[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Sac Anime >Anime I've never seen a con so lopsided

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

>Sac Anime
>Anime

I've never seen a con so lopsided in terms of guest quality vs rest of venue and events
>>
They've been like this for a while.

On another note, I hope he does a dj set. He does shows in SF pretty often.
>>
>>9432471
>hodor hodor hodor hodor
>hodor hodor HODHodor hodor
>>
>>9432426
sacanime is honestly the worst con ive ever been to
>>
>>9433802
Sacanime is basically Fanime but with less people. Guests are random and probably not what you're there for. Decent surroundings to take photos at.

Yeah I fucking went there.
>>
A friend goes to school in Sacramento. So a group of us decided to take a road trip to sac to enjoy sacanime. We should've just went to Anime California instead. The con was shit.
But, I met a few cool people. Still was no way in hell worth the drive.
>>
>>9433805
Sac anime has better guests, better ran and has way better communication than fanime.

It's a stronger con overall but its the attendees dragging down
>>
>>9432426
They said about 3 years ago the reason they get so many normie actors is to drag in normies because the anime scene for sac is too small to pay for the convention center and the douche in charge isn't willing to admit that it should of stayed at the old hotel and maybe required portfolios for artist alley and shit.
God I miss the old hotel with pool and hot tub parties, being able to get drunk in the room and walk only about 2000 ft to go to the rave which didn't suck as bad as it has last 4 cons.

>>9434064
agreed. We pull in decent guests, and have had a huge jump in panel quality in the last yr and a half. It's just a bunch of parents throw their 16 yr olds at the door and let them run wild all weekend. Security is always uninformed, and every single masquerade is ran differently. Last summer's was run fairly well even if the bitch in charge was a cunt to everyone who wanted to ask a question or point out something was wrong.
>>
>>9433805
surroundings of course are great downtown is pretty decent especially with the church just down the block

>>9434064
this is what brings it down for me out of everything

>>9435985
seriously, the hotel was always lit
>>
>>9435985
>God I miss the old hotel with pool and hot tub parties, being able to get drunk in the room and walk only about 2000 ft to go to the rave which didn't suck as bad as it has last 4 cons.

You know what I don't miss? The lack of indoor space.

The old hotel you were at the mercy of the sun and the other elements and anywhere indoors was filled to the brim with people. There's more places to sit, cool off and go to the side to relax.
>>
>>9435985
To be fair, the artist alley is probably one of the most well-run parts of the convention, if not one of the best-run AA's I've experienced. It's a dramatic turnaround from the absolutely clusterfuck the AA used to be. I think it helps that the AA heads are veterans themselves.

I always thought the quality was average, but not hopelessly shitty, and it's certainly a step up from what it used to be. Making it a juried con would be pointless.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.