[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dutch Thread: "Endlessly Repeating the Same Arguments"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 33

File: opimage.jpg (104KB, 1438x1080px) Image search: [Google]
opimage.jpg
104KB, 1438x1080px
Previously, in our thread about sports, misquotes and having to walk through doors sideways >>9434544
>Drama about several things. What things? You will have to look for yourself.
>WIP shots of items nearing completion.
>The Party (gaming event) took place and had a cosplay competition.
>Make-up lecture when?
>Animecon will have an escape room, woohoo!
>Abunai ticket sales and hotel room reservations start on Wednesday. Beware, you need a credit card if you want to book a room!
>How owning a credit card in the Netherlands is pretty rare if you don't travel a lot.

The five next major events:
>Elfia (April 29th - 30th, Haarzuilens UT), an outdoor fantasy orientated convention.
>Formula Cosplay (May 6th, Rotterdam ZH), a small and cheap one day event about cosplay.
>Animecon (June 9th - 11th, The Hague ZH), a con that really needs no introduction.
>Castlefest (August 3rd - 6th, Lisse ZH), the other outdoor fantasy orientated convention.
>Abunai! (August 25th - 27th, Veldholven NB), a con where the hotel room hunger games start this Wednesday!
Our full con calendar with Google Calendar support can be found at https://www.churi.nl/agenda

Friendly reminders:
>POSTS MADE IN DUTCH ARE AGAINST GLOBAL 4CHAN RULES AND WILL BE REMOVED!
>We have a newcomers guide at https://churi.nl/newcomers-guide
>Defending yourself on /cgl/ only makes things worse. It's best to take things posted here lightly and just move on.
>Posting WIP pictures and/or progress about your current projects is encouraged.

Our /comfy/ Discord for comfy people:
https://discord.gg/RgaEYeK
>>
File: happy-japanese-lolita-23708804.jpg (217KB, 1300x957px) Image search: [Google]
happy-japanese-lolita-23708804.jpg
217KB, 1300x957px
That feel when your Abunai room is already secured.
>>
File: 4269647803_001edf9628_z.jpg (124KB, 500x330px) Image search: [Google]
4269647803_001edf9628_z.jpg
124KB, 500x330px
That feel when everyone around you is stressing out because they don't have a credit card and you do
>>
Excited for Elfia? What are you going to wear? Any activities you're going to do?
>>
I really do feel that most mods in the dutch lolita community dress like they're new to the fashion and need help with their coords.
>>
>>9446334
Stage an intervention at the next meet.
>>
>>9446346
I second this.
>>
>>9446334
They really don't. All the active mods dress well. What is with this weird vendetta?
>>
>>9446279
Credit Card masterrace!
>>
Is castlefest worth going to if you have to travel for 2,5 hours and you don't larp or cosplay? And I don't have anyone to go with either. I just wear jfashion and love castles.
>>
>>9446415
Personally I think 2.5 hours of travel isn't worth it. It is also focused on music a lot more than Elfia, so it is probably more worth it if you are into bands that are going.
>>
How's Utrecht to visit/weeb shopping? Im visiting an old internet friend before Brexit requires me to use a visa to step into the ocean, are any events near that?
>>
>>9446425
There's a Lolita shop called Summertales
>>
>>9446415
The food is pretty expensive too. I like the atmosphere, the people and the shops but all in all it's really expensive if you don't live near Lisse. Every year I tell myself this will be the last time I go because of how much I end up spending on food and traveling, but I keep coming back for some reason.
>>
File: oude gracht.jpg (4MB, 3600x2401px) Image search: [Google]
oude gracht.jpg
4MB, 3600x2401px
>>9446425
In my opinion Utrecht is pretty much Amsterdam with half the tourists being replaced with students. The Oude Gracht (translated "Old Canal") has a lot of neat little restaurants and bars right next to water and is considered a must visit by many. In terms of shopping you can find your typical franchises as well as smaller stores selling all kinds of niche items. Utrecht houses several comic stores ("stripwinkels" in Dutch) with "Whoops" probably being the most weeb-friendly, although I haven't been there for a while. You can also find a manga library known as the "Manga Kissa" in Utrecht which might be worth a visit depending on how many days you're staying. Another interesting location to visit is "Gamestate", which is the biggest (retro) arcade in the Netherlands and just opened last week. All of these things can be found in the city centre at walking distance from the central station. However if you feel like visiting a cinema and don't mind taking a bus for 10 or 15 minutes, you should definitely pay a visit to "Cinemec". Trust me, it's worth it.

In terms of events most major events are bilingual (Dutch and English) and in Utrecht you have Dutch Comic Con (March and November) and Firstlook Gaming (usually October). However from Utrecht you can reach Amsterdam CS and Den Bosch in less than 30 minutes from Utrecht CS, and Rotterdam CS, Hague CS and Eindhoven within 30 to 45 minutes by train. Day tickets for the entire train network are often on sale for €15 so you can easily roam around the country without having to pay a fortune. Our con calender has English descriptions for all cons and the locations linked to in Google Maps, so do check it if you want to visit a con: https://churi.nl/agenda

>>9446429
Summer Tales Boutique is located in Houten, not Utrecht. Still, it's only 23 minutes away from Utrecht CS so if Anon is into Lolita it's definitely worth a visit.
>>
>>9446308
I am! Going both days to take photos, so no costume. Let's hope for nice weather, Elfia is so much more fun than.
>>
File: britain-inanime1.jpg (48KB, 666x320px) Image search: [Google]
britain-inanime1.jpg
48KB, 666x320px
>>9446510
Wow thanks anon! It sounds like alot goes on there, now excited to start planning my trip. My dutch friend already told me Utrecht had good shopping/nightlife but I had been hesitant since no one here visits there really. Uk friend who is going with me has just visited Amsterdam for that 420 smonk lyfe.
I am into Lolita and intrigued by the store, will try to give a visit.
>>
>>9446411
Im pretty sure people have voiced their dislike for years now. It's not new.

And my god, they don't.
>>
>>9446544
You are Cat Bra. No doubt about it. This explains the vendetta lol
>>
>>9446615
..... even if you replied to the wrong anon, everyones English is to good to be Cat.
>>
>>9446615
>Cat Bra
Explain for those of us not in the loop, dear? Which vendetta are you referring to this time?
>>
>>9446643
*everyone's
*too good

It's late. I should catch some sleep.
>>
>>9446279
Same, and I don't even have plans to go to Abunai because I live abroad.
>>
>>9446308
I think I'm going to buy fabric to whip something up this week. Lots of white.
Looking forward to the dancing mostly.

>>9446415
It has more of a summer festival vibe and for me the best part is camping with friends, so if you aren't into that I'd say nah. The castle isn't that impressive.
A J-fashion meet at a castle would be cool though.

>>9446425
Summertales, Whoops and Manga Kissa have already been named. But there are a lot of boardgame shops around the Oude Gracht as well. Subcultures being my favourite.

>>9446477
The joy of camping also comes with the added benefit of cooking for yourself for cheap. And breakfast pancakes.
>>
>>9446308
Definitely excited for Elfia! Planning out my weekend as we speak, although it will most likely devolve into just walking in circles, looking at people, and be stopped by old friends. Maybe hit up the LARP field for a bit and then my day is already gone.

Speaking of events, I think this would be the perfect time to shill for the /cgl/ meet we're trying to set up!
>>
>>9446923
This anon gets it, always go camping with a few of your friend. Saves you on pretty much everything you can save on! Own food, own booze, own bed, and above all; a place to take off all that terrible plate armour and mingle with the same camping people from last year!
>>
>>9446923
We had a Paleis t Loo meetup last year. Not many people showed up desu.
>>
>>9446960
I always do the same as well! Hanging out at the camping after closing time, playing boardgames in the cantine! Unfortunately I can only go one day this year, but I will be back next year!
>>
>>9446960
>>9446982
Don't forget the silent disco!
My best castlefest moment last year was definitely the sunday evening though. After countless times of the squad saying they'd hit the hay and some of them doing that eventually I ran into my bestie while brushing teeth and we decided 4 AM was still to early so I moved my sleeping bag and sheepskin outside and we just layed down and watched the stars. Perfect ending of the weekend.
>>
>>9446970
I wish I could've gone but work and distance made it impossible. It's a shame because I love visiting castles and am the only one in my group of friends who's interested in that sort of thing.
>>
File: image.jpg (78KB, 535x557px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78KB, 535x557px
>>9446615
No lad, I'm just a once very lonely weeb who managed to join an online Dutch anime comm whilst growing up. Want to visit the few I still chat too.

>>9446923
Thanks anon, not overly into board games but will be good gift shopping places to get gifts for friends!
>>
>>9446615
nice misfire
Cat can be a cow but I don't think >>9446605 is her, aside from the English being too good she's also been to several meetups not wearing lolita at all so it would be a weird thing for her to criticise anyone over.

>>9446644
Girl in question was mad jelly of another girl who runs a blog and visited Japan, admitted to making a bunch of secrets calling her fat and ugly, was told to knock that shit off by everyone incl. mods and is now salty about the mods and the community in general.
>>
>searching archive for tea and receipts
>mostly find posts about Chinese cat-themed lingerie
well played, lady
>>
>>9446970
I'm still sad I missed that
>>
>>9447210
I personally like the story from Under The Sea more than this one. That's where she became even more cringy.
>>
>>9447414
I wasn't around for that so don't know the details. Something about being banned from the event, showing up anyway, then being asked to leave but refusing? I don't understand why someone who causes so much trouble is still part of the community.
>>
>>
>>9447427
I find it extremely hilarious that someone got b& for made-up shit, but this girl still runs around with no reprimands. Maybe anon thought that was corrupt?
>>
>>9447663
Now they are just being annoying
>>
>>9447750
Im actually really glad with this? Now im sure I actually get my CC in the mail before the sales.
>>
Alright, who thought that banner of the Belgium EGL group was a good idea?
>>
>>9447862
What does it look like?
>>
>>9447686
Who got banned for made up shit?
>>
Is Animecon worth going to?
Also has anyone been to the new Gamestate in utrecht? I want to play some fighting games in a real arcade but im not sure if they even have those games.
>>
>>9448641
Animecon is well worth a visit all weekend, but if you can only go one day you should definitely visit it on Saturday.
I haven't been to Gamestate yet but I'm definitely going to check it out the next time I'm in the neighbourhood although they probably have several fighters. I mean you can't have an arcade without Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter am I right?
>>
File: Lanyards.jpg (65KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
Lanyards.jpg
65KB, 720x960px
Animecon has new badges... with lanyards!
>>
>>9448694
Goodbye old badges, may the holes you left in my shirts forever remind me of you.
>>
I always wondered why Animecon doesnt have wrist straps like every other dutch con? I know America prefers these cards above wrists straps as well, just curious
>>
>>9448756
They can be a pain when you want to a photo-shoot since you can't easily take them off.
>>
>>9448756
Photoshoots i guess yea

>>9448821
Yeah it was on cosnl too and i was surprised ppl didnt go all sjw when others complained it wasnt d.va or cosplay and that she shouldnt post it
>>
>>9448821
:slowpoke:
>>
>>9448821
Cute
>>
>>9448821
Has somebody told her to go look for a BF on marktplaats? They're right not to the "kewt Leidsche cosplay gf".
>>
>>9448821
literally who
>>
>>9448821
why are you people so obsesed with these kind of girls
>>
>>9448756
Because of security and photo's
With photo's you can easily take badges off.
Security wise its even better: if someone is annoying or worse and you want to inform the staff, you can remember use the (nick)name instead of "tall guy with dark hair".
>>
>>9448821
I know her personally and she is a really nice girl. She always tries to help people. She just has fun being a maid and she is not that active in the comm, but she dresses in lolita once in a while.

I don't know what your problem with her is. The comments you posted are about a few posts she made this month.
>>
>>9448821
I met her at one of my first lolita meets (long time ago) and she immediately started shittalking other members of the comm to me even though I was new and never met her before. She seems incredibly efame hungry.
>>
>>9448919
this

>>9448921
some people are just worth shit talking about. I know at least one girl who annoys the hell out of me and deserves a warning label
>>
>>9448925
Now im curious who this girl is
>>
AJAX
>>
>>9448925
I still think it's incredibly tasteless to shittalk others to a person you just met. If that's the first topic of conversation then I highly doubt they're a pleasant person.
>>
>>9448933
Ah well, we all do it once in a while. Or we do it on here.
>>
Reminder to white knights who probably won't even read this, continuously making defensive posts will only keep the subject alive. A subject which I might add is old...
>>
>>9448941
Ofcourse we do, but just dont do it when meeting new people. It creates not only false potential images of others, but yourself as well
>>
>>9448972
Well, luckily we can't prove anything.

>Trying to switch topic
Anyone have some WIP for Animecon? I am curious to see what other seagulls are working on!
>>
>>9448821

I really like the fact you take photos from my "private" fb...

But idk what your problem is with me but you can always talk about it with me if you want to. Send me a pm and I will always be kind.

And I know I'm not that active in the lolita comm. But that has been ever since, I'm only active in the summer because of school.

And about the attention/insecure/bf part. As far as I know I never meant to say stuff like that.
Have had a bf for a long time and not really willing to get into a relationship now. So do I have a problem? well ummm nope.

Again, please pm me on fb, but I guess you will be to afraid to do that.
>>
>>9448984
why are you such a ho though? Pink stripes on your face don't make you D.va.
>>
>>9448984
Its not that people dont think ur not nice, because im pretty sure you are. People are just questioning your posts in groups. And desu im one of them.
Be carefull defending yourself on here btw, it sometimes makes it worse.
>>
>>9448821
I seriously don't recognise her personality in what you wrote. She's only a little bit naive from time to time (like with the D.va cosplay), but a sweet girl who really likes to help and to have fun.

Your obsession with some comm members really needs to die.

>>9448925
>some people are just worth shit talking about.

Like that girl who thought that illegals get free Museum Jaarkaarten from the government. I laughed so hard when I saw it.
>>
>>9448984
Just stop posting here and on cosplaynl, nobody cares about your shitty cosplays.
>>
>>9448931
FRANCIS!
>>
>>9449000

srsly... postS and cosplayS ?
I have posted once in cosplayNL and just getting into cosplay. Thank you but get your info correct please
>>
>>9449000
Actually please don't stop. You make beautiful handmade lolita and I'd wish you'd share some of those more often!
>>
File: IMG_0401.jpg (894KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0401.jpg
894KB, 900x1200px
>>9448978
Started weathering my armour. A comparison shot from the arms before and after (and it's nowhere near finished)
>>
>>9449010
You've posted here and on cosplaynl right? That's multiple posts.
Also sorry for counting your ugly maid outfit as cosplay I guess
>>
>>9449016
Oh nice, how do you decide where you will make the weathering marks and how do you make them? I want to try it out but I am scared I will ruin my armour.
>>
File: images-9.jpg (16KB, 184x273px) Image search: [Google]
images-9.jpg
16KB, 184x273px
>>9448931
>>9449002
>>
>>9449019

So you think it is okay to call a random maid unifor a cosplay?
>>
>>9449025
Not a cosplayer so I guessed it was some character, don't get your panties in too much of a twist please
>>
>>9449021
I just go at it with the airbrush. Edges, places where grime and dust would collect. In armour, also think of oil and how it attracts dirt but keeps things move smoothly etc.

As they say in the professional propworld: "Don't be afraid to go dark!"

It really makes a piece so much better!

P.S. I'm NOT using black because black is too strong. I'm using brown/sepia! Black might come later
>>
>>9449019
I think you're mixing her with someone else. She only posted on CosplayNL (one wip and the VK).
>>
>>9449021
Not >>9449016, but basically all edges should be dirtied and protruding bits need to be damaged. Dirtying things up is easy, I use heavily watered down black and brown acyllics and brush on there and dab it off with a wet cloth. You can play around the colours for different effects and add things like pepper of coffee to add a bit of texture to the paint, for instance to make things look a bit more rusty. Don't be afraid to make larger parts dirty as well, you can always wipe off the paint entirely if you take it too far.
Damaging can be done in various ways, I like to take large file and make some "accidental" deep scratches and drybrush some metallic paint over it when things need to look like metal. Again the watered down paint method works wonders if you want rusty bits. The most important part here is to make it look realistic. Imagine you wearing it, getting attacked, falling down and ask yourself which bits should be beaten up the worst. Don't concentrate on one area too much as you can always go back to it afterwards, and never make the damage symmetrical.
>>
>>9448984
its not private if you share it with everyone lol

>>9449016
i dont really like airbrush weathering, it looks like weird gradient blobs, especially because you didn't mark down areas with masking tape (like the golden trim), a sponge would look nicer i think
>>
>>9448928
same
>>
Why are people cosplaying Sakuraflor's shitty costume designs?

Such a silly trend nowadays do get your own custom or do your own design yet they all look like distilled versions from Zach Fischer's Art.
>>
>>9449312
here we go again
>>
>>9449312
The girl with the teeth also seems to be sucking up to her by cosplaying her design. Or is sakura sucking up to her?
>>
>>9449349
Why not both, That other chick should always wear a facecloth tho. Its ugly as hell.
>>
>>9449352
Agreed. And she should stop making selfies. Just for the good of all our eyes.
>>
>>9448901
You either have a sad vagina or a salt filles one
>>
File: issa-knife-issa-joke.jpg (10KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
issa-knife-issa-joke.jpg
10KB, 250x250px
>>9449392
Never defend yourself on 4chan, but now you're here anyway, what the fuck are those rolls on your armpit? Never seen a fat armpit.
>>
>>9449349
2 people, one of which is an attempt to popularity boost each other.
>>
>>9449418
Clueless cosplay also did her butterfly girl and there is a group who did the disney warriors with her.
>>
>>9448925
I like a bit of drama from time to time.
But if I just met you and you start to shittalk people right away. I would stay far away from you in the future. Who know what made up stories you will tell about me
>>
>>9449174

It is pretty damn private when those 2 photos are only on my personal fb page with my privacy settings like "friends, except around 200 names"...
>>
>>9449426
Exactly this. Exactly why I am staying far away from that Non stop props guy as well. Dude can only be awkward and shittalk others
>>
>>9449428
Sweetie just stop, nobody cares anymore.
>>
>>9449424
I hate those Disney warriors cosplays and stuff like it so much, often so lazy, attentionwhorey and out of character.
>>
>>9449174
Masking off looks more unnatural to me, because irl dirt doesn't get masked off either. That said; it's only the first pass, need to even out areas. Will then go over it with some more stuff.
>>
Mfw: I always wanted to do a Pokemon armour. But everyone who does that Pokémon makes a JN look-alike. And even though I don’t mind her version, I don’t want to be group with those people.
>>
totally done with all the abunai bullshit but still smiling
>>
>>9449555
Omg, thats so not cute.
>>
>>9449492
Just make good, non-slutty armor
>>
>>9449555
what bullshit? I know a friends poster design didnt get chosen today and she was also salty. Something to do with that?
>>
>>9449555
Who even is that?
>>
>>9449572
someone who got super drunk two abunai's ago and jumped on stage during the cosplay competition and starting thanking everybody for attending and saying it meant so much to her and then fell off the stage into the crowd before security or anyone could get her down
>>
>>9449591
Oh my god, that's not very cute. Unironically this time.
>>
>>9449591
how do you even know this
>>9449602
and I am very cute :(
>>
>>9449607
>how do you even know this
That incident sounded pretty public.
>>
>>9449016
Omg, those are pretty cute looking
>>
>>9449555
Are you posting a selfie on 4chan???
>>
>>9449566
Poster design? What posters even, abunai only has the poster they always give out on cons right?
>>
>>9449428
>show it to 200 people
>"private"
>>
>>9449562
>>9449602
>>9449625
Bean-chan stahp
>>
>>9448694
oh shit time to get nice looking lanyards!
We should do a group order for tully-themed custom lanyards haha
>>
File: BEGL.png (2MB, 1644x500px) Image search: [Google]
BEGL.png
2MB, 1644x500px
>>9447862
>>9448437
Like it was drawn by a 12-year-old. Maybe it was, idk.
>>
>>9450618
Oh wow, did they have no other entries for a banner contest?
>>
>>9450618
Oh shit that's bad.
>>
>>9450618
The figure on the left is too transparent and you can see that her face is background colored.
If you remove the figures it wouldn't be that bad.
>>
>>9450588
they let their artists compete for event posters like deshima and such. My friend made the deshima poster last year, but this year they chose someone else without telling apparantly
>>
>>9450620
I'd volunteer something better but I'm not sure how to go about it without implying that the current one sucks ass. What if it was drawn by the mod I'm contacting? Awkward.
>>
>>9450768
Deshima fixes their own posters tho, abunai doesn't interfere with that as far as i know?
>>
>>9450769
Do it. This is just painful to see.
>>
>>9450769
Propose a banner contest? More groups do it, so it's not that much of a strange idea.
>>
>>9451051
fascists back to
>>>/pol/
pls
>>
I'm quite new to the dutch lolita comm and I am curious, who are the most popular dutch lolitas and why? It seems like the mods aren't even that popular? I also think the internationally popular dutch girls aren't that active in the dutch (online) comm, wonder why.
>>
>>9446510

Not same anon who asked or like >>9452116, so thanks a lot for the tips! I've been thinking about visiting Utrech for a while now and will do soon after all the great places you mentioned.

Also new in the Dutch Lolita comm, so far I've only met two people but they both seems really nice;, >>9452116. I guess we will see each other in some tea party! Are you on the facebook group? :)
>>
>>9452116
There aren't many popular Dutch lolitas. Efame/ popularity are a quite sensitive topics in the the comm. Dutch lolitas are more interested in having fun, than maintaining a online or international presence. Especially since the Dutch comm doesn't want to have one single comm leader.

Josine (Street Fashion Europe member/ popular IG blogger/mod), Rosalynn (SFE member/vlogger/blogger) and Chokelate (Lockshop owner/SFE member) are probably the most popular lolitas. Chokelate isn't very active in the comm, because she lives far away from the Randstad where most of the meets take place. Katie from Summer Tales Boutique is also well-known, because of her shop and the events she organises for the community.

I don't get why being popular is so important for mods. Lolitas aren't by definition a good mod, if they are popular. Efame/popularity shouldn't be the number one priority for a mod, it should be the comm's/ comm members well-being. So many communities have had problems, because they have chosen 'popular' mods. They are more likely to get caught up in drama, because of their popularity.

Who are according to you internationally popular Dutch lolitas?
>>
>>9452202
I second about everything in this post.
>>
>>9452202

Okay thanks for the info :D

>Dutch lolitas are more interested in having fun
This sounds really promising btw

Also, I indeed was mainly thinking about Rosalynn & Chokelate. Feel like both don't really post anything in/about the dutch comm. (but now I understand why Chokelate's not active, thanks!)

I think it's a really great thing to not have one leader btw, this takes a way a lot of useless drama.
>>
>>9451180
t.antifaggot
>>
>>9452202
The Lockshop owner is not popular and due to all the drama of Lockshop wigs, especially not.
>>
>>9452547
She is e-famous though. Everyone sort of knows her and she regularly gets upwards of 500 CoF likes. I also feel she's been more likeable since her new shoe brand.
>>
>>9452547
Infamous is a thing anon.
>>
How is Lilly la Vante's English so fucking bad!?
>>
>>9452635
I always get this fake geek girl vibe from her. Atleast with cosplay, it really looks like she's only doing it because fantasy costumes didn't provide enough efame.
>>
>>9452650
She's good at what she does though. Regardless of her interests. But I get what you mean with that vibe.
>>
>>9452372
We used to have one self-appointed Dear Leader who was also thirsty for fame and this caused a lot of trouble for anyone not part of her little circle of buttbuddies so yeah, nobody wants that to happen again.
>>
>>9452635
removed her posts from fb for this reason lol
>>
>>9453308

Best idea ever not having "leaders". Where I come from sometimes it seems like there's a battle for popularity that goes underground from everyone's eyes. They claim they don't wanna be e-famous but then they scream for it. One day everything will explode and splash everyone, I can see it coming.
>>
>>9453627
So that everyone can shit post and nothing can get removed? Sure thing.
We have mods, not leaders. And it's time for you to take off the tinfoil.
>>
>>9453706
Tinfoil? What? Anon was talking about how much better our current mod system is compared to a system with a famehungry Queen Bee which, coincidentally, we did used to have, and it did cause a bunch of drama. Not sure where you're getting the tinfoil from.
>>
Why are Dutch people so weird?
>>
>>9452202
I'm not into lolita at all but I think Miradel is pretty well known in the Netherlands? Though she does more photography and general j-fash at this point I think.
>>
>>9453775
Why are foreigners so weird?
>>
>>9453723
My bad, read the wrong response.
>>
>>9453780
You're the ones who say goofy stuff, like "paling" and "oma fiets."
>>
>>9453851
Mmmmm paling <3
>>
File: downloads.jpg (8KB, 266x189px) Image search: [Google]
downloads.jpg
8KB, 266x189px
>>9453851
oliebollen, speculaas, drop and smeerkaas. I'm getting hungry.
>>
>tfw probably going to freeze my toes off in my costume tomorrow
beauty is suffering

>>9453941
Don't forget stroopwafels!
>>
Have fun at Elfia everyone!
>>
>>9453851
Ay, baby, I'll give you a good paling. ;)
>>
>>9454073
The weather was so much nicer than I was expecting!
>>
Did anyone go to the little event in Leiden?
>>
>>9452202
>>9452372
Literally nothing of this is true. The lolita com is interested in gossip and lies, which we see as fun. Only the ones on the spectrum "just want to have fun".

There is no point in lying about it. We're all rotten. Some of you are just in denial about it.
>>
>>9453777
Who the fuck is Miradel.
>>
File: 1 (2).jpg (963KB, 1191x842px) Image search: [Google]
1 (2).jpg
963KB, 1191x842px
I am not sure to go :/
The program and map are already online.
Who can convince me to go to Formula Cosplay?

http://fceurope.nl/program-map/
>>
>>9455106
https://www.instagram.com/miradel.s/
>>
>>9455498
Imouto cafe? This kinda stuff always causes secondhand embarrassment for me.
>>
>>9455103
Someone's bitter. Are you the same anon who kept saying the mods are corrupt but then couldn't come up with a single example of shady behaviour?
>>
Sexy Charmander, really?
>>
>>9455868
She's so fucking cringy omg..
>>
>>9455498
If it is around the corner for you; you should maybe just go if you are bored enough. It is 5 euros and if it is a cringe con, you can laugh your ass off. Or maybe have fun.
>>
Has anyone informed PowNews that there is another edition of Formula Cosplay?
>>
So, speaking of credit cards (late to the party lol sry), I don't have one, but I've been wanting to buy circle lenses for cosplay and maybe even daily life. The problem is that I have astigmatism and need toric lenses. I've found webshops that take Paypal but don't carry toric lenses and webshops that carry toric lenses but only take credit card. Where do other cc-less Dutchies get their toric circle lenses? I just want to be kawaii.
>looking for very natural-looking brown and green but I know I probably don't get to be picky
>>
>>9455868
Why is she always doing those shoots? Where the sexy guys shoots at?
>>
>>9455846
NekoNekoNii is an embarassment in general.
>>
>>9455498
Judging from the last edition, a good part of the dealer list and the events (Joker dating show? Really?), it'll be a cringy bootleg fest, with the organiser ranting for no reason.
This event was worse than Tomo's early years.
>>
>>9455953
Like seriously, they throw her at a market that's already occupied with more developed girls who go much further in lewdness.
Yet on the sexy male cosplayer side of patreon you have a fair chance of getting some cash.

If you want money, get your abs out because sexy Charmender is not going to give you that.

Also, for fuck sake get a good photographer. This photo screamed made at home with bad lightning and doesn't do her face justice at all.
>>
>>9455819
I don't think she's a lolita, just photographs it sometimes
>>
>>9456142
Not into lolita, but I do remember seeing her in that stuff sometimes. Not sure if that's being lolita though.
>>
>>9456171
In any case, being famous as a cosplayer or photographer doesn't make her known in the lolita comm
>>
>>9455905
Actually, try your local optician. Maybe not circle lenses, but they do coloured contacts if you ask for it.
>>
>>9456104
So I've seen it. I don't know her as a person so I'm leaving that aside. But considering her Ana cosplay, I expected better work. But it looks a bit... uninspired. And unfinished/unpolished, if that makes any sense.

She can do better than that, I know that. But of a letdown.
>>
>>9456188
Not defending her, but I heard that charmander was one of her first cosplays. So it was probs still in her closet. I do admit tho, the quality of her cosplays fluctuates to incredibly much. I think her tracer is shit, her ana is very good, and her prince of persia as well. I find it so.. disappointing :/
>>
>>9456104
>for fuck sake get a good photographer

holy shit this photo looks like some cheap porn lol
>>
>>9456214
it was probably arian lol. That guy doesnt know how to shoot and how to edit
>>
>>9456197
Ah that'd explain things.
>>
>>9456181
I'd like to try circle lenses because even though my eyes are big, my irises are kind of tiny and I have some serious sanpaku going on.
>>
>>9455848
I think it was clear why anon feels the mods are corrupt and I sort of agree. They SHOULD dress better and be better examples. As mods, they are held at a higher standard.
>>
>>9455819
>selfpost.

The pictures are shit.
>>
>>9456290
She was fairly well-known in the jfashion community for doing nice shironuri, I think she started doing photography after that. I don't think it's a selfpost.
>>
>>9456287
That's not what corruption means, though. There's nothing dishonest or unethical about not dressing very well.
>>
>>945586
Its a geek and sexy thing.. those things aren't even meant to be "cosplay" just "extras" or that's how it is communicated. Apparently it's still interesting because they keep having patreons who are willing to pay for it. Even though the pictures aren't perfect.

I do like the fact that she doesn't overdo it though. It's not like she's really making it soft porn like most cosplayers do with this stuff. She keeps it rather "cute"
>>
>>9456365
Not perfect is an understatement lol. But I do agree with the keeping it nice. She's not one that tries to hard and so far her pictures were very cute. Only the quality of the pictures suck.
>>
>>9456365
>it's still interesting because they keep having patreons who are willing to pay for it

No shit, by that standard chaturbate is also interesting. Just fuck off
>>
>>9456375
They're making money with it so who cares. It's literally easy money..
>>
>>9456222
Does anyone know if he also bought Facebooklikes? How can that guy have 4k+ likes, while shooting almost only with team chaos.
>>
>>9456373
How long untill the attentiom fades and she has to go further?
>>
>>9456397
I suspect every team chaos related account to have bought likes actually. Mostly under Hakan's initiative. I remember anons here to have proof sakura's like count being very artificial around the time she was featured in the Overwatch Launcher. It went up exactly 28 likes every hour if I recall that right.
>>
>>9456178
I wasn't the anon claiming she was, I just added information.
>>
>>9456397
They put him on the map.
>>
>>9456428
Im crying of laughter
>>
File: Evil laugh hades.gif (612KB, 300x180px) Image search: [Google]
Evil laugh hades.gif
612KB, 300x180px
>>9456428
>>
>>9456416
I don't know what some people their deal is with team chaos. I admit I don't know them as well but as far as I know they have pretty sick costumes and they seem really nice and approachable. Then again I don't know them so well but I'm just curious what your issue is with them.
>>
>>9456446
because they are desperate for attention and followers whereas most people just like making nice costumes and photos
>>
>>9456449
That's the reason? They're cosplayers who seem to be making a living of it. It seems only normal to promote yourself then but maybe that's just me thinking that.
>>
>>9456449
That and there are other cosplayers who make way better things, and get no attention at all because as soon as they promote themselves people attack them. Which doesnt happen with team chaos somehow? They have such a dense group with defenders that are willing to defend them even over here. Also, yes saku and karel are really nice! Hakan? not so nice, and he is the only reason I have problems with their group.
>>
>>9456452
A living of it? Didn't they make like €70 a month?
>>
>>9456454
From their patreon you are correct, dont forget Deathstrike does quite a few commissions (even tho they look more shit the more he makes them)
>>
>>9456453
Isn't that what having a good fan base is about. I think the fact that they have such loyal supporters makes them so interesting. Also sakuraflor seems to really put a lot of effort into replying to everyone which makes them stand out as well.

Having good costumes is one thing but if you don't know how to promote yourself it's useless.
>>
>>9456454
I don't think patreon is a real income for them but i did see a lot of commissions coming by on their page. It's possible that they make a living of it.
>>
>>9456457
Sometimes they look less good, but that last one. The.. symmetra weapon looked pretty legit.
>>
>>9456462
Honestly I'm not specifically fan of theirs but I think as a team they did pretty well in such short period of time that they have been together.
>>
>>9456463
Cant find any symm gun. That ana gun is unacceptable tho wow. Those print lines are a real no go in my eyes.
>>
>>9456473
Lol at least they don't mispresent their products. It seems to be good enough if people are willing to buy it.
>>
>>9456475
Are you kidding or what.
>>
>>9456473
https://instagram.com/p/BTMk8hdF8kP/
>>
>>9456477
I was dead serious. Some prop makers make things look better on pictures than in real life. If what you say is true at least people really see what they're buying.
>>
File: ss+(2017-04-30+at+08.32.26).png (28KB, 759x392px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-04-30+at+08.32.26).png
28KB, 759x392px
Other anon, I feel like this relates to the topic. I have been sitting on this conversation for a time now. The dude was talking(lamenting more like) to me about a Reaper cosplay he wanted to make or maybe commission, but apparently Hakan told him it was the prize mentioned in the screencap. It just feels wrong seeing these stories pop up by the dozens surrounding Deathstrike in particular.
>>
dont they let other people make their 3d models and then print th and never credit them (I heard)
>>
>>9456510
They do.. if you read their post they always credit them. I also read they work together with some of them. Or at least that's what was written at that Ana gun.
>>
>>9456524
Ok good
>>
>>9456495
I don't know who the person is who is bad mouthing them, but it sounds a little more like a personal vendetta. If they are "afzetters" then get your stuff where you can get it for 60 bucks but it probably doesn't look as good. What I have seen from them in real life was of good quality though.
>>
>>9456300
Glad you have earned yourself the right to define what corruption is in your nazi lolita community.
>>
>>9456495
I have a problem with this. It may be 60 euros in material costs, but it's also manhours and skill. Now I don't think they've got lots of skill, but fact is; loads of cosplayers undercharge for their work & skill.

I don't do commissions anymore, and if I would, they'd also be seen as way too expensive. Regardless of the fact that material costs are much cheaper and I'd tell people to make it themselves rather than make it for them, but if they REALLY want me to make something and are willing to pay a lot of money for me making it for them, I'm good with that.

They're charging on the high side of things for their skill level, but even so. Reaper comes with quite some accessories and if he wants a full costume, it being more than €1000 is not a stretch at all.
>>
>>9456458
>useless
Yeah, because just making cosplay for fun instead of e-fame is such a waste of time...
>>
>>9456561
Amen
>>
>>9456566
That's not what I'm saying anon. But if you want to be know. For your Cosplay it's logical that you try to promote yourself. If you're not trying to be known for Cosplay and just do it for fun that fine but don't complain about others who are trying to do so
>>
>>9456561
This is so true.. it's the manhours that go into it that make it so expensive. Some people don't get that but indeed the price isn't even that unlogical.
>>
>>9456453
These days quite a few people also dislike Saku, aka. Tracer the tracer.
>>
>>9456510
Lately they do credit the onesthey got the model from, but I find it weird they sell those props as a commission. I appreciate people more when they've fully made it themselves than people that take stuff from others to sell as their own.
Same goes for in competitions; a prop can be a pretty big part of your costume. If you 3D print one, that's totally fine, but I feel you'd have to have made the model yourself and not someone else.
>>
>>9456599
I think it's a little double though. As far as tcc they cooperate with 3D designers so I assume they also give part of the money to the designers. (I'm not sure though but could always ask them)
>>
>>9456599
Same. I experience this too unfortunately with patterns/3d design that I sell. Tbh everyone who sells patterns or 3d designs in any way will eventually encounter the fact that people that purchase those patterns only to make and resell the product. I see a lot of people that specifically say so with the pattern that it is not supposed to be redistributed as final product, just for personal use.

But then again there's also something to say for it: everything requires an origin, and from raw material to product there is always a markup and change of ownership with every person it passes through.
>>
>>9456599
Thus as a more common rule now, any printed item in a costume is to be disregarded during a competition.
>>
>>9456615
If you can prove to the judges you made the model yourself (by showing progress pictures of the making of your 3D model), then I think that's alright and even pretty cool because you show of a skillset you have.
>>
>>9456617
I don't agree. I think it's less impressive to have 3D printed stuff for a competition. But some people act like 3D printing comes out of the machine perfect even though it still take some work.

I agree it's more impressive if you design it yourself but I don't think it's regarded as not done if you do have 3D printed props.
>>
>>9456624
What anon said. Printing also means assembling neatly, prepping, painting. Anyone can print, but 75% of people are too retarded to finish their print up nicely.
>>
>>9456635
alot of ppl are also too retarded to make their own patterns and/or realize that patterns are 50% of the work to make them actually look good (proportion/accuracy wise)
Anyone can refine stuff, all you have to do is pour braindead work and time in it, it's a matter of laziness desu
>>
>>9456458
> good fan base.

A good fanbase is one that can be critical towards their idol(s) and let non fans also have critical opinions even if they don't agree with it.

This fanbase takes every word without critical thinking, goes out of their way to make other people think the same thing and mark every form of criticism and evidence as "jealous" or "smaad". So no, that's not what having a good fanbase is about. It's quite the opposite.
>>
>>9456664
Wanting to defend the people you admire from the bull said on here is pretty normal for any fans though.

They are rather nice to their followers so it makes sense that they have such loyal fan base.
>>
>>9455868
She's cute but this photo / outfit is terrible
>>
>>9456678
>defend the people you admire from the bull said on here
Ah see, but what if it's truths? When there' obvious proof of shit going wrong and the only thing the fanbase can parrot is "omg jelly". Just because this is 4chan doesn't automatically make anything bullshit. That's just what >>9456664 touches on: swallowing every word of your idols without critical thinking or looking at both sides of the story. That is NOT a nice fanbase, that's a rabid whiteknight community.
>>
>>9456678
>Wanting to defend the people you admire from the bull said on here is pretty normal for any fans though.

Wanting? Yes. Doing? No. Most fans know when you need to let things slide because they're going to harm their idol(s) only even more. The fact that they even ignore the warning in the OP + all the neutral comments warning them every time, makes it even worse.
>>
>>9456708
This! It's 4chan 101, or as the newcomers guide explains it:
>Keep in mind that by sharing the drama with your friends or on Facebook will only bring more attention to it. They too will feel the urge to make rushed replies which only adds more fuel to the fire and keeping the topic alive. The best you can do in this case is to ignore everything and move on. Nothing good has ever come from defending yourself or a friend on /cgl/, and the sooner your drama runs out of fuel the sooner it will be forgotten.
>>
>>9456695
It's possible people don't know about the shit going wrong, because generally the people who have problems with tcc don't say shit in public because they're too chickenshit to be seen as antagonizing others online because muh popularity. So you have to be on /cgl/ to even know about that shit, or have the people who got the dirt tell you. You want tcc to be outed for scammers, out them on in a public space instead of a place known for being a salt hole for anons.
>>
>>9456744
>It's possible people don't know about the shit going wrong, because generally the people who have problems with tcc don't say shit in public.

And a good fan still would have known to keep their mouthes looked. Knowing or not knowing a detail doesn't matter for the case. Handeling with what you see and knowledge does.

And eventhough I know you try to change the subject by adding the "out people on public places" (4chan is a public place after all), I wanted to point out that people do talk about it in real life. And not even in a gossippy way or behind backs. Just when you ask them for their oppinion, you get a honest awnser. It's just unfortunat you didn't come across it. Or maybe you unconsciously ignored it.
>>
>>9456846
>not reading the entire thing
>calling an anonymous chinese image board for yakfarmers a public place
>shiggydiggy

Sounds like you're just lazy and don't want to out them in public. I'm just tired of all these people bitching about why tcc are still popular but not putting their money where their mouth is. Are you mad scammers are popular? Then expose them.
>>
>>9456859
It a shame to see we have come to a point where you try to change the subject, it started as a okay debate, and this time by ignoring what another says. You came here because you wanted to understand something, but it's clear you don't want the awnser from people who come here regular and already explained how 4chan works and changes when people come who normally don't come here.

If you really want to understand, I recommend you just talk to people at the next con, familiar and random. Maybe when you see a face that goes with the mouth, you could understand it.
>>
>>9456892
>implying I'm not a lurker who's just sick of you not putting your money where your mouth is

tcc is the topic at least three times a thread lately, and it's the same thing every time. I'd rather read lolita drama than see the same topic rehashed every week.
>>
>>9457370
I'd rather read no drama at all, and instead read some actual excitement for cons and WIP posts.
>>
>>9457387
Or that but I've given up hope of that coming out of this place. Too much salt. And if there has to be salt give me varied salt.
>>
>>9457400
Dirt on unknown cosplayers is not interesting by many because they don't know them. Most of the people in this thread are people I have to google when they get mentioned. But still, people go with well known names because everyone knows about them.

So how was Elfia?
>>
>>9456295
I made the post so no, not a selfpost. It was more jfashion I suppose, my bad.
>>
>>9457455
I see a lot of cool pictures already, and seems like the weather was actually great. I regret not going this year, i thought the weather was going to be shit.
>>
>>9457370
>not putting your money where your mouth is.

We already displayed our disgust for the whiteknights and the tiredness for this topic. We try to change the topic by posting other stuff, but their's so much you can do when a bunch of people try to start a fight. We don't have authority and can't ban people or topics.

Normally we're pretty slow, but drama and drama lurkers can make a topic stay around for longer and you just have to wait for the trouble makers to get tired. That's the reality of /cgl.

>>9457455
Didn't go. I noticed a lot of people in my feed skipt this year. Probably the weather.
>>
Elfia was okay on the saturday, mainly because it was very cold when the sun was gone but otherwise very enjoyable. Didn't go on sunday, but the temperature was warmer and there was a slightly heavy wind sometimes. Lots of people got sunburned I saw!
>>
>>9457608
If all you want is cosplay updates and people being pretentiously nice to each other, why don't you stick with CosplayNL and DutchAnimeSociety? You prove the exact point why its good you dont have authority. Go live that happy life outside 4chan, why go to the bakery and complaint they sell bread? Sorry the quality of content on an anonymous board isnt up to your vision. Sometimes you have normal topics and sometimes you have anonymous drama. Look at the top of the page, it's 4chan. I hope to god no one is holding a gun to your head for you to come here and you are actually coming to this page by your own free will.
>>
>>9456846
I find it funny that there's so much hate to the white knighting of tcc when to be honest they aren't completely wrong.

People on here came with facts on certain things of tcc and later on tcc have prove on Facebook publically of this being bull. Then another topic on here is mentioned about them and again facts are given of it being bull. It's just keep going like that.

Same with last issue concerning Sakuraflor. She posted full videos. One on the coloring process and after that another video on the sketching part (because people were then switching the topic to sketching rather than drawing)

So honestly yeah white knighting is not a smart thing I agree but being a whiny bitch about the same topic over and over when proof is provided that counters it is just as bad.

And if people don't know what I'm talking about go check it yourself. If you're such diehard haters you should know this shit.

That's why people on here get tired of the same shit over and over cus it's like a argument between kids with who shouts the hardest.

Yes 4chan is drama which is awesome, honestly it's what we are here for. But you know. Would be nice to keep it interesting and not some kind of sad discussion between overly obsessive haters VS overly protective white knights.
>>
>>9457656
Exactly this..
>>
File: TipsOessie.png (1MB, 720x1196px) Image search: [Google]
TipsOessie.png
1MB, 720x1196px
>>9457455
Elfia was tons of fun, as Elfia usually is!
If it weren't for a little issue in my transport at the end which kinda ruined my weekend I'd give it a good 7/10. Even had fun with some other anons from here, good to meet people from Chinese yakfarmhouse construction manual collectors picture board!

Weather was surprisingly good, only real remark was they kinda messed up with the music this year IMO. Too much metal and not enough interesting stuff.
>>
>>9457636
I wouldn't say it was very cold. It was warmer than expected, certainly warm enough for me to walk around without my coat and only a single layer on my arms/legs the whole time and feel plenty toasty. I felt a little bad for the people whose costumes showed a lot of skin but hey, it's April, you gotta plan for that shit.
>>
>>9457656
>actually believing Sakuraflor doesn't trace
is this b8
>>
>>9457656
>>9457677
can we not do this again
>>
I enjoyed it. I enjoy the cons/fairs where you can relax and enjoy the setting. also cool stuff for sale.
>>
>>9457643

I think you're confusing me with someone else. I never said such a thing. Just that if you don't like something here, you can voice it, try to deliver your own content or just wait like the rest does. And that demanding quality from people who can't change things is useless.
>>
>>9457673
Who is this handsome young man that everyone is falling in love with?
>>
>>9457723
i don't know but dangggggg
>>
>>9457723
Omg, so cute!
>>
>>9457675

Well I am very skinny, so I was basically freezing when the sun was gone. And I was fully dressed, only no actual coat. I did enjoy the sun when it was there. And yeah, I seriously had the chills with some cold costumes haha.
>>
File: OessieSoDreamy.png (4MB, 1440x2392px) Image search: [Google]
OessieSoDreamy.png
4MB, 1440x2392px
>>9457723
Dutchthread husbando <3
You should have seen him in Landsknecht gear.

No but seriously Elfia was great. Weather was lovely and I ran into all the right people. If only I hadn't missed my train to save some knights.
>>
What's everyone's next event?

Mine is Animecon and I am pretty excited for it! Although none of my costumes are ready yet haha
>>
>>9457455
I had no idea there were only three well known cosplayers in the Netherlands. Always thought there was more than just Team Chaos, but shows what I know, apparently.
>>
>>9457831
Ofcourse there are, but people barely talk shit bout them because they are actual honest nice people and/or cosplayers.
>>
File: IWantYouForTheLARPGroup.jpg (230KB, 900x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IWantYouForTheLARPGroup.jpg
230KB, 900x1600px
>>9457756
Dutchthread husbando in Landsknecht gear is boo. Please post pics for... my uh.. research.
It won't be long 'till the whole of /cgl/ will have bestKnecht pictures and outfits.
Soon.Tapestry
>>
>>9457802
Still debating if i want to go to Formula.. Its close so why not i guess.
>>
>>9457831
Are you dumb or what. That's not even close to what anon said. It's people like you who >>9457656 was talking about.
>>
>>9457878
I was thinking the same thing. It's really close for me too and last year was fun. It's small but it's gezellig.
>>
>>9457737
So cute, omg!
>>
>>9457932
So omg, cute!
>>
>>9457675
anon who was showing some skin here! Sunday was warm enough to wear colder outfits. I am one of the guilty sunburned people though. Luckily my daycream has protection in it and my face has been unharmed!

Animecon will be next! Have been ordered to organise something for it while I was actually supposed to do it last year.. but my organisationperson forgot and planned it this year without me knowing. My exams are just after Animecon as well. Cosplayplans are cancelled and stress is still high.... BUT WE CAN DO IT! I finally want to attend a seagull meeting as well.
>>
>>9457977
My next con is MCM London Expo after all! But only Saturday.
>>
>>9457756
Omg, that's so cute <3
>>
>>9457673
>>9457756
>>9457843
How do I get my boyfriend into this stuff? He'll tag along with me to Elfia and say he feels out of place in normie clothes but makes no effort to get any kind of costume together for next year. I'm considering making a matching set for us but he won't give me any input on era or style or even a colour scheme. The only idea he's ever put forth is for us to cosplay from one of his favourite fantasy books which imo is shit and full of cliches (main dude is snarky asshole assassin in black hoodie and main girl is sexxy elf enchantress in a magical bikini) so I'd really rather not.
>tfw no qt landsknecht bf
>>
>>9458146
You can't force it, lure 'em in gently. You don't have to do a couple's cosplay with him from his favorite books, but if a cosplay from that book is a gateway drug to more cosplay/Elfia shit... Let him do that. Let him be his favorite thirteen in a dozen assassin, make something nicer for yourself. He'll slowly get the appeal and will be more likely to actually start liking it.
>>
>>9458146
Find a new one.
L E I D E N
E
I
D
E
N

No but seriously, take some time together to look up pictures and info, bonus points if you'll go historically correct.

Also, two certain discordanons already have plans for cute matching hc landsknecht/trossfrau outfits.
>>
>>9458146
>How do I get my boyfriend into this stuff?
Buy a new one at Marktplaats, they're right under the "Leidsche kewt cosplay gf" tag.

Anyway, try to ease him into it. As the other anon said, let him do his assassin, go nuts on the elf sorceress. Heck, maybe go a little more hc (historisch verantwoord) than the original kit. Give it your own spin. It's normal for fantasy nerds to start off with things like this, just because we did it when we were younger doesn't mean it's not just a phase for him as well.

If you ever /do/ manage to get him into Landsknecht stuff throw another shout-out on here, as we speak I'm planning a colour matching landsknecht outfit with somebody else on here and would just love to do a shoot!
>>
>>9458146
If your boyfriend has a hobby that you can connect to cosplay then it might work. My programmer boyfriend is very interested in creating arduino/circuits and working with 3d printers, so we're going to work towards that.
But think things like hobbies, games he's interested in, small props/gifts etc
>>
Imagicon has officially been cancelled till further notice.

With Tsuna first and now Imagi I wonder if we'll be seeing a trend of the newish conventions drooping off again.
Imagi did mention that it isn't permanent where as Tsuna is truly dead.
>>
>>9459202
Tsuna also said back then they would do a 2018-edition, so I wouldn't count on it.

It's a shame, I really liked Imigicon when I was there last year.
>>
>>9459202
Saw it coming. Staff has been struggling for 2 year. Maybe they will organise some fan gatherings in the future, but I don't see them organising a con ever again.
>>
>>9449312
At least they make something unique and original. Better than most of the shitty stuff you see nowadays.
>>
>>9449457
You're just boring.
>>
>>9459429
>>9459432
Will you ever learn to stop bringing it back up? If a post is over 10 posts deep you can lay it to rest. Youre basically *asking* people to continue this shitty discussion, just stop.
>>
>>9456449
In other words: You don't have a reason.
So i gues you're just jalouse then?
Need some attention too?
What a loser you must be anon.
>>
>>9459429
>>9459432
>>9459466
>People aren't talking about me? Better insult someone so I can be the centre of attention again! Haters make me famous!
>>
Only an hour left until the annual Abunai Hotel Room Hunger Games. Godspeed Anons, may we all obtain a room and laugh at those without a credit card.
>>
>>9459429
still shit

>>9459466
The reason is right there in the post? Also what kind of attention does anonymous posting fall under

just get out
>>
File: brought-some-pop-corn.jpg (11KB, 260x167px) Image search: [Google]
brought-some-pop-corn.jpg
11KB, 260x167px
>>9459469
>>
>>9459468
>>
>>9459463
I'll be the judge of that. Thank you.
You're still boring tho.
>>
File: BugOff.jpg (162KB, 600x1083px) Image search: [Google]
BugOff.jpg
162KB, 600x1083px
>>9459483
>>
>>9459429
So tiddy esque warcraft designs are original? Have you seen this Umbreon I saw at Elfia this year? Holy shit, now THIS is what actually inspires me to make a pokemon armor instead of those shitty tiddy out armors Sakuflor designs, and even cosplayed once
>>
File: Thsst.jpg (5KB, 117x126px) Image search: [Google]
Thsst.jpg
5KB, 117x126px
Good luck everyone.
http://www.nh-hotels.com/event/kamers-abunai-2017
>>
ERROR 500
>>
>>9459528
Sakuraflor isn't even the one that came up with the 'concept'. Those designs have been wildly popular in the US for ages.
>>
>>9459570
exactly. You are only giving my statement more power
>>
>>9459584
That was my intention.
>>
>>9459591
Oh, thank you in that case ahahaha
>>
How can abunai be so childish? "It's the hotel's website so not our responsibility!". They chose the hotel. They could've known this would happen. They could've tried negotiating or talking with the hotel. But nope.
>>
File: ikek.gif (2MB, 500x240px) Image search: [Google]
ikek.gif
2MB, 500x240px
NH got this----
>>
File: abunaai.png (539KB, 532x401px) Image search: [Google]
abunaai.png
539KB, 532x401px
>>
>>9459633
Learn how to tech fucking pleb.
They can't force NH to pay €20k just so they can handle the annual influx of weebs crashing into their site.
>>
File: Abunai.png (181KB, 577x348px) Image search: [Google]
Abunai.png
181KB, 577x348px
>>
File: nh_hotel_fail.jpg (315KB, 1267x888px) Image search: [Google]
nh_hotel_fail.jpg
315KB, 1267x888px
>>9459556
>>
>>9459735
>What are scalable servers
>>
>>9459735
Never blame someone else. Only explain what is going on. That is seriously one of the first lines in PR crisis handling.
>>
File: tomcat_server_scalable.jpg (32KB, 597x369px) Image search: [Google]
tomcat_server_scalable.jpg
32KB, 597x369px
>>9459771
>What are scalable tomcat servers
ftfy
>>
>>9459775
Childish, not professional, sure. But I can imagine normal pr rules won't work when dealing with autistic fucktards and literal children. In that case you need the simplified truth and that is what is being told.
>>
>>9459810
Nope, it always works like that.
Now it is one side blaming another, making both of them look bad and shows that Abunai has no control at all over their own event.

Simple would be: site crashed because too many people, we are looking into it and try again on another day. You will be well informed about it.
>>
>>9459817
Continuing:

Did you ever hear the NS say: "the train is delayed, Don't blame us, it is Pro-rail and the mofo who jumped in front of the train."
They don't They say the core reason and give the info on the delay or alternatives.
>>
File: oc_do_not-_steal.jpg (134KB, 600x391px) Image search: [Google]
oc_do_not-_steal.jpg
134KB, 600x391px
I couldn't resist...
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-05-02-22-46-50.jpg (266KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-05-02-22-46-50.jpg
266KB, 540x960px
>>9459817
Does this really look like blaming? Some might see it this way. But they are only stating facts. By saying it's not in their hands they might avoid people wasting their energy in the wrong direction. Which would only have caused even more frustration.
>>
>>9459820
NS does display: train does not depart due to collision with a person.
>>
File: 1470771246939.jpg (21KB, 626x417px) Image search: [Google]
1470771246939.jpg
21KB, 626x417px
Guess what people, another thread has reached it's bump limit and as always a new thread has been made. So head over to >>9459855 maybe?
>>
>>9459502
Bzzzzzz....Boring!
>>
>>9448994
original post was removed but is this about the chick that had a "crossover" between DV.A and another cosplay by putting those pink lines on her face in another outfit?
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.