[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Extremely hard cosplays

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

File: LaughingOctopusMGS4.jpg (225KB, 1280x1168px) Image search: [Google]
LaughingOctopusMGS4.jpg
225KB, 1280x1168px
An opposite to a near easy cosplays thread. Let's make a thread about nearly impossible characters for cosplay, which requires a godlike craftmanship or a thousand kilometers of sewing.
I'd like not to discuss Sakizou here, because personally I find her designs not very hard but just very detailed.

Picrelated is Laughing Octopus from metal gear series.
>>
>>9420347
Augh. I love Laughing Octopus's design and have always wanted to do this costume, but it'd be impossible to do properly.
>>
File: Jenova.png (172KB, 338x618px) Image search: [Google]
Jenova.png
172KB, 338x618px
If only she had legs that functioned as legs
>>
>>9420368
Me too, anon! I like to guess, how it could be possible to solve difficult cosplay technical issues, and for Laughing Octopus I thought about good quality EVA head part with a strong wire base and a transparent high platform for legs, the only way to pretend you're flying.
>>
File: lo.png (175KB, 731x899px) Image search: [Google]
lo.png
175KB, 731x899px
>>9420347
Forgive my rudimentary art, but this is what I immediately thought of for Laughing Octopus. A set of "floating" false legs over your own, which you cover with black leggings.

>>9420406
You could always make her legs go inside the heart, so it functions as a mermaid's tail dress?
>>
>>9420406
i'm planning on cosplaying Jenova and am trying to solve this very problem.
>>
>>9420512
Junkrat cosplays show why this is very noticeable.
And the proportions would be wrong with the dress idea. I'd want the heart to be solid not material. I'm very particular with cosplays
>>
>>9421404
Most Junkrat cosplays I've seen have them with a false peg leg on their knee and they just lift their leg behind them to put the leg "down." Looks fine.

You'd obviously have to be clever about the tentacle placement with the "floating legs" look and you can't constantly hide your real legs, but it's better than walking around on massive clear platforms, which would be about the same for suspension of belief IMO.

>I'm very particular with cosplays

Now I'm curious, post something you've done in the past?
>>
File: CamilleWallpaper-logo.jpg (880KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
CamilleWallpaper-logo.jpg
880KB, 1920x1080px
Where to even begin....
>>
>>9421454
Actually, can someone throw some numbers at me? How much would it cost to get the top and butt tails commissioned?
>>
How would I ever keep the lower slime snake half but create the height I want? The only thing I got is make platforms but I fear tripping over myself.
>>
>>9421499
You wouldn't, you would do the height for the photoshoot and then just skip the height for the con
>>
File: Diablo_Raneman009c.png (163KB, 277x410px) Image search: [Google]
Diablo_Raneman009c.png
163KB, 277x410px
I like hard cosplays but this diablo is going to be horrid to wear when it's done
>>
>>9421415
Really? A lot of the photo's I've seen had the cosplayers just leaving their legs down and hoping the black wouldn't be noticeable.
I wonder if you could somehow mask the majority of the legs with the snakes?

>>Now I'm curious, post something you've done in the past?
Oh god no, I'm so hyper critical that nothing I've done in recent years is good enough to be posted. I'm working on a few now but nothing is complete since I'm busy with University.

>>9421464
Oh damn, this looks like fun.
The waistcoat would be...
Material costs (black fabrics, blue fabrics, lining fabric, golden piping, golden flat fabric, resin cast of the gems, diffusable blue material, led set up, concealed in the shoulder pads, padding for shoulders with either traditional padding or foam, jacket pattern to butcher, glove pattern to butcher) time and testing... you're looking at a LOT of money for someone else to do it. at least a solid few hundred. Although this design is super fun and I am wishing I cosplayed games I don't play because I'd do it in a heartbeat. Those legs? Step on me.

>>9421499
you would make the slimey snake part hollow on the inside so when you walk you don't have to fight with it. And yes, platforms would be the main way to get that height.
>>
File: Master_of_the_Forge_Xerill.jpg (97KB, 694x964px) Image search: [Google]
Master_of_the_Forge_Xerill.jpg
97KB, 694x964px
I'd love to make or atleasr see someone make an Iron Father, especially if they managed to make the mechanical parts moveable
>>
>>9423137
>I'm so hyper critical that nothing I've done in recent years is good enough to be posted

uh huh. for someone thats so "very particular" with cosplay you have nothing to show?
figured youre the kinda person whos "all talk but no show".
>>
>>9423194
Different anon, but are you being obtuse on purpose? OP is hyper critical of their own cosplays and thus doesn't want to post them here because they think they aren't up to snuff. Same reason OP doesn't want to go the Junkrat route because they don't think it'll look good from most angles. I can sympathize because I'm a perfectionist too and won't want to make something if I think it'll look half assed.
>>
>>9423200
Nayrt but dissing a concept, then saying you dissed it because of Muh Perfectionism, except you won't show examples of your own work, sounds like a cop-out.
>>
>>9423200

>>9423226
>>9423194

Im the one this is about, I just wanna clarify I don't wanna cosplay the Metal Gear character. I wanna cosplay Jenova, though, so thats me.

You've hit the nail on the head, though. My old cosplays aren't good by my standards, so the reason I presently have nothing to show is because I am spending large amounts of time getting minute details right because if my costume doesnt look good when I'm in line waiting for food then I don't want to wear it.
Idm if the other anons think Im "copping out" because I don't really see it as so, and thats their perogative. I don't get upset about randoms online thinking whatever about me.

But I, personally, dont like the look of the black tights behind fake legs coz I think it looks silly sometimes, and that sometimes is enough for me not to like it or consider it for my own cosplays.
>>
>>9423157
I'm going to save this for reference! Decided i'm going to build a warhammer costume for my boyfriend in the future but we haven't decided which yet. (leaning towards azrael).
>>
>>9423311
Damn I'd love to see that

Also tfw no qt to build Warhammer cosplays with ;_;
>>
>>9423137
>you're looking at a LOT of money for someone else to do it. at least a solid few hundred

I'm down for that if it's good quality.
>>
>>9423226
How do you keep missing the point this badly?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.