[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

General Help Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 335
Thread images: 93

File: halp.jpg (40KB, 320x246px) Image search: [Google]
halp.jpg
40KB, 320x246px
Last one disappeared from the catalog, so let's star a fresh one.
>>
File: angery brows.png (78KB, 922x524px) Image search: [Google]
angery brows.png
78KB, 922x524px
How do i style my bros for cosplay? all three characters I'm cosplaying for my upcoming con all have light hair (light pink, light brown, and white-blonde) and I have jet black brows. They are not only black, but the hairs are thick and the brows themselves about 3/4 cm thick. after styling all my wigs, they look weird with all of them... I don't want to pluck them down because I don't want then to stop growing in, but every time I've seen someone paint over/re-color their brows, it looks like shit. anyone have advice?
pic related, it's what my brows look like- they pretty much look like perma-angery archless Tang Dynasty eyebrows...
>>
>>9458730
sorry to say this anon but you have to either pluck or at least shave them with an eyebrow blade and shape up your eyebrows. If it really isn't possible for you to do so, use an eyebrow scissor to thin the hairs out to alleviate the caveman look, but you'll have to use lots concealer or paint over to cover up the hairs that arent supposed to be there
>>
I'm working on a Yasuho Hirose cosplay and I don't know what I should do for her hair, specifically the beads. Should I try to find large wooden beads, or should I make them? Also, how would I secure them so they won't fall out?
>>
>>9458899

maybe not the best way but i would buy or make them. making them would be nice because you could make them super light. i would use that stuff i bought 4 years ago (model magic from crayola i think) to make homestuck horns. just roll a ball, sand it if needed and paint. i would personally attach it to cheap hair ties and just.. tie it into your hair. i know the pic probably means for her hair to go through the beads but maybe you can get away with putting them on top? sorry im just trying to brainstorm some ideas
>>
File: hmmm.png (1MB, 634x900px) Image search: [Google]
hmmm.png
1MB, 634x900px
So this is my first dress and I'm not sure which one I should get. I think I'm leaning towards AP celestial but I'm stuck on how to style it. Should I just buy a star bag and call it a day?
>>
>>9458899
Just buy big beads

Also use velcro. The fuzzy side for friction.
>>
File: 317874.jpg (46KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
317874.jpg
46KB, 225x350px
No idea how to make the balls in her hair. Plz help
>>
File: IMG_7716.jpg (30KB, 297x430px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7716.jpg
30KB, 297x430px
I cannot for the life of me find fabric I think is accurate enough for this character. Any fabric suggestions very welcome. Most pinstripes just don't look right.
>>
File: hair.jpg (50KB, 238x308px) Image search: [Google]
hair.jpg
50KB, 238x308px
Is there a wig close to this style? Or will I need to try my hand at styling a long black mens wig to get this unkempt look.
>>
>>9459037
Styrofoam balls. Coat with modpodge or foam smoother after making holes through big enough to slide onto the pigtails. Paint and finish. You could just tie a holder onto the end of the pigtails to keep them in place. Something like that maybe.
>>
What kind of paint is suggested to airbrush on stretch fabric such as fleece or microsuede?
>>
File: s-l1600 (1).jpg (68KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600 (1).jpg
68KB, 800x800px
did anyone order from "yusen123" and had a cosplay comissioned?

pic related
>>
I got a dremel multitool for Christmas and I haven't used it yet. I know its useful to prop making. Any suggestions for a good starter project to learn how to use it?
>>
I've been using both setting powder and spray and my mehron paradise paint still keeps smudging off?
>>
>>9459683
any foam blade is a great way to start out
>>
I've got loads of temporary tattoo printer paper but haven't had much luck making it appear natural in past projects. All I've done is trim it as close as I can to the design and then powder it a bit with makeup to make it more "set" but it just emphasizes where the edges of the paper are and it doesn't do much for the shine.
>>
Not really cosplay related, but I suppose you guys can help me.

What can a person put in their eyes to mimick "colourful" tears? Is there any product that is not dangerous and can give this effect?

Thanks
>>
Anyone know how to mold an afro wig into an oval?
>>
>>9459708
Paradise is a water based paint and while setting powder and spray will improve its longevity, it can't completely prevent it from rubbing off, especially at joints or where clothing meets the skin. If you have smudging, try to figure out why. Are you touching the paint? Stop touching it. Are you sweating through it? Try a different primer. If you really need something that doesn't budge, look into alcohol based paints.
>>
>>9459916
Yeah, I've realized that I'll just have to do touch-ups since it's impossible not to touch my face when I'm finishing up the makeup.

I'm reminded of why I rarely cosplay characters that require full face paint. At least now after trying a few different methods, I'll likely switch to alcohol based paints for next year
>>
>>9459928
One note about alcohol based paints: they require alcohol (or time and scrubbing) to remove.
>>
>>9459044
Corduroy
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (146KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
146KB, 1920x1080px
I'm planning on making a monokuma costume, but I'm not sure what material to make the teeth out of so its opaque from the outside. I have black fabric that I've used before to see out of but I dont know what to use for the white. I dont want to be as visable as this costumes teeth.
>>
>>9459776
Acid
>>
Whats the best way to approach people at a con? Looking to meet some new people and I'm pretty weeb but have social skills.

Considering wearing a t-shirt with an anime inuniverse brand on it that weebs of my sort will recognise without it being a clear animu shirt. Good enough starting point?
>>
>>9459774
Matt varnish takes off the shine, you could likely brush on a coat a bit in advance and let it dry. It will remove the shit and you can still wash it off later with minimal effort
>>
>>9460059
Use white fabric. People cannot see in if there are no light sources inside and your face is not pressed up against the screen. If you're still afraid, back it with black fabric and just see out of the black half of his mouth.

>>9460092
People love to talk about themselves and what THEY like, not what you're wearing. Wear whatever you want and strike up conversations using what THEY are cosplaying or wearing shirts of as the starting point.
>>
>>9460059
All the furries use buckram/scrim for their eyes. It comes in white.
>>
>>9460096
Obviously, I'm not going to go "hey lets talk about my t-shirt". But is it a good idea to wear something low key weeb that will be reconisable to fans who pay attention but normie looking?

Lets say you were a DBZ fan and wearing a capsule company t-shirt, just the name. Would that work as a jump off point?
>>
>>9460103
It can work, but the thing with low-key is that most people you see who aren't in cosplay will be wearing something extremely similar to yours if you're at an anime con. Do not expect anyone to approach you and strike up a conversation with you unless you were stuck in a line. If I saw you with a shirt of a series I'm familiar with, I would at least know you share something with me but I probably wouldn't comment on your shirt.

Really, wear what you like and what you're comfortable with, and if you want to chat about it with someone, you'll be a lot more successful if you take the initiative to strike up that conversation with someone who is cosplaying from the series, wearing clothes with the series, or waiting in line for a panel of the series. You'll likely be more disappointed if you just wandered around hoping someone will come to you; very very rarely will someone do that.
>>
File: IMG_7982.png (286KB, 824x930px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7982.png
286KB, 824x930px
Planning to cosplay as Takumi from Kabaneri Of The Iron Fortress next year.

From the look of him, does it look like traditional Japanese garb or does it look I have to prepare EVERYTHING from scratch?

Also; what kind of hairstyle is that? It looks like he just let that hair grow without cutting it
>>
File: image.png (119KB, 500x593px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
119KB, 500x593px
Y'all I am really just killing myself with this cosplay. I need some help with the top of the cape and with the head, anyone got ideas?
>>
I'm sewing darts, and when I turn everything back the right way, some of my stitches are visible. Why? Why have I been forsaken? What am I doing wrong?
>>
>>9460300
stitches are too loose or wide or your needle is too big
>>
>>9460306
I didn't even realize the needle size could be an issue. Thanks, anon!
>>
Not sure on where else to post this, so please redirect if there's somewhere more appropriate.

Basically, the flock/velvet style printing is wearing off one of my favourite shirts. Is there anything I can do to re-flock it or something?
>>
File: felix.png (1016KB, 1085x601px) Image search: [Google]
felix.png
1016KB, 1085x601px
I'm not normally one to buy cosplays but I just found out I'm going to a con last second so in this situation I don't really have much time.

Someone offered to buy it for me so does anyone have any experience, good or bad, or advice on getting this?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Anime-Re-Life-in-a-different-world-from-zero-Felix-Argyle-Cat-Uniform-Lolita-dress-cosplay/32723117734.html?spm=2114.01010208.3.24.JLRszj&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0%2Csearchweb201602_4_10152_10065_10151_10130_10068_436_10136_10137_10157_10060_10138_10155_10062_10156_10154_10056_10055_10054_10059_10099_10103_10102_10096_10052_10053_10142_10107_10050_10051_10084_10083_10080_10082_10081_10178_10110_10111_10112_10113_10114_10181_10183_10182_10078_10079_10073_10070_10123%2Csearchweb201603_4%2CppcSwitch_5&btsid=3f5ea53e-b643-4644-872a-f49c1a85b1ec&algo_expid=e0085eb5-b7d8-4e44-b058-04c904c33233-3&algo_pvid=e0085eb5-b7d8-4e44-b058-04c904c33233

and this (since the link above doesn't come with ears or tail)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Re-Zero-Kara-Hajimeru-Isekai-Seikatsu-Felix-Argyle-Cosplay-Wig-2-ears-CAP-/322362105305?hash=item4b0e475dd9%3Ag%3A2~IAAOSw241YVOWb

pic related for both. is the wig too trashy? I normally style my own wigs but I've been out of the cosplay game for a while and don't have money to be messing around with potentially ruining it.

and any ideas where I can find a tail?
>>
File: ahaha.jpg (34KB, 476x463px) Image search: [Google]
ahaha.jpg
34KB, 476x463px
I'm going to get body paint. My character is light purple.
What color should I go for?
I mostly see purples that are very bright on the bottle, but will it blend out together with skintone? I will get a light purple powder as well, but dont know how much it will affect. (I am pale.)
Pic related, thats about the color i want.
>>
>>9460135

That diamond on the left side of his coat doesn't look traditional at all
>>
>>9461075
If you want a specific shade, you can get a liquid paint (like Proaiir hybrid paints) and get a blue and a red and mix them together to get the exact color you want.
>>
File: make-money-online-photgraphy[1].jpg (54KB, 477x358px) Image search: [Google]
make-money-online-photgraphy[1].jpg
54KB, 477x358px
Question on photography pricing (particularly for the west coast / California):
Photographer I'm interested in is charging $30 for 30 minutes and 2 digital photos. I'm new to the paying-for-sessions scene; is this on par for photo work? If I book with him, would it be alright to ask for any unused raws so I could edit them myself?

>>9460271
Oh my god, I love Cucumber Quest!
For the head, I'd recommend looking up some tutorials for Doc Scratch (a Homestuck character); example linked below
>http://scratchtheman.deviantart.com/art/Scratchman-s-Helmet-Tutorial-256734603
(I remember people mentioning that they'd purchased acrylic globes from stores that sold the lighting components for streetlights.)
Your options are
>putting a slit for vision in the back of the globe, wearing it backwards to walk around, and swivelling it forwards for photos
>leaving the globe unmarred and just carrying the head around, and putting it on for photos
>find a translucent paint for the red/green/purple bits so you *kind* of get vision
For the cape collar, do a search for "stiff cape collar tutorial." If you don't need it to be flexible/bendy, you can use plastic canvas (it's used for cross stitch stuff but is easy to cut with scissors, and is found at Michaels and JoAnn if you have them nearby), buckram (used in hatmaking, I think), really stiff craft interfacing (also at JoAnn), and/or some floral wire to help support the shape.
>>
>>9461031
halp
>>
File: Sun_Moon_Mina.png (196KB, 254x653px) Image search: [Google]
Sun_Moon_Mina.png
196KB, 254x653px
I'm trying to figure out how to put the pink into the hair, I was thinking of spraying the tips, but what type of paint can I use? It's a wig from Epic Cosplay

Or does someone else have a better method? wefts might not work since the pink is so far from the top of the wig
>>
>>9461388
since its paint, its accurate to use paint and have that hard crunchy appearance. I would use a lot to keep it solid, since it'll look bad if the hairs separate. I'd say use acrylic.
>>
>>9461388
I tried dying mine, but the dye didn't take as well as I'd hoped and turned out a more "natural" pink than a bright magenta. When that happened I just took some of my extra face paint and put some on the wig, it wasn't a bad mix.

I've also used spray on wigs but I wouldn't recommend it for Mina as it rubs off on your clothes over time so it'll be real obvious on a white shirt.
>>
File: maxresdefault (3).jpg (114KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (3).jpg
114KB, 1920x1080px
Guys I have a question about expanding foam.
Why does everyone do both sides of the prop with the foam and only then they carve it, having to guess where the cardboard is? Why not do one side, carve it, since you can see the cardboard pattern, then only after that do the foam on the other side? I really don't know how am I going to do my prop by "guessing" things...
>>
File: IMG_2784.jpg (205KB, 699x1143px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2784.jpg
205KB, 699x1143px
I need fabric suggestions for Acerola. I'm remaking my cosplay and I'm at loss. I like the fabric used in pic related but can't place it.

Also, how do her sleeves even work?
>>
>>9461554
have you ever done any sort of sculpting before? in any medium. im guessing you havent.

its a visualization method.
the way i see it, i feel like its easier to visualize and create an object if im able to shape it from all directions.

why dont you just do whatever feels right to you. if you feel like its better to just focus on one side and then do the other, then just do it that way.
>>
>>9461574

I've played around with sculpting before, but overall failed attempts, I'm bad at it. And yes, my 3D vision is terrible. You make a point that maybe that's the problem here.

I wasn't sure if carving a side at a time would ruin the prop or have some other problem.

Thank you for your help
>>
File: chris-sulzbach-advcaptain-render.jpg (418KB, 1920x1243px) Image search: [Google]
chris-sulzbach-advcaptain-render.jpg
418KB, 1920x1243px
Where would I go about finding the under shirt and pants on this ADVENT officer? I'm assuming it would be some underarmour or some sort of sports gear but I'm not sure what it would be called
>>
>>9461031
It's going to be a crapshoot. Chinese sellers source from various factories with workers of various skill levels. The sample you see is not what you'll get. Google "cat tail" to buy a tail. Enjoy and have fun.
>>
does anyone remember that one website that shows how to scale stuff properly to your height by just tracing a path from your reference picture?
>>
Bought pic related as my first lolita dress
however, I'm not really sure how the fuck to co-ord it
colour-wise anyway
should I try to bring out the red in it?
or should I stick to the ivory?
>>
>>9461388
You could also use the sharpie dye method.
>>
>>9461315
>$30 for 30 minutes and 2 digital photos.
You're only getting two pictures? Most photogs I have worked with charge by the half hour/hour, and however many decent shots they take is how many you get.
>>
>>9461704
I'm not sure if it would be too matchy with the red shoes on the dress, but this would look great with ivory stockings and rich red velour mary janes. Maybe go with a cream with red accent headpiece.
>>
>>9461315
I'd say for California that's pretty pricey.
>>
>>9461315
Thank you so much omf
>>
>>9461801

Thank you very much anon!
>>
Is there any way to remove the glue from an iron-on patch?

I have a patch I'd like to use but I don't want to wreck the jacket I put it on or I may want to move it. I have managed to just stitch iron-on patches before but this one is too stiff and will look awkward.

Any ideas?
>>
Can anyone recommend a good compact camera for everyday usage, taking pics of coords etc? I don't feel like carrying my DSLR around all the time, so a good compact one could really help me.
>>
>>9461408
>>9461410
>>9461721
Thanks anons!
>>
File: 314630.jpg (56KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
314630.jpg
56KB, 225x350px
So I'm planning to do a gyro cosplay and I was wondering if someone could give me some advice.

Mainly it's the hat and the shirt.
For the hat I'd figure id just get a hat and cut the slots out, but I'm not sure what type of hat I'm looking for.
Same thing for the shirt, I know what I'd do to modify it but I don't know what type of shirt to get.

Any help would be nice
>>
are colored contacts a must like a wig ? i am very skeptical of putting illegal non fitted contacts in my eye
>>
>>9462802
No unless you're character has a super specific eye color and you care.
>>
>>9462681
i personally use a Lumix LX10K when I dont want to bring my DSLR around.
>>
File: Nyoho.jpg (187KB, 1720x1066px) Image search: [Google]
Nyoho.jpg
187KB, 1720x1066px
>>9462739
I actually made a Gyro hat from scratch, as it have a very specific square shape that no other hat have. I used a cardboard base and covered it in sinthetic suede, plus a pair of craft foam googles.
As for the shirt, if youre going to buy it anyways, just comission it and add modifications to your liking.
If you still need help with the hat, you can contact me on Facebook (Check the watermark).
>>
>>9461554
That is actually a good method for starters, but, as you get experience, you start doing things like how >>9461574 said.
>>
>>9460135
The things that I see that can be bought tare the shirt and pants, as they look like a basic Gi/karate uniform, and the black undershirt.
The happi coat might be bought, too, but you'll need to do extra sewing to add all those lines to it.
>>
I had a scarf knitted for a costume that is 70% super wash wool and 30% silk. I need to do a gradient dye on it of red orange and yellow, are there any particular types of dyes you guys would suggest for this?
>>
Total newbie here, anyone have any suggestions for body/face paint and not having sweat/rub off?
>>
File: 4205.jpg (3MB, 4200x3300px) Image search: [Google]
4205.jpg
3MB, 4200x3300px
Can I get recommendations for sewing machines that aren't too expensive but also aren't as bad as this piece of crap?

It works 50% of the time, the other 50% has jamming issues regardless of tension, so I'm not looking for anything super fancy, just something that's more reliable.
>>
>>9463030
Janomr 2200xt
>>
File: Kinu_portrait.png (378KB, 493x512px) Image search: [Google]
Kinu_portrait.png
378KB, 493x512px
Anyone have tutorials for these kinds of ears? A lot of tutorials that come up are too stiff looking

>>9458730
Bleach them for the con season. It'll be easier to color them, and it usually lifts pretty quickly since you would be washing your face regularly.

>>9459070
Have you looked at Jareth - Long from Arda wigs? You'll probably need to tease it a little to get the volume

>>9459776
What color do you need the tears to be? Kyrolan and other SPFX brands makes colored tears

>>9463014
Kyrolan or Ben nye cream colors for your face (set with a translucent powder, ben nye has a "neutral set" don't forget to contour in a color that's a few shades darker than your new skin tone) For your body do arm socks and stockings in the same color.
>>
File: 1493790147814.jpg (125KB, 640x1107px) Image search: [Google]
1493790147814.jpg
125KB, 640x1107px
>>9458340
Can a male successfully pull off the gothic lolita look? Should I wear a wig if my hair won't grow past my shoulders? Where can I learn the basics of applying makeup to look more feminine?

>pic very related
>>
How do colored contacts work? Could I just slip them ontop of 'regular' contacts (the kind you use for vision)?

Dont want my glasses to ruin my cosplay
>>
>>9461727
>>9462017
Thanks for the input! I guess I'll keep looking around.

>>9462250
No problem, and I hope it goes well! Do you have a place you'll be posting progress? (though I understand if you'd rather not share onto cgl)

>>9463084
Do NOT double up on contacts.
Your options:
- Talk to your optometrist and get a prescription for contact lenses - your eyeballs might have an unusual shape (like mine, since I have astigmatism) and you'll need special accommodations in lenses for that. Buy prescription colored contacts.
- Buy plano colored contacts (ie, no prescription in them, 0.00/0.00), wear them underneath your regular glasses, take your glasses off for pictures.
Sites I've purchased from before: Honeycolor, Uniqso -- but as with any site, check the reviews on individual products.
More in-depth information on colored contacts and not destroying your eyes (remember: you only get one pair):
>http://silencedrowns.tumblr.com/post/156947721218
>>
>>9463084
>Could I just slip them ontop of 'regular' contacts
lol no. is that even a thing people have done before?

you get prescription colored contacts
>>
File: Mana3-1.jpg (23KB, 291x400px) Image search: [Google]
Mana3-1.jpg
23KB, 291x400px
>>9463056
Are you trolling, one of the best goth lolitas of all time is male. Yes, you might want to consider a wig, but don't get a shit one. And youtube tutorials, there are billions.
>>
File: saved.jpg (109KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
saved.jpg
109KB, 960x1280px
>>9463124
I know this is a bad picture but its the only one I have, do you think I could make it?
>>
>>9463104
I feel like I read somewhere before that people used to do that for film and shit, before coloured contacts in a prescription were widely available, but there's really no excuse for it today.
>>
>>9463150
You would pass better if you had a wig.
>>
>>9463055
I don't have a tutorial but I'd recommend sculpting from the kind of foam fursuits are made from.
>>
>>9462849
>Lumix LX10K
Thanks a lot, anon! I'll check it out!
>>
>>9463034
I'm US and every place I'm finding that sells this is UK and doesn't ship overseas, or Ebay sellers that are jacking the price up almost double. Is there another option or a place within the US that sells them without doubling the price?
>>
>>9463546
just get a brother cs6000i or a singer 7258.
>>
>>9463101
Thanks anon, persercption colored contatcs sound like a royal pain in the ass thats not worth it for now. Normal contacts it is
>>
>>9462930
Regular RIT dye meant for organic fibers will work just fine. Try to do a test scrap if possible.
>>
File: babbyfurstpirate.png (819KB, 776x593px) Image search: [Google]
babbyfurstpirate.png
819KB, 776x593px
How is this for a babby's first pirate coord. I want it for ren faires mostly. (or else a themed meet up or event)
I also have various rings as well. But they're off brand.
>>
File: pointed toe lace up flats.jpg (43KB, 320x400px) Image search: [Google]
pointed toe lace up flats.jpg
43KB, 320x400px
Sad there isn't a lolita specific help thread but oh well.

pulling together a spring coord, light and airy. Can't find my bodyline shoes. Do you think >pic related< would be alright without legwear?
>>
does anyone have experience using heat transfer vinyl on polyester? i've been trying to use siser easyweed and ive had a really hard time getting it to apply without burning the fabric. has anyone had success with something like this?
>>
I'm trying to attach vinyl and pleather patterns on top of a costume. So far I've seen these options:

1. Top stitch it down near the edges
2. Iron on transfer
3. Satin stitching
4. Forget the fabric and just paint that shit

Are there any other ones that you guys can recommend? My fabric has a really obviously different coloured underside that would show around the edges if I did anything but satin stitch or turn the edges under, which I'm starting to consider. I also don't particularly like the look of satin stitching but will do it if it's the best option.
>>
ive never cosplayed before but want to. what are good simple but recognizable characters i could do? dont worry about my tastes im also looking for new anime to watch so this kills two seagulls with one stone
>>
>>9463823
No.
>>
>>9463823
the style is cute but those look kinda cheap

idk much bout lolita but they dont look lolita they look teenaged girl on the boardwalk at night
>>
File: balletsocks.jpg (129KB, 798x1000px) Image search: [Google]
balletsocks.jpg
129KB, 798x1000px
>>9464097
No as in, wear some sort of legwear.
or No as in, don't wear the shoes in general.
???

>>9464118
I know they are a popular style right now in basic normie outfits, but I though they replicated the look of those ballet patterned tights >pic related<
>>
>>9464151
These socks look adorable worn with tea party shoes in a matching color. I don't think the shoes you posted will look good with lolita, they might work better for larme.
>>
I have a latex mask I'm using for a cosplay.
I need to paint over some parts to make some touch ups to make it look really legit. What type of paint do I use?
Latex paint? Or can I use any other kind. If latex, any brand recommendations? Can I use a brush or it has to be aerosol?

If other paints, can these paints bend and not crack? Ill be bending the mask to fit it into my bags so it would have to be durable.

Thanks!
>>
>>9463945
Post a pic if the character
>>
File: IMG_20170416_154718.jpg (351KB, 1000x561px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170416_154718.jpg
351KB, 1000x561px
>>9464363
if it doesnt fold much in that place any acrylic is fine, these are latex gloves painted in slightly watered down acrylic and it looks just great, i tried an airbrush but it was a tiny one so i got impatient and did it with a brush. Hasn't cracked, just make sure you dont apply it too thick
>>
>>9464093
when in doubt, cosplay as naruto
>>
File: s-l500.jpg (17KB, 500x369px) Image search: [Google]
s-l500.jpg
17KB, 500x369px
Is it possible to paint the sole of a shoe without the paint chipping off? I can't find a pair with a red spiky upturned base anywhere.
>>
File: e62.gif (1MB, 540x486px) Image search: [Google]
e62.gif
1MB, 540x486px
Does anyone know of some sort of durable rubber or something that could be used to hold a mixture of water and paint absorber to make realistic fat?
>>
>>9464640
Plastidip is about all you can do and that will still rub off over time.
>>
>>9464640
spray paint and some primer. use painters tape to protect the parts of the shoe you dont want paint on.
>>
>>9464640
Did this for Prompto from ffxv used spray plastidip. Was tacky forever. Seemed to hold up ok walking on carpet or hard floor but as soon as I hit pavement it started coming off.
>>
File: someoneplshelpmysoul.png (991KB, 1053x1053px) Image search: [Google]
someoneplshelpmysoul.png
991KB, 1053x1053px
>>9464366
Whoops, should've done that. There are two costumes that need it. Specifically I'm looking at the gold parts on the one on the left, and the gold on the back of the cape on the right. I'm not particularly trying to emulate the raised look of right costume or anything.
>>
>>9464366
>>9464885
*the raised look of the left costume
>>
>>9464640
if you want something that will last and you have the money, you can make a cast of the sole of a shoe out and use something like smooth-on silicone rubber with a red dye mixed in.
>>
>>9464885
for the gold part on the left, personally, i would just sew that on but thats mostly because i never had luck with iron on transfers. they stick but eventually peel/crack off.
plus, it definitely would look better if it was raised.

as for the costume on the right. you might be able to just get away with painting.

I havent been cosplaying for that long so take my advise with a grain of salt. but thats how I would tackle it if i were to do it.
>>
>>9464837
>>9464844
>>9464883
Thanks. Has anyone tried fabric or flower paint? I saw some people using them on google, but I'm thinking that would work on canvas type shoes rather than the plastic sole.

>>9464922
I don't have enough time to that this time, but what would you glue it on with? Contact adhesive?
>>
>>9464956
>but what would you glue it on with? Contact adhesive?

yeah, contact cement. the stuff thats literally used for shoe making.
>>
>>9460059
One way mirrors do not work by being one-directional. They work by having the outside brighter than the inside. All you need is some thin translucent white material, and it'll work no matter what. I suggest acrylic.

>>9460271
Acrylic globes. That said, The giant headphones might be more of a challenge, so I'll help there. Slice a foam ball in two, but for the strip find a nice large strip of rubber or EVA and thin it, beveling it to the right shape with an X-acto knife.

>>9461574
>>9461554
Not even just that. Any decent sculptor can imagine shapes in many layers too. That's how you mold things in sintra, for example.

The real, utility based reason is that one, large foam blocks stick to one another better and risk splitting less, and two, Expanding foam expands in ALL directions. Meaning that it pushes on the backing too, bending your shape. Putting foam on both sides equalizes the force.

Also, don't use a box cutter to slice foam. Here's my advice - get a big steak knife. The serration is perfect for any foam.
>>
File: 1491549070840.jpg (43KB, 583x583px) Image search: [Google]
1491549070840.jpg
43KB, 583x583px
At the worst time possible, the seller of some patches I needed just went on vacation. Does anyone have some good tutorials for patches? Preferably the simplest/easiest, would rather it's not iron-on or fusible.
>>
I cannot for the life of me get eyeliner on my upper lid. I've done it half-decently exactly one time. I just don't get it at all. When I close my eye to apply it, I don't have any depth perception, so I end up drawing on the lid earlier than I expect. And on top of that the line is always shaky (although I suppose that's just working on having a steady hand). I've watched a few videos but everyone just closes their eye and goes to town. Should I try the tape technique? But that seems pretty inconvenient in the long term.
>>
File: nii.png (173KB, 606x600px) Image search: [Google]
nii.png
173KB, 606x600px
Thinking of cosplaying Niiue next year but obviously I'd need a prosthetic to hide my nose. Are there any nose prosthetics that can be painted grey? Most of the ones I've seen are skin toned and don't seem like they'd be that easy to get gray.
>>
>>9465176
Not sure about nose prosthetics, but I painted ear prosthetics grey and they turned out just fine. The only tricky part is getting it to match the rest of your body paint.
>>
File: 9473171242_d12427e786_b[1].jpg (275KB, 1024x668px) Image search: [Google]
9473171242_d12427e786_b[1].jpg
275KB, 1024x668px
>>9465176
any latex prosthetic can be painted. how do you think cinema makeup is done?
-pic related- this is obviously not human skin toned.
>>
help im stuck on the toilet and my train leaves soon
>>
File: teeth-whitening.jpg (83KB, 980x400px) Image search: [Google]
teeth-whitening.jpg
83KB, 980x400px
What are some of your preferred methods for whitening your teeth? My next con is in about a month and I really need to get on that. I hear that using the activated charcoal method tends to work pretty well? I've only ever used teeth whitening strips in addition to my regular teeth whitening toothpaste, but it's been a long time since I've used strips and they can get pretty expensive. Any thoughts?
>>
>>9465170
You've heard this before, but practice. Easily the first twenty times I applied eye makeup, it was shit -- shaky, uneven lines that weren't symmetrical and looked like they'd been drawn on with crayons. I go slow and lean in really close to the mirror, which kind of helps with the depth perception stuff. You can also balance your elbow on the mirror/wall for steadiness and, if you really need it, rest the heel of your hand on your cheek (though this has the potential of messing up your foundation/facepaint.

Are you trying to put down all your eyeliner in one continuous stroke? I used to do that -- then found that doing smaller, shorter strokes was easier to control for shape. Think of it as "brushing" it on in tiny flicks instead of doing one dramatic swoosh.
>>
File: Billy_Hatcher_Render.png (2MB, 1214x2373px) Image search: [Google]
Billy_Hatcher_Render.png
2MB, 1214x2373px
So me and the gf are gonna cosplay/halloween dress-up as Billy Hatcher and Rolly Roll.

I've never made footwear before, how would I go about making the boots? I've looked around value village for used boots that I could possibly re-purpose/cover, but found nothing that satisfies me so I'm just going to do it from scratch.

I figure I can use suede leather for the brown ankle part, but what would I use to make the blue upper part? Some sort of blue vinyl? The other thing is how on earth do you shape the boot to have that nice bulbous toe?
>>
>>9465249
Get off 4chan Polnareff
>>
I'm looking for a photo I wished I had saved. It was a posted in a cosplay thread as a nice cosplay a long while ago, though I'm not sure what cosplay it was of.
It was a girl wearing a type of nordic style traditional dress that had a lot of detail on it, and she also wore colored stripped socks that matched with the dress. She was also standing outside for the photo.

If anyone has this photo would love it if you could post it. Or could help me out on what she might have been cosplaying.
>>
File: takarada.png (373KB, 688x800px) Image search: [Google]
takarada.png
373KB, 688x800px
how would I go about finding Takarada's coat? I've tried looking up every variation of "black and white striped long coat" I can think of and nothing comes close. I tried digging out my old Beetlejuice halloween costume and altering the jacket from that but none of the shops around here have the same kind of fabric in that pattern. It's annoying me because it seems like a coat like this isn't too far out there of a concept, so I feel like I must just be missing something really obvious.
>>
>>9465367
For shoes that big, have you tried looking for clown shoes instead of normie footwear?
>>
>>9465367
For the shoes you could look at some Sora (Kingdom Hearts) tutorials, I know I've read some where people shaped foam around the actual shoe underneath and then made a boot cover over the top.
>>
>>9465545
Honestly that's a pretty standard trench coat cut, it would be pretty easy to get a striped fabric and pattern and just sew it. That's the best way to make sure your pants match the coat too.
>>
>>9465597
I was hoping to try and just find a trench coat with that pattern because I don't know the first thing about sewing, but I guess now's as good a time to learn as any.
>>
>>9465367

>>9465583
>shaped foam around the actual shoe underneath and then made a boot cover over the top.

honestly, I think this would be the best method to create a shoe like that
>>
>>9465600
It's really not hard.

Here's the question you should ask yourself:
Do you want to do the costume, or do the costume right? If you want to do it right, learning to sew is really the only way. Start with simple patterns (skirts, t-shirts, bags etc) and work your way up. See if you can get involved in local classes and whatnot so you have real-world teachers.
>>
>>9464949
Thanks. I'm at least glad to know that I'm not completely crazy for considering those options.
>>
What's the best option for achieving a noseless look? I was looking around for premade latex prosthetics, but all of the ones I found were designed to be used in a Voldemort costume and had a lot of unnecessary details that would look weird for the character. Is it possible to edit an existing prosthetic and make it smoother, or should I just try making my own?
>>
I need a 5' x 9' cut of thin wool cloth. Am I getting ripped off for 40 dollars?
>>
>>9465943
if youre just doing some noseless look, just make your own. all you need is liquid latex and then spirit gum to attach it to your face.
just look up liquid latex tutorials on youtube.

of course youre gonna need to paint it as well. special FX makeup kits arent too expensive.
>>
>>9466015
Thanks. I've already looked up some stuff related to making your own prosthetics, and painting shouldn't be a problem because I need to use face paint for this cosplay anyways.
>>
File: elisabeth-moss-offred.jpg (1MB, 1800x2700px) Image search: [Google]
elisabeth-moss-offred.jpg
1MB, 1800x2700px
Is the waistband on the handmaid dresses part of the dress...
>>
File: GEO-Doll-Eye-Contacts.jpg (57KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
GEO-Doll-Eye-Contacts.jpg
57KB, 340x340px
I need good sites for colored contacts. I'm not a contact wearer normally so something for beginners would be nice please
>>
>>9466055
... or is it a detachable cincher/obi/belt?
>>
>>9465976
(tip: fabric stores usually sell fabric by yard, so cosplayers tend to think in terms of yardage)
>3-yard cut of 60" fabric
>~$13/yd
Depends on where you're buying it from and the quality of the fabric itself. $13/yd for wool is average for JoAnn, but probably less likely for fashion districts or fabric wholesalers. Is it pure wool or does it have a high wool content (ie percent of wool versus cotton, rayon, polyester)? Does it have a special colour or texture that you can't find anywhere else? If it's a higher quality or a more specific type of wool fabric that's hard to find, then $13 is a steal.
>>
any foamsmiths out there?
im making some gauntlets and some armored looking boots out of EVA foam. I was wondering if theres anything i can coat EVA foam to make it more rugged.
I know some cosplayers wrap worbla around eva foam to give it more strength but buying sheets of worbla is a bit out of my price range at the moment.

at first i was thinking maybe bondo but since EVA foam is flexible, that might cause some severe cracking.
or maybe fiberglass might work? not sure how well fiberglass goes with eva foam though.
>>
>>9466057
Contact is a contact, there really isn't a beginners mode unless you jump to sclera lenses. You either prep the contact properly and get it into your eye or do a poor job and burn your eye.
>>
>>9466057
Try Honeycolor and Pinky Paradise

So, I'm new to making big dresses (only made simple skirts before) and I want to challenge myself and make a big princess dress. I already made a cage skirt that i'm pretty satisfied with but I was wondering what kind of skirt I should make for the dress itself.
Do I make a circle skirt? Or just a simple gathered rectangle? Are there other options?
The dress is very simple and I want it to look as smooth as possible
>>
File: winksmile.gif (266KB, 240x127px) Image search: [Google]
winksmile.gif
266KB, 240x127px
I wanted to figure out a way to cover the base of my ponytail wig where the hair ties are just because they're clear and don't really look very nice. I thought that maybe there would be a way to take some of the long fibers I cut off from the wig earlier to make a wrap/cover but I'm not sure how to go about it. Any ideas?
>>
>>9466308
Wrong photo I think.
>>
Anyone have any kind of advice or links to help someone with no hands on crafting experience get into cosplay?
>>
>>9466324
Honestly just start doing something. You don't get into a hobby by wondering how to get into it or worrying about your abilities. Pick a project and figure out what you need to do as you go along.

Consensus usually advises to start practicing on making smaller, easier to tackle things. Which is an excellent start point, but I know personally, I could never be bothered "practicing" doing meaningless projects.

If you're anything like me, just pick a project you actually want to do or have had in mind. Don't worry about complexity or if people tell you it's too hard, if its too complex break it down into smaller pieces. Otherwise simplify it to something you can do. Parsing it down means you can look up specific guides and resources on what to do. Heck if it really ends up being too hard, take a step back and try something else.

I find that the trial and error process as a beginner serves as great practice. If you fuck something up, redo it. If you don't like how something turned out, redo it. The point is to experiment and see what works.
>>
>>9460059
Any semi-transparent fabric will do, such as the same fabric as the black you mentioned. Like the other anon said, people can't see in if there's no light source in the costume. I can say this from experience (albeit with light pink fabric rather than white, but it shouldn't make a difference).
>>
>>9466101
instead of adding you should remove foam, a powerful dremel can cut in some serious holes and carves

>>9466324
I started with pepakura! patterns are one of the hardest things to do right with cosplay, so starting out with pre-existing is the best imo
>>
>>9464403
Not even if you paid me.
>>9464093
^Anyone with any legitimate suggestions? Like I said you can name whatever comes to mind that'd be easy to put together for a newbie and i'll do my own research/check out whatever I don't recognize.
>>
>>9464795
sounds heavy as shit mane
>>
>>9466324
Simple outfit, something that's pretty well known so there are resources on it. There are some outfits that you can buy in parts online just by eyeballing the set up. Ringwraith from LOTR would be a good example off the top of my head.

Just pick an outfit that is minimal crafting or super popular. Don't try and use expensive materials or clothing either because you gonna fuck up. Ask around too, you'd be suprised how many of your friends mothers know how to sew shit for you until you learn how to.
>>
>>9466324
Pick something simple. Don't start with armor or intricate costumes, pick something easy that you can find a commercial pattern that's very similar to.

Hell, start with commercial patterns for normal clothes. Sew a t-shirt, sew a pair of pants. SEW.

Watch lots of youtube tutorials. Understand that it'll be a lot more expensive than you think it will be (props especially if you get into casting or things like that, silicon and resin ain't cheap!)

Accept that it won't look perfect at first, but still be proud! Be proud that you made something with your own hands. Anyone who is shirty with you because your costume isn't perfect is a dickwaffle not worth your time, everyone started poorly and honed their costumes over years.

Literally... just start and keep going. I'm over 10 years into it and there's still stuff I've never done or suck at. Styling wigs? Fuck off, mate, I'm GARBAGE at that. Props are still my mortal enemy, but I'm decent enough at sewing and while I notice the imperfections on my costumes, I'm still proud to wear them.
>>
File: 1494104615538.png (263KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1494104615538.png
263KB, 420x420px
>>9458340
How do i cover my stretch marks/scars for a cosplay?
>>
>>9466412
>instead of adding you should remove foam, a powerful dremel can cut in some serious holes and carves

huh? did you quote the wrong person by mistake?
>>
>>9458730
not sure if your eyebrows are too dark for this, but i use this method a lot!
>>
>>9466796
accidentally posted before i added my last bit- instead of coloring over your whole brow with the desired brow color, you could alter the shape a bit by not filling in your whole brow and leaving part of it in step 2. again, not sure if itll completely work but its worth a shot!
>>
>>9466796
Also it helps to have well groomed eyebrows ahead of time. It's rare that a character with candy-colored hair has huge eyebrows and it looks super weird when people have huge colorful eyebrows when the character is drawn with a line for an eyebrow.
>>
File: Kei-Yuki-Moyashimon.jpg (79KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Kei-Yuki-Moyashimon.jpg
79KB, 1280x720px
>>9458340
Does anyone know of a wig that resembles this? Also is cutting and trimming the hair of a wig a good idea for something like this? I'm sure I could practice on cheaper wigs.
>>
>>9466844
you generally have to cut and trim a wig so....
>>
>>9466877
See, this is the exact reason why I'm in this thread to begin with.
>>
>>9466844
every wig that has some kind of bangs have very long bangs so people can cut them to the right size, rather than buying too short. You can bring them to any hairdresser who will cut it in the right shape for you properly.
>>
>>9466756
No? i was talking about the foam to make it look more rugged. I guess you meant rugged in a way to make it more strong? I understood it to make it more rough and less smooth.
In that case i would just stack a couple more layers of foam, or use thicker foam. I also tend to layer tons of different primers on my foam, starting with woodglue, gesso/woodglue mix and primer spray. Makes it pretty solid actually.
>>
>>9466888
>>9466877
Okay, this I did not know at all. Thank you so much Anons. I'm also going to assume I should find one who is willing to do wigs and then bring a photo of some kind for referencing?
>>
Can anyone share a tutorial or two about making giant swords? I was sure I had a bunch, but seem to have lost them.

Thank you!
>>
Can I bring a microwave to my hotel room? What about a mini fridge?
>>
>>9466974
As long as you don't get caught I don't see why you couldn't.
>>
>>9466896
Yeah that would be a way to go about it, definitely bring a reference image
>>
>>9466888
>You can bring them to any hairdresser who will cut it in the right shape for you properly.
I've never had luck with this, most hairdressers I've asked about it just don't want to do it.
>>
>>9466974
Do not do this. Hotel outlets are generally not set up to handle the kind of output a microwave needs. You plug that in while someone is drying their hair, or running an iron, and you might blow a fuse on the whole floor.

And most hotel rooms have a mini fridge, and if they don't come standard, you can request one.
>>
File: Marie_Caster_4.png (407KB, 512x724px) Image search: [Google]
Marie_Caster_4.png
407KB, 512x724px
Does anyone have any tips on styling a wig like this? I'm not sure if I want to do a center part and then clip on twintails or to just go with a wig that long in the front/short in the back with clips since I will have a big floppy hat. I was looking to add onto my current order from arda, too. Thank you!
>>
can i go to the womens room if im doing crossplay
>>
Anyone have tips for a first-time worbla user? Attempting pic shown. I tried to make her finger armor from EVA but I can't get it to make the shape I need plus my proportions are much smaller so the sizing is difficult. Was going to try and do straight worbla for the finger armor but I'm also having a hard time getting the sharp edges I want.

Am I being too picky or is there an easy way to jump into this?
>>
>>9467074
Do you identify as a woman? If not, then no. Go to the washroom that your gender identity conforms to, regardless of the clothing you're wearing. Or just use gender neutral bathrooms.
>>
>>9467074

Yes, and be sure to bring your camera. Condoms optional. Remember, just say you identify as a woman and no one can say shit.
>>
File: 1459901018269.jpg (270KB, 720x643px) Image search: [Google]
1459901018269.jpg
270KB, 720x643px
>>9466906
here's one!
>>
File: Kurapika-2011.png (43KB, 209x560px) Image search: [Google]
Kurapika-2011.png
43KB, 209x560px
Any ideas on what fabric I should use for Kurapika? Honestly any combination of fabric that I can think of will look stupid because the design is just so simplistic. Was thinking a cotton for the blue, poly-cotton for the white, and low shine satin for the red but I'm afraid it will just come out looking like a tabard and sweatpants.
>>9467105
Why not just use EVA foam? The slight flexibility EVA has might help you handle things better too.
>>
>>9467216
Find something with a nice woven texture
>>
>>9467275
>>9467216
Linen or linen-look.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170222-190111.png (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170222-190111.png
2MB, 2560x1440px
>>9467216
My problem is the EVA is hard to handle, especially on the fingers. The pieces I need are smaller than I can safely handle while dremeling, unless there's a way to anchor the pieces to something while I shape them? With the worbla I at least have control over holding them but I don't like it.
(Pic related, I have baby hands so my pieces are only a couple centimeters across/long.)
>>
>>9467380
Worbla works best when it has something to back it. You're likely going to need some foam anyway. There are thinner sheets of eva foam and craft foam that will work for this.
>>
>>9466308
>>9466319
Sorry forgot to mention pic's unrelated
>>
>>9458340
>OP) #
what are the best ( and cheapest ) products to style wigs ?
>>
>>9467492
Ordinary hairspray, craft glue, hairdryer, boiling water (if your wig is heat resistant), razor combs.

Straighteners and curlers are very helpful if your wig is heat resistant, but they can be expensive.
>>
I'm making female armor out of Eva foam. How do I make it fit the curves on my body???
>>
>>9467627
whats your reference?

essentially youre gonna need a pattern of the armor pieces and then bend/form the foam with a heat gun.
>>
>>9467627
Think about how a beach ball is made. It is a bunch of almond shapes. To make a curved piece of armor, think of almonds. Test your patterns in paper. You can help EVA foam curve a little more by heating it up with a heat gun, and stretching it over a ball.
>>
>>9459070
I like your taste in manga anon
>>
>>9465170
I've never closed my eyes to apply eyeliner. I like to get up and personal with my mirror and tilt my head back and look down so I can see what I'm doing clearly. Maybe try that?
>>
>>9467380
Try foam PVC, aka Syntra or trovicel.
I made an Edward Elric metal arm purely out of this material. It's rigid enough to keep its shape after cooling down, but can be cut with a few passes of a razor knife, and glued with superglue (or PVC glue if you're feeling fancy).
>>
>>9458911
Try to start with basic and neutral things. Getting something high quality you can use with a lot of coords is much more useful than a star bag you might only use with that dress. An OP is easier to coord because you don't have to think about a blouse.
>>
>>9461704
There's no such thing as too matchy with lolita desu, especially when you're just starting.

>>9463056
Shoulder length hair is fine for lolita, and we generally just wear wigs for events anyway. There're a lot of male lolitas posted in the current visual kei thread, they normally use their real hair but visual kei makeup is extreme.

>>9463814
Everything is fine except the wig. And lolita's have a coord help thread, here are more cosplayers.

>>9466844
I hope you're not the same anon because those bangs are no good for lolita.
>>
I want to sharpie dye the light silver wig I got for this character to give it just a hint of blue. I've never sharpie dyed anything, but it seems pretty straightforward. However, I found a couple posts saying Arda wigs, which I'll be using, don't take sharpie dye well. Does anyone know if this is true? The posts are from 2013, has this changed?

>>9459070
I cannot help with your question, but ohhhhh goodness, where are you wearing this to? I'm working on Chilchack myself right now.
>>
File: 757081._SX540_.jpg (176KB, 939x554px) Image search: [Google]
757081._SX540_.jpg
176KB, 939x554px
So i want to cosplay Spider Jerusalem.

Now I have 2 questions:

1) Obtaining fucking glasses seems to be tough. I don't mind spending good money on them. But i dont want absurd. I found a woman on Etsy but i believe her store is on holiday and...well, thats it.
Does anyone else know of a place i can purchase them from?
Anyone have any way to make them? Or know of a round about guide to making glasses that a fairly well equipped builders tool shed could tackle?

2) Im going to not shave my head for the first day of the con and be mountain man Spider, then shave my head on the night of the first day and come day 2 with a shaved head.
Now what is the most reliable method for drawing on the body for tattoos? Ive got artist friends willing to draw on me.

Im lost without those damn glasses though, if someone can help me out, id be in great debt
>>
>>9468062
I love Spider, cosplay dream.
I thought a cheap way of making the glasses would be buying two different pairs and perhaps frankensteining them together.
>>
>>9468069
Guess ill look into buying shaped glasses and find some Youtube videos on how glass fits into wire frames and do it myself if i cant find a place to buy it in the next three days.

I need to shave my head later in the year for an acting role, so i thought i may as well make use of my long thick hair, and then make use of being bald and hairless.
>>
File: SAM_8658.jpg (529KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
SAM_8658.jpg
529KB, 1600x1200px
I'm not sure wether this belongs here, but I had a hard time finding it online. Could somebody please help me with the name of this OP?
If this reply doesn't belong here, please just ignore it. Thanks in advance!

P.S: Sorry if the picture isn't clear enough... This is the best I have for now. I plan on taking better ones! The dress has pictures of ribbons on the skirt part. It also says something along the lines of "Royal Unicorn etc..." and "Since 1997" (?)

A huge thanks in advance! <3
>>
>>9468086
Looks like Rosette Collection: https://lolibrary.org/items/ap-rosette-collection-op
>>
>>9468074
instead of trying to find the correct shaped glasses, why not just buy some clear acrylic and make them yourself?
>>
>>9468088
>https://lolibrary.org/items/ap-rosette-collection-op
Yes! It is! Thank you so much Anon
>>
>>9468086
Aaak! When buying the dress I recieved a BROWN sash, yet the original picture has a blue sash. Is this really bad? I could still combine it with other things... right?
>>
>>9468089

That'll also be the back up plan. Im pretty handy as it is and have a lot of tool access. Ive seen some methods to dying the clear acrylic like dye and acetone and dipping it quickly so it doesnt melt the acrylic and warp it.
Also saw that alcohol inks are a possible way to colour, would you know anything about this at all?
Honestly the part im most afraid of is the frame of the glasses. Ive no idea where to start on that and how id make the frame hold into place without it bending, let alone holding the "lenses" in place over my eyes
>>
My three sizes are 80/64/80, would I look ridiculous wearing a lolita salopette ?
>>
>>9468099
the few times where i had to dye acrylic, i used idye poly. yes, the fabric dye.

for the rest, like the other anon suggested, you can just frankenstein pieces together to get something similar to the picture.
the picture doesnt show it but you can probably use something like brass to line the lenses with.
>>
>>9468042
I wouldn't spray or dip dye just go in with a pale blue sharpie or Copic and just lightly color a few hairs here and there for more of a blended fiber look.
>>
>>9468094
Well the seller should have informed you it's not the original sash, it impacts the value.
>>
File: C_OHkyVUwAM25AE.jpg (178KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C_OHkyVUwAM25AE.jpg
178KB, 900x1200px
Just saw this on twitter.
Jesus fuck how can you make such beautiful golden accessories?!? It's so pretty fuck.
Source: https://twitter.com/hashtag/%E3%82%B5%E3%83%81%E5%B7%A5%E6%88%BF17?src=hash
>>
>>9468339
Definitely gold car vinyl wrap. It makes for a really shiny and perfect finish, but you can't weather it like gold paint
>>
File: download (29).jpg (3KB, 180x135px) Image search: [Google]
download (29).jpg
3KB, 180x135px
>>9467105
If you're struggling with eva foam, worbla isn't going to be any different.

The reason why you're struggling with the shape might be, because you're making it out of one size, instead of breaking it into a bunch of more tiny parts to fuse that initial part.

Otherwise, yeah, you're being a bit too picky.

>>9461631
Under Armor is the brand name, but you could get away with using a bodysuit desu.
>>
File: image.jpg (45KB, 736x377px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 736x377px
Does anyone here know anything about foam (prefer memory foam) that is detailed purely from dye, not painted over? Kinda like pic related, although I suspect that was painted? I'd also like to know if this is possible on a much smaller scale, and where/how something like this can be done/made?
>>
>>9468513
This looks like a photo transfer of some kind.
>>
File: gull.png (555KB, 1152x489px) Image search: [Google]
gull.png
555KB, 1152x489px
Trying to do Goku-Sotsu-Kun

I want to do him like the actual song but I'm at a loss on how. Should I make it similar to the picture on the right?

I know people usually just do the makeup option but I'm really dark skinned.
>>
Struggling how on to make a detachable weapon? I cannot find sturdy(?) pvc pipes, and the ones I found are too short. What's the pieces called so I can take them apart by twisting... am I making sense?
>>
Hey, what would you all say is the best method of shipping brand? It's my first time shipping out brand(a JSK), and I don't want to mess it up for the buyer.
>>
I'm pretty new to sewing, just finished a few costumes here and there and I'm taking on this.
Should I look up a short kimono pattern?
Or a simple base dress pattern and build upon it?
>>
>>9468778
I always fold it nicely, place it in a large ziplock, place the ziplock in a brand bag/ nice plastic bag, tape it up then send it in a bubble mailer.
I've been sent a couple dresses like that as well.
Some people use those flat boxes too. Just make sure the article has a waterproof barrier( ziplock, plastic bag, etc)
>>
>>9468778
No better way to ship than in a box. I reuse ones I get from my shopping service. Fold the JSK up nicely, wrap it up in plastic and bubble wrap for extra safety and send it out in a box large enough to fit it (as in, don't force it into a too small box). A bit more effort goes a long way.
>>
>>9468823
Kimono are too rectangley. I usually use a wrap dress pattern that has curves for boobs.
>>
>>9468878
Great, thanks I'll look into something like that
>>
>>9468776
>What's the pieces called so I can take them apart by twisting
threaded ends?
curious, what kind of weapon are you making where PVC isnt sturdy enough to hold, or long enough? because hardware stores sell PVC pipes up to 10ft. maybe even longer sometimes.
i mean, thats pretty fucking long. are you sure youre looking at the right places?
>>
>>9468776
Agreeing with >>9468960, I've never seen PVC being too short? Where are you looking? Also saying you can't find sturdy PVC is dubious to me. Could you maybe show me a picture of what you found?
>>
I agreed to go to animenext with my friends in a month. we're going for two days so I think it shouldn't be TOO hard to come up with two costumes. My friends are doing a fire emblem group thing so I'm gonna join them with that as Canas (http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Canas) and I need another costume. It shouldn't be too difficult because they wear a lot of robes and loose clothing, plus we're getting together to work on them as a group.

As for the second one I am not sure. I was thinking something like the Persona 5 Hero, or an easily recognizable non-human character like Jack Frost, which would probably have a simpler costume. If I where to do P5 cosplay, how does one avoid looking cheap when the costume is more or less a school uniform? Besides buying small things like the school emblems. I guess it comes down to just buying nice looking clothes.

I appreciate the help you guys. I'm mostly going to the con to drink a lot and maybe get laid, but I also know dressing up will make the experience much more fun.
>>
>>9468134
Alright, I'll give that a go. Thanks!
>>
>>9468339
looks like autobody vinyl wrap to me, its pretty common for Japanese cosplayers to use it
>>
File: 1494181466747.jpg (442KB, 1715x1410px) Image search: [Google]
1494181466747.jpg
442KB, 1715x1410px
posting this here too just in case anyone would have any tips- does anyone have any tips on making a realistic muscle suit/places to buy one that are between the thousand dollar ones and the cheap inflatable halloween muscles? im a girl looking to cosplay a pretty buff dude- ive found subtle ways to make myself a bit taller and makeup and all that, but the character has his arms exposed and as nice as being ripped would be, i was looking into muscle suits as a possible alternative. a lot of the ones ive found have just been super exaggerated superhero muscles or cheap halloween ones. ive found tutorials for making fake muscles, but none about how to make it look realistically skinlike/within the realm of human muscles. alternatively, if you don't think its possible or would be convincing enough, ill try to think of something else (or bite the bullet and just get jacked) thanks!
>>
>>9469110
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyoxjX9L2RQ
is a pretty good tutorial on a general construction for a muscle suit. then you can just tweak it a bit using muscle references.

> how to make it look realistically skinlike/within the realm of human muscles
kinda confused what you mean by this exactly.

are you talking about the muscle suit itself looking like realistic skin?
if so, thats really up to your painting abilities.

or do you mean creating a muscle suit thats anatomically correct?
>>
>>9468564
Ty
>>
>>9469019
> how does one avoid looking cheap
Look at regular business/professional-wear clothes. A uniform should fit you well in the shoulders, arms, and torso without extra fabric bunching up, sleeves too long, shoulders too wide, having gaps of inches and inches wide from your body, etc. Same for pants, they should be tailored to your physique and inseam without the butt seams trying to explode when you squat down or ankles showing when you're standing in neutral--
> I'm mostly going to the con to drink a lot and maybe get laid
Never mind, just buy the cheapest thing from Taobao. It won't matter after a few drinks anyways.
>>
>>9469179
I'm hurt you disregarded me because of that. Anyway, I think I'll do a Prinny cosplay as my day 2 outfit. He's a cute character and I can envision the outfit as a giant pullover sweatshirt with a beak on the hood + the other necessary details and such. It'll be good I think. I'll post back here when it comes time for assembly.
>>
Does anyone have any corsets/waist trainers they'd recommend to wear for a crossplay? Preferably on amazon or US based so it gets here before the con.
>>
>>9468776
I always use the ones in the sanitary section, there should be tons of different connecting pieces and pipes in sizes from like an inch to several inches.

>>9469110
You can buy a cheap muscle suit then brush sfx liquid latex (also in halloween stores) mixed with skin tinted acrylic paint on it, when it's dry it's easily toned with regular contouring make-up, and foundation because of the latex structure. Make sure your muscle suit is properly stretched and not folding in corners before putting the latex on.
>>
>>9461564
Polycotton maybe?

The sleeves seem like normal short sleeves, but the ends have triangles cut on them. I suppose they are sewn to the dress then you put them on like they are shoulder straps.
>>
File: IMG_8007.jpg (108KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8007.jpg
108KB, 500x333px
Gonna be doing a cosplay that involves a papier-mâché head.

The process in making it seems simple enough but I actually want to put some effort like smooth out the bumps and all that.

Any way I can smooth out the bumps off the head when it eventually dries up and also, I know two layers seems an effectively sturdy head, but I am considering sanding it so I don't know if 2 layers is enough, should I add in 3 more layers even though it'll take longer to dry up?

Also, should I cut a slit at the back of the head or am I better off making the neck hole big enough to fit my entire head?
>>
>>9469707
I think the best way to avoid bumps is to be extra careful when layering the pieces of paper. Try to avoid making any bumps at this stage

But I have no idea on how to smooth them out once they're here
>>
Update: I found a lady that runs a craft shop that makes the glasses. Picture is not spectacular but this is an older photo from facebook.
>>
File: glassessell.png (6KB, 169x153px) Image search: [Google]
glassessell.png
6KB, 169x153px
>>9469832
>>9468062

Also prices arent amazing, but at least its well made, and the feedback on them has only been good
>>
File: 40088008917.jpg (49KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
40088008917.jpg
49KB, 800x800px
Very new to cosplay. I'm looking to make the Persona 5 school crest to add to a plain black jacket. What are generally the best options that aren't a custom embroidered patch (which I can't get done in my town)? A simple sticker seems like it'd just peel off, I don't know about plastic cutting, paper is just flimsy, etc.
>>
>>9469707
Use paper clay to smooth out the underlying structure.
>>
>>9469825
Like the other post, it'll be a lot better to use shorter strips and avoid bumps. I suggested paper clay, but even then I'm seeing gaps that are going to be noticeable. I would say start over and be more careful then add paper clay on top. If you try it as is, high likelihood of just wasting paper clay because it'll be uneven.
>>
>>9469868
You can easily buy a custom embroidered patch online. Check etsy, there are good cosplayers who sell there.
>>
>>9469837
honestly, if i were you, id just make them myself. $90 is pretty steep for just glasses, even if they do look nice.
those dont look like they should be hard to make anyways. acrylic sheets are super cheap at hobby stores and you can just find some cheap glasses frame and modify it a bit.

i guess it really depends on your skill and how lazy you are. if so, just spend the $90
>>
>>9469868
QuidVis on Etsy has made me some good custom patches in the past. I recommend them. P5 is big enough that I bet others have already made the patch and have it in their etsy/storenvy/tictail store.
>>
>>9469912
Like 6 inches or even shorter?
>>
Any good ways of slightly changing the colour of an outfit without completely dying it?
I.E. giving a green jacket a more yellowy colour to be more puke-green-ish, or something along those lines.
>>
File: Kazuichisouda.png (1MB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
Kazuichisouda.png
1MB, 900x900px
>>9470188
For reference, this is the colour I want to achieve, but most flight suits/coveralls are a lot darker/greener green.
>>
>>9470188
It would have to be a really light green and you'd have ot get a very serious, hardcore type of dye from Dharma trading Co. Also the fibers couldn't be a blend of cotton or poly it would have to be purely natural or synthetic fibers.
>>
File: Concept_Art_Sonia_Nevermind.png (1MB, 3056x2180px) Image search: [Google]
Concept_Art_Sonia_Nevermind.png
1MB, 3056x2180px
How do I get my stockings to stay up? I'm doing pic related again for a con, and last time it was a nightmare trying to keep the stockings up with sock tape. I've resorted to garters but obviously that looks bad. What would you suggest?
>>
>>9470249
Eyelashes glue? I heard it's pretty effective
>>
>>9470249
https://www.sockdreams.com/it-stays-roll-on-body-adhesive.html
>>
>>9470249
Honestly the only real guanretee is to sew them to some spanx with a zig zag or triple straight stitch,
>>
>>9468960
My weapon is a big scythe, not that I haven't found a pvc that's not long enough, but compared to the short one I have, they feel more like tubes as opposed to sturdy pipes ...?
I was gonnamake a two piece, the handle and the scythe's head detached from each other..
>>
>>9470552
are you sure what you have is a pvc pipe and not an acrylic tube?
>>
>>9470249
Sock glue. I get mine from Japan and they're 300-500 yen a tube, lasts me 2 years. Do NOT use eyelash glue like >>9470262,
the applicator isn't meant for that sort of surface area and it is not meant for flexible fabric to body, it'll damage your fabric as well and be a hazard to your eyes if you reuse the same tube on your face.
>>
>>9470249
I wear tights under mine which prevent them from sagging to the ground. I've tried sock glue and I just hated the sticky residue feeling on my legs after.
>>
>>9470249
I have way more problems with socks rolling down with sock glue than with sock tape. If you're really having a lot of problems with the tape then you'll probably just need to sew your socks onto a pair of tights and hope for the best.
>>
>>9470188
>>9470229
I've actually dyed a white pair of coveralls for a Souda cosplay before, and my advice is just buy fabric that's already the right color and sew the coveralls yourself.
White coveralls are generally synthetic fabric, which has to be boil washed. Boil washing works well with smaller garments, but coveralls are a LOT of fabric and it's not really feasible to dye them unless you have a cauldron-sized pot to boil them in.
Also, it's not possible to lighten something with dye; you'd have to use bleach. I've never tried it because it sounds like a pain.
>>
File: LightNovel_Aqua.png (364KB, 500x531px) Image search: [Google]
LightNovel_Aqua.png
364KB, 500x531px
So I'm using a blue Christmas ornament for Aqua's blue hair orb, my question is how do I make it stay securely on my wig / head. Maybe the Christmas ornament is a bad idea?
>>
>>9470737
Are you using a glass ornament? A glass one might look good, but I'd be worried about it breaking and shattering glass everywhere.

You could get one of these plastic fillable ones and paint it blue, and drill little holes in so you can securely attach it to your wig using wire.
>>
File: IMG_1693.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1693.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
>>9470569
I'm 100% sure it's pvc. Here's a picture.
>>
File: IMG_1694.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1694.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>9470777
Sorry for bad pictures and everything
>>
>>9469946

Its actually my location thats the problem. Im handy enough and have the tools, but im stuck in the middle of nowhere. Closest store i can google for the sheets is over an hour away, and then i have to locate other parts to use for the glasses. Its gonna cost money for the fuel to ger there and back, plus the material costs, then factoring in the time itll take for me to do this i feel like spending the $90 based on that.
I know im just complaining, but i work physical labour most days of the week, and an hour long drive to get a few little things just kills me and my time
>>
>>9470552
Google "internal pvc coupling" as a way to stick multiple pieces together. You usually have to special order them. Lowes and Home Depot don't carry them
>>
Just looking for some opinions, does this seem like a good match for this figure? And should I worry about how accurate the shoes are?
>>
>>9469707
Regarding the papier-mâché head, what do you call those things that hold your head in place inside the papier-mâché head?
>>
File: CmUSRGoUcAA2ugi.jpg (36KB, 500x359px) Image search: [Google]
CmUSRGoUcAA2ugi.jpg
36KB, 500x359px
I am looking for the Persona 5 protagonists casual bag any help will be appreciated
>>
>>9470953
Your cosplay is literally 4 items of store-bought clothing, you definitely need to make sure each item is accurate.
>>
>>9466058

I think it's detachable. You see Offred take it off sometimes.
>>
>gonna cosplay as gai from nurutu az my 2nd day cosplay

what kind of leggings does he use?

it has to be somewhat form fitting but thick enough that you dont get ass or dickmarks or underwearlines

like a stretch slim fit jeans but in tights form.
>>
>>9471581
It's like a slimfit sweatpant or a green jumpsuit.
>>
>>9471584

thanks

gonna be awkward finding both a turtlemeck and slim fit sweatpants with the same color tone.

seriously, fuckin green..
>>
>>9470777
>>9470782
What kind of scythe are you making, pics? I made maka's scythe from soul eater out of pvc and wood and it looked good and was sturdy
>>
>>9471595
Good luck Anon that is gonna be ridiculous. You could just find a white turtle neck and white slim fit sweatpants and then dye them green if you feel comfortable doing that.
>>
>>9471452
I'm wearing it to a cosplay pool party, not a private photo shoot. Does it matter if I wear cheap yellow sandals as opposed to cloth ones that'll run me an extra ten or fifteen bucks?
And I meant if the hoodie is correct in color, I'll be adding details on it to make it more accurate.
>>
>>9471835
No. No one cares this much. No one cares about shoes in cosplay this much unless it's a contest, a very important part of the characters like the ruby slippers I guess or if it's grossly inappropriate like grubby ass street sneakers with a ballgown.
>>
File: Megumin-anime.png (114KB, 206x559px) Image search: [Google]
Megumin-anime.png
114KB, 206x559px
So I'm still kinda new to cosplaying and I have a simple question.

What material should I use for the wrap Megumin has around her right leg? I made like a really long, thin white fabric to wrap around my leg but I just KNOW over hears of walking in it it'll become baggy and/or fall off. Should I use an actual sticky bandage or that gauze that sticks to itself? Or what can I use to make it so that the fabric won't eventually flop around?
>>
>>9472089
Fashion tape
>>
>>9472089
>hears
*hours

Also I was debating getting a white thigh-high stocking and just draw lines on it. Would that just be ghetto as hell or could I get away with it?
>>
File: Bustup_03_17.png (123KB, 960x560px) Image search: [Google]
Bustup_03_17.png
123KB, 960x560px
What bandage should I use for the arm and how exactly would I wrap my fingers and forearm?
>>
>>9472095
Fashion tape? Do they make it that big? I've never actually worked with it before, sorry. Where can I get fashion tape like that?
>>
>>9472101
>wrap fingers first with smaller bandage
>wrap hand then arms with larger bandage
dude go to a drugstore
>>
>>9472105
Nevermind I'm a fucking moron. I was thinking the bandage = fashion tape, but you're saying to use fashion tape to make it stick. Ok....haha. Ok thanks. But stick with the fabric one right?
>>
>>9472114
not that anon that suggested fashion tape but i would have suggested it as well.
you use the fashion tape to secure the bandage onto yourself so when you walk around and shit, it doesnt unravel and fall off.
>>
I checked the sticky and i don't think i saw anything about it, but is there a cheap way to diy a manequin or dummy so that i can heat form armour without the guess work?
>>
My obese friend wants to get into steampunk. How can I help him? Good resources?
>>
>>9472163
Plenty of tutorials if you just google "DIY dress form"
>>
>>9472132
K thanks. How long does fashion tape usually last? And is "lingerie tape" the same thing?
I'll be at AX with this shit in the heat - would the heat also be factor? Or sweat? I'll bring some extra tape around with me of course.
>>
>>9472089
You could use thin white fabric to make a fake bandage and either use sock glue or attach them to skin colored tights and make fake thigh highs.
>>
>>9472089
My friend did this. She just picked up an actual white bandage and we wrapped it tightly enough around and sock glued the edges down. Didn't have any trouble for the 6-7 hours we were out. The bandage wrap is made to stick to skin.
>>
Does anyone have any good tutorials for making realistic silk flowers?
>>
Is there any sort of jfashion that has a focus on wearing sleepwear out in public?? I don't know what it would be called but I know I've seen street snaps of people wearing PJs and blankets and slippers and I found a perfect pj gown to wear in a coord for that sorta thing
>>
>>9472329
Cult party kei?
>>
>>9472318
I did buy some white bandages but they're too see-through for the kind of wrap Megumin has. It's not like I'm tan or anything; it's just that Megumin's seems to completely cover her skin/skin color. I also have like a bandage tape..? But it's not as wide and kind of off-white.
>>
>>9472318
You're supposed to close them off with bandage clips which sounds a lot more reliable than that. Pretty sure most packs in drugstores come with a couple.
>>
>>9458340
Spoon feed time...
So I know the difference between good and bad lace. Ive felt the difference in my hands. I'm just hesitant to order a bunch of it, have it turn out mediocre, use it in an accessory and find out its worse than I thought. I hate to waste things. I bought a coupon discount of a remnant of a couple yards of black cotton/poly blend at JoAnns. I know that's place is usually rough but it seems nice enough, fairly soft. I'm just wondering where i can get the next tier. I love Venice lace, but my favorite is eyelet and similar to that type. Google has given lots of options but I wanted a few more recs
>>
>>9458911
Get celestial if your body frame suits it well. What are your measurements? If you have any bust or are tall it's gonna be tricky.
As for the bag I would do something a little more elegant like a toned down crown bag or a normal shaped one
>>
>>9462802
FYI there are some ways to fit them.
Acuvue monthlies are decent but pretty expensive, and they're USA made (I think)
GEO brand Korean lenses are FDA approved, so if you find the right optometrist they might let you order a pair, have the doctor put them on you, and then write up a prescription. GEO is perfectly safe.
>>
>>9471835
Might as well just get the school swimsuit and the eyepatch then for the most fetish factor. It's not really an honest cosplay anymore.
>>
File: gZQkPbv.jpg (86KB, 650x951px) Image search: [Google]
gZQkPbv.jpg
86KB, 650x951px
What do I create her mask out of? A realistic mask would be some sort of factory molded plastic but I don't know how to achieve that sort of look.
>>
>>9472852
I would carve it out of upholstery foam pieces and then stretch spandex/lycra over it and put them together
If you want a hard plastic mask you can choose worbla or thibra (thibra has the smooth plastic look you want, but it needs a very smooth surface or gentle heating to keep the smooth shape)
>>
>>9472852
If you want the authentic look get a Precure matsuri mask off yahoo. jp auctions of any pink precure girl. There have been so many Precure that one has to be close enough
>>
>>9472245
My friend tried that and said the duct tape messes up your pins after awhile. The sticky residue gets all over them.
>>
>>9472390
Not sure of an answer, but I would go over to the handmade thread. They're a lot better with lace.
>>
>>9469364
Pls respond
>>
>>9473172
Head over to the crossplay thread, anon, and be specific if you're looking for ftm or mtf stuff.
>>9385470
>>
>>9473094
use masking tape instead of duc tape, cheaper too and you can draw patterns and cutting lines on it
>>
File: 326893-112734-cammy.jpg (62KB, 400x587px) Image search: [Google]
326893-112734-cammy.jpg
62KB, 400x587px
What kind of underwear should I wear for something super high cut like pic related? I'm not cosing Cammy but something with a similar leotard shape. I'll be wearing clear dance tights underneath as well- I figured thong strings won't stretch high enough and hold in place under the suit, so i'm not really sure what to do. (and i don't really want to go commando, either.)
>>
File: skin-tone-dance-thong-exp.jpg (17KB, 450x383px) Image search: [Google]
skin-tone-dance-thong-exp.jpg
17KB, 450x383px
>>9473309
while this isnt quite as high as those 80's leotard styles, look up ballet or gymnastics underwear. or if you really cant find something to fit, just use stick on underwear.
>>
>>9473058
I was originally just going to buy one, but I need it in time for Fanime.

>>9473056
I'll give that a shot. Upholstery foam though? Everything I'm finding for it would be too thick. I'm guessing craft foam would be too weak/flimsy? I'll give the thermoplastics a shot I guess.
>>
File: 1494401345998.png (100KB, 351x391px) Image search: [Google]
1494401345998.png
100KB, 351x391px
Trying to make a head mask out of pic related.

The big question is Papier-mâché, styrofoam or smoothfoam?

Also, need help on how to convincingly do the hair.
>>
File: rowleyreferences.png (593KB, 1002x395px) Image search: [Google]
rowleyreferences.png
593KB, 1002x395px
>>9473511
More references
>>
I haven't lurked a lot yet but does anyone have any tutorials that are good for making antlers? Pic related.
>>
>>9473575
Well fuck I mean TREE BRANCHES.
>>
ive only been in cons that are sat+sun.

Now im going in a fri-sat-sun con (though only 2 days probably).

I noticed that the friday tickets are the least sold (3day ticket 71%. friday only 22%, sat only 63%, sun only 33%).

Are fridays really good for anime conventions that are large? I kinda feel sundays are dead days because no nightlife and monday comes up.

But perhaps friday is too early? though I'm sure people already took their day offs for that.

dont really want to enter a relatively empty con (though it is an entire football stadium that's rented so its good for 10k+)
>>
>>9473475
Hmm them maybe pick up some blank plastic masks from Joann and cut some up to make the pigtails and stuff then paint. You might need to use heat gun for a little reshaping.
>>
File: IMG_7947.jpg (149KB, 2001x813px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7947.jpg
149KB, 2001x813px
>>9473519
>dat Rowley
Oh dear, Wimpy Kid characters look horrnedous in three dimensions

You're better off going the live action cosplay route.
>>
Do you need an SS to buy things from rakuten?? What's the general guidelines for buying things from there?
>>
>>9473918
Meant to add specifically from the Japanese site, sorry!
>>
>>9472089
Yeah, I'm agreeing with the other anon, I think the most foolproof and hassle-free method is to either attach the bandage material to tights, or my first thought was to sew or glue the bandage around a white thigh high sock. A little more hold and support, opaque, and you can use sock glue to hold it up if you need to.
>>
>>9473670
why dont you look at the programming schedule for your con?
every con is going to be different you know.
>>
File: H3VFMor.jpg (550KB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
H3VFMor.jpg
550KB, 1836x3264px
My fucking arm is too fat for the glove. How do I fix this? It's made from PVC so could I use the ice bag technique used for leather heels, or should I heat it up so it would loosen up?
>>
File: Livie_Collete (1).jpg (80KB, 692x800px) Image search: [Google]
Livie_Collete (1).jpg
80KB, 692x800px
>>9471773
I'm using Sintra though, and while I got a lot of help from different anons and I'm more than grateful for it, I just wish that I could make it a bit longer (and seperate the scythe and the handle.
I already started and almost finished the base of the scythe, so there's that.
>>
>>9474681
>How do I fix this?

make one that fits
>>
>>9471427
The game actually comes with the bag. If you want it on the cheap or own the game I can link you taobao or aliexpress links to school bags
>>
File: starlord.jpg (31KB, 409x800px) Image search: [Google]
starlord.jpg
31KB, 409x800px
Why is it so hard to find motorcycle pants for under $100?? Even the cheap-ass ones are like $60.
>>
File: 4477250831_cf35411824_z_1.jpg (34KB, 338x438px) Image search: [Google]
4477250831_cf35411824_z_1.jpg
34KB, 338x438px
Does anyone know any costume helmets I can buy for pic related?
It's for my brother's cosplay and we don't have enough time to make it
>>
File: Rolly_Roll.png (663KB, 404x600px) Image search: [Google]
Rolly_Roll.png
663KB, 404x600px
>>9465553
Definitely going to be modifying the proportions, I'm not a 4'0 child for starters.

>>9465583
>>9465643
Read a Sora Kingdom Hearts tutorial, the foam method definitely seems like a good method and would save me a lot of headaches. Is there a way to ensure my wrap doesn't get any airbubbles/wrinkles to ensure a clean look?

My next question is where are some places I can get cheapo shoes that I won't feel bad about repurposing for a costume? I know I mentioned checking out value village, but that was on the intention that I would basically rip the thing apart and make a new shoe. I'm not keen on getting some foot fungus.

As a sidenote, are there any good tutorials out there for making shoes from scratch? I think it'd be useful knowledge for the future if I decide to go down that road.
>>
File: 3M-471-White-Vinyl-Tape-1000px.jpg (37KB, 976x1000px) Image search: [Google]
3M-471-White-Vinyl-Tape-1000px.jpg
37KB, 976x1000px
I want to cut some tape in an intricate design but the problem is that it is in a roll of tape so cutting it would mean cutting the whole roll. Is baking/cookie sheet a good thing to transfer the tape on so that it won't lose the sticky strength?
>>
>>9476920
yeah just get wax paper.
>>
guy here needing to wear a wig for my next cosplay.
Never wore one before and I was wondering how important is it to wear a wig cap? I have fairly short hair. Should i just wear a wig cap anyways just for extra wig security?
>>
What is a good way to attach pieces of EVA foam to a shirt?
>>
Its safe buy from Anna House? how is the quality? I dont wanna look like a ita.
>>
File: ZeroLancer.png (1MB, 1800x1750px) Image search: [Google]
ZeroLancer.png
1MB, 1800x1750px
I have a sheet of veg tan leather and some brown leather dye for the hip thing. For hte black lines I was originally jsut going to cut out the pieces and layer it over black canvas. But now I'm thinking I could just stamp out the line areas for dimension and dye them black. I don't do a lot of leather working, does this sound feasible?
>>
>>9477239
yeah, it will keep any little bits from popping out, it will also make it easier to pin the wig onto your head
>>
>>9477457
Velcro, I´d say. You just sew one side to the shir and attach the other side to the armor parts. Here's a good explanation on how to do so:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_qxMULsR1c
Thread posts: 335
Thread images: 93

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.