[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Canada Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 325
Thread images: 75

Drama aftermath edition

Link to old thread: >>9394134

Costume-Con 35
April 20-24, 2017 Mississauga, Ontario

Kawaii Bass Presents: Nekomimi Fantasy
April 22nd, 2017 Toronto, Ontario

Calgary Expo
April 27-30, 2017 Calgary, Alberta

Sci-Fi on the Rock 11
April 28th - 30th, 2017 St. John's, Newfoundland

Ad Astra
May 5-7, 2017 Toronto, Ontario

Tsurucon
May 6, 2017 Red Deer, Alberta

FanExpo Regina
May 6-7, 2017 Regina, Saskatchewan

Ottawa Comiccon
May 12 to 14, 2017 Ottawa, Ontario

East Coast Comic Expo
May 19-20 Moncton, New Brunswick

Nishikaze
May 19-20, 2017 Lethbridge, Alberta

Next Music From Tokyo
May 19 Toronto @ The Rivoli
May 20 Toronto @ Lee's Palace
May 22 Montreal @ Divan Orange
May 24 Vancouver @ Biltmore Cabaret

Anime North
May 26-28, 2017 Toronto, Ontario

FanQuest
May 27-28, 2017 Winnipeg, Manitoba

Niagara Falls Comic Con
June 2-4, 2017 Niagra Falls, Ontario

Graphic-Con
June 10, 2017 Sudbury, Ontario

Calgary Horror Con
June 10-11, 2017 Calgary, Alberta

Victoria Comic Book Expo
June 11, 2017 Victoria, British Columbia

Fur-Eh!
June 15-18, 2017 Edmonton, Alberta

YetiCon
June 16-18, 2017 The Blue Mountains, Ontario
>>
If you're going to add Graphic-Con, which I see no indication of upgrading from a simple vendor hall with a masquerade held in an arena, you should add this list to the list:

Northern Ontario Expo
May 6-7 Timmins, Ontario
http://www.northernontarioexpo.com/
>>
>>9432724
I just used the animecons.ca website to continue the list, previous thread Op wasn't me. But thanks for mentioning it, I'm sure the list is missing lots of newer/smaller/more obscure stuff.
>>
Are the Yeticon hotel rooms sold out? I might just be really stupid and can't find where/how to book the other hotels.
>>
>>9433417
you have to book through the resort, just go to bluemountain website and see what you can find. At this point, considering the con is about 2 months away, my guess is if there are any available still, they're more than likely the houses they rent that are outside of the con area.

Last year I booked really late, because I wasn't really that concerned about going since it was a 'new con' and I ended up getting a room in a house down the street. It was about a 20 minute walk to the con.
>>
This looks really cool
http://www.animenorth.com/live/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1384:sayumi-hirata&catid=81:fashion&Itemid=217

Can't wait for some brainwashed mouth breather to ask about cultural appropriation in their panel.
>>
>>9433567
The website kept giving me "there is nothing available for your search" or something with the code but as soon as it hit midnight everything was open to book, so I don't know what happened there.
>>
>be fallout fan
>cosplay bcuz fun
>(almost) get shot
>>
>>9434142
> Does anyone know if they sell wigs at anime north?

yep
>>
>>9434134
>in small town northern alberta full of old fucks

Not saying he deserved it but not the smartest move
>>
>>9434450
Im saying he deserved it. Come on, why would you walk around in military gear in the of town?
Thats just retarded
>>
gulls i posted my nominoichi list if you guys are interested
ill do cgl discounts!
my table is n137 if you guys want to look at the AN nomi board
>>
Where is everyone finding the programming for AN? I only see the 2016 programming from last year.
>>
>>9435306
It won't come out till maybe a week before the con starts if we're lucky. I've seen it come out as late as a few days prior.
>>
File: fallout tshirt.jpg (121KB, 1017x974px) Image search: [Google]
fallout tshirt.jpg
121KB, 1017x974px
>>
>>9435306
all we know is recurring yearly events and the guest stuff they've been announcing on the main page
>>
Does anime north get its own thread or do we just discuss it here?
I-I'd like to attend a meet up for the first time too so I'd like to be able to know..
>>
>>9435306
You can get an idea of the panels and public photoshoots on the AN forums. No actual schedules yet.
>>
>>9435604
we talk about it here, and when it gets closer to AN there'll be an AN thread.
>>
Does anyone know around when the next batch of Megabus tickets are coming out? Their FAQ says they are bookable over 45 days in advance but it's well past that time period now and I'm getting antsy about sniping cheap tickets.
>>
>>9434993
do we get a truffle if we buy something from you?
>>
>>9436722
sure if you buy at double the price
>>
anyone going to Calgary Expo? I was gonna go but my friend had an emergency and is leaving the province to visit senpai. I still might go though but alone.
>>
File: 1490854307382.jpg (55KB, 478x640px) Image search: [Google]
1490854307382.jpg
55KB, 478x640px
A FUCKING LEAF

F
U
C
K
I
N
G

L
E
A
F
>>
>>9437890
it autocorrected from "some senpai" to senpai. oh god i'm a huge weeb or something.
>>
>>9437890
Bit the bullet on a 4 day pass this year. Hoping deadlines at work won't fuck me over on Thursday/Friday night but will be there on the weekend either way.
>>
>>9437890
I'l be there all four days. Still haven't quite gotten what I'l be doing down each say but I'll post closer to the start of the con.
>>
>>9437999
>being this new
>>
File: P4150833.jpg (201KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
P4150833.jpg
201KB, 1000x750px
Gonna be a real good cherry blossom season by this weekend. Everything's almost ready to pop.
>>
xth for no fucking guests at AN
>>
>>9439099
Why the fuck would they ever bother to book guests? The know the con will sell out anyway
>>
Anyone going to Geekquinox in Halifax this weekend? I literally just heard about it and am too busy to consider attending. If anyone's going can you please report back how it is?
>>
>>9439818
Canada General is actually GTA General so probably not
>>
>>9439869
petition for gta general and rest-of-canada general separate threads

>>9438908
sweeeeeet! its so early!
>>
Curious.

Have any of you on here actually managed to get laid at anime north or another convention before?

It's a nice thought, but I could never actually see this happening judging by the usual crowds at AN.

Maybe you could find a cute girl or guy that is in a huge group and you some how talk to them and exchange numbers, but the odds you have chemistry is pretty low.

Not even including the fact that they probably won't ever respond to you if you text them after the convention is over.

or maybe I just suck at being social
>>
>>9440102
Hook ups do happen at the con. But it really depends on how thirsty or autistic you are, and if you have eternal resting bitch face. If one of these applies to you and a girl senses a creepy vibe off you, you're not getting laid.
>>
>>9440124

Sadly, I have standards and don't really pursue girls unless they genuinely gage my interest.

Rumours go around so I was just curious and trying to wrap my brain around the very idea of getting laid at anime north.

Do you have any actual stories of it happening? Cause all I hear are generally rumours.
>>
>>9440152
I have one friend who's kinda chubby but is really outgoing and funny managed to hook up with a cute shy girl at AN. He also got a bj from a hot slutty girl at APop.
>>
>>9439818
It's essentially just a glorified dealers' room. Don't worry about missing anything. Most of them will be at Hal-Con in a few months.
>>
>>9440102
If I could do while being fat and in a dress then anyone can.

To be fair it was apop.

>>9440220
I think your friend gave me a wrong number :(
>>
File: IMG_20170418_193709.jpg (244KB, 1000x740px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170418_193709.jpg
244KB, 1000x740px
>>9439893
Same branch, 3 days later
>>
>>9440220
>>9440487

interesting.

Closest I've come to the sorts, is making out with a couple chicks at the dance last year but that doesn't really count considering I don't even remember what they looked like and it's the environment that type of shit happens.

hmm, upon reevaluation. Good portion of weebs and nerds are pretty desperate for some action..

alright, I'm convinced. It's still such an interesting idea though because in that sense the con, through some peoples eyes, is just a cesspool of fellow weebs trying to find a significant other or hook up.

God damn I love anime north lmao it's become such a social phenomenon
>>
>>9440152
>>9440531
>Sadly, I have standards and don't really pursue girls unless they genuinely gage my interest.
>Closest I've come to the sorts, is making out with a couple chicks at the dance last year but that doesn't really count considering I don't even remember what they looked like and it's the environment that type of shit happens.

lol.
>>
>>9440531
>God damn I love anime north lmao it's become such a social phenomenon

No, it hasn't. You're talking about a bunch of people in their teens and 20s taking a vacation together for a weekend where there will be partying. People are going to hookup in that situation.
>>
Seems like the novii situation is blowing over. I think most of the girls that were in his gang are fine now:

Bridgette: Has a bf she won't stop talking about

Toothbrushchan: Probably has a bf(??) and is going to school

Q: In school and is probably a lesbian
>>
>>9440124
>depends on how thirsty or autistic you are
>autistic you are

>>9440102
>>9440152
>>9440531

I think this might fall under too autistic
>>
>>9440663
yeah, for some reason it didn't click that people would be so desperate for some action

>>9440763
I mean if you equate some self respect with autism, call it whatever you want?

I go to anime north to get drunk with friends and have fun lol
>>
>>9440778
It's not that they're desperate. People hookup with each other in party atmospheres.

You need to get off your high horse because you honestly just sound awkward and inexperienced.
>>
>>9440102
I know someone who managed to get pregnant at AN with some random guy who wanted to hook up.

Funniest shit ever.
>>
>>9440778
>going to anime conventions to get drunk
>"I have self respect"
Just stop. You're obviously justifying your failure with the opposite sex to yourself by saying you have self respect.
>>
>>9440778
See
>>9440794
>>9440891
>>
>>9440684
>Seems like the novii situation is blowing over
Has he not said anything or made some sort of statement that isn't "you're either with me or against me!"?
>>
Just a reminder for those interested. We're rescheduling this meetup for Saturday April 29th, where we'll go for Japanese BBQ followed by drinks and games at Power Up Game Bar. We can meetup in front of Gyu Kaku at 5:30pm and head directly to Power Up Game Bar right after dinner.

Gyu Kaku is located on Church between Queen and King, and Power Up Game Bar is a short walk from there (5-10mins) near Church and Wellington.

http://www.gyu-kaku.com/toronto
http://powerupbar.ca/
>>
>>9440983
His cosplay photography career is done. But it seems like people have stopped talking about him.
>>
>>9441030
Any girls go to these? I feel like it's a sausage fest.
>>
>>9441032
A few do show up from time to time, but you're right it is mostly a sausage fest.

To be fair these meetups aren't really setup for dating or hooking up, more as a pass time in between conventions to go out, eat and explore weeb culture within the city. So far we've been to maid cafes, had crepes, ate at various ramen and izakaya restaurant, tried Japanese fusion, etc.
>>
>>9440684
I'm not so sure it's blowing over.

There's just only so much you can talk about in public fb status updates, etc.

If he had been posting and defending himself it'd probably be still going as a public circus.

Look at this: https://kiwifarms.net/threads/kevin-ly-novii-photography.29981/

Someone writes there that somebody is trying to press charges.
>>
>>9441129
Wtf is kiwifarms?

Half the people in Facebook comments wrote they were going to try to press charges and the other half were sending thinly veiled death threats from the safety of their keyboards.
Doubt either is actually going to happen, especially not with out of context, undated screencaps as the only physical proof.
>>
>>9441170
CWC stalkers and drama lampreys
>>
>>9441030

I'm probably gonna come

Any idea how many people are coming as of yet?
>>
>>9441170
honestly I have no idea. I was just bored yesterday and googled "novii photography" with the settings set to within the past week because I had also noticed it was dying down but I am still majorly SHOOK from this happening
>>
I got invited to play some music at FanQuest. How autism inducing is this event? I know it's their first year.
>>
Never been to a con before, is it a good place to make friends? I don't get much human interaction outside of work.
>>
>>9441342
It depends on the con. Mid-size cons are the best for this. Too small and everyone knows each other so it can be clique-y, too big and everyone just sticks to their own friends.

Where are you located? How old are you? What are your interests? People here might be able to make suggestions on what cons to check out.
>>
>>9441356
23, recently moved to Toronto and I was planning on going to Anime North next month. Don't really have any hobbies other than anime/manga and vidya.
>>
>>9441375
AN is a good con to meet new people, as there's a little bit for everyone. Though you might be overwhelmed due to the sheer size of the con. You can try meeting new people if you attend the cgl meetup.

Yeti Con is supposed to be REALLY FUN as it's located inside a resort with various rides and attractions. You should definitely be able to meet new people here.
http://www.yeticon.org/

I've personally never attended but I've heard good things about Con Bravo located in Hamilton. People tell me it's a fun con to attend with a chill atmosphere.
http://2017.conbravo.com/

You can also check out Fanexpo in the summer. It's a big con with lots of industry and special guests. The atmosphere is more uptight and corporate, but this is the con that'll most likely feature special guests you might be interested in (Hollywood celebs, famous artists, etc).
http://fanexpocanada.com/
>>
>>9441375
>>9441452
Huge rec for con bravo
Felt very personal last year, and talked to piles of cool people.
Even saw a gay madoka at the bar
>>
>>9441452
Thanks for recommendations. Yeti Con in particular does look pretty interesting.

And I thought of going to the meetup, but I figured it would be pretty awkward since I'm a tad older than the 4chan demo.
>>
>>9441499
wut
most are early twenties dude
You the same age
>>
>>9440512
dammit it doesnt look too exciting, i wanted to shoot tomorrow. i hope it looks decent for photos arghhh.
probably not going to be in the GTA anymore til it's over, gonna be missing peak bloom fml.
>>
>>9441331
what kind of music desu?
>>
>can't see how many AN badges are left on eventbrite
Top kek, they did remove that to hide that there's still about 5k spots left with only 1 month to go.
>>
File: IMG_20170419_185406.jpg (831KB, 1000x1351px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170419_185406.jpg
831KB, 1000x1351px
>>9441507
By tomorrow you might find one or two early blooming varieties. Here's a picture from today. Just starting to open on this one tree, the rest are still closed. You could also try the trees at centennial park and center island.
http://www.blogto.com/city/2016/05/5_places_to_find_cherry_blossoms_in_toronto_beyond_high_park/

>>9441499
No need to worry about age, the meets definitely skew older.
>>
>>9441676
I'm going to go Friday actually, looks like theres rain tomorrow.
Do you think the storm will damage the trees? :(
>>
>>9441688
The wind prediction is only up to 30kph so that's not too bad. The rain can make petals fall off once they're open but most of them will probably be protected just by virtue of being closed. The real killer is cold snaps and frost.
>>
>>9441711
Alright, hoping for the best! Despite being in the GTA for like... 16? years now, I've never seen the cherry blossoms aside from a few trees here and there.
>>
>>9441471
>Gay madoka at the bar

Eyyyyy should of bought me a drink.
>>
File: P2tQP_gX.jpg (39KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
P2tQP_gX.jpg
39KB, 512x512px
>one more week

hnnngh~
>>
>>9442961
More like PANIC MODE, I got way less done than I should have this week because of exams.
>>
update re: blossoms, i shot at kariya today.

there is ONE cherry blossom tree low key budding in the entire park, it's not worth going for the cherry blossoms!

however i did shoot near the magnolia (i think?) trees near the front of the park, near celebration square, and in jubilee park today, and theyre very pretty! the flowers are bigger than cherry blossoms so they photograph nicely although arguably not the same effect if you want cherry blossoms. however, i had a good time because iirc during bloom season the parks are always super crowded? near the blossoming trees at the front there was no one there and we got some nice shots.

was hecking cold and windy tho, but the wind was a free dress/cape thrower so hey, i'll take it.
>>
File: MYXJ_20170421170740_save.jpg (3MB, 1440x1920px) Image search: [Google]
MYXJ_20170421170740_save.jpg
3MB, 1440x1920px
>>9443770
from today!
>>
>>9441030
>>9441032
>>9441269

One of our regulars informed me that Pink City is hosting an event at Power Up Game Bar the night we intend to do our meetup. Which will probably mean the bar will be closed to set up for the event.
https://www.fb.com/events/805756562914067/

So right now we have two options:
1) Push the dinner at Gyu Kaku to 7:00pm followed by checking out the Pink City event at Power Up Game Bar (event starts at 10pm)

2) Go to a different restaurant and venue afterwards. I was thinking of checking out Mr. Tonkatsu followed by Tilt. Both establishments are located near Bathurst and Bloor.
http://www.mrtonkatsu.com/
http://www.tilttoronto.com/
>>
File: 1441088349044.jpg (78KB, 639x595px) Image search: [Google]
1441088349044.jpg
78KB, 639x595px
>tfw you didn't get to go last year
>tfw none of your friends are going this year and wouldn't have anyone to stay with
>tfw haven't worked on a cosplay in over a year but the thought of AN makes you want to get back at it.
>>
So it's fine to wear a swimsuit cosplay to Otafest, right? My ass cheeks aren't gonna be flapping around so I'm assuming it's fine.
>>
File: C99u33LVoAA5Ol8.jpg (144KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
C99u33LVoAA5Ol8.jpg
144KB, 720x540px
>>9443770
Yeah, the last couple days of cloud and rain slowed them down. :( Seems like this weekend Queen's park is the place to be from this twitter photo. I'm going to check that out tomorrow and maybe center island too.

In the last couple of years I have noticed Kariya tends to bloom after high park (I guess it's a bit farther north) so if you're not away from TO too long you might catch some of the peak there or in York U.

>>9443815
Lovely!
>>
>>9443914
Not against going to the Power Up Game Bar still

Not sure about tilt. From what I understand its an arcade snack bar? Doesn't really sound like my thing.

Let me know what your final decision is, but I might pass if you all end up going to Tilt instead.
>>
Found a video of Tilt. Has anyone been to a Pink City event?
https://youtu.be/EDQxn-69hDo?t=95
>>
>>9441622
>Top kek
Anime North made more money per person ($50,000 more alone by not giving $10 off for the first 5000 tickets).

It might look like a stupid move, but they will still sell out and will make more money. It may have taken longer, but that's not indication that this strategy has failed.
>>
>>9439818
Posting from Geequinox. It's a big dealer's room. Not from the province, but I hear Hal-con is much better. Wait for that?
>>
Anyone at costume con today?
>>
>>9443914
I'm down for which ever as I'm not really planning on drinking. My weight-loss has stalled a bit over the last 2 weeks so I gotta really push myself if I want to make it for an.
>>
>>9444742
Thanks for letting me know, much appreciated. :)
>>
File: P4220887.jpg (274KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
P4220887.jpg
274KB, 750x1000px
Costume Con was a different experience. It's pretty small, maybe around the size of Anime Shogatsu but spread out in a much larger hotel space with much wider hallways. Being way out on the outer edge of a suburb town didn't help attendance I'm sure. The programming is all focused on costume-making, naturally, but I did take in a panel on historical 18th century fashion that was really interesting. Vendor room was about the same size as shogatsu but only selling props, jewellery and costume parts. The crowd that was there was almost all in cosplay, and tons of elaborate and high quality ones. Mix of scifi, fantasy, historical reproductions, comic book, vidya, and original designs. A handful of anime costumes. Another thing of note was a lot of over-40 cosplayers, even 60+ with some very well made outfits. Quite a few francophones too.

The main event on Saturday is the masquerade. No dance or evening/overnight programming. Like the costumes, the skits were also well done and rehearsed, with some genuinely funny jokes.

The only blemish was a pair of wet blankets in the masquerade audience going "creeper" or "he's making everyone unsafe" or "UGH" or "SIIIIIIGH" whenever the MC threw in some banter about the sexier costumes. Everyone else, male and female, were cheering him on.
>>
>>9441170
>>9441317
Kiwifarms is a board dedicated to lolcows. If you're familiar with Pretty Ugly Little Liars, it's like that, only it goes beyond just the cosplay scene.

It's a pretty shitty place because it's full of rampant doxxing and snitching on semi-deserving people, but it's also an awesome place because people suffering internet bullying at the hands of certain untouchably powerful internet personalities (especially the SJW types who've found they can get away with anything) have been able to go there, band together, and fight back.

They're the ones who unmasked Shmorky's pedophillia and harassment, for example. They took down Vade, possibly the worst person to ever disgrace the internet.
>>
File: IMG_2528.jpg (3MB, 2938x2204px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2528.jpg
3MB, 2938x2204px
Was at the JCCC today to register for a class. The cherry blossoms are in full bloom right now. If anyone is interested in checking them out, do so now before they disappear.
>>
File: IMG_2534.jpg (3MB, 2938x2204px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2534.jpg
3MB, 2938x2204px
>>9446372
>>
File: IMG_2537.jpg (3MB, 2938x2204px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2537.jpg
3MB, 2938x2204px
>>9446372
>>9446375
>>
>>9446372
Thanks for the tip, I'll try to pass by during the week.
>>
>Volunteered at Sci fi on the rock the past 3 years hoping to meet new friends etc.
>It never happens each time.

Im just not going to go this year, screw it. Its amazing how much of an "in group" has formed in the volunteer committee and regulars.
>>
>>9446714
St. John's is tiny as fuck. What do you expect?

I went one year, and the people running it seemed so far up their own asses, as if they were the first people to ever run a convention. That along with the complete lack of content (other than presenting my panels, I spent about 20 minutes in the artist alley and then peaced out) made sure I wouldn't ever return.
>>
File: wtf.png (735KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.png
735KB, 1200x600px
animaritime shot themselves in the foot with AA this year. so many great artists just flat out denied while absolute shite is let through

left: accepted
right: denied

what the fuck
>>
>>9446786
Theres also only super mainstream Anime and Sci fi fans there as well.

There was this cute grill last year selling really nice Touhou fanart of hers and I dont think she made a single sale.
>>
Plans for an are coming along nicely. I got one cosplay coming in the mail today, another one is being sent out this week and my last one is in the process of being made. Gave up hope on my gilgamesh cosplay as I haven't heard back from my commissioner since the start of the year but my other two are going to make up for it.
>>9446786
>>9446714
Eyy this was my first con I ever attended and desu it's better than most shilled out comic cons. If I'm ever back in newfoundloand while it happens I'll come slut it up.
>>
>>9446714
I stopped volunteering when I heard how the cunt in charge of the costume contest for the last few years (I think her name is Maddy) changed the rules so that crappy thrown together costumes had a better chance of winning the contests. Surprise surprise she always wears one. I know I am sure as hell not going anymore.
>>
>>9446810
Lottery is the best method for sure. If you wanted to base it off of skill, it would be completely subjective and would lead to organizers taking bribes or only selecting from their in-groups largely.
>>
>>9447445
????
He died from an allergic reaction and had zero to do with Canadian cosplay
>>
>>9447416
it wasn't a lottery tho
>>
>>9447490

Allergic reaction to his Canadian cosplaying wife's cat.
>>
File: 20170424_170942.jpg (2MB, 1753x2870px) Image search: [Google]
20170424_170942.jpg
2MB, 1753x2870px
That feel when you are still too small for your cosplay and they fit awkwardly. Well looks like I'm bulking again..

It's probably also a good thing that I'm getting my more serious cosplays commissioned
>>
>>9447508
Now I'm unsure if I'm looking forward to Animaritime as much since I was going primarily for AA. :s
>>
>>9447523
Jesus, what a pointless way for someone so talented to die.

At least overdose on drugs or something.
>>
File: guest_MWAM_2016Amain_big.jpg (212KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
guest_MWAM_2016Amain_big.jpg
212KB, 450x338px
Otakuthon just announced Man with a Mission as a musical guest, already topping AN's whole lineup.
>>
>>9447692
Fucking Sled Island this year is going to have a better weeaboo lineup, lol
>>
>>9444199
Sorry anon, a couple of our regulars can't make it and you're the only who's expressed any interests in coming to the meetup. I think it'd be best if we shelved this event for now and reschedule till after AN.

Keep an eye out for the Canada General Thread, I'll make another post in the near future about any scheduled meetups here.
>>
File: P4241154.jpg (2MB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
P4241154.jpg
2MB, 2304x1728px
>>9446372
The JCCC was worth the cross-town drive! I had no idea they have some huge trees there. There's little saplings planted all around the parking lot too. In a few years it'll be like a school entrance ceremony scene.
>>
File: P4241145.jpg (2MB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
P4241145.jpg
2MB, 2304x1728px
>>9448036
>>
>>9447641
Damn son, I thought you were big last year.
>>
>>9447641
Why do you only cosplay females
>>
File: Gilgamesh3.png (349KB, 512x720px) Image search: [Google]
Gilgamesh3.png
349KB, 512x720px
>>9448612
Nah Im still pretty small and chubby, maybe next year will be the year that im big and shredded.
>>9449389
Was going to cosplay gilgamesh at AN this year but I haven't heard back from my commissioner since like December after putting $200 down for materials and what not. I do have another male cosplay planned for AN and am probably going to cosplay Kars in 2018 if im big/shredded enough.
>>
>>9449594
>>9448612
Im also getting this commissioned by a different commissioner but It probably wont be ready until yeti con

Kek, I fucked up my trip twice in a row.
>>
>Tfw trying to find a quick pt job to make some extra dosh in time for expo
>Get job working in expo parking lot
RIP
>>
>>9449605
Pls never change Nekko
>>
Megabus tickets are finally out for anyone needing!
>>
File: tumblr_nnuxh0o7jP1u1iu9wo1_500.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nnuxh0o7jP1u1iu9wo1_500.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>9449605
ayyyy, nude boyz unite
>>
One month till AN. Who's actually prepared? I'm not at all
>>
>>9450559
>con tickets confirmed months ago
>flight booked
>cozy air bnb reserved
>coords complete
>travel amenities at the ready

>still waiting on my passport
I'm panicking
>>
>>9450911
Why fly to AN instead of a good con in the states?
>>
>>9450559
I can't even start until my school year is over and half of me thinks it's going to be okay since I've got two full weeks, the other half is reminding the first half of all the shit I've got to do and oh god I'm not ready
>>
>>9450973
I'm meeting a good number of friends that live all over the US and Canada and Toronto was the best spot for almost everyone. I'm willing to make the trip for friendship, anon
>>
File: Shion.(No.6).600.758889.jpg (68KB, 738x529px) Image search: [Google]
Shion.(No.6).600.758889.jpg
68KB, 738x529px
>>9450559
Not at all here, being a major fag and cosplaying pic related but have not got anything together other than ordering the wig.
>>
>>9447692
Anyone purchased their ticket yet? Or are we too focused on GTA
>>
>>9451478
Shit did not know they were out. Thanks for the heads up anon! Just bought my pass and concert ticket ayy
>>
>>9450559
I'm not planning much so everything is pretty much done.
>>
>>9451231
Anime North thread
>>
>>9449594
Finally heard back from my gilgamesh commissioner and everything is going to be ready before anime north. So far I've spent ~$1000 for 4 cosplays this year year but it should be worth it in the end.
>>
>>9442961
>ttttwwwwooooo mmmmoooorrrreeeee hhhoooooooouuuuurrrrrrrsssssssss
>>
File: mina_pokemonsunmoon.png (129KB, 200x514px) Image search: [Google]
mina_pokemonsunmoon.png
129KB, 200x514px
>>9451085
same. I bought the wig 3 months ago when there was a sale. I just need to sew a bag, make the temporary tattoo for the face, dye the wig, find/paint a shirt, and get some leggings/shoes.

Seems so easy but I'm procrastinating like an idiot.
>>
how long does it take to deliver from bodyline to montreal?
>>
>>9447641
You should get some photos in it with the cherry blossoms before they're gone!
>>
>>9454334
PS. Don't climb the trees.
>>
Bane?
>>
I'm going to my first con in Canada, it's also my first con out of my third world country and I have a few questions and I was wondering if anyone could answer a few!

>What do you consider to be something unique to canadian cons that I shouldn't miss?
>Which characters are popular in Canada? Should I expect to see many cosplayers of them?
>Is there any etiquete rule I should remember?
>How are panels there?
>Are cons in Canada like the ones in the US (I've read a lot about those, if they aren't then can you explain what are the major differences?)
>I'm visiting a place where people speak french and english, I'm learning a bit of french, but should I expect con goes to speak mostly english or french?
>Is it easy to make friends at the con? Or should I keep to myself?
>What are the rules when asking for someone's picture? Other than being polite and not touching them.

Thanks in advance!
>>
>>9454851
>>What do you consider to be something unique to canadian cons that I shouldn't miss?
I don't know if there's much that's "unique" to Canada cons because there's so much overlap with US cons. Maybe the pro wrestling at AN but I wouldn't call that a must-see. Otakuthon might have some unique stuff but I haven't been there. If you want unique to North America, Anime Hell and Totally Lame Anime are usually fun.
The Anime North maid cafe is one of the better con cafes, cute maids and good performances.
>>Which characters are popular in Canada? Should I expect to see many cosplayers of them?
Love Live, Attack on Titan, Overwatch, Undertale, Pokemon are some of the bigger ones. There's also a lot of flavor of the month characters, like this year Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid and Yuri On Ice.
>>Is there any etiquete rule I should remember?
Hold the doors open for the person behind you. If you bump into someone, always say "sorry" even if it's their fault. Don't spit on the sidewalk. Cars follow the traffic laws a lot more than in 3rd world countries so use the traffic lights and pedestrian crossings to cross streets. When you shake hands use a firm grip. Don't do cheek kiss as greeting unless you're very familiar with the person.
>>How are panels there?
Mixed bag. A lot (the ones with just a series name as the title) are just a group of teenagers just going "we like this show, you like this show too!". A few are are funny or interesting, like Anime Hell, or some of the actual lectures on cultural stuff. QA panels with Japanese artists and voice actors are usually good.
>>Are cons in Canada like the ones in the US
Haven't been to the US so don't know.
>>
>>9454967 (continued)
>>I'm visiting a place where people speak french and english, I'm learning a bit of french, but should I expect con goes to speak mostly english or french?
Most people will be bilingual in the french speaking areas but I think they appreciate if you know at least a couple of phrases in french.
>>Is it easy to make friends at the con? Or should I keep to myself?
It's not hard if you're outgoing and not a sperglord. Being in cosplay yourself helps a ton to make friends.
>>What are the rules when asking for someone's picture? Other than being polite and not touching them.
Don't ask for a picture in the middle of a hallway where people are walking. If you ask to be in the picture with them, don't hoverhand (pretending to put your arm around their shoulder/waist without physically touching). If they give you a cosplay card with their social media pages, it's nice to send them the picture after the con.
>>
>>9454851
Which convention?
>>
>>9432485
>What do you consider to be something unique to canadian cons that I shouldn't miss?
There's a lot of overlap with American cons.
>Which characters are popular in Canada? Should I expect to see many cosplayers of them?
Reboot's way more popular here, there's usually at least one or two Reboot cosplayers if not a whole group of them despite the show having been over for years. Otherwise it's a pretty mixed bag, so far I've seen lots of Star Wars cosplayers this year.
>Is there any etiquette rule I should remember?
Hold the door for people, apologize when bumping into people. Be polite, like anon above said don't spit.
>How are panels there?
I don't really go to panels so I can't say.
>Are cons in Canada like the ones in the US (I've read a lot about those, if they aren't then can you explain what are the major differences?)
Cons in Canada are mostly smaller.
>I'm visiting a place where people speak french and english, I'm learning a bit of french, but should I expect con goes to speak mostly english or french?
This varies. If you're going to Montreal most people speak both. If you're going to Quebec City a lot more people are going to speak French.
>What are the rules when asking for someone's picture? Other than being polite and not touching them.
Don't ask when people are eating food. Otherwise just be polite. Touching is usually okay and less awkward than hovering as long as you're not a creep and don't touch anywhere inappropriate and your hands aren't dirty.
>>
>>9454967
>>9455018
Thanks for the advice! I'm very excited.

>>9454984
MTL Comic Con.
>>
>>9454334
anyone live near Kariya Park that can give any update on the status of the blossoms? Planning to go down and see them Wednesday but I live outside of the GTA and want the trip to be somewhat worthwhile.
>>
>>9455394
MCC I've only been once and I'm from Montreal but it's not that great. It's mainly for dropping cash on meeting industry guests and in the vendors hall, rather than going to panels and meeting fans of similar series. There's a LOT of normies because of the attraction of the big names so the cosplay scene is very weak. You're going to see a lot of party city Superman costumes and stuff but cosplayers are still way outnumbered. Montreal is very much bilingual, you'll be fine with just English. Some francophones can get really snobby about language but that doesn't happen much at cons since they know lots of outsiders are coming in. If you're female and going solo you might get a lot of "Ugh girls can't be real comic fans" from vendors, which happened to my friend a bunch when she was trying to buy things like dudes.. do you not want money.

This is just my experience in comparison to other Canadian cons, take my words with a grain of salt.
>>
Sci fi on the rock was crazy successful this year. Going to need a bigger Venue again.
>>
>>9456527
I doubt they'll get a bigger venue. SFOTR is like 70% kids of bored NL parents who want to entertain them for a day. No one is spending money there.
>>
File: IMG_2540.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2540.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
I stopped by High Park the other day and took some shots of the cherry blossoms with my phone. Hard to get very many good shots due to the crowds and the weather, but I'll share what I got here.
>>
File: IMG_2542.jpg (4MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2542.jpg
4MB, 3264x2448px
>>9456789
>>
File: IMG_2543.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2543.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>9456789
>>9456792
>>
File: IMG_2544.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2544.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>9456789
>>9456792
>>9456795
>>
File: IMG_2546.jpg (4MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2546.jpg
4MB, 3264x2448px
>>9456789
>>9456792
>>9456795
>>9456799
>>
>>9456789
>>9456792
>>9456795
>>9456799
>>9456805
>Canada has festivals celebrating the beauty of nature
>Japan has a national holiday celebrating their culture's appreciation for nature

Are other countries even trying? Why the fuck isn't Earth Day, or anything, like this?

Excellent pics btw please keep them coming
>>
>>9456811
Sorry anon, I have more photos but those already posted are my best shots. My other photos are more candid due to the crowds and bad weather. You have no idea how many of my shots were ruined due to little kids jumping up and down and couples pulling on the branches to take selfies.
>>
Back from the Calgary Expo. Lots of fun, spent way too much money as always and I broke my promise not to buy a bunch more prints I'll never end up doing anything with almost immediately. Don't think I'd go for a full 4-day pass again though, last year I went for two days and it feels like that's the sweet spot.
>>
>>9456924
I just went for a few hours today. There were a lot of things that tickled my fancy, but luckily I had a friend to help restrain me. I only spent 20 bucks on some stickers and a shirtless illustration of my OG husbando, Spike.
>>
>>9456943
The main thing I was interested in today was Stan Lee but he ended up just repeating a lot of the same stories he told the last two times I saw him so eh.
>>
>>9456987
>Stan Lee
I thought he stopped attending Canadian cons?
>>
>>9456987
He's such a tiny and frail guy. I feel like an unauthorized breeze in the hall would make him keel over.
>>
>>9457029
Todd Macfarlane was one of the primary guests, he played the hometown advantage and talked Stan into one final Canadian date in Calgary with himself as moderator.
>>
Honestly tempted to go to otakuthon just to see MWAM. How worth it would it be? Is it a good con?

I'm in toronto so it'd be a bit of a drive
>>
>>9457175
If you like the band than you should definitely go for it. Otakuthon is a fun con that's well organized. Also Montreal has A TON of great places to eat and interesting places to check out. The only thing to be wary about this year is the prices for accommodations are sky high due to another event running at the same time.

https://www.osheaga.com/en
>>
>>9457238
this, Montreal is fun as fuck, even if you ditch the con there's tons to do.
>>
>>9457238
I might end up going then thanks! Im sure I can comvince a friend to come with me. Is the public transit okay there? Probably end up staying a little away just to save cash

Missed my chance to see back-on last year i dont want to miss this chance to see a band I love. AN needs to pick up their shit and get a good band for once
>>
>>9457334
the palais has a metro stop directly underneath it so as long as you're staying someplace accessible to the system it's a pretty idiot-proof commute
>>
File: P4301248-2048px.jpg (2MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
P4301248-2048px.jpg
2MB, 2048x1536px
>>9455894
I went there yesterday. The two magnolias(?) in front have lost most of their petals. The one white flower tree in the back is peeled but the fallen petals make a nice carpet on the ground around it. The weeping type cherry trees around the ponds and in front are all in full bloom. The bigger trees in the center path of the park and the main row of trees in front are close to opening, Some might pop by wednesday or next weekend. I wanna get a picture of the main group in the center path once their petals start dropping. Last time there was a good bloom it covered all the ground in pink.
>>
File: P4301228-2048px.jpg (493KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
P4301228-2048px.jpg
493KB, 2048x1536px
>>9457655
>>
File: P4301241-2048px.jpg (2MB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
P4301241-2048px.jpg
2MB, 1536x2048px
>>9457658
>>
File: P4301242-2048px.jpg (2MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
P4301242-2048px.jpg
2MB, 2048x1536px
>>9457662
>>
File: P4301255-2048px.jpg (2MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
P4301255-2048px.jpg
2MB, 2048x1536px
>>9457663
>>
File: P4301262-2048px.jpg (824KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
P4301262-2048px.jpg
824KB, 2048x1536px
>>9457664
>>
File: P4301254-2048px.jpg (824KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
P4301254-2048px.jpg
824KB, 2048x1536px
>>9457666
>>
>>9454851
Nothing, really. Every con has something special (hopefully) so I wouldn't really generalize it by country. That's a bit too high-level. Learn about the cons individually. Some are standard like Anime North and Otakuthon (has problems but is mostly a good time), some are fucking DO NOT WANT like Kitchener Comic Con or FanWorld Niagara (srsly, avoid), some are niche but well-run like ConBravo or the now sadly gone Con-G and APop, and some are boring corporate shows like FanExpo (I realize I'm only speaking to Ontario here)

Mostly the same as in the USA, but with occasionally more Canadian content like Reboot. Shows from the 90s also hang on longer b/c we didn't have Cartoon Network so YTV reruns were big.

>Is there any etiquette rule I should remember?
"No worries" has become standard for "no problem" if you're in Toronto/Montreal/etc.

>How are panels there?
Depends on the con.

>Are cons in Canada like the ones in the US
Mostly, yeah. Smaller pop means our cons are smaller in scale, but we still get some whoppers. AN is 35k on paper but more like 60k show up and party.

Almost everyone speaks English. Quebec City might give you some trouble as well, but it's not nearly as bad as you might think esp if you say you're an American.

Depends on you. We're as friendly as any population but you gotta reach out. Go to meetups, group photoshoots, etc.

Always ask, don't do creepshots or say creepy things, and don't act like an entitled asshole if they say no.
>>
File: Capture.png (13KB, 465x92px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
13KB, 465x92px
So update on Cosplay Matsuri, looks like it's gonna be completely separate from the Science Center itself, which explains both why they're even being allowed after everything with APop last year, and how they're able to charge such low ticket prices. A little disappointed, and curious as to which areas we do get then, if the entire museum is off-limits...They seem to have confirmed an AA section of some sort too, so hopefully they actually have room for the stuff they're promising?
>>
>>9457764
also them not realizing that Science starts with an S is a little worrying but hey
>>
>>9457764
>>9457769
It's just Unplugged running this, guys. It's like Shogatsu: Chaired by some mook, run by Unplugged. It's going to be garbage.
>>
>>9457829
speaking of Unplugged, did you guys see it's been cancelled for 2017?
>>
>>9457829
yeah but it's $15, pretty conveniently timed and only 15-20mins from my place so I'm honestly probably gonna go anyways
>>
File: sketchass.jpg (31KB, 316x246px) Image search: [Google]
sketchass.jpg
31KB, 316x246px
>>9457334
>>9457336
Seconding this and it's about a 15 minute walk away from the middle of downtown so almost everything interesting is easy access.

>>9457829
>>9457839
I had this guy telling me about how he was one of the organizers for these events. He was boasting about getting the Matsuri in the science center, and told me that Unplugged was cancelled.
What other cosplayers here has he messaged? I know I'm not the only one, offering free websites and prints and shit. Doesn't have a real name, doesn't show his face and gives off a feeling he thinks he's way more important than he really is. Pic related his FB bio.
>>
>>9457655
>>9457658
>>9457662
>>9457663
>>9457664
>>9457666
>>9457667
Great shots anon!
>>
>>9458168
Aww shucks, thanks! I got some of high Park too if you want more of those.
>>
>>9457334
You definitely missed out last year. Me and a bunch of seagulls ran into Back On as we were leaving the hotel to go to the bar. I recognized them and grabbed a cute female anon as my wingman and managed to convince them to join us using my broken Japanese. We had a blast that night playing video games and drinking booze with the band.
>>
>>9458757
I'm still jelly.
>tfw have never run into any con guests ever
>didn't even make the autograph session cutoffs
>>
File: 1411068639315s.jpg (4KB, 125x123px) Image search: [Google]
1411068639315s.jpg
4KB, 125x123px
>>9458757
Are you fucking kidding. Im like 300% more upset now
>>
>>9459295
> Are you fucking kidding.

Nope, it really did happen. I posted about it in the original Otakuthon thread, and you can see other seagulls commenting about that night in the archive.

https://yuki.la/cgl/9081400
>>
is there gonna be a meetup in may or are meetups postponed til june? I haven't gone before and am interested in making friends but sadly am out of town during anime north.
>>
>>9432485

Is anyone familiar with Ad Astra, graphic-con or any of the comic-cons in Ontario? What are they like?

Aaand I need to find a better website, because the one I have bookmarked doesn't list half of these.
>>
>>9460342
Ad astra as far as i know is a tiny little lit-centric thing up in Richmond Hilll (ttc inaccessible unless you take viva buses and/or yrt) with local genre authors as guests of honor and a bunch of book readings/releases. By their own estimates, about 800 attendees over the course of the weekend. I think they have a steampunk cafe or something for charity but that's about it otherwise for the most part?
>>
>>9460311
The meetup was postponed until after AN because of schedules not lining up, but at least a couple of us will be at the Next Music from Tokyo concerts the week before AN. Maybe we could do a small meet before the show and then head over to it?
>>
http://www.sakurainhighpark.com/sakura-watch-may-2-2017-cherry-blossoms-fall-throughout-high-park/
Today is last chance for flower viewing before the storms on Thursday and Friday.
>>
>>9458393
Yes please, I'd love to see them!
>>
>>9458393
>>9461375
seconding!
>>
File: P4291168-2048px.jpg (1MB, 2048x1954px) Image search: [Google]
P4291168-2048px.jpg
1MB, 2048x1954px
>>9461375
>>9461581
>tfw truffle-senpai notices you

There wasn't much light left when I got there so I tried to go for a lo-fi look.
>>
File: P4291173-2048px.jpg (1MB, 2048x1452px) Image search: [Google]
P4291173-2048px.jpg
1MB, 2048x1452px
>>9462003
>>
File: P4291175-2048px.jpg (857KB, 1879x2048px) Image search: [Google]
P4291175-2048px.jpg
857KB, 1879x2048px
>>9462010
>>
File: P4291180-2048px.jpg (716KB, 2048x1304px) Image search: [Google]
P4291180-2048px.jpg
716KB, 2048x1304px
>>9462014
>>
File: P4291194-2048px.jpg (2MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
P4291194-2048px.jpg
2MB, 2048x1536px
>>9462020
This one got me a little mad. DON'T CLIMB THE DAMN TREES.
>>
File: P4291215-2048px.jpg (2MB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
P4291215-2048px.jpg
2MB, 1536x2048px
>>9462026
I loved how the fallen petals reflected a ton like little beacons.
>>
File: P4291218-2048px.jpg (1MB, 2048x1783px) Image search: [Google]
P4291218-2048px.jpg
1MB, 2048x1783px
>>9462035
Playing with long exposure. Next time I'll bring a tripod and do some light painting with a flashlight.
>>
File: P5031287-2048px.jpg (894KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
P5031287-2048px.jpg
894KB, 2048x1536px
>>9462041
Just a couple from Kariya today. The center group is still not blooming yet, probably from the rain. They don't look too damaged so hopefully they will still open by the weekend.
>>
File: P5031295-2048px.jpg (738KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
P5031295-2048px.jpg
738KB, 2048x1536px
>>9462085
>>
File: P5031299-2048px.jpg (784KB, 1496x1536px) Image search: [Google]
P5031299-2048px.jpg
784KB, 1496x1536px
>>9462092
>>
File: P5031305-2048px.jpg (718KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
P5031305-2048px.jpg
718KB, 2048x1536px
>>9462096
>>
>>9458894
tfw meet back-on around midnight 1 am Saturday after getting boba downtown
>don't know what to do, friend just runs up to them autistically
>mc grabs friend's props sword and starts swinging it around
>He tries to tell me he's looking for a bar
>English isn't good at all and I don't know nip
>starts pointing randomly and say over tbere
>ask for a picture
>get group picture
god bless.
>>
File: IMG_1631.jpg (157KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1631.jpg
157KB, 2048x1152px
>>9462699
forgot pic
>>
for any weebs who love uncle tetsu's
http://www.blogto.com/eat_drink/2017/05/toronto-getting-uncle-tetsu-doughnut-cone/
>>
So happy I live in ontario and can go to a bunch of these conventions...
I didn't see Fan EXPO in toronto on the list though...
>>
>Volunteer at Anime North
>Meet a cool bro, we got along pretty well while working the entrance/registration desk.
>Add them on facebook once its over
>They block me instead of accepting it.

N-nice to meet you too I guess.
>>
>>9460342
TCAF's the only really good comic game in town. It's later this month.

If you like webcomics and animation, go out to ConBravo in July. It's like an hour outside of TO in Hamilton and has a lot of panels and great artists.
>>
>>9460342
Graphic-con is run by the public library. It's a really piss-poor excuse for a con. It's a glorified vendors hall. They haven't expanded or actually built anything, but their advertising of it.

They moved to an arena last year and had no place to put the handful of panels so they put it in the horrible sounding arena. The photo show the entire con......THAT WAS IT.

I dont expect big guest or any comic-con level shit, but is it really that much to ask for some photoshoot, panel rooms and I dunno some sort of thing that looks like a con.
>>
>>9460342
I'm the OP of previous thread before this one, the list here is mostly from animecons.ca with some Toronto local events added because that's where I am and some google searches for "convention [province/city name]". It's probably missing a ton of comic cons, gaming cons, and smaller anime cons. Hey if you know an event that's not on the list, go ahead and link it here or post it to animecons.ca!
>>
>>9460311
>>9460496
>the Next Music from Tokyo concerts the week before AN. Maybe we could do a small meet before the show and then head over to it?

Great idea anon. We could do a meetup for the Saturday show. The show is located at Lee's Palace near Bathurst and Bloor and starts at 9:00pm but doors open at 8:00pm.

We can either meet before the show, have dinner and go to the show together or just straight meetup at the show.

http://www.leespalace.com/event/1452201-next-music-from-tokyo-vol-10-toronto/
>>
>>9465797
I would be down for that. If we want to do dinner we could meet at 6 or 7. There's a ton of variety nearby to choose from like Mr. Tonkatsu or Crepes a Go Go.

For something light we could meet at the Taiyaki place and eat them on the walk to Lee's.
>>
>>9463311
that's bc it's only may anon, if we listed events all the way up to september the OP would be seven pages long
>>
Any good drama lately ?
>>
File: ticket.jpg (528KB, 1102x1469px) Image search: [Google]
ticket.jpg
528KB, 1102x1469px
Fyi for those interested in buying tickets for the show, you can grab them at Soundscape (west of College and Bathurst).

>>9466159
If we're aiming for something lighter, I'd like to try something a bit different. There's a shop nearby that sells Korean Walnut Cakes that really delicious.

http://hodokwaja.ca/menu/
https://www.instagram.com/HodoKwaja/
>>
>>9466709
Cosplay Matsuri inviting someone who body shames and bullies others
>>
>>9457901
Just another low life mook trying to cash in on the convention bubble before it pops. These types have to be stopped
>>
>>9457029
FanExpo in Toronto was supposed to be his final Canadian con. Guess Informa/Hobbystar is draining him of the last of his life
>>
>>9467374
That sounds like a great guest!
>>
>>9467643
Far from it. She should be avoided at all costs, yet people believe her bs
>>
>>9467943
>what is sarcasm!
>>
>>9467943
I got it as that, was just saying
>>
>>9466709
Unless you count the Novii thing from a month ago not really.

Did he ever do an apology or did he just get tarred, feathered, and ran out of town?
>>
>>9468239
Currently there is no big drama, just small spats here and there
>>
The only thing I heard of lately is the acid rain/mz Hyde furry thing haha which to me is pretty funny
>>
Whats the story of the cosplay matsuri/fan expo thing? I hadn't heard of that.
>>
>>9466709
Maybe it time to start some?

>>9467374
Maybe if who ever got body shamed was cosplaying their own body type than they wouldn't of got body shamed in the first place.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (32KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
32KB, 480x360px
>>9468831
Also this bait doesn't really work all that well considering im still kind fat and mainly only cosplay cute little anime girls.

Oh well, at least I tried.
>>
Anyone got any dirt to share hahahaha
>>
>>9469048
>>9466709
kek the canadian drama thirst is incredible
>>
>>9469048
Other then novii, seems it gone dry.
>>
>>9469376

we got none compared to texas, las vegas, florida and california
>>
>>9468387
anything you've heard? anyone shitty to look out for?
>>
>>9470514
Frankly, I like it just fine that way. If only we could just dial back the PC culture a tad...
>>
File: received_10155344340273885.jpg (103KB, 1080x1036px) Image search: [Google]
received_10155344340273885.jpg
103KB, 1080x1036px
Here I got some dirt
>>
File: received_10155344338138885.jpg (186KB, 1080x1368px) Image search: [Google]
received_10155344338138885.jpg
186KB, 1080x1368px
>>9471029
>>
>>9471032
I have no idea who the photographer in the screenshot is though
>>
File: _20170510_021935.jpg (296KB, 1080x1505px) Image search: [Google]
_20170510_021935.jpg
296KB, 1080x1505px
Also am I the only one who thinks this dress is hideous? You'd have to pay me to wear this...
>>
File: FB_IMG_1494397196749.jpg (54KB, 466x778px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1494397196749.jpg
54KB, 466x778px
>>9471050
>>
>>9471050
The back part with noface is all right but the rest is a hot mess. Like wearing a children's bedsheet. Colors are far too faded and muddy.
>>
>>9471037
He's the one who tried to get a girl to send him nude "reference photos" of her standing straight from four sides. FYI, it's now a porn subgenre. See thread/17464706 on /s/.
>>
>>9471050
Nah, I saw it in person the other year. cute concept but extremely underwhelming execution Everything is blurry and nothing "flows" well if that makes sense? If the characters were at least interacting like pic related it could be so cute.
>>
>>9467346
>>9465797

Is there any more interest for this? Maybe anon from >>9460311?
>>
are there any lolitas here in the tri-city area? (kitchener/waterloo/cambridge)?
i'm doing a meet for ILD in waterloo but the kw comm has been really dead for the past year or so and i really want to start up again.
drop email if interested please!
>>
Update on Kariya park if anyone cares: The main trees are about 50% bloomed, 50% buds. There was some movie filming in the park last afternoon so I couldn't get very good photos.
>>
>>9473790
this was yesterday, btw
>>
Hey anons,
Could anyone give me a rundown on yeticon? (things to do, etc.) My only other con experience was apop two years ago.
>>
>>9474689
I might be wrong but wasnt last year yeticon's first year? And wasn't it like really bad?
>>
>>9474701
Last year was first year yes, but I've only heard good things about it. As a con it's mediocre but no actually goes to do con things you're at a water park resort it's like a giant weaboo vacation. You go to drink and party with friends like Colossal
>>
>>9473790
>>9473794
thanks! gonna go take a walk there with my friend tomorrow if its not rainy. didn't think it'd still be up
>>
>>9472226
I'm anon from>>9460311
Sadly I'm out of town from the 19th on til june
>>
There's some drama going on with "the lauryn show" she's always starting shit with people, it's funny too since she's always advocating anti bullying but is constantly bullying people.
>>
>>9475410
>Forecast just got upgraded to mostly sunny tomorrow.
Tfw it's gonna be gorgeous but jam packed for mother's day.
>>
>>9471029
Nice. I only come to /cgl/ for drama, it's pretty interesting.
/blog
>>
File: MYXJ_20170513192727_save.jpg (4MB, 1440x1920px) Image search: [Google]
MYXJ_20170513192727_save.jpg
4MB, 1440x1920px
>>9476674
>>9473790

>>9475410 here, i went again today!
it was really empty today luckily, was really to look around and take pictures! plus it was super sunny and pleasantly warm in the afternoon. would've been better to take your mom today if you wanted to go for mothers day haha, can't imagine how crowded it will be tomorrow.
thanks again for the update kariya anon!
>>
File: P5131452 2048px.jpg (2MB, 2048x1537px) Image search: [Google]
P5131452 2048px.jpg
2MB, 2048x1537px
>>9476841
Hey, I went on Saturday too! I was doing errands nearby and I just managed to catch the last bit of daylight. Sadly going to be working Sunday afternoon.
>>
Am I living on the wrong coast? Does anything ever go on in Vancouver or the Lower Mainland in general?
>>
>>9478662
Are you talking about con-wise? I find the mini events are worth going to, like SFU Summer Fest for AA and games (raffle prizes), and MiniComi for just AA.

Everything else has been a weird mishmash - AE is at a loss, AR is at a high price; neither are great. If you have to check out one of the cons, I'd recommend going one day at AR, like Saturday, unless you see some guest you want to check out on some other day.

Better save your money for Sakura Con, I hear. Or else go to the east coast, sounds like rad times over there.
>>
>>9478690
Con wise or even just anime related events. Looking through this thread it seems like the GTA has a lot of stuff going on but that could just be that there are a lot more eat coasters in this thread.

I volunteered at AR twice because the tickets are so expensive and the con is not worth the money.

Sakura con is in Seattle right? I don't go over the border ever but in the case of an anime con I totally would if I had people to go with me. I think my biggest problem is a lack of friends into anime this much or lack of groin general.
>>
>>9478726
Lack of friends in general. I don't even know how autocorrect got that.
>>
File: tokyonext.jpg (141KB, 640x362px) Image search: [Google]
tokyonext.jpg
141KB, 640x362px
>>9472226
It's fine, don't worry about it. I wasn't expecting much interest for a meetup seeing how it is a week before AN and people are probably busy with cosplays, artist alley, etc.

We'll just meetup in front of Hodo Kwaja at 7:30pm, grab some Korean Walnut cakes and make our way to Lee Palace for anyone who's interested in joining us. Both Hodo Kwaja and Lee Palace are located near Bathurst and Bloor.

http://hodokwaja.ca/
http://www.nextmusicfromtokyo.com/
>>
So am I the only one who is more excited for yeti con and Conbravo rather than An?
>>
>>9471050
>>9471054
I don't know anything about cosplay and fashion since I'm a guy but I like it...
>>
>>9432485
Does anyone want to go to Otafest with me!?

Last year I went alone and I ended up hiding in the washroom half of the time there because I was self conscious about roaming alone.
>>
>>9482427
yeticon, yes, conbravo i dont care for.
>>
>>9483063
I know that feel at smaller cons. I would go with you if I was there anon.
>>
>>9483063
Don't let what other people think of you ruin your experience. No one really cares if you go alone. They have other stuff to worry about. Also I go alone all the time and I don't give a shit what other people think of me.
>>
>>9482427
I might go to conbravo on the Saturday mainly for the gaming.
>>
>>9483063
I'll be at Otafest but probably hanging out with people. I'm sure you could tag along though.
>>
File: thumbs.jpg (21KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
thumbs.jpg
21KB, 400x400px
>>9482427
I'm always excited for CB
>>
>>9480016
sounds like a plan
>>
The Friday nfmt show was amazing. Gonna be even wilder at the bigger venue tomorrow. Nice to see you there too bike anon.
>>
What happened to Apop? The last thing I remember is them trying to take a year off and come back this year, but......
>>
>>9467374
Nice try but I was cleared of all accusations. Turns out the accuser mistook me for someone else.
>>
I don't come here too often so I just found out about yeticon.
>Anime con at a holiday resort
Holy shit, I never would have thought about mixing those two but that sounds like a blast. Too bad I'm all the way in Alberta.
>>
File: tumblr_ofqswomhIH1tp5yuio1_500.png (357KB, 440x640px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ofqswomhIH1tp5yuio1_500.png
357KB, 440x640px
>>9483485
I feel like im one of the only gulls to be excited conbravo. Sure its a bit smaller but I have yet to have any bad incidents their yet.

>>9486643
There is also colossalcon in the states that does the same thing. Yeticon is only on its second year but I have a lot of confidence that it will become one of canadas top cons.

Speaking of yeticon, is anyone cosplaying fromkeijo?
>>
>>9486286
literally nobody knows, they just went completely awol since January
>>
>>9487239
Conbravo looks pretty fun but without a car I'm not sure how tricky it'd be to get there from Toronto, so I've never looked too deeply into it. I know they have express GO buses to Hamilton but does anyone know how long of a trip that actually is? Cant seem to find the info anywhere except for departure times/prices
>>
>>9487329
The GO schedules don't go that far ahead but you can get an idea by looking at the previews week's schedule. The main service I see is GO train to Aldershot then transfer to bus until Hamilton GO centre. About 90 minutes total.

http://www.gotransit.com/timetables/en/schedules/schedules_window.aspx?tableid=10&dir=E&date=2017-06-16&parentid=1

http://www.gotransit.com/timetables/en/schedules/schedules_window.aspx?tableid=01&dir=E&date=2017-06-16&parentid=1
>>
>>9487372
Put wrong links.
http://www.gotransit.com/timetables/en/schedules/schedules_window.aspx?tableid=10&dir=W&date=2017-06-16&parentid=1

http://www.gotransit.com/timetables/en/schedules/schedules_window.aspx?tableid=10&dir=E&date=2017-06-18&parentid=1
>>
>>9487329
The go bus usually come every 20-30 minutes and the length of the ride is usually 45-75 minutes depending on traffic (usually longer on the way to toronto if you are leaving around rush hour). The con is only a 2 minute walk from the go station in hamilton.

I wouldn't recommend taking the train as you are still going take a bus between aldershot and hamilton.
>>
>>9487372
>>9487390
Really? Oh my god that's less time than it takes to get to campus in the morning most days I'm so sold
Gotta be sure of my schedule first and check if SO/friends want to come with but otherwise I am definitely making plans to go now
>>
>>9487444
I take the 47 GO bus from York University with no transfers on the Thurs before the con and if you get off at the city hall (Summer's Lane) it's a 5 min walk to the Sheraton right beside the con center. I think it's about an hour and 20 to get there. Highly recommend.
>>
>>9487820
Unfortunately I'm way out in scarbs so half the time it takes me almost an hour and a half to get to York in the first place, so I feel like the ones from union might cut off a lot of time for me, but thanks for the heads up! I'll definitely look into it and see how timing/ convenience matches up over all

Also for hotels, does anyone know what's up with the Crowne Plaza, did it shut down? Get a name change? It's listed on the con hotels page with a group code but doesnt seem to exist at all when I try to check their rates.
>>
>>9488117
Ah nevermind, I've managed to find out; seems like it's called the Hamilton Plaza Hotel and Conference Center now and doesn't seem to have anything to do with the ihg hotels at all anymore? The old page just redirects to the ihg homepage and the only way I was able to find the new one was through a note on the updated Tripadvisor page, then searching their Facebook page and then finding the website link there. Plus they don't even list the room prices online anymore unless you send a reservation request? Seems pretty sketchy to me in all honesty, thinking I'm gonna stick with the Sheraton or Homewood
>>
File: Screenshot_20170523-090636~2.png (156KB, 1080x972px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170523-090636~2.png
156KB, 1080x972px
What's the worst thing that could actually happen?
>>
>>9489669
>when you position your convention to appeal to the high school age crowd.png

Conservative is not Consent!
>>
File: IMAX levels of projection.png (5KB, 487x72px) Image search: [Google]
IMAX levels of projection.png
5KB, 487x72px
>>
>>9488619
>https://www.ihg.com/crowneplaza/hotels/us/en/toronto/yyzca/hoteldetail
Seems okay to me?
>>
>>9489690
that's the Crowne Plaza by AN in Toronto, not the ConBravo one in Hamilton
>>
>>9489762
Ah, I misread the reply chain. Sorry.
>>
File: 1459255053378.gif (130KB, 200x140px) Image search: [Google]
1459255053378.gif
130KB, 200x140px
>>9489677
They're people just like any other person, if you give them weird looks or smile creepily then they're gonna be creeped out. If you ignore them they'll probably ignore you too. jfc, it's like these morons think they're not human.
>>
>>9488619
Huh, I'll update the website and get a new reservation link from them. They just changed ownership, so I'm guessing that's what happened there.
>>
>>9487319
Dead. I talked to Elliott the con chair awhile back and he's not interested in running it again. Staff were assholes.
>>
>>9491764
Ah okay good to know! I already booked the Homewood but I'm glad it's just something as simple as a recent owner change and hopefully sitewise it's just that they're still in the transition stages
>>
>>9491767
i just wish they wouldnt have kept everyone hanging on for so long though, like even by january things were still getting hyped up and then poof, nothing ever again except word through the grapevine on cgl? even a "we're not doing it ever again lol bye" would have been better than nothing
>>
>>9491788
It's cuz Diana's a bitch and tries to control everything. Everyones scared AF and doesnt know fuck all about whats going on and Elliot is doing more important shit with his life
>>
File: 58432-sm.jpg (17KB, 211x255px) Image search: [Google]
58432-sm.jpg
17KB, 211x255px
>>9491815
>>
>>9489677
>SJWs preaching kindness.
Kek
>>
File: persona 5 2.jpg (48KB, 768x960px) Image search: [Google]
persona 5 2.jpg
48KB, 768x960px
I went to Nishikaze and everyone thought I was cosplaying Sherlock because I wore a coat and scarf.

Probably going to wear this to otafest, dunno how that will go
>>
http://animethon.org/?teddyloid
Fuck yeah, now I have to go to Animethon.
>>
Is it too early to make a Montreal Comic Con/Otakuthon general thread?
>>
>>9492380
Looks nice, anon. Did you make the uniform yourself?
>>
Got in super late, is the Meetup still happening?
>>
File: IMG_-90kv3k.jpg (728KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_-90kv3k.jpg
728KB, 1600x1200px
Where the dank room at we got niggas ready to smoke crack on s moments notice
>>
does anybody know the name of that goth shop that goes to every con in southern ontario?
>>
>>9494870
I didn't make the jacket myself, but I did make the pants because every set of P5 pants I could find online looked fucking horrendous.

I dont have a full body mirror though so I don't have a picture. They turned out nice but kind of baggy.

I just like cosplaying him because I can use my real hair.
>>
How is Otakuthon? I'm only going this year because of IA.
>>
>>9496645
Never had the chance to go but I've heard mostly pretty great things about it
>>
Never been to a con before even though I live in Montreal. Looking for a con buddy for either Comic Con or Otakuthon. I'd be interested in helping out with making props and maybe you could help me find a cosplay that suits me.
>>
>>9496645
>>9497450
>>9497477
I live in montreal and personally had bad experiences at Otakuthon but that's probably due to Comic Con setting the bar high for me
>>
>>9496645
Otakuthon was pretty good every time I went.
>>
I'll be going to conbravo for the first time this year and idk what to expect. Anyone have any good or bad experiences to share about this con?
>>
>>9499251
>Hanging out in the game room as bearded homura
>Jontron decides to have a brawl tournment because fuck it
>I join because I have the chance to play against jontron
>I get to a match that is being streamed and jon is one of the commentators
>Idk what was said but I hear him refer to me as looking like a 420 jesus
>lose the match and don't get to play against him
>Still came in the top eight despite not ever playing smash competitively and also got referred to as 420 jesus
All in all it was a good time.
>>
Have any of you ever heard of Funday Fanfest? I just heard about it but can't seem to find any information on it that has to do with previous year events. Is it a first year con? I just wanted a heads up since badges seem a little steep if it's a first year gig...
>>
Is APOP officially dead permanently?
>>
Which one is better/comfier, Otakuthon or Conbravo?
>>
page 10 new thread when?
>>
>>9500107
Otakuthon

>>9497499
Comic con is always such a bore to me. I just go for the industry guests, but for cosplay and events, Otakuthon beats them by far.
>>
At AN someone offered me their room for Yeti Con. Is it worth it?
Thread posts: 325
Thread images: 75

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.