[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lolita youtubers/bloggers you like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 303
Thread images: 14

Let's talk about our favorite lolita fashion related youtubers and blogs.
>No drama pls, take it to the farm
>>
>>9456144
Personally I really love cathycat, even if her coords aren't out of the ordinary, at least she wears lolita everyday.
>>
I don't really know any channels that I like yet,I'm looking for lolita channels that are similar to this https://youtu.be/xX0kR58dzoI
Informative instead of just videos of what you bought basically
Also French and Spanish youtubers
>>
>>9456144
I like Attitude Lolita, one of the only tutorial channels I've seen that actually know how to construct a real lolita garment, I just wish she would upload more tutorials.
I've been watching some of Lor's new stuff, I think she's finally moving out of that 3edgy5me bs after her breakup. I really wish someone like MilkyFawn would pop up, though
>>
>>9456168
>MilkyFawn
Didn't she just appear in someone else's videos? Did she actually do anything of her own other than unboxing?
>>
>>9456241
Someone like her as in someone who isn't a speshul snowflake that enjoys the fashion like a normal human being, not like all the lolitas that keep getting picked for lolita documentaries and usually have yt channels thirsty for efame
>>
>>9456149
She's obnoxious as sin.
>>
>>9456241
I feel like a lot of lolitas who aren't thirsty for efame and just want to share their love for the fashion would love to start up a youtube channel, it's just most get shut the fuck down on here and accused for doing it for fame.

Not just that, but most tutorial types of videos have been done to death, so a lot of lolitas might struggle for content. Not everybody wants to see ootd and haul videos.
>>
>>9456252
If any handmade lolitas see this: if you're actually a good seamstress and know how to make a dress please upload tutorials, I'm always looking for new tips and tricks on how to put dresses together and would love to follow some new handmade channels.
>>
>>9456259
I've been thinking of making sewing videos but I'm not sure if I'm skilled enough to make real tutorials. I've never taken sewing classes so my technique probably has lots of room to improve. Would you still be interested in simple stuff made by an amateur? Like OnS level. The only thing I can say is that I'm better at sewing than Yumi King (lol).

Personally I'd love to see videos of people sewing because it motivates me to see other people work, even if the videos aren't really educational. There's not a lot of that out there afaik so I figure I might as well make some myself.
>>
>>9456298
Depends on what your finished product looks like.
>>
>>9456298
Yes, please! I'd love to see stuff made from OnS, and I feel the same way. Even if it isn't a full blown tutorial and more of a 'sew with me' video I still really enjoy it. They're the kinds of thing I put on while I'm sewing myself!
>>
File: 1493195284207.jpg (21KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1493195284207.jpg
21KB, 320x320px
>>9456144
Currently developing a YouTube channel. I wear Lolita irl, but my channel barely shows that. I'm just trying just to have fun, but I don't really know what to do.
Do you guys have any advice on what to do? What would you like to watch?
I love Lolita, But I don't know what people would be interested in watching, or I wouldn't want to do what everyone has already done (reviews/unboxing)
>>
>>9456247
nyart but I kind of like that she's obnoxious. I get really tired of seeing the same lolita youtubers who have 0 personality and play really boring music in the background. Cathycat is way more entertaining to watch imo.
>>
Fancy pants does good videos. She is nice to watch and also seems like someone that would be good to hang out with IRL.

I also liked to watch kittykinnss but she went away? But her content was a bit mixed with other things. I like the english youtubers, the accent is cute to me
>>
>>9456309
Why did you start a channel? What kind of videos did you have in mind to begin with?
>>
There's some lolita YouTube videos I like, but no YouTubers that I consistently enjoy. Honestly, I just find them really annoying, like I don't feel that any of them are being real.

>>9456247
I tried watching some of her videos, but they were too cringe. She dresses fine, but her YT persona is like a 16 year old weeaboo and she throws in so many overused YouTuber effects (lowering/speeding up her voice for no reason and unnecessary timejumps).
>>
>>9456309
If you wear it IRL you could try shooting an event report or lifestyley thing, like vlogging you going for a woodland walk.

>>9456252
>Not everybody wants to see ootd and haul videos.
Back in the day I thought it'd be really kewl to do a shuffle/jumpstyle dance video wearing lolita, for the edgy contrast. Never did it in the end because even then I sensed the cringe potential and I couldn't figure out a good way of hiding my identity (features distinctive enough that a facemask alone wouldn't do it), and it'd be way too hard on most lolita shoes. I still think it'd be funny if someone did that, or a gothic lolita goth club video - better than weeb/idol dances, anyway.
>>
I'd love to see a gull do a weekly or biweekly shitstorm report, like way over the top drama recap of all the bullshittery in the community. I'm sure it'd get nailed for bullying or some dumb shit but I'd watch the shit out of something like that. It'd have to be a lolita who didn't give a fuck because I'm sure Amino and RC would implode from someone stirring up drama.
>>
>>9456259
I'm planning a few lolita sewing videos but it's a matter of buying the materials and doing them (I'm bogged down with other sewing obligations right now)
>>
>>9456350
You mean Last Week Lolita News?
>>
>>9456357
omfg thank you anon, this is exactly what my salty soul needed, i had no idea this existed
>>
>>9456362
Enjoy! She seems to be a little less active as of late. We miss you Tyler.
>>
Youtuber here with 20k subs that I got in about 6 months. Not a lolita or fashion youtuber, but I thought I’d give my input and tips to new youtubers.
A lot of new lolita youtubers fall flat and give up because their efforts =/= rewards. They aren’t getting what they hoped for, whether that be subscribers, views, comments, or all three. Or they got posted on here and backed out. Which is understandable, we can be pretty mean bitches at times over stupid minor faults which can be fixed. Is that our fault that they won’t ignore us and try to better themselves? Probably not, but hey. Shit happens.

Anyway, I don’t claim to be an expert, but I figured at least somebody can use this information to their advantage. This will probably be long.

>Have decent lighting and backdrop
Nobody wants to see your messy bedroom, and we definitely don’t want to see it through the lens of a shitty webcam. Light your filming area nicely and shoot with something that can produce HD video. 720p is fine for vlogs, but aim for 1080p for anything you’re going to be showing things in (this includes tutorials). Whether you’re going to be using daylight or artificial light, make sure where you film is well lit. Make sure your backdrop is visually pleasing but not too distracting too. Nobody is asking for a greenscreen, or a pure white background, just make sure where you film is pretty. I know Fancypants often films in front of her open wardrobe, so that’s an idea.

[1/6]
>>
>>9456382
>Stick to a schedule
#1. Reason to do so is because videos for some reason get lost in subscription boxes unless they’ve checked to be notified on your uploads. If you keep at a regular schedule, even if it’s once a week or fortnight, you know there’s a regular chance that somebody will see your videos and maybe look back and see your older ones too. Really you want it to be once a week at the least. Ever since Deerstalkers dropped their regularish schedule, I haven’t seen their videos in my subscriptions, yet I check their channel and notice they uploaded in the past two weeks or so. Shit like that. Also schedules and regular uploads helps you to reach out to people more.

>Have a likable personality
Fake cutesie attitude? You’ll end up like Peachie and only attract replicachans and bodyline fanatics. Too edgy? You’ll be shit all over on here and soon become a staple of the farm if you upload your edge on a regular basis. Too flat? Nobody will watch you. Too hyperactive? You could fall into Cathy’s spot with people like >>9456247 shitting on you. You need a middleground that’s likeable. Don’t call yourself some bullshit Japanese nickname either. Generally, if you go to meets and you’re well liked, you can probably pull off youtube videos. tl;dr don’t be an autist.

[2/6]
>>
>>9456383
>Engage with your audience
In your first 200 - 300 subs, you’ll probably find that you don’t get that many comments. If you do though, respond to them and maybe bring forth a comment as a topic in a future video. If people see you doing this, they’ll be more inclined to comment to get your attention. Once you hit about 500 subs and your comments are becoming more steady, you could then consider a Q&A. Whether it’s about you or lolita is entirely up to you.

>Have appropriate titles and preview images
Goes without saying that clickbait gets views. Not saying you should do that, but ‘ Lolita Wardrobe 2017 ’ looks a lot more eye-catching than ‘My lolita wardrobe’. It’s up to you to figure out how to make your titles stand out amongst the crowd. Your preview picture should be a teaser of what your video has to offer. Put something relevant.

[3/5] Overestimated the length
>>
>>9456386
>Have enjoyable and informative content
Hauls are okay in small doses, but if that’s all you can produce, then you might as well go the instagram route. If you go to meets, maybe make meet recap videos. Same with events. In fact, if you’re running a lolita youtube channel, you definitely want to go to events as it’ll give you the perfect opportunity to rake in views. People will be wanting to see the event, and if you have a video on it, guess what? More subs for you.
Other things you might want to do that hasn’t been done to death:
Tutorials - not necessarily on just clothes. If you’re a resin crafter, go for that. If you do embroidery, that works. Headwear tutorials would be nice, and tutorials for other things like wristcuffs or headchains might be nice to see. Wig styling is helpful as well, as are make-up tutorials that are well done. If you are going to make clothes tutorials, maybe make some cutsew tutorials, or tutorials on how to turn old pjs into comfy bloomers. I remember back on livejournal when people would make tutorials on how to transform regular tshirts into cute casual lolita wear.
Home related tutorials - Same as above, but things for your home. Have a neat way to store your headbows? Share. Made a box just for your socks? Share. A tutorial on how to make your own padded coathangers? Share. These things might be findable on the internet in other places, but when brought together on a lolita channel, it’s different. A lot of people won’t go out and search for these, yet they’d watch them if they were laying on their subscriptions page.
>>
>>9456388
- Lolita related challenges - sure these aren’t too uncommon, but making six coords out of one main piece might help beginners a bit more. It’s a different way to go about telling beginners that they should start off with maybe one or two main pieces and focus on coordinating them in different ways. You could also maybe do a ‘three coords using brand, taobao and bodyline’ challenge, to show off the difference in quality.
- Reviews. Like actual reviews. Bought something from a brand on taobao that isn’t that well known? Review it. People want to know what the quality of items are like. Chances are if somebody is looking for a review and they see you made a video on it, they’re going to watch your video over what somebody has said in a post on tumblr.
- Lifestyle videos - recommend books, teas, movies, talk about what you saw at the theater, house tours. Shit, even host a stream. I don’t think I’ve seen any lolitas host a stream where they just sit, drink tea, talk about lolita. Streams give you a perfect excuse to interact with your audience and find out what they want to see more of. Also, there are people who watch primarily streams on youtube, so you might even find some unexpected subscribers.

[5/5]
>>
Your essay brings nothing new to the table, it's all common sense.
>>
>>9456394
Yet people still constantly keep missing the mark.
>>
>>9456388
>I remember back on livejournal when people would make tutorials on how to transform regular tshirts into cute casual lolita wear.

Honestly I think if somebody can capture that creative spirit of livejournal, but up the quality, then they're golden.
>>
>>9456395
Here's the deal: Most people will miss the mark no matter how much successful youtubers say the same things over and over. It comes down to who has a knack for it and who doesn't. Some people are a natural in front of a camera and know how to connect to an audience but most aren't like that. That's why there are soooo many cringy channels with awkward as fuck people running the show. And then you can have the camera, the lights, the editing, the content, and just suck at having an online personality and presence.
It's one of those things that people can or can't do, not much middle ground. Not to mention a lot of lolitas do it as a way to try and get quick efame, which is pretty obvious to pick up on as a viewer.
>>
>>9456399
I completely agree with this
>>
>>9456405
What if they're just producing tutorials? At the end of the day, I don't care what a person's personality is like if they can produce great stuff, so long as they aren't a bitch. I can get needing a personality made for the camera if they're going to be mostly vlogging, but tutorials and reviews are much more forgiving as their sole focus isn't the host.
>>
>>9456425
The problem with tutorials is the person doing the tutorial has to be good at teaching, which again is something a lot of people aren't good at. Not to mention they actually have to be good at whatever they're making which in the lolita community is damn near zilch. Take a sewing tutorial for example, how many tutorials are out there filmed with a bad camera where you can barely see what's going on and the background music is loud J-Pop? The best sewing tutorials I've seen are ones like Prof Pincushion where everything is super bright and what's happening is thoroughly explained with tips on how to avoid problems and how to work through tough stages. Tutorials should be actively teaching, not just a video of some girl pointing around the fabric with comic sans subtitles like 'sew here' 'flip around' 'and now you done!'
>>
>>9456441
Nobody said poor camera presence = shitty lighting and editing.
If they're bad at explaining verbally, they can always add text into their video to cover things.
>>
>>9456368
this. Tyler is really cool and I love what she does, hope she'll continue for some time.
We really need more things like that.
>>
>>9456447
From the tutorials I've seen there's a pretty strong correlation between bad visual quality and bad presence. And how many GOOD tutorials have you seen where the person uses text in the video to explain what she's doing? The only channel I can think that does that well is madebyaya where she has high quality videos and clearly shows what she's doing. Even sewing channels I've followed for a few years that started with text in the videos moved on to using voiceovers. And I think having a voiceover is better in a tutorial video, you can focus on what's being shown in the video while listening to what the person is saying versus constantly pausing the video to read the text then watching the video again.
>>
>>9456252
>most get shut the fuck down on here and accused for doing it for fame.
That's exactly why I stopped doing it. I know that realistically cgl doesn't matter in real life and I should just get thicker skin, but people will literally complain about anything. I enjoyed doing videos but it wasn't worth the "hey did you see someone posted you on cgl again"
>>
>>9456388
>If you go to meets, maybe make meet recap videos.
Unless you're just forcing these in to make a regular schedule, I honestly think these are a waste of time. Meet recap videos usually only get watched by people that attended the meet, and if you look at the view counts of most lolita YouTubers that do them those videos always get much less views than the less. if you do do them, resist the temptation to make them 20 minutes long - keep it short, sweet and well-edited and maybe include a general description of the location so people know what they're getting (e.g. "SeaGulls Aquarium Meet 2017!" not "SeaGulls Meetup Video").

>>9456390
>Reviews. Like actual reviews
Yes. Reviews are so much better than hauls and unboxings. Be specific about the brand, not just "Taobao Review" so people find it through searching.
>>
>>9456526
It's worth noting as well that a lot people who go to meets aren't always happy to be filmed for public youtube. Had someone pressure me into it for their youtube and I felt really awkward. I don't think it was ever posted but we were all too polite to say no, unfortunately.
>>
>>9456539
Yeah, there's a girl who vlogs a lot of our meets and I don't really like it, it's nice to have the video to look back on but it's on a public platform where the video also shows our exact location, which makes me a bit uncomfortable. I feel like I can't say anything because I post to CoF and Tumblr, but I'm usually careful not to post location-specific pics on there...
>>
>>9456539
>>9456553
Same, we have a vlogger in the comm and it's always super awkward when she brings out her camera because she'll film tons of people's faces without their permission. The mods told her to ask permission first, but she'll only do that if she wants to film you close up and completely disregards the feelings of anyone whose face is clearly visible in her "impression" shots. Because how is she supposed to give her viewers an impression of the meetup if she can't film everyone at the meetup? Gosh! Think about her viewers!
It's not the end of the world for me (friends/family/employer are fine with lolita) but it does annoy me that I'm in the background of a bunch of this chick's videos, usually doing unflattering shit like eating and laughing. Meanwhile she always has the camera at a flattering angle making kawaii uguu~ faces.
>>
>>9456553
>>9456585
Why are these bitches still in your comms? also what're the channels lmao
>>
>>9456149
She's cute
>>
>>9456390
>host a stream where they just sit, drink tea, talk about lolita

I would stream the hell out of this but it'd probably only be received well by somebody that has a presence already. Not sure if anybody would want to watch a rando like me. It'd be so fun though.
>>
>>9456670
I think an online tea party where everyone meets up in a group video chat talking about whatever would be fun as hell.
>>
>>9456679
I would be 100% up to start a group like this, not even as a Youtube channel but just for a fun activity. I live far away from my comm so I can only very rarely attend meetups and this would be such a nice way to fill the gap.
>>
>>9456679
>>9456687

like skype/google hangouts?
>>
>>9456704
Yeah, I don't know other platforms that would work well, I think google hangouts would probably be best.
>>
>>9456687
aw hell yeah

i'm a little bit tentative because of the possibility of dramu (it's /cgl/ after all) but it still sounds fun
>>
>>9456709
There was already a group of seagulls that did this. Other seagulls complained that it was in the general, then they complained it had it's own thread. I'm not sure if some of the girls are still doing it or not.
>>
What do you think about this channel?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiECJ6vv8_wNqbzhQfCpSmg
>>
>>9456815
i don't like that she makes lolita videos in normie clothes

it's interesting that she's portraying "becoming a lolita" as some kind of process when imo it's as easy as buying a full coordinate and wearing it. like what's the purpose of posting a "my current style" video and slapping "becoming a lolita" into the title?
>>
>>9456815
>>9456818
yeah, the whole 'becoming a lolita' think is pretty gimmicky when there's really barely any lolita in her videos.
>>
>>9456818
>>9456815
I think that she has potential to make an interesting channel. While I agree that a full coordinate = lolita, I like the idea of seeing someone get into lolita and see them grow as one. I would like to see their style change over the years and their wardrobe expanding.
>>
Here are the Youtubers I'm subscribed to. Links to other channels would be great as I like to subscribe to any channels I can find.

Amy Tasukada
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3OFNOmMu2G5J-FhSoG3Cag

R Gorey
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7xRFExl-2mG_52HeZLUACA

Dodo the Extinct
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW-6pAsbQzqZWCK2LJX3Haw

Cordelia Summer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAcM3GTZgKSUCzTlJ070rEQ

Tallulah Bee
https://www.youtube.com/user/girlonsunday

Fanny Rosie
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtip_aUbp2fnTxKBiT0f86w

Princess Fancypants
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9hTJkLLk1YvAaOhp56KZ8Q

Cupcake Kamisama
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDoD9K9Es25MVoICZyYsWHw

Hello Batty
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheHelloBatty

Knoel's Hidey-Hole
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1sWG0Jn4UCpbTDmc9zqVIg

Lauran
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOLqMTMFmSoDSHcKgEjhZvQ

Attitude Lolita
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCte9wJgjwjF5R8m7h69odxg

Kota Bear
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC03Dm8qvCLe5j2noWeZDYaA

Recursive FPab
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQv_5HEnDiJgF1b-ExBqIag

Lovely Lor
https://www.youtube.com/user/gitsforfits

Lolita details
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfZqA8_xyoGC9kElOxvkfBw

Bisque Doll
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfG8EEtL3eI6x9pqmUa4tkg

FilleDePorcelaine
https://www.youtube.com/user/FilleDePorcelaine

Tempest Paige
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSoxtCK0P-iIusRJCUNGOUg

Shelby Cloud
https://www.youtube.com/user/shelbycloud

Victorianme
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsoQmZzrJZy5o2IbKMVNyPA
>>
>>9456670
I was thinking of doing this too, but my current following is too small that I don't feel many would attend.
>>
>>9456298
Your intentions are good, but it's better to hold off sewing tutorials until you're more skilled.
>>
>>9456357
Not that anon, but while her channel is cool, she only seems to report on "safer" topics. Personally, I'd like to see a channel that reports on shit like the Kate fiasco, Talia, Isaki, etc.
>>
>>9456847
A lot of people I watch have already been mentioned here, so I'll add some lesser known channels:

Magic Frills
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0FdP1SxZVtzoaDjQInW-Jg

The Yulia Girl
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheYuliagirl

Paradise Poison
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheParadisePoison

Winniko
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ_Hq4TN6o8xVcevQpGY5Zg

Sweet Dolly
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSUqsBHK8UnMY4A0HRzFn3Q

Prettycurse
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6Vq34rXmAwsh5dav7PlVPQ

Kitty Time
https://www.youtube.com/user/BuonoBabester

Three Wiishes
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw5xIcIgHNrc00qHEZScJng
>>
>>9456947
Forgot to add Sweet Expedition
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK_8pPnzkxeksUp-lziy8Nw
>>
>>9456942
We need a lolita Keemstar
>>
>>9456942
>>9456954
kind of want to do this but it would have to be kept anon. i don't have keemstar's balls of steel. would voiceovers with screencaps and stuff be satisfactory?
>>
>>9456383
Dumb question, but is there a particular day of week that's best to upload on?
>>
File: 87549846_th.jpg (57KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
87549846_th.jpg
57KB, 240x320px
>>9456960
Get a cute medical mask and maybe put on some sunglasses. Distort your voice? Or use one of those text-to-speech readers.
>>
>>9456954
I want to do this but like >>9456960 I am too scared to. Unlike Keemstar who can make money off Youtube, not enough lolitas would watch drama videos to earn me income. I'm afraid that a drama channel would affect my real life career.
>>
>>9456252
>people want youtube videos of lolita fashion
>youtuber pops up and gets shit on for wanting e-fame

ya'll do realize that by being a lolita youtuber you must seriously not give much of a shit about efame because lolita fashion is so underground the max subscribers you might get are like 80,000 which is nothing compared to actual efamous people
>>
>>9456982
LEEEETTTSS GET RROOOOOOIIIIIIIGGGGHHT INTO THE DDDRRRRRRAAAMMMMMAAAAAAA

THIS WEEK, IS LOLITA DEAD? WHATS THE WEEKLY AMINO ITA UP TO? IS CGL FULL OF BULLIES? WILL TUMBLRWHORE AND HER WHITEKNIGHTS CONTINUE TO SHITPOST? AND WHATS THE DEAL WITH FANCY HOSPITAL?? STAY TUNED TO FIND OUT!
>>
File: willams beatdown.jpg (51KB, 890x468px) Image search: [Google]
willams beatdown.jpg
51KB, 890x468px
my salty soul would pay sweet burando dollars to see someone do something like willams beatdown but with lolita videos
i know no one would ever do it but its nice to dream
>>
>>9456979
Weekends when people have time off, but I also tend to post when kids come home from school in the US. I post three times a week.

If you wanted to attract an older crowd, you could post at 5pm when people come home from work, that way your video is towards the top of peoples subscriptions.

>>9457019
A lolita youtuber actually has the potential of roping in the alt fash crowd or weeaboo crowd.
>>
>>9457080
what are everyones view point on a lolita youtuber that has their channel for other things than lolita, such as video games etc?
>>
>>9457083
Anyone trying to start a gaming channel is immediately a cringefest in my mind, even if they're a good lolita
>>
>>9457083
Unless it was something that also interested me, I wouldn't watch them just because they're lolitas.
>>
>>9457106
What's wrong with people playing videogames?
>>
I really like branther's channel, especially her past few videos.
>>
>>9457134
Loving her last video on itas.
>>
>>9457062
I didn't know how much I wanted this until right now.
>>
>>9456847
>>9456947
>Haul
>Unboxing
>Japan
I'm so tired if this crap. Who are you and why should I care. Find something original to do, there's only a few out of these lists I actually subscribe to because they don't put out this crappy view grabbing content. I'd rather people update less with quality content.
>>
Successful YouTuber giving my own two cents because I think the previous one's essay isn't the best advice. They're right regarding some stuff, like making sure your background is attractive but not too distracting, and that your personality isn't too painful to watch.

>it's totally fine to do "overdone" videos, it's about doing them really well
Most people who watch YouTube have no problem seeing the same shit done by different people. If that were the case we wouldn't have things like challenges and Let's Players wouldn't be the most popular variety of YouTuber.

>brand unboxing and hauls bring in a lot views and are a great way to get people to watch you in the beginning
Yeah, some people get bored of them, but that's a minority opinion. They're also really easy to make and put you on very commonly searched tags. It's best if your channel offers more, though.

>if you want to increase your views and subscribers, don't focus entirely on Lolita
Channels that exclusively feature Lolita content only go so far because they're really limiting their audience. If you want to keep your audience small and have no interest in branching out, then obviously there's no need to do this, but if you're looking for expansion then include other interests that tend to overlap with the Lolita fan base, but also bring people outside of it like anime, vidya, and kawaii shit. If you do this, make sure to keep a consistent balance of content so that people know what they're getting I to when they subscribe and you don't have to worry about losing subscribers because you're not posting the content they're interested in.

>consistent uploads
This is another thing I agree with other YT anon about. Upload at least once a week on the same day and if you ever have to take a break or upload less, always announce it so that they don't think you've just disappeared.

(1/2)
>>
>>9457062
how would the videos be selected?? haha lord i kind of want to do this now
>>
>>9457217
>Yeah, some people get bored of them, but that's a minority opinion.

With this you're probably just going to be posted here and shit on though, then it's a vicious cycle of >>9456252
>>
>>9457226
that's just inevitable anon, like i get where you're coming from but if we base all of our decisions off of "will /cgl/ shit on me" then no one could do anything ever
>>
File: 1482453102934.jpg (17KB, 267x315px) Image search: [Google]
1482453102934.jpg
17KB, 267x315px
>>9457158
right? lmao the butthurt in the comment section is great
>>
>>9457200
Why don't you make content or provide ideas? It's hard to make original content when it comes to the fashion.
>>
>>9457217
Doing overdone videos makes me think the person is just doing it for efame and lacks originality though, and that isn't what we want. We want an honest youtuber who can entertain and represent the fashion in a non-cringe way.
>>
>>9457239
If I'm being honest, that's a bit silly. I don't love unboxing videos or anything, but assuming somebody's personality and intentions from the fact that they might make them is uncalled for. I want an honest youtuber, but I'm not going to drop somebody just because they want to show what they got in the mail sometimes.
>>
>>9457234
Yeah, I'm hard pressed to think of other ideas for lolita vids
>>
>>9457230
What's this bird from? I've seen it a few times and reverse image search have me nothing
>>
>>9457234
I've already made a huge list in previous threads. Do what you're good at, if you're not good at anything, don't make videos.
>>
>>9457239
>honest youtuber
How does that even work in lolita? It's not like it's the makeup community with issues with sponsorships and such. Or do you mean honest as is not putting up a persona of *kawaii sparkly princess*?

Like I said, why don't you do the work by contributing with ideas for videos or make your own videos? Tons of lolita youtubers ask people for suggestions. Or why not post your ideas here so that a new youtuber can use those ideas to start their channel?
>>
File: yhy.jpg (261KB, 930x596px) Image search: [Google]
yhy.jpg
261KB, 930x596px
>>9457257
Tamako Market!
>>
>>9457234
>Why don't you make content or provide ideas? It's hard to make original content
Ntayrt, but it's not that fucking hard, most YouTubers are just lazy and do endless hauls, unboxings and travel vlogs because it's an easy way to create content. Stuff that requires scripting, acting and/or a lot of outdoor shooting to cut down into a video a few minutes long seems like too much effort (or requires acting/comedy talents people don't have, or more than one person to participate) so few vloggers bother, but it's more for lack of time/effort than lack of ideas. Or people just talk at a camera for 20 minutes and are too lazy to cut it down, shoot it smoothly or add in visual aids.

I have a list of 6 or 7 lolita YouTube video ideas that I've never seen anyone do and would pull in views. I know it makes me sound like a turd to say I won't specify what since I don't want people piggybacking off my ideas (hoping to buy a decent camera and a light box soon, know making videos is pointless without being able to shoot in 720p), but I'll say that some of them wouldn't be hard to think off yourself since they're based off the format of highly successful videos from other parts of YouTube.
>>
>>9457217
(1/2)

>if it's clear from your channel that you have a lot of expendable income (lots of hauls, impressive collection videos, travel blogs, etc) be mindful of your attitude.
A lot of people are very sensitive regarding money. Sometimes it's understandable, sometimes it's ridiculous the level they take it to. Many people see anyone with a lot of expendable income as if they're one of the rich kids on Instagram pouring $5000 of champagne off a yacht just because they can. Be very mindful of how you present yourself and casually mention work so that no one thinks your parents/SO are paying for everything (assuming you do work). Whenever you unbox a high value item, say things that make you sound humble like "I was lucky enough to get..." I know it might sound obnoxious to have to cater to people's oversensitivity, but you'd be amazed how many people involved in a fashion dedicated to spending hundreds of dollars on a single dress are bitter about other people's money.

>don't try to sound come off like a veteran authority on Lolita right off the bat, even if you are
Few things will put you on seagull's radar and have you held up to higher scrutiny than presenting yourself like you know everything about Lolita and are in a position to mentor. Keep in mind, this is the first we're seeing of you (assuming you were popular on some other site first), we don't know if you're freshly out of your ita phase or have been for almost a decade. You have to prove your ability to coordinate before treating your channel like a guide for newbies.

>if you don't have a decent quality camera, don't even bother

>edit. edit. edit. FUCKING EDIT.
If you have a solid minute of some off topic ramble of visibly getting offtrack, cut it out of the video for the love of god. There's a lot of videos that can literally be cut in half if you cut out all the shit that has no real reason to be there.
>>
>>9457260
Omg it looks so cute, thank you anon!
>>
>>9457265
>scripting, acting
Do we really want to see more bad acting though? I'm looking at you Deerstalker.
>>
>>9457239
If anything, wouldn't it be more attention whorey to avoid doing videos you want to do, just because they're overdone and you want to stand out as the special snowflake? I don't really think it is, but if you're gonna say one is...

Also, being on YouTube is attention whorey already to begin with, who cares?
>>
>>9457269
Please no. I can't handle that level of cringe again, granted I think anon means more planned stuff not just a girl uh what's the fucking word fffff improv talking, like there's some structure to what's being said. It's pretty annoying in videos where half the time the girl is going 'uh' 'um' 'yeeeaaa so'
Unless anon meant straight up acting and skits, which I think would be kinda not so great lol, especially idol dancing crap
>>
>>9456954
Yeah, but less of a piece of shit and actually does their homework before publicly dragging people through the mud
>>
>>9457277
Well I meant more of someone to relay all the drama that happened not going out and starting shit
>keemstar is a total cunt, only person I could really think of tho

Well maybe DeFranco is a better metaphor
>>
>>9456390
>I don’t think I’ve seen any lolitas host a stream where they just sit, drink tea, talk about lolita.
I honestly think lolita mukbang would be pretty cool. Just sitting over tea and light tea snacks while talking about new releases, lolita information, reminiscing about past lolita events, and stuff like that.
>>
>>9457259
I meant honest as in a lolita who makes content for other lolitas, not to rake in views. How many times do people complain in threads like this about lolitas who post only haul videos.

Plus I already gave some ideas earlier.

>>9457273
Wouldn't you rather see content that hasn't been done to death? I mean, the only way you're going to seem like a snowflake is if you act like a snowflake. If you act like a decent person just doing different things, nobody's going to call you out. You'll get the opposite reaction actually.
>>
>>9457282
Eating sounds ew
>>
>>9457283
>the only way you're going to seem like a snowflake is if you act like a snowflake

Directly contradicts

>doing overdone videos makes me think the person is just doing it for efame
>>
>>9457286
Not really.
Somebody who posts videos that contribute to the community actually looks like they're doing something for lolita as a whole, not showing off their shit they bought from yahoo auctions.

Could you really say a well presented lolita tutorial channel could be considered snowflaky if they're hitting all the right marks?
>>
>>9457291
And could you say that somebody with a genuine personality who doesn't come off like a special snowflake, making a video where they show off a new release that people are probably curious about, is snowflakey?
>>
this thread is a mess
all lolita youtube channels are cringe
>>
>>9457293
Perhaps not, but I'd still rather see new content instead of the same old same old unboxing video.
>>
>>9457297
Then we agree. My point was that it's silly to judge someone's personality based off of innocent videos like that. Pay attention to their actual demeanor.
>>
>>9456585
>>9456539
I fucking hate vloggers for this exact reason. They always look okay while you look like a fucking screaming goat turd. It has happened to me so many times, not only in video but also in pictures! god ask for permission first you all
>>
If anyone wants to venture into bilibili (Chinese niconico), they have a decent lolita tag http://search.bilibili.com/all?keyword=lolita

I also tried looking up "ロリータファション" on youtube (sorted by upload date): https://www.youtube.com/results?sp=CAI%253D&q=%E3%83%AD%E3%83%AA%E3%83%BC%E3%82%BF%E3%83%95%E3%82%A1%E3%82%B7%E3%83%A7%E3%83%B3
>>
>>9457312
THANK YOU FOR SHARING THIS. Some of these Chinese lolitas are gorgeous.
>>
File: tumblr_nha2k1MRsI1rmdiumo1_1280.jpg (461KB, 600x961px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nha2k1MRsI1rmdiumo1_1280.jpg
461KB, 600x961px
I've followed Tallulah Bee since the LJ days and I am liking her nostalgia oriented videos like the one she did on prints https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swc4fZ0hAkU but HOME. GIRL. NEEDS. TO. STEP. UP. WITH. HER. COORDS. I get the impression that she's not trying anymore but I know she can dress better than what I'm seeing on her channel. So much potential lost.

I liked Lor's nostalgia oriented videos as well. Her "Bloggers I Miss" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xkt22kygULs and "My Style Evolution" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfNRXQxkn8A were entertaining.
>>
>>9457260
OT, but thank you so much anon, the past couple days have been hell for me and this anime is giving me all good feels, I really appreciate you telling me! May you find a great deal on your next purchase! <33
>>
>>9457221
you could ask people to send in videos or something
pls do it anon chan
>>
I'm kind of surprised to see all the hate for unboxing videos here. I always liked watching them - though also not to "marvel" at the amount of money spent (ha) but because they'd often show off good close-up details of items on my wishlist, or they'd sometimes show rare or interesting items, like oldschool pieces. I'd love to see more videos that showcase more details of hauls, myself.
Or just more plain detail close-up videos in general.
>>
AGNES HAS A YOUTUBE CHANNEL
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1chGCg43zVBVR0JFjj-gng
>>
>>9457377
It's a pretty unpopular position, honestly. Most people love unboxing videos, it's just that a few people are kind of bored with them because there's not a lot of other Lolita videos.
>>
>>9457380
Yeah, she's had it for quite awhile. Not much to see, I think she's pretty funny tho
>>9457377
Anon if you aren't lighting things on fire and using your garments to eat quac with what's the point of making an unblocking video?
>>
>>9457384
Fuckin autocorrect I swear to the Lord
**UNBOXING
>>
>>9457283
I'd rather just see people doing the kinds of videos I like, which tend to be common video types. I don't care if content is "original" as much as enjoyable.
>>
>>9456954
Lolita drama is not juicy or interesting enough to warrant being spoken outloud. The most we have are people who scam or sell a stained dress or photoshop their pictures badly.

A five minute video talking about how X is so ugly and sucks dick for brand would be a horrible channel idea.

Maybe if it was still 2010 and we still had relatively juicy drama on a regular basis.
>>
>>9457239
>that isn't what we want
Not that anon, but just because something isn't the preference of you and some other people doesn't make it the universal position. Like other anon said, some people don't like them, but most do and they will always bring in lots of views.
>>
>>9457390
Every now and then, we get a gem like Isaki, though. I'd love to see videos about that kind of shot when it happens.
>>
>>9457384
The point of unboxing videos is that a lot of people like to see items they want on camera and have some idea of what they're like? Seems pretty obvious...
>>
>>9456526
>>9456539

I rolled my eyes at the meetup recap idea, but then I noticed the writer says "events" in the next two sentences instead of meets.

Maybe they meant "meetup recaps are an option" and then "if you go to a lolita event like rufflecon or under the sea, people who couldn't make it to such a major event will want to see videos of the event"? The event-specific threads always seem to have requests for photos, so I guess people would be interested in a video of the event as well.
>>
>>9457280
Yeah, I have a lot more respect for DeFranco. He's less a drama channel and more a "this is what's going on in the community" channel. Keem is pretty much everything wrong humanity embodied in one person.
>>
>>9457265
>Ntayrt, but it's not that fucking hard, most YouTubers are just lazy and do endless hauls, unboxings and travel vlogs because it's an easy way to create content.
This might sound like a crazy concept, but maybe... Just maybe... People are doing those kinds of videos because they're fun and that's what they like to do and not just because they're easy content?
>>
>>9457267
*weren't popular on some other site first
This is why not everyone should be on 4chan so late
>>
>>9456316
I started with horror games because is fun to comment them and helps me to go through the game.
Sometimes I wear jsks while playing, but it doesn't show.
I thought about doing some skits in Lolita, but the cringe potential is holding me back.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (131KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
131KB, 1280x720px
>>9457265
>Stuff that requires scripting, acting and/or a lot of outdoor shooting to cut down into a video a few minutes long seems like too much effort (or requires acting/comedy talents people don't have, or more than one person to participate) so few vloggers bother,

Pic related
>>
>>9457265
>it's not hard, everyone else is just lazy!
>of course, I have lots of ideas... but they're a secret!
>believe me! i could get so many views!
>so many ideas!
>that'll show all of those unboxing whores!
>>
I'm kind of on the edge about starting a lolita YT channel. A lot of the ideas mentioned here sound super fun to do, and I guess I would be entertaining to watch (apparently, people like listening to me ramble and crack jokes), but the effort it would all take scares me off.
I'm not one to do things half-assed, so cutting, editing, getting a proper set-up etc. are completely necessary. It would be so much fun, but I'm already spending too much of my time doing things on and for the internet, if I got into this I could kiss all my career dreams goodbye.
>>
File: 1491057496887.png (237KB, 500x339px) Image search: [Google]
1491057496887.png
237KB, 500x339px
>>9457372
Awww I'm super glad! You hang in there!

>thank you omg
>>
I love a haul or dress review. It's nice to see the details up close and the colours since sometimes the stock photos miss things out.

I also like lolita experiences like "my first time in lolita" all that kind of thing. It's nice to hear embarrassing stories from girls that look more put together now.

This is a pretty nice one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mktc1gCrMTI

The stones under her eyes are irritating me so much.
>>
>>9457062
It would only work if it was a brolita trying to emulate drag culture.
if it was a girl doing that, people would lose their shit and it would backfire horribly.
>>
not lolita specific, but vox just uploaded this video about gudetama that does a good time talking about kawaii culture
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTAnJTB9roI
>>
>>9457619
The reason I don't like them is they always are labeled poorly (generic closet child/taobao/mbok haul), don't actually show details well (person swinging the dress around, attempting to get the camera to focus, no actual review since they haven't worn it), and most people are awkward and ramble way too much. Actually useful unboxing video are free and far between. What's common seems to make it an attention grab because it hardly shows off the dress and is more about the person rambling on camera.
>>
So are there no informative or Spanish/French lolita channels?
>>9456158
>>
>>9457713
If you're looking for details, why don't stick to text blogs then? I tend to find them way more descriptive and useful for me.
>>
>>9457713
It seems people's problems with haul videos are less as a concept and more execution. One of the reason MF's did so well was because they weren't lazy about them. She always tried the dress on and would give detailed descriptions. Deerstalker also got really good closeup shots of the dress.
>>
>>9457627
Yeah, why is it people love bitchiness when it's done by a drag queen, but the same shit from a girl or traditionally dressed male is so horrible?
>>
>>9457291
>haul videos don't contribute to the community
Not if they're poorly done, but well made haul videos include reviews. The main reason I watch hauls is because it helps me decide whether I really want an item. Not to mention, they're really fun to watch.
>>
>>9457512
It kind of reminds me of when people say they could make better dresses than brand, but won't show any evidence they can even sew because of whatever lame excuse.

>>9457265
Surely if they're so easy to come up with and you have so many, you could give us one or two examples?
>>
What do you guys think about sitting in a chair further back to show your full coord? Is that too awkward?
>>
>>9457789
I'd prefer to see your full coord in a full body shot with you standing and separately sit a close but comfortable distance. Sitting far away to show your coord sounds a little awkward.
>>
>>9457734
I do follow quite a few blogs, but even a few of them get rambly and wordy that I skip to the pictures. A few even take poor pictures, but I only still follow them because they update often.

>>9457766
That sounds pretty accurate.
>>
Pricness Peachie, Im not even a sweet lolita but her personality is so genuinely sweet shes entertaining. Lovely Lor because her feelings towards the fashion go hand in hand with mine in that I wear these clothes that I find pretty but Its not to change my persona and Also Princess FancyPants. I met her before realizing she did youtube and shes just very down to earth/has great simple taste.
>>
>>9457775
How can you review an item if you've only just unboxed it? You know that isn't really a review... I want to know how things hold up after a couple of months. It's no use buying a dress which looks pretty and has gorgeous details if it's going to fall apart. Same with shoes, hair accessories, petticoats, wigs, etc.
>>
>>9457868
okay but how often do dresses just "fall apart" from reputable indie brands and Japanese burando

does this happen to you a lot or something? you should take better care of your clothes
>>
>>9456149
Isn't she the one that does those Japanese culture and language question videos?
I swear there is a girl like that in almost every area, at least one in mine.
> white
> blonde
>not necessarily skinny
> weaboo acting but well over 21
> lolita or somewhat Lolita inspired
>fluent in Japanese but speech patterns are still cringy in comparison to natives. Sounds try hard cute.
>>
>>9457768
Internalised misogyny.
>>
>>9457960
But people don't like hearing it from men who aren't in drag either.
>>
>>9457868
The review aspect of unboxing videos isn't necessarily about the quality, but little details you wouldn't know were there from the stock and seeing what it looks like worn. We already know the quality of brands like Angelic Pretty, it's the details of specific pieces that are interesting about hauls.

Not to mention, an unboxing video can still give you a good idea of the quality. If you'e dealing with a Milanoo like situation, you don't need a month of use to know you're getting a pile of shit that's nothing like the site shows.
>>
>>9458252
that's regular misogyny then
>only women are bitchy (or guys dressed as women)
>>
>>9458262
I don't need to see AP reviews, I want taobao reviews.
>>
>>9458303
That's nice, but your personal preference doesn't change the fact that most people who watch Lolita videos on YouTube like AP unboxings
>>
>>9458303
Search on tumblr. I usually come a across a bunch of them. There's a girl in my comm that keeps a blog with some Taobao reviews too (not in English, anyway).
>>
>>9456158
beescuit does her stuff in French
https://www.youtube.com/user/BeeScuit05
>>
>>9458262
I still would like an actual review, like how it fits, how comfortable it is wearing it out, how much petti it can handle, are the straps annoying, headpiece too small, sleeve length unusually short, lace uncomfortable when against skin, how it holds up in the wash, what the tags say (since they are actually in English and French on the reverse side now), things like that. This is very atypical of an unboxing.
>>
>>9458252
>Idubbbz
>H3H3
>Leafy
>Collosaliscrazy
You just need consistency
If worried, don't show your face and just make a voice over
I've never seen bitchy women on YouTube that actually have an argument and are funny. Would like it.
>>
>>9457083
If you are happy and have fun, go for it!
>>
>>9457718
Anshin Doyle used to do lolita stuff but nowadays it's just makeup videos. You have to go back a couple of years.
https://www.youtube.com/user/SrtaDoyle
>>
>>9456847
>>9456947
Who from this list would you pin as a gull?
>>
>>9458252
But they do. Those guys are just "being real".
>>
>>9457128
Some see it as babys-first-channel and deem it fake
Can be useful to learn to speak to the camera.
Or men just hating on women playing games because only muh dik kan play
Just don-t go the titty route or the "not like the other girls" if you don't want universal hate
>>
>ITT: Youtube
>Nobody has mentioned SuperCarly64

anyway, what happened with her and her (un)healthy obsession with Kate?
>>
>>9459254
I dunno but I miss her content a lot. But right now, since Kate is laying low and Isaki and Jillian have moved on, there are not that many lolcows to parody.
>>
>>9459254
Hi Kate. She wasn't obsessed with you, she called you out for buying an animal for the sake of novelty and feared for its safety with you. Not like you're actually the one taking care of Pom though, which is definitely for the best.
>>
File: sup k8.gif (903KB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
sup k8.gif
903KB, 500x275px
>>9459254
Regina George is not a role model.
>>
The responses in this thread make me so happy I decided to start reviewing lesser known dresses from
Taobao and indie brands. I go over the little things like details, fit, construction, etc. I've only got one video up right now, but my video quality sucks ass. I'm searching for a better camera and don't want to spend a ton of money. I have a career and don't actual see myself doing this for a living or for notoriety.

Tl;dr Anyone have suggestions for budget cameras?
>>
>>9459254
I don't know if you're baiting, but I actually have never understood seagulls intense love of Carly. Her parody videos were pretty funny, but other than that she ticked off almost every box that cgl can't stand.
>not that good of a Lolita
>fat
>terrible camera
>trying way to hard to have that "I'm a laid back bitch who don't give a fuck" vibe
>>
>>9459301
Never mentioned her in a positive or negative note.
Just asking
Chill man
>>
This was posted in another thread, but i thought it was relevant to this one. Thoughts? Personally, I thought it was rather try hard and she's too unattractive for her salt levels to be endearing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mb1ApRp5rc
>>
>>9459343
>never mentioned her in a positive or negative note
>what happened with her and her (un)healthy obsession with Kate?

Also, what's with this new trend of people telling others to chill over the slightest thing? That anon just said you were probably baiting (which is fair), how does that warrant being told to chill? That's the kind of sensitivity we make fun of tumblr for.

>inb4 woah dude, chill
>>
Why hasn't Kate brought her Youtube channel back? If I remember correctly, she gained a good number of subscribers before she shut it down.
>>
File: w61953t.jpg (61KB, 495x336px) Image search: [Google]
w61953t.jpg
61KB, 495x336px
>>9459527
>Personally, I thought it was rather try hard and she's too unattractive for her salt levels to be endearing.

What? It didn't really come off as try hard at all, she's just letting her honest salt flow.
She made some pretty good points like if you're not willing to spend a lot of money or
live pay check to pay check lolita is not the fashion for you, and it's true. Same with that Lolita at heart shit, if you don't wear lolita, you're not a lolita.
It's refreshing to see since most lolitas on yt try to stick to being nice all the time
>>
>>9456954
we need a lolita iDubbz
>>
>>9459597
Because it was embarrasing? She didn't have much to offer besides make up tutorials and those got teared apart. Which is good because people like her shouldn't be doing tutorials and maybe she realised it. I don't mean you have to be mua or some shit to do lolita make up tutorials but atleast try to look polished. It was amusing though.
>>
>>9459527
I'm glad she made this video, because it's so true, but hearing it said by someone with not a great look or coord is just... off?.
>>
>>9459868
No we don't.
>>
>>9459868
At least to expose Kate. A Lolita iDubbz would have been perfect when there was a ton of drama.
>>
>>9459878
Yeah, this is the kind of video that needs to be made by someone much more attractive
>>
>>9459878
>>9459909
desu i feel like if it were made by a conventionally pretty lolita it would be taken even worse? like people might feel more threatened or offended by somebody who ACTUALLY looks good talking down to them. that and there would be more fodder for vendetta here because some people can't handle someone being both pretty AND down-to-earth
>>
More general J-fashion than just Lolita, but O-Kei podcast put up their first thing and it's pretty okay (pun intended)
>>
File: IMG_4932.jpg (183KB, 750x738px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4932.jpg
183KB, 750x738px
>>9459878
Going by her video, she has no excuse to be that Ita!
>>
>>9459930
She is literally and Ita herself, anon!
>>
File: IMG_4930.jpg (165KB, 750x802px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4930.jpg
165KB, 750x802px
>>9459954
>>
>>9459956
...did i say she wasn't? i was addressing what would happen if a pretty and well-dressed lolita made the same video. there's no need to samefag to prove a point.
>>
>>9459930
Are you the Lolita who made that video, or what is your defect?
>>
>>9459966
>someone makes an opposing point, must be her!
i never said she was pretty and i never said she was well-dressed. i was saying that this might be more well-received because she's not intimidating. people are more likely to bitch at someone who actually looks good.

can you not read, or..?
>>
>>9459930
This. I enjoyed it and subscribed only because of that video. She has a realistic view, I don't care if she's not perfect, no one is.
>>
>>9459301
She is honestly pretty ita and fat.

I never got why she was so "Mean Girls" either. Lolita doesn't have nearly as many interesting cows as things like cosplay, so I don't even know why they were parodied. She went through material fast, but I guess that's what happens when you want to parody the 2, maybe 3 whole lolcows lolita has.
>>
>>9459954
Ohhhhh dear lol
>>
>>9460003
That's her?
>>
>>9459954
>>9459961
She isn't ita at all, her coords are nitpick at best.
>>
>>9459954
This isn't ita at all, just really boring
>>
>>9459961
holy shit is this her? she's fucking hideous waht the fuck
>>
>>9459961
>>9459954
She's just fat, and acknowledges it
>>
>>9460099
I thought this was super carly at first and got confused, but she's pretty ugly too woof
>>
>>9459954
That poor, poor JSK. There is also no excuse for squeezing yourself into a dress that doesn't fit just because it has shirring.
>>
>>9459997
Her Isaki and Kate ones were pretty fantastic, I'd definitely consider them worthy lolcows, but Jillian's felt unnecessary.
>>
>>9459870
I would like to she haul videos and outfit videos from her. She knows how to pose and make nice videos. Seems like a wasted opportunity that she isn't taking. She's probably not going to be the next big Youtuber but I think that she can gain as many subscribers as Lor at least.
>>
>>9460186
>haul videos
>from Kate
Good god, no. She'd use them as bragging opportunities and barely even talk about the items other than how much she spent.
>>
>>9459527
I liked it, didn't find it salty at all so it probably says something about my own sodium levels, but imo it's just the truth. All it takes is research and time and if you don't want to do it, don't expect people to think you look good!
>>
>>9456847
Victorianme's got a pretty good thing going. I'm surprised it took me so long to notice her channel, considering how much exposure she has in the community: https://youtu.be/h7WD6DstJ3E
>>
>>9459954
>>9459961
Peter Griffin wears lolita?
>>
>>9460827
I am surprised at how little subscribers she has. She has the English speaking and Chinese Lolitas to get subscribers from.
>>
>>9460869
YouTube is blocked in China, Chinese subscribers are only going to be in HK, Australia, etc.
>>
>>9460827
>>9461019
Does she also upload her videos to a chinese platform?
>>
Does anyone have experience finding/licensing music to use in YouTube videos? I hate all the one's in YouTube's song library (they're shit as well as overused) and a lot of the free sites are geared towards producing similar muzak that doesn't have the sound I want. Paid sites like Songfreedom have barely any selection of artists and, again, seem geared towards instrumental muzak that sounds like it belongs in an elevator or the background of an advert.

>tfw you will never have the gothic background music of your dreams
>>
>>9462454
SoundCloud?
>>
>>9462454
Maybe commission a musician to come up with some looping music clips?
>>
>>9460277
Who cares. I love haul videos and I'd like to see ones that aren't film on a potato.
>>
This is >>9463382 again. She can get some views (therefore money) from talking about the LACE drama and clearing everything up. I'd like to see her make a video on that.

Kate, if you're here, START YOUR CHANNEL BACK UP AGAIN.
>>
>>9460827
I really enjoy her channel! She's very energetic and enthusiastic. I also really like seeing lolitas in other countries and how they are different from my local comms.
>>
I'm interested in making lolita video content and what I learned from this thread is that no matter what I do people will accuse me of wanting attention and e-fame, so I'm just going to have fun doing whatever I want! If people are upset no matter what then who cares?
>>
>>9463479
basically

there will almost always be one gull who gets angry at something, just ignore our opinions and do whatever the fuck
>>
>>9463386
I've caught a stream of hers on her instagram and I really wish she had Youtube again but I also think she should stick to streaming because she's really natural and likaable on live, it really changed my opinion of her
>>
>>9463386
I second this, I want to hear her side of the story. I watched one of her live streams and she seemed really sweet, I would subscribe to her.
>>
>>9463642
>>9463386
>>9463631
Fuck off Kate
>>
>>9463646
fuck off choke
>>
>>9463713
hello batty
>>
>>9463479
Basically. And if you do literally anything while not being a professional or perfect, people will rip you apart. See: make-up tutorials, how to coord tutorials - there's always someone salty on here saying that person shouldn't give advice, even if they're well-dressed and popular (no, I'm not talking about Kate).
>>
>>9463716
Hi Door-chan
>>
>>9463646
>>9463713
>>9463716
>>9464385
Are you guys just gonna list every semi efamous lolita or
>>
>>9464441
that's the joke you big walnut

also what's up milkyfawn
>>
>>9464443
I wish I was milkyfawn t b h
>>
How does one find the compromise between honest, fake/censored or downright obnoxious lolcow territory? Like how far do you have to reserve yourself vs showing off your personality which could be interpreted as salty/drama-mongering/attention-seeking or on the flip-side you don't want to come across as a total sjw/snowflake making excuses over ~haters/cyberbullies/criticism~

I know this seems like a kind of autistic question because the obvious answer is "duh just behave like you do in real life if you're not a total wreck" but I definitely think having a one-sided dialogue with yourself on camera, which can be watched over again and analyzed, will reveal a lot of little nuances or nitpicks with how you present yourself.

What's the balance yall???

>>9463716
kek
>>
>>9464679
It's hard because like you said, just talking to a camera can drain your personality. I think that's why many Youtubers are more "flamboyant" online because otherwise, the videos would be less eye catching and possibly boring. If you have a nice intonation and a nice way of speaking, you could get away with being more reserved. I think a good example of this is Tati on Youtube (makeup Youtuber). If you watch some of her old-ish videos, she is reserved, professional, but not boring at all. I think she can get away with it because she has a soothing way of speaking.
>>
>>9464443
konnichiwa himezawa
>>
>>9464679
You just have to get over what people think. Some people might see you as obnoxious whilst others think you're fine (example being the discussion on that ita video upthread). I know talking to the camera is weird and a bit hard to get used to, but think of it more as if you were telling someone a story and you'll be more natural.
>>
>>9464954
lay off lor
>>
So after admiring lolita from afar since nearly its incarnation, I've decided that I want to start dressing in the style. I also would like to document this on youtube kinda like ita to lolita, not for efame, but just for fun.
Should I just wait until I have some actual coords? I am waiting for my first JSK to come in the mail.
>>
>>9465672
You could start your channel with the review of your first JSK?
>>
>>9464954
literally who tho
>>
>>9465672
I've seen too many channels of that format die down after a short time. I don't really think lolitas are interested in following a newbie, because they will add no new tips, insights or jokes to the community, being new and inexperienced and all. I would, however, be interested in seeing the beginner days vlog of a seasoned lolita, so if you would record a video diary, you might be able to use parts of it in later years, when you have found your own style and have some reputation in the scene.
>>
>>9465683
Reviews from people who've only ever owned one lolita dress are never much good because they don't have anything else to compare it to. I know reviews I wrote when I was a newbie, even though I tried to be really thorough in explaining construction details and so on, aren't as good as what I can produce now because I had nothing to compare to for the fabric and print quality. It's why you have so many reviews praising the quality of BL dresses, mostly from people who've never owned brand. In this example, Bodyline's construction is pretty solid but all their stuff is online and the fabric, lace and notions are lower-quality than brand equivalents - something that is obvious when you feel both fabrics IRL but isn't clear in photos. For example, Bodyline use a rose chemical lace on a lot of their pieces that's identical to the one Baby and other brands use, but the Bodyline one is much shinier because it's made with cheaper artificial fibres. The difference doesn't show clearly in pics so a newbie could easily think, "This is great-quality lace, it's just like what brands use!" if they hadn't owned both.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfFDDscKHpE
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NLD31qlp-Q
Altough she sounds a bit awkward, the content of this channel is really interesting! Sadly not updated in a year.
>>
>>9466475
Which is a pity because I wished she made more bitchy videos. bah
>>
>>9469977
She is a really lovely in person as well. It's kinda hard to get in contact with Japanese lolitas when you're just visiting, Ai seems to be the only one to be interested in connecting with international lolitas.
>>
>>9459961
wtf, her coord is fine. Boring, yes, but then again lolita is also meant to be worn everyday and casually too, so...
>>
>>9460148
did it really anon? Jillian is a pretty worthy cow desu, and that video was totally deserved
>>
>>9470098
>interested in connecting with international lolitas
Yeah, but only if she can make a buck off of you
>>
>>9470606
Not true, when I visited Tokyo, we met up and had some nice coffee and cakes. I can't see how she made money from that.
>>
How socially acceptable would it be to talk about /cgl/ on my channel? It's a big part of my lolita life, so I feel like I'd be being kind if fake if I didn't acknowledge it to some degree, but I know that there's a stigma, I just want to know how bad said stigma actually is.
>>
>>9471500
There isn't a stigma in general, some people on facebook and tumblr make it really obvious they post here. Back in the lj days anyone could see who was a member of wank comm's like getoffegl. There may be a stigma in your comm.
>>
>>9471500
Don't do it is my advice, even if you live in a comm that's chill with it you might end up moving to a comm where it's taboo. My first comm had people discussing cgl semi-openly but the one I'm in now has had drama and I always worry that people will find out I browse there because they're SO anti-cgl. It's better to keep it on the down-low.
>>
>>9471500
I guess some people would shun you for it, but quite a lot of other people would also appreciate your openness and probably the content you provided about cgl, like jokes or summaries of this weeks drama discussion.
As for your comm, I guess it depends on how you are perceived. If you are a nice person and well liked, it shouldn't hurt you. If you are seen as bitchy or judgmental, they might assume that you just go to cgl to bitch about others.
I would recommend to be open about why you like cgl and what kind of posts you partake in. I doubt every single cgl user is involved with ita threads and making fun of fatties, for instance.
>>
>>9471514
>I doubt every single cgl user is involved with ita threads and making fun of fatties, for instance.
I've been coming onto /cgl/ regularly for 9 years and I couldn't name more than like 10 lolcows throughout my whole time being here between cosplay and Lolita. I only come here to discuss the fashion and buy shit. I don't really understand why everyone thinks we're all shit talking everyone in the entire community.
>>
>>9473395
People like to cherrypick the worst of what happens here because it's 4chan probably. I've been active here near-daily for years now but most of what I post are either dress ID-ing, translations, or coord help. Honestly /cgl/ isn't even that bad if you steer clear of the drama-mongering threadas.
>>
I haven't seen too many anons mention milkbox?

She has decent editing, thumbnails on most of her videos it seems. And I find she's not as boring as other small lolita channels
>>
>>9471500
I think it's fine as long as you realise people have legit reasons to dislike cgl-don't try to defend it
>>
>>9474787
Just checked her out. She's cute and likeable, but her content seems more aimed at newbies. I'm guessing that's why she doesn't have much of a following.
>>
>>9474851
Aren't all lolita channels pretty much aimed at newbies? I can't think of any content that's catered toward experienced lolitas.
>>
>>9474787
I like her videos! She's not as try-hard and has a good sense of humor.
>>
File: tempesttallulah.jpg (147KB, 500x336px) Image search: [Google]
tempesttallulah.jpg
147KB, 500x336px
I finished watching this video (https://youtu.be/OfbaDHYCBY0) and I can't help but ship these two together. I want to be a part of a cute Lolita couple!!!!!!
>>
https://youtu.be/dL4lxflKbHA
Fancy pants' video this week was kind of sad. It was nice to hear her talk so openly though. A lot of the comments are good- I've had problems with catcallers before too so it was useful.
>>
>>9475338
Milkyfawns videos were more for regular lolitas. She even had some /cgl/ references.
>>
>>9478467
Deerstalkers videos*
They only really did skits right?
>>
>>9478218
It was boring. We have all had stupid comments. Get over it and don't be such a special snowflake. It's one comment. Yes it's annoying but really stop being such a drama queen. The way she posted about it on CoF made it sound like she had been violently attacked.
>>
>>9478527
I said MF instead of DS because DS has a lot of videos for newbies, but the MF ones were different.

There were a couple skits with MF, but it was mostly unboxing and vlogs.
>>
>>9474787
She's ok but I just can't like her because she is pretty stuck up irl.
>>
I want to like CathyCat because her videos are informative but her voice grates on me soooo much. If she just stopped doing the whole fake high pitched thing it would be so much better.

Conversely, I thought I would hate ScarfingScarves Lolita News girl because of how she looks, but I ended up liking her because of the real way she talks and uses her normal voice.

Can we just merge these two together to have a nice non annoying informative lolita?
>>
>>9479799
I don't dislike CathyCat, but you're right. Her video pressence could use some serious work. She also seems to have a problem articulating her thoughts in a non-jittery way. Maybe a script/outline would help? With that said, she does seem nice and I'm impressed with her involvement in the Japanese community.
>>
>>9479488
I don't know, at least it seemed genuine. More like a relatable vlog than something meant to contribute to the conversation on a large scale. I don't see too much wrong with that if you look at it for what it is.
>>
Anyone else notice a cycle with lolita efame?
>lolita emerges
>makes decent enough coords/videos/blog posts
>/cgl/ takes notice
>content start gaining traction and praise
>gulls come out of the woodwork
>begin expressing dislike for efamer, either for arbitrary reasons like a punchable face and assumed haughtiness, legit reasons like inept coords and illinformed opinions, or both
>efamer responds to said criticisms, making things worse
>conflict escalates between /cgl/ and efamer
>efamer slips up in some way that even whiteknights can't defend
>lolcow status cemented
>efamer takes an indefinite "break" from the fashion
Half way through typing this I realized it really applies to everyone with a big online pressence in th community, regular lolitas and youtubers alike. It almost always seems to go down the same way.
>>
>>9484331
>"begin expressing dislike for efamer, either for arbitrary reasons..."
i'm biased because it happened to me but the way that public opinion is formed here is interesting and kind of disturbing. one gull can claim something (even if it isn't true) and that label sticks with a person's face no matter what they do. people latch onto things like the assumption that someone was selfposting/samefriending once and it's used as an excuse to dislike them. having it happen to me has made me reconsider the things that i read about people, because before i was just absorbing things without giving them much thought.

sage for blogpost but i feel like gulls try to ignore that this happens
>>
>>9484359
>one gull can claim something (even if it isn't true) and that label sticks with a person's face no matter what they do
That's why I try to not take anything cgl says about anyone seriously, unless I've seen the behavior/thing/whatever with my own eyes. It can be hard sometimes, especially with people you only hear shit about online, but when I meet them in person, I try to not be biased by what I read about them on cgl.
>>
>>9474787
Amy, please. Try getting a proper microphone first.
>>
>>9475338
There's more money in making content for yung weebs than making jokes that only a few hundred veteran Lolitas will actually get. Besides, gulls hate just about everything, so why set yourself up for that?
>>
Just testing the water, would people be interested in a YT channel with videos explaining aspects of the culture and history of the fashion? Stuff like explaining different influences, eras of the fashion, why brands are so-called, stuff beginners should know outside of the basics of how to dress, that kind of content. Ideally I'd like to make it accessible and informative for newcomers and at least entertaining for more seasoned lolitas.
The only thing is that I feel a little awkward on camera, so I'd likely fill up a lot of the screentime with pictures of what I'm talking about (not quite powerpoint style but a YT-appropriate equivalent), and maybe just pop in at the start and end to introduce the video, then voice over it.

Would it be of interest to anyone? I have a lot of free time coming up to lay down the foundation for something like that and it could be a bit of fun.
>>
Found this girl in the cakes&couture shit show
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uYJn4mkguE
She's not in a good chunk of her videos but that's probably a good thing...
>>
>>9486374
I would be interested in that. Maybe you could also do a video about Lolita artists (like Yoh), and what currently influences Lolita, kind of like https://youtube.com/watch?v=xX0kR58dzoI&feature=youtu.be
You could also discuss old GLB's that were "important" (like ones that show a new substyle for the first time), that would require you to show a lot of pictures. It sounds like it can be a good learning experience for new Lolita's and a nostalgia trip for old Lolita's.
>>
>>9456168
>>9456244
Princess Fancypants isn't cringey and just enjoys the fashion, it's why I love her.
>>
>>9486977
She's that British blonde girl, right? I tried watching her, but I find her kind of boring. She's not unlikeable at all, just not super entertaining to watch.
>>
>>9486374
Don't do it unless you actually know what you're talking about, I've seen so many 'guide for newbies!' made by girls who were barely a year into the fashion and didn't have a clue.
>>
>>9486998
Mte, read a few books and that thesis about lolita
>>
>>9486374
Sounds good. Anything that allows more lolita content to choose from.
>>
I wish more girls made unboxing videos without all the useless yapping that usually takes up most of the video. I'm watching your video to see the dress, some close-up shots, and hopefully the fit, not to hear about how "getting this dress was soooo hard" and "you wouldn't BELIEVE what my post office made me go through..."
I've only found one YouTube channel that doesn't do this, someone with Apple in her name (she did a Daydreaming Goldfish unboxing)? I don't think she showed the fit but everything else was ideal.
>>
>>9484331

I recently got into a youtube makeup video rut, and I checked out their forums. They're basically a more asinine version of cgl (think 90% bitching and 10% helping as opposed to the 70/30-80/20 ratio I see here). I feel like most areas of interest are fated to this. You even see this with people on twitch, but because video gaming is not so niche they can always get a loyal group of followers so they don't slip back into nonexistence. I think we're just such a small community that this forum can make or break people, and that's the problem.
>>
>>9484331
Yeah I never post coords anymore because I feel like I'm under a magnifying glass. I don't even know why I didn't feel the same when we still posted to daily lolita. Maybe the standards weren't as high..
>>
>>9484331
This is only true for people who are either very unlucky (MF) or people who do really stupid shit (K8). There are tons of well-known, well-dressed, essentially e-famous Lolitas who don't start any shit or do anything stupid worth talking about.
>>
>>9487698
I think they feel the pressure tough. There are a few girls who were really popular and didn't have any drama surrounding them but suddenly deleted all their social media.
>>
>>9487695
D_L posts were more longform and gave more context on coords, and were less likely to be ripped to CGL without context. CoF and Tumblr give people the opportunity to say "My hair's messed up because it was a super windy day and this photo was taken at the end of the meet!" or "The JSK and tights are both navy, the tights just look black in the photo because they're in shadow," but the photos get posted here without the description and then anons go "ewww she can't even be bothered style her hair!" or "wtf, why is she wearing black tights when the rest of her coord is navy and white?" The standard CGL response to this is that nobody should ever post anything online without expecting people to do whatever with it, but knowing that they can't post anything that isn't perfect without risking people being ripped apart makes people feel stressed and pressured as they have to second-guess everything they post online.

D_L also usually showed multiple coords from the same person, so you could see a spectrum of looks for different occasions (from casual coffee with friends to OTT meet), reducing the tendency for people to judge/crit all coords as if they're for an OTT event.
>>
>>9487711
I think the fact that CoF is "measured" by likes also has a lot to do with cgl's hostility towards posters. On D_L you could get a lot of comments, but that was mostly it.
>>
>>9487724
D_L also had more anonymity to start with, since it was based off screen names and not real names. Just guessing, but maybe this gave people more confidence to give crit, since it was tied to a handle and not their IRL identity? I often see crit posted on the CoF threads here that could easily have been left in a Facebook comment, but people don't want to do it because them not being 100% luvlies would be attached to their IRL names and could affect their IRL interactions at meets. I'm not saying all the people who bitch in CoF threads are doing it because they're anonymous cowards - some anons don't have Facebook or can't be bothered searching up the post, some anons vent here about people who refuse to accept crit on CoF - but there's definitely an element of that. And then because they're going to an anon board to say something they could have said on the post itself, they're then free to be as vicious as possible.
>>
>>9487740
That's true. A big reason CoF threads exist the way they are is because of the current environment on Facebook and the internet in general. It's virtually impossible to give an honest critique without facing retailiation. At best, people get a suggestion sugarcoated with compliments.
This really set up the vitriolic environment for CoF threads- everyone's salty over posts getting more likes than they deserve and having to suppress their opinions, so when they get on here they let their frustration lose.
Now quite a few people are terrified of posting to CoF because it's almost guaranteed they'll be posted here. It's about time we found a new platform to broadcast coords- back to usernames and ambiguous profile pics so that everyone is less worried about their real life reputation, but can still be held accountable when things go too far. It's already sort of headed there with all these "kawaii" FB handles.

Sage for OT
>>
>>9487740
>>9487766
Sometimes people are just really oversensitive about CoF and online concrit, even established lolitas. I was at a meet a few months ago when a few girls started talking about how annoying they thought getting crit on CoF was, and how they thought the concept of crit was stupid because it should be obvious that if they're doing/wearing something they like it and don't want to change. One of these girls hates another girl in our country who she's never even met just because that girl gave her compliment sandwich crit about her make-up twice. I was pretty surprised because all these girls have been in lolita 3-6 years and never say "no crit please" in their posts. Made me feel kind of awkward desu since I give crit to strangers on CoF pretty often when people have requested it and I like to think I'm polite, but apparently that makes me a shitlord.

For reference they're all decently-dressed most of the time, but a couple of them of them straddle the line between "good" and "perma-ita" because they do "experimental" coords a lot. They like to bitch about how CoF just hates creativity/X style/Y unusual item to see in lolita when the real reason they don't get likes is because they don't do [thing] well (both have DSLRs so it's not potato-quality photos letting them down). They frequently talk about how they're oldfags and "~guess they just have an oldschool attitude~" even though the earliest any of them got into lolita was fucking 2011. One of them has a persecution complex and won't believe that cgl crit could be strangers giving an honest opinion on her coord, it must all be people who hate her personally (even though she's nowhere near efamous enough to attract vendettas).
>>
>>9487889
There's a girl in my comm who's exactly like this. Her make-up is awful but every time someone crits it she bitches about how they just don't understand goth and ignores them, and none of her friends dare to say anything to her face because they don't want to upset her. She assumes everyone's hating on her because they're too narrow-minded to accept black lipstick/winged liner/whatever else she's wearing that day in lolita, when actually plenty of lolitas get a lot of likes using those things and the problem is just that she's really shit at applying it and uses cheap brands that go on kind of patchily. It's true that there are a few people who will always complain when they see a more goth-inspired gothic look but if you pose nicely and use good quality products it can still be popular.

Fuck, the more I think about it the more it pisses me off. She's not even ugly but her make-up is so bad it ruins most of her coords. It's almost embarrassing to be around at meets and I don't think she's ever going to improve.
>>
>>9487978
She's not in the UK is she?
>>
>>9488179
US but desu most of the goths who wear lolita I've met are like this to a less extreme level, since they already have a "fuck you I do what I want" attitude. In some ways I guess I admire it.
>>
>>9487889
I hate getting posted to the cof threads because of the vendetta chans that infest my community, it just gives them a reason to come out and comment the saltiest shit beyond normal nitpicking. I don't care if people want to say they don't like my socks or wish I wore a different wig, but the level of actual bitterness that comes out is unreal. You can say that girls are just afraid of concrit like they're delicate snowflakes, but maybe that's not the only reason people don't like being posted. Also, a lot of the time the "concrit" that gets posted in threads is just bullshit and not actually helpful. Some of you act like you're the authority on what a coord should be but the concrit is just an annoying circle jerk on "muh taste" and general autism.
>>
Can we have a list of lolita text-bloggers? Language is not a barrier when I have GTranslator.

I'll start with some:

http://cupcakes-and-unicorns.blogspot.com.br/

https://abc-lolita.blogspot.com.br/ ( a lot of meetings)

http://dropbearlolita.blogspot.com.br/

https://gotadebaunilha.blogspot.com.br/ (sewing, review, tutorial, meetings etc)

http://red-tonic.blogspot.com.br/ (hauls, a lot of meetings etc)

http://rolisramblings.blogspot.com.br/ (Lolita wise, handmade, coords)

http://lolitaacatalunya.blogspot.com.br/ (meetings, ootd)

http://mysubarashiilolidays.blogspot.com.br (mostly ootd)

http://marietuonetar.blogspot.com.br (meetings, ootd)

http://deer-alice.blogspot.com.br/

http://lolitaporsorpresa.blogspot.com.br/ (ootd, tales, meetings)
>>
>>9486374
I'd be interested, but >>9486998 is right. Only do it if you really know your shit and have something to talk about other than "it came from natural kei and has nothing to do with the book" because we've all heard that a billion times before. What >>9486956 described sounds nice.
>>
>>9488373
Not to mention how many people love to blindly call selfpost
>>
>>9487698
I will never understand /cgls/'s defense of MF, is it because she's one of us? Everything about the way she left the fashion was shameful.

>acts like the most dedicated lolita of all time
>decides to bail on the fashion literally overnight, citing reasons that confirm attentionwhore status (that she's too old when she was only like 22 max at the time and that it's become a chore because of online expectations- simply pulling the plug on her heavy social media presence and enjoying the fashion for herself is not an option)
>later changes her story and cites multiple instances of extreme stalking unprecedented in the community (anonymous packages and emotionally intense letters, being followed in the city, etc)
>makes huge deal about how she never wanted efame, yet was totally fine doing a bunch of videos with what was at the time the biggest Lolita YouTube channel, and continuing to do so long after becoming their "star"

Girl loved the efame, then decided once she didn't that her use for Lolita was over.
>>
>>9489872
I don't really see a whole lot wrong with her leaving. It was abrupt, sure, but we aren't entitled to an explanation of why she did what she did. She can do what she wants. Claiming her actions were motivated by efame won't change that.

My only problem with MF is how many people became unhealthily obsessed with her, especially after she left.
>>
>>9489886
I don't have a problem with her leaving, but the way she did it really made it feel like her main objective with Lolita had become efame, despite her in insistence otherwise. I just felt like she was being really fake about it. Plus, I just find it really annoying anytime someone acts like they're as obsessed as you can get with something then does a complete 180 and bails on it. It just makes no sense to me how you can portray yourself as Lolita being the core of your identity and your greatest passion, then abruptly jump ship like that for such silly reasons unless attention was always your underlying objective. I get wanting to leave the online community, but not throwing away your entire Lolita self.
>>
>>9487711
>CoF and Tumblr give people the opportunity to say "My hair's messed up because it was a super windy day and this photo was taken at the end of the meet!" or "The JSK and tights are both navy, the tights just look black in the photo because they're in shadow," but the photos get posted here without the description and then anons go "ewww she can't even be bothered style her hair!" or "wtf, why is she wearing black tights when the rest of her coord is navy and white?" The standard CGL response to this is that nobody should ever post anything online without expecting people to do whatever with it, but knowing that they can't post anything that isn't perfect without risking people being ripped apart makes people feel stressed and pressured as they have to second-guess everything they post online.

if you KNOW that your hair was messed up by the end of the day and the tights didn't show up correctly, why even care what those people say? why is their opinion relevant? those people probably wouldn't have made mean comments if they knew the whole context, it's like someone criticizing a movie that comes in color when they've only seen it in black and white. why listen to their opinion? why be afraid of being ripped apart by someone whose opinion doesn't matter? why feel stressed and pressured because of those people? at least that's how i see it and how i deal with crit. there's nothing wrong with being "ripped apart". if it's reasonable crit, i consider it. if it's pointless i ignore it.

sage because blogpost
>>
>>9489899
She didn't suddenly drop all lolita though, she kept all her chocolate prints and started wearing otome. I remember particularly because when she said she was quitting the community I was excited for her leaving lolita sale, but none of the chocolate stuff I wanted was in there.

>>9489953
I personally don't care but I know a lot of people that do. I've even met one girl who said she didn't like having ugly photos of her out online due to fear someone would use it to make BtB posts about her, although that's obviously really paranoid.
>>
>>9489969
She ended up selling the very last of her wardrobe not long after she left the online community because people were talking about her even more after she left
Thread posts: 303
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.