[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lolitas in public

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 166
Thread images: 17

File: IMG_4899.jpg (913KB, 899x619px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4899.jpg
913KB, 899x619px
Don't we all love cute street snaps and casual/horrible interactions with normies?

Post stories, photos or things related you've found. Let's not mess this up, guys!
>>
>At zoo with my man
>Wearing casual sweet AP coord
>Hear someone say something but can't make out what and then hear my man say "thanks!" as we're walking
>"That guy said he liked your coord as you walked by! And he even said COORD, not outfit! I told him thanks for you since I figured you couldn't hear" (I am slightly hard of hearing)
>Feel happy inside but also hope the person who complimented me doesn't think I was being a bitch and ignoring them

Also little girls tend to really really love my outfits which is really cute. I like the think I inspire little girls to know that they can still wear fun princessy clothes even when they're grown ups.
>>
>>9459388
>Dude walks up to me
>I'm in full sweet Lolita
>We know each other from school
>He looks me up and down
>"Hey!"
>I freeze up but reply a moment later
>"Hey!"
>He looks uncomfortable
>"so it's true?" he asks awkwardly
>????
>"that you wear diapers..."
>Now I really freeze
>HOW DO I REACT?
>Where does that even come from?
>"like a baby right? getting off of that?"
>I just turn around and walk away
>he tried to bring it up a few times
>with friends and other students
>but most of them knew I wore Lolita
>still really weird as a first interaction
>>
>>9459668
I would have laughed in his face. What the fuck? Who asks shit like this?
>>
Does anyone have suggestions for wearing lolita in sketchier areas? I have some coords and want to wear them out (in less sketchy areas) but I'd obviously have to leave this sketchy area first to get there, and I'm scared to leave the house in lolita, even just to get to the train to get to a nicer place. I already attract a lot of weird attention just dressing in normie clothes (people following, harassing, a lot of crazies seem to pick me as their person to annoy) so I'm worried not only about my own well being in something so flashy, but also the well being of my dresses. There is the option of getting changed in a bathroom, but public bathrooms are so gross I'd be scared about getting my dresses dirty trying to change in them.
>>
>>9459675
I put on my bitch face and carry pepper spray in case things go downhill. Walk with confidence, stand up straight, and look absolutely pissed.
>>
>>9459675
Permanent bitch face, maybe wait until you are at a safe location to put on a petticoat and head wear, accessories, or any flashy items.
>>
>>9459675
Keep petticoat and headwear in a bag and put them on when you feel more safe, and wear a longer coat over your (de-poofed) dress. Your legwear and hairstyle/wig will still be visible and may attract some attention but not as much as when everyone can see your poofy dress.
I have a relatively simple coat from IW that I wear very often and even in my shitty area I've only ever gotten compliments on it. 10/10 would recommend.
>>
>>9459689
>tfw it's illegal to carry anything for self-defense in my country
fuck being yuropoor
>>
>>9459675
Get a parasol to beat peoples ass.
>>
>>9459715
Can confirm this trick works
Get a light long coat
Milk or Lizlisa is good for sweet
Gothic and classic is easier to find colors in general.
>>
File: IMG_4251.jpg (259KB, 620x409px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4251.jpg
259KB, 620x409px
>>9459675
The obvious solution is having matching thigh holsters concealed by your petticoat.
>>
>>9459780
no guns in canadaland unfortunately
>>
>>9459797
Bummer, time to take up martial arts so you can kick the living shit out of anyone who tries to fuck with you.
>>
>>9459689
>Walk with confidence, stand up straight, and look absolutely pissed.

that's the shit. diff anon & I love that advice so much
>>
>Out at night with a friend, we're both wearing lolita.
>Dude comes up to us
>Oh boy, here we go again with the annoying questions and slight harassment
>turns out he is a coat of arms enthusiast and has an IG where he posts pictures of coat of arms whenever he finds them
>friend is wearing a print with coat of arms and he is fucking DELIGHTED
>explains the origin of every single one on the dress, takes a photo of the print, gushes over the design and wishes us a lovely night
>I have the feeling we were not the ones with the weirdest hobby here
>>
>>9459885
That's actually really cool, if a bit strange. What print was she wearing?
>>
>>9459888
Yeah, it was a nice experience! She wore AatP crown's tea package
>>
>>9459885
This is the cutest
>>
>>9459675
I live in a sketchy area so I feel this. I wear giant, obvious headphones and usually don't actually play any music. So I have an excuse to ignore people yelling at me, but I can still hear them if there's threats. If I feel nervous, I carry pepper spray in my hand visibly. If I'm not too nervous, I still have it on hand, but not as visibly. If someone touches me I scream, loud as possible, "do not touch me!" and usually they get scared off. Walk fast, and keep your head held high.
>>
>>9459715
I always used to do this, sadly it's hell to do in summer. Even if you're wearing a petti it attracts less attention under a coat because a lot of formal coats flare slightly anyway and the weight of the material usually squishes it a bit.
>>
>>9459885
That's kind of cute. Did you tell him the name so he could find stock photos of the arms on the print?
>>
>wearing sweet go Japanese festival
>everything is going fine
>girl in yamaka (sp?) approaches me
>"nice lolita outfit. where did you buy it?"
>oh, thank you. online since I haven't been to any of the stores---
>girl rolls her eyes, scuffs and walks away as I'm talking
>ok...

Boyfriend said she looked really pissed at me as she was walking away. Maybe she thought I was being sarcastic? Either way I thought she might have wanted some small chat since she asked about the outfit as a whole.
>>
>>9459953
No need, he saw it on the dress and took a picture, plus he already knew all of the arms.
>>
>>9459675
Maybe wear something that's read as tougher rather than vulnerable/cute and harmless? Black clothes usually get better reactions anyway, but I think wearing something that makes you look like you can handle yourself being harassed instead of like you're a fragile bunny actually makes a difference (goth/punk in black vs. classic/sweet in black). Also no stupid heels, be aware of your ability to run and/or stamp on people's instep.
>>
>>9459957
Lmao, I just realized I meant yukata.
>>
>>9459780
>people annoy me, what do I do?

>SHOOT THEM

/cgl/ is officially worse than /k/
>>
>spend day out at the mall
>delighted little girl freaks out when she sees my dress
>kiosk people stop me to take pictures

feels pretty good desu
>>
>>9459675
Honestly, I've had nothing but good experiences. The big cities we host meetups in have a lot of rough parts and I've only ever gotten stares and compliments from sketchy people. It's not like you're flashing a nice watch, so most people who've talked to me just ask why I'm so dressed up. (And I just lie and say it's for a costume party.)

>Ayo Goldilocks, give us a twirl!
I'd rather get catcalled in Cleveland than anywhere else.
>>
>>9459675
Jesus christ you two that live in sketchy areas sound like giant pussies. Maybe it's because I'm from NY and everyone from NY is kind of a standoffish asshole anyway compared to a lot of other places, but if you keep your bitch face on and avoid eye contact and learn to ignore people, you won't get fucked with nearly as much even if you go in full lolita.

Also I don't know if it's an option but every pet store bathroom i've gone to has been pretty damn clean (i'm a germaphobe so even if i'm about to piss myself i'll wait to get home if it's not passable).
People don't really go to the bathroom that much in pet stores since many people bring their dogs with them.

If this is a possibility, this would be a good place to change if it applies to your area too if you go with changing in the bathroom since with summer, a big overcoat to hide your lolita isn't going to be an option for long.

Depending on the dress, wearing it without the petti probably won't attract as much attention either. I'd say change shoes/stockings if they attract attention once you get to your destination to further downplay it or wear plain black leggings over them or something.

but just toughen up man. Walking with pepper spray in your hand actually shows people you're an easy target because you're afraid.

Having confidence is the way you stay safe.

I go to school on colfax ave so i dunno, maybe you can trust me a little bit?
>>
>>9459718
Pepper spray is illegal in Canada too but people have suggested using wasp spray as a replacement. But then idk how it would go over if your attacker goes to the police to get *you* in trouble, I don't know your country's laws.
>>
I was wearing lolita with a bonnet last weekend. Someone asked me what I was wearing was inspired by watching 'The Handmaid's Tale'.
>>
>>9459380
the jeans fattie looks like humilliated and opacated
>>
>>9460713
It's so weird hearing you guys saying that you should stop wearing the petti/headwear/tights etc to walk trough a sketchy area. I would feel like I'm betraying lolita or something. I walk everyday trough an sketchy area to get to my house, sometimes in lolita, and even though I'm afraid I just don't have anywhere to change, so I just walk with as much confidence as I can, a la momoko. Even if it's late as fuck
>>
I wanna wear Lolita daily in public so badly but I live in a dangerous poor city with a lot of homeless people and a high crime rate and it's a good idea not to bring attention to yourself :')
It's also balls hot.
Guess it's just meet ups and cons for me.
>>
>>9461813

Lmao anon just noticed this.
>>
>>9459668

Correct way to react is puzzled.

You don't need to connect the dots for these people. Let them know they're in the minority, and that they're the ones who are weird for even bringing it up.

If it's guy who is normally nice, you can further hammer the point in by asking him to explain in excruciating detail what diapers are and why he knows what these things are.

If it's a douchebag, make an excuse and leave. Then once you get to school, ask other people why he has an obsession with diapers. When he brings it up it's going to look like he's the one that's weird since he keeps asking about diapers.
>>
>>9459380
lolita in white looks pretty badass
>>
>>9459380
I always notice how incredibly drab and dull normie clothes are when I wear lolita, just the colors of it all are so washed out and lifeless looking
>>
>>9461675
For fuck's sake.
>>
>>9459885

>tfw when you think people with weird hobbies and knowledge are the coolest and you just go all spaghetti over them

Fuck me and my filipino cartoon dresses. It just doesn't hold up to coats of arms.
>>
I was grabbing burritos for myself and coworkers at work, helping myself to shit tons of salsa from the salsa bat, when some trailer trash woman who had previously been yelling at the cashier for rice in the her burrito (it came with rice but I guess she didn't read it) came up and asked me for a photo. I didn't feel like having my photo taken so I told her I was in a hurry and needed to go back to work, and she pulled out her phone and told me, "well, my phone is right here" and I felt too awkward to say no directly since I felt I had already tried to be subtle about it, so somewhere out there is a photo of me in lolita in a tacqueria holding salsa and looking upset.

Moral of the story is just say no, I guess.
>>
>>9462095
That sounds like the kind of painting people have on their mantle above the fire place, chuckling softy to themselves while they sip their scotch
>>
>wear a toned-down tartan lolita coord on my second day on vacation
>notice a little girl with curly red hair and freckles staring at me in the hotel lobby
>smile at her which causes her to hide behind her mom in a panic
>boyfriend teases me for scaring the girl as we leave the lobby for the complimentary breakfast
>minutes pass after we grab food and I get the feeling someone is staring at me
>lo and behold, a few tables away the little girl is sitting on her moms lap and staring at me
>like, she's staring, but is trying really hard to make it not look like she's not staring at me
>next day rolls around and I'm feeling pretty normie in a long green skirt with a flocky print and black top
>sit down for breakfast and someone walks up to me
>it's the little girls mother looking very sheepish
>"I just wanted to warn you, my daughter was talking about you nonstop yesterday and wouldn't stop begging me to find you. She would really like to know your name."
>Tell the mother my name and extend an invitation for her and the family to sit with us for breakfast
>She accepts and goes to collect her little girl from their hotel room

I swear anons, no one has ever been so excited to know my name and eat with me before. She gently touched my skirt, looked at the fabric longingly, and told me I looked like a princess. I've had some pretty interesting experiences dressing the way I do, but I don't think anything will ever top that little girls reaction. For the duration of our stay she would find me during breakfast and greet me or tell me about something she thought was exciting.
>>
>>9461905
>asking him to explain in excruciating detail what diapers are and why he knows what these things are.
?? Everyone knows what diapers are, though? Did you mean to say something else? The weird thing is that he expects an adult to wear them because of the dresses she wears.
>>
>>9459668
Related story,
>best friend is pure cinnamon roll
>very innocent and shy, textbook nice girl
>has always attracted beta creeps looking for their moe anime gf
>one creep in particular has had eyes on her for years
>friend always said he was harmless and was extra nice and caring towards him because he was pretty weird
>you could say she was almost
>motherly
>little while back decide to hang out and catch up after both having super busy semester
>friend shows up looking white as a ghost
>creep had bombarded her with diaper pics out of nowhere
>called her mommy
>begged her to take care of him
>cinnamon roll forever traumatized by sissies
>>
>>9462185

Sigh.

Yes, anon.

The point is to make him realise it’s stupid to connect the dress and diaper together.

And you do it by being completely puzzled by everything. E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G.

So start by asking about diapers. Baby diapers? Adult diapers? Wait, adult diapers exist? Do sweaty people stick them on their underarms? Skinny people wear baby diapers to prove how skinny they are? Are the adult diapers pink? Is there a local custom to wear pink dresses with diapers so the street cleaners know who to clean up after? Does his mom reserve pink dresses for wearing with diapers? Did he wear pink dresses with his own diapers?

Keep going with stupider and stupider questions. There’s no such thing as “everybody knows” in this game, you want him to realise everything he said is really dumb and none of it makes sense to you.

Not even the diapers. Especially not the diapers.
>>
>>9462148
That's really sweet anon, you warmed my heart.
>>
>>9462083
I'm super high and this reply made my fucking night. Bless you anon.

>>9462001
Same here. Might make a thread about how you view things differently after wearing jfash for a while.
>>
I never know what to do when people are obviously staring, but it feels nice when people are stunned and speechless for a moment.
>>
>>9459380
Most of my interesting interactions have been posted to 4chan before, but recently a drunk guy shuffled up to me in a train station and slurred "It's not Halloween!" so badly that I had to ask him to repeat what he was saying four times before I could understand it. The fact he repeated himself so many times without giving up was almost impressive - he didn't seem like he was on drugs, but he had this weird paranoid conspiratorial attitude like he genuinely thought he was imparting vital secret information that I might not already know.

I put on a confused face, said, "I know. It's April." and walked off.
>>
>>9462255
do the thread anon
>>
>>9462256
stare back at them. most of the time they will look away.
>>
>>9462281
That makes you look like even more of a weirdo though, if you're in a situation where you have even a remote chance of ever interacting with these people again (e.g. shopping in a local city) it's better to be polite.
>>
>>9460713
op but responding to say i usually do walk around with bitch face, and i normally dress in all black, but i still get harassed. i probably am a pussy but i've had a few really bad experiences, so

its also not a big city, it's a small area with a lot of drug heads.
>>
My lolita BFF is actually a girl who bullied me (and just about every other girl) in high school. We've moved on from that, but she's still always on the offense when people come up to us. I have a lot of stories about her, but these are some of the ones that scared me and I wasn't even her target.

>Normies laughing and trying to sneak photos of us
>Friend: "Are you guys perverts? Stop trying to take upskirt photos!" and just LOUDLY yelling that these guys are sexually harassing us
>tfw everyone around us is now giving the normies dirty looks instead of giving us confused looks

>Walking down the street
>Some guy asks if we like to play as little girls or something along those lines
>Friend turns around
>"Do you have autism?"
>Guy trying to get a word in
>Friend keeps asking louder and louder stuff like "Do you have autism?" "Are you retarded?" "Only retards ask stupid things like that."
>We walk off and the guy doesn't even say anything

>Run into friend's friends
>One of them sort of rudely asks wtf we're wearing
>Friend replies with something like: "It's lolita. It's too bad you could never wear this, fatass."
>tfw that girl actually was on the bigger side

I love her, but I fear her.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170419-163618.png (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170419-163618.png
1MB, 1440x2560px
>>
>>9462304
I feel bad for finding all of this hilarious.
>>
>>9462312
Don't get me wrong. I would much rather have her with me than end up feeling harassed in lolita. It's just that I wish I could warn everyone around us before they do anything that could be seen as a remotely negative reaction. She just goes right at you with no warning.

I do have a sweet story, though.

>Hid my lolita life from my ex
>Run into ex (while he was still my bf) while I'm with friend
>Ex asks why I'm dressed "like that"
>Friend seems I'm hurt by that and replies with "Like what? A beautiful princess?"
>>
>>9459675
I think most people have covered the bases. I don't wear lolita, but I wear pretty outlandish clothing including petticoats and funky hair styling. If it's night time, I don't wear it. Period. It's not that things magically get more dangerous when the sun goes down, it's that there's less people on the street and businesses are shut down. If I don't feel there's somewhere safe I could get to or enough witnesses around, I don't wear anything that could attract attention to myself.

During the day, it's all good. I find not making eye contact with people really helps in this regard. It feels kind of bitchy, and I hate it. However, looking at people's general direction seems to give them an opening to harass. Other anon's headphone trick likely works similarly.

And also, sometimes the crazies really do just like the outfit. I've had the sketchiest looking people actually give me the most honest compliments. Usually as long as no one touches me, we're golden. There's only been a couple times I've had people try to touch me, and only one of those was your "crazy street person". Most were actually college age guys. I've found them to be worse then any street bum. Also in regards to the "crazies", they usually get use to things if they see you all the time. The more you wear it, the more accustomed people will get. At some point they'll just be like, "Oh, it's the girl with the frilly dresses."
>>
>>9462304
Girl needs to chill, calling people retarded in a public space is not on. Ask if they're stupid or something, pretty sure there are places where calling someone "retarded" could get reported as a hate crime.
>>
>>9462322
People get called much worse than that in public and life moves on. Do you think the police are going to care about a fight between some guy and a girl in a frilly dress? No. They're going to laugh, get you to fill out some paperwork, and move on to more pressing matters (or do nothing at all- but they don't give a shit about your hate crime).
>>
>>9462327
Because most people don't report it, but if the guy wanted to be an asshole he could.

I'm more paranoid than normal because I work in education, but where just telling them to fuck off would work I don't think using slurs is worth the risk.
>>
>>9462330
I think you're missing my point. Even if he does report it, nothing will happen. It's not like a classroom setting where you know the name of the person who said x. This is some random person on the street. The cops aren't going to give a shit.
>>
>>9462322
Real life isn't some safe space tumblr blog.
>>
One time I was waiting for my friend on a subway platform and some octogenarian came right up beside me and started talking about how it was his lucky day to meet such a lovely pretty little lady here. Thankfully my friend came and we boarded before grandpa could ask if he could take a peek up my petticoat.

>>9462330
For something to be a hate crime, there has to be an actual crime committed where the motivating factor is discrimination against a certain group of people. The instance that anon described isn't even hate speech, it's garden variety harassment at best. You can get into a lot of shit in academia for publicly calling someone a nigger retard faggot, but it's not actually illegal to do that unless you say that those people need to be gassed in the same breath.
>>
>be me in relatively boring coord
>hear "Heidi!" three times, each time getting closer
>my name isn't Heidi
>Guy grabs me by the arm roughly
>"you look like Heidi"
>what
>"from the book!"

He wasn't dangerous, though he scared me when he grabbed my arm. I never have been called Heidi before.
>>
>>9462292
Depends, if I notice someone staring at me in the subway or in other places where social interaction is normally kept to a minimum, I stare right back, sometimes raise an eyebrow. If that person actually wanted to talk to me, they will come over and be like "sorry, I didn't want to be weird, I just liked your dress/face/whatever". If they just wanted to rudely look me over, they will feel embarrassed for being noticed and judged and hopefully won't do it the next time.
>>
>>9459885
>tfw no qt heraldry-obsessed bf
>>
>>9459675
Sounds like men are the problem here and that you are genuinely scared of being harrassed or something worse.

Carry a parasol or umbrella with you. Studies have shown that men are much less likely wanting to attack or rape you when you visibly carry something that you can use as your self-defense. Don't wear your hair in a ponytail, don't wear headphones and don't discract yourself with your smartphone. Have a confident look on your face and be aware of your surroundings. Always be on the watch.

Remember that it's a power thing for them, they are looking for easy targets that they can quickly overwhelm in a surprise attack. I also doubt that they would want to attack a lolita. It's complicated clothing consisting of many layers, so that wouldn't qualify as an easy target. People won't follow you when they realise you are not an easy target.

As for people throwing stupid comments at you, just ignore them and put on your bitch face.
>>
i was walking with my brother across the streets and we saw a lolita, she looked really cute and i looked at her for half a second and then looked away to not raise suspicion that i might be into it

it made me happy though, it really worked for her, didn't look costumey or anything just very elegant
>>
I sometimes see an ita in my village and it makes me really happy.
>>
>>9462517
So whats the point if you cant look and everyone gets pissed, i crack a smile and they smile but if you try and conversate look out!
>>
>>9459970
>yamaka
too late! now I can only imagine a weeb girl in a yamaka!
>>
File: tumblr_m86sv0eho51qgb5p1o2_250.gif (638KB, 245x184px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m86sv0eho51qgb5p1o2_250.gif
638KB, 245x184px
>>9462536
....just say talk, girl
>>
>>9462310
sniped
>>
>>9462384
I understand you, we have a lot of that kind of guys over here
>>
>>9462536
Just act like a normal fucking human being around them, you sound like a butthurt creep
>>
>>9459891
>Sweden?
>idk
>Austria?
>idk
>>
>>9460852
Hair spray, perfume...axe body spray? That shit makes my eyes water if someone walks by with too much on. I think its safe to say axe would be a great replacement for pepper spray
>>
>>9459718
Curious, what is the logic behind this? And does it help crime rates?
>>
>>9462872
Please don't open that can of worms here, it'll be a flame war.

Can't you guys in weaponless countries use stuff like bear spray that's sold at camping/hunting/outdoors stores? Fishing bait spray would be a hell of a thing to get someone with
>>
>>9462366
>>9462330
>>9462327
>>9462322
Times are changing. There was a guy from /pol/ recently who is going to prison because he sent an animated gif to an epileptic journalist as a prank. The journalist was slimy af of course, so no surprise
>>
>>9462528
One time I saw an ita on my university campus. She looked godawful, but my campus is so painfully normie that it made me happy. It's the kind of place where you're asked whose wedding you're going to when you wear any kind of skirt.
>>
>>9462095
Had this happen to my comm at a small meet a while back. Woman came over and asked for photos, we declined. She paused for a second, then said "Well, I'm taking one anyway" and walked away from us backwards, taking photos on her phone.

She had kids with her so I didn't want to cause a scene, even though I've confronted people who have tried to take creepshots in public before and most of the time they apologise without hassle. She seemed like an absolute cunt though. I wonder how she'd have felt if I'd pulled my phone out and started photographing her kids.
>>
>>9462882
I think there's a big difference between potentially sending someone into a seizure and asking some scummy rando on the street if he's retarded.
That and you kind of showed the difference in what is and isn't reported; a journalist with pull being harassed versus street harassment, that and in anons example it's a woman harassing a man, so chances of being reported (and taken seriously) are damn near zilch
>>
>>9462877
I usually carry my house keys between my fingers (I have three keys so I'm like a budget wolverine). I also used to carry one of those mini hairsprays in my bag, that shit stings, and really all you need to do is shock an attacker and then fucking run.

Also, pro-tip: if you're being attacked, shout FIRE instead of like "HELP ME" or "RAPE" or whatever, people apparently respond better to that.
>>
>>9462902
>I wonder how she'd have felt if I'd pulled my phone out and started photographing her kids.
Should have done it imo, some people won't learn unless they get a taste of their own medicine.
>>
>>9462902
This shit happened to me a couple weeks back. Bitch was about to get it. I will never understand the logic and entitlement of strangers
>>
>>9462322
Are you retarded?
>>
>>9462902
For future reference, you start by saying how big of an embarrassment they are as a person, and take out your own phone and record it. Better than a photo.
>>
>>9462304
>>9462322

Literally the epitome of the bratty lolita stereotype. If you're going to dress like a princess you need to behave like a princess even if the harassment is unwarranted. You can still rebuttal, just with grace and some dignity....
>>
File: 1445420235609.jpg (14KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1445420235609.jpg
14KB, 400x225px
>>9463006
>If you're going to dress like a princess you need to behave like a princess
I don't necessarily condone aggressive behavior like anon described but please stop saying this shit, lolita is not a costume, if you want to pretend to be a princess get into LARP.
>>
File: 1463116808841.jpg (98KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
1463116808841.jpg
98KB, 612x612px
>>9463006
>B-but lolitas must be luvlies!!

People still believe this shit unironically?
>>
>>9463006
Fuck outta here, grandma.
>>
>>9462922
You're right, scream 'HELP, FIRE' I'm sure a psych major could chime in here but people are more likely to respond to an external threat like a fire or accident than they are to intervene in an intimate person vs person conflict.
>>
File: 1476717996015.jpg (76KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
1476717996015.jpg
76KB, 630x630px
>>9462304
>"Do you have autism?"
I like this girl already
>>
>>9462922
amazed no one has said this yet but having keys between your fingers is only going to hurt yourself/fuck up your hand and break your fingers anon.
Hold keys like you'd hold a knife and jab or hammer.
>>
File: 1486843313775.jpg (19KB, 307x212px) Image search: [Google]
1486843313775.jpg
19KB, 307x212px
>>9462304
i love this girl and aspire to be this level of ballsy
>>
>>9463019
Coming from the same board as cosplay...
>>
>>9462304
This is hilarious.
>>
>nice ita!
> give him a confused look.
>>
>>9462882
Because purposefully trying to make someone have a seizure is the same as saying some mean things. You sound pretty retarded yourself.
>>
>>9463006
>with grace and some dignity....
When confronted with an unwashed, mentally ill, pervert incel with not a single social skill to scratch his ass with? Sure, anon. You live in Lala land?
>>
>>9463434
You're new here, aren't you?
>>
How do you guys conceal carry while in lolita?
>>
File: Romance-4.jpg (445KB, 1200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Romance-4.jpg
445KB, 1200x1800px
>>9463836
How do you not? They make stuff that fits under tight normalfag clothes. You can definitely fit this under lolita. Dene Adams is the brand name. They have a Spanx like holster for thighs, too.
>>
>>9463845
Of course you can hide things in your dress, but it should be easy to draw or else what is the point.
>>
>>9463836
Thigh holsters all the way, you can have a larger one and it's still completely hidden under the poof of your petti.
>>
>>9463845

>gets harassed
>HOLD THE FUCK UP FAGGOT
>WAIT
>I NEED TO LIFT THIS SKIRT ABOVE MY POOF POOF AND GET TO MY HANDGUN

Yup, this getup looks super practical.
>>
>>9462384
heidi as in the heidi & peter mountain story? it's better than bo peep
>>
>>9463845
How the fuck would you get to these while wearing a dress? You'd have to be wearing a button up blouse you could rip off quickly to get to your weapons, otherwise you can get to them without having to take your dress off. Hip/thigh holsters are the best option outside of having a pistol in your purse, not only is it incredibly easy to get to, it's well concealed under your petticoat, versus a.. stomach? holster that would definitely show under anything remotely form fitting.
Not to mention a misfire of being shot in the abdomen is 1000000000X worse than taking a shot to your foot or lower leg
>>
>>9462185
>>9462240
the goal is to make him as uncomfortable as possible. By putting the onus of proof on him, HE'S the creep for knowing such things.
>>
>>9462240
I had few encounters with these guys. I always tell them that if they have those sort of problems, they should go to a doctor rather than asking random people for advice. Than I walk away. Works everytime.
>>
File: 1478984765822.jpg (45KB, 410x391px) Image search: [Google]
1478984765822.jpg
45KB, 410x391px
>>9462204
w h y
>>
File: 1478848873949.png (159KB, 446x400px) Image search: [Google]
1478848873949.png
159KB, 446x400px
>>9462240
anon I love you for this
>>
>>9462384
Next one to touch you should get hit, hard.
Touching complete strangers without invitation is a big no.
>>
>>9462922
There's a fine for false fire, but it's better than death.
>>9459675
Tips:
>kick out the knees
>Control the head, the body will follow
>get in close where there's little power to their attacks.
>knives are more deadly (damage wise) than guns, worry about being stabbed more than shot.
>if you find yourself fighting for your life, don't stop until your opponent can't get up. Don't worry about the repercussions, it's better to be on trial by twelve than carried by six in a pine box.
>take a defensive course.
>above all else:avoid confrontation. Give the mugger the money and cancel your cards, stay in public areas, and travel with witnesses.
>>
>>9464730
Can you be my frilly Mickey Goldmill?
>>
>>9459797
Order a can of pepper spray or "dog" spray off amazon.

Source: am leaf manlet who felt like he needed it
>>
>>9463190
Shit, I didn't know that. Thankfully I've never been in a position to actually use the keys. Thanks for the tip.

Back on topic, I was on the subway when a dude put his phone screen into my face. He'd written a note on it complimenting my coord. I'm unsure why he couldn't say it out loud but it was still pleasant.
>>
> at a mall with other lolita friends
> stereotypical "Beverly Hills" middle-aged blonde lady comes up to us
> "I love your outfits!"
> I brace for typical ignorant comments
> lady starts talking about how her daughter is into cosplay
> here we go again.jpg
> then she mentions reading about the decline of street fashion in Harajuku
> wait what

My friends and I started genuinely talking to her more when she mentioned that, and it turned out she really knew her shit. We even mentioned the name of the brands where we got our dresses from when she asked instead of just replying with "Oh, we got it online." One of the best conversations I've ever had with a normie concerning lolita.
>>
>be brolita
>couple weeks before a con
>I have a super cute pastel goth/shoegaze kinda outfit
>at friend's house working on makeup clashing with my recently dyed hair
>>not buying a wig if I can make my real hair do the thing I need, but that's just me
>her younger brother/roommate asks if we'll get him some beer
>figure we'll do it because we forgot to plan ahead and get some for ourselves
>we go to the liquor store with me rocking pastel goth and her wearing some military looking cosplay from a show I'm not familiar with
>my id looks nothing like how I look now
>dyed hair, make-up, etc
>friend didn't have a bag or pockets so didn't bring hers
>guy thinks I'm an underage girl
>asks who I took the id from
>I lean in close to him and destroy the illusion of femininity
>pull my old kentucky accent out and use my full man voice
>"Look now boy, I mayn't look it, but I ain't no type to fuck around when there's beer involved. Now whyn't chyu just let me pay for th' alchihowl so I can go home an' git the liddle lady drunk, huh?"
>I've never seen a man more confused in my entire life
>we got our alcohol, but I'm not allowed in that liquor store anymore
Real talk though, my id looks like someone else's mugshot when I'm wearing casual clothes. Even less like me with makeup. Usually people don't question it when I'm all dressed up though. Such is life I suppose.
>>
>>9465513
>not buying a wig
Stopped there.
>>
>>9465544
>implying you have to wear a wig for jfash
>>
>>9465513
>>we got our alcohol, but I'm not allowed in that liquor store anymore

I suppose that counts as a victory.
>>
I was at work and saw a customer wearing lolita, I got way too excited and had to tell them how much I loved their dress asfhkdhfj
>>
>>9462304
this girl sounds a lot like my ex, who has asperger's.
I hated doing damage control in public and apologizing to people on his behalf. must fucking suck after a while.
do you guys have good interactions and a good friendship?
or do you orbit her like a sheep-shaped planet?
>>
>>9462304
Shes my hero
>>
>>9462204
well yeah, wasn't expecting that
>>
>>9466290
this has happened to me!! saw a Lolita mom walk past the store with a little girl multiple times and they never came in so i couldn't talk to them!!
>>
>>9466391
We are actually friends. She's fine most of the time. It's just when people start trying to talk shit on lolita that she gets defensive.

I think the main reason is that I got her into lolita and she feels guilty about being so mean to me in high school (which really wasn't even that bad- normal bullying). She sees anyone trying to talk shit on lolita as bullying not just her but me too, so I think that just pisses her off. She is a really good and changed person for the most part, though. I wouldn't give her up for all of the dream dresses in the world.
>>
>>9466884
that's actually beautiful anon
>>
>>9466884
That is super cute, and it sounds like you make an adorable couple.
>>
>>9466884
>>9467513
I shipped it since the first post.
>>
>>9462310
my boyfriend used to send me creep pics like this when he was away at college
i always worried someone would yell at him for it thinking hes a creep, when really he was trying to make me smile half way across the country
>feels
>>
>>9463858
Too bad they don't have this sort of holsters for sleeves
>>
>>9465513
They sold you alcohol when your friend didn't have her ID on her?
>sus
>>
>>9467842
It is possible in some contries as far asas i know
>>
>>9467842
well they sold it to him and not to her, so..
>>
It was May.
I was wearing JetJ coat and high bodyline boots. Waiting for my bf. He is late. I was standing at the square between an underground station and the shopping centre, so it's quite crowded.
A man, about 26 yo or something came near me and started to shout
-Miss, you're so pretty! You are very pretty! Don't get me wrong, you are really pretty! Preatty!
And than he ran away.

Wtf was that?
>>
>>9467890
You can't do that in merica anymore. Everyone in the store in the same group has to have ID on them if they're at the register all at once. My mom was buying wine for a party at a store I was in when I was 16 and they refused to sell her the wine because I was there and was underage.
>>
>>9468272
Even though she was your mom? Sorry but that's bullshit. Am I supposed to leave my kid at home unattended so I can buy my wine? I would of complained desu
>>
>>9468272
What state? It varies from place to place. I had that happen to me in Oklahoma (yeah, my little cousin and I are totally going to share this 6 pack) but never in Texas.
>>
>>9468509
I think it varies with store policies as well. I live in az and was denied an energy drink in a chain liquor store because i didn't have id on me even though I'm well over 21 and with someone who did present an id
>>
>>9468235
Boys fear cute girls
>>
>>9468306
It was bs, my mom was really angry at the clerk but she understood it wasn't her fault, just the store's new policy.

>>9468509
New York. It also happened again recently with me and my brother. I was in lolita and forgot my ID, they refused to sell my brother cooking wine since I had no ID, despite being 26 and him 23.
>>
>>9468772
I've only see it be true for groups of college kids. I've never seen obviously older people get stopped with kids in tow. Though my Japanese American husband did get stopped by a black clerk because she assumed the Japanese people in front of him were with him. She wanted to ID all of them after they had left and wasn't going to let him purchase. Husband was livid because he's as American as it gets and they were obviously fobs.
>>
>>9468918
Wow, they already left and she wanted to see his ID too for something they purchased? Thats fucking retarded.
>>
>>9459913
this, I do the same thing and have had no problems.
>>
>>9468971
Nope, worse. He was trying to buy beer and wanted to see their IDs.
>>
>>9462922
The reason people are more likely to respond faster is because "FIRE" makes you brain think you are in danger. Whereas with the other 2, people won't help because it's someone else in danger & they won't fuck with that. People are also stupid and think "oh someone else will hear and help them, so I don't have to."
>>
>>9462148
>>9462317
>>9459885
>>9465353

These stories warmed my cold dead heart. Thanks, anons.

>>9464111
>>9462240
I'M DYING. Marry me, both of you.
>>
File: 1493787108575.png (123KB, 342x298px) Image search: [Google]
1493787108575.png
123KB, 342x298px
Lolita has made me realise that the general population don't have basic fairy tale knowledge. I get that it looks like a costume to people who don't know, but I've got some real confusing comparisons.
>Black and white old school coord
>Hey bo-peep, where are your red shoes?

>Sweet Cream House
>Is she supposed to be Cinderella?

>My boyfriend in black ouji with top hat
>Oi Alice!
>>
File: bo peep.jpg (88KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
bo peep.jpg
88KB, 500x750px
>>9469319
hey hey same

>be me wearing pic related
>first time wearing lolita in public
>about to take the bus to meet my friends
now, to get to my bus stop you can take a shortcut through this park. the only weird thing about the park is it's so round and flat you naturally end up in a staredown with anyone directly ahead of you.
>man sitting on bench right by the exit
>initiate awkward staredown
>he's wearing a black hoodie, looks slightly drunk
>I have to walk past him to leave
>palms begin spaghetting
>begin walking faster
'who are you supposed to be, little miss bo peep?'
>shrug and run away, underskirts bouncing
>>
>>9462240
Bonus points for using one of Winona Ryder's wide arsenal of confused faces
>>
>>9459974
>people harass me and potentially want to attack/steal from me because i have nice things i worked for
>not shooting them
and /k/ would fire a 410 full of cum at them before shooting them
>>
>>9469319
>hey little red riding hood, where yo sheep?
>>
>>9468272
>>9468306
It depends on the state, but especially ABC states. A lot of businesses are paranoid because the ABC is so strict and will set up stings for minor rules and the cops have been violent, even when there is no alcohol involved. My state didn't even technically allow people to drink on their 21st birthday until recently. I would have to wait in the car in a lot of places if my parents were buying alcohol.
Sage for OT
>>
Okay so I'm going through the drive thru at Mcdonalds and I'm wearing lolita as I do, and I'm wearing cat ears to match the cats in my skirt. Dude asks me what's going on and I'm like "I just felt in a cat mood today" he laughs and asks if I normally dress themed and I'm like not really I just like my cats and felt like looking like them today. It was a little awkward, but he was nice and we had a nice laugh.
>>
>>9469319
Man this reminds me, the other day I was walking to get my bus and a guy calls to me 'Cinderella, Cinderella, are you looking for a fella?' I just said 'Already have one' and went on my way. I was dressed nothing like Cinderella, I was wearing a pink MM dress...
>>
Don't know if this has come up in another thread, but the dailyfail counts as in public, right? Do we have a media thread?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4495222/Transgender-woman-finds-self-acceptance-Lolita.html
>>
>>9472958
Oh noooooo I want to die, why does this have to be a recent article, I have loads of bigoted old relatives that read the Mail.

You should post this in the lolita general, but use a donotlink to avoid giving it more hits.
>>
>>9472958
to be fair, atleast they can sort of dress themselves
even though their face looks like a wrinkled old ballsack
>>
>>9471871
>i'm wearing cat ears
>cats ears
anon no
>>
>>9473048
Nayrt but it's been posted in the general twice.
Thread posts: 166
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.