[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cosplay pet peeves

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 321
Thread images: 43

What are some things that you see in alot of cosplays that just piss you off

I'll start, cosplayers who have a good outfit but their makeup is shit or nonexistent. Seeing a good or amazing costume and then no effort put into makeup just makes me sad.
>>
>>9434667
>Bad wigs. I've seen cosplays that would've been amazing ruined by cheap wigs and poor styling (or no styling).

>Those people that act like you really ARE the character
>>
>>9434674
I feel you on that anon
>>
>>9434667
>good costume
>CONVERSES
>not even same colour, ugly busted converses
>>
File: 8627278188_ac27559847_b.jpg (130KB, 642x960px) Image search: [Google]
8627278188_ac27559847_b.jpg
130KB, 642x960px
Paint rubbing off on collars
Winged eyeliner for every character
Bright lipstick (on cosplays that'd require natural makeup)

>>9434678
Ratty old sneakers in general, really.
>>
>>9434683
This should be asked in the spoonfeeding thread, but it's probably faster to ask it here
How would you recommend keeping paint off of collars? Sealants never seem to last for me.
>>
>>9434690
The ONLY way to partially stop this is by using PAX paint, which is a 1:1 combination of acrylic paint (yes, non-skin acrylic) and Pros-Aide (a skin adhesive). I say partially because even this will rub off with enough time.

Some issues with PAX are that acrylic paint isn't made for skin use, it needs to be patted down with powder since Pros-Aide is very sticky (which will lighten the color of the paint assuming you're using regular white powder), it will destroy any brush that isn't washed immediately after, and it's ridiculously difficult to remove (water won't help, have fun peeling it off!)

>>9434683 sounds like he has no experience with body paint and nitpicking about an incredibly difficult issue to fix.
>>
>>9434683
>sneakers
Goddamnit I hate THIS SO MUCH.
>>
>>9434683
I find it difficult for me to not do some kind of a wing unless the character has a very obvious style of makeup. My eyes are a bit close together and the wing helps balance them out more.
>ratty sneakers
Having some nam flashbacks to inuyasha cosplayers. I don't know how anyone could honestly be alright with wearing these with a costume, especially like pic related. Soooo out of place.
>>
>>9434700
>9434683 (You) sounds like he has no experience with body paint and nitpicking about an incredibly difficult issue to fix.
Actually I was speaking from experience. I had two cosplays at my last con involving paint on my neck and both rubbed off on my collars. One wasn't that much of a big deal but the other one was pretty embarrassing and I didn't want pictures after I noticed it.
Still though, if you're doing a photoshoot, edit that shit out.
>>
File: IMG_9503.jpg (223KB, 1296x972px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9503.jpg
223KB, 1296x972px
Deadpool cosplayers making themselves out to be some kind of big deal.
>posts in every relevant Facebook group
>bringing deadpool out this weekend! Have some great stuff planned it's going to be soooo funny!!!
Thought it might have just been something to do with the local cosplayers, but then I moved and realized how many do this.
Sometimes it also applies to those people who wear only one character's costume and still try to force themselves into being relevant.
By all means, be part of the community and post your plans for events, but try to stop being so obnoxious about it.
>>
This is JJBA specific but I really hate when people do the line makeup on their face to replicate the manga... It always looks like shit and a lot of time ruins an otherwise decent cosplay.
>>
>>9434735
Last con I went to, one Deadpool cosplayer tried to make a joke about my cosplay and it was so embarrassing because he wasn't funny at all but he was trying so hard.
>>
>>9434742
I feel the same way about cell shaded makeup. I think it has to be executed almost perfectly for it to even look decent. Sadly, not many people get it right.

I get what people are going for stylistically with JJBA but it never looks good
>>
>>9434751
>>9434742
They should just do intense contour (Like... drag queen level) and call it a day.
>>
People doing heavy beauty makeup for characters that actually wear very little to no makeup. (For example, someone cosplaying as Moana and doing drag queen makeup)
>>
People who brag they don't need makeup. 9 times outta 10 they are plain as fuck and bitch about how they look in photos after.
>>
>>9434701
Yeah I don't need people to have 100% accurate shows but at least make them remotely appropriate for your character. Everyday sneakers are only okay when you're poor and 16 and it's 2001.
>>
Eyebrow color should be same as or a bit darker than wig color, everyone needs wigs unless either a) the character is live action and cosplayer hair happens to look just like it or b) character is animated and has realistic hair that is short and cosplayer hair happens to look like it already.

Innaccurate but clearly deliberate choices often look better than eh "close enough" or "idc" choices.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (217KB, 1858x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
217KB, 1858x1080px
Gluing eyebrows to hide them.
Jfc it NEVER looks good. Either the gluing/concealing stage looks like shit and lumpy, or the drawn on brows are shit and look poorly drawn.
>>
People having bright or obnoxious nail polish on a character it doesn't suit. It drives me crazy to see neon orange nail polish on an otherwise amazing cosplay.
>>
File: IMG_6132.jpg (18KB, 222x233px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6132.jpg
18KB, 222x233px
>>9434824
God, this. Faded brows don't ever look batural, why would you even...

Speaking of brows, I couldn't be assed to dig for cosplayers doing it but I've seen pic related on way too many characters.
>>
"I don't need a wig anon, my hair looks just like that"

i get it, wigs can be scary but like, why not avoid looking like shit if you can?
>>
Closet cosplays. I'm talking about these people who put on an unstyled wig and take some clothes out of their closet and claim they're cosplaying.
>>
>>9434690
Honestly the simplest thing told to me (i use for fake tattoos or smaller areas)

1 part lotion to one part acrylic paint. Mix and apply lightly (its still a strong pigment), then seal with cheap hairspray after paint dries. Doesn't rub super easy and with water/shower comes off with a small rub.

Even if it does rub it perls/crumbles.

Never tried on large areas of skin
>>
>>9435086
>how to ruin your skin and potentially your cosplay 101

Just fucking use PAX, it's not even that hard to remove.
>>
>>9434674
What's worse, a bad wig or no wig at all?
>>
>>9435092
Do you even know what the X in PAX stands for?
>>
>>9434735
I know Harley Quinn gets flak for being an attention where costume, but jesus christ Jokers and Deadpools are always so fucking self-important.
>>
>>9435143
no wig.
at least with the bad wig an effort was made.
>>
>>9435185
I do, but are you aware that the reason it's considered safe is because the Pros Aide binds the paint and keeps it out of your skin?

Also, you think hairspray is a good way to seal any sort of make up, you're not in position to recommend methods of make up to people.
>>
I fucking hate when people try to shoehorn those ugly ass worbla bikini armor outfits into every goddamn series. it's just a lazy excuse to show off craftsmanship that just ends up backfiring hardcore.
oh and i hate when any cosplay element is horribly inaccurate from the source material just cause the cosplayer was too lazy or stupid to do a google search.
>>
>>9434970
I learned this the hard way last year but thankfully the photographer was good enough to minimize how shitty my brows looked.

>>9435143
To me personally, normal hair. Bad wig shows at least some effort was put in. No wig just looks lazy
>>
Anyone over 25
>>
>>9435038
Sometimes your hair really does look like that though and a wig is pointless for certain characters.
>>
File: 1379150138289.jpg (1KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
1379150138289.jpg
1KB, 100x100px
>>9435258
>>
>>9435343
no.
>>
>>9435343
This is 99.99% of the time never the case. It's never the case often enough that saying never is basically correct.

I personally have one of the rare exceptions. The only context in which I have ever not worn as wig had been for Yuuri Katsuki, because I'm actually an Asian dude with actually that haircut, which is short and slicked back and would otherwise require an awkward and difficult to style lace front. But I'm still gonna tell everyone to never cosplay without a wig, because I know that the odds of all those variables lining up for everybody are bullshit.
>>
Cosplayers who decide to take on huge, complex projects a month out from the convention, then spend every day bitching on social media about how much work they have to do in such little time.
Maybe stop posting pics of your huge to do list every day and actually WORK ON YOUR COSPLAY
>>
>>9435343
If it's extremely short (ie. scalp is showing) or hairline is showing, *sometimes* it's okay to go wigless. If the character has an unnatural hair color though, forget it and get a wig.
Like what >>9435592 said. I've found lacefronts even look awkward, especially the slicked back ones, because there's too much volume and it looks weird. They're best for characters with hairline showing and volume, basically.

On that note, I have a peeve for people who just dye their hair for a character with an unnatural color. Even if you dyed it the night before, it just doesn't look as good as a wig.
>>
shiny fabric that isn't supposed to be shiny. WHY.
>>
>>9434667
Fusion cosplays.

Get your slave Leia Disney Princess flavor of the month fusion out of my goddamn con and put on some pants. If you want to dress like a skank, pick a character that does it and make THAT costume, you lazy piece of shit.

Also flavor of the month costumes in general. I feel bad for the good ones because after the fifth Yuri on Ice cosplayer I see I just do not GIVE a fuck. You better be that one guy in the current thread wearing Phichit's ice show costume because anything else is boring and I don't care because it's EVERYWHERE. And if I took a shot every time I saw a Harley Quinn cosplayer starting at 10:00 AM, I'd be in the hospital for alcohol poisoning before 11.
>>
>>9435756
>slave Leia Disney princess
>tfw Disney bought Lucas Arts
>tfw Leia is a literal Disney princess now
>being this angry about a legitimate cosplay
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>9435836
That's not what they meant and you know it, autismo
>>
>>9435742
I don't really get this, isn't satin expensive? Not to mention it's a slippery fabric so it's kind of a pain to sew, and it loves to buckle.
>>
>>9435143
I think a bad wig can be worse in terms of "oh god that ratty mess is never going to be salvaged it -needs- to go into the trash", but I agree with the other anons in that they at least tried to wig.

>>9435756
Haha, whenever I cosplay a FotM thing I try to do a side character that I know will probably be forgotten by cosplayers. You're spot on though, after your fifth or so cosplayer you just kind of start to get a blind spot for them.

Personal peeve that hasn't been mentioned yet is more cosplayer than cosplay, but when people repeatedly spam for "any pics of me??? i already asked like five times but no response teehee uwu"
>>
>>9435841
Costume satin is cheap, which is why people/some China factories use it to make cosplays with.
Costume satin also happens to be Satan when it comes to any form of photography.
>>
File: IMG_0398.jpg (36KB, 480x561px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0398.jpg
36KB, 480x561px
>>9434966
>tfw it's hard as hell to cover up my black eyebrows.
>been cosplaying for years, still can't master it.
>>9435143
Bad wig. I'll at least appreciate the effort.
>>
>>9435839
it still isn't a legitimate complaint.
Slave Leia exists in SW and not only that but that look has become iconic. It's not just some twat slutting up a character for attention.
>>
File: slave disney princesses.jpg (42KB, 620x470px) Image search: [Google]
slave disney princesses.jpg
42KB, 620x470px
>>9435955
They're very specifically talking about crossover Slave -insert random Disney Character- you absolute fucking walnut.
>>
>>9435956
Haha okay fair enough, I misread, I agree those fusions are pretty terrible
>>
>>9435956
>when you're thin but still have fat rolls
That must fucking suck
>>
>>9435975
Do you not understand how the human body works??
>>
>>9435956
>white, "slave" Pocahontas
Ok.
>>
>>9435143
>>9435196
>>9435237
>>9435947
Really dumb question (cosplay newbie here) but, do I really need a wig if my hair is the same color, lenght and texture as the character I'm cosplaying as?
>>
>People cosplaying blonde characters with piss yellow wigs
>People cosplaying fluo haired characters with highlighter tier wigs
>Aegyo sal
>Cakey make up. It looks horrible on every cosplay
>Double eyelid make up on white people
>People acting like you/they are the character
>People cosplaying "meme" version of characters
>Bellydancer, armor, whatever AU
>SPray painted hair
>Drag queen tier of make up on characters that are supposed to be natural
>Girls thinking they make good males by concealing their lips
>Cosplay Jealousy ("But *I* did that character first!!")
>Deadpool cosplayers being quirky XD
>>
>>9436009
YIKES i didn't even realize who she was at first
>>
>>9436009
Yikes

A pet peeve: people who repeatedly paint things onto cosplays that should not be painted.
>tfw know of a semi-prominent cosplayer that does this
>they have recently started calling themselves a "cosplay guest" to events
>thinks they're the best at who they cosplay
>cosplays are badly constructed otherwise
>pls learn to sew

Also, seconding>>9434824
Especially if there's a canon makeup design.
>>
File: overlay-portrait-soldier-76[1].png (107KB, 702x378px) Image search: [Google]
overlay-portrait-soldier-76[1].png
107KB, 702x378px
>>9435731
What would you do for characters like Soldier 76 with short receding hair of an unnatural colour?
>>
>>9436025
yes, because wigs have more volume and are not greasy like natural hair. Trust me, use a wig
>>
>>9436143
I've seen some good soldier cosplayers use spray-on color, that just makes their hair look salt'n'pepper. It works if you can do it right, but the problem is that most don't have an eye for it.
>>
>>9436025

The problem is that whatever texture and volume your hair has to start... it's going to lose after a few sweaty hours at the convention. I've seen many friends with beautiful hair look like train wrecks by the end of the day.

Unless you're cosplaying a character who has slicked, greasy hair... always go wig.
>>
>newbie asks where he can buy wigs for cosplay, on a Facebook group
>everyone answeres with the most expensive alternatives like arda and wig is fashion. Both of them have horrendous shipping costs internationally. And say that he should get a lace front wig, even though they don't know what cosplay he is making.

If you're new to cosplay, eBay will work fine! You just have to search a bit longer for a good wig.
>>
>>9436357
I do have a tendency to recommend Arda or Epic when people ask about a wig, but I don't feel like sifting through eBay for specific listings.

>lacefront
Jeez though.
>>
>>9434970
This, tried it years ago and it looked like ass, any recommendations on how to cover thick, black eyebrows, anon?
>>
>>9436025
yes always. wigs dont lose there shape if styled correctly as opposed to real hair.
color spray doesnt work it always looks wrong.
>>
>>9436143
just get a wig man.
>>
>>9436357
Ughhhh another peeve of mine. People who think lacefront = best quality. If anything lacefronts will get ruined faster especially if you don't take care of them, because the lace will weaken and rip over time
>>
>>9436357
the chances of them getting a disaster from arda and the likes are less than telling a total newbie to go to ebay.
>>
>>9436143
Thy makeup a hair makeup for theater stuff meant to make people look older. Just make your hair the right length and style it
>>
>>9436036
>>SPray painted hair
Do people still do this?
>>
>>9435975
Yeah, those aren't fat rolls.
>>
>>9437225
I saw it at my last con (a week ago), yeah.
It's not all that common but there's still those normies with babby's first cosplay what's a wig
>>
Personally for me its when you put in so much effort into one cosplay that you have a money crunch on the second one that you have to result to buying low budget stuff.

>Ebay wigs

sorry :(
>>
>>9436965
Any recommendations on a good short one?
>>
>>9437094
except most wigs from arda have to be cut and styled and it's easier to get character wigs from ebay/aliexpress
>>
>>9437301
I think anon was referring to quality.

Basically: would you rather have a thin shiny wig or a thick unstyled wig?
>>
Everything Nigiri or her wannabes.
>>
>>9435860
If I learned anything from my tween cosplays days it was that satin is satan. No matter how nice or pretty you think it will look, unless the character canonically is wearing a fancy ballgown and you're going to shell out for the good stuff. No satin.
>>
Cosplays of fanart.
>>
>>9435975
Humans do in fact have this thing called skin, You should try it sometime.
>>
>>9437311
Agreed. You're honestly saving money in the long run if you buy a decent quality wig first. I wish someone would've helped me in the beginning because I ended up buying a few crappy ebay wigs that were too thin
>>
>>9437316
I don't mind it as long as it's a well known fanart within the community it hails from.

People wearing formal suits + character helmet/mask can go fuck themselves though.
>>
>genderbend of male character is just a dress or a revealing outfit
If you wanted to be a convention strumpet, just be a convention strumpet

>convention strumpets wearing revealing clothing just to be in revealing clothing and has nothing to do with cosplay or any otaku culture
I literally saw a chick walking around in something that basically just bandages and barely covered her ass and boobs with "fuck me" written on her ass

>all cosplayers do the same pose (dr.who pointing the screwdriver at the camera)
I know it's hard to find a good pose but please just try to switch it up

>>9435975
That's not really fat. Bodies aren't really stretchy so they bunch like fabric when shifted around. For example, the skin on your knuckles and knees aren't due to fat.
>>
>>9437515
>"if you want to wear revealing clothes, just wear revealing clothes!"
>girl wears revealing clothes
>"no not like that!"
>>
>>9437579
>"shitty rendition of character" now means "revealing clothes"
okay
>>
>>9437515
your second opinion is trash
>>
>>9437602
I'm sorry I don't want to be pushed into people's fetishes without my consent but okay.
>>
File: IMG_5224.jpg (98KB, 499x368px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5224.jpg
98KB, 499x368px
>>9437301
Yeah except it'd be a good learning experience.
>>
>>9437669
i'd rather learn how to cut/style a cheap wig first than immediately try on a $40 wig

there are decent ebay wigs out there. they won't be as full as arda wigs, but they're fine for beginners and practicing. the same way i wouldn't encourage someone to pay a bunch for fabric the first time they sew a costume
>>
>>9437515
Some character poses are just more recognizable. I usually go for the ~generic X character~ pose when someone stops me for a photo because it's quick and that's usually what people like. For photoshoots, of course, try something different
>>
>>9435947
Use something with a thicker pigment for your eyebrows. I've always had good luck with lipsticks, lip liner, and really deeply pigmented eyeliners. You have to trim yours so they're not made too bushy, and then literally paint that shit.
>>
>>9435947
I use latex (have used latex based lash glue in a pinch) to cover my caterpillar brows, then foundation, then paint with an angle brush and lipstick
>>
GIANT heels on girls crossplaying because they wanna be tall
it's ok in photos if you can't see their feet but why else would you ever fucking do this
>>
>>9438795
Japanese cosplayers do it so much and it looks so bad when feet are in the shot. I'll never forget an Ouran High School Host club group where the Tamaki was wearing giant fuck off J-rock platform heels to be taller than the Haruhi. Just get a box to stand on and take your photos better!
>>
>>9434984
this.
I always use a nude looking color when I cosplay since I feel actually being unpainted my hands look too plain
>>
>>9437656
no one is pushing you anywhere by wearing anything in particular, stop projecting
>>
>>9438867
I don't know, I'm not particularly fond of seeing people in fetish gear in public either. Keep that shit at home
>>
>>9437279
a rocky from arda.
sorry to be pushing arda man. i bought my first ever wig from them and theyre pretty legit.
>>
>>9434690
You'll never be able to fully ensure it doesn't get on collars, so your best bet is to wash the collar between wearing times.
>>
>>9437515
you make me want a cgl word filter that corrects slut/whore etc to strumpet like what happened with desu
>>
>>9439015
I had to use strumpet around my mother since I didn't want to offend her virgin ears and I loved it so much that now my siblings use it
>>
File: Screenshot_20170417-221859.jpg (328KB, 978x1282px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170417-221859.jpg
328KB, 978x1282px
>>9434674
Kind of related, but I know someone who fandom hops and tries to become whatever charatcer is the flavor of the month. He did it with snk, literally legally changed his name to Levi (before it was legally Karkat), and now hes doing it with Yuri on Ice. He had zero interest in ice skating at all, until YoI. He takes lessons and (badly) dyes his hair grey, and has even competed in two competitions where he only won gold because he was the only person in his division. His skating is extremely stiff and awkward, and he even went as far as wearing the costume from YoI for the competition. I'm waiting for him to come out of the woodworks with a fake Russian accent. I heard from someone else that he bought $600 skates and then complained about having two jobs and never being able to affort rent. He even ended up randomly adopting a pomeranian because of drammatical murder, which he abused, thankfully the dog is in the hands of someone who does not abuse it now.

I guess you could say my cosplay pet peeve is when people attempt to become the flavor of the month character.
>>
>>9439027
this is INSANE
>>
File: 20170417_222519.png (145KB, 462x372px) Image search: [Google]
20170417_222519.png
145KB, 462x372px
>>9434742
Or when people use their horrifying jjba makeup for everyday wear.
>>
>>9439027
this sounds like one of those con horror stories
>>
>>9439031
Its the kind of crazy that often comes out of Texas, unfortunately.
>>
>>9439033
what is this trying to emulate exactly?
>>
>>9439059
it looks like drag queen mixed with cell shading mixed with theater make up
>>
File: ..png (129KB, 277x273px) Image search: [Google]
..png
129KB, 277x273px
>>9439027
this is too much
>>
>>9439073
I wish i had the link to one of his competition vids, if you know figure skating then you'll see its pretty awkward.
>>
>>9439033
Are they supposed to look like a dog? Because that nose contour makes them look like a legit animal.
>>
>>9438867
>wearing fetish gear
>dumb fucks dragging along someone on a collar and leash
>boyfriend looks on as girlfriend is wearing very revealing clothing with very suggestive wording on it

How the fuck is this not placing observers into those people's fetishes?
>>
>>9439027
Is there any place where I could read about this stuff in detail? I found the dude's page but of course I'm more interested in how other, sane people see him.
>>
>>9439218
Allegedly this is supposed to be "valentines day makeup" but realisticly she looks like my neighbors pit bull.
>>
>>9439515
Everyone that knows him the same way I do feels the same, they just dont say it. There have been a few people vague posting on facebook, but of course nobody has gone directly to him.

He also accidentally killed his pet bird a few years ago, he was mad that it was screaming so he slapped it too hard and it had internal bleeding.
>>
>>9434735
>>9435195
Jokers, Deadpools and, at least at my local renfaire, Jack Sparrows. They're always obnoxious as fuck yet think they're so funny and everyone loves them. There's one incredibly shitty Joker cosplayer at my local faire who goes out of his way to photobomb as many other cosplayers as possible and gets incredibly butthurt when someone politely asks him to stay out of a picture. Because he's so funny!!!! Why does everyone have such a stick up their ass??? Learn to take a joke!!! (huehuehue get it bcus he's the Joker amirite)
>>
File: IMG_5157.jpg (56KB, 416x435px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5157.jpg
56KB, 416x435px
>>9437928
>>9437935
I haven't tried either of these methods yet. Thanks, friends.
>>
>>9435731
I feel updo's should be natural. I have never in person seen a wig look good or natural when put up into a high ponytail or bun.

Either way if you do use your natural hair, for gods sake STYLE IT and wash it!! If you can't figure it out get it done professionally
>>
When people wear glasses frames on top of the sides of their wigs.
>>
kinda nitpicky but every other cosplayer applies the same purple sparkle filter over all their photos.
>>
>>9439027
omg just lowkey stalked this guy (because I love me some insane people drama) and apparently we live in the same city what are the odds
>>
>>9439059
josuke i think
>>
>>9439690
If you like low key crazy, you're in for a ride. He's from TX but lives in Iowa or something now. Don't know what cons he attends anymore.
>>
File: received_1428808997158785.jpg (122KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
received_1428808997158785.jpg
122KB, 2048x1536px
Every tumblr fakeboi cosplayer looks exactly the same. These are three different people.
>>
>>9439749
>hair
>eyes
>nose
>face shape
does it just attract a single type of person?
>>
File: 1464363094541.png (64KB, 316x202px) Image search: [Google]
1464363094541.png
64KB, 316x202px
>>9434667
This is a dumb one but I get annoyed when people only cosplay one character. I just get annoyed seeing them anymore. Even worse if they don't even do that character well.

People being "in character" is also really bad.
"HUR HUR DO YOU KNOW WHERE (insert character who the person they are cosplaying has affinity with) IS???"
>>
>>9434667
Fictionkin in cosplay is the worse, they will literally act and speak like their kin/character, and if you don't call them by their kin/cosplay, you're being abliest against their mental disorder.

That and no fucking make up.
>>
>>9439027
This a million times, there's someone in the PDX cosplay community that's going to change their name legally to Kylo Ren. And is undergoing ftm hormones because of it. Otherkin are fucking wild. Last month he was Gabriel Reyes/Reaper from Overwatch.
>>
>>9439711 for a second I thought we were talking about the guy who keeps doing figure skating at the mall and complains how he has to share the ice with children. Guess they do run rampant in Texas
>>
>>9439769
It's an instant red flag for me if I notice a cosplayer has named their page after a character
>>
>>9439596
If you want a wig with the hair up, you'll generally have to re-weft the wig or get one with a custom job done on it.

this is really hard and/or expensive, so I can understand why people just go for the bob and clip, but when it comes to higher end cosplays I wish more people would go for specially sewn wigs, or at the very least work with a lace front instead

that being said, I'm totally "over" cosplayers and will only ask for photos with people who have something that stands out as very good on them. seeing other people who like ghibli films just doesn't do it for me anymore
>>
>>9437094
the last couple wigs i got from arda were complete garbage. i literally got nicer wigs for like 7 bucks on ebay. their quality has drastically gone down because they know people will keep shilling for them no matter what.
>>
>>9439749
It's enough to make one reconsider the scientific merits of phrenology!
>>
the absolute lowest effort dva cosplays:
-cheapest ebay/aliexpress zentai suit that looks flat as all hell
-cheap stringy thin choppy wig from ebay/aliexpress
-no gun or headset or only one of the two
-no soles or unmatching shoes
-no armor
-suit doesn't even cover neck
-bad makeup
-doritos and mountain dew tho xd
-even worse, casual versions of any OW character
>>
>>9439749
I thought the one in the middle and the one on the left were the same person...
>>
>>9440127
What's worse is I think they're dating.
>>
File: 359[1].jpg (142KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
359[1].jpg
142KB, 1280x960px
>>9440026
Gremlin D.va isn't that bad if they put the effort in.
>>
>>9439027
I know a girl/fakeboi who did this.. She always claims to be kin with whatever FotM character and she's trans-whatever gender they are and all of that.
Then she stirs up some drama, or the series loses popularity, and she cuts all ties with that character as if she never liked them at all.
>>
>>9439823
I know Arda gets super hyped but I've never had an issue with them (other than the fact that they always sell out of what I need).

Honestly, I haven't found another shop that can compete despite trying other alternatives. I definitely won't ever be going back to ebay wigs though. Better of getting a wig from a beauty supply store
>>
People yelling things at you that think they're so clever and the first person to say it. I like cosplaying Phoenix Wright but there's only so much OBJECTION being yelled at me in my face or across the hall.

Or people who treat you like shit because you cosplay a character they hate and are either doing it with actual vitriol or are really bad and making it lighthearted fun mocking.
>>
>>9440134
Theyre in an open relationship with i think 2 other people. Theyre just so similar that I cannot for the life of me tell them apart, even in person.
>>
>>9440203
I've noticed this with a lot of gay couples, honestly. They have a tendency to date people that look just like them, it's really weird and I'm not sure if they're even aware of it.
Sage for OT
>>
Dudes who crossdress as girls who don't even bother trying to look like a girl, i.e. not shave their beard, arms, or legs, have minimal or no makeup at all, or go overboard with blush thinking it makes them look more like a girl. I get that you cosplay for fun, but come on put some effort into it, ya look nasty.
>>
File: IMG_1999.jpg (64KB, 540x536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1999.jpg
64KB, 540x536px
>>9439533
>cosplaying
>at a Ren faire
>>
>>9440236
are we from the same area anon? There's a guy running a meet up who is basically like this. He doesn't even try to look decent or like the character. Just wig + outfit and calls it a day.
>plus he acts so cringey.
>>
>>9434700
But no tack prosaide and you won't need to powder as much!
>>
>>9434824
ALSO
> People who refuse to use ANY makeup for ANY COSPLAY.

There's no excuse for this, none. Imagine someone making an elaborate Lovelive costume and no makeup what so ever.
No one has that sensitive of a skin that you can't invest some money into sensitive and hypoallergenic beauty products and put on at least SOME.

There's this one bitch in our cosplay community who always cosplays Nami from One Piece and never does anything to her face to differenciate between other characters she cosplays like Sherlock or Jiraya...
>>
>>9440185
I wish people would realize how annoying it is to hear 'I hate that character!'. Like...kudos to you but consider the fact that I didn't spend all this time making this cosplay to listen to people bitch about how much they hate said character
>>
>>9440236
It used to be a humorous thing but every fucking guy does it now, it's the only thing lazier than Deadpool cosplays for a quick kek.
>>
>>9440427
>There's no excuse for this, none
I've seen people argue that "the character isn't wearing makeup so i shouldn't either!"
Which is very much a newb mistake.. The character isn't wearing a wig either but that doesn't mean you should use your real hair 95% of the time.
Although with LL specifically, all the characters seem to have some kind of pink lipgloss so you should have that at the very least.
>>
File: C1t1rfjWgAApih4.jpg large.jpg (31KB, 650x517px) Image search: [Google]
C1t1rfjWgAApih4.jpg large.jpg
31KB, 650x517px
>Guys that refuse to use makeup (or at least basic foundation) to fix their shitty face
>>
>>9440185
I had that the other day. Was wearing a film version of a video game character. "Well this is a /gaming/ convention so i think you should leave" responded with "oh ok. Well I'm one of the Cosplay judges, can't wait to see you on stage!"
>>
>>9440584
I pretty much solely cosplay characters that are wearing no/very little makeup, and I hate wearing makeup myself, but I still bother to put some on because con lighting is harsh, and all of your pictures will look like shit without makeup. I don't wear a lot (bb cream, mascara, a bit of eyeshadow, and a lip tint), but it gives my face enough definition that my features get picked up on camera.

I avoid doing characters with large amounts of makeup because I don't like wearing that shit. The same way I avoid doing characters in high heels because I don't like wearing them.

I don't understand why anyone would choose a character with noticeable makeup and then not bother to recreate it. It would be like if a character had a certain hairstyle, and you didn't bother to style your wig.
>>
>>9440592
>film version of a video game character
Cloud Strife?
>>
Everyone needs to wear makeup and wear a wig. Oh and definitely wear a wig cap. Everyone who does not wear a wig cap makes me cringe and refuse to be associated with those people.
>>
>>9440667
We're nerds and for the most part haven't bothered with makeup our whole lives until we start cosplaying. It took me a long time to figure out I needed it then how to do it right. Even the most plain characters need SOME makeup
>>
>>9440150
This sounds very familiar, what area are they in?
>>
>>9439769
>when people only cosplay one character

God this, there is a Camilla cosplayer that always pops up on my explore on instagram and majority of her profile is just Camilla and shes been at it since Katsu.
>>
>>9439769
Even worse when they get this massive superiority complex and act like they're 'THE BEST X COSPLAYER'.
>>
>>9439027
What's his page?
>>
This stupid makeup shit.
>>
>>9440871
These girls in particular over do it.
>>
>>9440808
highwinds2c i think
>>
>>9440871
>>9440874

What is this???? Idk who they're suppose to cosplay as in the first picture but the Judy and Nick(?) They don't look like drag queen chimney sweepers??
>>
>>9440871
I never understood why people like that style of make up. whats that style called anyways? extreme contouring?

i dont think ive ever seen one cosplay that looked good with that style of make up.
>>
>>9440942
The first picture is Virus and Trip from DMMD (pic related)
They're just normal anime dudes, there's no need for the dirty makeup.

>>9440874
>>9440871
I'm guessing they're self-conscious and want to look as sharp and carved as possible?
Jesus.
>>
>>9440945
>i dont think ive ever seen one cosplay that looked good with that style of make up.
I remember someone doing this for one of the titans from SnK, it looked fine there but it's because they're supposed to look ugly, dirty, and overly shaded.
>>
File: ca8e39e71d9023ed8547274b34319443.png (595KB, 680x1175px) Image search: [Google]
ca8e39e71d9023ed8547274b34319443.png
595KB, 680x1175px
>>9440966
lol
>>
>>9440236
>i.e. not shave their beard, arms, or legs, have minimal or no makeup at all, or go overboard with blush thinking it makes them look more like a girl

that cosplay style isnt my cup of tea but im pretty sure thats the joke behind the cosplay though.
>>
>>9440236
>touhou cosplay in a nutshell
>>
>>9439769
Big one for me as well. Had a now thankfully ex friend only ever do 3 characters. Nothing but those three. She thought she was the shit in them too. The worse was trying to get her to do anything new. I swear to god she'd sabotage her part in any group attempts so she could throw on those fucking cosplays again.
>>
>>9440427
Then you have the dipshits who decide because someone at some point told them they look good without makeup. That they never need it. And always seem to do highly stylized characters.
>>
File: 102-0213_IMG[1].jpg (175KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
102-0213_IMG[1].jpg
175KB, 576x432px
>>9440257
people cosplay all the time at ren faires though. have you never been to one?

people dressing up in renaissance attire is still considered as cosplay.
>>
>>9441013
You know full well what that anon meant.
>>
File: 1492618449490.jpg (175KB, 1367x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1492618449490.jpg
175KB, 1367x2048px
image stolen from another thread made me remember I fucking h a t e the "draw fake lash line under your lashes" like holy shit it looks so fucking stupid and it would actually be better, easier and just more economical to shoop your eyes slightly bigger omg do people not realise how fucking stupid and tacky their "anime lower lash line" looks?
Please never do this.
>>
When people who ask if there is a certain fandom meet-up being held but when there isn't one hosted they complain about it. Then when they get told to host one tbey back up and say "oh I would but I'm too shy/I dont know how to host one/I'm not the type to host something"

This goes with panels as well.
>>
>>9441049
Honestly, if they don't have the ability or know-how on how to do these things, I'd rather they not. I've been to too many mediocre events in my life that any time I see a panel or meet-up run by a name I've never heard before, I'm so wary of going because I assume it will be awful.

Some people just aren't good hosts.
>>
>>9436143
Get a fucking wig. They literally make these wigs. See: Arda's Rocky

Soldier has one of the easiest OW hairstyles to do. Muss it some, do a few pinch spikes for his flyaways, ride that sweet wave to victory. GG EZ

>>9436300
It never looks good. Don't lie to them.
>>
>>9441147
Its really NOT that hard to get a few interested people together and have them help with ruinning it if they are that unskilled. I rather go to the horrible meetup instead of hanging around someone who complains there isn't a better meetup. Do something about it instead of complaining.
>>
I'm already fucking sick of Yuri on Ice cosplayers wearing real skates around the convention. I hope someone breaks their ankle with that shit.

>>9440026
This + they're always the ones jumping in front of the group picture trying to be ~quirky~ and show off their badly painted NERF THIS! tshirt and blocking all the actually good cosplayers. I ran into one this past weekend who was just honestly the worst.

Also, MAJOR pet peeve that's evolving into vitriolic hatred: Cosplaying Deadpools showing up to other fandom events. I just had a majorly bad experience with a D.VA/Deadpool crossover cosplayer. Pic related.
>>
>>9441181
>Cosplaying Deadpools showing up to other fandom events
Literally EVERY meetup,no matter what fandom it is, always a Deadpool cosplayer. There are a lot of them in my area and most of them are obnoxious so it makes every con a nightmare when there's a group of them
>>
>>9434735
I hate that Deadpools think they can get away with anything. I had one several years ago run up and grab a large prosthetic I was wearing and I panicked, thinking he was going to rip it off my face, and I kicked him right in the dick. He got his badge stripped.
>>
>>9441168
How does that make any sense? You'd rather go to something bad than be at something with someone complaining it's bad? Like, do you not think that people won't complain at the other meet-up?
>>
>>9441181
>>
File: 1491863655592[1].png (2MB, 1080x1612px) Image search: [Google]
1491863655592[1].png
2MB, 1080x1612px
>>9440590
Sorry anon. I don't know how into makeup and I'm worried I'll end up looking like this
>>
When will people stop totally blanking their lips out for crossplay. It reminds me of the later days of the nude lip trend when magazines/blogs would constantly publish articles for how to properly wear a nude lip because people stupidly kept doing the concealer lip shit.
>>
>>9441243
just stop about 40 steps before this and you'll be fine
>>
>>9441243
I'm not sure what's worse, the makeup or the orange one's wig styling.

God this hurts. Why do people think their eyelids and lashes can just disappear with a stroke of white eyeliner.
>>
>>9441268
I've seen a lot of tutorials for that fake hairline wig trick and they all look terrible. It's just not a good idea
>>
>>9441158
>Soldier has one of the easiest OW hairstyles to do

>see soldier 76 cosplayers who actually use a wig
>its not styled
>looks like a mop top, beatles wannabe

shit just boggles my mind
>>
>>9440257
The amount if Doctor Who cosplayers I've seen at the faire, you have no idea
>>
>>9441243
Every time I see this image, it horrifies me on a new and deeper level.
>>
>>9442205
i hate to admit this but when i first watched doctor who and then went to a ren faire and saw some doctors, i enjoyed it.
but now i find it to be the most annoying shit ever.

i guess its the same with deadpool cosplayers. enjoyable at first but then everyone starts doing it "for the lulz" and now its just annoying as shit
>>
>>9442351
My local ren faire does a "time warp weekend" where any cosplay is encouraged that contains it all. Period appropriate cosplay (Zelda, some Disney, Galavant etc) is allowed the rest of the weekends.
>>
The fat admin of a plus sized cosplayer group in new england horrifies me with her bombshell harley, I don't care about fat people, but having a huge gut hanging over your pants is like going to a slaughterhouse and seeing pigs hang.
>>
>>9441028
Of course it's the homestucks and 'whovians'

>>9441243
Just try, the point is that you can always remove it if you fuck up. At least you recognise that's bad.
>>
>>9437515
Did you happen to ask that chick for photos? Asking for a friend.
>>
>>9442557
nah, I saw her like 5 years ago, mate. I was too innocent and newbie to even think of snapping of pic.
>>
>>9440427
I think this can work for some characters, like if you were cosplaying some sort of mountain hippie lady or someone that is supposed to look a little ill or unnattractive. Or maybe characters surviving in an apocalypse.
>>
>>9434667
TAKE YOUR FUCKING FACIAL PIERCINGS OUT FOR COSPLAY OR DO THE FLESH COLORED ONES I HATE THAT SO MUCH FUCK
>>
People who don't contour at all for crossplay. Not only does your round moon face not even look remotely male (and no, just wearing eyeliner and concealer lips does not constitute suitable crossplay makeup), you look like shit in all your photos.
>>
>>9443377
I'm guilty of this, especially when the cosplay is chill. Sorry, Anon, but I really like my piercings. I at least take them out for the big cosplays/photoshoots.
>>
>>9443513
You really like your piercings but you aren't in cosplay 24/7, taking them out for a con wont kill you.
Seeing an innocent character with studs is horrifying and yes, I have piercings as well.
>>
>>9443377
I have one piercing and I never bother to take it out. I can hide it easily, I just get lazy and usually forget it's even there. I feel like one piercing is whatever. If you have a lot, I can see where that could distract from the cosplay overall. I guess the same could be said for tattoos
>>
>>9443660
I have a tongue ring that I never bother to take out. No one is really looking in there and I don't pose with my tongue out, so who cares?
>>
>>9441181
I remember the YOI thread as the show came out discussing if they should wear skates or not. It's such a clear fucking no, if you wanna show off a pair of skates to be authentic carry the bastard things. I'm gonna be happy when one fat ass Yuri falls over into another group of cosplayers.
Also gay pride flags replacing hetalia flags as picnic blankets.
>>
>>9441013
Some cosplays are Ren faire appropriate but most are not
>>
>Having dark eyebrows on non-dark eyebrowed characters
>Badly drawn/painted eyebrows
>People who cosplay characters with an abrasive personality as an excuse to be a dick to everyone
>People who cosplay a character they don't know shit about just to get attention
>Party City and Walmart-tier wigs
I made the same mistake of buying a shitty $8 wig from Walmart back when I was semi-new to cosplay. Never again. Wasted hours forming the ponytails and hiding the netting since it was so thin. Then it got frayed beyond repair, so I just pitched it and got a MUCH better wig from an off-shoot Lucaille store on Aliexpress.
>>
>>9443377
I'm surprised they don't just take a second and either change to a flesh colored one or just shoop it out. It's a lot easier to shoop out something like a nose stud then a tattoo.
>>
>>9443745
>>People who cosplay characters with an abrasive personality as an excuse to be a dick to everyone
This pisses me off so much.
>>
>>9443377
I don't ever take mine out. Granted I only have one small one, but unless I'm competing i don't take it out.
>>
When I see people posing in shots, and it's obvious they didn't bother to even briefly look into the source material because their poses are vastly out of character.

i.e. I'm looking at Leona (KoF) cosplayers and there's a lot doing ordinary punch/kick poses and almost none actually mimicking her knife-hands fighting style. It happens a lot with scantily clad characters like Cammy, Yoko, and X2 Rikku where these characters aren't the "sexpot" type yet that's how 70% of their cosplayers pose.
>>
File: aWpUHaR.gif (390KB, 500x283px) Image search: [Google]
aWpUHaR.gif
390KB, 500x283px
>>9443660
I cover up my cherry blossom on my left shoulder, but I never cover up my cat tattoo on my right wrist. I never expose it for pictures and it's pretty small. I know a person who has face tattoos and big dark tattoos on their neck, who cosplay as characters from Free! and Love Live and it's super distracting, they don't try to hide them with foundation or anything.
>>
>>9444730
this shit pisses me off, especially since i play fighting games on a competitive level.

i saw this amazing Juri cosplayer last year at comic con. asked if I could get a picture and with any pose shes comfortable in.

she literally gives me a typical boxing pose. I took the picture and thanked her. I didnt want to sound mean so i didnt ask her to do a different pose.
>>
>>9436936
Shave and shape. Take tweezers or eyebrow razors and shape those bitches. To re-color (to match wigs), I usually base with white eye liner pencil-spooly through, then strong pigmented eyeshadow with some water to make it more pastelike. Urban Decay setting spray and dont touch your eyebrows.
>>
>>9441243
It's really just practice and learning what looks good and bad.....
>>
Lazy photogs who don't point out when things look bad. Look, I'm paying you for this shoot, the least you can do is tell me my wig cap is showing a bit or I need to point my chin down. Especially if this is a in-advanced planned shoot, I'd really like it if my photog actually looked at the photos of my character I send them so they can tell me to pull my knee sock up a bit or move a hair accessory to the right so it's more visible or something!

I really believe in paying photogs, but honestly I can't look picture perfect all the time no matter how finished or hair sprayed or sock glued everything is. A little help on their part would be nice...
>>
>cosplayer uploads video on character specific makeup tutorial
>the most basic foundation and eye makeup routine
>>
>>9445267
You get me, Anon. If I'm paying a photographer, I expect them to give me at least SOME direction. I don't know Jack about this which is why I'm paying you, so please, don't make me do your job for you by having me suggest literally everything and not telling me if something is out of place! If it's being done pro bono I'm much more willing to forgive lack of direction, but if I'm paying you for your skill set, I expect you to use it.
>>
>Fakeboys/Transmen calling their girl character cosplays "crossplays"
>They talk about how "they look sooo much like a girl lol I'm a real trap ain't I lmao!"
>People swallowing it down and clapping their hands like seals to celebrate the "delicious trap"
holy shit please let this stop it's not a god-blessed miracle if you can pull off female characters well because you're goddamn women
>>
>>9445758
Fakebois yes i totally agree, legit transmales that take hormones and have had surgery are a different story. I dont know why you would want to cosplay a female character in public anyways if youve spent so much money transitioning to that point. I hate the word "crossplay" in general, just call it a god damn cosplay, jesus christ.

Cosplay fakebois are probably one of my pet peeves in general. Its so much easier to assume transboy when i meet someone with shoddily bound tits in a male cosplay at a con than to face an onslaught of ~triggered~ behavior when i assume they are female.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170423-130726.jpg (559KB, 1023x1386px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170423-130726.jpg
559KB, 1023x1386px
>>9443377
This person is the #1 offender of this fucking bullshit.
>>
>>9445591
Agreed. At least give some basic direction or ask to see if the cosplayer has any poses in mind. If you're being paid then take it seriously. I feel like the problem is that a lot of con photographers don't really know what they're doing
>>
>>9446222
>I feel like the problem is that a lot of con photographers don't really know what they're doing

It's this. There is such an oversaturation of con photographers in general. People are seeing it as a way to make a quick buck.
>>
>>9443377
Came here to post exactly this. Also stretched ears, they make flesh colored plugs for a reason.
>>
>>9445591
Fucking this, if I'm going to pay for a shoot I'm gonna expect some professionalism and not just a point&click photography I could get any schmoe to pull off. Too many greedy assholes are jumping on the cosplay photography bandwagon to make an easy buck with a mid-tier camera and a nonexistent portfolio.

>>9446281
And this. Stretched ears are gross as hell and like piercings they ruin any cosplay. Why is it so fucking hard to take them off or cover them?
>>
>>9441040
The thing is that this works with street fashion where the "droopy eye" effect is desirable and it can look good with OTT styles but it looks so goddamn awful with cosplay. Michelle Phan should be incarcerated for starting this trend with cosplays.
>>
>>9445589
I'm not sure what's worse: the people who make these videos, or the people who watch and follow them.
Most characters don't have difficult makeup, you don't need a tutorial for every damn thing.

>>9445758
As a transman myself, I agree about the fakebois and calling it a trap. People just do anything for those cheeky SJW asspats.
>>
Bumpo
>>
Hannah Alexander 'art nouveau' fan art cosplays.
>>
File: best looking guy here.png (11KB, 379x380px) Image search: [Google]
best looking guy here.png
11KB, 379x380px
>>9439799
all final fantasy 8 cosplayers must replicate this look to be considered good
>>
>>9435859
>"any pics of me??? i already asked like five times but no response teehee uwu"
FUUAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRKENN
I know that feel and it makes me a bit angry!
>>
Massive pet peeve, when cosplayers must insist on sharing their work in progress just about everyday, including social media links and photoshoots done in every fucking group they're part of on Facebook relevant to their craft. We get it, you're desperate for attention and want more likes. Stop being a spamming cunt.
>>
>>9443516
>>9443377
>>9446169
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2QcM-pwlyE reminds me of this Umi with the horrible tattoo on her thigh, they couldn't have just covered it up? ffs
>>
File: IMG_20170426_032626.jpg (76KB, 750x727px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170426_032626.jpg
76KB, 750x727px
Bandwagon hopping
>>
>>9450126
kek
She has the face for it, though.
>>
>>9437316
I hate this too.
>>
Not sure how it is in the rest of the world, but I hate it how Disney/Pixar/etc cosplayers are increasingly taking over anime cons cosplay contests in Spain and Latin America.
>>
>>9440731
Are you talking about cannolicat31?
>>
>>9450149
As an American, I'm so sorry.
They're constantly present at our cons. And I don't know if it's just me but a lot of the Disney-only cosplayers are ugly 30 year old women.
>>
>>9450149
I understand you so much, also is the same group of people doing different characters because they're "so special and unique".
Also most of the performance are boring and puré shit *cries un spanish*
>>
>>9444748
There's this very butch and fat 30-something lesbian in my con circuit who is COVERED in ugly fandom tattoos and has a ton of piercings. Of course she exclusively cosplays teenaged boys from sports anime. It's so gross.

>>9446169
YIKES

>>9450055
This drives me nuts too. It's always the major attention whores blowing up the tags an hour after the con ends begging for pictures. Get a selfie stick and shut up, bitch.
>>
My Pet peeve is when people use cosplaying a character from the same series as an excuse to follow you around and pretend like you are friends. Girl in my com is a serious offender and does that shit where she talks to you 'in character' and won't leave you alone. Makes me scared to post line ups bc I don't want a literal human leech tackle hugging me and trying to banter with me in character
>>
>>9446169
>sees thumbnail
>I don't see anyth--
>opens image
>yeah nevermind
why do people do this shit
>>
File: karpkarp.jpg (411KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
karpkarp.jpg
411KB, 2048x1365px
The recent trend of bodybuilders wearing just a mask and a speedo. It probably bothers me because they could be accurately cosplaying a wide variety of muscular charater, but instead decide to become some sort of genderswap JNig.
Or it could be that I'm just jelly for not being that /fit/ yet.
>>
>>9450047
Or No Flutter. I'm sick of over-embellished fanart cosplays because they almost never look good.
>>
>>9450184
In my experience they're usually that and/or musical theatre people who really don't belong at a convention anyhow.
People who are waaaaaay too into Disney (read: gobble up everything Disney does no matter the quality) freak me out.
>>9451366
Maybe they're working on their craftsmanship in the background, and what we're seeing is babby's first cosplay...of a lot of /fit/ dudes.
>Or at least, that's what's happening in my dreams.

As for pet peeves...cosplayers that shove their business card at you/cosplaying business cards. Part of me gets it, but the other part of me feels like they're trying to sell me something and it's kinda uncomfortable.
>>
not necessarily as part of the cosplay but when people have artist alley booths that's just selling photos of themselves in cosplay? So not patreon but an actual table at a convention where you can buy photos of them.

If they're not lewds than I can guarantee nobody really wants photos of a stranger.
>>
>>9451580
>cosplaying business cards.
??
>>
>>9451580
>>9451580

it sounds silly at first, but business cards are a godsend. when normies come up to you with the "what is this?" and want to be spoonfed a brief history of cosplay/jfash/whatever. BOOM! business card. check my shit at out those urls, watch an explanation on my youtube etc, now let me finish my salad, i have a shoot to get to.

rando photographer ~needs~ your number to get you those fire candids he creepshot of you, BOOM! business card. you just business-zoned that mouth-breather.

chat up a total cutie in the artist alley, but his cell phone is tucked in a dance belt under 3 layers of foam armor? slide in with a business card, you smooth mutherfucker.

business cards are crazy cheap it's silly not to have them.
>>
>>9442428

>people cosplaying a character thats showing stomach
>has a beer belly

This is a huge pet peeve of mine. No one wants to see that shit ew.
>>
>>9451599
This
You can get a pack of 500 cards for super cheapo depending on the site you use. No fuss either.
>>
>>9441040
Agree. it looks like shit even when "done well"
>>
>>9441040
This style of eye makeup actually looks really good in-person for achieving an anime look. There's a different visual dynamic when it comes to a still picture vs real-life motion. It's great in real life.
>>
>>9451641
It's not great in person or in photos unless you're standing several feet away. Shit looks stupid up close and doesn't really make anyone's eyes look bigger
>>
File: purchasableahegao.jpg (100KB, 283x426px) Image search: [Google]
purchasableahegao.jpg
100KB, 283x426px
Cosplay ahegao. Seems like every cosplayer who wants a taste of e-fame is doing it now.
>this is a print
>>
>>9451641
>It's great in real life.

lol no it doesnt. even if the makeup isnt messy, it still looks fucking stupid.
>>
>>9451690
>willingly selling photos that you know neckbeards will jerk off on
I really don't see what's separating cosplayers that sell risque/nude photos from any other type of sex work desu. People seem to act like it's not similar but there's really not too much difference
>>
>>9451559

Notice how stiff, lifeless and generic both artist's work are? It's just nothing but cloned and glorified fan art, when they produce any original work it does nothing for them now that cosplayers are crawling up their asses to create their designs for recognition.
>>
People who complain that there are no famous male cosplayers but fail to realize that there are not even any really famous male models
>>
>>9451641
No, it's worse in real life. It only looks good in pictures at low res, like that Madoka thumbnail.
>>
People that don't understand that cosplays are supposed to fit/vary in shapes. I once knew someone who thought every dress/skirt could be accomplished with a circle skirt and a tube bodice. No exceptions.
Actually, every "plus-size" cosplayer I've known personally has had this mentality.
I eventually gave up on working with them because they kept trying to force their design beliefs onto me when I'd work on my own cosplay. I tried explaining how paying attention to the silhouette would make their cosplay look better, but in one ear and out the other it went.
>>
>>9452644
>Wuts common sense?
Amurrca f*ck yeah! #MAGA
>>
>>9434746
Common issue of how putting a mask emboldens an otherwise socially-inept person to say all the wrong things. I'd suggest telling Deadpool cosplayer to stick to ghibli-no-face cosplay till they can control their own social anxieties.
>>
>>9451599

Huh, never thought of them that way.

Thanks for expanding my view of them
>>
>>9452644
>>9452709
They felt like just because they added the correct details onto the cosplay, they could get away with something ill-fitting. It's like these people have never seen a reference photo in their life.
I mean, unless you were poking fun at me for something that's obviously bad.
I might deserve that.
>t. American
>>
>>9451599
Business zoned? Tell me more! This sounds like a great strategy to keep the nice guy creeps shut down for girls who are afraid of confrontations and appearing stuck up and bitchy.
>>
>>9452959
>>9451599
>>9451580
I take that pet peeve back, specifically for the business-zoned approach.
>>
>>9452978
>>9452959
Won't it still have your phone number though? Stumbling through an awkward confrontation is better than giving creepers your contact info.
>>
>>9453310
business cards in this sort of context usually just have social media and emails for contact info.
>>
File: notcosplay.jpg (84KB, 860x573px) Image search: [Google]
notcosplay.jpg
84KB, 860x573px
People who wear crap like this and call themselves cosplayers. Also a yellow bikini and a Pikachu hat is not a cosplay. Put some effort into doing accurate representations instead of trying to get attention from thirsty nerds by showing off your skin.

Just to be clear I have no problem with sexy cosplay. I have a problem with the sexualization of non-sexualized characters. Also a character stylized hoodie or hat, whether if you bought or made, is not a cosplay.
>>
People like misa who 'try to spread acceptance' while acting like a snobby bitch when it comes to good looking cosplayers. Ain't buying your shit even though my friends do, miss I quote myself.
>>
>>9453310
The idea is that you're now in control of the situation. You can put whatever info you're comfortable with the public having. Make a free gmail just for con stuff, use your public social accounts, whatever. I do a lot of cute girl cosplays, so I'm a master at neckbeard squashing strategies. even the spergiest of con creeps hesitates before sending an itemized list of all the ways I can make his onee-chan wet dream come true to [email protected]. Go forth and business-zone anon!
>>
>>9434970
>tfw you have blonde/white eyebrows
>have to draw them in every morning or look like an alien
>at least cosplay eyebrows are easy
>>
File: 12258512_f520.jpg (69KB, 520x693px) Image search: [Google]
12258512_f520.jpg
69KB, 520x693px
>>9440871
I blame reikas rise in popularity after her levi cosplay even if she wasnt the first one to start the trend. Every levi cosplayers started doing shit contouring like her afterwards and then it spread to other famdoms they cosplayed. Along with the rise of popularity of countouring in general you get this mess. I mainly saw this heavy countouring on asian cosplayers because asian faces are pretty flat and LIGHT countouring helps bring out their features. But when people with already defined features over does it, it just makes everything worse. And they always countour with a shade 10 times darker than their skin tone, sometimes just straight black or shit brown.
>>
>>9437312
*Nigri

Jesus Christ, her name isn't a type of sushi, people.
>>
>>9450521
oh fuck is she from the tennesse/kentucky/ohio area?
>>
>>9451599
As a photog I LOVE buisness cards, the one odd thing I usually ask just to make it easier to track people down is for them to take a photo with their business card so its like "OH its this person, let me DM them on social media with their photos.
>>
>>9453529
thank god, i'm sick of her "holier-than-thou" shit attitude
>>
>>9453801
True this, asians have less defined features so it's easier to add to that than to make a westerners features look less sharp/strong. I've so far only seen one person who got away with the overdrawn animu eyes thing, the rest is just plain creepy in close up. I can't say shit about their contouring skills because mine are equally crap
>>
File: thatsthejoke.jpg (31KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
thatsthejoke.jpg
31KB, 600x450px
>>9454003
>>
>>9454009
YUP LMAO You probably know the one
>>
I don't like people who shit on me because I don't go all the way with a cosplay
Sorry my outfits are comfy enough and well built enough to allow for cute days out on the weekend
>>
>>9454262
think I know the one. she got a 'boyfriend'?
>>
Girls that work a corset into EVERYTHING but they can't sew a straight line so all their boning channels are wavy as fuck.
>>
>>9435947
Anon I know everyones giving you suggestions but I have super thick and dark brows and refuse to get them thinner, hear me out!

Using things like glue and latex is ok but often you have to redraw your entire brow and it looks lumpy. Buy some kryolan aquacolor and if you just paint your eyebrows back and forth with a brow brush it'll solve all your problems! Looks natural af and pigmented enough to cover blackness.
>>
>>9453390
>I have a problem with the sexualization of non-sexualized characters.
This.
>>
>>9454622
>I don't like people who shit on me because I don't go all the way with a cosplay
You won't like /cgl/, then. So many people posted in the bad cosplay thread are obviously just putting in a low amount of effort because they don't really care, yet the spergs on this board act ~offended~ and tear them apart.

My favorite argument is "it's an insult to people who spend a lot of time and money on their costumes." How so??? I think they're just upset that they're not getting the same amount of attention that they had hoped for.

t. Cosplayer who's won awards at world-known cons (think reedpop)
>>
>>9453390
>>9455130

Yeah, there's no reason why a character that's covered from head to toe in plate armor would wear fucking bikini armor if he was a girl
>>
>>9454878
Y U P. We're definitely talking about the same person.
>>
>>9455130
>>9455156
I fucking hate Jnigs for this reason. I genuinely, honest-to-god hand over my heart, do not care if sexy girls cosplay sexy characters because it doesn't effect me. But when she does male characters or non-sexual or child cosplays with her balloon tits... oh my god, it makes me so mad. There are so many sexy characters to pick from. Why ruin the ones that aren't?
>>
>>9455599
>>9454878
Now you can be friends
>>
>>9455600
Gotta appeal to everyone.
Her Aoba cosplay felt like a shitty grab at the fujos
>>
>>9455616
S-she did Aoba?
>>
>>9455143
I like how you think everyone here is riled up over everything (I get the irony posting something like this in a pet peeves thread), but honestly when I see cosplays in the bad cosplay threads at most I go "wow that sucks", then move on.

It's not like we're all a literal pitchfork mob fuming at the mouths going "burn the bitch" over every single shitty thing just because people use hyperbole all over this place.

t. a cosplayer who also has won awards and also has shitty cosplays because apparently this kind of humblebrag raises the legitimacy of posts nowadays
>>
>>9434678
>>9434683
I could probably forgive the busted old trainers thing if they were at a con, and wore them when their feet got sore from heels or something - but otherwise, it's unacceptable.
>>
>>9437225
Was at a London con last summer and walked past the "meet the famous cosplayers section"

> Harley with store-bought cosplay and natural hair
> Joker with purple blazer and spray painted green hair
> Guy didn't even bother to shave off his beard

So yeah, people still do it
>>
File: IMG_0519.jpg (115KB, 922x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0519.jpg
115KB, 922x720px
Personally can't stand people who relentlessly shill out their cosplay FB page/instagram account.

End up having a really cool conversation about how some one built their cosplay only to have LunarMoonDarkSideCosplay worked into every single sentence.

I get some people wanna be the next yaya or whoever but Jesus some times I just wanna have a real conversation.....
>>
Can always tell when someone hasn't worn a wig cap.

They're so damn cheap too.
>>
Painting your skin for cosplay. I get it, the character is dark, so you wanna look more accurate. So, go for a tan look based on your own skin tone. But, if your skin looks like Kelly Osbourne and your cosplay looks like Wesley Snipes, we got a problem.
>>
>>9456052
arent you shilling for them since you mentioned their cosplay page? unless you just made that up just now.

but yeah, i do agree with that too. Something similar to that happened to me while i was at wondercon.
was standing in line for a panel and complimented this persons cosplay. she was pretty cool and all but constantly kept bringing up her cosplay page.
she kept bugging me to look at her site immediately but i told her that im currently using a backup phone so I dont have any social media apps on it (obviously a lie).
>>
File: CNg654pUYAAsCkC.jpg (69KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
CNg654pUYAAsCkC.jpg
69KB, 600x800px
>>9455801
Oh anon
>>
>>9451690
What type of retardation is this?
>>
When people overdo styling their wig with 10lvs of gel and cans of gair spray. Shit lookin worse than low poly laura croft. I feel like I can legit break off a chunk of hair because it looks so stiff (not to mention shiny as hell)
>>
>>9456901
Inb4 spelling nazis
*lbs *hair
Cant type for crap on my phone
>>
>>9435956
>you absolute fucking walnut

I'm going to have to borrow that one.
>>
>>9440185
Jesus I feel this one on a visceral level. I had a lot of people do this when I cosplayed as Apollo but I think the worst was when some fuggo yell "ACTHUNG BABY" directly in my face with his stank ass breath. He then proceeded to try to talk to me in a shitty German accent as if I'd just go along with it and pretend he was Klavier. It was really strange.
>>
>>9446169
YURI NO
>>
im sure its been mentioned to death but for real.

FUCK "T SHIRT" COSPLAY

cant stand that shit. No your steven universe star shirt isnt cosplay. At least when Adventure Time was the over saturated and Finns where everywhere most would at least get the backpack, sword, hat.
>>
File: veronica.jpg (70KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
veronica.jpg
70KB, 576x1024px
I think no wig can sometimes be okay for certain characters on rare occassions but when your hair is so thin that your receding hairline give you a fivehead it's time to go wig shopping.

Pic related. She's supposed to be "Yandere Challenge" Veronica Sawyer which I guess means smearing lipstick on your face to simulate "blood".
>>
>>9457628
Holy shit I know this girls doppelgänger.

Sad thin, limp hair. 5head, mediocre skills, half-assed closet cosplays and bad makeup.
>>
>>9451594
a) either they have a fb page and are trying to promote their 'brand' or
b) they want to network, find the photos you took of them, or talk to you after the con (because you're both fans of the thing you're cosplay etc)
>>
File: 1430353315640[1].jpg (229KB, 954x708px) Image search: [Google]
1430353315640[1].jpg
229KB, 954x708px
I get triggered when i see a cosplayer use worbla on something so simple. stuff that you can easily achieve using cheaper materials like EVA foam.

whats the point of using worbla when youre not gonna take advantage of its properties?
seems like cosplayers just use it just because they heard a more popular cosplayer uses it.
>>
>>9458019
>dat lopsided & wrinkled worbla

mein sides
>>
>>9458019
>foam
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GA2tpPl-9GQ
>>
>>9456091
hi tumblr
>>
>>9443377
I would leave my industrial piercing in when I cosplayed Sollux, I even wore fake pointed ears and cut out holes for it, I felt i fit the character well
>especially when I was weeb trash and the gem colors were purple and yellow
>>
>>9437225
They want to ride eternal, shiny and chrome.
>>
>>9456004
i really wanna strangle my local cons for the "meet the famous cosplayers section" none of them ive ever heard of or seen compete at our local big con.

Half of them have store bought/china bought. I normally roll up and take all the attention away from em for a few hours to piss them off. always worth it.
>>
When shitty cosplays are praised and god tier cosplays are totally ignored.
Thread posts: 321
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.