[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BTSSB PARIS is Closing?!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 2

File: 13July_BTSSB_Paris_01.jpg (299KB, 600x377px) Image search: [Google]
13July_BTSSB_Paris_01.jpg
299KB, 600x377px
http://babyparis.blog99.fc2.com/

First GLB, now this?? I can't believe Baby the Stars Shine Bright Paris Location is closing. This is very sad news to me and I am now worried that lolita fashion is officially struggling to survive. What should we do to keep it alive? Do you have any thoughts/feelings about the Paris Flagship store closing?
>>
>>9432310
It's closing because they picked a stupidly expensive location.
>>
>>9432310
we've known this for a long time, are you seriously just now hearing about this? anyway, stop being so self-centered. the closing of a single shop in an expensive location doesn't say anything about the longevity of the fashion, lmao. have you even stopped to consider how many baby locations are in japan?
>>
>>9432321

>This is very sad news to me and I am now worried.
>Do you have any thoughts/feelings about the Paris Flagship store closing?

"stop being so self-centered"

lol really?
>>
>>9432310
>All this constant fear-mongering about lolita fashion dying.
IT. IS NOT. FUCKING. DYING. We've been over this an endless amount of times.
Print publications everywhere have been dying due to the rise of internet publication, it's not a GLB exclusive thing. If you didn't know this you've been living under a rock for idk the past 20+ years of advancements in technology??
Brand stores have closed every so often over the years, too, and they're still doing fine. There's still multiple stores available for the biggest brands.
>>
I doubt lolita is dying as a whole but I do suspect that the original brands in Japan are on the decline. They may not be as strong as they once were but they aren't dying. yet.
>>
By european culture
>>
>>9432349
Nayrt but yes really. The OP sounds hysterical. "What can we do to keep it alive" - I dunno, what we've been doing? Buy shit? If ONE location (not even in Japan) isn't doing well, that's hardly an indication of the state of the fashion as a whole.

GLB and Baby Paris closing are just signs of the times. Everyone has the internet at their fingertips 24/7 and can buy whatever they want, whenever they want, they can look at street snaps and read blogs whenever they want.
>>
>>9432365
Yeah I'm amazed that people complain about physical stores closing when they themselves do their shopping online. It's the era of ecommerce.
>>
>>9432349
boohoo, like i've said in another thread, if it mattered so much to people then they would have supported the store more. you don't know what you've got till it's gone.
>>
Well I mean the Innocent World Harajuku store is closing too.
>>
>>9432401

I didn't know that. It's not good news. When is it/did it close?
>>
>>9432310
AP Paris is doing fine imo. Baby brought it by themselves by not offering to ship in the Europe from the shop or atleast not promoting it. There is not enough customers locally. That's it.
>>
I bet these replica-buying landwhales are yelling cuz they wanna deny the fact that they ruined the fashion for everybody. Good job guys. Now ya wanna yell and say it not dying but yall are the ones who need to STFU
>>
>>9432413
proper english please?
>>
>>9432405

-----------------------------------------
Harajuku closed and final sale
Always Thank you for your patronage of the Innocent World Harajuku.
This time, we have decided to closed the Innocent World Harajuku on May 7, 2017 (Sun).
Thank you from your visit We heart from the open in 2005 a lot of our customers for 12 years.
Until closing will be To remain slightly but I would like to welcome you with all your staff one concentric until the close of business day.
It is also scheduled implementation of the final sale with feeling of gratitude.
We look forward to your visit of everyone.
原宿店閉店&ファイナルセールのお知らせ
いつもInnocent World 原宿店をご愛顧いただき誠にありがとうございます。
この度、2017年5月7日(日)をもちましてInnocent World 原宿店を閉店することとなりました。
2005年のオープンから12年間たくさんのお客様にご来店いただき心より感謝申し上げます。
閉店まで残りわずかとなりますが営業終了日までスタッフ一同心を込めて
お客様をお迎えしたいと思います。
また、感謝の気持ちを込めてファイナルセールを実施予定です。
皆様のご来店を心よりお待ちしております。
>>
>>9432413
More like they (and you) are all just idiots who can't grasp that these things happening aren't groundbreaking new indications that the fashion is "dying".
>>
>>9432401
This is hardly horrifying. They have 3 other physical shops.
>>
>>9432352
The hysterical levels of denial really is the best part though. Fashions change, fashions die, new fashions start. An expensive niche fashion that is a costume at best and only worn with regularity by a very small group of people? This isn't rocket science.

The fact that it looks stranger and stranger on you the older you get just makes the market smaller. It failed to expand beyond Japan and even there it wasn't exactly every day wear. People aged out, lost interest, and newer, young generations aren't interested. Happens all the time.
>>
>>9432310
I don't care if the fashion dies. Let it die. I'll just be all the more of a unique special snowflake for wearing it.
>>
>>9432310
Stop buying from taobao and buy from Baby Paris?
>>
>>9432556
Uh. Except it's been expanding like crazy, are you nuts? New? Trolling?

Brands are closing shops for various reasons. Internet shopping is more popular than ever, and on top of that there are more brands than ever. It's not just the handful that have spreads in GLB any more, now there are indie brands all over the world and China especially goes ballistic for new Japanese releases on top of having a flourishing indie market themselves.
>>
>>9432550
Innocent World picks shitty locations to be fair. If they were in Laforet or somewhere more visible they wouldn't have to shut a store down
>>
>>9432570
>Except it's been expanding like crazy?

That's the delusional levels of denial I've come here for.

Failed etsy stores and taobao stores are a dime a dozen and hardly indicative of an expanding market. What does it matter if some white girl in America figures out a circle skirt pattern and calls herself an ~~~indie brand~~~~~~ if less and less people are wearing the fashion, less people are buying the fashion, and more brands are spending less money on it. Make peace with it: Victorian Maiden, Mary Magdalene, Baby, Juliette et Justine, what few releases there are are remakes of old outfits. You don't just shut down, but they are slowly phasing out. Younger generations aren't interested in EGL, and the people that got into EGL and bought it to wear regularly are growing out of it. Otome, larme-kei, or they're just embracing regular fashion. The truth is no one actually wants to be that 45 year old woman wearing a Baby dress to Target and getting snickered at, online chest thumping aside. It's easy to say that's your life goal on the internet because momokoquote.jpg, but I'll never forget the look on the face of that one old Lolita in Orange County a few years back- she looked pissed, uncomfortable, and all around embarrassing.

Just as a fat chick looks stupid squeezed into a dress made for an Asian chick 1/18th her size, even classic Lolita starts looking costume-y after you pass your mid twenties. Thanks to online shopping, it's very easy to find alternatives to EGL that look better on someone past 25 while still having some of the same qualities that attracted us to EGL.

Make peace with it. Or don't. It's 12:57am and I'm bored, watching a bunch of people go into hysterics because they never understood the fact that fashions come and go is more interesting than a How It's Made rerun.
>>
>>9432592
No one is in hysterics here anon, you're the one who doesn't seem to have much of a grasp on how e-commerce has changed the fashion. There are new people getting into the fashion all the time, and some of them are older than 45. (I've met lolitas in their 50s and 60s, though they definitely tend to like MM and VM over Baby.)
>>
>>9432592
I mean you just sound salty. Probably because you have shitty genetics and aged like sour milk to the point that you don't look good even in classic post 25, but that's just a guess.

Not everyone looks like an old hag once they hit 25.
>>
>>9432592
Deets on the Orange County Lolita? I'd watch that programme.
>>
>>9432592
>Younger generations aren't interested in EGL
Actually they are, kind of. Tumblr at least, going by higher notes on posts, seems super interested in pastel sweet and OTT classic, probably because Tumblr newbies. But most of them are still kids or young adults in a struggling economy who don't know how to do shit, much less save for lolita. However give them some more time and even they can grow up and come into the fashion eventually, just like we did.
The average pastel-filled aesthetics blog almost undoubtedly has some AP in there somewhere, especially with the crossover interest from anime/manga/game fandoms.
There's also still China and Weibo to consider.
And yeah, you sound salty.
>>
>>9432412
Exactly. You can't rely on a physical store ONLY in a country where j-fashion is obviously not as developed as Japan and people aren't ready to drop 250€ for an unknown brand.

I'm not feeling sorry for them. They could have used the shop to target european lolitas but didn't want to pay for a french or english professional to handle their marketing, so serves them right.

Exactly the same happened to Axes Femme - Anecdote. What kind of idiot exports their shop in a totally different country and expect people to send a mail to the shop, wait for a business day answer with the shipping quote then pray the item is still available to finally confirm their order?
>>
Honeslty what is the worst thing that can happen, let's say all physical lolita stores in the world close and brands forclose. So what? Are you dependent on new releases or something?

The only thing that would upset me is if you wouldn't be able to buy stuff second-hand anymore and that is very unlikely. I have the dresses I have and I still have plenty more dresses to aquire (all 2015 or older) and so the fashion will always be available for me. Our dresses do not dissapear just because a shop dissapears. We can still wear the fashion as long as we want. Chill out.
>>
>>9432413
Replicas probably don't have as much effect on the sales these days (maybe back when buying brand was very expensive and hard to get items had plenty of replicas). These days most people who are serious about the fashion do tend to support the brands. The people buying replicas more often are people who either don't know better or aren't serious about it and just want a lolita outfit to wear to conventions.

Meanwhile non-lolita western shops and long-established retail chains and companies are dropping like flies because people prefer to purchase online rather than drive around from place to place. Newspapers have upping the size of print and lowering the amount of pages because people only buy them for coupons and use the paper for other purposes. This has been an ongoing trend for a long time.

Lolita is mostly an online thing for everyone except those who live close to the physical shops. Can't say I've ever stepped foot into a brand shop. While I'd love to, I tend to just order online. That's hardly enough to keep all the physical shops running. Plus the 2nd hand market is over-saturated. It's easier to find newer items on the 2nd hand market than it was years ago. Not all money is going directly to the brands.
>>
>>9432713
I think nowadays it's shoes, bags and other accessories more than dresses. No matter how shit you think brand quality is you shouldn't buy a replica. It's the same with dresses. Someone still designed those too. Lolita community should step up their game a bit on this.
>>
>>9432728
This reminds me of the teaparties vs rhs shoes i saw a while ago. While I'd prefer buying real teaparties I also buy bodyline rhs. Good or bad - not really sure?
>>
>>9432728
I have to lol at this because the AATP Cabriole shoes are almost a direct knock-off of the Fluevog Elizabeths. There's a reason some replicas are allowed, and it's because some designs are just too generic to consider property of one or another.
>>
>>9432741
Well, 'legit' rhs are Vivienne Westwoods, which really isn't justifiable for most people in terms of cost, so I'd say there's a pass on that.
>>
Keeping the thread kinda on topic, but there's a shop in Germany which opened last winter which is an official partner of baby and is selling their goods.
>>
>>9432894
This. It's been discussed over and over and yet people can't seem to understand that physical elements of fashion - yes, even your super unique high heel or super unique ruffled skirt - can't be copyrighted, and really shouldn't be able to. Fashion shapes are simply way too derivative. There's a limit to what you can do with a garment and still have it be wearable.
>>
>>9432592
Every year my comm gets flooded with young teens who are 'lolita at heart'

The younger generation ARE interested in it. Probably more so now than every before. Hell, I've met sixteen year olds who don't even like anime/weeby who want to wear the fashion.
>>
>>9432728
I wouldn't mind shelling out $100+ on shoes if the quality was there. They can manage with the dresses and sometimes bags, so why not shoes? I don't like spending so much on shoes that get easily scuffed if somebody steps on my toes at a train station.
>>
>>9432728
Shoes and bag replicas were a thing before print replicas became popular. And shoes and bags are a small part of the fashion.

Everyone here is trying to point fingers at everything except the reality- Lolita just is changing, isn't popular like it used to be, and is fading. It was never going to last forever.
>>
>>9432977
[citation needed]

But seriously the people here who are really insistent on "lolita dying" or "fading" haven't actually cited why they think this is so and have no argument for the conversations here which have cited a plethora of reasons for a couple stores closing and a print magazine ending production.

I don't know how long people have been into this fashion, but I've been obsessed for 10+ years. Over time it's just gotten easier and easier to get brand - and indie - and I still have to claw my way over hundreds of other lolitas to get a new AP release. I dunno, feels pretty popular to me.
>>
>>9432661
All of this. If anything, the secondhand market should continue expanding if people are supposedly jumping ship left and right.

Plus, what does it matter if the fashion is "dead" if people still have their meetups and communities and their wardrobes? Don't rely on the continued existence of a given brand to validate your fashion choices.
>>
>>9433053
A style will go stale if there are no new trends or pieces coming out. Even if you only wear second hand stuff or old school, those will get harder to buy if tomorrow there all no new lolita outfits being made.
>>
>>9433095
I seriously cannot imagine lolita "dying" for real with all these successful taobao brands.
>>
>>9432592
My comm has been steadily growing for the past few years with younger newbies starting out. Sure, it can die, but that's not the trend I'm seeing. AP and Baby are still selling out of items, its just that everything's online now
>>
>>9433095
By whose standards are you measuring this staleness against? I'm curious what you mean by "stale" because this fashion has never been in style in the first place.
>>
>>9433121
to be fair at least AP reduced their stock and even their cuts. The newer releases only have one JSK and one OP cut, maybe a skirt but mostly not even that. They didn't sell out once last year with their increased stock except for that misty sky rerelease.
>>
>>9432310
I'll go visit them this month one last time.
Sucks Paris is so far away and I only could go once
>>
>>9432379
Heh, first hand brand is too expensive especially Baby Paris. So it's normal they close. I mean 40€ for wristcuffs? Or plain high socks? No thank you. I have 90% brand in my closet but only secondhand.
Plus, they only catter to a very niche fashion.
>>
>>9433297
>they only cater to a niche fashion

B-but tumblr likes??
>>
>>9433303
No one ITT has claimed that lolita wasn't a niche fashion.
>>
>>9432661
>>9433053
This a hundred times.
I mean it would lack novelty if we didnt have any new things (brand or not) ever again but honestly I wouldnt care much.
Haven't truly loved an AP release or a BABY release since years now
>>
>>9432379
I think the problem is theres always been this percentage of people who've hated physical shopping, so online is an incredible relief to them - and companies feel the.. i don't know 20% drop in shop sales they lose to online, represents an argument to close the shops, which are a bigger fiscal drain than some wages slaves, a warehouse and couriers.

Ironically this ignores that there are plenty of people who prefer physical shopping and prefer to interact with products tactilely.

Sorry, just venting, i hate it when shops i like shut.
>>
I'm only sad about them closing because I've been there and it was a nice memory I have with my dad who has passed. I don't think this means anything bad about the fashion dying, imo.
Didn't the AP Paris shop close and recently reopen? Maybe that will happen with BTSSB if anything.
>>
>>9432379
Does Baby not ship from store? AP USA has their online store you can buy from.
>>
>>9433414
Yes, but they do not have an online shop. Just a blog that you can email order from.
>>
>>9432310
Didn't they close because they made like 30 euro a month? It wasn't really a baby owned store either... SF (which is the only baby "official store", others are partners/ concessions), NY and that other german baby partner shop are doing great, why is everybody panicking again?
>>
>>9433340
Oh ecommerce has a much bigger impact than 20%. Just think of all the times you've reserved something via an SS or bought something secondhand. Ecommerce is now a $1+ billion marketplace. It's just how retail has to work now. We're just going to see more and more physical stores closing.
>>
>>9432970
>I've met sixteen year olds who don't even like anime/weeby who want to wear the fashion.
I can't believe how long ago it is this used to be normal.. None of my old Lolita friends are weebs. If anything they hated anime and weebs because of how ita Lolita usually looks in anime.
>>
>>9432973
Your replica shoes don't get scuffed?
>>
>>9434293
Anon's point is that expensive and cheap shoes alike get scuffed, so they'd rather just get the shoes cheaper, but are willing to shell out more money for shoes that don't get scuffed.
>>
>>9433407
I don't know about it closing, but I can confirm AP still has a shop in Paris since I saw it just last week. It's not that far from Tulleries/Louvre.
>>
>>9432914
Do they ship to other countries?
>>
>>9434388
Lepen is an absolute imbecile.
Now get back to /pol/.
>>
>>9434343
Cheap shitty shoes will get you back issues at a later age tough
>>
File: CelesGun.jpg (83KB, 523x445px) Image search: [Google]
CelesGun.jpg
83KB, 523x445px
>>9434426
>Migrant spits on your lolita dress
you could have prevented this

that store is probally gonna get replaced with a kebab shop now
>>
>>9434386
>>9433407
The old AP store was owned by 2 french people and part of the shop Boddywood which closed in 2012 (I think), and then AP had only a Pop-up-store in summer each year until they reopened an own store last year.
>>
>>9432914
Maybe a little OT but do you know how much stuff the store in Germany has and what kind of prices? Unfortunately they don't have any information online
>>
>>9434625
It's a small selection of 2016 and newer stuff, I think they're working on stocking it up though.

The prices I think are not higher than 300$ a dress. I've been there once and there was no dress being more than that.
>>
>>9434430
And brand shoes are unfortunately cheap shitty shoes being sold for far more than they're worth.
>>
>>9434548
This actually happened to me few years back when I visited Sweden. It was red print, so of course it started bleeding from the spot...
>>
>>9435054
CANNOT MAKE THIS SHIT UP
>>
>>9434928
Thank you very much anon, sounds it's not so pricey like the Paris store
>>
>>9432379
It's hard not to do lolita shopping online. Most of us can't just fly over to japan or paris or san francisco to buy something....
>>
>>9432566
And no more dresses
>>
>>9433114
Taobao quality isn't the same. I would be so depressed if my only options were taobao from here to eternity. I'd probably quit.
>>
>>9435475
kek that wasn't the point at all anon. Also there are a few taobao brands that are easily on the same level as brand, so I dunno, I think you'd be fine as long as you close your eyes and pretend it's from Japan. Light a cherry blossom candle before you open your package, or something.
>>
>>9435482
lol actually all the brand I've bought from Japan smells like some wierd rose scented febreeze
>>
>>9435486
For some reason this is killing me, I can't stop laughing.

I've only bought AP and IW new but I don't recall a distinct smell on them. Now I'm curious, guess I gotta sniff my next purchase.
>>
>>9435486
Once I bought something from a famous lolita and when it arrived it smelled so so good. I couldn't stop sniffing it. I probably looked so creepy. I honestly wonder what fabric softener she used.
>>
>>9435486
Mine too! I think there is a common fabric freshener/parfum satchel or something.
>>
>>9435533
hahaha I think so too.
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.