[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First time attending a con

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Really close friends.png (413KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
Really close friends.png
413KB, 750x750px
What am I to expect? Anime Blues Con, if any of you live in the area. I've heard they can be pretty fun, but I have a mild anxiety disorder and dysthymia, so I don't know if the socialization will be therapeutic or horrifying.
>>
Body odor
>>
Unless you're cosplaying, or a hot girl who looks lonely, nobody is going to bother you. If you are browsing the dealer's hall or artist all they may ask you if you need help.
>>
Don't worry, you'll be in good company. I'm going to ABC, too, Anon. I live about 15 minutes away from the convention center. What tracks are you thinking you'll attend?
>>
>>9412221

if youre not cosplaying then expect to be out of loop and not have any fun at all, unless you have some good friends with you, which you don't seem to have.

and even then, going to a con without a costume just sucks, its like being that kid in the corner of the cafeteria.
>>
>>9413698
This, not cosplaying to a con(even if your cosplay isn't super popular) takes out a lot from the con. Most all cons I've been to are super fun and rarely have had a bad time, which was kinda suprising for me since I expecting the horror story threads on /cgl/ level of cringe.
>>
>>9413657
I've been looking over the event schedule and I'm still not sure.

>>9413646
>>9413698
>>9413763
I'm considering it, though whatever I put together will more likely than not be awful.
>>
>>9413120
Hah, is it that common an issue?
>>
>>9414025

The "gamer section" of any con will have it.

Also some of the merch area, since the undesirables will love to buy their loli shit.
>>
I'm currently looking into things that allow me to keep my face covered.
>>
>>9413698
I wouldn't go as far to say a con sucks if you're not cosplaying, but cosplaying definitely makes it a more enjoyable experience. It gives the con a different, more social dynamic.

Pls cosplay OP. It's for your own good.
>>
I go to anime blues con as well. if you have skype or discord or kik or whatever we can talk about it and maybe i can help you out
>>
It's true that cosplaying will give you a social edge that would improve your convention experience, but since it's your first time and you probably want to save yourself from the embarassment of a bad cosplay, it might be best to hold off cosplaying and enjoying the con without dressing up. Just work up the courage to talk to people even if you don't know what they're cosplaying from.
>>
>>9413763
>not cosplaying to a con(even if your cosplay isn't super popular) takes out a lot from the con

really? because ive been going to cons, both anime and comic cons, for the past 15 years or so; never cosplayed at all and i always have a blast. maybe im just better at having fun? i dunno.
>>
Of course /cgl/ is going to tell you that cons are better when you wear a costume! However, I'm going to slightly disagree with some of the people in this thread. Different people enjoy cons in different ways.

If you want to
>Attend panels
>Participate in gaming tournaments
>Get signatures from celebrities
>Shop in the vendor hall/artist alley
None of this requires a costume. In fact, it would get in the way.

If you want to
>Meet new people
>Socialize with other fans of your favorite thing
>Get pictures of awesome cosplays
Wearing a costume is the best way to go.

Costumes are a great icebreaker and will cause people to start conversations with you. If you're cosplaying as a character from a certain series, it will attract people who are fans of that series. When you're wearing a decent costume, other cosplayers will be more receptive to your requests for photos as they may want one of you as well.

If you don't think you can make a decent cosplay, there is no shame in buying one and there are plenty of places you can find online that will make a custom costume tailored to your measurements. Just don't pretend you made it if it's a Chinese commission.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.