[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a dude and I think lolita style is pretty rad and elegant.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: intro1-001[1].jpg (53KB, 480x382px) Image search: [Google]
intro1-001[1].jpg
53KB, 480x382px
I'm a dude and I think lolita style is pretty rad and elegant. I'm also a super amateur photographer, but am kind of akward. How can I take your picture without coming off wrong? Pic related, mai waifu
>>
>>9430008
Step 1: Don't start your own thread for this.
Step 2: Don't immediately assume you'll be accepted to a comm and be allowed to take pictures. You're an outsider, and lolitas can be quite reserved when letting people from "the outside" into their circle for fear of creepers.
Also, keep in mind that lolitas don't put such an emphasis on taking pics of their coords at meetups like cosplayers do. Our meetups are for us to have fun, we take selfies and coord shots ourselves and while having professional shots taken is nice, most will tell you that having an outsider photog hovering around us while we're having tea feels uncomfortable and interrupts the natural flow of the meetup.
If you really want to do this, try to contact the mods of the comm near you, tell them about yourself and what you do and ask if they're interested in a photoshoot. Be sure to have examples of your work to show them, I doubt you'll get a positive response otherwise.
>>
>>9430017
We can just make it a normal photographer thread which inevitably means we're going to start shit talking the usual targets of cgl's affection

Be careful op. Seagulls are fucking nuts. Most cosplayers are nice in person though.
>>
>>9430008
volunteer to photograph a lolita fashion show at a large event, such as a convention.

due to the nature of the fashion, you may be treated with suspicion until you establish yourself as a professional with good references.
>>
Do it at a convention. It's less awkward and lolitas are often being asked for photos by various people in the halls. Don't stalk a meetup or try to get into a comm unless you are personally involved in the fashion. You'll look like a creep.

>>9430036
As well as this.
>>
Are you asking how to get into doing Lolita photography because you find the style artistic?
Or are you asking how can you creep on Lolitas without looking like a creep?
>>
>His waifu is an A900
Why are you still with such an old hag lmao.
>>
>>9430051
Little of both, really. I do find the style artistic, but don't want to come off as super creepy.
>>9431150
Full frame goodness and all these cheap, good vintage Minolta lenses
>>
>>9430008
Where are you? There are some lolita events in Europe where they hire photographers, you can contact them now or wait till they announce something on facebook. At con's and meetups people go there to have fun and be with their friends, especially at meetups it would be really weird if a photographer is there and at con's there are mostly ita's.
>>
>>9430008
If you have a portfolio or a page where you post your photos, you could ask the mods of your local lolita community whether you are allowed to offer photoshoots to the comm members. Let your portfolio speak for you. When you get access to the comm's fb page, state that you are interested in taking pictures because you like the artistic value of the outfits. People are more willing to work with an unknown photographer when they are not alone with them, so suggest a group photoshoot in some public place, like a park. It's spring in the Northern hemisphere and lolitas love good photos with beautiful spring flowers and blooming parks.
Do NOT be a creep and don't hit on any lolitas who might participate. If they like you and your photos, you might get invited to take photos as meetups or events as well, but don't force it.
>>
>>9431353
>cheap, good vintage Minolta lenses

You sound like a guy I work with, is this just a thing among Sony photogs?

Re: your actual question, like the other anons mentioned you'll be better off at public events like cons or fashion walks and making contacts from there rather than attempting to foist yourself off on a comm or meetup.
>>
uh simple, "do you mind if I take your picture?" then exchange contact info. ezpz
>>
>>9430008
you might want to test out your skills or have a small notebook that shows your skills in photographing lolitas and locations.
just go up to them, say 'your outfit is amazing. may i take a picture with you? or can i have a picture of you?'
then tell them your starting out and here's your card and also show them your notebook. if they're interested to send you an email (do not give out phone - makes you look/sound creepy).
or if you have a website/deviantart profile they can contact you there.
>>
>>9431150
>being this much of a gearfaggot
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (43KB, 800x535px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
43KB, 800x535px
>>9431764
What's he shoot? Minolta had some seriously sexy stuff back in the day. I will just go to cons and ask very politely for pictures, and then scurry away when they refuse.
>>
>>9432642
I have a Minolta from the 80s and I love her to bits. The flash takes like 8 batteries but idc.

Back on topic: What area are you in, photog-anon? I'm in a larger comm and it isn't unusual to have one or two photographers at the bigger events. If you have a Facebook page with your work, that will help you establish credibility with the event hosts.
>>
>>9432716
I'm in the west US. I don't have any work published anywhere, and most of it sucks, honestly.
>>
>>9432642
He's more landscape/astro, but has been branching into portraiture. I don't know his actual gear specs but he recently rented the new a99ii and the stuff he shot was incredibly lovely. Caveat is that I'm into lomo trash so the older/"flawed" look is rather beautiful to me.

West US has a healthy spread of cons and lolitas, just go to any of the major events and you'll be in good shape in no time.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.