[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New Naruto series means more Naruto cosplayers at your next convention!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 9

File: Boruto_uzumaki.png (846KB, 1450x1034px) Image search: [Google]
Boruto_uzumaki.png
846KB, 1450x1034px
New Naruto series means more Naruto cosplayers at your next convention! Aren't you excited?
>>
Absolutely fucking not. Naruto needs to die off.
>>
File: IMG_5404.gif (1006KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5404.gif
1006KB, 500x333px
what? No. I-I thought we were done.

>seriously though, these past few years have brought shittier fandoms to cons.
>>
You saying you don't like cute ninja girls?
>>
>>9423922
Anon, Naruto's not coming back. Nobody gives a shit about the new Naruto series besides the fans who've been in the fandom for a long time. You have to watch over 500 episodes of bullshit to even get to the point where you can watch Boruto and have it make sense anyway.
>>
Yeah actually. Wasn't around the time where naruto 2005 cosplays were super popular. I'd love to see the cringe as well as the well made. There are still a shit ton of ugly Sakura cosplays out there so I don't really mind. I'll take it over hakyu or whatever that volleyball anime was any day.
>>
>>9423965
are you kidding me? the new generation of weeabs are going to stick to it like a fly to shit. kids are gonna start wearing their naruto gear to school again
>>
>>9423922
We were finally getting closer to the Big 3 dying.
>>
>>9424209
One piece will never die. It is eternal .
>>
>>9424209
what do you mean by big 3?
>>
>>9424691
Naruto, Bleach, One Piece.
>>
>>9424692
Only because they had gone mainstream so quickly. I'd adjust main three to Sailor Moon, Dragonball/Z, and gundam. One Piece is the exception and I would say big 4. It's risen above temporary status and has become a sustained entity.
>>
>>9423972
>kids are gonna start wearing their naruto gear to school again
I was in a grocery store late one night to grab something and this younger girl was with her father in the same aisle as me. When I passed her she stopped me and told me she like my sweater (it was omocat's fujoshi one. i know but i only wear it for errands/pajamas). She was wearing a Naruto shirt, the headband and wristbands. It made me want to cringe but it was also kind of cute. She looked middle school age and I remember being just like that and I rarely see those kinds of weebs these days.
>>
>>9424741
>Sailor Moon, Dragonball/Z, and gundam
That's for the previous generation. It's like the original big 3, with Naruto Bleach and One Piece being the following.
>>
I remember being a goffick teen & owning an Akatsuki headband.
I hid it from sight whenever company came over.

As for OP's question.. I can't see Naruto making a comeback, even if I somewhat hope it does for nostalgia & luls.
>>
>>9424692
Why those? Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, and dragon ball are all still on going, big, and started around then 90s.
>>
File: IMG_9450.jpg (83KB, 764x484px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9450.jpg
83KB, 764x484px
Naruto was one of the first anime I got into as a kid.
>tfw your first cosplay was Sakura
>tfw you still cosplay Sakura
I kind of pushed the series to the back of my mind but as soon as I saw the Boruto movie I was hit with a ton of nostalgia and had to make that dress. I don't get as recognized as I once did, but it's still fun. The dress was one of the first major pattern mods I did.
>I still have a shit ton of this material and bias tape I used for the dress. Could probably make her Last costume.
Who knows. Maybe. Sorry I'm such a weeb.
>>
>>9424795
I'm the same way, anon. Naruto is one of the first things that ended up touching me. I'm probably going to end up cosplaying Sarada or someone from the new series for nostalgia factor along with Haku (baby me's biggest cosplan). I'm glad the first episode of Boruto seems to be more like the first series than Shippuden so far.
>>
>>9424766
I think it has something to do with Pokemon and Yugioh being more for "kids", and the timing of the western boom of weebs with the rise of popularity of the "Big Three"
Whereas Yugioh is still one of my top 9
>>
>>9424750
I saw a 30/40 year old woman the other day wearing an Akatsuki cloak like any suburban mom of that age would wear a regular winter jacket. It was the most bizzare thing I've ever seen.
>>
File: 1485653429182.gif (4MB, 298x150px) Image search: [Google]
1485653429182.gif
4MB, 298x150px
>>9425441
That's a unique kind of awesome.
I hope everyone on this board pulls that shit when they hit 40.
>>
>>9423966
I don't think it will be much like the old days, honestly. A lot has changed for cosplay in terms of available materials, decent wigs, tutorials, and guides. Cosplayers who can't make anything for shit tend to just buy online. Back then, a lot of Naruto cosplays were cringe-worthy because they were made by young fans who saw it on TV and didn't have the money or resources to make better.
>>
>>9423922
>tfw I still cosplay Konan
just fuck my shit up
I love Naruto
>>
>>9424741
one piece makes so much money it might as well just be the big ONE
>>
File: 1492158016033.png (2MB, 760x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1492158016033.png
2MB, 760x1200px
Some of you guys should cosplay as Sarutobi Mirai. I love the tomboy look :)
>>
>>9424766
because Shounen Jump.
>>
>>9424795
Same. My weeby heart is still obsessed with sasusaku and the entire family I would love to see more cosplays of it. I really like the sakura outfit now, especially cause the original fanbase is older, it looks a lot better to cosplay.
>>
File: 1486423570978.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1486423570978.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>9433400
>tfw I would cosplay all of them cause Naruto is engrained into my soul.

Except Hinata. She doesn't do shit.
>>
>>9424750
Saw a girl the other day dressed in emo clothes and cat ears at the ice cream store. She looked 14. Made me wonder what year it was.
>>
File: IMG_9502.jpg (91KB, 575x784px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9502.jpg
91KB, 575x784px
>>9434214
>tried to avoid any mention of my longtime SasuSaku obsession
Anon you have brought out my guilty pleasure. They are probably one of the most hated couples but I'm glad they're together even if Sasuke has to be away a lot. Sarada is a precious little bab.
>tfw husband hates sasuke and doesn't really want to cosplay him much at all.
One of these days I'm just going to make one of the costumes and he'll feel obligated to wear it. hehe he really likes Shikamaru the most, and I love Temari, but that Shika ponytail is so intimidating to me that idk if I could do it.
>>
File: Naruto.cosplay.jpg (45KB, 639x479px) Image search: [Google]
Naruto.cosplay.jpg
45KB, 639x479px
I'm about to dump 84 hours of my life into the first 220 episodes of Naruto. Is it worth it cgl? Am I flushing it away?
>>
>>9435360
I loved it, it's fun.
Shippuden is better as a whole but the filler is worse in it
>>
I wonder if Kishimoto and Kubo will ever dish on the bastardization of their series like Toriyama did.

I don't feel a particular way about seeing the cosplay come back if it will at all. Naruto cosplays seem tame after living through Hetalia and Homestuck.
>>
File: 1482652269741s.jpg (7KB, 185x250px) Image search: [Google]
1482652269741s.jpg
7KB, 185x250px
>>9435637
>Shippuden is better as a whole
>>
>>9434221
She's cute and got them curves doe mmh. Maybe she's not a perfect kunoichi but she's a perfect wife
>>
I loved Naturo back when it started, during the ninja trials, the forest, when naruto was running around causing trouble for everyone, and a few of the later arcs. I lost interest when it got too crazy. The new series feels like going back to the good old days of what I liked with the original series, so I'm enjoying it quite a bit and will continue to watch it until it goes under like the old series did. Also it's kind of a tradition at this point.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.