Some moitie skirts have a 63cm waist
>>
>>9470074
No they are missing the point that anon was talking about people who wear lolita on days they are going to a meet and are wearing jeans and tshirt on other days they are free
>>
>>9468394
Someone tried doing that a while back and it was really exciting. They had writers, artists, spreadsheets, and then it all just fizzled out..
>>
>>9470029
I had a few HeartE pieces that were perfectly small for my body. if you have a small chest, I would recommend choosing pieces with lacing.
>>
>>9469970
might be JetJ, as that's pretty much the only brand I know that would use a jesus face so boldly
>>
>>9470101
A lot of oldschool skirts have a 60cm waist as well, I've have Baby and VM skirts that are 60-64 unshirred. The frumpy aesthetic means most blouses from back then are huge and some would go to nearly 100cm, but the waist measurements on a lot of things are tiny.
>>
Why can't i find any Haenuli on the japanese second-hand market? There is always some LIEF listed, but no results at all for Haenuli?

I really don't want to buy the overpriced shit fatties sell on lacemarket

>>9469970
I think the brand is Ecailles de Lune from Taobao
>>
Anyone looking at the RC thread about feminism and politics? What a shitshow.
>>
>>9470121
>ITT: "you can't wear lolita if it's not to defeat the big old meanie patriarchy"
>>
>>9470121
It makes me wish more people understood politics, feminism and intersectionality a bit better. Just a bunch of stupid people yelling in an attempt to try and make their opinions sound important.
>>
>>9469626
God, my cats would be perfect for a print but I want to know the dress design first. It needs to match their elegance and cuteness or else it's unworthy.
>>
>>9470121
Feminists are gonna look for any excuse to virtue signal, ofc they're labelling fucking clothes as a political movement
>>
>>9470139
Lolita kind of started as a rebellion against gender norms and Japanese cultural standards though. The meaning has been lost over time, but it was a political movement at a point, but really only in Japan.
>>
>>9468977
I have a 99cm bust and Daydreaming Goldfish technically fit me quite comfortably. But it didn't look good. The obi design doesn't continue onto the back so it's very obvious that the shirred back pulls towards the front. Normally back shirred Meta is awesome for bigger girls, but any that have the obi front aren't flattering.
>>
>>9470121
Caps?
>>
>>9470121
It pissed me off. I'm more radical and gender critical in my feminists beliefs than most and I am tired of hearing "femininity is progressive and totally radikewl!!!" from Lolitas. No it isn't! There is nothing radical about being a feminine loveley uwu the patriarchy doesn't give two shits just wear your frilly clothes and go.

My love for the fashion is because I love pastels and cute shit, that is it. No politics involved, no patriarchy smashing, no feminism. I'm sick of not being able to enjoy anything anymore without having to consider the political context. Let people just have fun.
>>
File: rcfeminismandpolitics.png (34KB, 496x612px) Image search: [Google]
rcfeminismandpolitics.png
34KB, 496x612px
>>9470153
>>
>>9470103
I thought they were explaining that it's possible to love lolita but not wear it every day? There's probably a good amount of us who enjoy wearing lolita and can also wear jeans and t-shirts without having a massive identity crisis the way this conversation is making out that sort of choice to be.
>>
>>9470121
Link/caps plz
>>
File: LoversEye_N_red.jpg (101KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
LoversEye_N_red.jpg
101KB, 1200x1600px
>>9465523
Because it's cringeworthy and tasteless. Crooked and unappealing eye thing, cheap-looking crystals, clusterfuck of symbols, totally weird color and style solutions. While Fortuneteller series could be easily worn with classic or gothic, I can't imagine this being easily worn with any of them in general.
>>
>>9470043
That was an example. You said yourself you weren't into girly fashions, so what drew you to lolita? What is your style?
>>
>>9470165
No one was saying we'd have an identity crisis for not sticking to one style. My opinion is more along the lines of please look put together. At least in America it's common for people to go to school/grocery store/run errands in their pajamas looking like they just rolled out of bed. My co-workers show up to work in hoodies and t-shirts. At least try to look nice. Have a little pride in your outer appearance.
>>
File: macrolita11.jpg (34KB, 298x395px) Image search: [Google]
macrolita11.jpg
34KB, 298x395px
>>9470161
First comment is the best comment, too bad people are bitching about it
>>
>>9470197
>Have a little pride in your outer appearance.

If I'm going to the convenience store to pick up some Advil and juice I'm not going to get dressed up. Most people don't give a damn how you're dressed at the supermarket.
>>
>>9470197
I'm in complete agreement with you on that. And I can point to plenty of style bloggers who look perfectly put together in basics, and probably just as many lolitas who don't understand fit or color as optimized for their figures. Just because someone took the time to dress differently doesn't necessarily mean they know how to put it together properly or do it well.
>>
>>9470121
Did anyone catch someone trying to shoe horn ddlg on tumblr shit into that thread? I didn't get to read or before it got deleted
>>
>>9470213
Yup, nice basics can look plenty classy, there's nothing inherently wrong with wearing a nice pair of jeans and a sweater or top.
>>
File: link.png (7KB, 682x18px) Image search: [Google]
link.png
7KB, 682x18px
>>9470146
It wasn't started specifically as a feminist movement though, there's just overlap because it was about rebellion in their society and girls doing what they wanted. It's kind of like saying punk is a feminist movement - in a way, yeah, and a lot of punks were feminists and vice versa, but it didn't originate specifically for that reason. You're right that the two have been linked since very early on though, so finding a connection isn't totally rewriting history like some anons claim - this is otherwise a crappy article, but there's a Japanese pop psychologist here drawing the same sort of connection in 2004:

> ``Japan is still a male-dominated society, and it expects its young women to be cute and well-behaved,'' says Licca Kayama, a popular psychologist and author on Japan's subculture. Fashion is simply fashion, she says, but the black veils and funeral imagery appeals to certain troubled souls.
>``These women are saying women aren't just flowers, that they also have a cruel part in them. It's a protest against the male status quo.''

4chan thinks the link is spam so I had to put it in pic related.
>>
>>9469970
It's actually from Dark Box, not JetJ or Écailles de Lune. It's called Theotokos.
>>
>>9470118
Lief is a more respected brand in Japan
>>
>>9470261
>>9470118
>>9470115
god bless all of you, thank you for the help!!
>>
>>9470206
Depends on where you live, I guess. In my country/area it's expected that you wear clean, actual clothing (not pyjamas) whenever you go outside, even if you're just running to the grocery store. If you wear pyjamas or unwashed clothes outside you'll get stared at and people will think you're mentally ill.
However when I was in San Francisco for uni it shocked me how many people would wear pyjamas outside to the grocery store, to class, to hang out, whatever. I even saw people in slippers and bathrobes in the store but apparently that's normal there? Idk it was a huge culture shock for me. I understand not wanting to "dress up" for a quick errand, but imo dressing properly to be out in public is common decency and it doesn't take that much time or effort to put on at least a clean shirt and jeans.
>>
>>9470139
Nothing to do with feminism. This >>9470128
>Just a bunch of stupid people yelling in an attempt to try and make their opinions sound important.
is what facebook is.

>>9470224
Why did it get deleted? I thought the point of rufflechat was to have discussions.

>>9470252
Mte. Lolita has been influenced by a lot of things over the years and people have different reasons to wear it, so it's always half wrong to say ''lolita started because...''. Thanks for including the link but it might've been easier to just give us the title so we can google it.
>>
>>9470288
I guess I'm just a disgusting American then. I've gone out to Dennys with friends in just pajamas and I've gone out to the mall while dressed up. It just depends on how I feel that day and what I want to wear.
But I agree if you're going somewhere above a diner or fast food you should atleast wear jeans or a nice pair of leggings.
>>
>>9468455
I'm no expert at using weibo but I've noticed http://www.weibo.com/lolitachannel often reposts outfits like cof.
>>
>>9470291
It won't show up on Google because the page no longer exists and the wayback machine's archive isn't searchable, otherwise I would have given the title.
>>
>>9470288
Most Americans have the opinion that their clothing is strictly for them unless otherwise mandated (say, a work uniform). We don't usually dress to impress others, especially if we're just doing day-to-day errands. We dress for ourselves, which usually results in us wearing ultra comfy clothes.

It's kind of an extension of our highly individualistic culture. IMO it's one of the cooler aspects of American culture because it's just not something you tend to see elsewhere.
>>
>>9470168
Why they didn't just release the previous, well done planchette series, I'll never know.
>>
>>9470317
Same anon as >>9470306 and I don't speak for all Americans but for me its all or nothing. When I'm looking nice I want to wear makeup and do my hair. I'm not pretty or thin enough to pull off the effortless ~I can look good with just bb cream and mascara and a messy bun~ look. So I'm not going to waste a nice outfit and face of makeup if I'm not going to be out for awhile.
>>
>>9470084
I'm really petite but my boobs are slightly larger than the average japanese girl. Its just I recently got an MM blouse and I fit it perfectly, I'm just curious if things go any smaller.
>>
>>9470148
Thanks for the info! I'm a 97 cm bust so it sounds like I'd be pushing it too.
>>
>>9470159
Did you see that one girl saying that all choices women make are feminists because "women didn't used to be able to make choices" and then she got butthurt that someone didn't agree with her definition?

I wanted to go full radfem on her ass but I need to lay low with my TERF shit because there's a a bunch of tranny enablers in my comm who would have me kicked out.
>>
>>9470321
Sounds like a textbook example of American culture re: clothing. According to lolita subculture tough you should dress nicer.
>>
>>9470337
I don't care about lolita subculture, it's just different clothes for me. I wear lolita on days I want to wear lolita. I wear comfortable clothes on days I want to be comfortable.

>>9470333
I'm not a TERF but gender crit, and I feel your frustration. I didn't get to read the whole thread before it got deleted. I hope anon has more caps?
>>
>>9470346
Yeah I'm not really a TERF either. It was a transexual who introduced me to gender crit thinking. I've internalised the term after having it flung at me on tumblr I guess.

Also the thread is still there for me, has OP blocked you or something?
>>
>>9470161
I think people are overreacting. The ones claiming we already talk about politics too much outside lolita are also exaggarating. Or maybe it's just an American culture thing again. In the Netherlands people used to be much more politically involved than millennials are. A lot of the commenters obviously don't look outside their internet bubble either.
>>
>>9469776
As normie clothing with lolita items I mean these retro, sorta otome normie items with peterpan collars, cropped cardigans, Oxfords with ankle socks or tights, satchel bags...all items that are normie but could be used with lolita or otome items. Normie fashion isn't just plain lazy shit like a tee and jeans or simple basic dresses that are sexy. If you check carefully brands like H&M, Zara, Target, Forever 21 etc sometimes sell peterpan collared tops or dresses, cute printed knee/above knee skirts, ankle socks and patterned tights.
>>
>>9470392
>Zara
giving your money to the devil I see
>>
>>9470317
I'm Eurofag and just at home I wear confy items but that match my style like kigurumi pj or wear old gothic things I don't use anymore outside. I try to dress nicely when I go out even for just simple errands or groceries, that means I wear sorta otome/normie retro things with lolita items or styled like girly jfashion looks or goth toned down looks. Yes, I dress for myself because I hate to wear plain normie things or sweats when I go out and I feel myself when I dress frilly.
>>
>>9470397
Who cares, there are lots of shady brands around not just Zara. I always find nice pieces that could be used in girly jfashion.
>>
>>9470411
Like half those are owned by the same guy who owns zara tho. I bet you're the type of person who throws her trash on the street too since other people also do it and there was already some trash before.
>>
>>9470425
Anon, do you buy from taobao?You wouldn't never know if where you buy your lolita it's a shady business or not. Bodyline has also this issue and who knows even our precious burando brands. I'm wondering what brands do you buy if you think like this.
>>
>>9470317
Dressing sloppily is not dressing for yourself. Do you really feel good in clothes like that? You really wouldn't mind running into your friends dressed like that? I find it hard to believe it's individualistic as it'd have to be non-conforming to be individualistic. I believe it's laziness. Our culture has made it the norm to be lazy.

>>9470321
I find it really sad that you think of it as wasting an outfit. Looking put together makes me feel happier. I think you are being too harsh on yourself assuming you can't look put together in basics.
>>
>>9470492
I wouldn't be friends with people who would look down on me for not being dressed up 24/7. If that was the case, how would I handle being in a relationship? My significant other would *gasp* eventually have to see me dressed down/bare faced/in pajamas. My clothes and outward appearance are just one extension of myself. I do feel happy when I'm dressed up, but I don't need to be dressed up to be happy.
>>
>>9470392
I know, I'm not stupid. I still don't like those kinds of clothes.
>>
>>9470118
Because Haenuli isn't sold in Japan. Lief goes to a lot of indie brand markets, and Baroque is even sold at Kera Shop
>>
New thread here

>>9470627
>>9470627
>>9470627
>>
>>9470441
I don't buy from taobao or any shop that carries it. I check the country my clothes are made in and I know it's really difficult for fashion to be 100% 'ethical' no matter how hard they try, but at least I support shops that do try. There are actually a shitload of lolita brands that aren't evil, it's not difficult at all. It actually takes more effort to buy from 'bad' places like taobao if you're in Europe.
>>
>>9470526
A relationship isn't the same as friends though. I guess you can not care if you run into your employer, but for most people it'd be awkward. Either way, it still looks like laziness. Not to mention most people don't enjoy seeing others walking around in their pajamas. But I get it, Americans are selfish and don't care about anyone else.
>>
>>9470492
>Do you really feel good in clothes like that?
Yes
>You really wouldn't mind running into your friends dressed like that?
I'm always adorable so no I wouldn't mind at all.

You don't have to be non-conforming to be individualistic. Being individualistic is just doing what you want.
>>
>>9468507
i dont get my copy till the 26th
>>
>>9468879
people say it's a buyer's market, but sellers refuse to lower prices.
>>
File: pet.jpg (54KB, 480x464px) Image search: [Google]
pet.jpg
54KB, 480x464px
Haenuli is doing custom dress orders with photos of your own pets.
>>
File: royalkitten.jpg (81KB, 564x889px) Image search: [Google]
royalkitten.jpg
81KB, 564x889px
>>9471656
>>
Friendly reminder that the Stuart dynasty are the rightful heirs of the Kingdom of Scotland, England and Ireland.

Friendly reminder that Protestantism is a religion founded on political expediency, and that Catholicism is the one true faith.

Consider yourselves reminded.
>>
>>9472836
Thank you
>>
>>9468507
An and Jane have been part of the scene for a long time. I really love this book. Im only a small way into it, but it's a series of comics that describe various mundane or relatable lolita moments. What is really well done are the essays. An has written a thesis called Maiden’s Fashion As Eternal Becomings: Victorian Maidens and Sugar Sweet Cuties Donning Japanese Street Fashion in Japan and North America. She really does a good job of broadening the history of lolita fashion to more than just well it's started in the 90s but has roots in the 70s.

I honestly really like this book, but I wont be posting photos of the content. You should really support these artist and lolita, they've done a number of contributions to the community. That alone to me, merits my support.
>>
>>9476544
Thank you! Sadly it's not available in my country, so I hope it doesn't have any history/information that isn't already available online.
Thread posts: 339
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.