[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dutch Thread: "One year of Dutch Threads!" Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 327
Thread images: 25

File: 1459637581373.jpg (121KB, 564x801px) Image search: [Google]
1459637581373.jpg
121KB, 564x801px
We're on Discord now: https://discord.gg/RgaEYeK

Previously, in our slow thread about secret meets, KFC branded photography and losing to Bulgaria >>9403400
>Lolita's, Elita's and lots of whining from all sides
>How to arrange a /cgl/ meet
>Pokémon Party cringe
>DCC happened and was overcrowded
>DCC Overwatch competition confirmed for not being a proper competitive competition
>Dropping your prop on-stage and have it break into a million pieces
>Catching a pervert taking upskirts
>Stealing artwork from dA and selling it at cons
>Neo-geek culture 101
>Moshi Moshi is back!
>Taking a joke too serious
>Lot's of small stuff I'm going to bother writing down
>The usual awesome WIP pics that have been keeping this place alive during even the slowest con periods

The five next major events:
>VidCon (April 7th – 9th, Amsterdam NH), an overly expensive place to meet YouTubers.
>TomoCon (April 8th & 9th, Berghem NB), only the best convention ever that strikes fear in the eyes of all other Dutch conventions!
>Elfia (April 29th - 30th, Haarzuilens UT), an outdoor fantasy orientated convention
>Formula Cosplay (May 6th, Rotterdam ZH), a small and cheap one day event about cosplay.
>Animecon (June 9th - 11th, The Hague ZH), no introduction needed.
The full con calendar can be found at https://www.churi.nl/agenda

Friendly reminders
>POSTS MADE IN DUTCH ARE AGAINST GLOBAL 4CHAN RULES AND WILL BE REMOVED!
>We have a newcomers guide at https://churi.nl/newcomers-guide
>Defending yourself on /cgl/ only makes things worse. It's best to take things posted here lightly and just move on.
>Posting WIP pictures and/or progress about your current projects is encouraged.

Strawpoll: Are you going to TomoCon this weekend? http://www.strawpoll.me/12666967
>>
But how was the competition and the cosplayers who participated at DCC? I couldnt see it because of the overcrowd
>>
What's the deal with Homestuck fans? I recently started reading it, but my friends tell me I better not talk with the fandom because they are an unpleasant bunch who bully other people. Is that true, and should I avoid talking to them?
>>
>>9420359
The competitions were great actually. It was really well organised and the people backstage were really involved with the competitors and there was this girl backstage that would make sure everyone's questions were answered and that everyone had a great time. There was also this guy that was really helpful to a cosplayer that fainted a few times. team chaos theirselves were also really kind and tried their hardest, everyone even got a small bag with food and water and the backstage area was really cosy. Normally I'm not this positive about dcc related things and I didn't know who team chaos was at first but this whole competition was a great experience. There are some minor things that could've been better but for a first time this was great.
>>
>>9420389
They're like Hetalia fana but worse.
>>
Is anyone going to Vidcon at all? I'd be interested if it wasn't so ridiculously expensive but at these prices I don't know who would show up. I wonder if it'll be deserted...
>>
>>9420401
Judging by the schedule it's more targetted at serious content creators rather than fans. To them spending €100 so they can network and learn a thing or two is pocket change. In retrospect it probably shouldn't had been added to the con list.
>>
>>9420396
I'm not familiar with Hetalia fans either, so I don't really know what that means. You mean cringy?
>>
>>9420401
It's probably flooded with the relatively young community I guess. I don't think it's worth it
>>
What was this about? Why the need for a formal announcement?
>>
>>9420478
>says she quits community
>"keep inviting me i will keep visiting"
>>
>>9420463
I've never had issues with them, then again the fandom started dying years ago. Hentalia fans though are usually 'omg so random lol memes' /hyperactive kids running around
>>
>>9420478
>I will not come to meets anymore except maybe I will
...what's the point of announcing this? Just remove yourself from the group and stop coming to meet ups. Who is she, even?
>flounce.gif
>>
>>9420518
just a cry for attention
>>
>>9420521
/Topic
>>
>>9420478
Probably felt left out when nobody responded on her "I'm think about leaving the comm" text last thread.
>>
It's kinda funny how you all make assumptions, while all I wanted is to say good bye.
>>
>>9420670
Bye.
>>
>>9420670
Take care!
>>
>>9420670
Just curious, any specific reason you left? (I mean, you could also just have stayed in the group without really following)
Not trying to attack you at all btw!
>>
>>9420670
so long
>>
>>9420670
You sure you're not just leaving because no one gives a shit about your crappy indie brand?
>>
How is it for artists these days at Dutch cons? I know it's hardly anywhere near what it's like at bigger international cons, but are they getting better?
Are people selling non-laminated keychains and bookmarks these days? Or am I foolishly hoping for something that will never happen?
>>
>>9420675
pretty much because lolita doesn't feel like lolita anymore to me. I fell kinda out of place between all the modern lolitas.

>>9420681
sweety, can you sew? if not, don't complain. glad to not have you as a customer with that attitude
>>
>>9420478
I like that 5 people even gave it a 'thumbs up'. Also, I've never seen this girl before.
>>
>>9420670
You posted about it in several threads too. I'm sorry the old crowd doesn't give you what you want but I don't think you've actually reached out to the new people your age either.
>>
>>9420670
bb, you'll be back, like almost everyone who makes a post about leaving the comm.
>>
>>9420724
it's not so much about the people, but more about the overall direction this fashion is going. I felt more comfortable leaving the comm.
>>
>>9420705
>sweety, can you sew? if not, don't complain.
neither can you
>>
>>9420705
>that passive aggressive comment.

Not a lolita or do I have any idea who you are, but I now know that anon hit the right painfull spot with that comment.

Next time you want to make it look like something isn't the case, just reply with 'no, that's not why'.
>>
>>9420705
Nayrt but I do sew, which is why I'd never be a customer of yours. No point spending Japanese brand money on an incredibly simple item anyone with basic skills could make and you could find anywhere on Taobao for a third of the price. If you want your brand to be successful, you'll need to fill a niche that isn't overstuffed already.
>>
File: tmp_13987-UQTFhsm-1215431170.png (352KB, 660x371px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_13987-UQTFhsm-1215431170.png
352KB, 660x371px
How do I get a qt Leidse cosplay girlfriend?

;_;
>>
>>9420705
>>9420724
As a newer lolita in the comm, who is very much into oldschool, we've never even met. I think you are underestimating the newer crowd.
>>
>>9420931
Are you from int
>>
>>9420931
Oesoe?
>>
>>9420931
>go to university
>join corps
>fuck corps sloots
>????
>who needs a gf when you can just pump and dump
>>
>>9420931
>>9420940

Not me sadly.
>>
>>9420959
Believe it of not, I don't want a fling that lasts one night. I want a qt cosplay gf.
>>
>>9420478
Where is this from. Im confused. Am I missing a secret group?
>>
>>9420931
Girl looking for girl?
>>
>>9420982
Boy looking for a girl c:
>>
>>9420971
It's in the normal Dutch comm group.
>>
>>9421058
Where/how can I find this? Id love to join.
>>
>>9421188
Just search in Facebook for Dutch lolitas
>>
>>9421021
disgusting
>>
>>9420359
It was ok. The weeks/months before were quite messy.
Competition itself was ok as well: Small backstage, Akuma and Isami took really well care of everyone. Instructions were not that clear again either.
Organisation wise it was at Abunai level, which is better than most, but not super great. Better than I expected though.
>>
>>9420359
It was really well done. To be honest I expected it to be bad because it was organized by cosplayers themselves (which normally fails miserably) but this time team chaos really did a good job. They also were really considerate of the cosplayers participating by giving us drinks and snacks before the compo. They made sure to give us a tour of the area to tell where we had to be at what time and were super kind backstage to everyone and helped people calm their nerves.

Also the other two, the red haired girl and the boy were amazing. They really helped everyone out.

I've participated in a lot of competitions but honestly for a first time organizing, I have to say kudos to team chaos. They did a better job in their first try than most organizers do in years.
>>
>>9421650
How were the cosplayers who joined the competition?
>>
>>9421672
And who?
>>
>>9420344
>DCC happened and was overcrowded
Only the not-so-tactically placed main-stage. the gaming area and dealer-area were ok. still, it was nothing compared to made-in-asia!
>>
>>9421672
Well to be honest I think that they level of Cosplay has grown really insanely fast in such a short time in the Netherlands.

There were a few of the "typical" cosplayers that always compete, but also a lot of new and refreshing cosplayers I had never heard of before.
>>
I can't stand it when cosplayers look up the press though. The couple that won best over all at DCC was apparently followed by a tv program. I wasnt there so i cant judge their performance but these kind of things always make me doubtful of the outcome. Not hating on them but I hate it when media get involved
>>
>>9421807
Which show?
>>
>>9421817
probably "je zal het maar hebben"
>>
>>9421817
Wasn't there a link to the vid in the old thread?
>>
>>9421734
I didnt really recognize any of the competetors besides ilunaneko cosplay
>>
>>9421817

"Jan rijd door"
>>
>>9421996
>Jan rijd door
Ah thanks, must have missed it. here's a link to the fragment if anyone else missed it: https://www.npo.nl/jan-volgde-het-dutch-cosplay-couple/30-03-2017/WO_KN_8167251
>>
So, what is this whole "I created a new group because I wasn't in the banner" thing going on?
>>
Why the fuck is tomo sold out, the con is shit.
>>
>>9422406
Someone (or multiple people? Can't really find the source) where angry that they weren't chosen for the new cosplay Benelux banner (comments with the most likes would be in the banner).
They thought it was vriendjespolitiek and made their own group.
>>
No, it isn't. Maybe TomoFair. That's a boring and cheap market. TomoCon last year was fun. A lot of things to do, a very good gameroom and a bootleg free dealerroom. Don't judge if you've never been there. Quality of Tomo events is increasing unfortunately.......
>>
>>9422940
Aww shit we triggered tomoanon kek
>>
>>9422940
But I have been there, the only reason I somewhat liked being there is because the weather was good.
>>
>>9422899
Free tickets
>>
>>9422899
Because everyone who pre-ordered tickets for TF Amsterdam got a free ticket for TC after it rained complaints on how overcrowded it was. Can't wait for the usual bragging blog to mention the amount of visitors while leaving out this little fact.

>>9422940
Get your timeline right TomoFag, you didn't started doing shit against bootlegs until TF Amsterdam and the game room was okay at best.
>>
>>9422994
Yup. You got free tickets if you spent more than 25 euro at red dot during DCC.
Everyone and their dog is having give aways. People who conplain about TA got free tickets. I dont know 1 person who actually bought a ticket. I even have a friend who just goes like who has a free ticket for me and gets them XD
So sold out is a big word. I would like to see the free ticket to payed ticket stats for cons xD that says more than the visitor amounts
>>
The " complaint" tickets where only for TomoFair Nijmegen. Get your facts right! I wish they where for TomoCon. I was late ordering tickets so i payed way too much. But my fb friends are going, so I have to be there.
>>
>>9423030
lern2reply tomofag, you stick out like a sore thumb
>>
You don't happen to be 'i love tomo' liam, tomoanon?
>>
>>9423030
The only thing missing here is your usual cosplayer trashtalk
>>
>>9423059
no that was me. different guy, different posts.
Still love to see everyone complaining about the fact that tomo sold out, which means they're doing something good....
>>
File: ohyou (2).jpg (10KB, 126x125px) Image search: [Google]
ohyou (2).jpg
10KB, 126x125px
>>9423066
>One person wondering how they sold out is everyone
>>
>>9423067
Everyone HERE...
>>
>>9423079
Nah, I'm just sick of Tomo-glorification by a handful of people
>>
>>9423079
Yes, you are HERE in a thread where one person wondered how they sold out. Congratulations on having such a perfect sense of direction Anon!
>>
>>9423079
>one person asks why tomo sold out
>a few replies stating they were free tickets
>"wow everyone is so mad tomo sold out much complain tomo gud lol"

it's ok anon, my 9-year old niece also has troubles with "begrijpend lezen"
>>
>>9422940

Hahaha, if I was your computer or whatever device you are using, I would file a lawsuit due to abuse. You can't seriously write that stuff with a clear conscience.

The dealerroom is still one bootleg pit. Just taking action to one or two dealers does not even come close to the amount of bootleg prevention that should be there. Half of the dealers are selling bootlegs. If you cannot see that yourself, get an expert.
The gameroom, to call it very good is just too much. Either you have a very low standard or you have no standard at all.
>>
>>9423227
It's probably someone who works for Tomo and thinks he/she can move up the Tomo-tree by kissing their asses.

Everyone can have their opinion about it. Nevertheless, you should be realistic about it and not claim certain things are great/the best when they are just average. Tomocon is not great, but it is not bad for their size. They have a lot to improve. The gameroom is like every gameroom on a small con ever. The same shit every con and nothing special to spice things up. It's not bad, but it's definitely not great either.
>>
>>9420344
OP, is this your favourite picture? You've used it quite some times.
>>
File: tulips_and_seagulls_final.png (266KB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
tulips_and_seagulls_final.png
266KB, 2592x1936px
>>9423435
It was the picture I've used for my first thread which made was made exactly one year ago yesterday, hence the edition name. So see it as a little throwback to the one that started the theme of windmills, cute mascots and all the other typical Dutch things.
I really don't have a favourite OP picture, but if I had to pick I would probably go with pic related as I've spend an evening vectorizing it by hand from a photo posted by one the gulls. It's either that or the "quick and dirty" Tully edits around Abunai.
>>
>>9423011
Red Dot is Tomo btw so ofc they gave free tickets. But thye were the only shop. Every other ticket was bought.Tomocon is better then the Tomofairs at least. But nothing beats Tomoparty.
>>
Nice baito.

What was your favorite cosplay at DCC? I really liked the Alien and the tall Darth Vader.
>>
>>9423659
I was liking the space marine and castiel with the big blue wings
>>
>>9423659
I saw Dredd cosplayers, which makes me very happy.
>>
>>9420931
i know one girl from Leiden who cosplays but i'm pretty sure she will walk away laughing at the sight of that post

as she should
>>
Does anyone have tips ordering from Ardawigs?

(Minque doesn't have the model I need)
>>
>>9424725
Step 1. Save up A LOT of money because you're going to be broke after this.

If you order directly from Ards wigs you'll have to pay a huge amount of shipping fee plus the dutch fees for having it imported into our country.
>>
>>9424725
Try coscraft uk instead?
>>
>>9424790
ordered from arda twice, didnt get the fee. youll pay a lot for the wig and shipping but its worth it for the quality you get
>>
does the fee depend of the weight? so would it be smart to order one wig at a time instea of a group order?
>>
>>9424991
i would love to but they don't seem to sell duopigtailwigs anymore
>>
How many lolitas here actually like football?
>>
File: dontbedumb.png (183KB, 1268x978px) Image search: [Google]
dontbedumb.png
183KB, 1268x978px
>>9425115
Googling how exactly this shit works isn't hard. It does not depend on the weight of your order.
https://www.postnl.nl/ontvangen/pakket-ontvangen/pakket-uit-het-buitenland/bijkomende-kosten-bij-het-importeren-van-goederen-uit-het-buitenland/
>>
>>9425120
I don't.
>>
>>9425120
>why
>>
>>9424433
Tell her to give me a chance
Pls ;_;
>>
>>9423227
>The dealerroom is still one bootleg pit.
this is being spammed here over and over again, we fuckin know already! and by buying stuff you're part of the problem. If there's no demand for bootleg it won't be sold, it's that simple! so stop spamming it here on /cgl and just don't buy that garbage! eventually it will go away.
>>
>>9425492
Very funny, things don't work like that.
>>
>>9425506
They do. There a lot of bootleg tutorials online telling you how to recognize bootleg products! If you don't want bootleg, don't buy it! We can't check on every stand every few minutres to see if they really aren't selling bootleg!

You could also decide not to go to our conventions anymore so that our tickets will be sold to fans who appreciate us. Telling us our convention is bad but still going doesn't really help your statement.
>>
>>9425492
increasing amount of normies at cons don't know that shit

>>9425509
mad. It's not that hard to have 1 or 2 people of your staff just walk around at the con like a customer and checking out stalls, busting them if they do. Hell, i'm sure lots of people would like to do that job
>>
>>9425492
>>9425509
Ignoring a problem does not make it go away, fixing it does. Just learn how to take some feedback for a change and then use it to improve and grow strong as a con for a change instead of sticking your heads in the sand as usual. And in case you didn't know, both selling and facilitating the sales of bootleg products are illegal in the Netherlands.
Maybe those of us who got a free ticket can all buy some bootleg on purpose, take a few pictures, and report it on CosplayNL and other groups along with a warning about Tomo not giving a a fuck selling bootlegs, and a template letter plus link for people to report Tomo at the Belastingdienst.
>>
>>9425535
>>9425536
I dare you to try. We are a fair organization and the Belastingdienst won't do shit. In fact, the stores selling the bootlegs at our conventions are the ones at fault. If you want to sue someone, sue them.
>>
>>9425542
>Both selling and facilitating the sales of bootlegs are illegal
Reading sure is hard.
>>
>>9425492
Tbh I've bought bootleg stuff by accident. There is no demand for bootleg. It's like saying there's a demand for stuff made in sweatshop conditions so modern slavery is the consumers fault. It isn't, there is a demand for cheap stuff.
>>
For everyone who didn't know; FakeisSad is being welcomed and properly(to my knowledge) supported by stichting Tomo. Tomofair Amsterdam did already receive a check up from them.

FiS being there doesn't mean it'll be bootleg free on tomo or any event they support, that is at the hands of the event. FiS usually doesn't have authority do more than request thing to be removed. FiS gives a con a clear overview and the event will have to handle further action.
>>
i see a lot of people looking for tomocon tickets (sold out? free tickets?) i hope for those visiting that it's not going to be overcrowded
>>
>>9425558
We know and do value FiS volunteers taking their time to commit to this. But like you said, the event has to handle further actions which in the case of Tomo probably doesn't bode well.

>>9425559
If it truly is overcrowded, and only if it is, don't hesitate to call Berghem's fire station for everyone's safety. Their number can be found on https://www.brandweer-oss.nl/contact in case you need it.
>>
>>9425492
>>9425509
>>9425542
>Stop expecting us to take responsibility for anything! Stop calling attention to our faults! In fact nothing is ever our fault, it's all YOUR fault!
>>
Lets change the subject to something more interesting; patterns! Do you all use pre-made stuff, modify a basic template or create them from scratch entirely? Also if anyone has some basic foam leg armour templates I would love to get my hands on them.
>>
>>9425604
I have a whole bunch of Burda magazines, enough that I always find at least one pattern that looks like what I need, then alter it from there.
>>
>>9425115
group orders will only increase the fee, so its not exactly smarter to participate in a group order imo
>>
>>9425456
>anime figure of 50 euros including shipping arrives
>have to pay 25 euros in fees

I just want to buy my weeb shit for normal prices.
>>
>>9425617
Then buy it from a seller within the EU?
>>
>>9425624
You end up paying more for a figure in the first place (sometimes more then it would have been from Japan + fees) and it also takes longer for figures to be in stock. It can be a two months difference.
Overall I'd rather take the chance of having to pay fees then to pay more and wait longer by default.
>>
>>9423502
They weren't the only shop.
>>
>>9425604
Until now I have made my patterns from scratch. I tried the "find a pattern and alter from there" but I always get frustrated because I could never find what I'm looking for. Or it look so different that making all the alterations would take me longer than just make it myself. I happen to be pretty handy when it comes to insight on how a pattern should lay on the body so I don't bother looking up existing patterns.
>>
>>9425604
I like to use pre-made patterns and alter them the way I want it. I have pattern classes at school, but that takes so damn long and all the steps are so confusing.
>>
i heard several stories about tomo events screwing their dealers and catering over in terms of money, not a big fan of it
>>
>>9425489
No, die alone
>>
>>9425804
Pls no bully MaanEi.

>>9420931
I can be your chad waifu MaanEi, give me a chance.
>>
>>9425604
I alter and frankenstein commercial patterns, because I suck at drafting from scratch and my measurements are fortunately pretty generic. Every altered pattern I make I trace on sturdier paper and file away in my fancy filing cabinet so that if I ever need to make something similar again, I don't have to start over with a commercial one.
I'm clueless about foam though, sorry.
>>
>>9425604
I make patterns from scratch, or use basic patterns that are easy to alter. For armour, that is. As for fabric, I like to work with existing ones and alter those too. Though at the moment I'm making my patterns from scratch again for this particular costume.
>>
>>9425806
Stop shitposting

Seagulls, need your opinions on wigs. Tweedehands, yay or nay?
>>
>>9425909
>Seagulls, need your opinions on wigs. Tweedehands, yay or nay?
As with all second hand items I'd say it depends on that shape and price of the item.
>>
>>9425909
desu its so easy to sell cheap ebay wigs for a couple eu more as second hand, so rather not.
>>
>>9425909
excuse you? we may post anything we want here
>>
>>9423502
Weird, I really do not know anybody who bought a tickets, Just about everybody and their mum got 2 or 4 tickets for free, regardless if they wanted them or not.
>>
>>9425909
depends on if they are hard to find, prestyled etc. If I can get it off of ebay cheaper I'll buy there, but I suck at styling wigs so willing to fork out more money for pre styled / combined / custom dyed wigs. Or incase I'm in need of one and can't wait for 30 days
>>
>>9423659
Lots of people I know who visited DCC arent people who go to Tomo. Lots of people I know who usually go to Tomo didnt visit DCC. Just some go to both. You cant actually compare these type of visitors. In other words DCC isnt the best place to gove away tomo tickets.
>>
can i just wonder something? isanami is taking part in the animecon competitions while her boyfriend works for animecon and is even helping host the competitions. why is this even allowed?
>>
>>9426747
Did you reply to the wrong post?
>>
>>9426749
She isn't part of animecon herself so it shouldn't be a problem.
>>
>>9426749
Also he doesn't host. As long as he isn't a judge it's not a problem, and since I don't think Animecon ever has Dutch judges it's fine.
>>
>>9426766
>>9426775

What exactly is your problem with her anon? There are more cosplayers with affiliations to animecon yet it's that girl you want to bash about.
>>
>>9426793

Tagged wrong again.
>>
>>9426749
If past or present relationships would prevent people to participate in a competition, then I think you can remove half the competition participants if the rumors are true.
>>
>>9426749
Animecon orga has no influence on judging, since judging is done by independent and renowned cosplayers from other countries.
>>
>>9426834
But that's so unfair? How will I be able to compete against those talented cosplayers if I can't use my connections?! /s
>>
>>9426840
Bribes? Offer your body to the judges? Kidnap their loved ones?
>>
>>9426840
Git good! Or get Rekt!
>>
>>9426903
>Has a good chuckle out of this conversation
>>
>>9426749
wayne's workshop joins the-party cosplay competition while uses materials sponsored by proptimum, that also sponsors the prizes that are awarded by said contest.
Tbh aslong as you're not affliated with the judges it's fine, and even if you are, you cant possibly be with all judges

I do find that if you know the judges they tend to check up your costume more/better than if you don't know them, and pre-checked costumes have a better chance of winning than a short glimpse at the stage (both before the contest/social media and during the contest pre-judging).
>>
Anyone else who feels trippy as fuck when having a lack of sleep? My first or second time at abunai I was seeing all kinds of things that weren't there.
>>
>>9426793
>>9426821

as far as i've seen there is no one of the competitors that has more obvious affiliations than her. her boyfriend akuma works there. the other competitors are only friends with some of the people there. if this is isanami's way of winning competitions then i have a good reason for hating her. she is just an annoying thing that seems like she gets anything if she just snaps her fingers. she is a black spot in our community in my opinion.

>>9426840
oh don't worry. i'm going to fill in a complaint about this and i hope others are with me.
>>
>>9426970
Sleep with all of the judges!
>>
>>9426982
>being this jelly
>>
>>9426982
I am quite sure there has been more relationships in the past and that has never been an issue with anybody. Probably because it had no influence.
As far as the judges remain spotless, nobody gets a smaller chance and I have a good show, I do not care if they are all senseless robots or if half of them fucks the other half.
>>
File: wiehaddatgedachttomo.png (961KB, 1147x723px) Image search: [Google]
wiehaddatgedachttomo.png
961KB, 1147x723px
>>9425559
They never sell out. Usually, when the ticket sales don't look too well, they start handing out free tickets everywhere, so they can at least fill the venue to the brim.
>>
>>9427021
*hugs*
>>
>>9426989
i am not what you call jelly. i can't be jealous of someone who is like I said before, no competition. i'm not afraid she will win because she's ugly, has no good cosplays from what i've seen so far so i doubt her competition costume will be any better. i'm sure half of the community would be cheering if she decided to stop cosplaying because she is a black spot in our community. i couldn't care less about her but her way of doing things disgusts me. i hope she reads this and finally decides to go.
>>
>>9427045
And yet here you are feeling triggered as shit and feeling like you need to prove to a bunch of anonymous strangers, and mostly yourself, that you don't care.
>>
>>9427045
>i couldn't care less about her but her way of doing things disgusts me.

Wow, contradicting yourself in one sentence...
>>
>>9427045
You got issues man.
>>
So, Tomocon... Kind of enjoyed myself, really. I think they did pretty well: saw the guy from bootleg patrol doing stuff and cleaning up a few booths, the food was decent for the money, looked like everyone had a good time. That's what's important, no?

One girl fainted (no idea why, probs hydration), they took care of her and even called an ambulance.
The band was a surprise: they could play, and play well, too. Looked good too.

Cosplay was the same old cringe, although one girl dressed down in a shimakaze outfit. Nice ass, no pictures by me. Is nice to see that a girl can dress like that without being harassed.
>>
>>9426821
Wonder who you mean by that, lol
>>
>>9427087

Nice
>>
>>9426979
>Anyone else who feels trippy as fuck when having a lack of sleep
Yeah I was driving once and saw all kinds of weird animals on the side of the road that werent there on closer inspection.
>>
>>9427087
That shimakaze went very true to the original image with pretty much everything showing. While I know ppl can dress however they want I do kind of hope she's an adult.

I went to Tomocon for obligations and it wasn't the worst Tomo so far, I guess. I saw like 1 person that I sort-of know that wasn't there for other obligations. The audience for Tomo events has basically shifted entirely, going from a con visited by a good portion of the cos community as we know from tsuna/nishi level to 'Normie's first step into cosplay; the convention'.
>>
>>9427048
oh i believe myself and i have a whole group that beliefs me.

>>9427082
that she as a person is something i don't care about but her actions are disgusting is not contradicting.

>>9427083
my only issue is her. she is the one with issues. she thinks she can win a entire competition with just connections. i also find it hilarious that she thinks she is loved by her boyfriend while he is just using her to make his exes jealous. in that case he should try to do that with someone more beautiful, not uglier.
>>
>>9427200
all this shitting on some girl whose boyfriend is "using to make his exes jealous" makes me think you may be a bitter ex anon
>>
>>9427200
She's the one with the issues, and yet here you are leaping to conclusions and going about with your (not so) passive aggressive posts constantly. Just let it go, I don't even know what face belongs to the name of the girl and this don't think she's a "black spot" in the community. Go write in your diary if you remain this angry, sheesh.
>>
>>9427265
Had to look her up as well, looks like your average weeb cosplayer? Not exactly a black mark on the community.
>>
File: for (You).gif (601KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
for (You).gif
601KB, 500x281px
>>9426749
>>9426982
>>9427045
>>9427200
>i care so little that i have to repeatedly stir shit under the guise of "wondering" about something teehee she's got issues tho and is a cunt

fuck off already with this stupid """"coy"""" bullshit, the lolita's behaved better than you last thread and that's saying something
>>
>>9427200
>i also find it hilarious that she thinks she is loved by her boyfriend while he is just using her to make his exes jealous.
I think they actually live together now. And are together for more than a year. If you then still believe in your reasoning, then there is really something wrong with your wiring.
>>
You know what I think is funny but also kinda weird? All those cosplayer girls who claim to be lesbian, then get boyfriends
>>
Anyone knows the guy that had the cosplay fitness/weight loss panel at animecon? He cosplays wolverine
>>
>>9427752
They just want to be like the lesbian cosplay duo's. Because it's hot.
>>
>>9427752
Or they realise they may be bisexual. But I think >>9427834 has a point.
>>
>>9427831
His name is Jeremy R. and the gym is called Jemfit.
You will be able to find him like that
>>
>>9427752
Really? Name one cause i cant
>>
>>9427752
That's probably to fend off guys until the cosplayer finds the right one. If you're known as a lesbian, about 95%of the male folk will accept she's betting for her own team and will leave it at that.
>>
>>9427894
*Batting
>>
>>9427834
>They just want to be like the yaoi cosplay duo's. Because it's hot.
ftfy
>>
Anyone else saw that guy at the Tomocon gameroom barfing? (I mean like projectilepuking)
Anybody know if he's okay?

I did saw an ambulance pulling up, but that was way later.
>>
>>9428004
There was only an A2 (gepaste spoed) on Saturday so I doubt it was serious. Probably just some idiot who forget they need food and water to survive.
>>
>>9428025
Naww, I mean today.
>>
>>9428004
Glad I'm on the other side of the globe. People vomiting is like...my number one phobia.
>>
>>9428025
From what I heard though they did bag searches to make sure you don't bring food and drink into the con. How ridiculous is that?
>>
>>9428143
yeah, its in the rules actually... youre not allowed to bring your own food or drinks. tomo only cares about your money
>>
I sorta get it, the tickets are cheap/for free so they gotta get their funds elsewhere aside from selling bootlegs. On the other hand I had to travel for 3 hours to a con (not tomo I think) and dump the drinks for the way back home in a bin.
To add to the other converstation, thats why I don't believe people who change their sexuality and gender. One girl went from female lesbian to male homosexual to agender. Like who the fuck cares? Thats why I never state my sexuality.
>>
>>9428149
It's probably the venue's fault. You aren't allowed to bring your own food to Animecon or Abunai either, not because those organisers are hungry for your money, but because the venue demands it.

Probably also the reason they need those cons.
>>
>>9428171
The previous years at the same venue, bringing your own food and drinks was accepted. They are o ly checking for it this year. Seems a bit weird that they wouldnt allow it the third year.. nevertheless, the food next to the dealerroom tent was great! The food at the back of the con wasnt that great.

I did miss Cherry Pie Maid cafe though. Why weren't they there?
>>
File: IMG-20170409-WA0003.jpg (159KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170409-WA0003.jpg
159KB, 1600x1200px
Bounce castle @ tomocon claimed for /cgl/
>>
The atmosphere at TomoCon(At least on the Saturday) was great I really liked all those tents outside.
>>
TomoCon was once again lucky with the good weather!
>>
>>9428171
Animecon and Abunai never gave me shit for bringing my own food, drinks and alcohol inside. Either I have been extremely lucky over the past 8 years or this is bullshit.
>>
Anyone hear anything about the thieves who were caught during saturday night? As rumor goes, some people broke into the dealers tent and they tried to steal some stuff during the night. As far as i know they took a few bottles of mead. Some people say that they caught the thieves before they could steal anything, but others say that they had already stolen some stuff... anymore has intel on this?
>>
>>9428143
Seems it was needed. At Sunday they were checking for sharp items as well. Asked the security why, and they explained there was an stabbing incident at Saturday evening.
>>
>>9427087
That Shimakaze cosplay was cute
>>
>>9428470
>Oss
>stabbing incident
Gee, who would had thought?
>>
>>9428497
Kek
>>
>>9428470
I guess that the reason there were suddenly 3-5 police men/women walking around outside.
>>
>>9428300
Yeah I was hoping it would be shit so it would feel even more cramped.
>>
>>9428292
Legend
>>
>>9428395
Hell, Animecon made even a deal with the local Pizzaria, turned out to be one of their best weekends ever with selling some 2000 pizza´s.
>>
>>9428252
This was my first Tomocon, so I didn't know what they did in the past years.
Despite the ban on outside food, i saw many visitors drinking/eating their own stuff, so I guess the check at the entrance is the only moment they enforce the rule.
>>
>>9428395
I know that Abunai got flak from Koningshof for the tower of pizza in previous years. Next year or the year after, Koningshof started to sell pizza themselves.
At Animecon Almelo in '10, I had to move my outside drink outside, or to my hotel room. Animecon/Abunai have a rule on outside food, but as long as you don't flaunt it too much, they have better things to do than take it away.
Venues change their mind on things all the time, and I wouldn't put it past a dorpshuis like that to force a rule like that, especially with an Albert Heijn right around the corner.

In the end, I don't really care. Pricing was reasonable, food from Honkies was good (but i cant help thinking of McLemore's Thrift Shop every time i see that stand), so paying a little extra for that isn't really a problem.
>>
>>9428292
Haha that's awesome. Is there going to be a cgl meet at animecon or abunai?
>>
>>9429015
Yes, we'll definitely do another meet at Animecon but we can't plan anything until after they have finished (most of) their schedule. So check back in the thread or on Discord about two weeks before Animecon if you want to have a say in when we meet. And yes, the meet talk on Discord will have its own "no fun allowed" channel, and all plans and votes will be cross posted here so nobody has to miss a thing.
>>
>>9429039
>the meet talk on Discord will have its own "no fun allowed" channel
so no meet during xmv/hentai voiceover moments then?

>>9428252
At tomofair last year the maid cafe looked really shitty due to the venue (gym hall, shitty temporary walls, heated up noodle to-go), maybe they stopped coming after that
>>
>>9429049
More like no meets during any major event, hence the wait for the schedule part. And by "no fun allowed channel" I meant serious talk regarding (planning) the meet only. As you can imagine trying to arrange something with 10~15 people is pretty much impossible if every serious post gets burried by 256 posts full of memes. But if you don't feel like being that weird guy who shows up alone at 18+ events you can always ask anyone to join you.
>>
>>9428300
Now watch them take credit for it like it's something they actually organised, instead of dumb luck.
>>
>>9429065
the guy from MGC says that tomo is always "too lucky" with the weather.
>>
>>9426982
You do realise you are on your own with this crap right? Stop picking on this Isanami. Most people dont even know her. XD just go away you.
>>
File: 1270670668300.png (326KB, 640x509px) Image search: [Google]
1270670668300.png
326KB, 640x509px
>>9426749
Hold up, where did you find out she was going to take part in the animecon competitions?
I can't find it anywhere on her page.

Provide some source material for confirmation please
>>
>>9429300
They are tho. Imagine the drama if it would rain instead .
>>
>>9429442
So I have an alternate theory. What if the anon hating on Isanami is Isanami in a bid to get people to talk about her?

Nah just joking but that would be one hell of a ride. I did look up who she was because of vendetta anon, so congrats vendettanon you managed to do the opposite of what you set out to do?
>>
>>9428795
yeah, I was one of the first guys to come in Saturday and they didn't check it.
In fact I left and re-entered the con multiple times without getting caught once.
I sadly got caught Sunday.
I even ate some outside food in view of a gopher and he didn't seem to give a crap.
>>
>>9427087
I mostly went for cosplay photography (didn't photograph the Shimakaze cosplayer tough)
I still had a great time chatting with people and hanging with friends.
The weather was a bit hot for my liking tough.
>>
I'm getting so sick and tired of Love Live cosplay
>>
>>9430403
Good good let the hatred flow through you. I'm going to cosplay from it as well.
>>
>>9430403
Life is a lot more fun when you stop caring about what others cosplay. Just ignore the ones you dislike and have fun.
>>
>>9426749
I would recommend to mail this question to Animecon. Usually they answer quickly.
>>
>>9427170
>While I know ppl can dress however they want I do kind of hope she's an adult

Suddenly I'm reminded of this 14 year old girl (I think) that wore a bikini Miku cosplay to a con and just couldn't see the issue with this.
This was years ago tho so I could be wrong.
>>
>>9430505
Reminds me of the underage girls in school uniforms posing with their legs spread in the abunai hallways, pedobait much
>>
honestly tomo wasn't as bad as i was expecting, it's not worth the 3 hours of travel though.
>>
>>9430403
>not Suicide Squad Harley Quinn or Joker cosplay
>>
>>9426749
bc the host and animecon organisers aren't actually the ones that judge the competitions???? what is your beef?? get a cup of tea? chill? find some meaning in your life?
>>
File: HURRRR.jpg (210KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
HURRRR.jpg
210KB, 1920x1080px
I can't be the only one that wishes they'd have used a slightly less, uh, deformed-looking anime character for this...
>>
>>9431501
Not really.
http://hiroyukimatsuura.com/arc/uki-uki/
>>
File: AIR.jpg (38KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
AIR.jpg
38KB, 500x281px
>>9431501
>>
Who is going to Formula? I'm still doubting to go. Yes or no?
>>
>>9431504
>http://hiroyukimatsuura.com/arc/uki-uki/
Still looks like shit famalam.
>>
>>9431501
Will there be gulls at the opening though?
>>
>>9432428
Ill probably go. Was there last Year and you shouldn't expect much of it but it was small and I had a good time with people I know. It's nice if you live close by but not worth traveling 3 hours for imo.
>>
>>9432509
Yes. I wonder who else will be there
>>
>>9427170
I'm pretty sure she was 16 or something.
>>
>>9432653
Found her, I think.
She's 17.
>>
>>9432509
>>9432601
I'm going
>>
This weekend is theparty in eindhoven, anyone going? Haven't heard of it befores is it any good?
>>
>>9432601
>>9432703
I am slowly making my way towards there, I've already been pestered by children about my outfit. Seems like I am doing it right.
>>
>>9432758
I'm going, but only people that join the contest have any point in going there as it's a lan party, not a convention
>>
>>9430505
When I was 13 I used to post pictures of me wearing my bellybuttonpiercing and you could see part of my underwear (but not my face) on my sugarbabes profile, I also talked with men over 20 years old on msn and sent them pictures. I genuinely did not see a problem with it at that time, didn't even think it was weird. I thought they just wanted to be my friend and liked piercings lol. Sage for ot.
>>
>>9432655
It's a german girl, her age isn't public apparently.
>>
>>9432872
She said on instagram that she will be turning 18 soon.
>>
>>9432831
Same, though I was not that quick with sending pictures. Truth is, looking back; I've done some stupid shit.
>>
How was Cool Japan, guys?
>>
Bruh when I was 14/15 I took pictures of myself for a fetish dating site and talked to a pedophile that drugs girls, fucks moms with 14 year old daughter watching. Trust me I was a messed up kid. Whatever gets on the internet stays on the internet they say.
>>
>>9433200
I met up with some 21-year-old /r9k/ dude who talked extensively to me about his fetishes when I was 14. How common is this shit?
>>
>>9433220
Only as common as you let it become.
>>
>>9433198
It was a fun and colourful, albeit really crowded. The exposition left me wanting more though. A lot of the pieces felt forced or just wrong next to eachother, a bit of a mish-mash. There was one taobao dress without blouse or anything that was meant to rep lolita so I found that personally sad.
My favourite hall was the one with contemporary new Japanese designer fashion as opposed to street fashion.
So in the end wasn't bad but not that good of an exposition either.
>>
>>9433198
It was nice, it has a little bit of everything and it's a good exposition if you're new to Japanese cultur, but the average anime watcher who also has an intressed in fashion will know pretty much know all the displayed information.
>>
Why is almost every lolita I meet either incredibly stuck-up or hungry for efame? Where are the non-special lolitas?
>>
>>9433840
Nowhere near camera's, internet or spotlights. Usually hanging out in cute cafés without telling anyone not involved.
>>
Why draw your own art when you can snatch parts of other's. Sakuraflor from team chaos has some explaining to do.

oh well.
>>
>>9433900
And then to imagine people pay money for this
>>
>>9433900
Lel damn, anon. Is the original drawing of hers still up?
>>
>>9433900
Ive asked her about this and she has told people she's a student from sakimichan. Her art is very similar to that of sakimichan which would make sense if you're learning from someone. Then again who knows.
>>
>>9433900
She does this all the time I'm afraid. Just look closely at some of her overwatch "drawings". Half of it is from the game models.
>>
>>9433918
there's a pretty big difference between "very similar" and "straight up the same"
>>
Lol yeah https://www.patreon.com/posts/tifa-lockhart-8626545
>>
>>9433900
There are speed drawings of each drawing of her on their patreon so before you attack someone you should check those. There you can see that she draws everything herself.
>>
File: 6004512812331969044.jpg (265KB, 1500x2121px) Image search: [Google]
6004512812331969044.jpg
265KB, 1500x2121px
>>9433927

>draws everything herself

100% selfmade uwu do not steel
>>
>>9433900
You know Hakan did all kinds of shady shit like selling 3ds prints from others as his own but I never had a concrete reason to dislike Sakuraflor. this very much changes that tho. You can be a student however much you like, straight up tracing and asking money for it is not ok. If the tracing argument even holds up, that is, did anyone show this to the original artist?
>>
>>9433927
>because if it's a speed drawing you can't edit the video, right?
>>
>>9433931
Lmaooo did she just copy paste a new face on the old model?
>>
File: arnold-tsang-print-mccree.jpg (324KB, 1920x2249px) Image search: [Google]
arnold-tsang-print-mccree.jpg
324KB, 1920x2249px
>>9433931
The pose from the reference image aside. that armor is just literally copypasted from the official Blizzard art.
>>
>>9433936
Maybe try asking her? I agree with what has been said above she has speed drawings from every drawing so why not check those?
>>
>>9433938
Omg that's just going real far to find a reason to take her down
>>
>>9433918
>and she has told people she's a student from sakimichan.
Vague, anon. Vague.
>>
>>9433938
Omg that's just going real far to find a reason to take her down
>>
>>9433927
I just watched some of them, and there are big skips in the process of the drawing where parts suddenly appeared fully colored/rendered without it being shown.
>>
>>9433953
Link?
>>
File: 2017-04-14_16h41_34.webm (346KB, 352x312px) Image search: [Google]
2017-04-14_16h41_34.webm
346KB, 352x312px
>>9433900
Okay, this one is pretty obvious once you fade it over the top one (webm related). As for >>9433931 >>9433941, you can tell it was used as a reference. Not necessarily a bad thing, but it's still pretty obvious.
>>
>>9433927
15 bucks to see timeskips naahhh son. Rather spend it on sakimi-whats her name.
>>
>>9433957
Well we know where the glove comes from now
>>
>>9433957
'Not necessarily a bad thing' -ofcourse It wouldn't be a bad thing if it was just a hobby she did for free. She asks money for these drawings and speedpaints.
>>
>>9433961
Holy shit! It's completely copypasted not even traced
>>
>>9433967
Certain parts line up quite nicely once you cut them, rotate and stretch them out a bit. Personally I hope this is because it was used as a reference, but the more I start messing with both in Photoshop the more I start to feel like multiple elements were copypasted.
>>
Lol ive been waiting for someone to point out sakuraflor's tracing. Tbh i find her overal content and how she comes across obnoxious and pretentious. She vlogs like she's world famous yet barely anyone watches :^) good for laughs
>>
>>9433972
Hey remember, they put the Netherlands on the map!
>>
>>9433974
Worldinfamous in the Netherlands right?
>>
>>9433972
Lol and there we are again. I was wondering how long it would take for people to start hating on team chaos again. It was silent for way too long. Now let's see the war taking place for pro and contras.

Although I have to admit some of you are going through extreme lengths to put Sakuraflor down. Editing speed drawing videos? So called timeskips but no link. I would like to see links to that.

So she uses reference? Isn't that normal with artists? I mean look at pretzel. She took one reference and now literally every drawing is the exact same with a different "design" on it. Lol
>>
>>9433980
Does Pretzl ask money for it tho? Because that is the biggest offender in my book. Dont give a shit bout traced art, just dont ask money for that crap.
>>
>>9433981
Sakuraflor isn't asking money for it though otherwise it wouldn't be online like that. Not as far as I know I mean their patreon is based on Cosplay. The art is an extra or am I seeing that wrong?
>>
>>9433983
half the patreon activity is her art. inclucing patron only posts.
>>
>>9433983
If you pay her you get the HD and timelapse of said drawings.
>>
>>9433985
She's not forcing you to pay though it's your own decision. I see a lot of accusations but not much real proof. So she uses references.. if you're drawing fan art obviously it'll look alike.. what a drama. It's supposed to look the same.

Also if you scroll back she always tags sakimi in her drawings and thanks her, but ok
>>
>>9433936
They are just scammers. I'm actually very disappointed in both of them.
>>
>>9433980
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9D2kC8kFeo
some quickly noticable timeskips looking at the CLOCK TOP RIGHT

13:46 > 13:50
14:07 > 14:18
14:38 > 14:50
>>
>>9433994
It's very easy to hate on someone based on rumors though. A month ago people were giving them kudos on how well they organized the compo at DCC and now everyone is calling them a scam based on this? Guess at some point it's just easier to hate on people to make ourselves feel good. I feel sorry for them though they do seem like a nice group.
>>
>>9433991
>if you're drawing fan art obviously it'll look alike
Worst white knight agument of the day goes to you, congrats!

Fan art in no way has to have the same style as the original character/whatever imaged, it just needs to be recognisable enough as that character/whatever imaged.
On top of that, one fanwork to another in no way need to look simmilar, thats some rich bullshit.

>>9433980
>comparing tracing to using a simmilar base for original(pretty or not) alternate outfits for various characters
Look I personally dont like most of the designs pretzl draws but in fashion/costume design its not uncommon to use a base drawing to design multiple sets of clothes over, because the focus is the dress/armor/whatever, not the character.
>>
>>9434005
Omg anon that's ridiculous lol are you seriously attacking her on non recorded minutes? Wauw.. just wauw..
>>
>>9434015
Oh please expert do tell me how neo art and sakimi aren't similar when drawing fan art. I think you can't judge so easily
>>
>>9434016
Why would you leave bits out if you are recording your complete drawing process. Its more of a hassle to edit these sequences out anyways, why go trough that. go get a better counter argument to make fun of someones pettiness.
>>
>>9434016
kinda bloody obvious when entire parts get drawin in missing minutes. wauw much wauw
>>
Pretty fucking sure it's sakuraflor defending herself right now or anon really must be retarded.
>>
>>9433900
I'm surprised people figured this out now. Back in the days (1,5 year or something) she had no problem admitting that her Dragon Ball and a lot of her non-cute anime drawings were traced.
>>
>>9434021
That's always number one argument lol
>>
>>9434024
Proof?
>>
>>9434030
Sorry I don't recorded everything everyone says to me.
>>
>>9434021
Nah, it's a friend of hers.
>>
Alrighty then, random anon joining the party.

People request proof for tracing or bullshittery on art, it is given with solid proof but then it's discarded as if it is not valid. What is it that you want? Clearly not proof because I have seen at least three that are solid af.

Either put on some glasses or take off that tin foil hat buckeroos.
>>
I didn't know there was this much drama on /cgl/, never really visit this board.
>>
>>9434042
You sure that you didn't come because someone else porred you with the info that there's drama? Because this is the first time since a while.

Otherwise welcome to Dutch Thread, most of the time we're pretty boring, so consider yourself lucky you came at an interesting moment.
>>
File: IMG_9305.jpg (187KB, 818x976px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9305.jpg
187KB, 818x976px
>>9434039
Actually all great artist get accused of this at some point. Sakimichan, art gem and even neonart have been accused of "copying"

Learning from others is part of learning as and artist though. Besides as far as I could see on her insta she does tag this sakimichan in it so..

Ps this is from artgem
>>
File: welp.jpg (561KB, 1400x658px) Image search: [Google]
welp.jpg
561KB, 1400x658px
>>9433931
Lmfao this is so fucking shameless. It's so easy to tell where it all comes from.
There is no way she drew the face herself either. Possibly a patron-only post of sakimichan's?

Anyway, do what you want to make pretty pictures, but own up to how you make them. All concept artists use these kinds of tricks so they can get their work done fast, but they don't lie about it, they don't mysteriously cut away from their speedpaint vids.
And especially don't fucking go and ask money for this shit, wtf.
>>
>>9433840
there are some really chill lolita's in the Dutch comm if I may say so myself, how old are you and in which province are you?
>>
>>9433980
I don't even know who this person is (here for lolita) but referencing is very different from tracing and copying, which is clearly what's going on here. If this person is in art school and her tutors find out she's tracing other people's work and passing it off as her own, especially in exchange for money, there's a good chance she'll be kicked out and blacklisted.

>>9434087
This is kind of ironic because much of the animation in that version of Robin Hood is traced from older Disney movies like Snow White and Sleeping Beauty. At least in that case, the studio was 'stealing' from itself because of time and money restraints.
>>
>>9434048
Have been following this thread since I got back from Tomocon. Was hoping people would be posted pictures they took.
>>
>>9434087
>Actually all great artist get accused of this at some point.

That's bullshit and you know it. Just because you can name 5 (or more, there are thousands of famous artists) who did/got accused of it, doesn't make it rule for every great artist.

>Sakimichan, art gem and even neonart have been accused of "copying".

Yeah and you can read all about their shades somewhere else (especially Sakimichan). Just because they do it and make money of it, doesn't make it right.

Learning and trying things out is fine, but keep it at learning. You can share it as practice drawings, but don't sell it.
>>
>>9434118
people barely ever post their pictures here bro
>>
>>9434087
You misspelled artgerm, twice. That picture isn't even by artgerm. And there's nothing wrong with it.
Seriously, please tell me you can tell the difference between a paintover of a screenshot (which was posted alongside said screenshot) and a picture that's traced and cobbled together from official art/renders while pretending it's completely original.
>>
>>9434118
Almost nobody here goes to Tomoanything, you will have more luck on Facebook.
>>
The jealousy is insane.
>>
>>9434171
so is the ass kissery of some people here
>>
>>9434171
Yeah, I wish I had such sick tracing and copypasta skills...
>>
>>9433900
I get the feeling when I see this, that she got so caught up in tracing, that she totally missed to properly do the rest of the body.
I feel like I'm looking at a giraffe.
>>
>>9434171
Agreed.. what the hell some people are really going through crazy lengths to try and put her down lol. It's kinda sad.
>>
>>9434195
Yeah it's not like it's insulting actual artists working their asses of or something.
>>
>>9434205
oh for christ sake she's not even drawing most of it, it's poorly photoshopped together. She's asking money for it. It's shameless. White knighting has never worked in anyone's favor on 4chan ever. Just go make some more of these monstrosities and leave the words 'art' and 'artist' out of this. It's an insult
>>
>>9434205
Wow so based on rumors she suddenly doesn't work hard and isn't an artist. Maybe check out some of her other work. I've been following her from the start and she has been working really hard on her art. It's kinda childish to shoot her down like this.. that's what I'd call jealousy..
>>
>>9434208
That's... exactly what I was saying though?

>>9434212
So people calling her out are jealous? Artists work their asses off and then there's this clown trying to make money with tracing. Yeah, jealousy is obviously the main factor here.
>>
As an artist everything in this topic triggers me.
>>
Her old work, sure, she can draw. But that is exactly the point. She CAN draw, so why make this crap? (I know you're reading this saku, tho sending your friends isnt working) She is talented and with enough practice she will get better, but stealing other people's art or tracing or photoshopping is not making her better. It's only hurting her. Of course it's okay to practice while tracing, but there's no need for any of this. I personally prefer her disney warrior designs much much more than the copied crap she puts out now.
>>
I dont know whats more pointless, the white knights defending her. Or the people trying to convince these white knights. They arent ever gonna listen, doesnt matter how much good evidence people will dig up.
>>
File: dense.png (70KB, 243x200px) Image search: [Google]
dense.png
70KB, 243x200px
>I WANT EVIDENCE
>anons post evidence
>JEALOUS ALL OF YOU

damn, good job being absolute retards
not even gonna give any (You)s
>>
>>9434253
THANK YOU
>>
File: 1479242403270.jpg (21KB, 626x417px) Image search: [Google]
1479242403270.jpg
21KB, 626x417px
The current thread has reached it's bump limit and is now heading to the shadow zone. Luckily, a new thread has miraculously appeared over at >>9434266
>>
>>9433931
traced or not, I always found her weird looking. Something always looked off about them.
>>
>>9433974
putting tracing on the map
>>
>>9433287
The exhibit is aimed at newcomers to the Japanese popular culture. In that regard, it's spot on. Perhaps a bit small, but they managed to capture the essence, which is no small feat. Wereldmuseum in Rotterdam missed that mark by a mile, a couple of years ago.

I'm one of many who had the pleasure to help this come into reality, and it's always a bit of a surprise how people will follow your advice. They surpassed my expectations, I admit.
>>
The new thread got deleted for "singling out individuals", so a neo-new thread has been made and can be found at >>9434544
>>
>>9433927
Speed drawings? You mean speed colorings/speed dodge-and-burn tool. She always starts with the outline already finished in her vids. That doesn't make it a speed drawing.
>>
>>9433936
Looks like Hakan is teaching Sakuraflor how to scam. So it looks like she's more like a student of Hakan then of Sakimichan's.
>>
>>9434359
Lmao
Thread posts: 327
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.