[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Animazement 2017

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 326
Thread images: 30

File: animazement.png (261KB, 496x395px) Image search: [Google]
animazement.png
261KB, 496x395px
The "in case you forgot about this shitstorm" Edition.

>Old one: >>9379091
>>
>log in
>see this
>see hoard
>scroll down
>fakeboi crying about no money for con
>scroll down
>same fakeboi looking for a room for them and their teddy

I feel like taking a drink every time I saw a cringe post on the FB group would kill me from alcohol poisoning.
>>
>>9459862
Who cares, that event has always been cancer. The few girls who attend do it for fun and the legion of guys do it because they think they'll get laid. The better option for guys is to do what I do and not talk to anyone other than to get cute pictures.
>>
>>9459963
>few girls who attend do it for fun

Heaven forbid anyone attend a speed dating event for fun..
>>
>>9459967
I wasn't calling them out for having fun, just that the event itself is worthless because there is a mismatch in expectations. Either make the event clearly for fun or clearly serious so both sides can get more out of it.
>>
>>9459977
I really can't see how anyone attending a con would take a speed dating event seriously
>>
>>9459866
So many fake bois at the con.
>>9459862
What made last one a shitstorm. Im just waiting till we get something like pic related, because thats when i kniw the cons hit rock bottom.
>>9459977
When is speed dating ever serious?
>>
>>9459979
>>9459995
You're kidding right? Have you been to the speed dating event? It was full of socially unaware guys who took it very seriously.
>>
>>9459999
I thought about going to it, but I think my money is better spent at one of those maid cafes.
>>
>>9460021
>>9459979

For someone who's never been to one, you sure have some strong opinions about who attends them.
>>
>>9459999
I was about to go to one at a local con once for fun, but 1. they only had straight options and 2. I saw the line and realised it was full of all the neckbeards from the local anime scene who I always have to dodge at the club picnics.

no thanks man, i did an instant 180 back to my hotel room.
>>
>>9459999
Nice quads. I've been once and didn't take it seriously at all, im a guy btw.
>>9460021
I don't think money is worth either past the first time.
>>9460027
>Club
Wew
>>
>>9460021
Funnily enough maid cafes may be the one event as bad as speed dating panels, and I'm someone with a maid fetish.
>>
>>9460039
Kek, pretty much why I'd only suggest it once if someone is really interested. I rarely hear or see good things come out of these maid cafe and speed dating events.
>>
>>9460044
AUSA has a really good maid cafe, I'll give them that. Host club has some good members but I've not gone in years.
>>
>>9460027
>I saw the line and realised it was full of all the neckbeards from the local anime scene
>NatGeo Special: Teh Endangered Species -Weaboo-Sapien in pretend mating competitiion series
>>
>>9460024
You don't have to actually go to see who stands in line, which tells you more than enough

>>9460027
Case in point
>>
Thoughts?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/P5-Game-PERSONA-5-Hero-Cosplay-Wig-Cosplay-Porter-Party-Hair-/182548901515?hash=item2a80c32e8b:g:WOMAAOSwtGlZAj~P
>>
>>9460129
MC is hot as fuck in his Joker outfit
>>
File: downright offensive.jpg (248KB, 500x648px) Image search: [Google]
downright offensive.jpg
248KB, 500x648px
>>9459995
>Yaoi and You: A Feminist Perspective
>Rape culture
>Can a feminist really enjoy boy love

Lawd have mercy!
>>
>>9460256
Guy on a discord im in is going to that con. I hope he brings pics or a video. I need to see the mental gymnastics they use.
>>
>>
>>9460848
I like how she thinks staff won't get her outside and tell her to go change.
>>
>>9460848
>Having a problem with skin colour tights
Tights have their benefits, like covering bad skin.
Also>>9460849 staff looks out for the more questionable cosplays.
>>
>>9460887
Her bikini has a huge cutout window on her tits and the bottoms barely cover.
>>
>>9460892
Jesus Christ how the fuck does she expect to walk in public like that.
>>
>>9460900
Same way all the other sluts do. Not the first time it's happened and won't be the last.

>>9459967
Speed dating is advertised as dating not as an excuse to talk to random strangers for a laugh. When speed dating first hit the scene it was for people who didn't have a lot of time or struggled to meet the opposite sex. If I was going to an anime con event I'd assume it would be socially awkward people and sheltered people looking for a potential partner. That 4-5/10 girl who's rather shy but enjoys reading manga when no one else in her school does so she's lonely but can't help what she likes is the sort of girl I would expect to be at those events. I wouldn't expect mega cunts making fun of neckbeards stuttering because they turned up dressed as Lum.

If you turn up to one of those events just "for fun" with no intention of actually looking for someone then you're basically bullying the autists for your own amusement. It's pretty crappy thing to do when you're getting people's hopes up of finding someone and it turns out you're just dicking around.
>>
File: angery.jpg (23KB, 480x477px) Image search: [Google]
angery.jpg
23KB, 480x477px
>>9459995
This could have been a really interesting panel on the themes in yaoi and how heterosexual womens' fantasies play into them but something tells me that its going to be trying to apply Western feminism to Japanese media which doesn't really work.

>>9460129
You may not get that in time for the con.
>>
>>9460923
I wouldn't go anyway. It's not lgbt friendly and neckbeards giving you the evil eye for chatting up other females is not my idea of something I'd pay money to do.
>>
>>9460975
And nothing of value was lost.
>>
>>9460923
thats a fairly optimistic view of people that go to it. besides even if you dont take it seriously maybe youll still find someone to hang with at the con from it.
>>9460975
>non lgbt friendly
i thought it was now, but i might be wrong.
>>
>>9459862
>never met the guy in person and I only have one memory of him commenting on my snowflake fake trans status but let's all honor this guy I don't know while I still make the post all about me and how I'm totally a guy!!!
>>
>>9460848
>>9460849
>>9460887
I wore a Quiet cosplay last year and while I was plenty covered by my gear and tights, I had two overweight AZ volunteers stop me at different times to tell me I should change. Apparently my tights were "too see through" and my "physique was not family friendly". I had been walking around just fine and even went through weapons check with no one on staff telling me I was indecent. I went up to Con Ops and presented myself to them and got the official okay to continue wearing it but it still put a damper on my day.

That girl is definitely not going to be within con regulations and will more than likely get caught. But if you or someone you know gets stopped and you think you are in the right, don't hesitate to argue it. Especially if they are just a volunteer who thinks they have authority to do that when they don't.
>>
>>9460975
>Animazement
>not LGBT friendly

Where are you getting this from? I've been to AZ for years and never had a problem with anyone not being welcoming with that kind of stuff. I've never heard anything from any of my LGBT friends either.
>>
>>9461118
My bad you meant speed dating in particular. I haven't heard anything about the one at AZ but I know a couple of other NC ones are very LGBT friendly. (One is run by a gay dude I believe?)
>>
>>9461107
Were they the AZ Bee volunteers or staffers?
>>
>>9460923
Hit too close to home?
>>
>>9461138
Not sure. When I described the attire they had on, the folks at con ops immediately knew they were just volunteers. It had something to do with the color of their vest or something.
>>
>>9461103
Virtue signaling 101
>>
>>9461107
>two overweight AZ volunteers stop me
Not surprised.
>>
>>9461122
Uh, the guy who ran it in 2015 didn't even separate men and women because "everybody can be attractive to everybody" or some shit. If anything, it wasn't friendly to anyone's orientation but pansexuals
>>
>>9461377
Con volunteers wear bright yellow vests. Staffers have identical themed tshirts with STAFF on the back. Volunteers have no authority and can't tell you to leave for any reason or take your badge. The most they can do is get a staffer or security member, that's it. If you have issues with volunteers you should definitely do what you did and find someone in co-ops to report it to. If you want quicker results for issues with volunteers, find the nearest staffer in proximity because odds are that volunteer is working under them.
>>
>>9461266
Not remotely, I have no interest in speed dating. I just have this weird aversion to making a joke out of people who are already struggling to get by. You have these guys who are already bottom of the barrel tier but they're at least making an effort and then you have a bunch of cunts thinking it's fun to ruin their event to get some cheap thrill and attention. This isn't like trolling on the internet where they can walk away, you're fucking with them IRL for absolutely no good reason.

It's like running up to a kid struggling to play football and kicking his ball into the road, you're a dick. You're fucking people over for absolutely no reason but you get the fun of being a dick to the... wait why am I bothering? Welcome to /cgl/, everyone's a mega cunt while acting like they're perfect angels who totally cosplay for the love of the character and absolutely nothing else. Hey did you hear Janes a slut and her underwear isn't hand made like mine is?
>>
>>9461392
I want someone to program a bot that calls it out automatically across all platforms. It's so transparent when people do it, but hardly anyone calls it out because nobody wants to deal with the ensuing REEEEEing
>>
>>9461565
i think your over reacting. when i did speed dating for fun it was just to socialize with people more or less. do you think people who go just for the fun of it act like cunts or something?
>>
>>9461583
>Go to an event about finding a partner
>Waste people's time
>"How am I being a dick? I'm having fun socializing XD"
>>
>>9461565
Yeahhhh sounds like you're projecting pal
>>
>>9461605
Well speed dating itself is a flawed concept anyway; the people who do get numbers have no trouble getting a date normally, the leftovers are still the leftovers. Nothing changes because it's at a con.

There has to be a normal speed dating and a 'bottom of the barrel' speed dating where there's person deciding if you are unattractive enough to enter. Only then will you get your homely but true otaku gf or whatever.
>>
>>9461392
What's that ?
>>
>>9460923

I wil be brutally honest with. I actually did this last as a guy and it felt like one of those job interviews where you got a long line of eager unemployed bums looking for any kind of work. A single girl would get several numbers where as the average guy would be lucky if he even had one and that is just to get your foot on the door.

Taught me some basics though and would be a glutton for more punishment.
>>
Anyone know if the same people that did the Pokemon GLC are gonna do it again this year? It was one of the highlights for me from last year.
>>
>>9461715
Making a big deal in public of how much you hate something your social group sees as morally wrong or love something your social group sees as morally right. The point being to make it all about yourself and score social standing points instead of doing actual good for the cause. ie, making a Twitter rant against bullying when in private you shit talk all the ugly itas.
>>
>>9462615
You learn something new every day!
>>
>>9461607
Even if he is, he still has a point.

If you're not actually looking to meet someone, don't bother the people who are as a form of getting negative attention.
>>
>>9463196
I just think it's silly to go in seriously believing that you're going to meet your soulmate. Friends, sure, but the likelihood if you finding an actual partner is slim to none.

Like a previous anon said, the ones that get the most attention are going to be the ones that don't have issues with it in everyday life. Someone going just for fun is fine, it's hardly as serious as some people take it
>>
>>9463211
>I don't think it works
>therefore I have the right to shit on their hopes
You sound like a kind individual
>>
>>9463329
are you suggesting pity dating or something
>>
>>9463329
I'm just being realistic and, again, you're projecting. Don't know who hurt you but speed dating is really not that serious
>>
File: cap.png (602KB, 489x580px) Image search: [Google]
cap.png
602KB, 489x580px
>all that makeup
>still comes out looking like a creepy-ass photoshop
>>
>>9463427
>>
>>9463427
less is more has never been truer
>>
What are you anon's cosplaying as? I'm just Delsin Rowe from Infamous Second son. I remember that game? Eh. It's my first cosplay too.
>>
>>9463427
Less is more is something more people should understand
>>
>>9463526
Cosplaying from Sailor Moon and Yuri!!! on Ice. Mostly because they're comfortable.
>>
Wanted to be valor form and master form Sora, but my fat self wont fit in the cosplays

rip me
>>
>>9463562
Sounds more like you're ripping the costumes
>>
>>9463562
try losing weight?
>>
File: PICKALREADY.png (14KB, 486x129px) Image search: [Google]
PICKALREADY.png
14KB, 486x129px
>Sorry I can't go!
>Oh wait I can go!
>Hey guys I need a room for me and my teddy bear so I can go!
>Sadface I'm not going.

No one even knows who you are so just stop already.
>>
>>9463427
I find it hilarious he is doing white face. He posted before and after pics, and he is literally trying to look more white to "look better cosplaying".
(of course that cant be racist tho. and yes, I do find it ironic that that is ok to do.
but a white cosplayer can't make themselves more tan to be more like a character)
>>
>>9464113
Nah no ripping

>>9464163
Tried, didn't work.

I'll just use a corset and try that.
>>
>>9464178
My favorite part was
>"lol I am girl give me money for con"
>"um I'm a boy"
>uhohsnowflake.jpg
>>
>>9464248
Next time use MyFitnessPal
>>
>>9464254
>MyFitnessPal
I'll look into it right now, thanks!
>>
>>9464181
Nobody said it was okay though? Both are equally stupid and the people that do it always look bad
>>
>>9464251
Mine favorite part is when she made a Canadian Rob post about herself.
>>
>>9464251
I feel like the fakebois have gotten even worse in NC lately, I feel like I can't talk to anyone without trying to turn tricks around their gender
>>
>>9464372
Literally this. I read it and the progress of it was:

>Canadian Rob
>Me
>Me
>Me
>Canadian Rob
>Me
>>
I get a kick out of watching those cosplay vids on youtube. However, they're all the same tho. Same type of music and slow pan camera shots.
>>
>>9464381
Fake boi fad needs to go.
>>
>>9464411
She literally put up a gofundme for animazement

Jfc
>>
>>9465484
She's a goldmine for KeKs
>>
>>9461107
That's a pretty disgusting thing to cosplay as at a family friendly con. You should just go to 18+ cons if you want to attention whore.
>>
>>9465484
offering no rewards.
I mean, the cost of giving a hand job is practically nothing.
>>
>>9465484
Didn't this same shit happen last year? And it became a running joke? I guess some people don't learn

>>9465493
>18+ cons
Is that even a thing that exists? Most cons advertise themselves as family friendly but a con is not really a place for kids
>>
>>9465517
last year it was some basic bitch trying to be famous and get her D.va bodysuit paid for. Mike P roasted her on the thread.
>>
>>9465484
>Attending this convention has been a way for me to cope with my depression,

I wonder how she would feel when the con ends.
>>
>>9465528
If it was such a big coping mechanism for them then they should have saved the money. You have all year to do it.
>>
>>9465588
If they started now, they'll surely have enough for next year. Even if they go to Ichibancon.
>>
>>9465608
But anon, that's be too hard for someone like them who needs all their money to tend to their teddy bear. $5 says they pull a "Canadian Rob would want me to go" card.
>>
>>9465610
Heh. Not putting it pass them.
>>
File: thepins.png (605KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
thepins.png
605KB, 700x700px
>>9465484
Time to whip out these pins again.

(I've got shit lighting here so the left one says "I blocked AZ staff")
>>
>>9466119
Nice to see you here. lol
>>
>>9466129
Hello! I'm ready to get started on my AZ group butthurt ita bag.
>>
so glad to see my buttons in this thread. am i famous yet
>>
>>9463427

This guy... he legit loves cosplaying and spends tons of money and time cosplaying. Great that he has a passion for it. But he is pretty unlikable because you can tell he's only doing it for attention and asspats. The sad truth is that he'll never be "the best x character" like he wants to be because he's black and too old to be cosplaying the characters he cosplays.
>>
>>9466139
Speaking of itabags, anyone bringing one?
>>
>>9466146
Nope
>>
>>9466305
>only doing it for attention
Isn't that part of the reason people cosplay?

>he's black
Well, that's not fair...
>>
Do how is everyone doing on the Animazement cosplay crunch? I am starting to work on props since that is all that is left for some cosplays. It will be tough trying to finish but every year I am in the same situation.
>>
>>9466535
*How
>>
File: IMG_0933.jpg (136KB, 926x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0933.jpg
136KB, 926x640px
>>9459995
>a feminist perspective
LMAO.
Do they know that the Japanese women who work in the industry don't give a shit about their opinion whether it's sexual violence or yaoi? Characters are made up and whatever happening to them in series is not real and it goes without saying that "protecting" the rights of fictional characters is meaningless.

As said in the panel, the yaoi industry is filled with women who have worked hard for get there and not allowing them to work and banning yaoi/yuri would leave them in a position that would enforce sexism towards them already in a field (manga, anime etc.) that is in general predominantly male.
>>
>>9466525

Key word being "only".

Well of course it's not fair that being black is linked with less accurate cosplay.

But I feel like him whitening himself with makeup draws more attention to his race than if he were any other black cosplayer.
>>
>>9466305
I could give two shits what his race is. The plain fact is that his cosplays are very average and his makeup is cringey. But he won't listen to criticism because he's delusional and egotistical and surrounds himself with fake internet friends who all give him asspats and circlejerk each other with how mean and unfair the rest of the cosplay world is. And if someone gives him legit constructive criticism, he can only take it as an insult and blames it on people being haters and racists.
I honestly feel bad for this guy from what I've seen. But hey, what can you do?
>>
>>9466535
Just paid out the arse for DHL for a last minute cosplay and one I still need to take in and hem. My itabags are only 50% done as well. Exams are a hell of a time sucker.
>>
>>9461607
Nah you're the one doing that dude.
>>
>>9465493
It's literally a bikini top and some tights, and it's from a mainstream video game. Do you think women shouldn't wear bikinis to the beach either? If you wanted to call them a whore just do that, don't pretend you're trying to protect the children.
>>
>>9466759
We've moved on now, try to keep up

>>9466708
I have to agree. I don't think his stuff is all that impressive
>>
>>9466733
I had to do that for Katsucon on some stuff. Paid like $50 but the stuff arrived on time.
>>
File: killmenow.png (8KB, 299x250px) Image search: [Google]
killmenow.png
8KB, 299x250px
>>9466841
I got a good deal on DHL but my wallet is killing me.
>>
I wanna stick around for the closing ceremony, should I?
>>
>>9467230
If you want to then you should.
>>
>>9467283
Alright. Anything special?
>>
>>9467230
I've never been to the opening ceremony but I've been to the closing ceremony a few times. No real point honestly.
>>
I had planned to room with this, and he changed his mind last night, less than 3 weeks from the con.

Asshole.
>>
>>9467970
*room with this guy
>>
>>9467970
Try finding a room on the FB group? Either that or spring for airbnb.
>>
Looks like Terry Hall is ditching us next year.
>>
>>9468070
Who and why?
>>
>>9467970
I just had a rooming situation myself and the Holiday Inn Downtown and a Hampton Inn down the road are still open as far as I know.

But like >>9467995 said, it might also be worthwhile to ask on the Facebook group. I checked Airbnb and unfortunately there's not a lot of options any more but there are a couple private rooms still available. (There is also bizarrely enough someone renting a tent for $30/night...)
>>
>>9468092
The tent listing is hilarious. I wonder if they've managed to ever rent it out to someone just wanting to say they did it.
>>
>>9468090
He is that black cosplayer people here dislike. He said he was skipping Animazement for Momo-con next year.
>>
>>9468267
I know, right? It looks like it has one review so somebody must have stayed there at some point but I just don't understand why. I'm kind of baffled by the legality of it all since it doesn't seem to be in anyone's backyard or anything. Did a guy just grab and tent and some sleeping bags and pitch in the middle of Raleigh to get some spare cash??
>>
>>9466432
If I can get mine finished in time, I'll be bringing it with me.
>>
>>9468452
He got butt hurt that he was posted in this thread (he made a status whining about it) and now he thinks going to Momocon will somehow make it all better lol
>>
>>9469433
He might as well stop going to other cons since they do the same thing we've done.
>>
>>9460848
The staff at this con actually get offended by someone dressing sexy?
>>
>>9469739
its a "family friendly" con. they are very strict about cosplayers.
AZ is really lame now. they literally get the same shit tier guests! I have never seen a con do this so much. I am so tired of DBZ voice actors and astronauts.
They really need to step up their game.
>>
>>9469742
>>9469739
Yea seriously.

AZ has really gone too family friendly to the point where a large part of the audience are moms, dads, and their little snotnoses. It's also why AZ isn't primarily about anime/manga anymore; it's about wider Japanese culture. The guest list gets worse every year if you're only into anime/manga. It's funny considering AZ started as an anime marathon at NCSU.
>>
>>9469750
it needs to go back to actual anime/manga themes. they can have some cultural guests...but lets get some new people already. Its been like 4 years now of this mess....
ALSO who wants to go to a con filled with children.
The con attendees with the actual money are older anyways. they need to realize that.
>>
>>9469742
Definitely too many preteens and kids at pretty much all NC cons.
>>
>>9469742
Yeah. People in the Facebook group we're pretty much asking for more guest from the industry.
>>
>>9469742
...who goes to a con for "family friendliness"? I can get that at home. You know, with family.
>>
>>9470178
>bring your toddlers and tards so we can get more money to never use it on anything for the con, fuck expanding or getting good guests amirite?
>>
>>9466305

While it's impressive that he is so into cosplay that he does like 10 costumes a con, I got that feeling too. He told me last AZ he was changing out of a cosplay after only an hour because he wasn't getting enough attention. So damn insecure.

>>9468452

And nothing of value was lost.

>>9469433

Regardless of how incredibly pathetic it is to dodge a con just because seagulls don't like him, does he not realize that;

1) The Atlanta scene has incredible overlap with the Carolinas and nobody likes him down there either.

2) Since momocon/AZ started occurring the same weekend the better craftsmanship/elitists/cosfame types go to Momocon over AZ and it will be even more dramu for him in Atlanta?
>>
File: AxelAshcosplay.png (669KB, 591x595px) Image search: [Google]
AxelAshcosplay.png
669KB, 591x595px
>>9470463
He and AxelAsh can hang out and be attention seeking buddies and swap bad makeup tips.
>>
>>9470581
whos axelash?
>>
does anyone know when animazement is going to release their guidebook or release anymore information on the formal dance?
>>
>>9470735
at least another week from now
>>
>>9470713
https://encyclopediadramatica.rs/Luvmonkeys
>>
>>9470744
jfc the autism
>>
>>9470772
Thankfully she tried to come here once, got laughed at in the FB group, and then swore off NC conventions forever.
>>
>>9470778
And has she really stayed away from Nc cons?
>>
>>9470786
As far as I know, yeah. She's going to Momocon this month and generally sticks to GA, VA, or FL now. She's already been kicked out of the local VA cosplay group.
>>
>>9470794
That was such an excellent read
How do these people exist
>>
>>9470798
She's gotten worse past that ED article though. She's got her own topic on lolcow that's active.
>>
>>9470772
>>9470798
Where have you guys been?
>>
>>9470809
I dont frequent 4chan, so mostly on tumblr and facebook
>>
>cars airbags and seatbelts are fucked
Hope this gets done in time for con.
>>
File: badart.png (260KB, 999x362px) Image search: [Google]
badart.png
260KB, 999x362px
It looks so bad but you know they'll have a line out the door all weekend.
>>
>>9471779
It was my first time going to a maid cafe period last year and this one was so shitty that it made me not want to go to another one
>>
>>9471780
I recommend Anime USA's maid and host club stuff. I haven't been in a while but they've seemed to have kept up their standards.
fb.com/MCoTMaidCafe/
>>
>>9471780
>>9471789
Also they have an actual menu with actual food to choose from.
>>
>>9471789
>>9471793
Just looked through some of the photos and I'm jealous they have sandwiches. Looks like it's well put together.

AZ's last year was a shitshow. The maid my table had was awful and she just...forgot about us and didn't bring us our food until the performance was almost over? She only brought tea for half the table and she kept having to come back to tell us 'oh we don't have any more of that'.

My friend ended up walking over and getting us pieces of cake because we had been waiting so long. They tried to give us free cookies afterwards but, at that point, we all just wanted to leave. The performance was pretty terrible on its own and, the same problem at most maid cafes, nobody was wearing the same outfit.

I wouldn't have cared so much if we didn't pay for it.
>>
>>9471825
Yeah I've never been but I've seen pictures of the food and outfits, along with reading stories of the service and I wouldn't be happy either. I know they're just starting out but I don't think they really screen the maids or go to the effort of training them properly.

It's a bit like Anime Weekend Atlanta's maid cafe in that case. They all look like hotel workers and random maid cosplayers you see on the floor look and act better than the official maids.
>>
Y'all see that drama in that Facebook group where a guy got butthurt because he couldn't get a discount for his "disability"? He even gives the con a 1 star on its business page.
>>
>>9471868
That went on for aaaaages. He's one of those blokes who'd corner you at a con and try to get you to do something with him and call racist/whatever when you tried to get away.
>>
File: herewegoagain.png (23KB, 491x207px) Image search: [Google]
herewegoagain.png
23KB, 491x207px
Not this shit again.
>>
>>9471927
If any of that is remotely true, then I do feel bad for him. But it still stems back to people acting like a probably overpriced anime convention is going to solve all their problems.
>>
that guy went on a rampage and I was asked to not sell my "give me a discount" button. Guy has a felony on his record.
>>
>>9466544
no matter how hard you work, if all you're producing is filthy little stories about rape, you've wasted your life
>>
>>9471927
A con is not life or death, holy shit, these people are delusional. And there are so many here, why?
>>
>>9472434
Disabled ranting dude has a felony? Holy shit what for?
>>
>>9471927
she owns BJD's--but cant afford a con for a day pass? sure....
>>
>>9472977
And the post is still up too. OP hasn't replied to anything since yesterday though.
>>
>>9470387
Exactly

One of the big problems with AZ is that because they get an educational grant, they have to keep it educational.

While I like having some Japanese culture guests, we're losing out in terms of industry guests, which is why we get the same ones over and over.

I wonder if the "family friendly" thing is a part of the education bit?
>>
>>9466305
Honestly, race is irrelevant. Ive seen Asian cosplayers with shit costumes and makeup while on the other hand, the best old joseph I've seen so far has been a black dude. This guy just isnt very good. He looks like a ghost of himself trying to make himself lighter. Put more of that effort into not being insecure about yourself and buy the right color foundation.
>>
>>9472977
They're probably recasts she got from China for $80
>>
>>9466119
Wow you are a sad fat faggot
>>
>>9472967
Lol I am that guy I don't have a felony and never had Robert went so far as to show up on my YouTube channel and rant to me about how he would have me arrested for "communicating threats" after I banned him from my Facebook page who is really the piece of shit here fatty?
>>
>>9474520
>>9474529
Should've guessed he'd come here looking for asspats on his "muh disability give me a discount!" crying.
>>
>>9474643
Funny part is I simply asked for a discount read the review I mean I know you are from nc so it's par for the course to not be able to read and clearly going off of your photos you also can't stop eating but if you can find the time to stop mainlining Doritos via crushing them and doing lines, with your equally large and cow sized wife. Maybe you could take some night classes on literacy and you could read what I actually wrote. I didn't complain about there not being a discount I complained about how petty and disgusting you and the other piece of shit staff members are that you couldn't be bothered to answer my simple question about could argue about my opinion for days, you revel in tormenting an autistic girl if you read the ED article. You can suck my dick Robert like I told you on the AZ page. Enjoy stalking me and acting like its me. Nice victim complex it's probably from the front butt you have for a hunch on your back putting pressure on your brain.
>>
>>9474676
I really doubt this is him considering it reads like bait, but why do you deserve a discount?
Because you're disabled?
Fuck off. Disabled people are entitled to access ramps and good parking, not money off on a fucking anime convention. It's not a need, it's a want. A luxury want at that, most people can't take take off work or travel to go to these things.
>>
>>9474687
Not at any point have I said I or any other disabled person deserve a discount I simply asked if there was one because many cons will give them if you ask. Believe it or not disabled people do deserve to enjoy themselves. You seem to have a real personal issue with the disabled, jealous because we have more potential time to eat?
>>
>>9474705
And because I asked, you and half of the rest of the staff have argued with me for almost a week and you personally have come onto my YouTube page and my Facebook and threatened me with arrest for my opinion. Real normal shit.
>>
>>9474687
Lol and if you read this response you describe your own convention as a luxury want, you are admitting it's overpriced like I said.
>>
I am so lost right now
>>
>>9474713
Just ignore the troll. Everyone and their mother is begging for discounts, free badges, and GoFundMe's to afford AZ this year.
>>
>>9474762
$65 is not bad for a badge. Especially for an established con that's been growing in size.

Cons and cosplaying aren't necessities and if you don't have the money, Everyone crying about it and wanting some sort of sympathy really needs to get better priorities.
>>
>>9474798
They really need to but this is Animazement we're talking about. Probably one of the worst weeb-tier special snowflake cons on the East Coast.
>>
>>9474762
Lol Yeah maybe because it's extremely fucking overpriced. You bill yourself as a family friendly convention and charge children over 6 there is literally no other convention that does that. Rationalize that one.
>>
>>9474803
The entire NC convention scene is really gross
>>
File: momocon.png (12KB, 942x80px) Image search: [Google]
momocon.png
12KB, 942x80px
>>9474839
>literally no other convention that does that
Animazement charges a kid price for ages 6-12 years old, anyone under 6 is free. Anyone 13+ is charged adult price.

Momocon, same weekend and same 'family friendly' billing charges kids 9 years and up a full adult price.

Anime USA charges kids 6-12 a kids price as well and they're family friendly.

I could go on dude, I really could.
>>
>>9474859
Wow two examples. Please do go on fat ass. Super family friendly 65.00 for a six year old, lol all about the children animazement. You should make an ED page about kids.
>>
>>9474859
Why do kids deserve a discount? most kids can't even get time off from work, It's a luxury for the children in the sweatshops.
>>
Ignoring this guy, what are some things you gulls think could make AZ better or improve it? Better guests? Panels? Events?
>>
>>9474884
Maybe discounts for kids, not that they deserve them, the scumsucking pieces of shit they are. Less fat Robert.
>>
>>9474839
>extremely overpriced
It's like 60 fucking dollars for a weekend ticket + hotel expenses. The hotel rooms are, by the way, at discount con rate. If you still can't afford it, maybe you shouldn't go to an anime con. No one is entitled to go to a fucking convention. You're no better than the high school teenagers who whine and cry that mommy won't take them and their friends won't put up with them.

>>9474884
A return to focus on the anime/manga industry and fewer "Japanese culture" guests and events.
>>
>>9474889
For a convention it's size it is overpriced as fuck. Oh wow a hotel discount ? not for the disabled though right? I mean fuck them. Wanting to have fun and shit what fuckers.
>>
>>9474892
Last year's attendance was almost 15k which might put it in the top 25 for USA. It is by no means a small convention. If it's so expensive, why don't you fuck off to another convention?
>>
This is goign to be my first convention guys, I'm mostly just interested in buying weeb shit

any tips?
>>
>>9474899
Oh fuck man 15k jesus that's out of control like your weight. Lolololololololol
>>
>>9474903
The dealer's room is overpriced as hell. Wait until the last day or go to the swap meet.
>>
>>9474907
No man it's a good deal. HOW DARE YOU? THIS IS THE FUCKING CATALINA WINE MIXER OF CONVENTIONS 26th LARGEST IN THE US!
>>
>>9474907
What if someone buys the titty mouse pad I want tho
>>
>>9474916
Well if he's disabled, just knock him over and take it
>>
>>9474919
Hell yeah man, and if he asks for a discount stalk his facebook page and youtube page and threaten him with frivolous legal charges like the piece of shit he is
>>
>>9474907
Never buy from the dealers; room, EVER
Just go to the Artist Alley and the Swap Meet, like anon said. If there's anything you want, it's cheaper online, even with a SS/proxy.

Only go to the dealer's room if you're super desperate.
>>
>>9474923
>>9474907
damn I'm kinda doubting if I should even go now
whats the swap meet?
>>
>>9474925
Are you asking what a swap meet is, or what the AZ swap meet is? People exchange/privately sell items. I haven't been since the AZ forums died because it used to be organized there, but I'm sure there's info on one of the facebook groups.
>>
>>9474927
Sorry, what a swap meet is
didn't read/see anything about it on their site
>>
>>9474930
Different anon but a swap meet is where you bring your old stuff and trade it for someone else's old stuff.
>>
Just ignore and report this fake troll's posts. He's not the real guy.
>>
>>9474803
>>9474841
It really is. I've been trying to get into it but every con I've been to has just been full of preteens. Kind of excited for Raleigh Supercon but that's about it. Skipping AZ this year but I might go next year if it improves.
>>
>>9474971
I wouldn't go man objectively it's better to head to the atlanta area
>>
How early is good to get in line for ticket/badge at the door? I live out in Fayettenam.

>>9474950
>>9474927
Thanks pals
>>
>>9474979
Honestly unless you get there super early on Friday/Saturday you'll always be line cucked. Although, I've never been on Thursday.
>>
>>9474979
As a former staffer, your best bet is Friday morning. Literally nothing happens Thursday so you're waiting in line for hours for a bit of plastic to get you in to see nothing. Friday morning get there an hour before doors open and you'll be one of the first ten in line for badges guaranteed.
>>
>>9474884
AZ needs to get better anime-industry related guests. I don't mind cultural guests as long as they're not the whole convention. Leave the cultural stuff to local Japanese associations.

I'd also like to see some Japanese fashion guests but I've heard that AZ has a bit of a chip on their shoulder relating to fashion stuff.
>>
>>9474986
Really? Got any deets?
>>
>>9474884
Maybe confirm panels earlier than like a month beforehand? It's hard to plan around and for if notice isn't given until so late.

> maid cafe
It's been a shitshow from day one. Either do it right or don't do it at all. It would be better to have it for a short amount of time with a few well qualified staffers than a long time with the cringy teenagers running around.

Better dealers in the dealer's room- I'm so tired of seeing the same bootleg shit year after year. There's a few gems, but they're buried.

Also like other anons said, get actual interesting guests. No one over 14 wants to see Rachel and Jun.
>>
>>9466305

Yeah. I feel like if this was an average white guy people would call him a creep or avoid him.. but if you're black and do anything cosplay related, shit-tier is forgiven and people kiss your ass.

I've never been impressed by his cosplays.
>>
>>9475322
Bootlegs are a huge problem at AZ and the NEVER call it out. It's such a scalp-show
>>
>>9476395
It's insane the amount of Taobao knockoff stuff as well, especially in AA.
>>
>>9476454
That seems to be a general issue with NC cons, I saw the knockoff Luna purses in the dealer's room at Triad Anime and at Ichibancon.

I didn't know this had spread to the AA, are they selling unofficial toabao charms as fanart? That's pretty shitty.
>>
I wish I was good at detecting bootlegs at the dealers room.
>>
>>9476515
Browse Taobao for a couple hours before you go. I can walk into a dealers room now, look at stuff, and feel like I can pull out my phone and get the same thing on my Taobao browser in 5 minutes. Same with Aliexpress.

>>9476507
Worst I've seen is AWA's artist alley. That place is rampant with Taobao stuff in that they'll get jewelry that's Taobao sold and pass it off as their own. It's less on the fanart side but more on the crafting side.
>>
>>9476515
Don't know about other things, but with figures, ask to see the box. If they don't have it, pass. If they do have it, still examine the box because Chinese knockoffs can still sometimes duplicate boxes but there are tells.

Look at the paint on the figure, usually the flesh tones are duller and waxier, and the lines aren't as fine on the eyes. The molds usually aren't as exact either, especially on figures that have stereotypical anime axe-face.

For things like chibi figures, especially petit-charas because dealer rooms are terrible for selling knock off Sailor Moon Petit Charac figures, look at the bases because the knock-off ones tend to be plainer and missing marks such as symbols or copyright marks. All figures are made in China, but they will have something like the creator's initials or the studio name along with the china mark, knockoffs just say made in China.

In general, cons are a bad place to buy merch in this day in age. There are several reputable goods dealers online such as AmiAmi or HobbyLink and shopping services. The sticky on the ita bag thread should have some proxy services listed.

tldr, don't buy from cons, it's impulse buying.
>>
>>9473290
Haha. Nice.
>>
>>9476530
I will say this about dealers rooms though, they got good junk food and you can find gold if you browse the yard-sale looking secondhand booths. I find a lot of old anime merch for cheap in those.
>>
I just go to cons to hang out, cosplay, party, take photos, and the occasional panel.

Merch and getting signatures are for plebs and shit-tiers.

But anime culture thrives on kids giving up what little money they have on bullshit. So yeah.
>>
>>9476727
Same here. I usually avoid the Dealer's Room because there's nothing I really HAVE to drop money on
>>
>>9476727
>>9476732
I get food and take pics of stuff I want to find later online unless it's a good deal or I can haggle on Sunday for a good deal.
>>
>>9474798
Yeah thats partly why i don't cosplay and save a lot for the con cause i have no job and my only income is odd jobs.
Wasent it like 50 for Saturday and Sunday last year.
>>9474884
Panels and guests. Use more of the center to organise better and give room to people.
>>9474889
Price of new vidya game is not great but its more than 1 day which makes sense. I know poor fags that can easily budget cons with $60+ badges and still cosplay.
>>
>>9474903
Go by every dealer before buying. It helps so you can evaluate what you can afford to get.
>>
>>9474907
Last days more pricy than Saturday from my experience plus less interesting stuff out there.
>>
>>9474923
Depends on what your looking for. Really niche shit you can find way cheaper at a con sometimes. For example i found gunparade march for 12$ there where everywhere else had it for arond $40
>>
>>9476724
This
>>
I wish they would go ahead and release a schedule, even if it's only preliminary. I planning my D&D con game and I need to know how long I have to work with between the big events.
>>
>>9477539
They got it out around this time last year. I'm sure it's almost done.
>>
>>9477544
I checked, last year it was released the 16th and the con was 26-29th. So if it happens at the same time this year, then it will be released tomorrow.
>>
>New things for my shop this year!

How do these kinds of AA sellers get past the jury system every year? It's not even their art.
>>
>>9477696
>>
>>9477696
I generally don't get anything from most AA's i go to. Partly cause i see this shit
>>
>>9477696
>>9477700

this is the worst kind of shit
>>
File: Capture.png (21KB, 496x163px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
21KB, 496x163px
Someone's decent panel got denied for this.
>>
>>9477696
>And I got waitlisted for this.
Really grinds my gears
>>
File: lol.png (74KB, 497x333px) Image search: [Google]
lol.png
74KB, 497x333px
>>9477696
>>9477700
Some one thought they were a victim of art theft and OP is having to explain they bought someone else's fanart and some how bought official licensed photos/art through Etsy to sell for profit.
>>
>>9477844
If I were you I'd contact staff and show them that post. It's breaking quite a few rules

Items that may not be sold:
Copyright: No copyrighted logos.
Copied or stolen work will be grounds for the artist’s immediate removal from the Artist Alley.
Selling lottery tickets is prohibited. You may have raffles with tickets given away freely. This is due to North Carolina gambling laws.
Food, snack and/or beverages
Items that were not created by yourself and/or your studio
>>
>>9477970
I'm pretty sure you can't sell licensed anything for profit and are only buying it for personal use. And I've seen that Frozen Coffee art and am pretty sure the person would be pissed to find out it's stolen

>>9477972
I think I am because I'm nothing if not petty
>>
>>9477979
All the best to you. It'll also help if you see them in AA to go tell one of the AA staff about it.
>>
I checked the forecast and it seems like it'll be in the 70's at AZ.
>>
File: weather.png (16KB, 576x197px) Image search: [Google]
weather.png
16KB, 576x197px
>>9478163
I'm seeing low 80s and chances of rain.
>>
>>9478200
Huh. Not too bad still.
>>
>>9478208
It's really not. Hopefully we won't be hit with a sudden heatwave or something right before con with how unpredictable NC weather is.
>>
>>9478213
>hit with a sudden heatwave
Yeah, like last year.
>>
>>9463427
I hate this fucking guy lol

I bet he doesn't even 2/3s of those shades :(

Why would he need so much eyeshadow anyway? It's not like he's a chick and he'll use it outside of cons
>>
>>9478300
Maybe he has a double-double life?
>>
>>9477979
Please report the crap out of them, shit like this keeps way too many good tables out
My con lets in way too many crappy artists cause they just stock the page the day it opens and use mommy & daddies money to buy the table. There are about 15 tables that are kids who are lucky to sale 5 things all weekend.
>>
>>9477818
She runs this every year. The hilarity is she's a disgusting fat whale.
>>
>>9477818
I can imagine what kind of crowd this will attracts.
>>
>>9478412
Oh god, I've met that girl.

She has the worst body odor I've ever been around for a landwhale.
>>
>>9474985
Do the lines ever die down on friday? I gotta drive up to Raleigh on friday morning so I'm gonna get there at like 11-ish? Will the lines be awful or just kinda bad.
>>
>>9478586
Pre-reg line gets better after Thursday. Buying at the door never gets better.
>>
>>9478412
the forums have a land whale invasion going on right now. It's disgusting. And everyone is lying to them about how great they look.
>>
The sudden realization that the con is happening in ~10 days and I completely forgot to lurk for a few weeks for con drama and shit. If Kris is here then I'm the guy that drank with you and the big hispanic guy last year. I'm willing to meet up and shit again this year if you're going to be here again.

Also, any posters going to be hosting any panels and will there be another awkward 10 minute meetup where everyone just mumbles and leaves without doing anything?
>>
>>9478832
You didn't miss much just people begging for free passes/hotels.
>>
>>9479254
And making threats and vitrue signaling a dead guy.
>>
>>9479256
$5 says that transtrender shows up anyway to sit around outside and beg to borrow passes despite flip-flopping over being able to go or not.
>>
>>9478832
Was there a meetup last year?
>>
>>9479300
Like 6 guys showed up, me, a cool dude named Kris who I eventually went around drinking with, and like 4 dudes in suits that mumbled about being the hacker known as 4chan and left after 10 minutes. Felt pretty typical. Every year people say to meet at the Sir Walter Raleigh statue sometime but nobody ever comes.
>>
>>9479372
Should we make a sign.
>>
>>9479372
I've been to AZ for around 6 years now but never been to a meetup. I'll go this year, although I don't drink.
>>
>>9479372
>like 6 guys showed up
And that's why I don't go. I'd like to meet gulls but it's hardly ever actual gulls that show up, only the dudes from other boards that see there's a meet and show up trying to find chicks.

If anyone's going to the itabag meetup though that'll be nice. Berry's running it so it'll be all about her but it'd be nice to see some other itabag gulls there.
>>
>>9479372
I've always thought about going to a meetup but I avoid for this reason. I'd be the only chick there and that's a definite nope
>>
>>9479463
would you be less afraid if my husband and I were there

(if not bait)
>>
>>9479463
>I'd be the only chick there and that's a definite nope
lmao
>>
If we met up, are we gonna take a pic?
>>
>>9479474
Not bait (isn't most of cgl female?) but I'm not gonna be there this year, going to a different con. Just been lurking the thread to live vicariously through everyone
>>
File: 926.jpg (62KB, 650x363px) Image search: [Google]
926.jpg
62KB, 650x363px
Is there anybody in Raleigh that knows how to sew and wants to make some money? I commissioned a piece and it's too big. I don't have time to mail it back to them before this weekend.

I always get screwed on tailoring.
>>
>>9478586
Last year I got there sometime between 3 and 4 Friday and there were only a couple people ahead of me buying passes at the door.
>>
>>9479463
>>9479474
Not baiting chick here. If a meet is arranged, I will show up. Unless it conflicts with something I'm committed to. I'm doing way more than usual this year for some reason.
>>
>>9479444
>Hunting for gulls
Huh?
>>9479463
I've thought about it but i never see anyone there so i hang out around the initial d and exvs machines instead.
>>9479579
Hell no
>>9479701
Its like 60-70% female depending on the point of the year.
>>
>>9479903
Idk ive never done a true meet but if its arranged we should try to decide how to handle the age problem since some of us are slightly too young for going out for drinks. Plus how we identify who is going to show at a meeting i could see being a problem.
>>
>>9479966
I mean it's not too difficult. We identify a meeting place and meet. If there are a lot of young people, we walk to a regular food place that has drinks. If there's not, then we go to a pub/bar.
>>
>>9479463
>>9479444

why not just require guys to have a decent costume to attend a meet?

itll keep out most of tbe filth from r9k, v and the occasional meathead from fit
>>
>>9479444
>>9479463
Is being outnumbered by men in a meetup a thing that's a legitimate concern for women on this board? I think it would be pretty hard to be physically assaulted in a public convention but I've read some really shitty stories so the hesitation could be justified. I understand the first part though, but I'm not from /cgl/ and only occasionally lurk for animazement threads since I live in NC and like to be on the lookout for cosplays and just chat with people whenever people agree to meetup.
>>
>>9480095
Of course not. The fact is that this board has far more women than men EXCEPT in convention threads because they attract crossboarders. So naturally, more men will come to the meetups. The meetups are always public and nothing bad (maybe cringey) happens, but most gulls want to meet women and not men.
>>
>>9480026
I don't cosplay myself but i help people make cosplay props. Though im from /o/ and /m/.
>>9480095
Apparently i guess. I just wanted to do a meet for once cause i need something to plan to waste time at cause i have yet to hear of many really interesting panels.
>>
>>9480103
I think its more gulls look for women cause its more likely they have similar interests at least.
Similarly, i stick around the gunpla panels and arcades because its easy to find people to talk to with similar interests. Probably the same applies to gulls.
>>
>>9480103
That's fair. Crossboarders won't really have the same tastes as /cgl/ posters so there wouldn't be much to talk about I guess.
>>9480232
I just like the meetups because I enjoy socializing with people and I always hope that the meetups don't have people who are 'dank memers' and the letdown is always a nice reality check.
>>
File: 1488957271869.jpg (54KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
1488957271869.jpg
54KB, 500x380px
tl;dr version for anyone who doesn't get it:

>seagulls on this board are majority women
>they post under the assumption they're talking to other women
>convention rolls around, men invade the threads
>meet-ups are planned, majority is men
>makes gulls uncomfortable because they were expecting fellow salty women that cosplay/lolita/etc
>instead it's foreign board men who don't cosplay, think lolita is ageplay, etc
>bad time held by all
>gulls stop attending meets
>men whine about how meets become sausagefests
>men don't connect the dots

Just speaking for myself but I'd be so uncomfortable if I showed up expecting to see regular /cgl/ posters and instead meet guys wearing unironed costumes and have no knowledge of /cgl/ at all other than "Yeah I post in the AZ board there."

If you don't know who the Glorious Queen PT is then you shouldn't be at a /cgl/ meet, that basic.
>>
>>9480584
Thats a heavy assumption as while /cgl/ is majority women there are a lot of men i know from /cgl/ do a lot more making than most the women i know irl from /cgl/ plus even though its a majority women on this board its not by much. Also pt isnt a good identifier because pt almost as easy to stumble upon as cwc is. Though this is AZ we are talking about and barely anyone shows to any meet most likely thanks to their plans or interest going to a meet at all. Its not too uncommon for people who occasionally lurk to show up at meets of any board really, hell /o/ had a 12 year old who lurked /v/ show up at one of theirs.
>>
>>9480602
I'm just going off what was posted on >>9479372
>>
>>9480232
If you're an /m/ guy, Decade does a Kamen rider panel every year.
>>
>>9480638
I used to browse cgl more than /o/ back in the day now /o/ is one of my main boards, i still go to /m/ a lot though. Which one of you showed me the last eps of fourze?
>>
https://guidebook.com/guide/94456/

Schedule is up.
>>
>>9459862
If I'm male and actually good looking, how likely is it to be worth debasing myself to such a level as to go to a con speed dating event?
>>
>>9480763
Any actually attractive woman will stay far away from that panel.

Just be a decent, friendly guy and women will come to you if you're actually handsome.

Hot guys at anime cons are rare. Guys don't know it, but we are scoping you out.
>>
>>9480584
This is not even really that true because while women are a majority, there are a lot of men on /cgl/. Most of them just lurk and/or stay out of the lolita threads.
>>
Is it worth the 15 dollars for a parking spot right next to the center? I'd rather waste my money on lunch
>>
File: 1474347862373.gif (318KB, 330x182px) Image search: [Google]
1474347862373.gif
318KB, 330x182px
>>9480730
https://guidebook.com/guide/94456/event/15842526/
>>
>>9480730
So when would the maid cafe be less horrible - on Friday or Saturday?
>>
>>9480797
It'll always be horrible and that's before the guests even get in.
>>
>>9480803
why is the maid cafe so bad?
>>
>>9480810
The management is too laissez-faire and they take almost any one willing instead of planning out a uniform and screening applicants.
>>
>>9480819
Because like most things, it takes selectivity and planning and training.

Things that most of the applicants can't do.

If they screened the maids, made sure they looked presentable, taught them some basic etiquette and server's training, and made sure they looked uniform and cute, then it would work.
>>
>>9480797
Don't bother. Waste of time and money
>>
>>9480095
For me personally, it goes along with the fact that I already tend to meet creeps at cons so I would like to meet people that aren't going to make me uncomfortable. Obviously, all dudes aren't assholes and I've met some really chill ones at cons before but I do feel a lot more at ease when there are at least a handful of other girls around.

I also have to agree that I've read a lot of stories about crossboarders showing up because they know cgl is mostly female. I know the likelihood of them doing anything is slim but I'd rather not deal with the cringe.
>>
File: raleigh-marriott-city.jpg (39KB, 550x413px) Image search: [Google]
raleigh-marriott-city.jpg
39KB, 550x413px
Just saying if any gulls (itabags or not) want to meet up, you're welcome to come to the itabag meet. No clue how many will show up but it'd be a nice meeting place. I met a couple nice gulls through the itabag panel last year that way.

fb/events/221287685027885/

It's Saturday at 2pm at the fake grassy area across from the Marriott.
>>
>>9479254
You are so salty about your overpriced con let it go fat robert.
>>
>>9480905
Your trolling is old, senpai
>>
>>9480776
>Guys dont know it
Yeah no. Its more likely they don't have self confidence in looks or are already dating someone.
>>9480788
Was 10$ last year.
>>
>>9480852
>>9480602

which is why you kick out males who dont have proper costumes as theyre clearly trash from v r9k and the rare meathead from fit.

also if theyre fat/ugly/unwashed

aint that complicated
>>
Welp I cant go this year do to money troubles, but i hope you all have fun.
>>
>>9481011
>also if theyre fat/ugly/unwashed
That's 80% of dudes at cons, period
>>
>>9460027
so you're a dyke? Good you dont need to have a partner anyway. people like you are ruin everything
>>
>>9481110

then just invite the 5% who are easy on the eyes and are legitimately interested in cosplaying (if only for attention whoring as males have it way easier outside of patreon/whoring bucks).
>>
Since the schedule is out, I might actually go to some of these panels.
>>
>>9481011
>the only men that are allowed to talk to me are hot super-model teir guys everyone else is a gross creep
>>
When does the line open on thursday?
>>
>>9481163
Exactly, learn your place
>>
>>9481110
and, let's be honest, women too. These conventions don't exactly attract the most well groomed and socially fit of society because those people don't have an interest in anime or Japan.
>>
>>9481180
i like how its always men except half the cons i go its its fat dumpy women. or girls with shit skin form makeup over use. Lets be real less than 25% of women at cons are above a 5/10 when the costume is off
>>
>>9481167
Line opens whenever you show up. Can't get a badge until 6pm though.
>>
>>9481189
It's not even about looks, it's about hygiene and general friendliness. Most of the men and women at conventions have no hygiene and are rude as hell. AZ is a little different because it forces the family friendliness and general Japanese culture down our throats so there are some normalish families out on Saturday and Sunday.
>>
>>9481197
Don't forget they're having that free concert festival thing on Saturday as well for normies to come gawk at.
>>
>>9481163

didnt realize taking a shower, not being fat and not looking like shrek means youre a 10/10 chad as opposed to a decent guy whos a 7 or somethin
>>
>>9481163
>he isn't handsome
>>
File: 1467892310523.jpg (386KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1467892310523.jpg
386KB, 1280x720px
>>9481260
>she's overweight
>>
>>9480922
Your weight is high eatsapai
>>
>>9481374
>she
Guess again, you ugly fagtron
>>
>>9481404
It was in general, /fit/ loser
>>
Looks like we're in autosage.
>>
>NEW ONE
>>9481547
>>
How serious is this speed dating. I was under the impression it would be pretty relaxed fun way to meet people that. I'm a pretty decent looking girl age 22. I was thinking about going but now I'm kind of uneasy....
>>
>>9482030
If you really are a "pretty decent looking girl age 22", then you'll have the prime pick at an anime convention of all places. Don't go to the speed dating.
Thread posts: 326
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.