[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ACen 2017

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 500
Thread images: 89

File: anime-central-acen.jpg (42KB, 600x275px) Image search: [Google]
anime-central-acen.jpg
42KB, 600x275px
Less than a month to go, gulls. Are you ready? What is your cosplay lineup?
>>
File: 20140516_115715.jpg (399KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
20140516_115715.jpg
399KB, 720x1280px
I wonder how many 2bs we're gonna see, 2bs and Space Dandy. The past 2 years it was nothing but Shingeki on Titan. I'd like to see some Shingeki no Souma or something.

Here's Singed (League of Legends) from ACEN2014
>>
Is there going to be a meetup or something?
I suppose I could go alone, but I've never been to a con before, and I'm pretty new to this city. Anyone else go alone? is it still fun without a group to hang around with?
>>
>>9457350
>Anyone else go alone? is it still fun without a group to hang around with?
It's a 100x more fun to go with someone else or as a group.
>>
>>9457223
I imagine a few 2Bs will be there, but after seeing zero at C2E2 I wouldn't expect more than that.
>>
>>9457223
2B is kinda complicated, so I can't imagine a huge amount since the game just came out in March. I'm expecting a lot of Lucoa since that's easy and she's the sexy FOTM character. Besides that I expect a lot of lazy D.vas, Yuri on Ice, and probably a lot more attack on titan since season 2 finally dropped. Honestly I'm hoping to see some Mob Psycho cosplayers, but I have a feeling what few there are will be half-assed Reigens.
>>
File: squish.png (574KB, 1118x714px) Image search: [Google]
squish.png
574KB, 1118x714px
this year will be my first time crossplaying! I hope i'll have fun!!
>>
>>9457350

I have two close friends from high school who I've gone with to ACEN for the past 3 years. Only been able to stay for the whole weekend consistently during the past 2 though. Brought in extras before too. Generally it's a lot more fun to share the experience in a group.
>>
>>9457429
this is so pure. I hope you have a great time, anon!
>>
>>9457223
There's a NieR meet-up, so I'm looking forward to see several 2Bs and A2s.

http://www.acen.org/exhibitors-industry/exhibit-space-floor-plan/

Also, it looks like they changed the layout for the exhibit hall/artist alley. It looks very similar to C2E2. The artist alley is off to the side, instead of sandwhiched inbetween the industry/vendors.
>>
>>9457429
careful anon. before you know it, you might end up trans like me doing that
>>
Is there an adult Acen meet-up? Prefferbly one with working professionals who have social skills and can keep a conversation going
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>9457429
Good luck anon, I'm sure you'll really enjoy yourself. Don't be shy about it!

Still planning for Awoo. Currently on my last layer of bondo for the sword and then I can sand, prime, and paint it, then finalize details. Should have it done before the end of next week. Old picture but it's pretty much still the same except with a layer of bondo on it.
>>
File: 1409663225177.jpg (81KB, 634x385px) Image search: [Google]
1409663225177.jpg
81KB, 634x385px
>still need to buy new make up
>still need to buy new wig
>graduation literally around corner
Really thought I'd be ready. May end up just doing Rarity the entire weekend with different variations for the sake of simplicity and running out of time.
>>
ATTENTION

The Guidebook App is updated for ACEN 2017. Just downloaded it today.
>>
so what time are we meeting for the orgy?
>>
>>9458486
I will also be awoo! My ears are a little too big but my cosplay is still wearable. New roommates are moving in soon so I can't make a crafting mess right now. Is there going to be a meet?
>>
So Putumayo and Gouk are fashion guests and Harajuku Hearts/AP USA will be in the exhibit hall. There isn't a tea party iirc or they didn't announce it yet.

05/19/17; 11:00 AM – 12:30 PM Gouk Fashion Show
05/20/17; 11:00 AM – 12:30 PM Putumayo Fashion Show
>>
>>9459411
Hm I applied to both brands to be a model, and haven't gotten an answer yet. anyone else apply for the fashion show?
>>
>>9459280
Yep, I hear it's at Friday at 8 in the same spot as last year.
>>
I think I may be fucked

We ordered our passes in a group and then had to wrong idea to get will call

Now one of our group members cancelled cause something suddenly came up and they won't even be close to being able to make it

I mean is there anything that can be done here or are we fucked?
>>
>>9459280
I haven't seen anything specific to Touhou but I'm sure there is one. I still need to peruse the schedule for all the things ACEN, been so tied up with work. Good luck with your awoo! ~awoo
>>
>>9459686
forgot to mention. the one who cancelled was our group leader.
>>
File: 20140516_125858.jpg (370KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
20140516_125858.jpg
370KB, 720x1280px
>>9459701
Why would you be fucked? Just go to the Will Call station or badge place, show them the e-mail or whatever and you should get a badge, Is the hotel under the leaders name as well? If so just have him call the hotel.

>>9459692
Guidebook App.

>>9459602
>>9459280
Wait till it's closer to ACEN, Or Just constantly check the thread while AT the convention.
>>
>>9459838
even if he forwards us the email he got, he still wouldn't be there nor his ID
>>
File: image.png (225KB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
225KB, 1242x2208px
>>9459838
Ahh found it. Thank you anon.

>>9459280
>>
>>9459423
Putumayo is accepting applications until May 8th so it might be a while
>>
It might be a long shot asking here, but do any anons have details about the Sunny Day Song flash mob? I keep hearing about it and honestly it sounds really fun.
>>
>>9459280
the meet is going to be under my flowing stream of piss, secondary fan
>>
>>9459602
Where was it last year? I've been to the convention center before but this is my first ACEN
>>
>>9459858

I'm sorry, but you have to be at least 18 to browse this website.
>>
>>9460586
Whoa tone it down there gate keeper. I'll admit I'm new to touhou but I'm doing this cosplay for a friend. So i might not know every inside joke but i'm willing learn.
>>
>>9460586
Getting tired of your shit. I will knock your teeth out if you actually try anything. Especially if you're threatening the wrong people because of how much of a cunt you are. It's ok for people to like things without having been immersed in them since their inception.
>>
>>9461437
>It's ok for people to like things without having been immersed in them since their inception.
Seriously? I detest casuals and
secondaries but okay fine, why is this okay?
>>
>>9460741
It was at the Hyatt bar last year.
>>
>>9461437
>>9460586
pls fight! i wanna see a bunch of fat weebs flail at each other!
>>
>>9461678
Because you're likely a "filthy casual" that didn't take any part in the creation of any content aside from maybe a few poor shoops. You didn't program game content. You didn't draw comics. You didn't make art. You weren't involved in the original creation of the series. The creators don't act like some hipster snob because they were the first one to like touhou because they made it. Things interest people for different reasons and at different points in the contents life. So get a grip on yourself and live and let live.

>>9461803
I'm not about getting arrested for battery but if somebody starts something self defense will occur. But they won't do anything. Most seagulls are just shit talkers.
>>
>>9461678
because you're probably only a few years older than the series. Based on the people I've run into at cons and on 4chan, you were probably 4-5 when the first game came out, so you're a casual too
>>
Any news on food trucks?
>>
>>9460543
search for it on facebook, there's an event page
>>
Will there be a candlelight vigil held for Nyaa?
>>
>>9462710
>look it up
>Sorry, the page you were looking for does not exist or is not available.
But my HD Chinese cartoons
>>
>>9461889
Is it so wrong to meet someone cosplaying from a series you like and become disappointed when you find that they were only cosplaying for the FoTM quality?

It's a good thing that momiji is a barely relevant character, it's easier to spot meme /pol/ secondaries that way.
>>
I'm so excited to cosplay but I'm worried it will fall apart when I wear it since I've never made anything like this before.

I don't want to say what it is specifically but it's a bigass Kaiju suit.

Fingers crossed anons, I hope yours are working out better than mine!
>>
>>9462791
It still hurts..... my home board is /a/ it was a showa. But last I heard /a/ and /g/ were working on something like Nyaa.

>>9462909 I wanted to be memeiji with a MAGA hat but I went with Reimu instead
>>
>>9462909
Big ear momiji here. Again doing this cosplay for a friend. I'm not going front and say i'm not new to touhou. I picked momiji bc she is good girl, her colors and design are nice and I'm not a /pol/ fag. I did vote correctly.
>>
File: image.jpg (380KB, 714x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
380KB, 714x1000px
>>9462909
Being disappointed is fine. I don't like casuls much either, but I don't go out of my way to piss on them literally or otherwise. A community doesn't grow by closing its gates and staying a super secret club. If you want touhou to continue you should try and be a little more encouraging. There might be something that gets a "secondary" fan deeper into it. There's clearly already something they like about it, so help them expand on it.

>>9462964
We go together Reimu!
>>
>>9457429
update: turns out a key material for my cosplay won't arrive until after the con... oh well...
>>
how is acen two weeks away already? i'm not ready at all...

on a different note, do people look down on you at acen if you wear a cosplay more than one day? what is the midwest community's culture like?
>>
File: 1413419278313.gif (1000KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
1413419278313.gif
1000KB, 245x245px
>>9463726
>do people look down on you at acen if you wear a cosplay more than one day?
Autism triggered.

Why would anyone even do that? If you're someone using cosplay as a career, alright. Seems like it'll come with the package to wear multiples. Yet I cannot understand why someone would actually focus that much on a stranger and get butt blasted if you chose to wear the same thing more than once. Nobody gets mad when you wear the same coat during the winter every day.

Second, no one would even confront you if they did. So there's no use worrying about something only like 3 people at maximum would scoff over.

Third, I've seen several cosplayers who've worn the same things for several years. Some look amazing, some are legit bad, but someone will also be new and want a picture because they're there to have fun and not be concerned about each individual attendant out of literally thousands and who wore what on each day.

I'm short on funds so there's a good possibility I'll only have a single look to go off of and make variants. And if I'm lucky, Friday I can do my Alex Benedetto. But people like my Rarity and I'd be glad knowing someone can get a picture if they missed me one day wearing it.
>>
fucking christ. touhou is shit and doesnt warrant this type of elitism. fucking spergs
>>
anyone know what harajuku hearts/AP stock is gonna be for the con?
>>
>>9463726
No one's said anything the dude who wears the same princess peach outfit every damn year (to my knowledge), so I think you'll be okay.
>>
Just turn in my putumayo model application. What are their standards like?
>>
>>9465063

they have none, so you'll probably be fine.
>>
>>9463756
Probably one of the most level-headed posts I've ever read on here.

People need to get out of this "me me me" mentality and realize that 99% of people do not care about them at all. I realize that a lot of gulls struggle with this, and I believe it's mainly due to the "bad cosplay" and "cringe" threads where dozens of people talk shit about individual cosplayers, making it seem like we're all out to get each other or something. When in reality, maybe 2 or 3 out of the thousands of people attending will look at a costume and scoff at it, be it because it's bad or because you've worn it multiple times.
>>
Is there any way to get a hotel at this point? I have 9 people and the room we have is too small.
>>
>>9465745
You're pretty much out of luck. Even the Motel 6 is sold out. You're best bet is to check the forums to see if anyone gives up a room.
>>
>>9465745
Call the day before, or the day of, or keep calling. people are bound to dropout..... most likely
>>
Where y'all staying this year?

I was in the aloft last year and considered it again this year. Being by toby kieths and haufbrow house was nice.
>>
>>9465745
Do some cold calls to every hotel in the area, they sometimes have people drop out on rooms!
>>
forgive me for stupey question but you can buy all weekend passes at the con for $70 right?
>>
>>9465879
Double Tree

I love Aloft because it's so tacky and desperate to be "hip" that I find it endearing, and it was SO cheap when it first opened. But damn if it's not expensive now for block rates.

It's kinda nice staying across the street though, too. So I'm fine with Double Tree.
>>
>>9466037
>I love Aloft because it's so tacky and desperate to be "hip" that I find it endearing
If nothing else, the showers are the best. Though I agree, it reeks of "look at how trendy we are"
>>
can you buy a badge thurs w/o prereg first?
>>
>>9465879
Motel 6. Hoping to upgrade to a nicer hotel next year, but I'm pretty happy with what we got.
>>
>>9457355
>>9457452
so then I'm guessing it's pointless to go if you're not already in an established group? Seems like someone there by themselves would just wander around looking at merch and panels, but that would probably not last very long.
>>
>>9466052
yes, it will cost $70! Protip, bring cash so you get through the line faster! Also, single day badges are $45 and you can prepay online the week/several days before the con (or whenever they open it up).
>>
File: 1430466815499.jpg (39KB, 401x385px) Image search: [Google]
1430466815499.jpg
39KB, 401x385px
>>9466758
What the hell is this turbo pessimism? Are you incapable of talking to people? I go solo pretty much every year and walk away with tons of new contacts. If it doesn't work out long term with one of them, then it just doesn't. But I still have others I've made friends with.
>>
>>9466780
probably yes, I moved away from all my friends and family and haven't had a non-work, non-family conversation in about a year.
>>
>>9466783
Seek help.

No one wants to be friends with someone who cries and gives up over something and everything that can be fixed of their own volition and with little effort at that. Unless one goes out of their way to find a friend to put up with such a thing.
>>
>>9466758
It depends how (YOU) make it pal. If you put the effort In to talk to people it'll be fun. But know you won't make friends with everyone,it WILL be hit or miss. Just don't let it get you down.

>>9466783
Reach out. Text people play video games. Meet people, hell even go to the bar and talk to people.
>>
>>9466802
>>9466787
>everyone is easy and outgoing and can communicate with randoms on a whim
Be nice.

>>9466758
you could walk around with me if you wanted to. I hate being alone at cons and my friend who planned on going might now make it.
>>
>>9466802
>>9466967
It's true. I use to be not able to talk to people then I realized the worst thing they can do it tell you to fuck off. If it's an anime-con it's a hell of a lot easier.

Hey man that's a good show, I like your cosplay. Going 2 any panels? Mind if I tag along.
>>
>>9466041
OMG! The see-through ones! I forgot about those! Another thing is the have the best soaps and lotions to steal haha
>>
>>9466967
>Be nice.
Sorry. I got a bit flustered. Besides, anons are almost always willing to meet up and are usually pleasant. I asked if someone could hang out with me here for Midwest last year and they did.

>>9467040
I wish I knew the brand. Their shower gel smells so good. And you get that in shower pump so you can use as much as you want.
>>
>>9465879
I'm at the Hyatt Regency this year for Friday and Saturday night. My group was willing to drop some money this year. If it wasn't for the FB group, I would have never gotten a double room.
>>
>>9467294
same. Shout outs to that guy who posted letting everyone know a room was available. Got mine at the very last minute
>>
>>9463726
Acen is chill, don't worry. People will be wearing all sorts of crazy shit and a lot of cosplaying from every skill level it's always been a good con for getting dressed up.
>>
First time going to Anime Central.

Whats the experience late at night? Partying, drinking, dancing, orgies?

Got a hotel for the weekend and want to have a great time at the convention. Mostly interested in the guest musicians like Taku Takahashi.
>>
>>9467638
orgies a plenty. especially in cosplay ones.
>>
>>9462791
>Saying Chinese cartoons in 2017 for anime
>There are literally chinese cartoons right now
>>
>>9463726
I honestly don't care. I've seen people wear the same thing every year.

>>9455432
Skipping this year. The hotel fees are insane and I wanted to do Persona 5 but there is no time to squeeze it in.

>>9457223
I remember when the dealer room was filled with Attack on Titan. It was insane.
>>
I've missed the these three years because I've been screwed over out of a hotel room every time.
I miss ACEN.
>>
>>9468510
I'm actually cancelling my hotel booking because nobody wants to help cover the fee. Most people want to room up for free or really cheap.
>>
File: DSC_0845.jpg (114KB, 958x641px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0845.jpg
114KB, 958x641px
>>9467638
I hosted a BDSM party last year with a room I booked Sat evening just for it. It ended up being mostly impact play and bondage. A few ageplayers were there too. It was pretty fun and a big hit with people who attended.

As a result people from last year have been planning for the past couple months on Fet for one for this ACen. Looks like it's gonna be two nights this time around, with a meetup Thurs night and then the play parties on Fri and Sat night.

Join the group: "ACen (Anime Central)" on Fet for more info.

Also, if any other ageplayers wanna meet at con, let me know and I'll post my kik.
>>
File: 1491532848154.jpg (83KB, 590x550px) Image search: [Google]
1491532848154.jpg
83KB, 590x550px
>>9468601
This isn't /soc, you shithead. Take this shit somewhere else.
>>
>>9469028
/soc/ told them to come here anon
>>
File: 819280192.png (80KB, 1060x187px) Image search: [Google]
819280192.png
80KB, 1060x187px
>>9469037
It's true

Also:
>>9457350
>Is there going to be a meetup or something?
>>9458153
>Is there an adult Acen meet-up?
>>9458923
>so what time are we meeting for the orgy?
>>9459602
>Yep, I hear it's at Friday at 8 in the same spot as last year.
>>9459838
>Wait till it's closer to ACEN, Or Just constantly check the thread while AT the convention.
>>9462710
>Will there be a candlelight vigil held for Nyaa?
>>9466967
>you could walk around with me if you wanted to. I hate being alone at cons and my friend who planned on going might now make it.

...etc.....seems pretty damn social to me, friendo
>>
>>9469146
isn't that the whole point of the thread though?
without talking about what you're going to do and where you would meet up, what else is there?
most people have been showing off their cosplay in other threads for months, so there isn't much else to talk about.
>>
File: 1435704595039.jpg (52KB, 1023x575px) Image search: [Google]
1435704595039.jpg
52KB, 1023x575px
>>9469146
>>9469170
I think the point is to keep all the gross sex stuff on /soc/, and the normie stuff here. I'm going to be openly judgmental here and say that cosplay orgy stuff is gross and should be planned/discussed in a private discord, /soc/, or some place that isn't a blue board and where the majority of the people not interested are.
>>
>>9469196
>where the majority of the people not interested are.

Are you Yoda?

Also, speak for yourself. I'd love to get some sweet cosplay lovin' at ACen.

I'm going to be openly judgemental here (GASP, ON 4CHAN!?) and tell you to go back to Cosplay.com forums and Neopets.
>>
>>9469226
I agree with the other anon, I'm fine with meetups, but I draw the line at BDSM orgies on a blue board.
>>
>>9469226
>I'd love to get some sweet cosplay lovin' at ACen.
Hey anon.

Speak for yourself.

>>>/soc/
>>
File: knowit.jpg (42KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
knowit.jpg
42KB, 1280x720px
>>9469232
An orgy is about sex. Most BDSM parties do not involve straight sex or sometimes don't allow it. They are more centered around acts of BDSM, such as impact play, shibari, etc.. Usually there are some massage tables, saint andrews crosses, etc. out. People will use them with partners they bring for scenes, or if you're lucky you find a partner there. People who don't have a partner can watch, but being a creeper is not looked well upon.

Maybe someone over there is being tied down to a massage table and then spanked. Another person over there is being forced to bend over a schooldesk and whipped. Another over there is being tied in intracite shibari knots and then being suspended from a hook on the ceiling while their partner tickles them with a feather.
>>
>>9469710
DON'T CARE
O
N
'
T

C
A
R
E

Take your degeneracy back to /soc/.
>>
Guidebook app is out and available to download. Everything is pretty much updated too!

What panels interest you guys and which ones will you be trying to go to? Should we change our schedule for anything of note?
>>
>>9470558
some of them seem kind of interesting like the mahjong one, but I'm probably just going to go to whatever since it's my first time
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2448x2448px
In the event you're here - thank you clerk lady from the Salon store for helping me pick out a hair gel to hold my wig. Maybe we'll run into eachother again at the con!

So hype for this con. I'm finishing my last piece, the sword for Momiji tomorrow! Just got to put on the hilt and pommel stuff, and put some battle damage paint on the blade, then seal it up.
>>
File: 1494433542466.jpg (39KB, 480x853px) Image search: [Google]
1494433542466.jpg
39KB, 480x853px
Ideas for non cosplay but still anime related attire for acen?

pic possibly related
>>
>>9471579
dress like a slut... oh, and wear some cat ears
>>
>>9471579
Buy any anime tshirt. Done.
>>
>>9471579
Loads of people wear their best weebwear if they're not in costume
>>
File: image.jpg (561KB, 1441x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
561KB, 1441x2448px
Finally done*!

*have to clear coat the sword and brush / style the wig

But finally ready for ACEN! ~Awoo!
>>
>>9471910
Awoo. Hope to take a pic with you if I see you. t. Reimu
>>
File: image.jpg (144KB, 1241x1284px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
144KB, 1241x1284px
>>9471914
I'll be at the Touhou meetup for sure. Hopefully the weather holds out, today sucks.
>>
>>9471579

People wear a whole variety of anime related paraphernalia. Keychains, shirts, hoodies, bags, hats, buttons, etc. Just go with something that shows off what you like.
>>
How strictly does IRT enforce the "Costume must not extend 6 inches around you" rule? Do they only enforce it in the dealers room?
>>
>>9472013
I've seen massive violations, but I have never seen them ever enforce it.
>>
>>9470707
Yeah, the learning japanese games/culture panels are always popular.

>>9470558
Anyone else?
>>
>>9473239
>>9470558
Are the ones named after anime literally going to be people sitting around watching the dub or are they panels about the show?
I can watch anime at home, dunno why I'd go and pay to watch dubs.
>>
>>9473305
If the description is just a summary of the show's plot, it's a viewing. They're not all dubs, either (Most cons I've seen have separate rooms for subbed content and dubbed content) but I can't tell which is which on the guidebook.
>>
File: 1449777413689.png (258KB, 500x351px) Image search: [Google]
1449777413689.png
258KB, 500x351px
>>9473326
>They're not all dubs
>mfw Nightshift Nurses dubbed viewing
I didn't stick around to see who came. Would have been interesting to say the least.
>>
>>9473331
I think the point is that you don't watch the other people.

Jokes aside, it's mostly just people laughing at the absurd situations and bad one liners any time I've went. Cheesy fun.
>>
>>9473331
Tfw no one is gonna cosplay as Illya or Kuro. It's all gonna be Sabers. It fucking hurts mane.

>>9473440
This. Watching dubbed hentaies late at night with a ton of other people memeing and laughing at it. Good shit.
>>
File: IMG_1230.jpg (18KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1230.jpg
18KB, 300x168px
>>9466783
I'll be your friend anon
>>
ONE WEEK AWAY

WHO HYPE HERE
>>
>>9475610
FUCK ENTER PANIC MODE.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>9475615
SAME I STILL HAVE TO SEW AND PAINT MY ENTIRE OUTFIT AHHHHHHHH
>>
>>9475615
>ENTER PANIC MODE
I can only pray my body doesn't look too terrible without shape wear since I've put on some weight since last time I wore one of my cosplays. It's just tight enough to hug my form but I'm going to cry if I feel I look like a blob.
>>
File: image.png (289KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
289KB, 900x900px
>>9475610
Totally hype and ready to go. I wish it were here now but there's 4 more days of work left between now and ACEN.
>>
File: XOF.webm (3MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
XOF.webm
3MB, 480x360px
For Saturday: Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain - XOF strike team member

https://youtu.be/OpO2rk2PPE0?t=36m10s
>>
File: 1399767119415.jpg (66KB, 470x352px) Image search: [Google]
1399767119415.jpg
66KB, 470x352px
Anyone sharing a hotel room? I'm desperate at this point.
>>
>>9476483
How desperate?
>>
>>9476489
Like i'll pay any reasonable price. I just wanna go to the rave and do night stuff since i can't if i'm gonna be driving between acen and home a bunch of times.
>>
File: Jack_of_Clubs.jpg (95KB, 361x522px) Image search: [Google]
Jack_of_Clubs.jpg
95KB, 361x522px
I'm PANICKING because I thought it was two weeks away, not literally THIS WEEK. FAAAKKKIN BOOLSHEEIT. Still trying to sort room stuff, though should be done by the time ACEN starts, so no last second panicking like previous years at least for a room.

I had been hoping to do at least one cosplay this year though, just money being tight, and school and working out distracted me, so now I'm sitting here in a huff.

I was thinking of doing a Caesar's Legion outfit, how does that sound? I don't think there's time to get a Legatus or Praetorian uniform going, but there is probably time for at least a Recruit/Decanus, if not a Centurion, right?

Or did I fuck up and should just focus on enjoying myself this year?

>>9463726
The Midwest's culture in general is really chill, no one is going to bother you about anything.
>>
>>9476562
Can't you get an Uber? That's what I think I'm going to do since it seems silly to get a hotel room less than 5 miles from my house
>>
Are there any specific panels you guys would recommend? I'm usually not super into panels buto I'm wondering if there are any really good returning ones I should check out.
>>
>>9477000
Shibari if its there
>>
File: 1493720120952.jpg (19KB, 264x246px) Image search: [Google]
1493720120952.jpg
19KB, 264x246px
I lost my wallet for the first time. I'm hoping it'sstill at the nursing home I work for because I'm the one who is registered to check-in for a room.
>>
>>9477004
Dude you got robbed by fucking old people.
>>
>>9468499
>I've seen people wear the same thing every year.

Oh man, you just reminded me of that guy who crossplays Princess Peach every year.
Strangely enough, I don't mind the elderly couple who always show up as Mario and Peach, but for some reason, I can't really stand the crossplayer.
>>
>>9476980
I mean I live like 20 min away from acen but would prefer to have a hotel room thats a 10 min walk from the convention center. Also I gotta bring my older autistic bro with me and i can't stay late if he's with me. Also finding parking is a pain in the ass.
>>
File: Andrei.jpg (109KB, 1019x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Andrei.jpg
109KB, 1019x1024px
>>9477028
>the Princess Peach guy

Holy shit, he really has been doing that every year! At least every year I've gone.

Also, that elderly couple who do Mario and Peach are utterly adorable! I love them. There's also an older guy who's huge into Ah My Goddess who does a cop.

What other regulars are there? There's the guy I call the Soda Knight, who makes full armor of some soda packs, a sword and shield. I think lately also the guy who does Zig and All Your Base has shown up more than once.

>>9477000
Just goto panels, they're fun. If nothing else, it's a chance to relax.
>>
This isnt my first con but it will be my first time at ACEN.
Going to be in a Crisis Core group that I'm really excited about.
What are some highlights of the con I should look forward to? Any areas of interest in the venue or outside?
Cgl meetup planned?
>>
>>9477035
>What other regulars are there?

The Fry from Futurama who walks around holding a stuffed dog who looks depressed as hell.

The L from Deathnote who mopes around and is so into character.
>>
>less than a week to go
>powerpoint nowhere near ready, still need to shoot and edit video material
>co-panelists selling house and can't help in the slightest, not even with info sections

who needs sleep anyway
>>
>>9477083
Good luck, anon. What panel is this for if you don't mind me asking?
>>
>>9477094

That is a secret.

I don't blame them for being unavailable to help. I missed the submission deadline by a solid month, so we weren't even sure we'd get a slot until like five weeks ago.

All they need to do is send me bullet points for their section. I can find the pictures. If they don't supply bullet points, then I will murder them.
>>
Candlelight vigil for nyaa.se when and where?
>>
>>9477140
>Candlelight vigil for nyaa.se when and where?
What is nyaa.si?
>>
File: 41887721.png (124KB, 500x1477px) Image search: [Google]
41887721.png
124KB, 500x1477px
>>9477044
>Going to be in a Crisis Core group that I'm really excited about.
Please be Zack or Angeal. CC was the best thing to come out of FF7, ignoring Genesis.
>What are some highlights of the con I should look forward to?
Ambulances, kid's ODing and the massive, massive crowd. Oh, and standing in lines.
>Any areas of interest in the venue or outside?
Rosemont is a pretty boring area. But there's a plaza with bars and a restaurant. There's also the Fashion Outlet where if you've got the money, you can have an off season shopping spree. The old school themed candy store is amazing.
>Cgl meetup planned?
There's usually a meet Friday and Saturday at the Red Bar in the Hyatt. Located directly opposed to the restaurant with all the silver decor and bar. Look for a fire place and red.

No time seems to have been decided for this year but I think last year it was 5 or 6pm Friday, 9 or 10pm Friday. I forget. Be warned, you cannot get into the Red Bar after a certain time without an ID and being 21+. This screwed over some 18-20 anons.

>>9477149
>What is nyaa.s
Incomplete.
>>
Project thunderstorms for both Friday and Saturday. Acen befalls the yearly curse of rain again.
>>
>>9477035
I dunno if they're cosplaying or not, but there's this guy me and my gf have taken to calling "the man in white". He's there every year, looks to be in his 50's, usually wears a white suit with a hat at least one of the days, and is always with a girl that seems 30 years younger than him. It's kinda creepy haha, and that's the only reason they've stood out to us.
>>
What's the policy on drinking? I wanna bring my flask. But I dunno how Anal the security ppl or w/e are gonna be. Last year we snuck it. Slam some ritas
>>
>>9477028
Its probably because he spams the Facebook page constantly
>>
File: araragi.gif (427KB, 600x254px) Image search: [Google]
araragi.gif
427KB, 600x254px
>I actually might finish everything a day before.
It's a miracle. I honestly thought I would have nothing finished or everything would look horrible.
>>
>>9477140
This
>>
>>9477553
No one is going to bother you if you aren't obvious about it. They serve drinks in the dealers room too, so it's not much of a problem there. I did see a staff member scold a group of people who were drinking cans of beer in the Hyatt last year. They were being super obvious about it and it was the middle of the day too.
>>
>>9477228
>Incomplete.

The new nyaa.si looks pretty complete to me. Actually, it looks like it's an improvement over the old site. The search engine is better and magnet links are now available on the listings.
>>
>>9477262
>and is always with a girl that seems 30 years younger than him
I recall seeing a young cosplayer fawning over some older man. I don't have anything against sugar daddies but I really wish they'd keep it in private or at places where that kind of thing isn't abnormal. Not at a public event with children.
>>
File: bf4_us_mp_engineer_mod0.jpg (529KB, 1709x1466px) Image search: [Google]
bf4_us_mp_engineer_mod0.jpg
529KB, 1709x1466px
>>9475930
For Friday: Battlefield 4 US Multiplayer Engineer Class
>>
>>9467638
>>9476562
>>9477553
This is gonna be my first con. I got invited with my uni's anime club and couldn't pass up the $15 tickets. I'm going alone but will try to meet them there (never actually met any of them). I have literally zero time to prepare, driving back into town the day of but I'm going to throw together a quick vapor wave getup from my closet and goto that meetup to at least meet some people. I really just want to drink and party, do people have hotel parties? [spoiler]should I bring coke?[/spoiler] Not orgies, I don't want a fucking orgy. The free outdoor rave Saturday looks like solid fun too. How are the other organized ones? What's the age grouping like? Are most people out of towners? how's parking? Is it hot inside? Does merch take cc or should I bring cash? Should I pack my own food?

Also will there be lolitas there? Are they mean to non lolitas/boys? I always wanted to meet them. I'm into /fa/, i find the whole thing really cool. I'm sure they get bothered creeps trying to pick them up often though so I'd understand if they prefer to be left alone.
>>
>>9477890
> should I bring coke?

Hurr durr, let's bring schedule 2 drugs to an anime convention. JFC
>>
>>9477890
Coke may not be a good idea as they had drug sniffing dogs at the dances last year.
Bring cash regardless as it's good to have in an emergency.
Parties are a sort of know the right people sort of thing. Best bet is just to network and enjoy the con regardless.
Bring food. At least snacks with. There are good options but they either are overpriced , far , or too crowded. If funds are not an issue I highly recommend hofbrauhaus which is at the financial park just a 15 minute walk away .

If you actually understand Lolita fashion most will respond positively. Just don't act like a creep about it.
>>
File: 1429890343562.png (53KB, 298x415px) Image search: [Google]
1429890343562.png
53KB, 298x415px
>>9477890
>[spoiler]should I bring coke?[/spoiler]
>spoilers on /cgl/
>bringing drugs to an all ages event
Just don't come or take it away from the con area. Shut in weebs pretending to be dudebros on top of actual dudebros already make a mess of the place by passing out in halls, vomiting everywhere and being obnoxious.

There are parties, but Rosemont isn't Vegas. You will get a noise complaint and kicked out. Also, there will be children. I mean, actual 5-8 year olds mixed with 12-16 year olds. Kids will usually be in bed at later hours but you are in an area close to an international airport. Families are traveling, and there are businessmen/pilots frequenting the area.

Acen is not a party con like Colossal. And even there, there are police on site to keep everything orderly in the main area and loud noise in rooms is expected because it's a water park.

>inb4 no fun allowed
I like fun as long as it doesn't damage property and cause future restrictions for public space.
>>
>>9477942
> acen is not a party con
Literal wat. Acen is known as a party con. Due to a down turn in guests in the past few years it has become a con where most people after 9 are drinking or going to room parties ( which rarely get shut down besides the crazy ones. The hyatt used to even have a party floor ).

Acen claims to be family-friendly but considering the amount of resources used for the dances and the kid programming down sizing each year I don't think it's a claim most con goers agree to.
>>
>>9477974
I mean party con as in a place to go wild on site with little consequence. Unless we have different definitions. There are parties in the /other/ hotels that aren't the Hyatt. There's the rave as well, which is in the most sectioned off corner of the entire facility since I don't think anyone needs to walk past it to get to anything. All the loudness is kept away from the hotel rooms.

>Acen claims to be family-friendly but considering the amount of resources used for the dances and the kid programming down sizing each year I don't think it's a claim most con goers agree to.
>con goers
I didn't know everyone with a badge counted as staff and have a position to make the rules.
>>
>>9477985
A party con is pretty much any con that has a party atmosphere after hours. For example, c2e2 and gencon are not party cons. You go to those conventions to actually go to a convention and any drinking is done pretty much among your own group outside of the convention itself. Whereas acen you will likely see ambulances , damage to the hotel, and day drinking. I am not condoning people should be assholes but it's unfortunately what the con is known for. Look at the old acen archives and as the years pass complaints regarding drinking and drugs multiply. I know several people who no longer attend because of how much the convention changed. I personally still enjoy going still but I can see why people have switched over to Midwest or c2e2.

How the convention is perceived is not about rules. If I had kids I would not bring them there. I know people with kids who made that mistake. Acen can say they are a family convention but they are drifting away from that.
>>
>>9477999
>I am not condoning people should be assholes but it's unfortunately what the con is known for.
And this is something that I'm trying to dissuade anon from doing.

I'm not saying don't try and party. I like con parties. But I am saying that it should be done in conditions that don't bring harm to other people or cause trouble for the establishment. I don't know anon, and I don't know their mind state. Maybe they are capable of doing hard drugs responsibly. But if the ambulances and whoever keeps pulling the fire alarm are to go by, then I'm going to guess they're a sperg and give them the safe way first and foremost.

Also anon who asked, if you are not a sperg then try and understand where I'm coming from at least?
>>
>>9477890
Ugh. Assholes like you are what ruined Acen.
>>
>>9477890
>my uni's
>should I bring coke?

Why are you dabbling in that stuff? Better yet, why the fuck would you bring it to an anime con where there is a large underage attendance? You must not give a shit about potentially pissing away your education. Let's see you try to find a job to pay back your student loans when you've caught a felony for possession of narcotics.

Fuck off back to /soc/.
>>
>>9478013
This, if you wanna party, don't be an asshole. Know your limits. Kids go drink way 2 much cause they're retarded.

Doing hard drugs? Eh not a fan but you do you senpai.
>>
File: 2_of_Clubs.jpg (99KB, 358x509px) Image search: [Google]
2_of_Clubs.jpg
99KB, 358x509px
>>9476883
I did Dead Sea/Decanus for AM once and it took time. I got all my feathers from the same JoAnns which kept running out (There were 25-40 in my headpiece IIRC). I had the time to let them keep restocking though.

Recruit/Praetorian would go by much faster. Less sports gear, less feathers, less decorative bits. Spend the extra time making cool props, the game's loaded with them. Making the Liberator was my favorite part of the whole thing.
>>
>>9478566
Avast to Caesar.

You're saved from the cross on account of NOT being a filthy profligate.
>>
>>9478636
Ave amicus.

Good luck on the cosplay. Serve the legion well.
>>
>>9478013
It feels like it escalated after Reactor shut down.
>>
>>9478566
I remember you anon, I was so excited to see a quality Decanus there.
>>
>>9478714
Is/was that a club or something? Details?

Googling Reactor Shutdown just leads to nuclear reactors.
>>
>>9479090
Anime convention. Theres bound to be at least one anon here that went but from what I heard and stumbled upon a vid, Anime reactor's party scene would be like ACen's but at least 2x bigger.
>>
File: F.S.S..png (171KB, 827x374px) Image search: [Google]
F.S.S..png
171KB, 827x374px
Since we're posting cosplays. My line up.
>>
So are we going to do a classic /cgl/ meetup? Anyone got a groupchat for this or should someone set that up?
>>
>>9479364
I think a time for each day will do. In the event the thread 404s, just repost. I vote 5pm Friday, 7pm Saturday. People are checked in Red Bar is open and hopefully not crowded enough where a sizable group can't be seated.

Any other meets can just be announced in the thread in case someone just wants to hang out. The best area to meet imo is the couch area that surrounds the elevators. Easy to get to, and literally the first thing you'll see coming up to check in.
>>
>>9479249
Reactor was NEVER anywhere near as big as Acen, and therefore, it's party scene has always been smaller still.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1494881359312.jpg (109KB, 843x843px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1494881359312.jpg
109KB, 843x843px
When acen posts the second part of the Good Smile List and you see this a bit later.
>>
>>9479620
Yep, Im going to AMW again for more Trigger. I hope they bring Yoh Yoshinari haha.
>>
>>9479709

As an insider, there's a surprisingly good chance of that. I was told something like 3 or 4 people.
>>
>>9479385
If we do Red Bar make sure people bring I.Ds so we can drink. (I might even buy a round of Shots)
>>
>>9478013
Don't worry I understand completely. The reason I asked here is because I'm definitely conscientious of shitting on the good time of the heads the con's meant for or doing anything to help damage their existing scene as an outsider. I know how to handle myself without a doubt but I can't speak for anyone else - since it sounds uncommon, I'll stick to liquor.

>>9477942
Sorry if it wasn't clear, I meant if I should bring it for the hotel parties, like as a nicety to offer so you're not imposing. What is the age group like for the after hours scene? Are they adults mostly or do underageb& try and hang around getting drinks? I assume when people talk about ambulances etc. it's from first time kids.

>>9477928
Thanks. I'll bring cash for merch anyway, doubt I'd trust the drugs available there. Thanks for tip on sniffers. Is that rave worth going to? I'm definitely going to the outdoor one on Saturday Ito is hosting. I read some comments on past Acen's that the lines gotten really big and it's pretty rave-degenerate inside for the official one.

Also is water expensive inside?

>>9478148
<3
>>
>>9479924
you're almost as bad as the fag who was trying to promote their bdsm orgy
>>
>>9479924
>What is the age group like for the after hours scene?
Panels require IDs so there's not really any point in anyone under 18 to be out. There are some teens sprinkled around, and I think the rave is all ages so there's that.
>Are they adults mostly or do underageb& try and hang around getting drinks?
Both. And jailbait looking for a hook up. I went to a party once and someone was 17 and drinking. They looked over 21 and weren't idiots about it so they blended in. Just gotta watch out.
>>
>>9479924
gross. you sound like a real creep
>>
>>9479819
Do people really not bring IDs when they leave the house?
Or do you mean fake IDs, cause drinking with a bunch of underage people sounds kind of lame
>>
>>9480130
>Do people really not bring IDs when they leave the house?
I think they meant bringing it to the actual bar. Not everyone carries their wallet around. Understandable when cosplaying and not wanting to have to put your bag or possessions on the ground if someone wants a photo.
>>
>>9480028
>>9479933
Lel I'm not sure if it's for bringing up recreational drug use or something else but I'm sorry to have offended. I've had most of my questions answered (thanks again) so enjoy your thread.
>>
>>9479933
are you talking about that MaryJanePayne dude from fetlife? if so, eww lol
>>
>>9479924
>Is that rave worth going to?
Synergy is amazing. Soap Bubble is usually kind of dumb, but banvox is playing this year.

>going to the outdoor one on Saturday Ito is hosting
He has nothing to do with it outside of name-only

>lines gotten really big and it's pretty rave-degenerate inside for the official one
Lines are long, but it goes by fast once it opens and naive anime kids leave because "the music was too loud"

>is water expensive inside
Probably.
>>
>>9480130
I meant if we want to enter the Red Bar you'll need I.Ds or if some of the older folks wanna buy drinks.
>>
>>9479933
what's wrong with an orgy? im down as long as the shrimp is fresh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke0nzpMIyNo
>>
File: Frederica.Bernkastel.full.263003.jpg (781KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Frederica.Bernkastel.full.263003.jpg
781KB, 1000x1000px
Thank god for this thread. You guys aren't cancerous compared to the Facebook groups. The unofficial group makes me want to drink bleach.

Are there any Umineko cosplayers attending and want to meet up?

Pic related: Cosplaying as Bernkastel Friday for the When They Cry gathering.
>>
>>9480373

LOL. I know exactly who you're talking about.

>>9479603
Reactor may have been smaller, but if you think their party scene was smaller than ACEN's then you never attended Reactor. That con was a complete shitshow from start to finish.

>>9480685
Fuck off, Ben Snow.
>>
File: hqdefault (39).jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (39).jpg
24KB, 480x360px
>>9480685
>Yuki
>Meaning "Snow" in Japanese
>Ben Snow
>Mentioning the Facebook groups

We get it. You enjoy causing drama and conflict between the ACEN Facebook groups and /cgl/ because you have nothing else going for you in life outside of conventions.
>>
Is there any way to sneak into main hall other than the main entrance?
I don't want to pay 50 usd or whatever it is just to look at artist alley and merch.
>>
>>9480884
yea.. i do it every year, pick the right time to go.. just be slyand walk thru NOT the main entrance if ya know what i mean
>>
>>9480884
How about you pay someone to buy you shit?
>>
>>9480761
No. Reactor was still smaller. Sorry dude. You're wrong. Right about it being a shit show from the very start, though.
>>
File: IMG_0268.jpg (53KB, 653x512px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0268.jpg
53KB, 653x512px
I can't come this year because I still recovering from my heart surgery. I'm not going to over exert myself for a con that's been going down hill for the last 5 years.
>>
>>9480833
>niggers ruining acen again
baka
>>
>>9481030
Good luck recovering from your heart surgery! : D
>>
When you spend $160 on beer and snacks for the weekend. Heh oops.
>>
>>9481349
I budgeted 200 bucks for booze this weekend
>>
It looks like there's gonna be big storms Saturday. What happens to the outdoor Cosplay gatherings then? Are they moved to somewhere else?
>>
>>9481369
depends on how big they are.
>>
>>9481369
welcome to Chicago spring
80 all week, except 50 and rainy on friday
>>
>>9481369
Most would be moved into the convention center panel room areas. You'd need to check each one individually on it's location since a few would be somewhere in the exhibit hall or just outside it.
>>
What's the best time to order Giordanos pizza?
>>
>>9481476
It's about 90 minutes any time after say 5:30. Just plan ahead.
>>
>>9481476
never, order lou's instead
>>
>>9481486
like, whatever, man
>>
Doing a few panels there. I submitted 4 on the idea that probability wise Acen would only accept 2 of them and then I would get a badge... but of course Acen goes and accepts all 4 of my panels so I played myself

One of them is restricted rock/paper/scissors. Too many panels at acen are slideshows/power points, so we thought something more interactive would be fun. Anyone want to stop by and give it a shot?
>>
>>9481515
what does restricted rock/paper/scissors even mean?

Also is that much work really worth the 60 dollars the badge costs?
>>
>>9481536
It's not hence why I played myself
>>
>>9481557
I meant for even just two.
>>
>>9481562
Two would have been fine as 2 hours of work is worth 60$ (that and when you consider you're just having fun with friends presenting then it's not really much of a big deal)
>>
File: sWw3Bbq.png (313KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
sWw3Bbq.png
313KB, 400x400px
>all four other people in my group tell me they can't go in the same week
>still no hotel
How fucked am I
>>
>>9481592
bruh
>>
>>9481595
I have very unfortunate luck
Sleeping in my car isn't a very viable option is it?
>>
>>9481515
I know you
>>
>>9481599
bruuuuhhh....
>>
>>9481592
>all four other people in my group tell me they can't go in the same week
You need better friends.
>>
>>9481599
If you have money the Hilton and the double tree have rooms on hotel sites for 250-270 a night
>>
>>9477890
I'm a lolita, I'll party with you anon
>>
>>9481606
What about hoping I find someone there who'll want to bring me back to their room?

>>9481608
Agreed. One got a job but the other three suck.

>>9481612
It's awfully steep but I might have to at this point
>>
>>9481634
Did you expect someone with a room or a house in the area would take a random (most likely male) person in to have sleep near them?
Especially near a big city, that's just asking to have your head caved in and your shit stolen if not worse.
>>
>>9481636
>Did you expect someone with a room or a house in the area would take a random (most likely male) person in to have sleep near the
That's what the forums/facebook is for. Someone looking for easy cash will accept.
>>
>>9481592
are you a guy or a girl?
>>
>>9481636
Not really, it was mostly a joke

>>9481640
I'm male
>>
>>9481632
And I'll be sure to watch Monday's news for a missing persons report
>>
>>9481483
Thanks. I'll just order once I check in to the hotel.
>>9481486
Out of delivery range, unfortunately.
>>
>>9481638
Has anyone else had experience with rooming with some random off FB before?
>>
>>9481701

I did my second ACEN. It was my first year in the Hyatt, and I crammed a good 11 people in my double bed room. Basically had randos pay for my room and then some.
>>
>>9457350
most cons I go alone, and i meet people there/hag with them
>>
>>9463726
theres a guy who cosplays as jesus basically every year for chicago cons, lol
>>
>tfw you can't bring your third costume because lack of suitcase space
>can't bring another bag because of hotel space
>>
File: image.jpg (5KB, 62x67px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
5KB, 62x67px
>>9481723
Wear it on the trip in the.
>>
How do they decide what cosplay gatherings get what times? Some of these are bizarre, like Konosuba and League at 1 pm Friday, but Life is Strange at 3 pm on Saturday? Fire Emblem and Final Fantasy I would expect to be on Saturday too.
>>
File: Furiae.png (257KB, 455x768px) Image search: [Google]
Furiae.png
257KB, 455x768px
>>9457717
Super late reply but just seeing this.

>tubee
>not original Nier
>not Drakengard in general
I think I'd freeze on the spot if I ever saw a Furiae in person. Everyone's jumping on the robutt train without even getting past ending A.

The waifus were presented on a silver platter for DoD3 but they didn't take off so everyone ignored them.
>>
Hey guys - wondering if anyone in the Chicago area or familiar with the public transit can help me out?

Me and a friend of mine are taking a train from STL to Chicago and then public transit (blue line I THINK) to the Rosemont area to our room at the Hyatt. I have never used the public transit in Chicago... Any advice or suggestions?
>>
>>9481875
CTA is generally reliable and punctual. Buses are $2, and the L is $2.25. Since you're riding the Blue Line, you're going to mainly get people going to O'Hare; the Green Line is the sketch one but you don't need to take that.
And yeah, if you're arriving at Union Station then you'd be taking the Blue Line towards O'Hare. If you haven't already, Google maps have a feature for you to check public transportation routes.
>>
>>9481875
You take the Clinton Blue Line to Rosemont, yes. The blue line entrance is ~10 min walk away from union station, and Rosemont stop is another 10-15 min walk from the Hyatt/convention center.
>>
>>9481884
They could also take the Canal line which is right across from the station and save on walking, but spend more time on the train.
>>
File: 1493227453968.jpg (84KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1493227453968.jpg
84KB, 960x960px
>Just moved to Chicago and want to go to ACEN
>But also want to put my con money aside for going back down for HolMat in Orlando and meet with my friends
>>
File: 1456970538556.png (153KB, 378x410px) Image search: [Google]
1456970538556.png
153KB, 378x410px
>>9481852
Miraculous: Ladybug/Noir: Cosplay Gathering
05/20/17; 11:30 AM – 11:55 AM

Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug and Chat Noir: Cosplay Gathering
05/19/17; 12:00 PM – 12:55 PM

Wait what? Why are there 2 for something non anime and last I checked didn't have that much of a fandom? Are there any others with more than 1 slot?
>>
>>9481893
FF technically has two, there's a dedicated FF one and a general Square Enix one. League and Persona have two, but those are usually pretty huge gatherings, so I understand. Tales also has two, and I've never seen many cosplayers from that. Steven Universe has two as well.

>Robot Chicken
Is this shit serious?
>>
>>9481885
Just depends on how much shit you have with you. I live off the blue line, so it's easier for me to navigate it haha
>>
File: IMG_6685.png (784KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6685.png
784KB, 750x1334px
Hyatt is bringing back the food trucks, fuck yeah.
>>
File: LEDeiWi.png (723KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
LEDeiWi.png
723KB, 853x480px
I think it'd be beneficial if we listed needs and what we can offer here, since the con is nearly here.

>Hotel situation
Looking for a room spot currently. Very preferably one of the connected hotels, and preferably somewhere between $90-$120.

Possibly, POSSIBLY may have a Doubletree entire room given to me though. If I have to pay a decent amount, how many of you would still need rooms? Might charge small fee like 80 or 100 to recoup the cost but manageable.

>Ride situation
I CAN technically get there myself, but I really don't want to pay for parking since I won't be driving all that much. And a bunch of other reasons. I'd much rather ride with someone, can help pay for gas. From Racine, WI, so if anyone in the area has any room...but if nothing else, I'll be able to find my way there.

BTW this me >>9476883

>>9478566
Thank you, in the end, trying to get a room and ride has consumed all my time, and the anxiety has only increased, since the two separate people who had messaged me about a room opening weren't responding. So no costume again this year, sigh.

>>9477890
Just go nigga, you don't even have to dress up, it's fun.

But don't fucking bring drugs. Every year I can go I keep a count of the ambulances who have to cart stupid idiots away. Don't be one of them. Got into a fight with someone who I'm sure was coked up to the gills. It didn't end well for him.

As for any 'adult' things like 18+ panels, dances or places with alcohol, they card, so make sure you bring your ID. No if's and's or but's.

And don't do stupid stuff which ends up breaking things, like sliding down the railings. You will pay for damages, and it's just an asshole thing for the poor staff to deal with.

>>9481592
I'm sort of in same boat as you, will tell if I manage to snag that room.

>>9481701
Roomed nearly every time with people from the forum. It's generally been well.

>>9481973
Oh thank God.
>>
>>9481903
I see. As for Square, yeah I certainly understand since it has a lot of franchises under its belt that may not be big enough for their own meets. Like Hitman.

>>9481997
>I think it'd be beneficial if we listed needs and what we can offer here, since the con is nearly here.
This is a bit of a stretch, but is anyone else cosplaying from Gangsta that'd like to hang? I'm sure the cosplays will flare up once the new season hits.
>>
>>9481592
Boy. You're fucked.
>>
>>9481875
STL bro here.
There's a blue line train about 10 mins away on foot by the Amtrak station. The train goes to Rosemont. Rosemont station is walking distance from the main hotels. The train ride to Rosemont is about 45 minutes.

CTA is safer than the Metrolink(they got actual cops and 3rd party rail police on the shit) but I'll still be careful cuz Chicago
>>
>>9481883
>>9481884
>>9482102

Thanks a lot anons!
>>
>>9477928
were the dogs drug sniffing or bomb sniffing?

>>9477890
sure, bring coke. people normally bring hallucinogens normally and regular rave drugs (ketamine, mushrooms, lsd, etc - knew people going around cons shroomed and got laced with acid accidentally)
>>
>>9480265
hey drugbro. there's a LOT of cancerous SJWs in this board. beware of that.
>>
>>9479935
17 is legal in illinois btw.

>>9480884
not as easy as at midwest, but im sure its possible. just be sneaky like.

>>9481997
if all else fails, sleep in your car. I know someone who does that.

>>9477890
i recommend bring more hallucinogenic stuff (lsd, dmt, k, etc), a lot of con people dont really like cocaine much. or just bring a bunch of weed (brownies, vape oil with a vape, joints with grinders). and store most of it in a hotel room.

and be very careful who you give that shit out to, given the security/police presense and whatnot. It's not a rave where you can openlytake shit in public and whatnot
>>
File: 1392321460624.jpg (90KB, 604x558px) Image search: [Google]
1392321460624.jpg
90KB, 604x558px
Am I crazy? Am I an an alternate universe where everywhere is Detroit? Is it the new thing to hand hard drugs out like cheap candy? I could have sworn it was fine to not want those kinds of things.

>>9482266
>there's a LOT of cancerous SJWs in this board
>not wanting drugs at a con
>SJW
You must be 18 or older to post here anon.

>>9482271
>i recommend bring more hallucinogenic stuff
I recommend you keep your drugs at least 5 miles away and not being the source of more property damage and teens in hospitals.
>>
I'm gonna be wandering the con by myself most of the weekend, basically have no plans, and don't really care about partying/drinking with randos.

What should I do to avoid killing myself out of boredom?
>>
>>9482280
Party and drink with randos
>>
>>9482280
I do the same, however I tend to latch myself on to a group and make friends.

Take pictures, go shopping, go shopping at the Fashion Outlet if you have major cash on you. Sit at a panel if it interests you, and if not, don't be afraid to just leave. There's also the gaming room and I hope they have Project Diva.
>>
File: 1479047228115.jpg (85KB, 1363x760px) Image search: [Google]
1479047228115.jpg
85KB, 1363x760px
Me again here >>9481997

The offer is about 420$ for the Doubletree room, Friday to Sunday. So how many of you are still panicking for a room? If I can get three other people, that brings it down to a manageable 100 for all of us. I haven't taken the offer yet though, but it's there. He would like an answer by evening time though.

If I don't hear from the other crew I'm trying to get room space from, might just take it and trust Fortune to bring people my way. Dunno.
>>
>>9482279
Sounds pretty normal. I'm not a drug user but I'm not opposed to smoking wed.
If you never noticed outside of the convention center smells like bud 24/7.

Raves are typically ment for shrooms and other tippy drugs a place to just zone and listen to crazy songs. I might go to the rave this year. It's just to loud. Usually the stuff I listen to is from r/a/dio. The rave plays hard style and all that other crazy shit.
>>
On a side note, don't fucking cause trouble in Rosemont. The cops there will shitcan you real quick. They don't tolerate bull.

Rosemont is where all the mob had their family actually living, back in the day. Take a guess at who some of the families where the cops come from even now are.
>>
Got accepted for the putumayo thing, they asked for me to let them available when i'm available for dress rehearsal. They still haven't responded with rehearsal times. Is it just me?
>>
>>9482279
What are you my mom or something?
>>
>>9482279
These are probably 18 year old kids or so, and they're using a con as a weekend away from their parents to do drugs, try to have casual sex, and beg people over 21 to buy them beer. You see it a lot now with the GDQ's, 15-18 year old kids who just show up to drink and fuck, and barely set foot in the main activity area.

To use the old /tg/ image of degradation of fan-bases, they'd be the Reds, who show up only to party and try to get "cosplay sluts", without really caring about the actual activity at all.
>>
>>9482489
Teens ruin everything
>>
>>9482245
I'm leaning towards drugs. Basically most of the line was outside and inside was just a small portion that went fast past some officers and the dogs. Considering they don't allow bags at the dance due to drugs .even my fucking tiny clutch was against the rules despite being on their website as ok. It was pretty bullshit I took everything ok in front of them , shoved the bag into a friend's pocket and then they let me in.
>>
>>9482279
>I recommend you keep your drugs at least 5 miles away and not being the source of more property damage and teens in hospitals.

Alright CM Punk, I'll leave my weed needles at home so I don't somehow burn down the entire hotel or whatever.
>>
>>9482361
I'm >>9481592, I'm still looking so I'd be happy to have a place to sleep and shower
>>
File: freikorps.jpg (1MB, 3048x1968px) Image search: [Google]
freikorps.jpg
1MB, 3048x1968px
>>9482533
It's >>9482361 again, so just finalized and got the room after all. How much can you spare? I posted on the Roommate zone at the forums.
>>
>>9482279
>not wanting drugs at a con
>SJW

the person used the word 'creep' thats 'basic white bitch warning sign #9 or so. and SJW

>You must be 18 or older to post here anon.

im 26

>I recommend you keep your drugs at least 5 miles away and not being the source of more property damage and teens in hospitals.

roffle, i flat out told the dude 'be careful who you give this shit to' early on.

> at least 5 miles away

5 miles away is Chicago's city core

>e source of more property damage and teens in hospitals.

the shit I described doesn't cause property damage as a general rule.

>teens in hospitals.

i s;)aid be careful who you give it out to, nigga
>>
>>9482514
ahhh shit, in that case yeah that'd be sketchy as fuck.

At furfest last year I saw dogs, i asked the officer and shes said it was explosive dogs. but acen doesnt have that same history, lol.
>>
>>9482545
Do you have a steam account or discord you could contact through? I may be interested.
>>
>>9482279
>Is it the new thing to hand hard drugs out like cheap candy

Someone was giving out MDMA at soap bubble at an acen a few years ago, so its not unheard of. I dont think the police *ever* found them...

And of course, whatever causes all those ambulances (thats probably just alcohol poisoning)
>>
>>9482557
>not liking people who post about bringing hard drugs to a con, sneaking in without paying, and finding the bare minimum age girl to fuck without getting statutory rape is being an SJW

god damn dude, maybe /pol/ is more your speed
>>
>>9479249
>>9479603
>>9480761
>>9480991
i went to reactor its last year (2008? 2009?) it supposedly was a party con. i didnt see much party honestly, also the con was a bit ratchet (but its reactorr so thats redundant)

I thought KollissionCon replaced Reactor as the partycon though. when i went to kollission in 2013, there were a LOT of parties there.
>>
>>9482563
You found me alright, but for anyone else who is curious, it should be self obvious who I am. So far, status is you maybe going, and another person possibly.

Reminder the room is Fri-Sun
>>
What are some good places to eat besides Fogo and Hofbrauhaus. My friends want to go to Portillos and I'd rather blow my brains out than go and I need some alternatives to suggest.
>>
>>9482583
I posted about advice for them (responded actually). But, yes, I am redpilled, since you talked about /pol/. However....

....actually I am from /leftypol/ <(^___^)>
>>
>>9482601
food trucks?
I know a few sushi and japanese places in my area, but that's on the other side of O'Hare
>>
>>9482611
I meant a place to go somewhere and sit down.
>>
>>9482601
Theres the Fashion Outlets mall nearby that has a food court. If you and your friends feel like venturing out farther, 10-ish min drive away from the Hyatt there's a IHOP, a Steak n' Shake, and a Chipotle all near each other. Then there's a Denny's that's about a 15-20 min walk.
>>
File: all for one.jpg (78KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
all for one.jpg
78KB, 1280x720px
>>9482266
>>9480265
>if you're anti-drugs, you're an SJW
>no less than Trump has never touched drugs
>druggo celebrants like Vice revel in SJWery
>implying neoreactionary ideology isn't a response to drug promoting dominant culture

Are you sure you shouldn't be on 420chan? I'm not super bothered about it myself, but conflating SJWs with Straight Edge, let alone "normal" anti-drug beliefs is about the stupidest thing you could say. Maybe if you hadn't been burning your brain cells away, you'd have been able to figure this out.
>>
File: 1416327462485.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
1416327462485.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>9482361
Still available?
>>
File: 1489803285839.gif (43KB, 600x174px) Image search: [Google]
1489803285839.gif
43KB, 600x174px
>>9482656
Yeah, I am. And I do confirmed have the room now. How do you want to contact me to find out more? I have a topic on the Roommate Zone at the forums with contact details - or is there another method you wish to chat, like FB?
>>
>>9482659
Send me an email here and I'll shoot you my discord
[email protected]
>>
>>9482598
I'm >>9482533 again, and not >>9482563, I feel lost
>>
>>9482659
On second thought I think I'm just going to pull an all nighter. Thanks for planning this out though.
>>
>>9482691
have fun with that
>>
File: F-111 bullying.jpg (92KB, 540x465px) Image search: [Google]
F-111 bullying.jpg
92KB, 540x465px
>>9482686
Oh, you're someone else then? Well feel free to contact me too. Ill be out for a bit, but have my phone onto this thread. You can contact me over FB, Steam, forums - which do you prefer?

>>9482691
Fair enough, though you're going to stay awake for three days? Good luck, I guess.
>>
>>9482692
So far I've managed it for the past 3 years. The McDonalds down the street is a lifesaver.
>>
Tired of walking around in bulky, heavy cosplay in 85 degree Chicago weather all day? Come get tied up and spanked by some weeb at ACen's (now yearly) BDSM parties at the Crowne Plaza.

Thursday pre-party meetup at Redbar 10pm. Larger meetup at the Redbar on Sat 1pm (look for the big table and the asian Haruhi cosplayer). If you're curious to attend the parties, please come to one of the meetups to meet people and get room info. Play Parties in 4 blocks: 2 on Sat, 2 on Sun.

ACen Fet group:
https://fetlife.com/groups/67890

(pre-emptive NO U for whoever tells me to go back to /soc/):

NO U
>>
File: 1422805475700.jpg (10KB, 243x247px) Image search: [Google]
1422805475700.jpg
10KB, 243x247px
>>9482696
No just 2. I'm from the area so I mostly wanted somewhere right next door so I don't have to drive back and forth.

Anyways if anyone wants to meetup, maybe play some Magic or board games, I'll probably be in the basement of the Hyatt. I'm quite easy to spot as I have pretty long hair.

>>9482702
>>>/soc/
>>
>>9482696
Hello, sir. We at 4chan appreciate your posted erotic and suggestive chinese animation image. Please come get trampled on by high heels at:

>>9482702
>>
>>9482533
We may have space in the Double Tree (free breakfast. How old are you? Can you throw in on the room.

We have 5 in the room now, all guys in their 20's or early 30's. ACen oldfags.
>>
There any planned /cgl/ meet ups or will it be impromptu like usual?
>>
>>9482643
>Are you sure you shouldn't be on 420chan?

i go on there a times

>I'm not super bothered about it myself, but conflating SJWs with Straight Edge, let alone "normal" anti-drug beliefs is about the stupidest thing you could say

I called the person SJW because they used the term creeper/creepy, not due to drugs.

Also, anti-drug crusaders literally are the dictionary term/original term meaning for SJW before it turned into 'someone left leanign i hate'

>Maybe if you hadn't been burning your brain cells away, you'd have been able to figure this out.

maybe you can suck my dick instead, anon~
>>
File: 1493331229629.jpg (62KB, 216x300px) Image search: [Google]
1493331229629.jpg
62KB, 216x300px
>>9482705
>>
>>9480373
Eh, a trap is fine too
>>
>>9479933
I've been going to ACen for 11 years now when is was still an anime con and I've rolled there multiple times. Also took acid there once on Sat night...Don't like, harsh my con, man
>>
File: git.gif (461KB, 350x232px) Image search: [Google]
git.gif
461KB, 350x232px
My Yates Lightweight Assault Harness and Norotos Rhino 2 NVG mount arrived in the mail today for my BF4 copslay, talk about right on time. One more day!

>>9482702
>>>/soc/
>>
File: 1475532749530.png (209KB, 390x477px) Image search: [Google]
1475532749530.png
209KB, 390x477px
Anyone remember this gold from last year?
>>
>>9482734
gross
>>
File: 1492345109784.jpg (76KB, 759x847px) Image search: [Google]
1492345109784.jpg
76KB, 759x847px
>>9482734
>body: big
>>
File: 1332809891570.jpg (8KB, 176x137px) Image search: [Google]
1332809891570.jpg
8KB, 176x137px
>>9482740
undertale has replaced homestuck it seems.
>>
>>9482744
except it's as dead as homestuck
>>
>>9482744
Then team skull replaced Undertale.

And Overwatch supersedes team skull by a power gap.
>>
Anyone anons here play mtg or board games?
>>
>>9482749
Yeah, planning on going to the rooms for them
>>
>>9482751
Bringing any EDH decks? Initially I planned to have something ready for standard but standard is just in too shitty of a condition right now, so I'll just be bring my modern deck and some edh decks with. Hopefully quite a bit of drafts will fire like last time.
>>
>>9482744
Eh, Homestuck fandom is somehow still "alive" and as full of underage b&s as ever despite the years flying by.

Undertale has actually died down quite a bit since it doesn't have the autism fuel that Homestuck provides in terms of low effort cosplays and OC potential. Undertale kinda "replaced" Homestuck in 2016 just by being super popular but even the diehard fans are still less worse than your typical HS fan shittery.
>>
>>9482752
I've got an EDH deck but it's pretty jank. I'll be bringing it, though.
>>
>>9482725
"Trap"

He's a 40 yr old hon that genuinely thinks he is cute and passable. Nah.
>>
>>9482601
How the fuck do you not like Portillo's?

You'd really rather blow 60 fucking bucks a person at a Brazilian grill?
>>
File: 1355365953272.gif (2MB, 265x303px) Image search: [Google]
1355365953272.gif
2MB, 265x303px
>>9482601
How far are you willing to travel? If you're okay with going into the loop (it's pretty easy to get to given a short trip on the blue line), there's an amazing restaurant called Au Cheval with probably the best burger in America.
>>
>>9482716
i called him a creep bc he's investing a lot of effort into getting a read on the atmosphere of the con. what drugs to bring, how are the girls, etc. im not against drugs, but that sure is fucking CREEPY
>>
>>9482775
I'm dealing with people who think Hofbrauhaus is too expensive.
>>
>>9482778
They're in exactly the same price range. There are some good spots in Wicker Park nearby that aren't too expensive like XOCO, and kizuki ramen and izakaya
>>
>>9482771
this
>>9482601
>My friends want to go to Portillos and I'd rather blow my brains out

What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>9482786
the difference I'd assume is the loop is at minimum a $5 fare and 1-2 hours to take the blue line in.
>>
>>9482793
It's not fare based for the CTA, it's just $2.75 a ticket for where ever you want to go. It should only take about 45 minutes to get into the loop.
>>
>>9482795
I just call it fare when you pay for transport
and it's $5, 2.50 to get on the platform and get there, then 2.50 to get back on when you come back
>>
File: 1484659348945.jpg (127KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
1484659348945.jpg
127KB, 1440x810px
>>9482708
Too lazy to tell you to get back to soc. And I couldn't get cosplay done in time so sorry sorry.

>>9482712
Ah another Doubletree group? I guess we can split up refugees between us then?
>>
Are the web/android versions of the Guidebook app not running properly?

My girlfriend can see the panel schedule on Iphone but I can only see the maps/vendor list/FAQ.
>>
>>9482771
>>9482792
Portillo's is good as fuck.

LITERALLY perfect onion rings.

>>9482601
Get some taste.
>>
>>9482712
>>9482802
I'm an early 20s male with a vidya cosplay outfit who doesn't talk a lot, who won't kill me in my sleep?
>>
>>9482792
I live 5 minutes from portillos and I'm burnt out on it
>>
>>9482771
Bruh I blow my wad out during con season, you're telling me that if money weren't an issue you wouldn't choose fogo over portillos?
>>
File: 1479128626851.png (2MB, 1279x716px) Image search: [Google]
1479128626851.png
2MB, 1279x716px
>>9482833
Well I have five people possibly right now, including me. You'll be fine, most of their party and the confirmed seagull are also apprehensive, so you lot can bond over that. I've done this for years with random people, every time I have a blast. I assure you it will be fine.

Wait for other guy to post too. But if he not okay, I have room.
>>
>>9482814
Huh? I can see the schedule fine on web: https://guidebook.com/guide/80601/schedule/#date/05-19-2017
>>
>>9482776
Trying to find out how a convention you are going to and the social scene is creepy? Especially say in comparison to other conventions/con types (if a con veteran) or in general (if a newbie)

The person flat out said they didnt give a shit about orgies, they just wanted to party. Why are YOU reading all this absurd assumptions into the person's behavior?
>>
>>9482776
check your neurotypical priviledge
>>
>>9482734
did this ever happen or was this fake
>>
>>9482761
passable to me, senpai
>>
File: 1388460138248.jpg (49KB, 600x558px) Image search: [Google]
1388460138248.jpg
49KB, 600x558px
>>9482853
>Trying to find out how a convention you are going to and the social scene is creepy?
>completely ignores discussion of legal age and trying to bang teen girls
I think your home is /a/.
>>
>>9482860
Get your eyes checked.
>>
>>9482842
Awesome, how would I get in contact with you?
>>
>>9482891
Meet me in the Hyatt I'll be wearing a black fedora and an olive utlity kilt.
>>
File: 1478715848702.jpg (95KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1478715848702.jpg
95KB, 1280x720px
>>9482891
Look up the post on the ACEN forums in the roommate section, it has my Facebook. The new thread about the Doubletree. If you don't deal with the Eternal Zucc, I can give my phone number too, just prefer not to publicly where bots can scrape it.

There also another Doubletree guy here, wait for him to respond too. But in any case, I'll help.
>>
>>9482906
>black fedora and an olive utlity kilt

Oh gawd, just say no.
>>
File: IMG_20170429_192310.jpg (2MB, 1944x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170429_192310.jpg
2MB, 1944x2592px
>>9465745
Have you try to Hotwire one? If you have a good credit/debit card, HOTWIRE IS AMAZING. I have used it for about 4-5 times with almost no problems. I plan on use it for ACen
>>
>>9482601
Portillos - Hot dogs are alright, but the Italian beef is worth trying out.

If you feel like hopping onto the train/Blue line get off Damon and you'll find a variety of restaurants. Umami Burger, Furious Spoon (ramen -eh), Pasta Bowl, Mirai sushi, Smoke daddy (pulled pork is good) and etc.
>>
>>9482708
What's erotic about getting bombed by F-111s dropping Daisy Cutters?
>>
>>9482916
I meant within 10-20 minutes. I can go to chicago whenever I want. At any rate, I found someone who was willing to go to Hofbrauhaus with me.
>>
>>9482853
Ah yes. Because it sure as hell isn't creepy bringing up "not being interested in orgies" and asking about the ages of girls when no one else is talking about that stuff. Sure. You're right. I'm the fucking sperg here.

I wonder if he'll make sure to introduce himself to every girl by informing them he's not interested in sleeping with them.
>>
File: oldhon.jpg (77KB, 909x598px) Image search: [Google]
oldhon.jpg
77KB, 909x598px
>>9482860
You have very low standards if you find this passable lol.
>>
File: Beatrix JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP.jpg (74KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Beatrix JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP.jpg
74KB, 1280x720px
>>9482891
Ah fuck it, >>9482908 is me, here's the forum topic https://www.acen.org/forums/index.php/topic/47596-for-you-last-minute-birds-room-available/

Zuccbook would be the easiest way to chat at the moment, since phone is on charge. But you can also email.

Obviously I can't say openly more than four people, but right now, one confirmed seagull, possibly a group of three (who look like they'll say yes), and me. And said seagull MAY bring a friend onto the plane. There is one other guy on forum who I haven't heard back from but who did add me on FB (I think), so that's our occupancy at the moment as of right now. If EVERYONE goes, six, if the maybes don't follow through, two.
>>
>>9477942
>That one even like 2 years ago when a guy on acid asked me to help him hold up the window frame in the bridge between the Hyatt and the convention center
>>
>>9479347
Isn't there suppose to be a virgin killer meet up?
>>
lookin for someone to go to synergy with and preparty before it???
>>
>>9482978
same dude
>>
>>9482858
Apparently it did. It was broken up by IRT.
>>
>>9482978
Is Teddyloid playing synergy or soap bubble?
>>
>>9482594
I think the last year I went to Reactor some jackass tossed in a whole case of ramen into the hot tub because they were super high and wanted to eat all they brought with them in one sitting.
>>
Unfortunately I wont be going this year as my wife just had a baby 2 months ago. But seeing as how Im on a couple of the acen Zuccbook pages I dont think Im missing out on much. Past couple years the con has gone down the shitter. Lackluster guest list, the con basically becoming almost half rave, the crowds of spergs roaming about wrecking shit and getting all manner of EMS units called. FFS, I think last year there was close to 18+ ambulances called over the whole weekend.
>>
>>9483054
While I don't think it's gone downhill, and still remains interesting, the Ambulance count from 2015 I think was 30ish, at least by my count and asking others.

But if you abandon something, then you're assured it falls into shit, instead of the possibility of righting the ship.

It can still be saved, comrade. Next year.
>>
Anyone making it in tomorrow for early will call?
>>
>>9483085

Okabe on Friday and HUNK on Saturday, yeah. Me and 3 others at Embassy Suites on Thursday.
>>
TODAY'S THE DAY

Well not of the con but when we leaving to it
>>
>>9482963
I heard about it from a friend but it's not an official meet. I'll switch my outfit up if need be, but I don't know when and where the meet is.

Gonna look insanely tacky though since I'd need to wear a bra (thanks negroid genes) and it looks so much better without.
>>
>>9483170
I dont quite remember since it was just a glancing look on Facebook but I think it was Friday at 8pm near the bar
>>
>>9483223
Hyatt of course>>9483170
>>
>>9483223
I'll keep an ear out then, thanks.
>>
>samurai jack finale during the rave

FFFFFFFUUUUUU
>>
>>9483257
Just watch it on your phone. In the rave.
>>
> asking about coke
> don't cause property damage!

BAKA I wish people would realize coke (or for that reason even meth or PCP) is not going to turn you into some crazed rampaging gorill
At best you'll look like an overly excited con newbie
At worst like a guy with a bad nervous tick

There's plenty of ppl that go to cons to party. And no, it doesn't involve red pilled creepers trying to drug innocent young girls or some shit.
>>
Anyone know till when the will call booths are open today?
>>
>>9483320
>BAKA I wish people would realize coke (or for that reason even meth or PCP) is not going to turn you into some crazed rampaging gorill

In this post: A fucking retard giving advice that is going to get someone killed
>>
>>9483329
that's not advice anon

I still wouldn't recommend anyone do them, especially in a social environment, especially outside, especially the first time. In fact, just stay the fuck away from them.

But the people you see going crazy in ghetto gas stations have a lot more going on than being high
>>
How is everyone's acen prep. I woke up with shooting pain in my eye. Tried to wash it out. Didnt work. Drove to work in pain. Tried using their eye wash. Hurt more. Went to er since it was the only thing open at 6am. They processed me threw up their hands and said they couldnt help me. Went to an optometrist. Told me i had scratches on my eye. Likely an eye lash or something got in my eye while i was sleep and my unconscious rubbing scratched my eye up. It appatently is pretty common. Now i have some drops and i have to wear my glasses so i'll look like a nerd in my cosplays. Good shit.
>>
Angelic Pretty is looking for volunteers to work their booth at ACEN! They prob won't provide you with a badge since they're not paying you to work...
>>
>>9483320
> BAKA I wish people would realize coke (or for that reason even meth or PCP) is not going to turn you into some crazed rampaging gorill

Sure, whatever you say, retard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZLPhBSDOu0
>>
>>9483344
Wait. So they're asking you to come in your best, that they wont even provide- not pay you, and expect and or hope for you to have prior retail experience at the very last minute before the con.

That's incredibly unreasonable especially without compensation.
>>
>>9483345

You simply have no idea what you're talking about.

You can find examples of people going crazy on anything, including nothing. Mental illness does not have to be drug related.

This guy's toxicology report showed amphetamines/methamphetamine.

Half the fucking kids are on amphetamines via ADD meds and I've seen 14 years olds be on meth (Desoxyn) prescribed.

They don't go crazy. If you abuse it, and stay up for several days, you can go crazy. If you have mental issues to begin with you can go crazy.

You can go crazy on alcohol, too. Or weed.

Most people that do any of those things don't, hence my point. And if you look at consumption statistics vs incidents, you'll find that the big bad drugs aren't all that worse for you, and in most cases people that use them are fine. If you are in school you will very likely interact with people on speed daily, and you would never notice. It is a question of dose, and general mental health.

But when people talk about booze they understand that you can be social and not an alcoholic. You can do the same thing with other drugs. The only negative effect I've ever had from stimulants was being tired the next day more than usual.
>>
File: 1422834935052.gif (2MB, 350x255px) Image search: [Google]
1422834935052.gif
2MB, 350x255px
>>9483333
Nice repeating numbers

Anyone going up today? I'm going to grab my will call badge
>>
>>9483339
Is it the eye? Or does it feel like it's being pushed in? If so iktf. It sucks but just sleep it off and take asprain
>>
Live right by the rosemont convention center. If you guys want some Japanese food, I recommend sakura sushi, dotombori, misoya, and mitsuwa. They are all within about 20 minutes or so of the convention center. Mitsuwa is an especially cool place to check out if you're into anime and japanese culture.
>>
>>9483391
Dr. Says my eye has several minor scratches. I have to apply drops 4 times a day for week. So i'll be ok by colossalcon.
>>
any non degen druggie people wanna hang out?
>>
>>9483393
Mitsuwa is going to get crowded during the weekend.
>>
>>9483393
There's also Tensuke, but you have to go through the giant speed trap know as Elk Grove to get there
>>
>>9483414
Depends what you are into
>>
>>9483072
I still like the con...just not most of the attendees who like to get drunk and/or high and go running through the hotels, the parking lots, and con floor like it is their first foray into a public place. Like FFS, I know weebs/otaku/nerds get a bad rap for being socially awkward but the amount of cringe from some of these people who should be well past their awkward kid years is enough to pucker my ass so much I could crap out diamonds.
>>
>>9483414
Are you hot?
>>
Any seagulls in line?
>>
>>9483460

We've been going to Mitsuwa during con for 13+ years now. We go Friday or Saturday for lunch, depending on panel scheduling. It's never that crowded.
>>
>>9483508
nope
>>
This is the first time since my first year I'll be going Friday-Sun instead of Thursday.
>>
>>9483546
me too apparently. got fucked on vacation days...
>>
File: IMG_0784.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0784.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Is there any possible way to save this last minute?
>>
The screeching autism has already begun
>>
>>9483554
Wash, flat iron maybe? Otherwise i'd toss the thing
>>
>>9483558
Whats the meme this time?
>>
>>9483353
>That's incredibly unreasonable especially without compensation.

Chill out! It's just a 3 day convention.
>>
File: GDR feels.png (396KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
GDR feels.png
396KB, 800x1000px
>>9483546
>>9483553
There may be time to salvage this, maybe we can all try to get a room for Thu?

Or do you guys know anyone who has just a Thursday room slot open? I'd hate to miss Thursday for the first time.
>>
>>9483558
You're right, already had a couple retarded kids try to play chicken with my car on the way home
>>
>>9483711
It never gets old seeing drivers screaming at kids in costume when they try to jaywalk across
the Bryn Mawr and N River Road crossing.
>>
>>9483320
>BAKA

Also, I fully support the consumption of PCP at ACen. Please bring as much PCP as possible. If you aren't sure if someone is over 16 (you really shouldn't be smoking if you're under 16), ask someone passing by to eyeball their age before you dose 'em.
>>
>>9483393
Gabutto burger's another that's kind of far away, but they have some neat stuff like tempura burgers
>>
>>9483746
Also, I fully support snitching on anyone who's giving out PCP at ACen. Please notify RPD officers as quickly as possible. If you aren't sure if someone is in possession of illicit drugs and you are suspicious, be sure to still notify the nearest RPD officer and they will take care of it.
>>
>Gabutto burger's
>Mitsuwa
>Tensuke
>Portillos
>Fogo
>Au Cheval
>Hofbrauhaus

All of these fancy names. None of them sound wallet friendly.
>>
>>9483339
It's a corneal abrasion. Your eye dries out at night and your eyelid gets "stuck" to the top layer of the cornea and rips it off when you first open it. It'll be good by tomorrow. You can get some OTC tetracaine eye drops for pain and an eye moisturizing eye drop / "cream" to put in for overnight.
t. Paramedic who sees an optometrist and gets the same thing.
>>
>>9483769
Portillos won't kill your wallet, it's American / Italian fast food. Dont know about the rest.
>>
>>9483769
they're not as expensive as you think
Gabutto Burger is like 6-7 dollars for a burger
Tensuke is like 10 for an entree
Portillos is Wendy's/McDonalds prices
>>
>>9483746
literally eyeball?
>>
>>9483804
https://youtu.be/EDKuvAmyAd0
>>
>>9483339
>>9483772
If only I was as lucky. Scar tissue leftover from an infection, and eyes that change prescription way too fast anyways to get Lasik. Be glad it's just that.

>>9483759
Rosemont PD will haul ass. They don't take no sheit.
>>
>>9483759
I've done a little bit of PCP at a con before anon. It was fun. I didn't go crazy and nobody noticed (or cared). I did mostly stick by myself and wander about on the peak. No screeching, no fights, and no cops. In fact, it was probably less disruptive than drinking a lot cuz drunks smell.
>>
I should be there around 12 tomorrow. Would anyone like to accompany me around? I promise I'm only half as facetious in person.
>>
Last time I went, only a few people showed up to the /cgl/ meetup. It was actually pretty boring.
>>
>>9483819
This is why next thread should have it in the OP so its not mentioned mid thread and people don't look and/or keep asking.

As I posted here, >>9477228 I think these should be the times. I called the bar and they said they would stay all ages for entry this time around and you only need ID to actually sit at the bar area.
>>
File: Dr_Thrax_by_Vinnie_Sift_Heads.jpg (159KB, 800x601px) Image search: [Google]
Dr_Thrax_by_Vinnie_Sift_Heads.jpg
159KB, 800x601px
>>9483815
Would like to, but I doubt I'm going to be there by 12, sucks.

I'm not a /cgl/ regular tho, so I have no idea who you actually are.
>>
File: 20170518_174119.jpg (3MB, 2880x2160px) Image search: [Google]
20170518_174119.jpg
3MB, 2880x2160px
Itansha ho
>>
>>9483839
It's alright, everyone's a stranger. I've posted my line up so I should be easy to pick out, I think.

Also ffs people please don't go around asking "Hey are you from the 4chan thread?" I tend to ask "Are you from the thread?" or some ask "Are you a gull?" /cgl/ phonetically sounds like seagull, hence the nick name.
>>
>>9483897
Are you an Otaku too?
>>
>>9482886
the other anon talked about banging teen girls, drugbro asked i presumed so he doesnt accidentally stick his dick in someone illegal.

>>9482947
>Ah yes. Because it sure as hell isn't creepy bringing up "not being interested in orgies"

someone else literally brought that up earlier in this conversation.
>>
>>9482888
>>9482950
im probably bi, and i hooked up with this trans woman a few months after she came out, and I had a weird boner for her even when I talked to her as a dude as she was cute even then.

maybe im a faggot :D
>>
File: IMG_8665.jpg (98KB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8665.jpg
98KB, 640x800px
>>9482776
Anon I'm just trying to minimize how much I impose on con folk as an outsider while still enjoying myself the way I do things. You're completely misreading it.

>>9482947
>>9482886
Dude what, I didn't ask anything about girls ages. I don't have any interest in fucking weeb girls let alone taking part in some gross orgy. I asked about age groups because I don't want to be responsible for dopey teens partying away from mom for the first time.

>>9481632
Fuck yeah, if you're serious, let's do it. Email in field, message me. I'm planning to be there early tomorrow for the princess tutu panel but realistically I probably won't make it till past noon. Or do I need to be early to avoid a line picking up the badge? I'm gonna bring a handle of gin & tonic, sake and maybe some addy. No time for cosplay, I'll just be wearing some CdG cuts. For the record I'm a techno/noise kiddie, pilsen basements etc, that's my scene; not a dudebro or drug degenerate. I want to avoid the autism and degeneracy as much as possible. I wanna see the DIY costuming things, some of the magical girls, VN & mecha panels (also yaoi one looks great; might even be down for the ero shit), pick up merch, check out cosplays, maybe play some vidya, get some good grub, day drink, party all night. If any of that sounds good to anyone message me.

>>9482978
>>9483414
Hmu
>>
File: IMG_9054.png (348KB, 394x549px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9054.png
348KB, 394x549px
>>9483923
[email protected]
>>
>>9483052
hahahahaha. i didnt see a hot tub the last year, so im guessing thats before shit got stupid and they had to jump hotels

>>9483015
well hot damn, ok then. what made IRT break it up? noticing the banging?
>>
>>9483942
>what made IRT break it up? noticing the banging?

Probably the smell
>>
>>9483919
i-i'm trans anon

and maybe cute
>>
>>9483815
I'm up for it since I don't really have any plans tomorrow other than wandering around. If you see some hamplanet dressed as Popuko, thats me.
>>
File: vaporwavenaysh.jpg (57KB, 501x466px) Image search: [Google]
vaporwavenaysh.jpg
57KB, 501x466px
>>9477890
>I'm going to throw together a quick vapor wave getup from my closet and goto that meetup to at least meet some people
I'm getting worried at the amount of people my friend's gathering is getting
>>
I want to go to actual panels this year so which ones should I avoid completely?
On friday I scheduled the metal gear, diy lolita, jojo physics and whose line panels and was wondering which ones are skippable
the jojo beauty pageant seems fine as does tokusatsu tropes
>>
File: IMG_5958.jpg (130KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5958.jpg
130KB, 960x720px
>>9481758
Good idea, but considering my armor will be in the front seat with me, I was doomed from the start.
>>9482605
Oh god I'm nauseous
>>9483554
Lotion + water + spray bottle. Shake well. Comb through. Works for me every time.
>>
>>9483326

10PM
>>
>>9484090
You should totally go and see the one about Yaoi from a feminist perspective.
>>
>>9477890
I'm friends with the guy throwing the meet up. Currently with him, told him about the coke. He said yes lmao
>>
>>9484109
I like my lolcows from a distance desu
any gulls recording that I would love to see though
>>
>>9483989
post a pic, anon. blurrred out if possible. :)
>>
>>9484064
squating slavs?
>>
>>9483989
Yeah, pics please.
>>
>>9484154
you can meet me in real life anon

i wanna party anyway
>>
>>9484157
Oh shit!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUubShUhO_U
>>
>>9483919
"SHE" isn't fucking trans. HE is very insistent about identifying as a man and just a crossdresser, being married with kids, and not being interested in hookups. So again... quit your lying. It's all on his fucking fet
>>
Anybody know of a good place to get into cosplay? I can't check into my Hotel room until a few hours after I get there tomorrow. Last year I just got dressed in my car / the parking garage as awkward as it is.
>>
>>9484168 Convention Center Bathroom
>>
>>9484090
Avoid Hentarmageddon. Totally cringe, not funny at all.
>>
>>9484168
Pretty much any bathroom desu, but you're safest from getting weird looks/hassled in one of the convention ones.
>>
>>9484175
Hentai panels are always a total letdown; especially dubbing panels because it's nothing but awkward guys sperging out and attentionwhores moaning into the mic.
>>
File: IMG_8157.jpg (48KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8157.jpg
48KB, 720x405px
>>9484110
sorry not happening, I blew through all my shit this week. I'll bring liquor in a Zona handle tho
>>
board game party at embassy 2nd floor dining area whos in?
>>
>>9484161
im not drugbro, but sure. have a kik or something to post here/email?
>>
>>9484285
CTAscendance
>>
>>9484164
theres squatting slave at con alt and furfest last year, theres probably some here too.

and probably an alt-right shitposting group as well.
>>
>>9484288
message'd kek
>>
>>9484262

Not much of a board gamer, sorry.
>>
>>9484166
Nigga, what are you talking about? What made you so salty.
>>
File: ALAREEMED SNEKEK.png (34KB, 259x179px) Image search: [Google]
ALAREEMED SNEKEK.png
34KB, 259x179px
Hate to attention whore again, me >>9482953

I would really like to hear from the other people who said they were interested or needed a room. What is the status? Is there anyone else who desperately needs a room? So far, as an update, four people and me in a room, including one seagull.

>>9483897
Well I'll try to find you I guess, since hanging out with people sounds like fun, but you won't sperg out on me for not having a cosplay this year, right?
>>
File: 20170519_050354.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170519_050354.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Heading out.
>>
File: sorwat.png (48KB, 228x257px) Image search: [Google]
sorwat.png
48KB, 228x257px
>>9484412
>won't sperg out on me for not having a cosplay this year, right?
I did? I don't remember this.
>>
May as well ask, do all the hotels get pissed if they find out you're more than four in a room, or is it just Hyatt?

>>9484470
Sorry, I didn't mean it that way. Meant you won't if we do hang out, right? Didn't mean you already did.
>>
>>9484472
Depends on the hotel and who's working. Got lucky last year at the Motel 6. Said they don't mind and expected it.
>>
>>9484472
Don't tell them. Put the DO NOT DISTURB sign up. Don't draw attention to yourself. 1st ACEN I did we had 7 to a room
>>
>>9484175
I won an Usagi Drop book last year. It was fun with friends.
>>
>this weather
Glad I'm in the Hyatt.
>>
>>9483926
>>9483923
My kik: village84
>>
>>9484412
I sent you a FB message last night, not sure if you saw it yet
>>
>>9483815
are you cute?
>>
>>9484605
Yeah, I ran into her last year.
>>
File: 1402963443822.png (165KB, 418x447px) Image search: [Google]
1402963443822.png
165KB, 418x447px
>trying to cut bangs just right
>bad cut
>have to toss entire wig out
This is what I get for trying to be accurate. T-time to buy an entirely new wig
>>
How long before we make a new thread?

IMO we should make one with the MEET UP INFO so everyone knows.
>>
>>9484629
Make a new one please
>>
Any gulls going to be in the physics of jojo panel? (Room 13)
>>
>>9483923
See

>>9484288
>>
Momiji with maga hat spotted
>>
Is anyone gonna talk about how the Hyatt has bedbugs? https://www.fb.com/gmarchan/posts/958488519704
>>
>>9484769
Neet
>>
>>9484598
I haven't and I'm looking at my Facebook messenger, and still no new messages.. What is your name?

Still looking? Are you sure you got my FB right?
>>
>>9484633
>>
>>9484769
Better burn your clothes when you get back.
>>
>>9484794
I'll send you a friend request, feel free to remove after the con
>>
New thread with meet time where? Also will be in Hyatt lobby area.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>9484746
Sighting confirmed! Awoo!
>>
File: french lies.png (1MB, 1030x578px) Image search: [Google]
french lies.png
1MB, 1030x578px
Alright, success, >>9484904 is with us, and with that I think my room is full. If any of you need a place to crash in a real deal emergency, I guess still contact and I'll see what I can do, and I'll keep this page open - but I think bookings now for the room are closed, unless the rest of the people agree on more.

But again, if it's an emergency..
>>
>>9484942
>>9484746
Awww wolfgurl doesnt have an AR 15
>>
Seagulls meeting anywhere?
>>
Red bar seems to be open but only if you intend to get service. I'm already inside with a friend. White dress and black heels.
>>
>>9485003
Where is red bar?
>>
>>9485012
2nd floor lobby, up the escalators, turn around
>>
>>9485020
Like by the panels?
>>
>>9485003
Also at the red bar sitting at bar awkwardly because I couldn't locate anyone.
>>
>>9485038
When you get to the top of the escalators turn left then turn left again.
>>
>>9485040
Lel id drop by but idk where tf it is and neither does anyone else
>>
>>9485044
Well if you figure it out I'll probably be here for a good bit.
>>
>>9485043
That takes you to the videogames
>>
>>9485049
Step one: are you in the Hyatt?
>>
Well the 1 person I talked to wasnt from the thread. May change into my Virgin Killer if no one shows. By the bar entrance.
>>
>>9485051
Yea lol. Direct me from the main panels section.
>>
>>9485055
Get to the floor where the check in desks are. Look towards the street. That is the red bar.
>>
>>9485054
What are you wearing? I'm between awkward nightwing and a guy whose drink is far too green
>>
>>9485056
How can it be both street level and on the 2nd floor?
Does the red bar even exist??
>>
>>9485058
It's not on the street level. You can look in the direction of the street without being on the street level.
>>
>>9485058
In order to enter the tavern red, you must first answer the sphinx's riddle.
>>
>>9485063
Fuck dude I'm just gonna play initial d. You can drop by if you want, I'm wearing all black and a green backpack
>>
is will call still open?
I got caught up at my job and only managed to get an uber just now
>>
500 in 4 more posts

make new thread
>>
File: image.jpg (72KB, 709x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72KB, 709x1024px
>>9484952
Thought about bringing my rifle as an alt, but I just don't want to deal with con security and things being tagged and bothered.
>>
>>9485097
I saw a guy with a P2000
>>
>>9485102
>>9485102
>>9485102
New thread
Thread posts: 500
Thread images: 89

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.