[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking for quality panelists

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: challenge.jpg (8KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
challenge.jpg
8KB, 400x300px
Yo, any suggestions for panelists that deserve guest status? I'm looking for new talent to bring quality stuff to the table. Cost isn't an issue so suggestions from both coasts of the country are cool. Links are helpful!
>>
Show Us You Pokeballs (Midwest) is a terrible group to bring. They wanted too much money for the amount of trouble they caused us. A nearby con picked up Manly Battleships (East Coast), so we might go with them next year as well.
>>
Down south there's a few groups. Vitamin H, MEK, and maybe Hyperdimension or whatever their name is. Vitamin and MEK are high quality. Hyper is a mixed bag.
>>
Seconding Vitamin H. Greggo's Game Shows if interactive stuff is what you want. Manly Battleships are great, too.
>>
File: oF1nZcFt.jpg (42KB, 439x439px) Image search: [Google]
oF1nZcFt.jpg
42KB, 439x439px
>>9435104

Astrokerrie is an awesome person and a great panelist, though she is in Australia.
Probably worth a try though to see if the logistics work out.
>>
>>9435104
Epic Panels (midwest) has always been good. They've done a bunch of shows throughout Ohio and some east coast come.
>>
>>9435104
Are you looking for cosplay panelists too? Not T&A cosplayers, ones who would actually give workshops on techniques.
>>
My con does Vitamin H and they also cover panels if there's a cancellation. They actually had to cover for me once because I came down with strep last year. They're pretty cool and are flexible.

I've run into Greggo's at few cons I've worked but I'm not fan. That's just personal opinion, though. He seems to do great work, I just think he's annoying on a personal level.
>>
>>9440880
I found greggos panels to be dry adaptations of cheesy tv ones. Plus the few I've been to be was drunk the whole time
>>
Vitamin H is great. Definitely look them up, I've never seen them do a bad or boring panel, and they do alot of different stuff
>>
The Anime Rest Stop are a fantastic group of guys who do some really great anime/gaming panels: http://www.theanimereststop.com/

Vitamin H are fantastic, too. Lots of stuff that's kinda weird and offbeat, but super interesting: http://vitaminh.info/index.html

There was also someone I saw at AWA a couple years ago called something like "Miss Terious Mysteries", who did an amazing panel on Japanese ghost stories. Anyone else know them?
>>
>>9441126
Greggo's a good dude, and if drinking was your big problem - he doesn't drink anymore.

We got off to a rocky start, but I respect the guy, and from the perspective of a con organizer I can tell you he's a straight shooter. His panels appeal largely to a younger audience, and they love the shit out of them. Well-produced interactive panels are few and far between - he's well worth the price.

If you straightforwardly tell him your needs, goals, and budget he's very reasonable and easy to work with. None of that dancing around offers shit needed - he knows what he's willing to work for, won't be offended at a lowball, he'll just politely decline and tell you what he actually needs.
>>
Samurai Dan
Greggo
Both Midwest staples and very talented.
>>
>>9441616
"samurai dan" is full of himself

any fat middle aged dude who unironically calls himself a samurai is probably a piece of shit
>>
>>9441616
This guy must work for nostalgia conventions...
>>
>>9440060
second Greggo's Game Shows. I especially like when he does game shows with other guests.
>>
Cosplay Dating Game
Cosplay Court
>>
>>9440828
I don't have suggestions, but if you have cosplayers doing panels, it would be great to display some of their old costumes in the dealer's room. (Behind glass or what have you.) I'd be more interested in being able to just stare at Yaya or J. Hart's costumes for five minutes than I would to attend their panels or bump into them.
>>
>>9435104
These guys give great presentations.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CV31FEf8crM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Obglp35I1M8
Fair warning, they lean towards SJW when not on stage but not obnoxiously so.

Charles Dunbar does some great anime x japanese mythology panels.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5-m7aIUkZo
>>
>>9447998
tell me more about both if its not just a random idea
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.