[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Overdone characters you'd like to do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 27

There is obscure character thread >>9440266 for unknown characters so why not the opposite

What characters you love, which one has the same body as you or some other reason you want to cosplay but is so overdone you just ditch the idea
>>
what if i am doing one already?
>>
I love Samus, but the world doesn't need another not-buff Samus.
>>
I want to do someone from SNK (specifically annie), but it's so over done that even if I made the entire thing myself, people would assume it was bought and would just group me in with the other 20 scouts with ebay cosplays.
>>
File: image.jpg (532KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
532KB, 3840x2160px
I actually generally like D.Va and I would love to wear her, but everybody's doing it and ruining her character for me. Also I don't want to be judged as one if "those" cosplayers.

It also sucks because I'd love to make/wear something from Overwatch in general but D.VA is the only bodytype that is closest to mine.

I'm juggling between going "fuck it" and wearing her anyway, knowinng I will actually look better than most because I'm not just going to buy a full body shitty zentai, but also thinking what's the point if everybody else is going to do her anyway.
>>
>>9459897
Hi! I'm one of the many d.va cosplayers.

Basically I said "fuck it." If you genuinely love the character and know you'll do a great job, then the rest doesn't really matter. Besides, if you do a great job you'll stand out from the rest.
>>
>>9459897
Go do it then, if you think you can stand out and make a better D.va then do it.
But you should mainly cosplay because you LOVE the character, regardless of how the character is viewed.
>>
File: pidgegunderson.png (407KB, 655x524px) Image search: [Google]
pidgegunderson.png
407KB, 655x524px
I love Pidge/Katie so much, and ended up wanting to cosplay her. Then, I found out so did everyone else. Waiting until I work on enough other things to build up skill for her paladin suit, or until she's shown in slightly easier but impressive outfits. Sad thing is most of the people that cosplay her only do 'tests.' i.e. big circle glasses, unstyled wig, and article of vaguely green clothing.
>>
>>9460078
I know this feel. I'm honestly hoping she grows out her hair because both her looks with long hair looked pretty good.
>>
>>9459897
Do an alt skin! She has some good ones and generally they're not as overdone at cons. You can have your cake and eat it too.
>>
I know by the time I get this done, she's going to be everywhere at cons. Since I already foresee an oversaturaion of this anime, I'm hesitant to even work on this as a fun/casual cosplay. This is actually a pretty rare problem for me because I apparently have shit taste in faves.
>>
File: Animanga-1_300462_post.jpg (30KB, 362x400px) Image search: [Google]
Animanga-1_300462_post.jpg
30KB, 362x400px
>>9460109
Dropped my pic like a jackass
>>
File: 1493625814147.jpg (582KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1493625814147.jpg
582KB, 2048x1536px
>>9460078

This. There are so many Voltron cosplayers that I've started to change my mind about cosplaying from it. I'm going to try and do Lance's paladin suit just because there aren't as many Paladin cosplays.
I'm glad I fell in love with Lance, though.The amount of Keith & Shiro cosplays are insane. I wish I could see more Hunk cosplayers, though.

Also: Yuri on Ice. I was so excited about cosplaying Yuri while the anime was still airing. But now I've seen so many of them I just started to lose the desire to do it. Thankfully most of the cosplays are his blue jacket/tracksuit outfit. Hopefully when I manage to get better at sewing I can make one of his performance outfits.
Pic related from the YoI thread.
>>
>>9459897
I feel you, anon.

>>9460107
This!!
>>
File: tumblr_ok3ugdbae41rwz12jo1_500.jpg (53KB, 500x346px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ok3ugdbae41rwz12jo1_500.jpg
53KB, 500x346px
>>9460095
I agree!! She's really adorable with long hair!
>>9460122
These would be pretty fun/ny to cosplay, but unfortunately they're just not as recognizable.
I pray for both you anons, hopefully may we one day find peace.
>>
>>9460109
i wouldn't plan too much for her to be everywhere at cons. the majority of people are going to do the slutty milf ™, and kanna, not tohru.
>>
>>9460136
I'm not too sure about that. Already seen some pop up on my Instagram feed
>>
>>9460078
I love Pidge too and I'm working on her cosplay along with rover!

I was hesitant to do this cosplay at first because as much as I like the show, the fandom is absolute garbage. But fuck it, if you really like the character and show just do it.
>>
I'm so happy that deadpool cosplays have died down, at least from anime conventions

>>9460109
If its a non-slutty female character, then it more than likely won't be over done.
>>
File: 1478470777549.png (63KB, 391x394px) Image search: [Google]
1478470777549.png
63KB, 391x394px
>>9460110
I'd love to cosplay Tohru, but I'd get a headache wearing a wig like that PLUS horns.
>>
>>9460109
I think you'll be fine. Like the other anons said, I think Kanna and Lucoa are going to be the commonly cosplayed ones. I really like Lucoa and thought it would be a fun lazy cosplay, but holy shit everything I've seen so far is just softcore or pinups for prints. Makes me want to avoid it
>>
File: jinx_splash_0.jpg (88KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
jinx_splash_0.jpg
88KB, 1280x720px
When Jinx was presented for the first time I was happy since she has the same body type as me (no boobs and no waist). Unfortunately she got really popular and now there is shit ton of Jinxies
>>
If I had a friend who was my height, I'd so do a rem/ram cosplay, I guess it would be a bit different as it would have to be genderbent but that's probably still very popular.
>>
>>9459897
Do it but don't get the same cheap printed suit. Get one or even better make one with 3d elements.

and most importantly, play DVA/OW, I have met so many little cunts who have never played OW but cosplay dva 'because shes so kawaii!~~!! I am her irl'.
>>
>>9459704
>Tuxedo Masks using a regular suit jacket.

God this irks me so much
>>
I still wear Yoko, working on Cammy.

Except I don't think either counts since it's not pre-TS and thong-leotard.
>>
File: Plate_of_the_warden_ensign_.png (2MB, 1056x879px) Image search: [Google]
Plate_of_the_warden_ensign_.png
2MB, 1056x879px
This is one of the most cosplayed armor from Dragonage imo
Even though its been a few years since Dragonage came out I have this lined up for next year.
>>
>>9459897
Just wait until the popularity falls a little bit. It'll take awhile but there will come a time where it's normalized. I remember when Sailor Moon went from being the "you have to do once" cosplay to "basic bitch cosplay" back to being acceptable as long as it's good.

Trends happen but if people can still cosplay something as old as Sailor Moon, you can cosplay D.Va even if all of Blizz goes bankrupt (not that that'd happen but you get it).

Even so just do it anyway because it's what you want to do.

As for me it'd probably be sailor moon because I've never cosplayed before (i just watch from afar, i'm too poor for this shit).
When I was little, back when it used to air on cartoon network i wanted to be sailor moon for halloween but naturally the costume couldn't be bought in stores and my mom only ever had one costume specially made for me (A retarded hershey kiss costume that i wore in my pre-k to second grade when it stopped fitting. won a shitload of contests though) so i had to be a kitty cat.

It's my dream to do it at least once though even if i'll be 30 by the time i get around to it.
>>
File: tumblr_m89qv2TrJP1rb3vpdo1_500.gif (339KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m89qv2TrJP1rb3vpdo1_500.gif
339KB, 500x281px
>>
>>9460110
In all honesty, you're going to stand out if you have a non-plush printed tail and halfway decent horns.
>>
File: 9b2.gif (2MB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
9b2.gif
2MB, 540x540px
>>9460697
pls no more.....i cant take anymore harleys or deadpools. pls.....pls
>>
>>9460697
>>9460712
As long as it's in the original designed costume or some closer variant of it, i welcome it. I'm sick to fucking death of Suicide Squad movie Harley (it's not even the suicide squad comic costume :( )

Do it for me, anon
>>
File: tumblr_mgu8fz1jwb1qbi5u9o1_500.jpg (35KB, 500x588px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mgu8fz1jwb1qbi5u9o1_500.jpg
35KB, 500x588px
>>9460712
>>
Suicide squad harley quinn, maybe lucoa
>>
Really want to cosplay 2b but don't want to blend into all of the basic cosplay bitches
>>
>>9460109
All the tohru's i've seen have been fine quality. Just dont use the pillow as your tail and you'll already be off to a good start.
>>
2B is a big one right now but I'll be able to do it in a year or so. Same with YOI. I want to do Mila but the problem isn't so much that she specifically is overdone, but that most of the cosplayers are cringey and I don't want to be associated with that.
>>
File: IMG_0417.jpg (1MB, 1920x2500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0417.jpg
1MB, 1920x2500px
I want to do Kanna but seeing all these shitty store bought cosplays is killing me a little on the inside. She's perfect because I'm small and petite and still have my baby face. I'm hoping that by making it myself I'll at least be good enough to not be written off as a trend whore
>>
Big hairy male cosplaying slutty girl for comedy

It's so fucking overdone, it isn't funny anymore.
>>
File: IMG_4244.jpg (48KB, 426x599px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4244.jpg
48KB, 426x599px
Part of me wishes I could cosplay Maki from Love Live, but LL cosplays are so overdone to hell and back.

>>9459897
*sigh* I really like D.Va and would love to cosplay as her, but she's also overdone and I don't even have the body type for her either.
>>
>>9461049
There's hundred of different costumes to pick from in Love Live, a bunch I hardly ever see done.
>>
>>9460860
That's basically every single cosplay at Dragoncon
>>
File: kikyo-inuyasha-11444357-1400-987.jpg (363KB, 1400x987px) Image search: [Google]
kikyo-inuyasha-11444357-1400-987.jpg
363KB, 1400x987px
Kikyo from Inuyasha I know she's been done to death. But I don't care. I love the character. I plan on making a cosplay for her eventually.
>>
>>9460744
>Suicide Squad movie Harley
Even worse in southeast states where everyone is obese. I don't understand why women who weigh 250 pounds think its a good idea to cosplay harley.
>>
Raven from Teen Titans. I see at least two at every con I go to but, damn it, I've wanted to cosplay her since elementary school
>>
>>9461251
>at least two at every con I go to

She's hardly an over cosplayed character...
>>
>>9462286
Where have you been for the past few years?
>>
>>9460109
I think the only overdone one from that show will be lucoa.
>>
File: Princess_Serenity_1_Artbook_1.jpg (456KB, 1104x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Princess_Serenity_1_Artbook_1.jpg
456KB, 1104x1600px
Every basic bitch has cosplayed her.
I wanna be a basic bitch..
>>
>>9461049
Me too, Maki is one I'd love to do as well but I don't want to get lumped in with people like from the bad idol groups thread.
>>
File: 1462791517116.jpg (7KB, 186x200px) Image search: [Google]
1462791517116.jpg
7KB, 186x200px
>>9459704
sailormoon can never be overdone, it's classic
>>
>>9460107
I agree, do a skin if you're gonna do D.Va. Even Bee.Va would be nice.
>>
I wanted to do Rei from Free! but none of my friends wanted to join in and I didn't want to do it as a solo thing.

I find that the most overdone cosplays are often a combination of popular and accessible. I don't get tired of seeing classics Rei and Asuka from Evangelion, Sailor Moon, DBZ, etc. because no matter how often they're done they still tend to be good cosplays. Things like SS Harley and D.Va on the other hand, will people still be wearing those mass produced store bought cosplays in droves 5 years from now?

What I also find interesting is I see women doing this much more often than men. The mask to make a decent Kaneki cosplay from Tokyo Ghoul was available online and incredibly inexpensive. Accelerator was wildly popular on /a/ and every component could be bought on amazon for under $50, but I didn't see 100s of guys doing that one either.
>>
>>9464051
Because most guys don't tend to cosplay for the attention. If it's not a character they care about, they're not going to jump on the bandwagon
>>
File: Untitled.png (523KB, 886x444px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
523KB, 886x444px
Already seen a couple times in this thread, but just like many others I really like the design of 2B and Jinx, but both are already overdone, and I really like doing cosplays barely nobody has done before (but still well recognizable)
I got a small waist so I like doing these shaped female cosplays.
>>
>>9464056
Now hold on a sec here. Are you telling me that people DON'T like Kaneki or Accelerator? These are two very popular series with extremely cheap and easy mass produced cosplays! So why don't we see these being overdone like SS Harley or D.Va?

When you tell me that women are likely to jump on the bandwagon for SS Harley and D.Va, I'll agree with you 100%. I know there are D.Va cosplayers who don't even own a copy of Overwatch and SS Harley cosplayers that haven't even seen the fucking movie.

My real question is WHY? What kind of attention do these people so desperately seek that they can't even be bothered to with the source material before doing an overdone overhyped store-bought cosplay?

Sorry for the rant but if you love the character, you should definitely do it. Why you would cosplay as a character that your unfamiliar with is beyond me. Especially when there are so many cheap and easy options out there.
>>
>>9460748
My Grandfather smoked his whole life. I was about 10 years old when my mother said to him, 'If you ever want to see your grandchildren graduate, you have to stop immediately.'. Tears welled up in his eyes when he realized what exactly was at stake. He gave it up immediately. Three years later he died of lung cancer. It was really sad and destroyed me. My mother said to me- 'Don't ever smoke. Please don't put your family through what your Grandfather put us through." I agreed. At 28, I have never touched a cigarette. I must say, I feel a very slight sense of regret for never having done it, because your post gave me cancer anyway.
>>
I'm not big on cosplay (I'm on this board for the fashion) but I'd love to do Zelda one day, given that it was the first video game I really loved. I'm never sure which version I'd want to do though; some of her gowns are gorgeous but I love how practical her outfit in BOTW is.
>>
>>9459784

This.
>>
File: hicup the pickup.jpg (97KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
hicup the pickup.jpg
97KB, 600x900px
i wish HTTYD wasn't so popular :(
>>
>>9467538
It isn't
>>
File: FILE0031.jpg (64KB, 466x499px) Image search: [Google]
FILE0031.jpg
64KB, 466x499px
Basically anything of Love Live.

There is a huge variety of costumes, from super simple to very elaborate designs, and thought it might be a good starting point to try cosplaying, but it's probably so done by now that I'd be just "another one of them" - even more since I had to rely on taobao first too.

I really enjoyed the anime series around µ's and had the idea to crossplay as Honk or Maki for a long time already.

Eventhough I didn't really like the Love Live Sunshine anime that much, I also had the idea to go for Hanamaru or Dia since I like their characters and feel like I could pull them off I guess? But with the second season airing in fall, it'll turn out the same. Conventions all over the world flooded with tons of LLS cosplays.
>>
>>9467538
I mean it could be worse
>>
File: IMG_1095.jpg (578KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1095.jpg
578KB, 1500x1500px
I wanna do spidey but im afraid ill get swept up in a sea of peters,gwens, miles and other spiders
>>
File: 200px-Th12Reimu.png (78KB, 200x341px) Image search: [Google]
200px-Th12Reimu.png
78KB, 200x341px
Pic related. I don't give a fuck though, I'll try cosplaying as her over the summer
>>
>>9468051
so you just want to do spidey for attention rather than do it for fun?
>>
>>9468185

Kinda both really.
>>
>>9468051
>>9468320
Honestly just do it. Everyone can appreciate a well done Spidey
>>
>>9459897
POLICE D.VA
>>
I want to do Asuka's plugsuit, but
a. it's been done at every convention ever
b. it's been done well and it's been done perfectly
c. I don't have the talent to do it perfectly
d. I don't have the right look for asuka
>>
i really like the turquoise d.va skin (the mandarin one i think?). i had always liked widowmakers design but after i finally got the game and started playing i realized widowmaker is hard as fuck to play, so i main d.va and sombra. can't do sombra correctly cause i'm white, but d.va would be passable, i just wish she had fun color hair instead of brown :c
also thirding jinx. when she came out people told me i look just like her, and it made me really want to do her.
>>
File: 1480623669487.jpg (95KB, 800x1059px) Image search: [Google]
1480623669487.jpg
95KB, 800x1059px
>>9469497
Brown hair is pretty fun, imo
>>
>>9469497
Carbon Fiber and some of her legendary short-haired skins have black hair, but that's not much more interesting. The turquoise one you're thinking of is probably Tangerine.

Really wish they'd give her a pink haired skin. It sucks that Tracer and Zarya are the only ones that get pink hair even though a nice bubblgum pink would fit Dva really well.

Alternatively, you could just do fun coloured hair with her alt skins for the hell of it, like pink with White Rabbit or turquoise with Blueberry or Tangerine. Yeah it won't be spot-on accurate, but considering most Overwatch fans don't even play and Dva's bodysuit is recognizable as-is, I don't think it'd matter much.
>>
>>9461251
This. But honestly a lot of them have shit wigs and makeup and horrid belts and don't even try to get the correct hood shape. If you make awesome fabric choices and get an incredibly accurate wig you will look miles above the rest.
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.