[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nostalgia thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

File: 2.jpg (64KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
64KB, 500x333px
Share good things from the past (Livejournal,forums,...), talk about things you miss today, if you're an oldfag tell us about your beginnings,...
>>
I miss namada, kipi, saya, kanon, liberty bell, stay cosplay threads xD
>>
I miss G&L Bible translations and going to a visual kei concert every other month with other lolita's.
>>
As silly as it sounds I miss the Kotakoti drama on /cgl/ and tumblr, for some reason 2011 was when I had the most fun and I remember lurking the threads on warm summer afternoons, with some ice cream. And trying myself to look like a "living doll" Everything seemed so new and exciting.
But now that I look back at it, those threads were super toxic and sometimes there were three at the same time it was getting out of hand.

On another note, I miss 2011 in general, those were THE years to be lolita in France. Too bad I was underage with super strict parents and no money.
>>
>>9408870
i can't believe people unironically like this chick
>>
>>9408870
>>9408902
who is this? she is really cute
my dick wants more of her
>>
I miss Herajika. Always loved her coords.
>>
File: Yui_Europe_Face.png (173KB, 300x363px) Image search: [Google]
Yui_Europe_Face.png
173KB, 300x363px
I remember coming back from school and immediatly checking LJ. The EGL comm, the sales, daily_lolita,...
Oh and the sub groups like angry_lace,wtf_burando,...
or even lolitawank,getoffegl,... and when Behind The Bows was still called Lolita Secrets.

Everything's dead now.
>>
>>9408902
Never was a fan of the whole "princess" thing or liked her as a person (she always sounded kind of...pedantic to me? And her fans, oh boy) but she had pretty pictures and I liked reading her blog back then as a newbie.

>>9408909
>i'm a guy btw xD
>>
>>9408957
She still wears lolita
>>
I miss being super excited about getting a new brand piece. Now that I'm no longer a poor I can afford several new pieces a month and there's no need to obsess over those first 2-3 dresses in my wardrobe.
On a positive note, the first brand dress I bought is now considered classic old school and every time I wear it to a meetup, several girls will flock to me to chat about old times and how much they miss that kind of lolita. It's like an oldfag magnet, and I love it.

>>9408902
When she was still active I thought she was kind of pretentious but now I miss her and blogs like hers. Nostalgia goggles set to 100%.
>>
>>9408870
I miss the old egl days of LJ. I remember being obsessed with lolita and manga in middle school/high school. I was basically the nun in the church of Mana. It was like 2004-2007 ish and I remember being gifted my first sewing machine and making the shittiest, most ita bullshit barely hanging together crap. I remember the lolita handbook, carnet_atlier, candyviolet, inthestarlight, and swdpunk. I went to NYCC for the lolita fashion show and remember seeing all these western lolita brands and wishing I could be a designer like them.

Idk, my teen years were full of shitty handmade ita clothes and terrible ideation of western brands, that looking back, were ita af. but I wouldn't trade it. On the plus side, it taught me through trial and error how to actually sew clothing rofl.
>>
I miss Gyaru. That's all.
>>
>>9408986
Really? Does she have another blog or instagram? Her old tumblr is dead.
>>
PT and Ginsengteacat
>>
>>9409050

+1
>>
>>9409018

omg yesss, bless you anon ::sheds a single tear of nostalgic bliss::
>>
I deeply miss when social justice wasn't a thing (or at least a big one).
Now you can't do anything without offending anyone/being told you're culture appropriating/whitewashing a character you cosplay/...
It's exhausting.
>>
>>9409107
Oh man, what is PT up to these days? Last I knew she lost a shitton of weight and kinda got her shit together?
Ginsengteacat was truly a lolcow too.

I miss older lolcows. Including kotakoti circa 2011-2012. Felice Fawn too. New drama isnt as funny and good. Or maybe I just stopped caring about it.
>>
>>9408972
>>9408991
>>9409018
Same anons, same
;_; FB groups just aren't the same as LJ communities
>>
>>9408986
She often pops up on the instagram of other lolitas. She has one of her own if i remember correcly but its private.
>>
>>9409082
My bad this >>9409416
was meant for you...
>>
I miss when the fruits LJ comm was active. There were a lot of shitty outfits, but also a lot of decent ones for the time and some pretty good discussions. I miss the feeling of excitement I got when people would be nice enough to post scans of Fruits/Cutie/Zipper/Kera out of the blue. Wish I saved more things from that era
>>
>>9409416

Not that anon, but Herajika was my inspiration when I started in lolita. I know there was some incredibly stupid made up drama about her several years ago. Kinda sad that's likely a consideration in what drove her to go private because I truly love the not so matchy matchy style of her coords and her propensity to use unusual colours or items (especially hats) with her coordinates.
>>
>>9409397
This so much, and it unfortunately extends beyond /cgl/ things
>>
>>9409397
>>9409536
Pretty sure this only happens on tumblr unless you are a teenager /surrounded by teenagers
>>
>>9409050
>tfw you're just starting to get into gyaru
I'm always 5-10 years too late for everything
>>
>>9409050
I miss going onto the secrets and actually seeing shit on there.
>>
>>9409933
No anon, this is a common university thing too, unfortunately.
>>
File: God Save the Queen.jpg (353KB, 643x800px) Image search: [Google]
God Save the Queen.jpg
353KB, 643x800px
>>9409400
PT is still loony as ever. She's still the lolcow queen.

Honestly, I miss the /cgl/ drama. I wish it hadn't gotten out of hand with the 4 PT threads/2 Kotakoti threads. Them were the days. I feel that if we had just limited our dramu to maybe a thread or two we could have still had it.
>Ha. Who am I kidding? Moot handed us over to tumblr

>>9409520
I loved looking at Fruits outfits. They were so random, like full body decora, but still somewhat made sense.

>>9409397
>>9409536
I agree. Too easy for people to get butthurt over little shit. It's really tiring.
>>
>>9408870
nowadays if people posted this shit everyone would scream AGEPLAY!!!! LITTLE!!!! in fact, let me be the first to say this looks like some fetish shit. why a picture of her pretending to sleep?
>>
>>9408991

Which dress, out of curiosity?
>>
>>9410659
woah, I know it's a shoop, but she actually looks cool here.

>>9409018
Aw, same. Many fond memories of coming straight home from school to browse EGL and the comm_sales.

>>9408983
Yeah. I liked reading her blog because of the writing style and content, but I've always thought she was kind of frumpy when it came to actually coordinating lolita, granted, this was when people were still figuring out the fashion, especially in the West, and sporting a more "natural" look was favored.
>>
>>9409400
Last I heard she's convinced herself she's becoming a futa.
>>
>>9410989
oh boy
>>
I miss poupee girl so much, nothing will ever fill the void.
>>
>>9411963
Ikr, it used to be so fun.
I rewatched Lor's first "Shit lolita says" video (or was it the second one?) and i realized how some things have changed in just a few years.
I miss 2011-2012.
>tfw she says "i wish everything in my poupee girl closet was in my actual closet"
>tfw forgot about poupee girl until now
>>
>>9409524
>>9409082
You can see her outfits sometimes on this girl's Insta https://www.instagram.com/reina_roo/
>>
File: IMG_7452.jpg (34KB, 236x330px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7452.jpg
34KB, 236x330px
I miss fruits and googling harajuku fashion pics and still thinking japan was magical
>>
I really do miss the Princess Portal. It was really cheesy, but I loved it. I felt like her second blog just crossed the line into full blown pretentiousness that I couldn't get into, though.

>>9409107
>>9409400

Oh my god Ginsengteacat. I wonder what's going on with her these days. She was really something. I think she was my favourite trainwreck of all the lolcows.
>>
I miss when lolita was so rare that I'd be excited to get my hands on anything vaguely resembling it in the west (Alice and Wonderland merch, general Victorian-inspired knick-knacks). I miss wearing lolita out with zero makeup and limp, unstyled hair because I was a gross ita, but still feeling like a million bucks because the fashion was rare and exciting, and everything I'd ever dreamed of that I didn't care how I looked in it to others.

I miss when the community was so small that I could sell or buy something from another girl and we'd become penpals.
>>
>>9409050
+1 Especially Hime Gyaru for me.
>>
>>9412143
THIS. I miss the time when Harajuku was a real and lively area. You know, full of jfashion (punks, visual kei, decora, Pink girls, gyarus, etc.) bands playing in the street and all...
>>
>>9412643
I miss this and I don't miss this. I like that it is easier to get items that I want but I also think that Lolita in the international online community is mostly becoming a popularity contest and it isn't about having fun with clothes but a game of one-up-manship. I'm not saying everyone is like this but I have this gut reaction of thinking that the ~*feel*~ of the fashion is now different.

/specialsnowflake
>>
>>9412686
Oh god, my feels anon.
I used to daydream daily about Harajuku especially in spring/summer when it's good out. I would wonder how it would be to be there dressed in lolita right this instant and such things. Also that bridge hangout.
Now it's ded and so are these fashions i knew (decora,old fairykei,punk,lolita,...are barely ever there anymore)
>>
>>9412857
This so much.
I am really glad that it's so much easier to buy lolita and you can find dirt cheap brand which is amazing, but that older aspect of the comm is dead...
>>
>>9409050
>>9412665
I was never into gyaru myself but I really miss having it around, especially hime and some of the more out-there styles. It all looks so plain now.
I used to love watching videos from big-haired bright pink and floral Japanese gyaru in stores like Jesus Diamante. The brand is honestly so tacky and overpriced but it was fascinating to watch them. Like a nature documentary where I can't decide whether those people are nutso or if I secretly want to be one of them.

What I don't miss is hime hair in lolita, especially the cheaper wigs.
>>
>>9409107
GTC was my personal favorite lolcow. I know it was a good thing for the whole community when the /cgl/ rules changed and all the lolcow and dramafaggery got pushed to 4+4chan, but in a selfish way I kinda miss it being tangled up in the rest of this board.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.