[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cosplay Foundation Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: img5808b27f76720_l.jpg (137KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
img5808b27f76720_l.jpg
137KB, 1000x1000px
All good makeup starts with a good foundation, so in your opinion what is the best foundation(s) for cosplay (female and/or male) and why?

Also foundation general I guess.
>>
>>9429423
Damn, I was hoping this was a shironuri thread, which only ever survive around Halloween anyways. Shouldn't you post this in the makeup general instead?
>>
>>9429426
Ah, I thought about it, but I also thought since it's such a basic topic maybe even people who don't visit the makeup gen would be interested as well, or something like that.

Also sorry to disappoint you. OTL
>>
I want to go paler than I am for a costume, but that would require painting my face, neck, chest and arms.

I'm an NW15 in MAC face and body with neutral undertones, anything too yellow turns me orange and anything too pink turns me grey. Would something like Kyolan's TV white work, or would I turn grey?

For reference, it's a Serenity costume from Sailor Moon, and I'd like to go Irish White- something like Nicole Kidman.
>>
>>9429441
You could try something like coverfx or LAGirl's white drops as an add-in to your current foundation?
>>
>>9429441
Mac NW10?
>>
I'd never heard of LA Girls white drops and foundation mixers! This is awesome!

But do you guys think using foundation on my arms and hands will be okay? Do regular foundations like MAC Face and Body react well to any kind of body paint fixers, so I don't smudge foundation onto everything I come across, much less a white dress? Have any of you found a body paint fixer that works well with regular foundation?
>>
Also worried whether MAC face and body wouldn't be too see through, so my own skin tone would show.
>>
>>9429474
>>9429474
When I made myself paler, I just used a translucent mica powder (specifically MUFE HD powder, but you can get cheaper dupes) and I had no issues with foundation rubbing off. The foundation I used was Kryolan TV Paint Stick. I'm pretty sure it was labeled "Geisha" but it looks like they are using a new labeling system and I don't know what the new equivalent is. But honestly, Face and Body should work since the coverage is buildable.
>>
>>9429509
Perfect! My main worry was having the make up rub off on everyone. Thank you so much!
>>
>>9429426

>shironuri

The girl in the OP looks like she's about to put on a beret and go get trapped in an invisible box, but I can see where the confusion could come from.
>>
>>9429423
Foundation is quite a personal thing and I don't think any one foundation will work for everyone or can be considered "the best". Your best bet is to look for reviews on foundation (video reviews if you're okay with beauty youtubers) from someone with a similar skin type to you.

However that said here are some drugstore foundations that seem to be recommended for being long-wearing, which is important for cosplay
>L'oreal infallible pro matte
My personal favourite even though I have dry skin, I like how the texture is creamy but it feels light on the skin. Nice coverage, lasts for ages, easy to blend and layer products on.
>Revlon Colorstay
Has formulations for dry and oily skin. Also very long lasting.
>Rimmel Lasting Finish
Great coverage and staying power but can be drying. Strong smell. Maybe great for oily or combination skin.
>Maybelline fit me
Superb shade range and also has matte and dewy finishes available. Not as long lasting as the rest but can go for a while with powder and setting spray.

Hope that helps!
>>
>>9429426

>shironuri thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmbGV9XVG1E
>>
No.9405769>>
OP please ctrl + f makeup before posting another side thread, thank you.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.