[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bodypaint General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 7

Can we have a body paint thread? Post pictures of your favorite cosplays with body/face paint, ask questions about specific products or techniques, share horror stories, etc.
>>
File: tumblr_n2e2ihAed81r9ewaqo2_1280.jpg (580KB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n2e2ihAed81r9ewaqo2_1280.jpg
580KB, 1280x1920px
I'll start with a small dump.
>>
File: twilek-cosplay-1.jpg (82KB, 434x650px) Image search: [Google]
twilek-cosplay-1.jpg
82KB, 434x650px
>>9432920
>>
>>9432921
>>
>>9432922
>>
File: avatar-navi-costume2.jpg (103KB, 462x693px) Image search: [Google]
103KB, 462x693px
>>9432923
>>
>>9432924
Aaand a useful infographic for purchasing paint. I'd also add Snazaroo to that list of water based paints, its very cheap and washes off easily plus its readily available at Joann Fabrics and Michaels.
>>
>>9432926
so what do i use if im the kind of person that sweats pretty easily but doesnt want the paint to rub off easily on clothing/props?
>>
>>9432933
Probably use a "grease" (cream) paint like Ben Nye or Mehron (not their aquacolor line). You will want to set it with setting powder until it is no longer tacky to the touch.

You could also look into alcohol or hybrid paints (ProAiir is a brand I've used before). They are liquid and can be applied with a brush or an airbrush.
>>
>rooming at a con with two cosplaying friends
>have experience with face/body painting
>throw my basic kit in just in case, though no one has specifically asked me too
>both friends need my kit to complete their costumes
>friend one has black designs painted on her arm
>set her paint, still warm her about touching other people throughout the day (especially me because I was wearing white)
>she's considerate all day, making sure she's walking on the opposite side of me so she doesn't get paint on my cosplay
>friend two needs "battle scars" on her arms and chest
>give her the same warning
>sit down next to her on shuttle from parking to con
>she leans against me and leaves a red smear on my white shirt

Last time I help her out
>>
>>9432933

I use Kryolan waterbased paints and set it with Mehron barrier spray to seal everything in. Sweat didn't affect it whatsoever.
>>
>>9433098
What cosplay do you use it for?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.