[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you do when a follower is acting really creepy toward

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: best-soundtrack-panty-stocking.jpg (548KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
best-soundtrack-panty-stocking.jpg
548KB, 1600x900px
What do you do when a follower is acting really creepy toward you? I have a guy whose really obsessed with me through cosplay and let's play videos and I don't know how to deal with it. I get a letter to my po box for fan mail on occasion and Friday was the first time I got one that really scared me. The others were weird, but more or less harmless and kind of sweet, but this one set red flags. He said that he loved me more than anything and life wasn't worth living if I wasn't his, followed by a detailed description of his sexual fantasies about me. It was accompanied by a few dried rose petals and a little dolphin necklace. I think I know who it might be from, based on certain things he's said, handwriting, and other mannerisms he has. I'm so confused and don't even know where to start in dealing with this. Anyone else have any advice or have dealt with something like this?
>>
block that niggah

and its a PO box he can't find you unless he goes to said PO box to see who picks up the mail

that would be creepy af though
>>
>>9457450
Call out who it was.
>>
This is a situation that you need to take to your local police department, not /cgl/. Stalking is a crime. Don't be the dumbass who gets hurt because she wants to be ~nice~ and not report it.
>>
>>9457450
This is why I don't have a P.O. box.

They can be creepy all they want but as long as they're not touching you/sending you pubes in the mail who cares?
>>
>>9457464
this. get a restraining order
>>
I'll find you and I'll love you and you'll learn to love me.
>>
>>9457450
Kneesocks a best
>>
>>9457472
Ugh what if he rubbed his dick all over the letter and then sent it
>>
>>9457464
>>9457709
Right now she doesn't have nearly enough to go to the police. The sad thing about stalking is it has to really escalate before anything can be done about it.
>>
>>9457472
That's the worst mindset to have when you have a stalker. Even if he's relatively harmless, he's clearly unstable and too obsessed with anon. This should all be treated as a big red flag. Stalkers tend to escalate, almost none start out violent. Their danger level grows as their obsession grows. If you or a friend are ever in a situation like this, please don't brush it off just because he hasn't left a knife sticking in your door yet.
>>
There's this one cosplayer that I really like but I'm careful about what I say because I don't wanna creep her out. I haven't come even close to doing what this guy has done...Now I definitely know what not to do.
>>
>>9457758
>There was this one cosplayer that I really like, I followed her to the changing room and put my penis in her. It was nice.
>>
File: 1492772990535.png (179KB, 355x541px) Image search: [Google]
1492772990535.png
179KB, 355x541px
>>9457450
do you know this guy in person? and do you know anyone else who knows him? if you think you know who it is, you might want to ask friends about him.

i don't think it's unfair at all for you to feel distressed by this, but unfortunately i'm not sure that there's much to do from a legal perspective until he escalates. keep all the letters, even though you probably just want to get rid of them.
>>
>>9457450
Maybe send out a blanket statement to your followers that you have an assistant- family- that goes through and takes care of your mail, and to not send any vulgar mail-- that it would be thrown out immediately by the assistant?
>>
>>9457755
Seconding this. Don't brush it off and try to sum the experience up as "creepy but harmless." Stay on your toes and be ready to call the police if larger red flags pop up later.

If this were to happen to me, I'd make a direct, firm, and polite public post about it on my cosplay page. Something along the lines of:

"Hello, everyone! I'm so happy that people are making use of my PO box and reaching out to me via snail mail. It really is touching that so many of you are going out of your way to send me your letters. Really, thank you!! It makes my little heart jump for joy and squeeeeeeze up tight when I see your mail! It makes me so much more motivated to continue cosplaying and sharing it all with you! \\\(۶•̀ᴗ•́)۶////

"However, I am making this post today because I have recently gotten a some letters describing NSFW fantasies concerning myself and the sender. Please use discretion and keep social etiquette in mind when choosing the content of the letters you send to me. If you don't think that letter content is appropriate for your close friends or relatives to see, then it's probably not appropriate to send.

"Everyone who has sent me things, thank you. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I really love that you took the time out of your day to think of me and create wonderful letters to send me. You spoil me rotten with your sweet thoughts and I love all of you for it. Thank you!!"

Try to make a sandwich out of it so that it's more easily digestible by your fans.
>>
>>9457450
Maybe start putting soft blocks on the guy. If you Twitch or stream your work, maybe have mods start softblocking him there and then slowly across your other social media?

Doing a statement like >>9458216 says is also super great. Overall, sounds like you have some good friends on your side that will hopefully help weed this guy out and keep him distanced.

If anything turns threatening due to the above actions, definitely go to the police and notify folks who see you often about your situation. It's nice to have somebody on deck if you are going to a con or public place where this guy might be.
>>
>>9457751
Depends what state. Some are incredibly loose with ROs.

An ex of mine put one against me as an act of control, all he had to do was lie and produce minimal evidence he could specifically twist in his favor.

But I don't think she can get an RO because it sounds like she doesn't actually have this guy's identity.

>>9458171
>>9458216
These may work, too.

I think the biggest concern is the chance he may escalate out of desperation. You need to make sure he is aware that you are serious about having no interest in him and aren't just "being difficult".

Keep (good quality) pepper spray on you, and don't be alone at cons.

Hopefully your PO box is in the next city or county over, and not close to your home address.
>>
>>9457450
Over the years I've read too many stories of girls who got into trouble because they tried to ignore a creep, or wait for him to get bored, or move on, or they thought more about not hurting his feelings or not causing a scene instead of their own safety.

Sorry to be blunt but you need to crush his little dick heart like a ralph wiggum when nobody cho-cho-chose him. Since it's not signed, post it and flatly state that it's disgusting, "the sender" is disgusting, and you never want to receive anything from them again. Trust me, sperglords often need to be told flat out in order to get a clue and not try new, potentially dangerous, avenues to "woo" you.
>>
>>9457450
Making a statement like >>9458216 said is a great idea. If things continue after that, go to the police, it won't be an overreaction. And save everything, you'll want as much evidence as possible if you do end up needing to go to the authorities.

I once dealt with a dude who got really obsessed to me to the point where he started sending pictures of him cutting to me and spamming me with detailed death threats and screencaps of shit I posted years ago on other sites. My situation was all online though luckily so I was more casual about it, but since your situation is more related to real life, I'd say definitely take action, don't just brush it off. Don't put up with that shit from some autist.
>>
>>9457450
>roastie gets what she deserves
You only have yourself to blame
>>
File: 1490657828074.png (153KB, 605x480px) Image search: [Google]
1490657828074.png
153KB, 605x480px
oh my gosh op please stay safe.. like others have said mentally ill guys can quickly escalate and i don't want your life to be endangered because you didnt want to cause a scene or be mean.
i may be over dramatic but this hits a bit close to home. no where as creepy but. when i started streaming on twitch i was 17 and super naive. i thought i knew a lot but i was too kind, shy and beta to really sternly tell the creeps to back off.
not long after i started gaining a small following, this guy would tune into all my streams. he literally had my channel open at all times. he would message me constantly and i tried to be nice. he seemed harmless at first so i messaged back because i was trying to be social. too soon for comfort he would ask if we could meet up and he would tell me he'd like to see me in nsfw situations. i was pretty grossed out and asked him to stop (after a while, it took courage) but he wouldn't. he literally goes home after work to constantly watch girls.
He tried to buy my friendship and offer to pay for con and plane tickets to meet up with him. I was eventually done because he made me feel gross even when i simply replied nicely because i didn't want him to feel bad. i hate myself for it but i honestly pity far too many people and try to be kind.
you need to cut this guy off and protect yourself. i was so scared this creep would find my address since i got a po box super close to my actual house.
you might think everything is under control but it could easily get out of hand. he might do stuff you couldn't even come up with or think about.

again, im sorry if this is a long post but i have a bit of experience with creeps and i dont want you to feel bad or scared at a convention. get some friends to help as well.
>>
As a person who works for a large company as a front facing person, and as a partnered Twitch streamer, I understand where you are coming from.

You need to confront him directly, or else he is never going to stop. Blocking him, muting him, ignoring him, or getting someone else to confront him is only going to make him more desperate.

If he threatens suicide, link him the suicide hotline, and if by some chance you know the general area he lives in, call the police and tell them that someone is threatening suicide online, and that they are serious.

It's not your responsibility what he does.

Do not give in to him.
Do not let him threaten you.
Do not move an inch.

In-fact (I know it's fucking Kotaku, but it's actually a decent read about THIS subject in particular) Kotaku put out an article about this today: http://kotaku.com/when-fans-take-their-love-for-twitch-streamers-too-far-1794815112

At the VERY least, make a blanket statement saying that you are not doing what you are doing to be a confidant, that you are not looking to date, and that all advances will be ignored - and persistent users will be blocked/banned. If they go too far, police action may be taken.
>>
>>9458881
Oh god, can we get over this "you deserve it" shit when it comes to online stalking? Stop justifying people's disturbing behavior.
>>
>>9458881
If it were a guy cosplayer getting a creepy letter from someone they have no sexual interest in, would ot be their fault? Say if a girl came on to you and she repulsed you and she did what the person did to the OP, would you be telling yourself, "Oops I better stop posting pictures of myself online or streaming!"
>>
File: img000011.png (577KB, 1107x990px) Image search: [Google]
img000011.png
577KB, 1107x990px
You're to need a van, 3 guys, and a couple baseball bats.
>>
>>9460341
>>9460296
Don't feed the troll
>>
File: 17e.jpg (22KB, 682x515px) Image search: [Google]
17e.jpg
22KB, 682x515px
>>9457450
Guys like this make we want to go full /pol/. I've only had that experience once IRL and I just strategically distanced myself from her and made it very clear I wasn't interested. She eventually got married to someone and I haven't heard from her in years.
>>
Name and shame.

Your followers will tear this creep apart for you. Sadly that's the best option you have because you don't have enough yet to get the police involved.
>>
the r/let's not meet
has some good examples of of stalker stories at different levels of escalation, and people end up giving really good advice from personal experience there. going through the posts there may help you not only strategize but maybe cope with how this is probably making you feel.
>>
>>9460392
p.s. keep records of EVERYTHING
build yourself a file in case you need to give proof to police. maybe get in touch with a local officer and ask what you should do in this and progressively worse situations.
>>
>>9460391
I wonder if that would bring out the white knights though...
>"M'lady, if that fiend ever harasses you again, feel free to text me, here's my personal number. I'll check in daily to make sure you're OK"
>>
>>9457454
You can have the mail returned to the sender which might give him the impression his mail isn't going through, or just throw it out automatically if he puts the same return address/name every time.

It's also possible responding to him could help, make hm understand the difference between your cosplay/online persona (even if there is none) and your actual self and he can't love you without having spent time with you but that carries risks too.
>>9457463
Don't do this though.
Guys are fucking nasty assholes and it's really easy to dox people for revenge. you need to play it safe.

either way, anon, you should take extra steps right now to make sure people can't find out where you live. Reddit might have a subreddit about stuff like that if you look around or where it'd be appropriate to ask for how to do this since i honestly don't know myself.

People have been found by their stalkers before. You have a chance to hopefully block him from finding out so i'd take control of it while you can.>>9457464

You can't go to the police for stuff like this so easily without more evidence he's stalking her and not just a weirdo fan since i mean, when I was a young fan i sent messages like this to people i liked not really knowing how it sounded on the other end. To me it sounded sweet and cute and was only to show the person they were in my thoughts and not to give up...but i totally looked like a crazy person from it.

I really hope to god this guy is more like a young me and not a legit threat to anon. This shit is why i'm afraid to do a youtube channel even though i really want to..
>>
>>9460392
Oh god, I read that last night and shit is nightmare fuel more than any creepypasta. I'm going to be deeply unsettled forever now.
>>
>>9460405
I feel like she can avoid that by making a stern public announcement about the stalker and what the line is for her. Hopefully any orbiters won't want to risk alienating themselves from her by crossing it.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.