[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

San Diego Comic Con

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: sdcc.jpg (252KB, 920x662px) Image search: [Google]
sdcc.jpg
252KB, 920x662px
You know a con is dead to /cgl/ when there's nothing about it at all on a day like badge buying day. The SDCC /cgl/ contingent has dwindled in the past few years most likely due to its lack of availability.

So, how'd you do? Did you come out a winner or did you get a big fat goose egg?
>>
>>9427160
It's not the lack of availability, it's the fact that it's a garbage ass con.

It's nothing but Hollywood overhype and fuckboy central.

I haven't had a good time at SDCC in years but small to medium cons are always lit.
>>
With multiple people in the random que -- big fat nothin'. What a waste of two hours.
>>
>>9427204
I got lucky and had two of my sessions get in which covered my whole group. This is the first time getting anything during open registration. I usually get my badges during return registration.

>>9427203
Most my congoer friends don't even have it on their radar and just focus on AX and Fanime instead
>>
>>9427216
I wasn't able to get any in both sessions, but lucky had a family member who was so I'm covered for this year.
>>9427203
Its only trash if you waste your time on h hall or ballroom 20. The only thing I hate about comic-con is the fairness system.
>>
>>9427216
I am both happy for you and super jealous.

>>9427245
Fairness. Is that what they call it?
>>
>>9427160
I get a free pass every year because I'm in the industry.

SDCC is fun and I've been over a dozen times. There's always lots to do/see and tons of freebies/exclusives, not to mention meeting up with people from all over the world. This is the only place I've ever gotten to meet some of my favorite actors and artists so I'm kind of biased toward it.

The least fun part is undoubtedly the crowds. It makes even casually cosplaying a chore because the crowds are horrible to navigate without delicate costume pieces and a fucking nightmare with them.
>>
Nope, nothing for me this year. Oh well.
>>
I am going to SDCC and am hyped, I think the reason it doesn't matter much to /cgl/ is because it isn't really a big cosplay con. It's too big, and too crowded, and there is way too much shit to do, not to mention it is a million degrees generally, so cosplay is just not something that is particularly important.

There used to be nightly /cgl/ meets but those kind of died. Ah well.
>>
>>9427160
this board doesn't care about American pop culture or comic book conventions in general.
>>
>>9427352
Those were the good ol days. Still had people like precious and vernedead showing up to the meets. Freeman is taking a sabbatical and I don't know if/when he'll return to the con scene
>>
>>9427276
in my 11 years of going it use to be quite easy to go but with all the complaining they made the lottery system in order to make it fair which I think is ridiculous.
>>9427348
I don't get a free pass, but I go for the autographs I get to meet some celebrities and chat with the voice actors of my favorite shows or cartoon series. crowds kill it but every year I hear the most disappointed attendees who waste all there time on H hall.
>>
>>9427550
Hall H is a total scam but if it keeps those people occupied and not in the rest of the con I guess it does a good job by me.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.