[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who did it better? Anyone bought Simplicity's Pokemon Go

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8

File: 20rg9sv1.jpg (215KB, 1056x707px) Image search: [Google]
20rg9sv1.jpg
215KB, 1056x707px
Who did it better? Anyone bought Simplicity's Pokemon Go pattern yet to compare against McCall's (Yaya Han)?
>>
Have bought three yaya patterns and they all have absurd sizing and fit problems (way too big in the bust, short-waisted, abnormal waist/hip differences) so at a guess her Pokemon one is probably similar.
>>
>>9430953
>Simplicity has cosplay patterns
Anymore?
>>
>>9430953
Damn, Yaya dropped the fuckin ball on that one.
>>
>>9430960
Bought discounted yaya patterns from people complaining of this because they fit me perfectly. I think when she is corseted, we are probably about the same size. Sorry to all you regular shaped humans. :(
>>
>>9430960

Yeahhhhh, I'm a G with a tiny ribcage. On a good day I look like I've stuffed toddler skulls in my bra. Yaya, however, has me calculated out as like an A or something. Can't quite remember, it's been a while since I last used one. Her patterns are so borked.
>>
>>9430960
...how abnormal is this waist/hip difference and does she have any good trouser or pencil skirt patterns? My tits are small but I have a 65cm waist 100cm hip and altering regular trouser patterns to fit is a nightmare.
>>
File: 100501_SimplicityPattern.jpg (212KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
100501_SimplicityPattern.jpg
212KB, 1000x1000px
>>9430991
Simplicity also came out with this girls' school uniform blazer + skirt pattern where the model looks more and more uncomfortable in each photo. It looks like the pattern might be a premium with its non-4-digit numbering, so no buying it for cheap from JoAnn to test out for me.
>>
File: 1491780797988.gif (2MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
1491780797988.gif
2MB, 360x270px
>>9431367
>Mango Sirene
>>
>>9431408
I'm following her on YT to give me some cosplay inspo, and while she does some awkward stuff I wouldn't call her entirely cringeworthy. Anything I missed?
>>
>>9430953

The fuck? Is that meant to be an Eevee in Mango's? What's with the ridiculous ears and whiskers?
>>
>>9431251
Pencil skirts shouldn't be too hard to alter, just grade the line out?
>>
>>9431453
Or can't be an actual Eevee sure to copyright so they changed it some I'm sure
>>
>>9431367
considering the only way to make people to want to buy your patterns is with visuals of what they look like you would think that they would at least try to make the clothes look good
>>
>>9431454
I know, I'm just lazy. The only thing I really need is a trouser pattern for wide-set hips because that's something I genuinely cannot draft or alter myself. I've tried using a pattern for fat women and taking in the waist and thighs a bit but it ended up looking super awkward and being uncomfortable to wear.

pls respond
>>
>>9431473
You need to put in some big ass darts, I think. You might try joining the FB group Adult Garments- Fitting, Sewing, Tailoring. There's a lot of very knowledgeable people in there that ought to be able to give you a hand.
>>
>>9431476
Big-ass darts or big ass-darts? huehuehue
Thanks for the tip, anon. I usually try to figure shit out myself first but maybe it's time to ask for help.
>>
>>9431367
What is wrong with her face?
>>
>>9432408
over-shooping
>>
>>9431451
People here just have dumb vendettas about any cosplayer that's even semi-popular. It's pretty much expected at this point
>>
File: Mimikyu_anime.png (20KB, 189x245px) Image search: [Google]
Mimikyu_anime.png
20KB, 189x245px
>>9431451
>>9432676
All I know is that one time she threw a shitfit over someone "copying" her super generic Mimikyu gijinka design and wouldn't shut up about how hard it is to be ~original~, like turning pic related into a dress with a hoodie is so revolutionary that only she could possibly have come up with it. That was pretty cringeworthy.
>>
>>9430953
I smell a C&D coming soon. Pokemon Company is very strict on others making money off their brand and the simplicity one is far too exact. That's probably why Yaya's looks the way it is.

They went after a bunch of etsy sellers one year who were selling fan made items.
>>
File: 1482901992568.jpg (32KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1482901992568.jpg
32KB, 320x320px
>>9431451
eh she petty drama cunt. she rips off her dumb fans by selling a pdf of what she did to make a cosplay. like not tutorials or patterns but legit just i bought 2 yards of this fabric and dumb shit like that.
she has a lot of dumb drama around her and does basically what your average cosplay ho does. gets her rabid fanbase to attack people, be mean and bitchy to people that come up to her in public, accuse people are starting drama just to start shit, and has a crazy obsession with people thinking everybody is copying her.
usually i dont judge someone's hustle but damn she's a grade A bitch. theres more crap out there about her but thats the jist of it.
>>
>>9432918
This is basically the gist of what I've heard about her.
She constantly would complain on tumblr about people asking how she made her costumes because ya know it's really worth paying her $4-$10 for a costume write up if you only want to know what material she used for a cape or some shit.
She wreaks of superiority and seems to be on edge with anyone outside of her friend group IMO
>>
>>9433247
>>9432918
Damn. I was only bothered with her attitude towards costume as far as having a completely insane schedule and acting like it's at all a normal or healthy approach to cosplay.

But I only follow her on YT so IDK about her other stuff.
>>
>>9431453
That's so weird, the toy looks exactly like the Eevee from Build-a-Bear, except with whiskers and cat ears. Did they put the toy in the picture and then Photoshop it to not look like an Eeevee?
>>
>>9430953
Simplicity's is more accurate.
>>
File: mangosirene.jpg (538KB, 1113x950px) Image search: [Google]
mangosirene.jpg
538KB, 1113x950px
>>9431451
>ctrl+f colossalcon
>no results
Got a screencap from her post about Colossalcon. She ghosted the con and told people they could ghost the con too and still have access to all the fun events the con had scheduled. When Colossalcon staff asked her to support the con more, or at least not recommend ghosting to people since they're the ones that paid for all the extras, she flipped the fuck out and told them they should be ever so grateful she even bothered to talk about them because of how ~e-famous~ she is. It was an amazing show of entitlement and it's the first thing that pops into my head any time she's mentioned.
>>
>>9433330
What an entitled asshat.
>>
>>9432918
man, the only drama i know about regarding mango is the whole brownface/lance situation. ngl would be interested in more stories...

also does anyone know what happened between her and sharkbaroness? they were super close for like 2 years straight and suddenly they've got each other unfriended.
>>
>>9433361
Just look for her cow thread and you'll find all you need.

DESU in the patterns yaya Hans personal pokemon go outfit is really good. And the ones Kamui and others have made from the pattern look decent. I just think the brand used a crap picture for their cover.

Mango's eevee is a build a bear if you find the original photo before the company edited it for copyright. Also, the photoshop on her face is hilarious like if youre going to use a cosplayer who is known for being a major bitch on your brand at least make sure they look decent. Otherwise what do you even have going for you?

I really wonder how much of those two patterns she drafted or if she just altered existing stuff and claimed it as her own. If you look at her 'how to draft patterns' video it literally just talks about rulers and stuff with no actual instructions on how to draft. Same with her new 'dyeing fabric video'. Talks about all the different dyes but has no real step by steps on what to do.
>>
>>9433330
Wow, fuck her.
>>
>>9431451
Best part; she was hacked by the group "OurMine" Other bigger youtubers were also attacked recently.
>>
>>9430953

Yaya patterns are absolute shit. I got her glove and boot cover one and for the gloves, it was literally a traced hand. No gussets or anything. I could see how it would work with stretch fabric, but if that was the case, I could just trace my own god damn hand.

I've used her trench coat pattern for a Bloodborne hunter coat and I practically had to ignore the directions because everything had such an ass backwards method to it. I also think she doesn't know what interfacing is. On a few of her patterns, when listing supplies, 'craft foam' is listed for the interfacing.
>>
>>9433330
This was 2012, pretty sure she was still a teen back then. If she said this now it'd be shitty, but with my experience cosplayers don't grow out of their high school mentality until their early twenties so I'm not that bad imo
>>
>>9433330
>that comment
>"too broke for a badge LOL"
Then don't go, you entitled brat. If you're truly broke, you have better things to worry about.
>>
Sage for OT but holy shit, that photoshopped eevee plush in the left pic!

I work at Build a bear. That's definitely one of our eevee plushes that they photoshopped cat ears and whiskers onto (probably to avoid copywrite problems)

My fucking sides!
>>
>>9433516
Said traced hand also has like, inch-long fingers. Fuck that noise.
>>
>>9432889
Pokémon Company didn't make the game, they just licensed it. Technically the trainer designs are property of Niantic.
>>
>>9432693
I know she's had some drama but so has pretty much every other cosplayer that I've seen/follow. As far as most go, I think she's alright. She's done some shit but she's one of the few ~popular~ ones that I can tolerate that isn't always posting half-naked photos

>>9433330
>>9433527
Yeah, this was from five years ago. Not negating the fact that it's screwed up but I did some pretty shitty things myself five years ago so can't talk
>>
>>9433527
She was 20 at least, at the time.
>>
File: 1471256002083.gif (456KB, 160x159px) Image search: [Google]
1471256002083.gif
456KB, 160x159px
neither. pokemon go is shit
>>
>>9433496
That thread was a wild and entertaining ride. Thanks for the rec. I cringed when she showed up to defend herself
>>
>>9433945

Oh my god, this. I have fucking baby hands and somehow, her glove pattern was too small for me.
>>
>>9432918
Honestly, I liked her Batgirl and wanted to see how she did it, but not for $15
>>
>>9433330
This whole thing reads like someone who stole art and is now bitching that they shouldn't have to pay for art since they're giving the artist """"""exposure""""" and """"free advertising"""""
>>
>>9433330
She went to Colossal that next year though. She's featured prominently in acksonl's video for 2013. So clearly it didn't bother her that bad lol.
>>
>>9430960
>way too big in the bust

hahahahahahahahahahahahha
>>
>>9433330
Honestly, anyone willingly bickering with 4ng31 is going to come out looking stupid anyways. You can't fight stupid with stupid regarding a con that has so much potential, but is run by the dumbest trash asshats there are.
>>
>>9433969
The pattern design is still a direct rip off, but after reading about MS in this thread it doesn't seem surprising that she would just make money off of someone else's work.
>>
File: pokemontrainer-print.jpg (581KB, 667x1000px) Image search: [Google]
pokemontrainer-print.jpg
581KB, 667x1000px
Saved this image from yaya hans website. Even looking at the one Kamui made using Yaya's pattern as well its clear that mango just made a carbon copy of what already existed. I agree the chosen image for the trainer on mccalls may be pretty poor but its the same thing just months later on mangos part. next thing we know she'll be releasing a bodysuit pattern.
>>
>>9433247
is she even friends with courtoon anymore? what happened with that? they used to be inseparable
>>
>>9433969
Niantic licensed Pokemon plus they'll also have Nintendo to deal with.

Can't wait till Mango bitches about the C&D.
>>
>>9438730
Her lolcow says no but sadly no deets on the fallout. But we can probably guess it's from Nina being a bitch
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.