[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 345
Thread images: 109

File: help.jpg (472KB, 1132x640px) Image search: [Google]
help.jpg
472KB, 1132x640px
Old thread >>9410276
All your questions here, guys.
>>
Joanns moved the fabric I wanted to the remnants section. Does this mean it's gone forever? It isn't carried at my local joanns and I'm not going to order it online if the shipping is more than the remnant itself. I thought since it was such a basic fabric that it would be there a while.

It's white twill, by the way. I don't know if I could just order a different twill and it would look the same. The color isn't a huge issue, since I'm going to dye it, but I want it to have the same texture as the twill skirt.
>>
>>9435385
white twill is super basic. I'm sure that particular bolt only had enough for remnants and there's more coming in soon.

I'm not sure what you're making, but if you're going to dye it, why not use white sateen instead? That should be in the bottomweight section.
>>
File: Deme_Icon_1.jpg (218KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
Deme_Icon_1.jpg
218KB, 400x600px
what would be the best material to make a cats the musical wig????
>>
File: 4758-1779446267 (1).jpg (524KB, 970x525px) Image search: [Google]
4758-1779446267 (1).jpg
524KB, 970x525px
Would anyone have a pattern they could recommend to make pants that look like this? Or like a filler I could use to help the pants keep this shape? Its my first time making pants that look poofy like this and its really confusing me I have no clue where to start
>>
>>9435418
It's just trim on the bottom of the skirt, but I wanted it to be the exact color of the top and they don't make bias tape or trim that's 2" wide. I don't want it to stand out to much and I want it to look like it's supposed to be there.
>>
>>9435418
Also, it's in the remnant section online, which is why I'm concerned.
>>
>>9435461
>>9435462
If its something basic like that, white sateen or any other basic white cotton would work just fine. Sateen dyes super nicely too, so you can get the exact color you need.

I don't work at Joanns, but I'd be really surprised if they were discontinuing something as basic as white twill.
>>
>>9435445
Maybe harem pants?
>>
File: s-l500.jpg (28KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
s-l500.jpg
28KB, 500x500px
Is this a replica of any existing dress ?
>>
File: latest-4.jpg (1MB, 2442x3484px) Image search: [Google]
latest-4.jpg
1MB, 2442x3484px
How in the world would I get Aigis' feet right? I've been looking at some other cosplayers and people who do the "hooves" seem to all look really clunky and bottom-heavy. I want to be accurate but can't think of a good method to make it look passable.
>>
File: gravityRUSH.png (490KB, 686x1081px) Image search: [Google]
gravityRUSH.png
490KB, 686x1081px
How can I achieve the 3D-ish look of the gold parts on Kat's legs and outfit?
I've seen a lot of people paint theirs and it looks so flat..
>>
File: 06bb1eb03974d1cec61d3e9a6b170775.png (652KB, 500x1163px) Image search: [Google]
06bb1eb03974d1cec61d3e9a6b170775.png
652KB, 500x1163px
Being a lazy and interested in buying a Shinji plugsuit online. I can do the armor pieces from EVA, but I'm shit at sewing. Any anon know a place to buy one that looks good under $200? As of know I'm thinking of buying a design from this guy who does commissions and then going to a zentai site for printing.

If not I'm just going to get a mono-color zentai and fabric painting it up.
>>
>>9435420
Cheap acrylic yarn, surprisingly. Just google " yarn cats wigs" or "yarn doll wigs" and you should find the right method of making one.

>>9435677
You really can't. It's always going to be clunky because human ankles aren't built to walk around like that. There's a reason ballet folks warn untrained people from going en pointe, it's really hard and tasking. Also, to me Aegis' legs look like they extend further than what she would look like with outstretched normal people feet, so that might be why cosplayers who do hooves might look clunky: they can't get that length (comfort and safety issues).
You can try the heelless hooves trick to save your feet and ankles.

>>9435771
Try Aliexpress if you want cheap. I can't find many with feedback so tread carefully.
>>
>>9435445
Look up patterns for puffy sleeves and translate them into pants? Idk tho lol
>>
sorry for being fucking dumb i dont usually browse this board but i was wondering if anyone can tell me about bodyline shipping? i live in the us on the east coast im wondering how long it takes roughly. i want a seifuku but i wont order if i dont think the wait is worth it kek
>>
>>9435445
Something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-ceMyXSLTs
but you have to shorten the pant legs and figure out those wiggle things. Can't help with the latter I'm afraid.
>>
File: 1489752756753.jpg (194KB, 1000x1409px) Image search: [Google]
1489752756753.jpg
194KB, 1000x1409px
>>9435252
Hey, some /k/ anon redirected here, What are some good references for sewing. Gear is getting expensive and I need to be able to make strong seams cheaper than buying crye gear.
>>
Are cosplay medics still a thing? I dunno if they ever were, really. I have a bunch of supplies left over but no time for a cosplay, and I hate closet shit. I figured might as well paint a sign, get a vest with a ton of pockets, and help people repair their shit. Or would that just be weird?

>>9435677
Foot binding.

Seriously though, depends on how much effort you want to put in it. Heels are common, but you could replace the rear heel with an acrylic transparent cutout or black heel, while making the front end shiny and metallic to draw attention.

Honestly, though, your best bet is probably just to do school uniform Aigis.

>>9435712
Depends on how flexible you want it to be. Eva foam, fabric, or high viscosity paint will let you move around more, but is fragile and less detailed. Personally I'd craft it with some polystyrene heat-molded around a mannequin form, but that's quite difficult and tedious. Still, it's surprisingly cheap, and if you REALLY want to take the hard route I can give you more tips.
>>
File: 51184247_p3_master1200.jpg (278KB, 626x952px) Image search: [Google]
51184247_p3_master1200.jpg
278KB, 626x952px
does anyone know a good wig i can use for pic related that can be braided without the undermesh being visible?
also does anyone know of a knife prop that isn't really big?
>>
File: 1453180991305.jpg (43KB, 796x804px) Image search: [Google]
1453180991305.jpg
43KB, 796x804px
probably a dumb question but what sort of thing should i wear for these socks? just cheap long ones or are they stockings or something?
[spoiler]im a man, so i kind of have no idea how to look for these things. trying to find something that could cover my hairy legs[/spoiler]
thanks
>>
>>9436023
Lose yourself in youtube sewing tutorials. I like professor pincushion, but there are countless quality tutorials out there for beginners to sewing. If you have specific stitching/construction questions check out the handmade thread and they can help you out or point you in the right direction.
>>
>>9436026
I know someone who goes to cons as a cosplay medic all the time. He seems to be pretty helpful.
>>
Okay this may seem like a super dumb question but is it possible to wear a corset under a catsuit (think like superhero cosplays) without the corset being visible?
I wear a corset for posture reasons and haven't really had this problem since i've never worn anything made from that sorta material before.
>>
>>9436436
No, it would show as the corset is thick.
>>
>>9436131
Those are basic white knee socks. Just shave your legs, dude. Wear sheer nude pantyhose under the knee socks if your pores are particularly dark.
>>
Everytime I click on an item on Taobao, I get this? Did I accidentally do something to cause this?

I plugged it into Google translate and got "According to the laws and regulations or platform policy of the host country, this product is subject to purchase."

I was just using Taobao an hour ago and now every item I click on gives me this message. Sorry for being so dumb lmao.
>>
File: 156633-Sarkhan-the-Dragons-Voice.jpg (255KB, 800x1115px) Image search: [Google]
156633-Sarkhan-the-Dragons-Voice.jpg
255KB, 800x1115px
hi, beta ass here.
I'm interested in a Sarkhan Vol cosplay, any recommendation how to start? the amount of parts etc
>>
>>9437340
I'm quite handy too
>>
>>9437340
>any recommendation how to start

i hope you have lots of reference pictures of that character. looks like theirs a ton of detail in that armor.

personally, i would start with trying to pattern everything up.
you can worry about the kind of materials later but most likely you will be using fabric (obviously), EVA foam and probably a PVC pipe for the weapon.
>>
>>9437357
pattern how? any tutorial online?
>>
Recently, I finished up a costume that had a lot of pads on the legs, and they shifted a lot, especially the thigh and knee pads.

If I were to attach the pads to the morphsuit directly, what would be the best method to do this, accounting for making sure the pads stay on and allowing the suit to be washed?
>>
Working on my Excalibur sword right now for Miyu saber and I can't find a good silver spray paint, Anyone have recommandation or advice. I don't want it to be EXTRA shiny,
>>
>>9438031

Aluminum tape can work if you apply it carefully (Adam Savage uses it on some of his sword props, try looking up some of his Tested videos on YT).

But for any metallic paint, the key is surface prep. It'll never be shinier than your base surface, so you have to sand the shit out of your blade first.
>>
Gonna be using Ardas caddy wig for a costume. Need to add black stripes throughout it. Someone suggested just coloring the fibers using a sharpie. Is the really a good method? And if so is there any way I can assure the colored fibers stay together to make the stripes?
>>
>>9435712
How good at sewing are you? You could do it as an applique with quilting under it to raise it.
>>
>>9438191
Black isnt a good color to dye, since ink is not true black but always a shade of blue or purple. I would sew black wefts in it
>>
>>9437467
Really, go hog wild on Google. If you have to ask this much detail already you're kind of beyond the thread since it's a lot of cosplay basics.
What I would advise you: try and break up the components on the costume. I'd say props, pauldrons, cape, shirt, skirt, pants and shoes. Google those components and add "tutorial", you're more than likely to find generic tutorials that you can then alter to your needs. Google for those fabric parts and add "pattern". Figure out what materials you want for each component: cheaper fabric or more expensive things like worbla and leather?

No one is going to spoonfeed your exact needs like draw up the pattern for this specific shirt, but if you are handy like you claim you can alter what the internet has.

Any cosplay benefits from a thorough preparation, just don't rush into this headfirst and you'll be fine. Good luck!
>>
File: scion outfit.jpg (106KB, 1210x1052px) Image search: [Google]
scion outfit.jpg
106KB, 1210x1052px
What do you think would be the best material for this jacket?
>>
>>9438223
I'd do it out of a nice matte pleather.

OT but are these in the game yet? Looks nice and I'm always way behind on new stuff.
>>
I ordered a dress from Baby SanFran and they sent me a tracking number....but it doesn't work?
Do i just need to wait more and maybe the package hasn't been scanned yet into the system or should i message them to check if the number they sent was correct?
>>
>>9438235
Yeah you get them for finishing the story. Thank you.
>>
whats a good, strong glue for EVA foam?
I keep hearing barge is really good but apparently they changed the formula for it in the past couple years so its not as good anymore? how do i know whats what when ordering it online?

the Dap weldwood brand contact cement seems like its pretty cheap and common at my local hardware stores. is that any good?
>>
>>9438287
Any contact cement glues foam really well, foam is a very easy material to glue compared to metal or wood. Just make sure that the foam didnt suck up all the contact glue before pressing it together after waiting a while
>>
>>9438295
>Just make sure that the foam didnt suck up all the contact glue before pressing it together after waiting a while

would adding a second layer of cement after the first layer is near tacky/dry help with that? or would that just be unnecessary?

also, i think ill just stick with that DAP brand if all contact cement is pretty much the same. a 32oz is only like $10 while barge is like $35
>>
>>9438295
hoping on this,
what's a good glue for sintra?
>>
File: IMG_20170417_015242.jpg (270KB, 1306x870px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170417_015242.jpg
270KB, 1306x870px
Hi all, first time posting here, have a doozie of a question.
I have this project where I need to make black bird-demon clawed feet. I have this insulation foam, I have some black deerskin, I have one of those reusable shopping bags (also black), I've got black elastic, and black velcro.
Has anyone dealt with something like this before?

The foam will give me the shape, but am just having trouble with adhering the pieces together. I'm pondering all manners of different approaches to attaching the claws to the shoes in a way that won't fall off if misstepped - or even detatchable so that they can be put back if they do fall off.

Here's what I know so far:
-contact cement on foam melts the foam and gives no bond
-super glue on foam gives good bond but the foam itself can still easily fail
-sewing velcro/elastic to the shopping bag fabric/leather will always be the best bond
-contact cement between the shoe and the leather gives a solid bond
-super glue inside the velcro immortalizes the bond

One strategy I'm showing in pic related is making sleeves made from the shopping bag fabric that fit on the front and back of the shoe, which can then be held together and to the shoe by elastic. This makes them detatchable and relatively well held, I just need to find a way to adhere the claws to the sleeve.

Any advice for/against this approach? Any better ones?
>>
File: 06a826e07485a9f1fa489fcf7c21b9e9.png (826KB, 876x1297px) Image search: [Google]
06a826e07485a9f1fa489fcf7c21b9e9.png
826KB, 876x1297px
First time poster.

Im getting ready to go to a con, and ive never made my own cosplay before, and I know next to nothing. What I want to make is basically my pic. A nice White mage robe. Doesnt have to be that exact one, but I do want it to be along the lines of a classic white mage.

In the base research ive done, ive discovered that id need a Pattern, but honestly im having trouble figuring out which one would even work with that, and/if there is some sort of free site for just usermade patterns. Everything I found just said to use simplicity and buy any robe one (most of which didnt look all that great to begin with).

I got all the accessories made (which is my normal forte), but I just need the starting help with finding a pattern and any tips you might wanna throw in. I have about a month, so its not going to be a rush job, but i'd still like to get started soonish.
>>
>>9438367
ive never really worked with insulation foam before but Ive seen people sometimes warp fabric around the foam pieces so that the glue has something to stick to.
i dont know how good your sewing skills are but i would imagine they should be pretty good if you want to do it that way.

also, you keep saying shopping bag fabric. is it canvas? nylon? polypropylene?
>>
>>9435252
Whats the cheapest way to buy things off mercari? Im looking at Japonica, but it seems a little pricey, or are they all about the same?
>>
>>9438308
if you tap the glue after waiting and it's not sticky or wet at all then its sucked up and then add another layer indeed
>>9438367
hot glue is like the only thing that works for upholstery foam, what I also sometimes do is wrap masking tape around it then glue it to that.

>>9438373
regular monk robe pattern should work, then add a bunch of red fabric spikes on it and a belt. Don't forget to add some extra length to get the draping effect over the belt and still have it cover your feet
>>
File: F85OIFRFMMCYEDM.MEDIUM.jpg (17KB, 381x422px) Image search: [Google]
F85OIFRFMMCYEDM.MEDIUM.jpg
17KB, 381x422px
>>9438444
>>9438373

oops wrong pic
>>
>>9438444
>>9438448
The one I keep seeing is this one, but ive never once used a pattern before so I didnt know if this is all I needed or what else I would need to find (or even how to read it).

As I said, my specialty was always props and I always just saw them on screen and made em, so this is kind of a new world to me.
>>
>>9436767
Shows up when Taobao detects you're in a country the seller won't sell to. In the dropdown in the upper left change whatever option you're on to 中国大陆 (mainland china). Or if that doesn't work, copy the item id number and paste at the end of this: https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=
>>
>>9438367
Try a permanent spray glue, but spray it from a distance. The solvents in the can will also melt the foam if you spray it too close:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBABqYL8GLg

>>9438463
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kJx3SiGKtA
You're not going to have to deal with size -that- much for a robe, since it's a roomy garment; for the cloak, the arms and shoulders are going to be the main issue where it might be too small. I haven't fully watched the above video, but it looks comprehensive.
>>
File: mage.png (161KB, 450x647px) Image search: [Google]
mage.png
161KB, 450x647px
>>9438463
>>9438519
Forgot to add, pattern B would be fine, if you don't mind the oversized arms (which you could shorten by sewing on the line I drew). All you'd have to change is sew the front closed, sew some triangles on the sleeves and bottom, and add a belt-string.
>>
How would I go about making something like this?

I can't wrap my head around it.
>>
>>9438574
It looks like the pirate's legs are the girl's and the tail and top half of the pirate are just props.
>>
>>9438574
Here it is from the side.
>>
>>9438578
I figured that much out, lol. I was just wondering how I'd stuff the carrier's upper half. I want to be Oscar the Grouch being carried by a trash man.
>>
>>9438587
upholstery foam and regular teddy stuffing, maybe nice thick iron wire to keep more bone-like limbs
>>
>>9438203
Would I be able to sew wefts into the front of a front lace wig? I'm kind of a complete amateur when it comes to sewing but I could always give it a try. I have tested the marker method on a spare wig that I use for practice and I honestly was petty happy with the color. The problem I was having was keeping the colored sections together in a stripe. May have just colored the wrong area. I'm sure sewing in wefts would give overall better results though.
>>
Is Lacemarket restricted to only lolitas? I never got into the fashion, but I did buy a couple of items from BTSSB when I last visited San Francisco. Naturally I never actually ended up using them. I was wondering if I had to be "in" the fashion to sell or if anyone was allowed to sell.
>>
>>9438587
Just tell him to cut the bottom out of a trash can JFC not everything has to be high effort
>>
>>9438622
Go for it. Anyone is allowed to sell lolita items on LM.
>>
File: oscarcostume.jpg (19KB, 266x400px) Image search: [Google]
oscarcostume.jpg
19KB, 266x400px
>>9438587
Do dis.
>>
File: IMG_20170417_212912.jpg (366KB, 1469x979px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170417_212912.jpg
366KB, 1469x979px
>>9438433
>>9438444
>fabric/tape wrap
Neat, that's definitely a trick worth trying, thanks both.
Not sure what material this bag, it feels like some sort of synthetic canvas, but maybe someone can recognize pic related.

>>9438519
Also worth a shot. Have any particular brand recommendations, or just go with Super77?
>>
>>9436039
Find a good wig that's already got pigtails and use that?

Or buy two brown wigs and harvest wefts from one, sew into the other to thicken it up and prevent the netting from showing?
>>
Sup dudes, I need to know if anyone has any experience with Korean proxies? Namely one that lets you purchase from a KR website.
Doesn't need to be cheap, just need one dependable.
>>
File: 50841_320.jpg (20KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
50841_320.jpg
20KB, 240x320px
>>9436039
There are some wigs built for that on Arda but honestly you can save some cash by getting a standard wig and try crisscrossing hair in the back to make the part instead of a straight part. Arda's wig parts look super unnatural anyway
>>
>>9436436
If it's a proper corset with thick laces and grommets then no. You'd have to switch it up to shapewear type corsets or something else that's not meant to show.
>>
>>9438697
Fantastic. Thanks, anon!

Another question then. How do I tell what Usakumya bag I have? I didn't realize how many styles there were. I just know that mine cost about $100, has a hood you can pull back, and the zipper is in the head.
>>
Question for the female gulls. What's your opinion on a guy putting his hand on your shoulder when taking a pic?
>>
>>9439028
>anyone touching me ever
I'm not comfortable with that.
>>
>>9439028
nope.
i dunno where that hand has been.
the touchy ones are usually the ones that smell and dont wear deodorant
>>
>>9438846
Did he broke his knees??
>>
>>9438613
I would not try that, with lace front the strains are individually knotted into a mesh, not sewn wefts, in that case go with the dye/marker

>>9439028
better than a hand on/around your waist (which happens with every normie comic con or games convention)
>>
File: 1858439-starlord_01.jpg (448KB, 1362x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1858439-starlord_01.jpg
448KB, 1362x1000px
Everything done except for the jacket.
For the love of god can't figure it out.
Can it be opened with buttons or is it really just a single piece?
Any help for a similiar piece or even just thr name for this kind jacket?
>>
>>9438915
Can't help you with brand, I've used a super-generic hobbyist spray glue and it stuck (there wasn't really tugging to it so can't say if it holds up to that), but if you have some heavier duty glues go for it. Just don't oversaturate and keep distance and it should work.
>>
File: double breasted.jpg (13KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
double breasted.jpg
13KB, 300x300px
>>9439430
I don't have a name for the style, but usually with these only one of the button rows is functional, covering the opening of the jacket underneath. Now in contemporary fashion it would probably have a zipper underneath the flappy bit, but your reference makes the top underneath look solid. Pic related for what it probably would look like under the flap, except the zipper is now on top. I had some results that vaguely look like the reference when googling "double breasted military jacket" so maybe springboard from that?

Another garment that comes to mind is a Howie lab coat but those have the button flap go to the top.
>>
>>9439028
if he asks first, sure. Honestly I prefer it to hover handing
>>
File: Alice-0.png (618KB, 473x1739px) Image search: [Google]
Alice-0.png
618KB, 473x1739px
I'm planning Alice from SMT, but I I'm wondering what I should do with her skin.
It's really white. I was initially planning to just go with white dance tights and bare arms, but looking at it, her legs king of match her arms.

What would be a better idea here?
>>
>>9439457
Thanks for the info.
Will see if I find something or need to whip something ul
>>
>>9439549
If you really mind then you could make armsocks in the same colour as the tights to emulate the same skintone on both arms and legs.
>>
Different sort of help. What tools do you guys use for prop making? The only thing I really have is a portable sander, and I usually make do. But an acquaintance of mine showed me their Ridgid multi-tool thing they had and I thought it was fantastic and convenient.
>>
>>9440040
They're more frequently called double breasted tunics. The bibs typically extend up to the collar to hide the closure but you might have to consider an invisible zipper or something.
>>
File: Full_Portrait_Hector.png (2MB, 1600x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Full_Portrait_Hector.png
2MB, 1600x1920px
OK /CGL/, how would you go about making, or an axe? I plan on cosplaying Hector from Fire Emblem, pic is him. I need some tips on making armor.
>>
>>9440073
Worbla. Shape the axe with foam then heat apply the worbla over it; makes for a sturdy and weighty prop.
Warning though; it can get pricey if you waste it. Same for the armor, though it can be a bitch to paint unless you sand it a little. For Hector I'd advise that or craft foam to shape it; use chicken wire or mesh to line the chest pieces and pauldrons.
>>
Anyone know where to find a simple/smooth black neckseal without paying out the ass for a wetsuit one?
>>
File: 000.png (1005KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
000.png
1005KB, 1000x1000px
How would one go about making these? Or would it be better just to buy the set for 25$?
>>
>>9440140
If you're good with an xacto I'd say thin sheets of plastic and cut it to shape, then paint over it with a metallic gold. Otherwise I'd just save time and buy it.
>>
>>9440140
It's really hard to get those sculpted shapes made by hand. Save yourself time and wasted supplies and buy them.
>>
>>9440140
You will spend more on materials and attempting to get them this neat. $25 isn't much at all. Get a job.
>>
File: IMG_3459.jpg (95KB, 1172x1566px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3459.jpg
95KB, 1172x1566px
>>9439430
This pattern might suite you
>>
File: 1489335122979-samurai-jack.png (264KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
1489335122979-samurai-jack.png
264KB, 900x600px
Thinking of doing a "lost in time" Link akin to the new season of Samurai Jack where he's stuck carrying a broken Master Sword in his belt with worn/old/rusty armor/weapons
Is this a stupid idea? Would people ask what the hell I was trying to portray?
>>
I made a skirt block for myself with the intention of modifying it for a couple costumes. It's mostly going to be just manipulating the waistline and the length.
Today I tried out lowering the waistline down low enough to about an inch above my hips with a curved waistline. I tried it on and it was huge. I could pull it about an inch and a half off of me.
I'm a total noob at drafting my own patterns. What does it sound like I did wrong? I have been trying to find a tutorial on how I could lower the waistline down by the hips but I can't seem to find any that I could apply to the mini skirt style I need.
>>
>>9440397
When you cut a curve you're adding bias to the fabric and that generally makes it looser and naturally stretchy. Without pics of what you're talking about that's all I can deduce.
>>
>>9440383
>Is this a stupid idea? Would people ask what the hell I was trying to portray?

People are gonna recognize you as link no matter what but yeah, i highly doubt anyone will guess youre referencing samurai jack.
They might just think youre doing some "battle hardened" link cosplay.
>>
>>9440414
It wouldn't be a direct Samurai Jack reference, only something similar. I think the only way I could convey what I intend to is having the broken sword front and center. It'd be fun to have a bag of sword shards and I'm thinking the hair would look unique being longer with a streak of white down a bang showing the character isn't aging normally due to magical property. No cap either. You're probably right, alot of people of people would assume it was some weird war torn Link.
>>
>>9440420
There's that fan art of an aged, battle worn Link that gets thrown around every time a new LoZ game is announced; that's all I think of when you say this.
>>
>>9440423
If I actually came around to doing it my only hope would be people making the connection with the broken sword at my hip and the fact that I'm not actually old or am wearing make up to show that.
>>
File: old-link2[1].jpg (340KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
old-link2[1].jpg
340KB, 1000x1000px
>>9440423
are you talking about this?
I was just about to reply with this picture.

the idea is nice but I think the backstory of your cosplay seems kinda..well, lost.
>I'm thinking the hair would look unique being longer with a streak of white down a bang showing the character isn't aging normally due to magical property.

if i saw that, I would have not guessed that at all and just assume link has some weird looking gray hair.
>>
>>9440057
It's a gradual thing, I found. First I only had a sander as well, but then you get a cheap Dremel-like tool, a soldering iron, heat gun etc etc. If you take care of your tools they go long enough so you have a bit of a collection after a while. These four tools are what I use the most.

>>9440420
If you happen to be a blonde dude, you could also grow a lumberjack beard? It's gonna be hard to specifically convey "time skip" instead of "gritty reboot" regardless. Greying hair would probably help the most.
>>
>>9440431
Yeah, that's EXACTLY what I'm talking about.
>>
>>9440434
I can't grow a full beard and what does isn't even blonde, I have blonde hair and black facial hair
>>
>>9440057
I mainly work with EVA foam and my main tools are a Dremel tool with various bits (you can buy everything together in one kit)
a mouse sander and a heat gun.

a Ridgid multi-tool seems like it will be overkill, at least for EVA foam use. I dont see why you would need such a heavy duty tool for it.

I have one but I only use it for doing various house work or building furniture.
>>
Where the fuck could I go about getting some custom lenses? Exoticlense's seems cool but their selection also seems limited and to boot, i wish they had more pictures of people actually wearing them.

Suggestion on where to go lenses?
>>
File: image.jpg (57KB, 638x527px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57KB, 638x527px
Any tips on how to do the stars on soleil's chest? I was planning on doing foam and worbla but how should I attach it? Should I make a small loops in the back and sew it on? Or make the back flat and use a glue of some sort?

Also, for the sleeves should I sew a small bead at each intersection? Or can I get away with 3D fabric painting a small dome shape?
>>
File: 237140069.png (74KB, 213x429px) Image search: [Google]
237140069.png
74KB, 213x429px
Want to do the shawl in velvet since it's supposed to be based on a black cat but it's clearly not fur. Does anyone know where to get some nice velvet or at the very least anything nicer than the cheap looking crap fake velvet online? All the fabric stores near me only carry the cheap crappy stuff.
>>
Are Atelier Pierrot and Atelier Boz sister brands or are their names just super similar?
>>
>>9440930
Completely separate. Atelier is a word for a studio or the like producing garments, in this case, Boz and Pierrot sell Gothic and Lolita clothing. Boz has a sister brand called Lapin Agill.
>>
>>9440774
I would do it in fleece with upholstery foam/teddy stuffed shapes instead, velvet tends to shine a lot imo

>>9440743
I would make it like a button indeed, make a small loop and sew it on like a button, and definitely worbla would be ideal for this. Glueing things on fabric always goes wrong as you will either spill some or want to remove it later and glue artifacts are nearly impossible to remove. And do the tiny beads for the sleeves indeed
>>
I'm attending anime expo in Los Angeles this year and am going as Kamina from Gurren Lagann. I have my outfit and its all great and what not, the only thing I am having trouble with is body paint for the tattoos. What is a good paint to use, I want a dark navy.

Also, my friends and I aren't very good at painting type stuff. I have a friend that I could go to that is the artsy type before the expo, I was wondering if there was any way I could have her do an outline that stays on my skin for a long period of time, so that my friends and I can simply fill it in lol. Any tips for that idea would be appreciated, thank you.
>>
File: subaru.jpg (36KB, 500x329px) Image search: [Google]
subaru.jpg
36KB, 500x329px
Absolute Beginner here. I'm planning on cosplaying Subaru. How much shit will I get if I just wear black sneakers? I'd like to avoid popping up on a shitty cosplay thread.

How should a guy go about learning make-up?
>>
>>9441361
>How much shit will I get if I just wear black sneakers?
No big deal. Shoes usually aren't the focal point of a costume. You're more likely to go wrong with poorly fitted clothes or a shitty wig.

>How should a guy go about learning make-up?
Youtube tutorials. Use keywords like "male makeup" or "makeup for men" and look for people with a skintone similar to your own.
>>
I want to start learning how to sew since ive mainly been doing foam cosplay for the past couple years. any sewing job i usually have a friend do it for me but i want to be able to do everything myself.

whats a good sewing machine i should buy? something thats good enough to sew leather or pretty thick material.

even though i have no sewing experience, i really want to stay away from "beginner" sewing machines (if thats a thing). nor do I want to spend on something super expensive.
im assuming mid-ranged sewing machines is a thing. I have a couple hundred dollars to spend if i have to. i was mainly saving it up for a new airbrush set but ended up just borrowing a friends since he no longer uses it.
>>
>>9440434
>>9440438
Gotcha, appreciate the input anons!
>>
File: puckered-seams-1[1].jpg (335KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
puckered-seams-1[1].jpg
335KB, 1200x1200px
Looking for help with puckered seams on chiffon please!

I'm making a chiffon cape that's cut on the bias (the pattern is a big circle). I hung up the pieces beforehand to let them stretch out, but after sewing them together, there's puckering along the seams. How can I avoid this in the future? Is there any fix for what I have right now?
>>
File: latest.png (2MB, 1232x1711px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
2MB, 1232x1711px
I'm looking to do a Haru cosplay soon, but I don't think my sewing skills are high enough to do her vest well. Does anyone know a simpler way to do it than to make a full fledged vest, or maybe someone to commission for that piece?
>>
>>9441423
I have a Brother machine that I got for a decent price. I used it to sew through leather, vinyl and thick fur wth a leather needle.

>>9441284
Try PAX, Ben Nye or Mehron.
Speaking from personal experience Ben Nye and Mehron and both stay on for a long time if you seal them properly.

>>9440774
I bought velvet from SpandexWorld. It's pretty decent quality
>>
File: 00008886.jpg (154KB, 800x1170px) Image search: [Google]
00008886.jpg
154KB, 800x1170px
Reposting from the YOI thread.

I'm planning on making Yurio's long program costume and for the Red/Magenta parts I bought these fabrics
https://www.spandexworld.com/c3/catalog/product/5009
https://www.spandexworld.com/c3/catalog/product/4251
because they were the closest to the fabric swatch that Chacott used. But now that I got have them in person the dots to me just look off. Should I use it or should I try to find a different fabric?
>>
>>9441361
>How should a guy go about learning make-up?

https://www.youtube.com/user/gossmakeupartist go here, and you're welcome.
>>
Is Clobba a legit website to order a Classical Puppets A-Line Petticoat II from?
>>
>>9441589
Yes they're just a taobao reseller.
>>
>>9441592
That's about what I assumed. I don't cosplay often so I didn't know. Thank you anon!
>>
>>9441466
First result on Google for "puckered seams on chiffon":
>http://en.renataperito.com/?p=71

I would especially try lowering the tension, using the right needle size for the job, and manually stretching out the fabric a bit as you sew, then pressing gently with an iron, then stone/wood to get it to flatten out.
>>
>>9441423
Singer Heavy Duty 4423 is a solid machine if you want it to get through thick material and foresee yourself working with leather, denim, upholstery materials a lot.

A good beginner to intermediate machine would be Brother CS6000i, which has been so good that not much else was competition for the same price range until Brother released XR9500PRW model. Both will take care of all basic sewing jobs and fabrics as long as you use the proper needles and settings for your projects.
>>
Stretchy fabric question:
How difficult is it to put darts into spandex? Or is there a better technique for getting it to hug your body? I ordered a custom made one, and I don't know if it's because they didn't actually make it to my measurements or what, but it stretches straight from my butt to my shoulders and makes me look much bigger than I am.
>>
>>9441830
custom made one meaning a zentai suit, sorry.
>>
>>9441830
Try pinning the side seams inward at a curve and see if that makes a difference. If it does work sew it like that with a triple straight stitch
>>
>>9441760
thanks for the suggestions. all those you listed are definitely around my price range.

so far im leaning towards singer. kinda looked at the brother sewing machines and they seem like they are a bit more expensive but only because it has all those other bells and whistles(LCD screen, all the programmable stitches and whatnot.) not exactly sure how useful those will be.

the singer machines i kinda looked at seems pretty straight forward.
>>
Sup, anon! Mah question today is very simple. I'll be first time participating at the stage and I do not nothing about it and also afraid of the stage. Help me plz I'm so nervious...
>>
>>9441906
just close your eyes when youre on the stage
>>
>>9441407
>>9441581
Thanks anons, Hopefully I can avoid ending up in a shit cosplay thread
>>
Lot more posts lately, lot more people to help.

>>9436414
Good to hear. Any advice on what to bring? I'm not much of a seamstress, more on the prop side of things. What would you suggest for common things to repair costumes and such?

>>9440073
Don't listen to >>9440091
Worbla is too expensive.

Use Sintra.

>>9439549
The thing MJ did.

>>9438367
Seal your damn foam. Or do some paper Mache. Problem solved.

>>9440140
3d print it, actually. Cheapest and best way.

>>9440057
>>9440434
Oh, a whole array. Off the top of my head

Dremels
Scalpels
A shitton of files
Chisels
Steak Knives
An assortment of mixing devices
A Bandsaw
Pin Vises
Belt Sanders

And I'm looking to get a Lathe.

>>9440743
Styrene, that's what it was built for. Or 3D print it. Or use sintra. The key here is to know how to sculpt raised edges like that. Don't look it like a four-pointed star. Rather, see each star as 8 triangular wedges you glue together.

>>9441490
I dunno but I really wanna see it now. Haven't seen any good Harus at all.

>>9441906
Alcohol.

>>9438031
That hilt seems like it needs some fixing. But as for chrome paint, an airbrush helps, but there's definitely good chrome spray paints out there. Depends on where you live though.

Here's a good comparison.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mL4IYoxJqu4

If you're going for a more pale, aluminum color, paint the sword white before you chrome it. If you want a darker, steel like color, paint it a base black color.
>>
>>9441880
i like my lcd programmable stitches brother, it automatically sets the pressure and stitch length/width for you for each button press and tells you what foot you should use. No more twisting and turning things for the right stitch. But i use a lot more stitches than just the regular straight stitch, so in that case it's useful. Other than that it's pretty straightforward machine, and i find the thread wiring to be extremely easy compared to old style machines.

>>9441906
wear a mask (yay mask cosplays), dont make it too short (when you're nervous you tend to immediately walk on walk off),.
Make a slow twist to show your costume, do one pose for enough seconds for photographers to make a nice picture, slow turn and bow to the judges and walk off
>>
How well does the edge on polyester spandex knits cauterize when cut with a hot knife?
>>
File: DEKU.png (358KB, 384x753px) Image search: [Google]
DEKU.png
358KB, 384x753px
Any tips to make this kind of gloves' wrist? I'm thinking to use eva foam and cover with fabric to make it stronger but I don't know if this is a good idea
>>
File: 10bcc32e09ca0b0842d576fcdb11407a.jpg (676KB, 1000x1250px) Image search: [Google]
10bcc32e09ca0b0842d576fcdb11407a.jpg
676KB, 1000x1250px
Hey guys, I'm trying to make megumin's hat but have no idea how to make it. All the tutorials i've seen are too pointy and silly for her hat. The closest tutorial I found is this one

http://img15.deviantart.net/6eca/i/2012/169/6/2/wizard_hat_tutorial_by_susimiu-d53wt5g.jpg

but have no idea what dracalon "fluffy white stuff" is, help? Or does someone have a better tutorial/tips ?
>>
>>9442510
Megumin's hat is very easy. Make a regular pointy wizard hat (to the right scale) but do not reinforce the top half of the pointy part of the hat, like, omit the interfacing or buckram or whatever the tutorial calls for. Or if you want the top half of the hat to still retain a cone shape with the bend, leave a 0.5"-1" break or use lightweight interfacing in the reinforcement so that the hat can droop under its own weight.

>"fluffy white stuff"
It's clearly batting in the photos.
>>
File: tokoyami.jpg (22KB, 463x594px) Image search: [Google]
tokoyami.jpg
22KB, 463x594px
Any suggestions on how I should go about making the head?

I've done a quick look to see what others have done and all of them with the exception of one looked like absolute shit.

I was thinking, instead of making the entire bird head, making a more humanized tokoyami with a spiked up wig and a bird beak would look pretty good.

But if theres an easy way to make the mask without it looking terrible I'm all for that as well.
>>
>>9438578
so intelligent and insightful, anon
>>
File: PQ_-_Fuuka.png (85KB, 184x640px) Image search: [Google]
PQ_-_Fuuka.png
85KB, 184x640px
Fuuka from Persona

Need help with, any suggestions?

Need:

Uniform
Wig

Should I just buy a premade uniform online (Costs around 100$) or buy one that looks similar?
>>
>>9442753
The gekkou outfits are really simple; but if you get something that's close but not quite it throws it all off. Just get a premade one or try to modify one similar to as close as physically possible.
For the wig you can either just grab a long hair wig that's the teal of her hair and trim it to size; or get a precut one like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cosplay-Wigs-USA-Boy-Cut-Short-Teal-/292028617474?hash=item43fe431302:g:uCIAAOSwTuJYo2rQ
And style/trim it further. Doesn't have to be that specific one, just an example.
>>
>>9442761
Thanks anon. Is there a name for the kind of uniform she wears? Most Japanese uniforms I find are the kinky sailor moon type.
>>
>>9442781
Not that I know of. Pleated skirt and jacket would be the closest things to a name that I know of. Fuuka's is a little unique anyways so the skirt and jacket should be enough assuming you already have her undershirt.
>>
>>9442781
>>9442753
There isn't a unique name. The P3 uniform is unique enough that you're better off buying premade if you are a beginner at sewing and have little time to practice drafting a pattern. The skirt may be something you con modify from an existing black, flared pleated skirt, but it'd need to match the jacket top in shade of black and material, so you're probably better off making your own.
The jacket top also has unique zippers on the sleeves and front as well as distinct Gekkokan zipper pulls.
>>
Any fabric recommends for the Gerudo outfit for link from Breath of the Wild?
>>
File: 1486305364478.jpg (272KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1486305364478.jpg
272KB, 1280x720px
What is a good site for wigs that pass as real hair/everyday use?

I don't want my Chloe cosplay to end?
>>
>>9442725
Build something more like a regular face mask with black feathers over the edge then wear the spiked wig. The only way to make it not dumb is avoid making it a full mascot head. Also don't cheap out on the feathers most common craft store feathers wI'll make the finished project look cheap.
>>
>>9441946
He had way more than what I'm about to list, but here's what I remember:

Different kinds of tape
Fabric glue
Glue gun + glue sticks (if you can get a battery-powered glue gun, even better)
Hairspray
Bobby pins
Needles and thread (even if you don't sew, someone may be able to make use of them)
Scissors
Pliers, possibly

Basically anything you can think of that a cosplayer might need as a quick fix to their prop/wig/costumes falling apart, you could bring. I wouldn't bother with anything that will take an extensive time to dry, like certains glues would.

He also carries around things that are more health-related, though I'm not sure if you're willing to go that far. He had stuff like band aids, tampons, pads, water, alcohol swabs, etc.
>>
>>9442942
Indian Brocade. It's a bit expensive but if found the right fabric I think it would be stunning. Definely take inspiration from Indian clothes as well as Arabian dancer outfits. I know Female Genie costumes are some good layouts as well, but probably not the best fabric type.
>>
>>9442942
>>9443074
Brocade MIGHT not drape nicely, it's been a while since I've used it.
But if you have a large concentration of Indians living in an area, you might be able to find stores that stock fabrics made for sari's and salwars and things like that, and that'll be the easiest way to get one.
I don't think I ever had a sari made out of brocade because it wouldn't hang delicately? I would definitely use brocade for the chest and pants, but you'll want something with more drape for the aqua colour.
>>
>>9442949
>I don't want my Chloe cosplay to end
Okay, then just change moods every few seconds, yell randomly, try to sound like what a 40 year old imagines a teenager sounds like, and never show any emotion in your face ever.
>>
File: HTB1GiKDHpXXXXbbXXXXq6xXFXXXb.jpg (253KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
HTB1GiKDHpXXXXbbXXXXq6xXFXXXb.jpg
253KB, 1000x1000px
I haven't bought a costume in a long time and can't remember how asian sizes work. and i really don't wanna buy the wrong size.

Pictured is the listings size chart and here are my measurements
Height - 5'6
Bust - 38 in
Waist - 32 in
Hips - 41 in

I tried looking at converters and guides but they're all really inconsistent. Thanks for anyone that helps!
>>
>>9443406
I'm a male btw,
>>
>>9443406
Different websites will have different measurement guides. For this, you fit medium. If you're unsure, email them an ask.
>>
Suggestions for costumes with a covered face?
>>
>>9443543
skullkid? idfk depends on what you like lol
>>
File: shimawat.jpg (38KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
shimawat.jpg
38KB, 512x512px
>>9438846
What would I make the trash can out of?
>>
File: 5O82a8W.jpg (147KB, 851x1280px) Image search: [Google]
5O82a8W.jpg
147KB, 851x1280px
Planning on doing a soldier 76 cosplay in the future.
I have a dark brown jacket thats pretty much the same style as 76's jacket. My question is though, whats the best way to add in all the jacket details? (i.e. the 76, blue, white and red parts)
Ive seen people just use leather paint and do it that way but the results always look a bit off, even if their painting skills are good.

I was wondering if an alternative option would be to buy sheets of faux leather, pattern out the colored parts like the arm pieces and 76, and then sew them on top of the jacket.
assuming my sewing skills are up to the challenge, would that end up looking weird regardless?

I kinda asked this question in a different place and someone suggested since I have the jacket already, i can just make a pattern from it and just completely recreate the jacket all together.
I feel like that might just add a whole lot more work though.
>>
>>9443639
anything, I'm looking to branch out!
>>
Where is the best place to sell used cosplay and how to price them? They are all handmade and have minimal to no wear as I've only worn them once or twice, but I'm running out of space and won't be wearing them anymore. I've seen some on etsy and ebay, but ebay seems have have higher fees. Are cosplay sites like AC paradise better? Anyone have luck with local sites like craigslist?
>>
>>9443784
Facebook groups
>>
>>9443675
You're going to get a very bulky piece if you just sew on top of a preexisting jacket with material.

Creating from scratch with a pattern from the jacket you have will look the best
>>
Has anyone here ever created or worn a costume with stilts?
Are there any suggestions or anything I should know? I want to attempt it for a cosplay (not with very tall stilts).
>>
I saw this in a different thread and was wondering the same question, regarding the wig anyway.
>>9442544
>>
>>9444000
I could have sworn ive seen fake leather thats pretty thin, it definitely wasnt thick leather like you find in leather bags or even leather jackets. I could be wrong though and saw a different kind of material that just looks like leather.
but anyways, thanks for the reply.
>>
>>9444075
I was researching it for a cosplay as well, and generally the thing with regular stilts is that you can't stand still as there is no way to level balance, so you'd have to look at the kind of stilts made for painters and things, and they tend to be super bulky so it depends on what you're aiming for.

>>9444151
Even if you get thin faux leather, you're gonna get bulk with seams and things like that.
You might end up looking chunky and not in the good way.
>>
File: TSAcha_cirno.jpg (60KB, 774x450px) Image search: [Google]
TSAcha_cirno.jpg
60KB, 774x450px
Stupid question from a stupid cosplayer, but what's a good patter for Cirno's dress?
>>
>>9444180
>Even if you get thin faux leather, you're gonna get bulk with seams and things like that.

i get what youre saying. thanks.
i might just test it out anyways, just without sewing the pieces though. the leather jacket itself isnt really that thick to begin with so ill see how much bulk it ends up giving it with the faux leather on.

if it doesnt work out. ill probably just go with Plan B and just draw a pattern of the jacket and create a new one from scratch.
>>
>>9444075
You end up looking really thin usually. But other than that I think straight up stilts are very nice, digigrade stilts can be painful and annoying to walk however.
As long as you make them big and lightweight (pvc pipes, wood) and not thin like professional stilts you can stand still on them pretty easy. They murder your calves after a lengthy con day however.
>>
>>9444248
Go look up dress patterns from Simplicity/McCall/Butterick and go on from there.
>>
>>9443406
Buy medium if that store's sizing doesn't run large/small, but still be prepared to do minor alterations if you want it to fit better.
>>
>>9444452
I have been, but I haven't seen one that gets the neckline correct. Any specific suggestions would help
>>
This is a sewing machine question since I'm at a complete loss -

My electric Brother sewing machine had to be taken apart 2 years ago because of a minor malfunction.
My mother and I got it to work again, but the foot pedal can no longer be used. We put it all back together, nothing is missing and everything is sitting where it's supposed to.

I'm sick to death of having to use the machine manually instead of just stepping on the foot pedal. However, there are no funds available to buy a new machine or have the current one repaired.

Has anyone had this type of issue before? I guess the connection between the machine and pedal is.. dead or something? We're totally unsure how to go at this.
>>
>>9444599
Is there anyway you can get another foot pedal? There's got to be spare parts on ebay or something , and electric brother machines are fairly common.
>>
File: b813a96716f7b3a87814cbb103c81f82.jpg (256KB, 1053x1500px) Image search: [Google]
b813a96716f7b3a87814cbb103c81f82.jpg
256KB, 1053x1500px
Do any anons have a favorite ebay/amazon/aliexpress shop for buying lazy sunday cosplays?

I'm looking into a simple Sailor Moon school uniform, and wanted to check in to see everyone's favorite shops.
>>
>>9444599
You missed something, try it again.
>>
Anyone have a good boot cover tutorial? Not the kind that just slip over shoes but the kind that actually attach via glue to a base shoe.
I've found one like this using google but unfortunately its just not very well explained.
>>
>>9444582
>>9444582
necklines are the easiest thing to alter. https://stitchandpink.com/2013/06/how-to-change-shape-of-neckline-and.html just accept that you are almost never going to find a perfectly accurate pattern.
>>
>>9444445
different anon, making your own stilts? Is that safe? I'd love to do it myself but I don't wanna break my ankles.

>>9444851
KamuiCosplays youtube video on her FF Monk cosplay had boot covered attached with content cement I believe
>>
File: 03070021631.jpg (117KB, 550x262px) Image search: [Google]
03070021631.jpg
117KB, 550x262px
>>9444079
I'm not good with hairstyling myself, but it looks like pic related, but with more layers for the shorter pieces near the top of the head.
>>
File: sidon35.gif (80KB, 540x837px) Image search: [Google]
sidon35.gif
80KB, 540x837px
Anyone ever tried painting a compression shirt, or a stretchy material? Without investing in an air brush kit, anyways.

I wanna cosplay this glorious dude one day, but the only part I dont think I can efficiently work out is his skin. I figured I could get compression clothes to give me the closest fit possible, but his white front is what I'd try to paint on.

Or maybe I'm just going about it the wrong way? But they definitely dont make body suits with that unique red body/white front pattern.
>>
Can i just get a quick rundown on

BB CREAM

RUNDOWN
NOW
>>
What's the best eva foam armor tutorial? I have some bookmarked but I'm sure improvements have been made in recent years.
>>
>>9445468

>>9410256
>>9405769
>>
>>9445463
>they definitely dont make body suits with that unique red body/white front pattern
Who is "they"? Get it done custom. Google custom dye sublimation zentai/bodysuits.
>>
>>9445624
Huh, didnt know that was a thing. Thanks
>>
File: 1492937865983.png (513KB, 479x684px) Image search: [Google]
1492937865983.png
513KB, 479x684px
can anyone find a sweater similar to her's?
>>
I'm probably going to sound like an idiot but does anyone have tips for paper mache? I'm making a fake arm cast and have tried a few different test runs with the whole old sock + gauze wrap trick and hardened it with a mix of mod podge and paint but they all got ruined when I took them off because they were too tight no matter how loosely I wrapped it. Thinking about going the paper mache route for my next attempt but have never done paper mache before. :~(
>>
>>9444582
This >>9444893
And you can always combine two patterns like one with the right neck line + right dress flare. You'd be too lucky if you were looking for a perfect match for $2.

>>9445731
She's not wearing a sweater. It's closer to a zip hoodie. You can always go find one in the right color/style and add the plaid details yourself, or get something from Taobao. I'm sure some Chinese factory has already made her outfit (inaccurately).
>>
File: IMG_2891.png (75KB, 482x628px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2891.png
75KB, 482x628px
Anyone have fabric suggestions for Acerola? I'm struggling between making it look cheap/homemade and nice/royal. Also her sleeves, how do they even work? They're full sleeves but she doesn't have room on her bodice to attack those? Sorry for the newbie questions.
>>
I've been put in charge of a Steampunk event in my area for middle school/high school kids and I'm trying to find good Steampunk references. Are there any good communities you guys know of or good websites to check out for ideas?
>if you don't know where to look why are you in charge
>because at the meeting i was the only one who knew what Steampunk was
>>
Anyone can recommend a youtube channel that will help with styling a cosplay wig?
>>
>>9445975
>i was the only one who knew what Steampunk was

why did you lie to them?
>>
>>9445598
>I'm sure improvements have been made in recent years

ehh not really. as long as you know how to make a good pattern and know the basics of eva foam, thats pretty much it. lots of old eva foam tutorials can still be applied today.

i guess if anything, the only major improvements is using 3d printers to help out with cosplay builds.

was there something specific that you were looking for in eva foam armor building?
>>
Any suggestions on how to help with PMS symptoms? AX falls on the worst days of my cycle and I want to limit as much bloating, sudden pimples, and digestive issues as possible. I've only ever taken Midol and sometimes that isn't enough.

I'm not on birth control and I'm not looking to start, but I'm open to diet changes and any vitamin supplements.
>>
>>9445996
I know what it is, but never joined the community. They always seemed kind of cringy to me, like SCA kind of people with 3edgy5me personas. The committee wants me to come up with activities and interactive kinds of things to do during the day, but I can't really think of things to do besides have DIY stations to make goggles, cloth accessories, and having someone show them how to paint objects to match that aesthetic.
>>
>>9444248
mccalls M6741, m6955, m7503, burda B6758, Simplicity 6392, or 6299 could all work w some minor alterations depending on the look you want. http://www.emmakespatterns.com/blog/2015/4/30/tdtww5n2erpi0qshi9eltd01tnt8t4 you could add fullness to the skirt if you wanted using this method
>>
>>9446025
I'd say drink lots of water, eat things that either won't bloat or may help bloating, and wear loose, comfortable clothes.
>>
>>9446001
desu I've never worked with it, so what I'd really like to see are a comprehensive list of its properties, like

>can you heat form it
>can you sand it
>does paint eat it
>which glues stick to it

stuff like that
>>
What's some characters for short (163cm) big titted (91cm) girls? I can only think of Tifa, hestia and chun li.
>>
>>9446225
all those concerns can be answered in pretty much any eva foam tutorials.
look up stuff by Bill Doran/Punished Props.
on his website, he has an ebook about prop making that he just recently made free.
>>
In terms of doing a Silent Hill Homecoming nurse cosplay, I'm needing some advice on the dress. I cannot tell, for the life of me, if the dress is meant to resemble latex/skin or extremely distressed cloth.

If It is latex/skin what material would I need to make it with to accomplish the look but not suffocate in the heat when it's on?
>>
>>9446225
Check out Evil Ted's youtube channel.
>>
File: horsehair.jpg (43KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
horsehair.jpg
43KB, 640x427px
I am sewing a skirt with horsehair braid for the first time. The thing is, It's a high low skirt so I'm putting a contrast color on the inside. How do I get the horsehair braid in between the 2 types of fabric? The only tutorial I've seen has you sew it on the outside of the fabric and then roll it in, but that wouldn't work in this case.
Any help is appreciated!
>>
>>9446234
>163cm
>short
That's considered tall in the anime world. Hestia, who you mentioned, is under 150cm.
Your bust size sounds average for someone of your height, especially if you're not Asian.
>>
>>9446459
Sew shell and lining together at hem, right side to each other, then then right side out, press. Pin in the horsehair, pushing it to the fold in the hem of the shell, then sew along the bottom, then top. A row of stitching will be visible at the bottom with this method. You can also try sewing the bottom of the horsehair braid to the tolerance inside instead but it may be harder to get it to sit right.
Worst (or best?) case, follow the basic tutorial for sewing horsehair to shell, press up the seam allowance for the lining along the bottom hem, then hand-tack the lining at or within the seam allowance to the rolled/folded hem of the shell.
>>
>>9446505
Thanks! I don't really want the stitching to be visible. It' a lot of skirt, but I think I may hand tack the lining, just to make sure I get it just right!
>>
File: 01P-X_xp_walker_3qrt_hires_0.jpg (71KB, 515x515px) Image search: [Google]
01P-X_xp_walker_3qrt_hires_0.jpg
71KB, 515x515px
I'm gonna be in a boot due to surgery. Any idea what character I can be where my boot would look perfect with?
>>
>>9446659
goku
>>
>>9446659
I'm kinda fat, 5'9, male and wear glasses.
>>
File: Lester_en_silla_de_ruedas.png (379KB, 697x583px) Image search: [Google]
Lester_en_silla_de_ruedas.png
379KB, 697x583px
>>9446683
sorry
>>
File: _20170423_232222.jpg (1MB, 1493x3815px) Image search: [Google]
_20170423_232222.jpg
1MB, 1493x3815px
I need to buy that coat from the second figure to cosplay Kaiki Deishuu, any recommendations in shops, an advice or something?
>>
File: ram-horn-in-factory-price.jpg (371KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
ram-horn-in-factory-price.jpg
371KB, 640x427px
I'm trying to make ramhorns for a cosplay (build it into my wig).

I have some REAL ram horns, but those are too heavy to wear. So i was wanting to make a mold of them...make a lighter plastic set and wear those. What would i use to do that?

A friend said something about a plastic sheet that i 'blow dry' onto it to take the shape?
>>
File: Kagamine.Len.full.1638034.jpg (2MB, 1598x2301px) Image search: [Google]
Kagamine.Len.full.1638034.jpg
2MB, 1598x2301px
Anyone have any advice on how to do the light up for this? I was thinking elwire but the issue I'm having is that elwire usually comes coiled up and I'm not sure how to bend it so that the corners are sharp.
>>
>>9446805
can i use https://www.tapplastics.com/product/mold_making_materials/modeling_materials/tap_instashape/654? would i be able to get it off?
>>
>>9446808
You can also get EL wire in flat strips and sheets. And the wire has some bend to it. Bend it as much as possible, then using invisible thread, you can sew it to your fabric and help it maintain that shape. It might not get perfect 90 degree angles, but you can get pretty close.
>>
>>9446805
Your friend was probably talking about worbla or wondeflex.
>>
File: 1492033824350.png (907KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
1492033824350.png
907KB, 600x750px
Where can I get shoes like these?
>>
File: 134265.jpg (21KB, 140x240px) Image search: [Google]
134265.jpg
21KB, 140x240px
Never tried this before. How can I go about either styling or fabricating a long busy beard for pic related?
>>
File: 1492938365687.jpg (76KB, 612x960px) Image search: [Google]
1492938365687.jpg
76KB, 612x960px
Didn't get much luck in the CoF thread, could anyone identify this dress for me please?
>>
>>9446953
It's AP's Dolly Maiden JSK: https://lolibrary.org/items/ap-dolly-maiden-jsk
>that strained bodice though
If you try to find it please make sure it actually fits you, don't wear it like this.
>>
>>9446805
The problem with trying to mold these is that it would create all sorts of problems with air bubbles getting caught because of the very circular shape. Best would be to just use the real horns as a reference and make some from a lightweight material, like an aluminium foil center with a paper mache covering. Google "ram horn costume/cosplay tutorial", you're bound to find something.

>>9446902
High-top sneakers, I'd assume.

>>9446928
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQKBXaDB3Lk
something like this? Linking this one because if you make it on a latex piece it would be easier to apply instead of applying the hair straight to your face, plus if you care for it a bit it's reusable. Not sure if that stuff exists in the hair length you'll need but it's worth a look.
>>
>>9446902
those are high top sneakers.

used to wear that shit back in the 90s
>>
File: tumblr_omopzyDiAm1u4jezjo1_1280.png (458KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_omopzyDiAm1u4jezjo1_1280.png
458KB, 1280x800px
I'm interested in a Scaramouch from Samurai Jack cosplay, and would love some guidance. Right now, I'm trying to figure out a good way to make the head. Also, if anyone knows what the style of clothing he's wearing is so I can look it up to see if I can find something similar, I'd greatly appreciate it.
>>
File: Libertus-Ostium-KGFFXV-Casual.png (284KB, 640x288px) Image search: [Google]
Libertus-Ostium-KGFFXV-Casual.png
284KB, 640x288px
>>9446659
>>9446683
Libertus from Kingsglaive, i know he has a cast, but the boot will be fine.
>>
>>9447497
Ok but when it's done, will you do the fandango?
>>
>>9447497
Simplicity's 2333 should work as a decent base for the coat, with only minor alterations needed.
>>
>>9447581
But of course.

>>9447631
Yeah, this looks good. Thanks!
>>
Where do you buy your worbla? Should I just go with sintra?
>>
>>9447783
Did you even try to look for it? Typing worbla into google gives you their fucking website as the first hit.
>>
>>9447786
Do you even comprehend that price varies? One online store could have it cheaper, some random store on taobao, one could have free shipping etc .
>>
File: IMG_7134.jpg (211KB, 1440x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7134.jpg
211KB, 1440x1920px
How would I go about darkening fabric? I got a costume in that looks and fits great but I feel like the color is too bright. I'd like to darken it a few shades. I've read about using coffee as dye but I've never dyed fabric before.
>>
>>9445423
Oh shoot, that wig looks great but it looks like it's out of stock everywhere. How would I style a plain old wig to look like that?
>>
File: 20170424_201000.jpg (823KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170424_201000.jpg
823KB, 2560x1440px
Does anyone have any ideas as to get the wrinkles out of this armor fabric? I ordered a cosplay online (sesshoumaru) and this is what it came with. Or should I scrap and make my own? I think handmade would look nicer but I don't know how I would even get started.
>>
>>9447844
Coffee or tea will definitely darken it. If you want it really dark, use coffee.

You simple make a lot of it and soak the entire fabric in for as long as need be - the darker you need it, the longer it soaks. Then ring out the coffee/tea from the fabric, wash it through water until the water runs clear, and let it dry naturally.
>>
So I bought a JSK recently and the backing has corset lacing instead of shirring. The ribbon is SUPER long and I'm not quite sure what to do with it. Should I cut it down some or just tie it over and over? There's a bow that goes right beneath it, should I just tie it around that behind it so it can't be seen?
>>
>>9447890
honestly i would say scrap it and make your own. look up some foam armor tutorials and go from there. shiny metallic fabric armor looks really tacky and obviously store-bought most of the time
>>
File: tumblr_nz0rp5xJcp1qb8wmpo1_1280.png (244KB, 576x864px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nz0rp5xJcp1qb8wmpo1_1280.png
244KB, 576x864px
Where can I get a tracksuit like this that isn't stupidly overpriced?
>>
>>9447890
seconding >>9447915 about using foam armor instead of fabric armor

the nice thing is that you already have a pattern there so just take that piece apart and trace it onto something like EVA foam.
>>
File: park belles.png (467KB, 953x295px) Image search: [Google]
park belles.png
467KB, 953x295px
I'm commissioning a cosplay of Belle and I'm looking at wigs but beginning to wonder if I can make it myself. Most of the pre-styled ones start at the $200 range but given it seems to be a fairly simple case of curling, pinning and creating the bouffant - which I've done with me own hair - is it something a wig novice could do? I was looking at an arda lace front wig for $72 but to get the proper "M" shape for the bangs would I need to cut in layers?

Also still trying to decide which version of the hairstyle to go with. The one on the right seems most popular but I don't think it's true to the character. The left seems more simple. Could the left image be achieved with a shorter wig and clip in ponytail? Would that even look good?
>>
>>9447913
If the ribbon is satin or another material that can be replaced easily, sure, cut it the length you need.
>>
File: truered.jpg (115KB, 801x963px) Image search: [Google]
truered.jpg
115KB, 801x963px
Any ever painted over paint before? First of all, FUCK iLoveToCreate and their Tulip "True Red" fabric paint. I mean, No one I showed this to thinks its red, everyone says its pink, it dried and set pink....man fuck them. I contacted them about it and tried to get info on the base of the paint and how to paint over it and how it would react to chemicals. They were not helpful, I assume its an acrylic, but if anyone knows, please do tell me. Im leaning towards spray paint, but if anyone has recommendations on a nice red, that will dry and not flake and can flex on a shoe, that'd be awesome.
>>
>>9448030
>the jacket is overpriced

I think you're underfunded, lad
>>
File: beard.jpg (19KB, 340x270px) Image search: [Google]
beard.jpg
19KB, 340x270px
>>9447274
What are your thoughts on weaving the beard out of yarn. I have friends who have done it before. Only issue I see is that I stylize the look a bit. Not sure if that would subtract from the project as a whole or not.
>>
>>9448383
It looks like exactly what it is: a beard made out of fucking yarn. Perfectly the norm for school or children's projects, tough luck if you're hoping for people to take a cosplay seriously.
>>
Anyone know of a cosplay website i could buy from in the UK and get click and collect at a post office?

Seems like no websites have click and collect
>>
>>9447806
worbla is one of those products that have a set price, the only chance to get it cheaper is if a valuta is in a bad spot. Anything you find cheaper on chinese sites isn't actual brand worbla

>>9448341
fabric paint will only result well if you use light cotton fabric and with the correct measurements. If you dont even know what fabric you have it's a fault on your end

>>9448383
you can brush yarn with a hard brush into quite a nice fake beard, brushed yarn gives a nice furry texture
>>
Has anyone tried out that thibra stuff arda's selling now?
>>
>>9444248
I'm doing a dumb swimsuit version of the new summer cirno for colossalcon

do you guys think it'd be better to sew white triangles on the bottom of a blue swimsuit, or just leave the swimsuit alone? If I do do that, any advice for sewing onto a swimsuit? What kind of fabric should I use so it doesn't look like shit?
>>
Store suggestions for a zentai suit?
>>
>>9448567
custom or not? http://www.herostime.com/ also for custom prints
>>
>>9448480
If there's no official swimsuit design for her, do whatever you like. Just don't cry about it when no one recognizes what your fan interpretation is supposed to be.
For sewing, I'd choose a fabric that matches the swimsuit material so that stretch would be the same and lessen the chances of looking wonky. You'll want to use a stretch stitch as well.
>>
File: BrushedYarnWig3.jpg (147KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
BrushedYarnWig3.jpg
147KB, 1024x768px
>>9448383
>>9448383
>brush yarn with a hard brush into quite a nice fake beard
You could do this, but the yarn will "break" into a shorter tuft, unfortunately. Compare left to right on my picture.

If you do use a brushed yarn weft beard, you'll probably have to make a base plate for the wefts to sit on/be sewn on/be glued on, out of felt or something, kind of like one of those cheap Santa beards but for UNDER the wefts, if I'm making sense.
>>
Can I order directly from meta for their MTO, or do I need to go through a SS or something?
>>
>>9448354
It's a track suit. Trying to find a track suit that looks like this is like pulling teeth. The best I can find is: http://a.co/0m0Y8jq the price is good, but it's too dark.
>>
>>9448452
>fabric paint will only result well if you use light cotton fabric and with the correct measurements. If you dont even know what fabric you have it's a fault on your end

I heard this from the company, tried it on cotton white, it's the same color.
>>
File: 62513366_p0.jpg (683KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
62513366_p0.jpg
683KB, 640x960px
>>9448480
I too was inspired by her beautiful tan version. But why a swimsuit ver?
>>
File: maleficent-costume-1-336x480.jpg (45KB, 336x480px) Image search: [Google]
maleficent-costume-1-336x480.jpg
45KB, 336x480px
Can someone give me some advice? Because sometimes I do things stupidly and take the long way round instead of seeing an easier solution.

I want to make some wings for Maleficent, and I have 2-3 months to do them. I'd like to make them articulated, but I'm a bit nervous of the whole harness thing as I don't have a lot of time to fiddle about with it. I see some people making them, and others using ones from costumes. Are there any that people would recommend?
>>
>>9449646
because it's colossalcon and that's a meme there

the con is at a waterpark so everyone just does swimsuit cosplays

I'm going back and forth on whether or not I should actually try to get tan for this cosplay lol
>>
File: 1492866444151.jpg (213KB, 553x600px) Image search: [Google]
1492866444151.jpg
213KB, 553x600px
>>9449661
I see. I'm not very familiar with colossalcon. While I was never discouraged from cosplaying characters who aren't my skin tone, it feels good when there's a tan/brown character that I can pull off
>>
How do I cut down the hard edges on EVA foam?
>>
File: IMG_20170420_231518.jpg (551KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170420_231518.jpg
551KB, 2048x2048px
>>9449672
ah that's so nice for you then!

I'm not gonna try to darken my skin with makeup or anything because I know I'd take so much shit for that, so if I end up still pale by the con, so be it. I just really like the flair that the flower accessories add to her outfit.

Cirno sure is a qt
>>
File: 1492744086222.jpg (44KB, 375x589px) Image search: [Google]
1492744086222.jpg
44KB, 375x589px
>>9449681
Yeah, I wouldn't think it would be that much of a deal about the tan. Hell, half the fanart has her normal skintone still. Good luck, fellow
>>
File: beard2.jpg (72KB, 360x480px) Image search: [Google]
beard2.jpg
72KB, 360x480px
>>9448418
Little harsh, but you're not wrong.

>>9448452
>>9448634

Ended up finding one that might work with styling through cosplaysupplies.com (pictured, except in black) I was thinking I could comb it out to get that kind of wild unkept look senshi has for it. Any tips on what kind of styling would help reach that look? >>9446928
>>
What's a good way to deal with backless costumes? I don't want my bra straps to show.
>>
File: images.jpg (6KB, 196x257px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 196x257px
>>9449907
depending on how big your boobs are, I suggest a backless strapless bra. They don't really offer support but they will keep your chest from going everywhere.
>>
If I need two size foot spears will 1" pvc be a no go and too floppy? Or could I give it a core of dowels to give the tub some strength? Looking into pvc mostly because I could make it split apart in the middle with some screw attachments for easy transport

Trying to hunt down wooden flagpoles that can be unscrewed into pieces but those seems to be out of my budget or too thin.
>>
Anyone know max measurements for this dress? Can't find pics of any bigger gals rocking it.
>>
This helped me a lot. Thanks guys! :)
>>
File: GUR1_original.jpg (343KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
GUR1_original.jpg
343KB, 600x600px
I want to wear a pillow case as the main component of a cosplay. The problem I'm having is that it needs to be expanded a few inches to match the circumference of my torso. What would be the best way to go about this?
>>
>>9449997
that's because fat girls can't fit into that dress unless it's a replica
if you aren't close to that girl's size it's gonna look stupid on you
>>
would anyone know if this guy's suit is like an unbranded flight/motorcyclist body suit or something that was actually made. I notice the labels on the arms has something like KBOMV on it but i didnt get anything searching for that.
>>
File: 366321.jpg (75KB, 498x332px) Image search: [Google]
366321.jpg
75KB, 498x332px
Hello! I was wondering if anybody had any tips for diffusing LED strips as thinly as possible? I'm trying to get an even & smooth distribution of light (similar to EL tape) without it being too thick. I'm trying to keep it under 1/4 in if that's even possible. From my limited experience with LEDs, I found that a lot of space between the LED and the surface of whatever I'm using to diffuse it work best but for this project, the thinner it is the better. Any advice?
>>
>>9450359

Hmm, is it possible for you to change the angle of the strip so it's not head-on in the piece? I'm guessing you don't have enough space to flip it backwards and bounce the light off the back, but maybe if you have the strip oriented perpendicular, it'll give you enough space to diffuse the light better?
>>
>>9442510
Look for a sorting hat from Harry Potter and modify it?
>>
File: PIXECT-20170421202043.jpg (30KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
PIXECT-20170421202043.jpg
30KB, 800x600px
>>9435252
Who can I cosplay /cgl/
>>
>>9449966
Should be fine

>>9450143
Upholstery foam?

>>9450359
>>9450377
definitely try to angle it, 1/4 is not enough to diffuse it properly
>>
>>9450453
You're new to this aren't you?
>>
>>9450455
You give me JD vibes from the Heathers musical. Like specifically from the stage production version, not the movie. Pomp your hair, get a trenchcoat, and a slushie and you're good.
>>
File: Inori_Yuzuriha.jpg (252KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Inori_Yuzuriha.jpg
252KB, 1600x1600px
I'll be cosplaying Inori Goldfish ver. soon, the cosplay should be ready soon but I was wondering if there's any way to still have some support in my breasts? I'll be buying pasties for potential slip ups for sure, but I'm currently brainstorming for other options as well
>>
File: images.jpg (13KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
13KB, 205x246px
Need some help how to do this cosplay
>>
Noticed there's no wig thread so hopefully someone can help here.

What Amazon sellers have the best wigs on the cheaper end? I could order something nice from Arda but I'd rather get something lower end but passable since it will only be for one cosplay. Preferably whatever is cheap but can be cut/styled and worn a few times without exploding, nothing too fancy.
>>
>>9450784
get a wig, get fabric, get patterns, get nice gold/yellow lace that goes with the artwork, get some green ballerinas, and white fabric dye to make the light markings
>>
>>9450827
i have no experience making clothes
>>
>>9450836
why ask how to make something if you lack even the desire to learn the skills necessary to make it?
>>
>>9450784
Specific questions, please. We are not going to hold your hand and show you how to thread a sewing machine.
>>
>>9450784
>>9450836
then commission it.
>>
>>9450841
looking for good places to purchase it
>>
>>9450873
and hopefully somewhere in the uk
>>
>>9450455
Looks like a disney smile, maybe Aladdin
>>
>>9449761
You could try spiking the tufts for a more cartoony look: https://youtu.be/JCbWRcLobrw?t=182 (at around the 3 min mark if the timestamp URL doesn't work, and you can stop watching after the spikes are made)
Going from the reference I think this would look nice.
>>
How do I even get started on making a Demonica helmet?
>>
Need to paint stretch neoprene with a solid shape. Plastidip or airbrushed jacquard lumiere?
>>
>>9450455
someone who knows how to use the suggestions thread
>>
>>9447912
The only thing I'm worried about is some spots becoming darker than others due to absorbing more coffee. Is there a way to avoid that?
>>
Does anyone know where can I find
Nuigurumâ Z movie to watch? It depicts a Lolita in a super sentai comedy show and I've been quite curious to see it.
>>
>>9451164
if youre lucky you can find someone who made a pepakura template for it, from there on it's following pepakura foam craft tutorials

>>9451191
I painted lycra with a 50-50 acrylic / liquid latex mix, worked great. Airbrush also works. No idea about plastidip
>>
>>9451376
Try Nyaa, anon. I just found it there.
>>
File: uncle death 18.png (274KB, 721x1107px) Image search: [Google]
uncle death 18.png
274KB, 721x1107px
Making an Uncle Death cosplay, but I've never made a build before. I have the props and stuff planned out and such, but I need help finding the name of a certain kind of boots. I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to clothing types, so any help is appreciated. Looking for the boots worn in pic related.

Also looking for a skull mask that looks as close to Uncle Death's as possible, but also not having much luck. I'd prefer if it could be cut or split at the jaw and possibly sewn onto a black morphsuit, so that when I'd speak, the jaw would move appropriately as well. Any pointers and recommendations are appreciated
>>
>>9451522
They're just high top boots with green laces. As for the mask, this took me all of 5 seconds to find https://www.spirithalloween.com/product/accessories/masks/skeletons/glow-in-the-dark-skull-mask/pc/1921/c/2199/sc/2203/59178.uts?thumbnailIndex=19
>>
File: uncle death 14.jpg (78KB, 750x410px) Image search: [Google]
uncle death 14.jpg
78KB, 750x410px
>>9451543
I suppose I should get an in-game screenshot for clarity. The laces on everything is yellow, the other image I posted makes them appear green though.

I searched around for high top boots, but couldn't find anything that was tall enough or not covored in buckles and straps. I know I won't find anything exactly correct, there isn't anything I'm seeing that looks even halfway right. As for the mask, it does bear resemblance, but it has the issue that I've been having for the past week, wherein it's covered in cracks and decay. If worse comes to worst, I may just have to commision a custom mask.

Thanks for the link/suggestion though, it's narrowed down the hunt a bit
>>
File: tipsboater.jpg (17KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tipsboater.jpg
17KB, 400x400px
My local Radio Shack is finally dying.

What are some nice prop-making things I can pick up on clearance? LED lights? Switches?
>>
File: 20170426_221857.jpg (272KB, 912x1632px) Image search: [Google]
20170426_221857.jpg
272KB, 912x1632px
>>9451561
I just used regular high top boots for mine, bought yellow shoe laces, and tied them up manually. Theres youtube tutorials on that. But really these boots have seen me though many different cosplays. Got them at a random payless years ago for another cosplay and havent looked back sense.
>>
File: uncle death 378.jpg (47KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
uncle death 378.jpg
47KB, 640x960px
>>9451561
Also, you dont have to go that far for a mask. Just use a cheap plastic halloween mask, theyre a dime a dozen. Mine could definitely be better since it was more stylized and less realistic but it worked, and theyre easily replaceable. People were more fixated on the shades than the mask.

Especially in UD's case, the glasses and hood conceal any minor details anyways. And if you want to go the extra mile, the jaws are easily cutabble. You could very easily velcro the jaw to a morphsuit if you really want to go that route. But I think its a little much given how covered up UD is in general from head to toe.
>>
File: magicaldva.jpg (235KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
magicaldva.jpg
235KB, 600x600px
First time posting but I need help with this costume (image related). I'm not gonna be cosplaying this but a friend will be. She sent me this image and asked me to make it but I can only make circle skirts and I told her that but she thinks I can actually make this. I'm having problems figuring out what the pattern would look like. I am horrible with bodices and such :(((
>>
>>9451164
Cut some holes in a plastic trash can. Build the rest out of PVC.

Seriously.
Pepakura is a meme for shit like this. Learn to improvise.

>>9451561
>>9451522
>>9451801
3D print it.

>>9449660
Is there your first time doing wings?
If so, don't articulate it. Go for something simple like

http://pre09.deviantart.net/54b0/th/pre/i/2013/044/3/d/tutorial__how_to_make_light_weight_wings__kamael__by_elenaleetah-d5rka9y.jpg

Wings take experience. If you're starting out just now, go for a simple and unfettered design.

>>9447890
Throw it away and make your own

>>9446805
Depends on the size. I'd just carve them out of foam myself. Trying to cast a mold for something that big is a waste of time and effort.

and money.
>>
>>9451832
This is pretty complicated and unless your friend is used to weird undergarments it will be hard to wear since the way it's built offers little room for anything but a stick-on bra. The dress thing is nice enough to show where the seam are and can be built with panels.

I'd say just let your friend know how you feel. As someone who used to attempt to make things for friends and we both ended up unhappy it isn't worth it.
>>
>>9451848
Yeah I'm confused with how it would all be worn; like is it a blue body suit or?? but yea I think I'll just tell her I can't make it and send her a link to a few commissioners. I guess she saw some of my own cosplays I sewed but they were all really basic pleated or circle skirts with little bodice work. Thanks for the input :')
>>
>>9451832
Your friend probably saw the bottom half of the dress and thought it's circle skirt-like enough that you can totally make the rest.

Let your friend know if you don't believe you can take it on. If she still insists or throws out the "I don't mind if it doesn't look perfect (because you're better at sewing than me)", you should charge her upfront for a non-refundable deposit and cost of the raw materials at least, since it looks like it's something you'd need to take a lot of your own time and effort to pattern/figure out properly.
>>
File: uncle death 17.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
uncle death 17.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>9451799
I searched through more, and found that "boxer boots" are extremely similar if not exactly what Uncle Death wears, so I'll go with a pair of those and re-lace them with yellow. Also, after seeing your boots, putting yellow tape along the rim is genius, will do that too.

>>9451801
I have quite a bit of extra cash to toss around since getting a new job, so I wanted to go for something as similar as I could even if it costs a bit more. This'll probably be a cosplay that I use for quite awhile, so I'm valuing accuracy a bit too highly. I can see what you're saying about the mask not being the center of attention though. I'll keep searching for a halloween mask that could be cut at the jaw and velcro'd on, but if I can't find any, then I'm leaning more towards commissioning something from Etsy or similar. Thank you for the pointers though!
>>
File: led strip fade.gif (4MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
led strip fade.gif
4MB, 480x270px
>>9450377
>>9450484

Thanks for the tips, anons. I don't think I'll have enough room to angle the LEDs, but it was a long shot anyway! I might just put up with them being less diffused than I'd like and try to redo them with EL tape at another time.

On that note, the reason why I went with LEDs instead of EL tape was because I wanted the lights to have a fade-in/fade-out effect, which I only knew how to do with LEDs/Arduino (from googling a ton of tutorials).

Does anyone know how I could go about doing the same effect for EL tape? I've tried looking up more tutorials, but it's a lot more complicated than the LED set-up and I don't know a lot about this stuff to start with.
>>
i have some real and faux leather i need to color for a cosplay.
is it better to dye them or paint them? I need a method that will be able to withstand lots of bending/movement.
>>
Cosplaying as Takumi from Kabaneri Of The Iron Fortress for 2018.

Do these look like traditional Japanese garb or does a good majority of the wardrobe look like it has to be built from scratch?
>>
>>9446710
Nah no need for apologies. I kinda chuckled.
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (266KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
266KB, 1600x1600px
Need glowing blue led lights for Nightwing's stick, but preferably glowing enough for day time.

El wire or el tape? Also which brand light up enough to see in daytime? Also also, 3V or 12V?
>>
>>9451836
Thanks anon, I'll go for the simple wings.
>>
>>9452653
save yourself the money and use LEDs instead.
>>
>>9450700
may be a little uncomfortable buy you could use some athletic tape to pull them upward
>>
File: 1493350716170.jpg (1MB, 3648x5472px) Image search: [Google]
1493350716170.jpg
1MB, 3648x5472px
What fabric did she use for the hood? It seems like linen but the linen I've used frays really bad while it doesn't seem the case here.
>>
>>9445779
Bump
>>
>>9453014

LED diod's? or they come in these shapes too? what are they called?
>>
File: 7fbf7337bc1565c4f73406eac003c522.jpg (198KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
7fbf7337bc1565c4f73406eac003c522.jpg
198KB, 900x1200px
Would anyone happen to know where I can find someone to commission a 3d model for 3d printing or recommend a good modeler? Id like to have the Skull and Horns modeled like this guys in the image but idk who to ask
>>
What brand would you guys think would give off the best glow in daylight (thinking of day time conventions) with led strips, led lights, el wire or led wire?
>>
>>9453237
It's burlap or a very similar fabric, like an upholstery fabric with the backing ripped off (I've done and made similar garments). Check the burlap/utility section or upholstery section of your fabric store.
>>
>>9453465
you take something like a maglitet LED flashlight and acrylic tube tinted blue
>>
Is there a wig thread rnow? I can't seem to find it
>>
File: super-pink.jpg (56KB, 280x600px) Image search: [Google]
super-pink.jpg
56KB, 280x600px
Anyone used Rit Dye More, the synthetic dye?
I have something I want to dye a pastel and I am worried that it will not dilute as well as regular RIT. I can only find tutorials that use a whole bottle.
>>
>>9454369

Thanks! ^_^
>>
File: Kanna_Kamui_Anime_Concept_Art.png (424KB, 508x810px) Image search: [Google]
Kanna_Kamui_Anime_Concept_Art.png
424KB, 508x810px
I need help making those balls in her hair. I was thinking maybe large beeds? But they wouldnt look right. Any suggestions?
>>
>>9455186

Styrofoam balls, get them on eBay in various sizes. A whole bag isn't that expensive. Paint and use Mod Podge to seal, pain again and Mod Podge again to solidify it.
>>
>>9455186
they are large beads though. I would say use hollow plastic ball pit balls to keep the weight down and paint and gloss them. Just cut or drill holes and sand down any roughness.
>>
Would McCalls 5185 pattern do well for Lana from pokemon sun/moon? I've typically used augmented pj patterns for pants like these, but I'm not sure it will work this time.
>>
>>9455228
Might not be baggy enough but that's easy to mod. Please post pictures next time.
>>
What material should I choose for the yellow thingys in the shoulders and abdomen?
>>
File: 9446982717_97821d7a34.jpg (63KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
9446982717_97821d7a34.jpg
63KB, 300x400px
>>9455415
Shit I forgot to post image
>>
>>9455417
Those are regular military shoulder boards, usually made of fabric over cardboard. His dont seem stiff though, so just thicken it with some felt or something. The waist looks like the same thing but I'd say go with a stiff backing so it doesnt crease when you move. For the fabric I'd go with a polyester to get that uniform look. Nothing shiny though.
>>
>>9454594
learn how to use the catalog
>>
>>9455480
The ones in the waist look like they could be some sort of glossy material tho
>>
File: 150907_09__13146.1441693153.jpg (855KB, 988x1280px) Image search: [Google]
150907_09__13146.1441693153.jpg
855KB, 988x1280px
Is there any consensus on Fanplusfriend dresses? I know that they're Chinese but are their clothes replicas or really bad messes? I'm interested in pic related but as I wear Larme I'm not familiar with this brand.
>>
i'm new to lolita, where do you find cute lolita-worthy cardigans?
>>
new fag here.
I want to do this cosplay of a Sailor Jupiter RPG mash-up and I'm not quite sure how to go about it. any advice would be appreciated
>>
>>9456276
If you're new to cosplay it won't look good. You'll spend a lot of money on supplies for a subpar result and hate yourself in the end. Don't go smoking NoFlutter
Thread posts: 345
Thread images: 109

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.