[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shumatsucon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: logo-reine-header.png (63KB, 796x349px) Image search: [Google]
logo-reine-header.png
63KB, 796x349px
Never been to this one before. Any anone know what it's like? I know it's a fairly small con
>>
Real chill people, it's pretty small and cozy. I've gone every year and it's always enjoyable.
>>
It's way small, the rave is underattended but good so it feels creepy dancing in there. People are really friendly though and they have good H panels, not many cons do that.
>>
I'm going, but only because I need a con to go to in order to get over my depression that it isn't colossal time yet
>>
Why does Ohio have so many different cons now? Yoi Con next month (was great last year). Shumatsucon right now (lit senpai). Ohayocon. Punch. Etc.
>>
>>9434572
Read an article a little while back that Ohio comes in as the 3rd state in the US that has the most anime and comic conventions. Only topped by Florida and Cali.
It also said that Ohio is considered to be one of the nerdiest states and that Ohio residents go to the library more than any other state. Not sure how true that is.
I live in the North West now. I really miss Ohio. Heading to my first convention in my new resident state tomorrow and just from what I've observed on social media it's ran like dog shit.
Wish me luck I guess.
>>
My first time here and I'm loving this. There's so few people here but everyone is super friendly and the panels are actually pretty decent. The game room has some great stuff and there's no lines!
>>
That black dude who played the guitar...BASED
>>
Fuck. My first time here and it's the last Shumatsucon already. I had the best goddamn time and then they drop this during closing ceremonies. Not breaking even financially quickly enough which is no surprise considering the market. This was a con that deserved to stay though.
>>
I missed closing ceremonies, what happened?
>>
File: shumatsucon.png (435KB, 493x654px) Image search: [Google]
shumatsucon.png
435KB, 493x654px
>>9437300
In the comments below, it was confirmed by the conchair, and an official statement is going to be posted soon.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_mwynfvfcDT1qgy8po.png (175KB, 400x332px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mwynfvfcDT1qgy8po.png
175KB, 400x332px
>I walk through this event every year and I see so many amazing and unique people sharing their lives, and having a wonderful time together. To see so many people together, happy, and spending a weekend doing what they love, is an indescribable feeling. But for some reason this year, it just didn't feel right. Something felt very off. I can't fully explain it. I felt like I was in a daze, and despite so many people enjoying themselves I just realized that I couldn't do it anymore. I knew, no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't continue to provide to you the same event that we've all come to know as a home.
>I could have continued running this con for another few years, and it was certainly within my means both monetarily and time-wise to do so, but I couldn't watch myself dredge through the motions, slowly learning to resent what I once loved doing with a passion.

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>9437601
Running cons is hard and it honestly burns you out really quickly. The con chair has a 7-month old son and a fiance so I really don't blame him for feeling like he couldn't keep up the level of effort he had put into it. And he was soooo so involved in so many of the events it really wouldn't be the same con if someone else took over. If I had run a con that well received I'd want it to stay my baby forever and not pass it off too.
>>
>>9437601
>It's not you it's me. I feel like I just have to move on. I don't want go through motions knowing I don't have the passion I had before.

This is worded like a bad break up. If he has life shit that's respectable but why not just say that?
>>
>>9437601
The conchair had a baby last summer and that's probably part of it too
>>
I saw the closing ceremonies video from the group and I guess it makes sense. Matt said he was walking through the con and it didn't feel like how he wanted it to. I'm guessing it was growing too slowly for him to want to keep it up. Honestly the programming at this con was really top tier and it deserved a much bigger audience than they could get. I heard he got invited to staff at some big cons so I'm hoping he can improve them. Ohayocon desperately needs it so let's hope they take him.
>>
Matt lost a fuckload of money on that con

He's off his meds and depressed as fuck so he bailed

Now the only spring con in Columbus is a kopf con
>>
>>9441276
Wait, what happened to A&G con, wasn't it a spring con?
>>
>>9441276
>>9441593

Spring cons are always garbage save Animarathon.
>>
Wow. A&G and Shumatsucon are both dead in the same year, next you'll see Kabochacon go under, how they had a second year is beyond me.
>>
OP here. Man this con was fun. I can't believe this was the last one :(

Now there's no more spring ohio cons. I'm not going to entertain the idea of going to a kopfcon.
>>
>>9443576
Animarathon is going to be a two day con next year so that might be worth it.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.